Is Yea Forums the dumbest board on Yea Forums?

Is Yea Forums the dumbest board on Yea Forums?

Attached: 1500683782955.jpg (636x714, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jK6UNW9SZqU&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>#1 normie board
yes

>thinking portals transfer momentum
Yes, I do think Yea Forums is pretty fucking retarded

>normie

Yeah, because you're here, OP.

Attached: 1557608710584.png (1618x1332, 24K)

You have to go back

>intpee poo poo horoscope

Can Yea Forums stop making this thread?

Attached: 1558293109231.png (540x504, 153K)

There's zero momentum in the box, and the platform will absorb the force of the machine, so its A

>zero momentum

He're we go again.

>acting like portals can move
Haha good one

Box enters portal with some displacement per time, velocity, and so exits portal with some displacement per time. It doesn't matter which is moving provided that the portal is able to move. The other option simply isn't reconcilable with reality - the rate at which the box enters must differ from the rate at which it exists or it must discontinuously change velocity upon completely exiting the portal.

Anyone who says A has never even taken basic calculus.

Reminder B is impossible since the platform is not there

It cannot go flying since it is stationary

Get out of here Thad

This is loss, isn't it?

The portal is moving. The box is not.

not when /pol/ exists as a literal retard containment board

/tv is a lot dumber.
Nothing but sneed posting, dubs threads, and got.

easiest way to dunk on all A retards is to make the stationary platform small enough to fit through the orange portal

Would the portal be different than an open door frame?

The box enters the portal at some rate. Which is moving does not change that, as I said. Go take a calculus class.

Attached: 1552495433751.jpg (443x293, 34K)

>Nothing but sneed posting,
based
>dubs threads
double bassed
>and got.
Fair point. Yea Forums is one of my favorite boards, but every time I've tried to visit it since the new season of GoT started I have to hide pretty much the entire catalog. It's worse than Yea Forums during a smash reveal.

Attached: tvs catalog.webm (1920x1080, 2.85M)

>moves equal distance
>what is air resistance

>He doesn't know momentum is relative.
If an object at rest stays at rest, how can it also move through a doorway at the same time? Seriously, think about what you are saying. "The box won't move out the portal fast enough to shoot out since it is not moving as it is moving out the portal." Think about it this way. Yes, you can be sitting perfectly still wherever you are right now. But that is only relative to the earth. Relative to the sun, even though you are sitting down, you are still circling the sun. The portal in this question is changing frames of reference because one side is moving and one side it isn't.

Obviously portals aren't real and it's dumb to even debate this. But B is the most logically consistent with the example and the portal games. A makes more sense if the portal was a matter transporter, rather than a connector between two points in space.

Why isn't the platform flying across the other portal in B?

reminder people only say B to troll. everyone knows its not possible

convincing argument

I don't really understand your question, but if I'm understanding you correctly, it is because the platform is to big to go through the portal. But if it was small enough to go through, it would appear to be going out the other end as fast it was initially overlapped. You can also imagine it was invisible and that would help make B make more sense to you. Another way to think about it, is to imagine if the air was a colored smoke and how it would look like as the portal came down. Hell, imagine if you stacked 5 cubes on top of each other. Ask yourself how fast they would come out the other end.

I'm not trolling it just make more sense. I can understand why A seems more right at first but if you really think about it, it is the worst of the two options.

I fucking hate this place

Attached: 1455178933248.jpg (294x294, 66K)

based brainlet

The portal doesn't impart its momentum to objects dummy

>incel astrology

Attached: 1538511742717.jpg (327x476, 31K)

And do you know this? They have never been depicted moving.

if I put a cube on the table, cut out an oval into a piece of cardboard, then slam that piece of cardboard onto the table with the cube going through the hole it isn't going to fling the box into the air, so why the fuck would it if it managed to go through a portal at an angle?

Portals can't be placed on moving platforms or objects you fucking RETARDS. Play the god damn shitty game

Attached: 1558621986625.jpg (500x398, 30K)

Is one side of your cardboard cutout fixed in space while the other isn't, genius?

>Not accounting for the massive cylinder of air being forced through the portal

Attached: 1500683782955__01.jpg (636x714, 80K)

Because there is no such thing as a piece of cardboard that is moving on one side and not moving on the other.

The example you gave is not what is happening In the picture. Bot ends of the cardboard are moving and overlapping at the same rate as they move past the cube you put on the table. Does the fact that you say that a cube that is not moving, happens to be moving outside of blue portal seem contradictory?

going with B solely because newton is a disgusting anglo

Attached: Solved.jpg (724x361, 35K)

Neither, portals cant stay on moving surfaces retard

The box goes through at the same speed both times but had 2 different outcomes?

Look harder.

based retards
>b-but it's moving paralle-
the moon

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1152x720, 58K)

based and truthpilled

Dumbass lol. The portal displaces the box instantaneous, essentially there is no displacement. Derivative of 0 is 0.

are portal different than just holes?

Attached: 1559536943480.jpg (636x714, 160K)

They're just holes.

Man, plopfags really did fail highschool physics, didn't they?
t. year 3 physics major

A if it's on earth, b if it's in space

>displaces the box instantaneous
Except it doesn't. It is established that objects can exist partially on each side of a portal.

That's pretty sexist of you.

Attached: 1504496503284.jpg (650x482, 53K)

> the hoop argument
an approximation of a hoop would be a plate with a portal on either side of it. Both portals are moving and their relative velocity is 0. See the difference?

never thought about it like this but yea id agree

Attached: really gives the noggin a joggin.webm (853x480, 2.88M)

>He doesn't know momentum is relative.
Momentum is not relative you dumb fuck.

Unless the portals exist in a vacuum chamber, unsatiatable pressure differentials quickly create a growing hurricane. The planet would rip apart in 24 hours.

why would the placement of the portals change how the box reacts though?

Attached: portals.webm (400x300, 2.99M)

Portals are not just holes because a hole does not modify potential energy of an object, however if you place a portal directly above and below you you have you just been given infinite potential energy. Portals do impart kinetic energy depending on how they are structured relative to the object's frame of reference.

>we're still talking about this shit 7 years later

Attached: 1469598969465.png (832x868, 371K)

That picture is a completely different scenario from OP's picture. Portals that are stationary on both ends are obviously just a hole that connects two places in space. A portal that is moving on one end and not moving on the other end is no longer a hole, but something completely different.

It really is, buddy. Humans knew that in the 16th fucking century, under the Galilei Transform

Yea Forums and /pol/ are of comparable bloated size with a significant crossover and the highest concentration of phoneposting retards. i'd say they're tied for dumbest boards.

Momentum is the product of mass and velocity. Velocity is relative. Momentum is relative. This violates no physical laws because momentum is conserved within any particular frame of reference but is not necessarily the same across different frames of reference.

Take a physics class.

You guys know portals aren't real right?

Portals are not teleporters retard, what you are saying is more of a "beam me up Scotty situation."

I see nothing besides the contradiction.
I'm not sure what you're talking about, but the box doesn't teleport to the other side in 1 piece at 1 moment.
In this case the hole stops moving, if the hole where to end somewhere else, like a portal, the box would keep it's relative velocity to the 'inside' of the hole. The entrance is moving but the exit isn't, relative to the box.
That literally doesn't matter, how about in a pool or on the Mars?

based theoretical genius intp
cringe engineer intj with no brain

Why wouldn't they? You can't strawman with a literally different setup (portals with no relative velocity vs. portals that are non stationary relative to each other), you are literally dodging the crux of the argument

/mlp/ is legitimately the dumbest board.

The cube doesn't travel any distance, but the distance travels towards the cube.

So A.

t: verified MENSA member

If it was B. then most of the puzzles in the fucking games wouldn't work.

>INT
What a shitty personality type.
This.

Attached: bd8.png (1190x906, 178K)

>I see nothing besides the contradiction.
Ok.

Look at the speed lines to see what platform is moving on A and B. A is the top portaled platform moving downwards, B is the bottom platform with the cube on top of it moving upwards.

Wow, who would've thought that a human that weighs more than a cube would travel a shorter distance

more like t. art major

The human is not moving. And there are puzzles that require catapulting yourself through portals.

It's the perfect combination of troll physics and fictional principles that cannot be tested.

Attached: portal question.jpg (700x4989, 649K)

No, that's /sci/

Portals must transfer momentum or else there would be no momentum attributed to objects on the other side and therefore no force making them move away from the portal on the far side. Imagine pushing a block you're holding through the portal, what happens? It keeps moving through, or else the portal simply wouldn't work.

/pol/ probably is desu.

This was the latest video they posted
youtube.com/watch?v=jK6UNW9SZqU&feature=youtu.be

The cube is both moving and not moving at the same time. It's a paradox.

only intelligent post itt

PORTALS CANNOT BE SPAWNED ON OBJECTS THAT ARE FACING IN THE DIRECTION THEY ARE MOVING
Also it'd be A you fucking idiot, you can literally test this in the game itself.

>lol it's impossible
Why is that beyond suspension of disbelief and not that portals exist in the first place?
Says who, your mom?

The portal has momentum which is stopped when it collides with the surface beneath the box
The box has no momentum
Thus A is the correct scenario
If a door flies by such that it passes over you, you are not gaining its momentum
If you fly through a door, you will continue to do so
Same scenario

In Portal 1 there is a section where Glados moves a surface forward, you cannot put a portal on it while in motion.
HOWEVER, you can put a portal on platforms in motion if they arent moving in the same direction I.E the laser part in Portal 2

Take a physics class.

Why would the box move, sweetie?