UNIST Thread

Beyond sleep

Attached: D7tqF_fVsAAZJNi.jpg orig.jpg (767x662, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/hlpgk
challonge.com/tournaments/signup/6pM56gPanP
youtu.be/3MERLiTvUtk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pass is vee
I forgot Sion even had a birthday. Wonder when Auf Ausche finally comes to PC so Akat can get his art update. I never did like how her mouth was looking in the chara select art.

Attached: 19eltbirth.png (1500x750, 1.21M)

pclobby is up
I've been taking a break since CB so please refrain from too much bullying

Attached: 1505766729397.jpg (480x696, 27K)

ah shit haven't played in like a week, hopefully im not gonna get fucked too hard

Attached: 1555519542717.png (1520x1152, 2.22M)

Can't always set up that 66B/C guessing game, clawz. You gotta mix it up, especially if they have meter

why are unibros so based
streamable.com/hlpgk

Attached: 1559194420552.png (2500x2524, 2.4M)

please delete that trash from this thread

I went for the B the second time hoping the meaty would stuff gord's ex grab but turns out it's invuln anyway

I had CS both times I think

Ah shit I remembered at the very end

Attached: 1554593690859.png (491x402, 138K)

menacing walk up and grab will happen

Attached: 1557623999304.jpg (512x512, 38K)

I don't know about you guys but after having so much fun with Kat in granblue during the beta I've decided to pick up Orie. I need a rapier girl to play as untill GBV comes out.

I'm not sure what your FF counts as in the "if I shield that jump in it's my turn" thing but you should try to keep your aerial approach options more ambiguous too.
All it takes is for me to shield a jump in to punish you, maybe have a fireball already on deck to cover yourself.

My thumbs have been reduced to goo~
If only I had inputs like Enkidu~
Maybe the I could do 4-2~
The night grind rages oooon~

Oh yeah, and CS > 623C stuff, you coulda clipped me there.
Least you got one 236C on me

I love Gord's walk cycle.

Attached: gordy walk.gif (500x529, 390K)

Get used to looking for grabs if you see someone green shield that j2C by the way, clawz
You actually have enough time to walk up to them and grd break them, it's that plus

Dont know if whoever got my code is here tonight, but just in case how was granblue and more importantly was the potato fun to play?

Attached: 1510657481620.png (361x476, 339K)

Yet again into the corner I go
Even my blocking starts to blow
And now everyone's mastered Gordeau
The night grind rages oooon

Pretty busy for a Sunday night eh?

Do you like playing E. Honda plus Akuma? Charlotta is pretty great.

Not the code person but it felt like SF-lite, which can be fun but hopefully they let you do more than just auto-combo with the normals. Maybe make it more like UNIEL that has only the L attack be the smart steer.

Charlotta was like Honda/Blanka for sure.

>E Honda + Akuma

Attached: 1559108311626.jpg (537x534, 75K)

Do you think it's a fun or worthwhile game on its own or is it more for granboob fans only?

>honda + akuma
Fuck I should have taken the days off then

Attached: 1469683516306.gif (209x193, 158K)

Is this really gordnite? Do I have to bring out my scrubby ass Gord now.

Not even a Granblue fan and I appreciate the slower-paced nuance to it compared to anime fighters.

I generally enjoyed how each character had their own way of approaching matchups alongside having an option for dodging around an opponent or dodging in place.

I know how you feel. My longest combo is probably GRIM REAPAH > CS> GRIM REAPAH.

>I appreciate the slower-paced nuance to it compared to anime fighters
that can be said of any non-anime fighter really, which is what GBFV should be compared to despite having the Xrd graphics
I don't care for gacha but I had a lot of fun with the beta over the weekend. maybe not enough to buy it full price at release but I'll probably pick it up on sale at some point, and while it's doesn't really fit the usual anime fighter niche it's still got a few ArcSys features that make it kind of a middle ground between them and SF-style fighters which is nice.

>want to try Vatista but never played a charge character before
Fuck, it's like trying to rewire your brain.

Attached: 1f452c4d9ca4b11bf78a6e9e23a14364.png (789x800, 762K)

I don't feel that bad for losing that because I got to stride back so nonchalantly.

Look at the basketballing on sei here

Attached: 1553744897698.png (600x800, 299K)

I love me some worm combos.

RIP Barkley 2.

Saw it coming a mile away but still a damn shame

It's a damn fucking shame
I saw merk having a midscreen one, damn nice to see a corner one too

Attached: Barkley Turkey.png (723x129, 25K)

Gotta win with the late birthday girl tonight.

Attached: Gun Mechanics.jpg (1600x1200, 601K)

Any beginners in here tonight?

Which lobby?

Are there any in the ps4 lobby?

ggs pc lobby, got work tomorrow so its bed time

Attached: 1555957924692.jpg (490x950, 118K)

ggs bro

While i wouldn't call them beginners by any stretch of the means, there are people who you'll likely be able to get in hits against.

Any PC lobby tonight? I'd love to play some dudes without a pointless ranked win % adding unnecessary frustration and making it a bad time when it shouldn't.

I'm playing vatista here

Oh noWell, a calm Sunday evening before bed doesn't sound bad either.

GGs bro.

Started playing again, wasn't there a pastebin/google doc with a ton of guides? I can't find it.

Attached: 1535990995534.jpg (1000x718, 141K)

>all those throws coming in
Nice haha. I'll probably be mince meat once you get the conversion down pat.

pass is pclobby

Fuuuck I wanted to fight Clawz.

The primer? It should pop up if you just google it

>Full PSN lobby

Attached: Elt with a Gun.jpg (198x196, 39K)

Put yourself on pass for a bit

god damn I went to take a piss at the worst possible time

Pretty crazy considering Sundays are usually slow but it is the start of Summer.

Rev up that 2nd lobby

I would, but I might not stay for too long.

Hey guys, any wc players playing right now?

I'll hop on if somebody starts one as I'm not sure if my plans are still ago for later or will fall through. Would make one myself if not for the aforementioned plans.

Also, even if you're new, I'd still suggest you come have some fun on the 20th of July
challonge.com/tournaments/signup/6pM56gPanP

Attached: DuD_TeQVsAAq0i0.jpg orig.jpg (460x364, 31K)

There are at least 2 of us on PS I think.

I would describe myself as a beginner.

Take note of phrumpf if you aren't already, clawz.
He's our nanase before you came along

Attached: 50634624_p9.jpg (320x320, 139K)

Cool, I may hop in for a bit then. I haven't played in a while now but I'm feeling like pushing some buttons.

It is with busted thumbs and a heavy heart that I leave you today. Perhaps my space may go to one more deserving. Good couple of games, and what is that clawmark shit Gordeau is pulling? That sucks.

Gord FF is -1 and shits all over projectiles

Attached: GordFF.png (1146x457, 251K)

maybe not today. Im a bit tipsy. I just came to check out clawz so thats ggs for me

Attached: D62HO1tUcAA2dnm.png (512x512, 115K)

Well I signed up
What's the worst that could happen

That kidnap goes way farther than I remember

It'll be 1am by the time my turn rolls around again so I'm gonna dip here PC lobby. Fun times.
Doing charge partitions is way harder in a match that in a training. I can't get them out unless I direct all my attention to the timing. Really drills home how good the top vats are.

Attached: 1530776377594.jpg (2560x1810, 664K)

closing the PC lobby after my next games, pretty tired tonight
lolb, sorry to let you down but I didn't even end up playing a Yuzu in bracket at CB, but at least our games have helped me maintain a pretty dominant record over the local Yuzu
good to see I'm just as consistent as ever at dropping game winning combos though

Attached: 1512473132406.png (600x476, 320K)

Be sure to show up next time

I keep fucking up my 236 input.

GGs. I'll probably head out after my set is done too as I actually fell asleep waiting and nearly missed my turn.

gg pc bros

ggs. A bit too tired tonight to stick around.
Shits all over people trying to pull air shenanigans from far away too. It's great.

Unfortunately I only got 1 in me since I've gotta gym up after this. Let's make it count.

ggs pc lobby

Attached: DeHZB9XVMAAqpGN.jpg (480x480, 24K)

GGs. I need to work on my pressure some more

Attached: 1529911559625.png (1920x1080, 727K)

Attached: 70fb0401a741ca3db706779d81b7679f37a9e012d3e2c3e897e41c0166bef706.png (512x591, 277K)

youtu.be/3MERLiTvUtk

Work with me tonight, connection...

>Booted
I'll take that as a "no", then.

>Dash and I will never be able to fight or have a constant connection in the same lobby
You feel it, don't you?

GGs

Here's hoping for better netcode in uniclr.

Attached: laughsinarcsys.jpg (750x400, 65K)

Do new versions of anime fighters ever come with netcode improvements?

hahaha yeah french bread's just gonna put on their Better Netcode Glovesâ„¢ and write in some better netcode for uniCLR and all our woes will be a thing of the past haha

ha.....

Attached: 1534232500843.png (476x323, 159K)

Well that was a fun way to end that one.

GGs for now PS Lobby 1. Hopefully I'll be back before it's over!

Attached: 1554367677791.gif (500x500, 59K)

Probably not.

My hope will burn as bright as the flames I'll one day scorch Icy with. PS: fug yuzu

based based based

I'm keeping it realistic and just praying that we get better lobby features.

There's a second lobby up?

What if French Bread magically learns English and reaches out to the guys who developed CCCaster?

Man, I just wanna be able to fight everyone instead of only certain people and get disconnected from the rest.
That's not too much to ask for, r-right?

Attached: EltBurrito.jpg (882x642, 139K)

So much for invuln framing my way through EX fireball

after the bitchfit they threw about UNI getting modded I highly, HIGHLY doubt they'd acknowledge CCCaster's superiority

Depends if you yelled at your provider or not

Nah fuck you Wagner man, why don't we settle this in the ring?

Vatista is just a dark sakura ripoff

Attached: 8ed04fd4c0b962073a46b6d2b6e5dee0.png (1000x1009, 1.12M)

>baited the reversal but didn't actually do anything to counter it being a command grab
Next time...

Attached: 1425176592471.png (637x451, 116K)

Oh, that actually connected

>D/C from lobby again
>Everyone except Lamp is at 1 bar
Jesus fucking Christ, I'm about to move somewhere that doesn't have only one service provider. Shitty ass monopoly.

Attached: Door-Kun.png (814x487, 101K)

Choose one:
>Lobbies can now have multiple matches going on at once but the lobbies become twice as unstable as they are now
>The new characters released will be balanced and fun to use with no significant advantages or disadvantages in any matchup, and Phonon's 2A will be 6f
>Text chat becomes available and there will be an option to turn on NICONICO-style comments during the middle of the fight, and in return the square / color ranking system disappears forever and the algorithm for finding appropriately skilled matches improves dramatically.

2 is the only real choice here, none of the options even fix the netcode.

Does the size of lobbies currently affect stability?
Maybe we really would be better off making multiple smaller lobbies per night.

3 sounds the funniest, while 2 is actually gameplay based. I can't pick.

Getting in is hard. Doesn't help that I have almost no experience against Vatista.

Bring it. Like a phoenix, I shall rise from the ashes(and this trash connection) until I win.

>Endless (´・ω・`) when you choke

Two is far and away the best but Nico comments would be pretty funny.

could've just said
>Endless (´・ω・`)

Attached: 1535133241121.png (900x700, 525K)

It just keeps happening.

I'm in the same exact spot. I'm just going to ask for games in discord I guess.

What region are you in?

>Get GRD broken
>Six streams of wwwwwww fly across the screen

Attached: 1522536855486.png (373x373, 316K)

did they even throw a bitchfit? as far as I remember, they just said "please don't do this" while twitter trannies actually threw a bitchfit towards anyone modding the game

AFAIK, they just said "please don't" and then the rest of twitter had a war with each other.

This game hates me...

You were at 0 bar, left, and then came back with 3

I think it's just maximum incompatibility between your connection and mine

Is there a way to stop spectating others?

Maybe I should just go to ranked or something. Trying to maneuver around Razz and Lamp on top of randomly getting booted is kinda hard.

I can only get three bars with wc players here. To be honest I think I'll just stick to discord, it's extremely annoying to play in these lobbies when I need to leave it to luck to play someone I have a decent connection with.

Ranked is a whole different hell of terrible connections and wifi warriors...

I don't even know what Seth is gonna do next to be quite honest.

Attached: BANG.jpg (1360x1344, 171K)

I don't mind making a separate west coast lobby if you want

Attached: 1553731050257.png (960x720, 708K)

I could join for a bit if you want to fight some WC people.

It's weird because the rest of the WC crew seem to play with others pretty fine.

It's up

Oh Seth also has a command grab

Attached: 1556695960165.png (621x768, 383K)

>Seth disappears
>0.002 seconds later
>he's behind me and I'm already grabbed
Bros...

I'm quickly realizing just how little Mika matchup experience I have

those corner crossups he can do with his teleports get me every time

I've been practicing that instead of j214B set-ups

>very good damage he can confirm off the most awkward hit due to blink realigning him in combos
>actual left/right mixups
>a 5 frame, throw invul command grab
>some of the most busted frame data and hitboxes in the business
>the strongest special in the game with orb, which is a huge neutral/pressure threat, starts combos, and sets up unblockables

seth is actually ridiculous and it only gets worse the more you learn what he can do. the only thing holding him back is he explodes with his teensy health and that he doesnt have big fuck you space control like yuzu/vat/merk.

Attached: Sd-seth.png (800x1440, 245K)

>Don't know when to do 623B since Seth is always changing sides
He's so fun to watch yet so fucking hard to try to learn.

I'm so glad there's a wald, what was that attack you started the second round with? I tried looking it up a few weeks ago when I played against one but couldn't find it.

A dash attack?

The first barrier is the fast-fall kick
Then it's a long way from the j2C optimization barrier that I'm stuck on

If that's you Hippie, I literally can't do his 4-1 even after hours of trying.

Attached: eltnam.png (700x832, 192K)

That's 66B. It's the fast long-ranged slash that moves him forward.

I need to stop staying so close on wake-up.

Thank you so much, you have no idea how long it ate my brain trying to guess what was it and how fast it was.

I fucked around with Seth for around a month before I could put a dent in his 4-x missions.
Granted, 4-2 was the one that stumped me but the 66C confirm is something that took me a long while to get, especially the 66B (one hit) part

>day 2 of yuzu lab
>manage to clear in like 45mins after beating head against 4-1 yesterday
had to change finger placement on pad but its starting to click, think im gonna make it lads

Attached: 2019-06-02 02-15-48.webm (720x404, 999K)

Don't you just hate it when you accidentally DP instead of some other motion you were trying to do?

>had to change finger placement on pad
Should have done that to start

How the hell do I overcome the fast-fall into blah blah first?

it still trips me up sometimes when I try to dash into a 236x and get a DP instead because I didn't dash long enough

>Oh, he's doing that charge command grab. I should shield this

My run up fireballs become run up DPs
If I get way too used to shielding, I end up doing raw IW from a screen away in an attempt to assault after I shielded something

Gotta love that hitstop

Attached: 1550327282146.webm (640x360, 1.39M)

Good lord, he's all over the place. High, low, left, right, orbs, grabs, teleports, speed.

After you input 22, keep holding the whichever button you used to 214x with and press forward.

Gonna let you guys fight it out once or twice before I let you guys play around with that 2nd lobby. Tiredness is getting to me now

Attached: BUxXQS3CMAAYHqs.jpg orig.jpg (1400x1050, 103K)

So why can't I shield nana's swordcar overhead? Second time this has happened.

Are you crouching?

You should be able to reflect Wald's rocks he throws at you with shield in UNICLR.

Attached: Sions.png (600x650, 365K)

Give Wald a break, you can block those in the air.

Did you whiff low shield first?

See her jump after swordcar, stood and shielded. Got grid broken for it.

Just fuzzy it. TRy it in training mode, if you can react to the animation you can block it without guessing.

GGs in lobby 1.

Attached: D7RR3RSVsAAJjSM.jpg orig.jpg (2150x3035, 402K)

Wait, maybe I'm mistaken, do you mean 66 b/c or a follow up to another special?

I'm pretty sure Nanase can only do highs and mids for the swordcar followup

Yeah, my bad.

Oh right, Mika can just repeatedly go left and right during that EX version.

GGs

It sounds like it should work, but unless you really need the GRD that instant blocking is probably a better option than shielding since it's already unsafe on regular block.
Correct you should just block swordcars/followups standing because as far as I know there's no tricky was to go into a low quickly.

Attached: 1556185923729.jpg (850x1800, 129K)

So in training, I can shield it no problem. Even shielding swordcar lets you shield the overhead. Greenshielding as well. So I dunno what happened in the match.

could just be the delay fucking with your timing

Man, Mika is going to be one character that I won't understand what's going on unless I use her.

Thanks for the games lobby 2. It's been so long since the last time I managed to play more than 5 minutes. ggs.

Probably that, yeah.

>blocking is probably a better option
Yeah, I'm just trying to incorporate shielding into my matches. I really suck at using it.

Attached: wafflenasdjnasdsdsdfsdffgfdgdfg.png (1000x1000, 548K)

Always start with shielding stuff at the end of strings or specials you know that won't have a chance at mixing you up. And avoid overly zealous shielding if the opponent has vorpal

Attached: pancake3444.png (255x243, 77K)

Hi sploogie, you can drop the act

yeah holding it like stick buttons made the shift stuff a lot more manageable. whats the other recommended for her asidef rom 4-1 and 4-2?

Is that my buddy pancake Seth!

Ahhhhhh god dammit, I thought that was going to be the reversal throw and I jumped on instinct when I saw the superflash ;_;

You know it. Is there a pc lobby up?

Attached: pancake5.png (255x243, 81K)

The other midscreen combos aside from the VO one are all fairly similar to 4-1, so you can work on those. The throw combo you can make easier by adding in 2C at the start by the way

The corner combo is pretty hard, and there's easier versions of it, so if you want, you can leave that one be for now and jump right into playing. As long as you have 4-1 and 4-2 down, you're good to go in my opinion

>lobby 2 up
Whew, and here I thought I'd miss my chance to play some more, thanks!

Also, I'll have to prepare a Gord for if there is ever a Gord night int he future.

Thanks for the games. Chaos has been looking fun since I saw Trill at cb so I've been wanting to give him a try.

At first I was prepared to eat a combo since you were walking back when I used it. Got kinda lucky there.

Trill also made want to start playing Chaos so I know what you mean.

Good timing. As you can see, I'm about to lose my purple soon

Is that just 5C when you land following the string from 236B there Bastadon to keep them in the air?

Looks neat.

aite, thanks for the heads up. i got this copy off a back of a digital truck so no online yet, i'll probs join some pc lobbies once i scrape some cash together

It sure looks that way, hahaha. That means I'm gonna lose my red.

>Suddenly wondered if I knew any VO enders
>Immediately CVO as I think this
whoops

Forgot that my IWEX busted my grd while attempting AA though it probably wouldn't have worked anyway. Fun match haha.

Pretty much. I think they'll recover too quickly and not be high enough with B and A.

Whew, that starting combo of yours in Round 2 was nuts there. I'm just happy that I'm able to get alittle bit of hien stuff going in my combos tonight.

Makes sense to me. Seems like something that requires a decent amount of practice to get the timing.

That last combo was pretty awesome Clawz Seems like everyone is playing pretty well tonight.

>missed IWEX
I know that feel broski

I wonder if EX counter would've beat that throw, probably not haha.

Getting tired so I'll close the lobby at 1:45

Sounds good. Thanks for keeping it up til now!

Thanks for the matches. I'm starting to pass out so I'll stop here.
Hopefully soon I'll have a somewhat decent Chaos to play around with here too.

Attached: 1552792976910.jpg (1594x1448, 340K)

GGs m8. See ya next time and have a good night!

My purple is safe! until tomorrow at least

Thanks for kicking my ass. ggs

Oh man that scaling at the end of round 1. It did not want you to take the round off that combo.

You know what, I'm having fun watching so let's just go until 2

Sometimes that's just the way some games roll and you have to make the sacrifice play.

That rope man, hahaha.

Also these have been pretty fun matches. Thanks for keeping it open longer Lamp. Everyone here has been upping their execution and mix-up game recently. Great stuff.

ggs everyone

It is way too late to be playing Eltnum. GGs

Attached: Ai yi.png (237x292, 165K)

Whew, what a game to end it on. I could feel the tension as a spectator.

GGs everybody! Til next time!

Attached: 1554707531609.png (256x256, 86K)

GGs everyone

Too bad theres some massive tranny fag in the discord that looks like a fucking monster and sounds like any random dude. Faggot makes me not want to play hilda.

Wish my internet wasn't trash so I could play with y'all again