Left: Mario spin-off roster by Nintendo EPD

>Left: Mario spin-off roster by Nintendo EPD
>Right: Mario spin-off roster by a second party

How does this make you feel? Dry Bowser will be in Aces next month so I did a shitty rush edit of his icon there for completionist purposes.

Attached: Untitled.png (2688x720, 3.28M)

>left has cute and funny inklings
>right has a bunch of mooks no one cares about
I think we all know the correct answer

Left is filled with reskins and lazy shit (koopalings, babies) and unfitting garbage non-Mario characters

Right on the other hand is still missing stock classics in favor of crazy so randumb shit like Fire Piranha Plant and chain Chomp.

I hate the koopalings so much

The tennis roster is pretty good with a mix of new and old characters. I agree the MK8 roster is a little too full of weird variants, but I do like that the koopalings are there.

>stock classics
Like....? I'm assuming by classic you mean they've been playable in a Mario spin-off before and not something dumb like Fawful or Chunky Kong

Right, mario tennis. Why would I play as an ugly inkling with its stewie griffin head when I have so many based mooks to choose from?

Attached: 1B58E136-55DB-41AC-BC0B-CD2B8CA1A3F5.png (435x343, 42K)

>actually hating koopalings
wow, zoomers have nbo soul. This is very sad. Kill yourself, it's the only cure.

>>Pauline isn't underneath Waluigi

Forever alone

Magikoopa/Kamek for fucking MK when? He keeps getting cut.
It was a travesty Dry Bones had to wait til deluxe too.

>4 Marios
>4 Peaches
>1/6 of the roster isn't even from Mario
Cringe
>Kamek
>Chain Chomp
>Pauline
>Fire Piranha Plant which is ostensibly a jab at the Smash team
Camelot is based as fuck

Koopalings coming back with NSMBWii was based and I was really glad that it happened.
Problem is Miyamoto's insistence on "gotta stick to what was in SMW as much as possible" lead to them doing a complete 180 and oversaturating everything with the Koopalings. It's not the Koopalings' fault, they're just being handled very poorly. The way they work you can't just have a couple of them, and in something like a platformer or RPG each one needs to be an individual encounter, piling them up and causing them to dominate game presence when they do appear. (Superstar Saga handled this well by making them quick minibosses at the tail end of a game filled to the brim with soulful, original encounters)
Koopalings are definitely something that should only appear once every few games at most, and not given a particularly large role when they do appear unless a significant amount of time, probably a decade, passes since their last one.

both are based for including the best mario enemy

Attached: Shyguy.png (2584x2888, 1.42M)

Chuck isn't in either though.

Koopalings are garbage. I hated them SMW and I hate them now

>Boo is playable in both games

I don't see a problem here

What exactly is the reason for Diddy Kong not being in Mario Kart 8?

Hatred of white developers

Attached: what are birds.gif (250x251, 999K)

Based and mookpilled.

Attached: Clay_lesser_mook.png (150x225, 18K)

>two villagers
>two inklings
>every fucking koopaling
>5 babies
>two peach/mario reskins
Every time I look at the MK8 roster I get so mad.

Attached: 1429507050966 (1).png (227x226, 57K)

Wait, has Aces seriously added almost its entire launch roster in new characters... for free?

Attached: 06g8fIX.png (282x289, 7K)

The only things I want from the right are Petey Pirahna, Chain Chomp, and Pauline. It's not THAT impressive of a roster.
I would remove all babies on the left except Mario and Luigi, as well as Rose Gold Peach.
If you don't like the Koopa Kids, you can fuck off.

Attached: 1556786049537.jpg (280x280, 27K)

Yes, it started with 16 characters and added one more every month since launch (two in January) until it gets to 30 next month. It also added a bunch of alternate outfits for some of the characters (they'll stop adding new ones in August), three new modes/minigames, a postgame world in the adventure mode and they actually finished and added the CG opening, which was pretty half-assed at launch.

>two villagers
>two inklings
>getting upset because they separated them instead of having them in one slot
are you a Smashfag?