Make a piece of shit overpowered character paid DLC

>make a piece of shit overpowered character paid DLC
you'd think sakurai would have learned his lesson with smash 4 bayonetta, but no

Attached: H2x1_NSwitch_SuperSmashBrosUltimate_JokerPresentationNews.jpg (2000x1000, 476K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gk4DGIpNbWU
youtube.com/watch?v=YZOQm88bqvw
youtube.com/watch?v=QMDHAZx92vw
youtube.com/watch?v=muTJjHRk2C8&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/Mkleosb/status/1135390211108737026?s=20
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>overpowered
just throw him really far off the stage bro hows he supposed to get back bro

>make a piece of shit character paid DLC

Normal mode, he has a better ZSS whip. Persona mode he has the highest climbing Up B in the game.

its also the most punishable

>you'd think sakurai would have learned his lesson with smash 4 bayonetta
The lesson that pay2win DLC makes money?

>Waaaah I suck at fighting a character they're OP nerf please

>make a fighter comprised almost entirely of a bunch of other character's moves
>nothing really original or creative about them at all
>sell it for money
>people actually buy it

Attached: 1558311674396.jpg (640x960, 80K)

>make a fighter comprised almost entirely of a bunch of other character's moves
I keep seeing this spammed but nobody ever actually clarifies it.

What is there to clarify?

What moves are directly taken from and exactly like other characters' moves?

>OP
His counter is the most annoying shit ever and killed my interest in the game but how is he OP?

>one character makes you lose interest in a game
Man, Yea Forums really is filled with babies and whiners.

reminder dsp beat Yea Forums in 2 games and they dismissed the games because of it.

Pre-Arsene he's got swordie range speed counter and an insanely long tether recovery. Arsene pops out of his ass after being hit like three times. When Arsene comes out he not only has swordie range and speed but now the power of Ganondorf and an even stronger recovery. Arsene also lasts like 30 seconds unless you're capable of getting through his Ganondorf powered disjoints enough to lower his persona gauge. Oh and his projectile puts a dot on you.

oh, that easy? Tell that to all the pro players who were massacred by MKleo's joker yesterday.

>every single online match was people playing the same fucking character
Plant bored me to tears for an entire week, this faggot too but annoying as shit. Dlc was a mistake

Off the top of my head:

>Up air is Sheik/samus
>Slide is Clouds
>Side Smash is Falco's

Are you retards really using MKleo as proof of a character being "broken"?
lmao

>Arsene pops out of his ass after being hit like three times.
Maybe you're just too predictable against a Rebel's Guard user.

It's a universal complaint.
You can take any of the characters and dissect them into moves from other characters.

mkleo outplayed them, hes just the better player. being the better player doesnt make the character broken. now if you want to say that joker is top tier or perhaps a top 5 character thatd be reasonable, but broken? overpowered? youre talking out of your ass unless your frame of reference is little mac

>they nerfed olimar for this
you fags will start apologizing soon watch

OP which part of pay2win don’t you understand?

Is Ike broken too considering MKLeo beats 99% of the playerbase with him?

>Play against a Joker online
>Play like a giant campy faggot until Arsene goes away
>Feel like scum of the earth

>Watch pro players
>They do the same exact thing

Attached: 1559024696791.png (458x333, 126K)

Seethe harder, Banjokes.

Attached: 1555749757387.jpg (402x405, 33K)

>swordie range
every other sword is at least twice as long, his disjoints only work like swords when spaced very carefully

Rent free much? Is Banjokes going to be the next Discord Trannies insult?

Winning most of the games without losing a single stock, even on the grand final, is not merit of the player, is a clear sign that the character is broken.

Imagine being this seething over a video game character

Don't worry, I'm taking screenshots of your post (and this thread) and posting them in discord for my crew to have a good laugh it. We're having a day full of you're ass.

>make a piece of shit overpowered character paid DLC
its almost like he knows people will buy it for exactly that reason

Guess Olimar, Snake, and Wario are overpowered too.

welcome to reality, in a real competition things like camping and scumming are what separate the good from the great

>MKLeo stops playing Ike
>Ike stops being relevant
These people will never learn.
Joker isn't broken. MKLeo is broken.

thats how hard he outplayed them user, i dont think youre understanding how a skill based competition works

>Up air is Sheik/samus
I don't recall them being able to grab people with their Up Bs.
>Slide is Clouds
"Based off of Joker's ability to slide under lasers in Persona 5. Unlike similar moves like Cloud's and Simon's, Joker's down tilt does not lose strength during the late hitboxes. Easily leads into aerial attacks until high percents."
>Side Smash is Falco's
Moves him forward as opposed to staying in one spot and also possesses different properties and power based on Arsene being around.

t. zero

Guess Ike and lucina are broken too

>paid DLC
>anime
>overpowered
>he's actually surprised by this
you'd think OP would have learned his lesson with smash 4, but no

Ok you do that

Must be a you problem, I see all the characters online, not just Joker.

based seething retard

>wins for a year straight
yep, sounds like a viable strategy to me

Why would I seethe over low quality bait? I'm not retarded, try harder next time

Up air =/= up special.

i can smell the seethe from your post louiefag

stay mad

Fuck, a diagonal spinning kick is the Dair of how many characters? Even back in Smash 64 Mario, Luigi, Fox, Kirby AND Jigglypuff had it.

This.

Personally, I'm sick and fucking tired of anime people in Smash being powerful all the time. It's really starting to feel very crowded in the roster with so much fucking anime people swinging around their generic swords around. A few more of these cunts and Smash may as well be a fucking anime fighter belonging to Arcsys or some shit.

Roll behind him lmao.

>Doesn't get the response he wants
>SEETHING YOU'RE SEETHING SEE I MADE YOU MAD!
k

So you prefer to believe that the guy is some kind of smash god to outperform every single pro player with such a great advantage? Did you even watch the games? Not even MKleo felt like he deserved to win at the end.

"Like Sheik's up aerial, the move's hitboxes are positioned high on Joker's legs, making it difficult to hit small or medium-sized fighters. However, the looping hits use the autolink angle; as a result, it can be used to drag opponents down consistently to extend combos. With Arsene, a full hop up air can KO at around 110%. Seems to resemble Joker spinning in the opening cinematic for Persona 5. "

>his counters get i-frames and is immune to grabs at the start
>mfw people start using it after their first counter fails
Wish i wasnt an online only player, this shit is hard to punish

Attached: 35221.png (679x539, 415K)

You faggots sound like the reaction video Youtubers crying about every new character being "broken".

Just let it go Marss, don't you have a Twitter to jump to and bitch about this? Lol

you literally just proved what ive been saying

stay seething retard

Why though? I don't see them winning consistently and with ease.

If a character wins a tournament, it's broken. It happens time and time again, from Ike and Wario to Olimar and Joker. It's bullshit and the narrative will change in a month like it always does

Why yes, Yea Forums primarily consists of young people who do indeed watch YouTubers and go here while ignoring the rules, why do you ask?

>So you prefer to believe that the guy is some kind of smash god to outperform every single pro player with such a great advantage?
yes, he has been the number one player for over a year now dating back into smash 4 and he has beaten everyone he faced yesterday before as well
>Did you even watch the games?
yes
>Not even MKleo felt like he deserved to win at the end.
he did an interview afterward and he seemed pretty fuckin pleased with himself if you ask me. he specifically said in that interview that joker is "top 10". not overpowered, not broken. top 10.

youtube.com/watch?v=Gk4DGIpNbWU
youtube.com/watch?v=YZOQm88bqvw
youtube.com/watch?v=QMDHAZx92vw
WHY CAN'T ANYONE STOP HIM?

Seethe for what? He is coming up soon and there is nothing you can do about it

Rent free
Paranoia
Obsessed
Secret lover

It already is, you can't say say anything without being accused of being a seething banjocuck.

Competitive e-sports are for nerds and by embracing the look MKLeo is above the other players.

Attached: CA659054-1925-4461-A686-38FB3C37B389.png (235x214, 93K)

ive never even played banjo kazooie and i really hope banjo is in just to watch the butthurt of naysayers like what happened with ridley

go to bed snoysona
buzzword meme

I did play Banjo Kazooie and I'm glad that the series managed to have more staying power than Jet Force Gemini, Klonoa, and TimeSplitters which I also loved as a kid yet see little mention of.

Attached: BanjoBoomer.png (800x500, 816K)

my joker could stomp mkleo's

DO IT

I main Main Wii Fit Trainer and Cloud.

I really enjoy limit mechanics, but Joker's really is just too much.

>WFT
>Limit makes you a little faster and hit harder with the same kit
>12 seconds

>Cloud
>Limit gives you some nice movement buffs, but you're really just fishing to bust your nut on one attack
>15 seconds

>Joker
>Entire kit is just flat-out stronger, has more range, still fast as all hell. This absolute monster where your opponents best option is to just run away.
>30 mother fucking agonizing seconds of absolute terror

And yea, WFT/Cloud have it "on demand", but it's not like Joker has to struggle to get Arsene out.

i thought if you hit him with arsene out he loses meter

He's a good player.

This isn't the case of say, literally whos using pre-nerf Bayo in 4 to sweep entire tourneys.

as a DDD player, Joker is a literal free win every time I play him. feels good

He does. People need to stop being so afraid of Arsene.

>beating joke man
>as.. dedede...
literally tell me how because this sounds like bullshit to me

Attached: 2384305982300.jpg (300x300, 12K)

Not him but press b on the guy.
Also just stand there and watch as Smash players unleash their natural instinct to kill themselves.

Attached: DededeSuffering.jpg (460x345, 38K)

He does.

Question is, do you wanna trade with him in hopes of putting arsene out when he has the advantage, or respect it and avoid him as best you can?

Pro scene looks to have chosen the "respect it" route. Maybe challenging him is the answer, but none of them had the balls to do it, so I sure as hell won't.

Sakurai doesn't care about your autistic tryharding, faggot. He's in fact so butthurt about it he made every single sequel worse in an attempt to stop it.

get him offstage and then gimp his faggot ass
alternatively, wait right under the corner of one platform and charge an fsmash into his anus

>It's another "character is suddenly OP because a pro player did well with him" episode
Didn't they air this last season?

Attached: 86C1C52B-045A-4387-A810-758BB5AF7F13.gif (200x150, 1.3M)

There was only one Joker player in combobreaker top 8 and he also played Pichu.

Joker is annoying to fight but he's not broken and comparing him to smash 4 bayo is hyperbolic as fuck.

His n-air tho, his fucking n-air and its circular hitbox. I wanted Zero to not be in Smash because he has a busted spinny slash yet now I have to deal with it through this fucker.

And wouldn't you believe it, Joker's more interesting than 80% of the roster. Wild isn't it?

>Play as Joker
>Arsene comes out
>I start whiffing 90% of my attacks like a stupid idiot
I keep getting fooled by how big Arsene is

I absolutely agree, he's a pain in the ass to fight, and I have noticeably less fun every match he's in.

This guy even has a point. Joker probably invalidates these two mid tier characters. Just like Greninja invalidates Shiek and Pichu invalidates Pikachu.

But Joker is way better than Smash4 Bayo. Although, if we see more than 2 Jokers in top 8 at Evo then there's a real fucking problem.

No different from Ridley and Corrin

We already saw multiple snakes and olimars in top 8 that one time. Can't get any worse than that.

>everyone bitching about Leo's joker
>mfw I thought he was kind of fun to watch

Attached: free-shrugs.jpg (449x642, 50K)

I all honesty, is this the most balanced Smash game to date?

yes, almost every character is viable as long as you're not mac or bowser jr

I hate dealing with him too but he only seems OP because he's relatively new, which means there's a new set of gimmicks to learn. He won't seem as good when you figure out how to counterplay him.

It's like how a lot of people thought K Rool was broken at first. Once you learn how to wait for him to miss and then punish him, he falls off the tier list.

Even Kirby?

In a sense, Kirby is Bowser Jr AND Little Mac.

>I remember everyone saying Joker was underwhelming
>now here we are

salty mines are here again

He is both underwhelming and strong, just because he doesn't bring anything new or has an interesting playstyle doesn't mean he isn't overtuned.

Marrs is that you?

I think Joker is deserving of a few minor nerfs, but he's really not overpowered at all. Just wait out Arsene if the match up is shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=muTJjHRk2C8&feature=youtu.be
You're such a fucking faggot. I unironically hope you commit suicide because you made me have to find this video just to prove you so wrong.

same here

cope

Not that guy but I want to get a switch and smash ultimate but I'm scared they'll pull a nintendo and make a switch 2 or a switch U and make my investment bad again
Is this like something I should be worried about? Like how long is smash ultimate going to be a thing until they make the next one?

just get it you mong. Even Wii U had a decent lifetime.

>just because he doesn't bring anything new
what other characters has mechanics like gun, arsene or anti air grapple ? none, and no limit is not arsene

cope

I don't think he's that overpowered, MKLeo is just really good. He wasn't gonna win that match with Kirby or anything, but he could work with any A tier character I bet. Little beaner is unstoppable, he just got too damn good at too young an age. I've been playing Smash my whole life but here I am 28 and only just now caring about playing more seriously. His reaction time and ability to read is at its peak at 18.

Fucking ZeRo won 56 tournaments in a row. Yes, sometimes someone is just better than the competition.

you know how many circular nairs there are?

That doesn't mean joker is broken. That just means his good with the character.

>put in anime character
>it's not goku
>some obscure guy only known by pedo weebs

Attached: 1555365403038.jpg (249x250, 6K)

Don't act like you know who the next DLC righter is.

Says the guy posting Leaf

R E N T F R E E

Attached: 1557244925321.png (300x300, 140K)

MKLeo today won GF in like 10 minutes, all of his first stocks against Samsora without Arsene out.

So sonic is a clone?

Attached: 623B63CC-7AB2-4D46-A271-EDB22834C715.jpg (750x683, 157K)

>leaf is 10, user. Which is illegal in Japanese laws
>Joker is 16 which is legal in Japanese laws

Attached: 298A1E61-A063-4D28-B419-E1C37153F326.jpg (382x421, 22K)

I want to strangle you fucking idiots who think a proven top player using a character makes them OP. Remember those Bayonetta players that stalled that tournament ?
They're not even playing Smash ultimate because bayonetta sucks so much that their trash ass can no longer compete.

I dont think spamming down special is that fun to watch

mkleo is the only joker on earth that doesnt use arsene as a crutch

>presses down special every single time he is on a platform to get arsene out

>greentexting as if thats contradictory to what i said
watch the sets, even without arsene leo is destroying people as if he had it. if he uses rebel guard effectively for arsene that doesnt make it a crutch because hes pretty much fine without it. use your head or learn what the word crutch means

>finally get arsene
>ungabunga kill at 70% or do 20% projectiles
its a crutch

>be mkleo
>do well without arsene
>do better with it
yep thats how the mechanic works, learn what the word crutch means before you argue about it

Is Richter any good, then?

>be mkleo
>switch to joker because his retarded mechanic is my crutch
yes a crutch

oh i get whats going on now, youre mad that leo won so youre claiming joker is broken and he got carried. your tag wouldnt happen to be marss, would it?

>be mkleo
>get carried by broken mechanics and overpowered character
>call him overpowered yourself
>not a crutch

>literally only one guy carrying him
Joker is a mistake, but you need to chill.

I can't believe you've been crying about this for four hours.

We should have gotten Door-kun as an echo.

thats alotta seething over a character my friend, have you tried learning the matchup? its been a whole month now so youve surely had time
>call him overpowered yourself
sauce this statement because twitter.com/Mkleosb/status/1135390211108737026?s=20 is quite damning for you

You're the retard for playing party games for children competitively.

>Ugh. Why does he only use one Persona? I could come up with a better moveset in minutes. Wasted slot! Sakurai is a fucking hack.

Attached: you.png (225x225, 8K)

>new character comes out and people don’t know the matchup
>lose and call the character overpowered
Maximum retard

>party games for children
>When you have characters children don't even know or are appealed by like Snake, Bayonetta, Simon or Ryu

people know the matchup since he has been considered top tier since day 1. He just has too many options to play like a faggot with the strongest counter, the strongest projectile, the strongest sprint attack and the an insane up air

Yes. I don't know why you would compare Joker to Ike anyways, Joker is midtier and requires some level of skill to use adequately, while Ike is top tier and requires no skill to use adequately.

>people know the matchup since he has been considered top tier since day 1
no he hasnt, japan wrote joker off as a mid tier and majority of folks called him high tier at best, most top players emphasized that without arsene joker is relatively weak. then leo won a tournament last week and all of a sudden joker is broken. leo wins again yesterday and people start rewriting history on what they thought his tier was claiming they always knew he was good. get fucked

>japan
japan is fucking irrelevant in smash. He has consistently been placed A or S tier in tier lists from people that are actually good. Instant reaction after release already called him too strong because his comeback mechanic is beyond broken

He's literally invincible for a good chunk of it though.

also if its so easily punished why doesnt he get punished for it in any matchup?

>japan is irrelevant
maybe if youre playing melee sure, otherwise japan has the highest average skill level of any region. now, show me these day 1 tier lists placing joker in top tier, i know you cant because they dont exist but go ahead

>otherwise japan has the highest average skill level of any region
lmao, where is this quantified? Can you bring up your source.
For release reactions just go on youtube and do "your pro player of choice" "joker" and see

you punish it when its in endlag or you 2frame it, its only invincible when rising

yeah check out shi gaming on twitch, they stream japanese tournaments. check some of the recent vods and youll see the players in a japanese pool are leagues more competent than players in american pools. now if you could give me a specific video calling joker broken or top tier thatd be nice

>conveniently ignores the part about bringing up tier lists

This. People need to stop treating Arsene like he's some unstoppable god. It's no different than Wario and his waft. Play cautiously if you have to but don't just run away.

>sprint attack

Attached: Dh3I914UYAIbVOO.jpg (981x1012, 290K)

He does. You can see him get dunked or naired several times even in matches he wins.