Why 3D kills all the soul?

why 3D kills all the soul?

Attached: 1559355822353.jpg (1280x720, 128K)

Because you're a boomer

just because it's done incredibly poorly, 3D is often used as a shortcut to make it easier to develop

Soul is now a buzzword. The non argument equivalent to say you just like one game for nostalgia. Or just because you like it and nothing else.

soul
soulless

fuck off left looks objectively better soul or no soul. The real question is why bother remaking a 20+ year old game that looks worse than the original? Who the fuck buys this shit?

soulless people

people who didn't play the original, but know about it because of how much people talked about the game/series

but then they don't want to play some old version from before they were born on a system they never used or have, or worse, use the devil's emulation software

Because you know that the left is the developers using all their talents to make the best game they can for their era, and the right is clearly low-quality for the era

It's not so much 3D, it's the fact that there just isn't as much care and detail put into most remakes. Check out the plant growth on the door in the SNES version, compared to the complete lack of it in the remake. This isn't a fault of 3D, it's a fault of lazy art direction. Too many games these days look clinical and homogeneous.

because souls can only posses 2D corpses

Cheaply made for the sake of profit.

Sprites resemble concept art more, which has infinite more soul. 3D is just some fuck messing around in blender without any of the artistic merit.

Not sure about the 3D, but the constant crashing and butchered soundtrack didn't help. Anyone defending that game should be lined up on a wall and shot.

3D can have soul if done correctly. But why work hard when you can make a cash grab?

Attached: 466045_scr7_a.jpg (800x450, 110K)

ni no kuni is a soulless cash grab

As pointed put before, it was cheaply made, but mostly; had a bad art direction, no respect for the original artwork, etc.

If it ain't broke don't fix it. What we really could have had is a remade spritework, widescreen some quality of life improvements on gameplay, maybe some extra dungeons and PRESTO, we could have the perfect remake.

But for some reason, big companies are retarded as fuck

God that PS4 version was fucking atrocious. When you're remake not only doesn't even fix issues the original game with your partner ai and pathfinding. But creates more bugs and issues the game crashes relentlessly often, I stopped counting after 15. The most common error was problems writing memory address and I have no proof but this I believe it was developed for ARM and they never bother to recompile their code for anything else.

Wow, that looks like ass.

>now
"Soul" and "soulless" have always been buzzwords. They're used precisely because they're meaningless and therefore impossible to argue against.

But user, it has more soul than your entire life.

Attached: ni_no_kuni_wrath_of_the_white_witch_screenshot_03.jpg (1280x720, 300K)

>drippy
please don't post screenshots where he's visible, this is extremely triggering and brings back terrible handholding memories

This. Old 3D games have more soul than old 2D games.

I dare you to start a thread in /vr/ saying that.

This

All boomers should be gassed out, same for zoomers and every retards who uses that kind of dumb surnames

Attached: le video game soul meme.png (1080x600, 18K)

Zoomer showing sour grapes by knowing he missed out on the golden age. Lay in your bed and seethe.

Because they just slapped 3D graphics on a 2D designed game.

high-tier c. 1993 pixel art vs low-budget mobile 3d

but there are a lot of new tittles that i love

what the fuck does soul even mean in cases like these

you soul/soulless people are confusing as fuck because nothing ever makes sense, all I've figured out is that soulless stuff looks aesthetically pleasing and soulful stuff looks like hot garbage

>posting blurry low res screenshots to make the remake look bad
bad bait

Attached: EE93467B79BEFDCDB498B1EC78A0900F97CB8BA2[1].jpg (2560x1440, 778K)

Its just a literal handheld game ported to PC, it will look good and bad at the same time.
I just hate it because they removed the Dark Star music.

It's like playing telephone. The original was made with clear intent with a concise vision and the 3d remake is made with what the new developer "heard" from the original developer with their own beliefs about x superimposed over the "echo" instead of repackaging of the original. Typically this manifests as "We want the X audience" or "attempting to reach a wider audience".

The result is a final product that is usually unpalatable to fans of the original intent while the wider audience has no baseline or expectation to compare what is presented to them so they accept it as is without knowing what was.

Imagine being told that you are going to be treated to a delicious meal and being presented with a cold ham and cheese sandwich. If you've eaten any food at all more delicious than a cold ham and cheese sandwich, the ham and cheese sandwich is okay at best and disgusting at worst.

If you've only ever eaten cold ham and cheese sandwiches, you are excited that you are being given a cold ham and cheese sandwich with no expectation or knowledge of something greater.

Attached: x0kh8xfsf0oy.jpg (1920x1080, 123K)

How is it a "handheld" game? Because it doesn't have a grimdark and realistic art style? You aren't making much sense.

>I just hate it because they removed the Dark Star music.
Okay, it's just autism then.

>original intent
that was completely missing in Secret of Mana on the SNES too lmao