What do you want from Mega Man X9?

What do you want from Mega Man X9?

Attached: x_helmet_design_by_tomycase_dd3v4ts-pre.jpg (870x919, 77K)

More cute girls

X with multiple armors that he can change on the go.

Zero with combos.

Axl with strong transformations.

An armor or two for X. Axl dead or shoved aside. More Layer. More Vile. Sigma NOT the "secret" villain behind everything.

Nah, the last few X games were kinda mediocre. Give me Battle Network 7 instead.

Maybe a throwaway villain team like Bit and Byte or the X Hunters.

Attached: 27085321.jpg (1120x840, 396K)

ELF WARS
L
F

W
A
R
S

Attached: tfw no elf wars game.jpg (842x595, 632K)

Battle Network fucking ended.

And X8 was great, fite me.

my husbando to be playable

Attached: Zero Fan Art (94).png (1600x1506, 1.67M)

Nah, all of the Battle Network games were kinda mediocre. Give me Legends 3 instead.

Fuck the Zero timeline. I don't care if it gets thrown away completely.

They already kinda did with X6 and up

Who? The blonde girl with the glass tits?

For it to evolve and find a way to enter a 3d plane and not suck. I'm not paying full price for a 2d platformer in 2020+. Even if it was a good game I'm still not going to pay 60 dollars for like 12 different sides rolling platform levels unless they find a way to absolutely fill the game with content in some unforseen way. It's the same reason I didn't buy MegaMan 11.

We already got X sequels, the Zero series.

I'd welcome good 3D gameplay, but X7 was garbage and I'd take a solid 2D platformer over a repeat of that.

good taste

>fuck one of the most interesting set pieces of unexplored lore in literally all of Mega Man
Uh huh

Attached: zero emotions.jpg (1000x989, 537K)

More ALIA

3D platforming has been detached from 3D shooting for over two fucking decades, and all attempts to reconcile the two bombed.

One armor for X instead of several shitty ones. Keep that feeling of progression/increasing strength. Rework Axl's abilities entirely if he's playable. Have Zero change colors, bring back his arm canon, and have the option to one-button press his abilities in addition to command inputs.

It miscast zero. It had bad art. It suffered from a tiny screen but still forcing players to speedrun beyond their ability to see, or else oops, rank down. Also all those neat powerups you grinded for and explored the far corners of the map to get? Dump these crystals into them for hours on end, and then DON'T get to use them. What the fuck kind of trade off is that?

Zero was full of bad decisions, even if it was flashy.

RPG elements.

Really?

Attached: 1559263558752.png (447x525, 146K)

i never liked zero. blue bomber all the way baby!

>bad art
The only legitimate criticism here is that on it being too zoomed in. Everything else outed you as a major brainlet.

Attached: Mega Man Zero Collection Art 6.jpg (3965x2287, 1.15M)

>X8 was great, fite me.
i'd rather not get your shit taste all over me

cringe
this

2D gameplay, preferably with sprites.
Separate campaigns for X and Zero, preferably with levels built around their gameplay instead of compromising between the two.
No more Axl, fuck that faggot.
One armor set for X.
Return to standard collectables like heart/sub tanks instead of rescuing reploids and stupid shit like chips.
No shitty gimmick levels, especially ones with crushers or speeder bikes.
Anyone attempting to bring back metal grinding should be fired and blacklisted from the industry.
Minimal navigator chatter, if any.

>Classic>Zero>BN>Legends>X>Starforce>ZX
Fight me.

X8 was worse than X7, which was an achievement in and of itself. People thought it was better only because it went back to a 2D formula, but it was still full of atrocious design choices.

There's nothing interesting about a deus ex machina written solely to kill off the entire cast of X so Inticreates would have an excuse to have an all-new cast of supporting characters

BN>Classic>ZX>Zero>X>Starforce>Legends

Attached: 143459178304.jpg (767x1041, 85K)

I want it to be about X. I want Axl to fuck off and I want the Zero wank to end.

characters who are infinitely more developed and have actual depth, relative to fucking alia.
lol.

But MM11 was 30 dollars.

That doesn't exactly contradict anything I said

A game better than X4-X8

Not a high bar, since X4-X8 were dogshit, but I have zero faith in Capcom.

Nah, all the Legends games were just plain bad. Give me ZX3 instead.

>still controls worse than the SNES and PS1 games
>all gimmick levels
>ugly
>shit tag system
>metal
>everyone jacks off how they actually made lumine the villain and ostensibly did away with sigma finally even though they brought back vile for no reason

>It suffered from a tiny screen but still forcing players to speedrun beyond their ability to see, or else oops, rank down
X4 and up suffered from this too, without the excuse of being on a handheld. And because Zero's gameplay was far more fluid, it played better anyway.

Zero Zero is just the better character all around, too. I'll take deadpan amnesiac over emo surfer dude any day.

I mean zero is integral to the X franchise. the entire theme of the first X game is becoming like zero

>That shitty level flying around the city shooting the boss
>That waste disposal level with multiple auto scroller sections
What the FUCK were they thinking?

i'm saying it was worth the end result because characters from the X series had the depth of a piece of ikea plasterboard, so it's fine that they nuked that baggage with an event that's just enough out of reach throughout the Zero series to stay interesting but not become overbearing (elf wars).
maybe the X cast would have had a chance to gain that kind of depth if the maverick hunter X series kept going, oh well.

>forcing players to speedrun
I'm certain this meme and all related complaints about the ranking system are propagated exclusively by people so shit at actually getting good ranks that they don't know how underwhelming the EX moves are.
>you don't get to use elves
The only thing stopping you from using them is your own brain damage. Rank+EX moves and Exploration+Cyber Elves are simply two different ways to play the game.

"There was a war and everyone died" is a terrible and hackneyed premise and I'm glad we're never going to visit it in depth.

>implying you can't go interesting directions with generic sounding and "hackneyed" set ups
you really are incredible aren't you, how's that big college degree treating you?

Attached: bruh.png (224x200, 53K)

Yeah it's real hard to believe there was just suddenly a war, it's not like the entire X series was entirely wars happening all the time. You know Axl hadn't even been invented when the Zero series started, right? The only characters who just vanish are Alia, Signas, and fucking Douglas, who went on to vanish in the X series itself anyway. It's no different from X doing away with everybody in Classic, or Legends totally divorcing itself from everything else.

A Wily appearance. Hell I'd love if Zero got his own upgrade system where Holo-Wily gives him new stuff.

I don't want an X9 because of that. I want a prequel game that bridges X and Classic better.

And, realistically, that's the only possibility of a new X game happening. CAPCOM will never again release a Mega Man game that isn't a part of the Classic series.

>I want a prequel game that bridges X and Classic better.
Keep your edgy shit away from the classic series please.