XIV changes

If there's one positive that's coming from the astrologian changes in shadowbringers, it is that AST's will no longer give red mages arrows simply because they're casters while giving other jobs all the balances simply because they're not with no regard for how much DPS individual players are actually doing. Thank you based squeenix for fixing this so it will never happen again.

Attached: red_mage___ffxiv_by_andonoz_dbek392-fullview.jpg (1024x724, 109K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=17Jq0QqK4k0
youtu.be/Lb44K-nzZys?t=360
exhentai.org/g/1081046/c8f42cd719/
gamerescape.com/category/ffxiv/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That is the worst FFXIV fanart I've ever seen.

>no more enhanced arrow blm

Attached: 1405823587000.png (299x322, 159K)

I've seen worse

All the AST in my groups gave arrow to the SMN or BLM if they were in a party instead of redmage

>dungeons look like they'll be more engaging
>gunblade and dancer look phenomenal
>scions are the main adventuring party which means they'll get a limelight they sorely needed
>get to learn more about the warriors of darkness, and more literally seeing things from their perspective by becoming a warrior of darkness
>get to play through the first, which seems to be totally themed around classical final fantasy games with shit like elves and dwarves (even if they're elezen and lalafell with different names)
>a lot of stormblood jobs felt "finalized" in terms of gameplay and shadowbringers is primarily building off of stormblood's job-designs as a basis
>faggots who beeline to endgame raids and then complain about being confused by the raid storylines are worried about the raid-buff dps meta being nerfed
Can't wait.

Attached: 1545479166013.jpg (400x400, 14K)

I can post some worse art but I don't feel like getting banned

I just want lots of juicy 1.0 fanservice

I never gave Arrow to a SMN since there's a lot of insta-casting they do. Enhanced arrow was guaranteed to fuck up a BLM rotation though and it was magical. But my only other option was to give it to a healer or a RDM.

You haven't seen shit dude.

>Enhanced arrow was guaranteed to fuck up a BLM rotation though and it was magical.
It was a temporary trip-up as my cast-times suddenly decreased but then my boner would grow three sizes that day.

Attached: 1547895794354.png (400x400, 178K)

Not anymore it's not.

Attached: wind up y'shotla 5.0.jpg (811x640, 66K)

The ONLY thing in ShB that I don't care for is the 24 man Nier shit. I want my FF fanservice, I don't care about Nier. Nobody else cared about Nier until 2B's ass either.

When did you realize she was a Dwarf and not a potato?

Attached: NrMHFQE.jpg (3015x2401, 1.02M)

I like it. It's got soul.

holy shit, saved

Only when they directly revealed dwarves were just lalafell with beards in the liveletter stuff way back.

primal or aether?

This Dwarf has an insatiable craving for Hume dick that cannot be quenched.

Attached: 021788e39b83651f66a187c7d57d7dc3.jpg (480x513, 40K)

is the trial roulette the hardest content this game has to offer
the amount of retardation i keep finding is astounding

crystal

aether is congested now. imagine what'll it be like for ea

Attached: 5fwe0wor61231.png (383x432, 18K)

Where's her FUCKING BEARD

>is the trial roulette the hardest content this game has to offer
lol no. not even close. There are extreme trials which aren't even in the roulettes and even that is only the third hardest content

content difficulty goes like this from hardest to easiest

>Ultimate
>Savage
>Extreme
>24 man alliance raids
>normal raids
>normal trials
>dungeons

It fucks up the BLM for a second. Any BLM with his Enochian would take full advantage of the arrow.

>main healers since 2.0
>decide to gear up a melee dps
>watching the amount of healers that constantly fuck up and die
>can't do anything to save the group

I might have to go red mage or summoner.

Attached: 1550709843482.jpg (668x960, 137K)

>Malboro is full
>also has the New Player bonus

Attached: 1557335620995.png (72x88, 9K)

Former Malboro player here. The server is shit. Extremely dead during the day and only active at night. Littered with casual scum left and right. Don't do it.

I had a healer in the sunken temple normal mode who hardly healed and never casted protect. If I wasn't a SMN there would be no raises or heals it was awful.

>I might have to go red mage or summoner.
Sounds good at first but you'll get sick of saving the party from a wipe while simultaneously doing the most damage in the group and still getting zero commends.

Expansion isn't even out yet and the best part has already passed - all the raid trannies seething about parses getting absolutely buttfucked by things like Dancer.

Attached: 1559189477271.jpg (540x568, 85K)

i was referring to player incompetence on normal trials but thanks for the laugh

Attached: 1318994247778.jpg (294x294, 51K)

The best is yet to come, because nothing will compare to everyone getting to experience it hands-on, try to salvage the old meta, and realize it's just not mathematically viable to try and do things the old way.

Why would anyone spend any money on any cash shop mount other than the carbunble?

Which one do you recommend?

Why would you use any mount other than your loyal chocobo

I like machines.

Don’t forget people will ALWAYS find a way to die during your melee combo which is going to have another spell added to it in shadowbringers and immediately start bitching that you didn’t pick them up

Is buying the cash shop items from third party sellers safe and reliable?

Because I like cute things and my chocobo is cute, but pegasus is also cute.

I always get commends when I play SMN

Because I really fucking hate the summon whistle sound
That's literally the only reason

What are some actual good mounts in this game? I got Fenrir but it's unusable because right click turning just makes it spew a wind tunnel of ice particles in your face
I'm using the fucking XV car because I actually have nothing better

>playing with sound
?

Go to new grindania and get the claw mount.

Probably none of them because of your autsim

Safe, no, not strictly speaking. You'll probably not get busted for having bought somewhere other than the Mogstation (Square Enix considers you just as guilty as the Chinese guy with a stolen credit-card you likely bought it from), but there's always the risk. Reliable is much moreso since it's just a Mogstation product-key.

Ala Mhigo dungeon's magitek predator is a fuckin' good mount, love that FF6 magitek walker

>white knights defending some bitch losing her shit because people want to copy her generic rabbit

Attached: 1505167454822.jpg (298x400, 56K)

Explain?

Attached: 1555703340905.jpg (571x809, 58K)

>tank dies from a big pull during bardams
>use elusive jump to send all the enemies to the red mage so he dies while the healer gets the tank up

Dragoon is more fun that I expected

How do you go from this...

Attached: ElKaWsX.png (1920x1080, 2.2M)

To this?

Attached: ovL52xG.png (2000x1500, 1.67M)

Share, dude, I'm bored af laying in bed and could use the entertainment

Attached: 1558458965768.jpg (1080x1080, 109K)

>someone asked if they could use some bitch's sliders for viera
>she fucking loses it, saying it feels like she's being violated having other people look like her character
>tons of white knights defending her saying its disgusting for other people to ask for sliders
>goes full block everything negative and lock on twitter
>white knights going full ham defense

Attached: haganai-4-18.jpg (1280x720, 157K)

Attached: 1553790238465.png (640x622, 63K)

It's clunky as fuck at 70
It looks like the SHB changes will help with that though

There aren't even that many combinations in the character creator anyways
XIV players need to be shot

Best part is that she routinely copies other NPC sliders

Attached: tob.png (651x1129, 491K)

Who fucking cares?

Wouldn't a polite refusal suffice?

>she

You know casters have lucid dreaming, right? he could have just sent the aggro right back to you. Also as the dragoon you have better defense so you definitely should have been the one taking the mobs

give me male viera and imperial gunblades. that is all. thank you.

>Reasonable reaction
>Faggots
Choose one.

I give you a noose and a prayer

I love being rdm and shitting out raises
did a4 yesterday and raised like 10 people and by ten I mean five

Dwarfs are potatoes though, they're just treated differently on the first.

>screencapping your own shitty reply
cringe

Look man
Theres like 26 days left before 5.0
I have everything set to gear GNB and DNC from 60 to 70
I need some shit to laugh and pass the time with

This is just one of you trying to drag Yea Forums into your fucking random twitter argument isn't it

IT HURTS
LINES+ENHANCED ARROW WAS SUCH A TREAT

>imperial gunblades
Damn straight. I want to be the grunt

Attached: garleanfootsoldier.png (1691x915, 1.2M)

you seem awfully mad about this user. its not like the sliders for the viera in this benchmark are even plentiful enough to hide what you've done with your character

and by a4 I mean the last alphascape thing

If a little hope goes a long way, how far does a lot of hope go? I don't want this expansion to suck since there won't be an MMO for me to waste my life away on if this ends up being bad.

Attached: 1558557798211.jpg (992x869, 81K)

It wasn't me who made the image, I just saved it from the last thread because I don't feel like going on twitter. Check the MD5 if you don't believe me.

t. one of her/him/it's beta orbiter

was referring to the source of the image, not you specifically

>implying i dont already have my hrothgar all ready to fantasia once 5.0 drops
Im just laughing at how hard the WKs are going mental with the defending

Attached: LD.jpg (600x463, 25K)

Something on Aether. The player base is more highly skilled. Sargantanas, most likely.

what is going to be the best way to level GNB on early access day? Are dungeon queues going to be horrible? Should I go Heaven on High until lv 67 or something like that and use roulettes for the last SB levels?

well i hope you've got another one lined up for when you get bored and fanta back

They better add helms to Viera and Hrothgar later. This whole expansion feels rushed. I am not going to get it day one. I will give it a few months while I play other shit like fire emblem and astral chain

>Aether
>The player base is more highly skilled.
LMAO

>Aether
>highly skilled
lol

did they say how the aesthetician works for Hrothgar since hair is tied to face?

Is there any chance that ninja won't have a guaranteed spot in every group?

I kind of want to play DNC but it's going to feel weird going through the story as a fucking DNC

It doesn't.

at most they'll implement compatible head pieces like hats but full helmets at least for Hrothgar are never going to happen.

t. seething c*ystal trannies.

NOOOOO GAIJIN! YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSE TO RIKE GAREANS! RIKE THE SCION INSTEAD!
GAREAN GUNBRADE NOT REAL GUNBRADE!

Attached: yoshi.png (316x331, 212K)

t. crystal 3%ers

Look man
I wanted this
Im tired of playing roe to be the giant bulk man
Highlander and au ras are just to slim

Attached: sadyos.gif (340x340, 21K)

Attached: ffxiv_06032019_000401_156.png (1280x960, 1.95M)

no don't do any of that dumbass shit. just run dungeons fag. sick of this PoTD/HoH leveling meme bullshit. Play the game.

People would have to try out different DPS groups to figure out which gives highest rdps. You just have to wait until shb is out.

>Enhanced arrow was guaranteed to fuck up a BLM rotation though
Only if they are retarded

You guys know there's more than 2 datacenters right?
t. primalchad

GNB/ PLD chads report in

Attached: gun16.jpg_orig.jpg (1500x1961, 409K)

Trick attack. You're save, lb cuck.

No, every class rotation is based around TA pretty much. As long as that fucking skill exists, NIN has a guaranteed spot.

Fuck Dancers. They're ruining the cowboy theme I'm going with for Machinists and Bards.

I can't wait to fantasia hrothgar and have tons of gay erp lion sex

Attached: male viera.jpg (540x960, 104K)

I haven't been paying attention to the news. What gear is DNC going to use?

Typhon mount is cute when he flies

Attached: 4B1DD4FB-AF2B-49F4-BF2E-B84CD3F82DC2.png (548x449, 371K)

aiming

>primal

youtube.com/watch?v=17Jq0QqK4k0

Obviously BRD/MCH gear, you don't even need news for that

>5.0 adds 15 total glamour plates
>just enough to have every job their own glamour plate
>drg and nin excluded because they dont share gear

Attached: 8963.gif (418x480, 1000K)

Aiming so if you don't go Amon you're a failure.

Attached: 7722b1b9c18df95e580386dc17421a696eee860d.jpg (640x873, 55K)

Attached: 1556263955127.jpg (1767x2500, 816K)

SHlooks so much better

Aether trannies argue over who's going to be main tank in Alliance raids rather than just doing the JP strat the way it's meant to be done.

Fuck that data center.

>Implying they wont get throwing card weapon from the golden saucer and you can be Gambit
peanut brain

I avoid Crystal like the plague, they're even worse. Both of those DCs are full of garbage players and wannabe raid rejects who are terrible at the game. You will never get a good DF/PF run on Aether or Crystal

>love the BLU 50 gear, hate the mask
>find out you can remove the mask with /visor

wooo

this picture reminds me of a copypasta i read of some trap who got fucked and screamed like a girl

based

Attached: 54684560000.jpg (900x755, 121K)

Aiming. What the fuck else could it use?

I don't want to be a card throwing fag.

So, if I optimize my healing I should be able to heal less right?

maiming, STOP HOARDING GEAR, DRGFAGOLAS

idk aiming doesn't really make any sense for DNC and I remember hearing that it might end up using something else instead

>see red mage
>they aren't in a red glamour

Attached: file.png (474x443, 200K)

It's a ranged dps dude.

Shut up, the plague bringer set is a good fucking look.

>See Summoner.
>They haven't glued a stupid unicorn dildo to their forehead.

Its been confirmed by datamining that its aiming.

I can't wait to barge into the dwarf house and pound all the not lala cunny

Just played for a couple of hours. I'm playing on the free trial. First time ever playing an MMO.

There is so much to keep track of but I think I'm slowly getting the hang of it. Made a cute catgirl and playing as an archer. Despite being the very shy and socially awkward person I am I somehow managed to make a friend. They were level 70 and stepped in and helped me with some enemies I was fighting. Then drove me around in the car from FFXV and helped me gain a few levels.

Planning on getting the full game now since I had so much fun.

Probably not unless Trick Attack is nerfed from the media tour build. NIN DPS would need to be like 80% of what a Samurai can do for Trick Attack to no longer be worth it.

I like touches like that, there's a surprising amount of artifact gear that can be customized a little bit with /visor. Shame DRG didn't get that with its AF3 but it'll get it again with AF4.

>tfw like the aesthetics of DRG but find SAM more fun

>ANOTHER catgirl
Ebin.

Attached: 1558646209139.png (918x1300, 938K)

Ninja's losing Dripping Blades so there goes 20% of their theoretical DPS. No telling how much its potencies will be raised to compensate, if at all. May reach the point where NIN's DPS is low enough that Trick doesn't outweigh the personal DPS gained by taking a different job, but who knows

That fucking Mahjong orchestrion roll is going to haunt my Orchestrion list forever.

Enjoy, Archer/Bard is a really fun class to play with. Gets a bit busy later but by then you'll probably be used to what you have.
Main-Quest gets a bit slow before Heavensward but don't let it scare you off, it gets a lot better afterwards.

>300 fucking dungs to get the lion mount as pld
I wont make it before ShB
I just want to be a Lion mounting a Lion

Attached: 1550003626509.jpg (1280x1224, 242K)

Seething irrelevant Primal faggots.

Enjoy your dead DC. At least the other two have something going for them.

>tfw like aesthetics of DRG and SAM and think both are fun but am too tarded to play either

doesn't have to be dungeons. I got mine by spamming deltascape v1 and sigmascape v1 normal. You could do it with alphascape v1 now too.

lewd

you can do EX trials too man, its any at expac level duty

>SE: We will turn down every RDPS tool in the game
>Nerf BRD entire fucking RDPS kit, Nerf Chain stratagem and delete Fey wind, Nerf Battle litany
>Also SE: Let's not touch Trick Attack at all, the quintessential RDPS tool in the game and add a job basically made for boosting the damage of every jobs
What the fuck ever, SE.

Attached: what.gif (125x156, 496K)

But you are going to be mounting other lions (and be mounted by other lions)

fucking dumb retarded autistic nigger

Glad I'm dropping BRD for DNC

I'll take a high pop server with less shitters over an overpopulated server full of shitters, thanks.

Descend into darkness, user.

Honestly 1600 isn't that hard to get, you can probably reach that level just by following the in-game hints. Luck is a big enough factor that you can win just by doing that even if you don't really understand what's going on.

Attached: akagi.jpg (259x195, 8K)

I know
I'm also ready for that. Hope to find some nice dudes or a LS

Attached: 1553906140221.png (792x746, 1M)

they said they want to make changes to jobs based on their core identity, nin's core identity is being everyone's trick attack bitch

>trick attack not removed or nerfed to fucking 5%
>nin a literal fucking spot whore for 2 expansions

Attached: 1402858494474.png (1139x1437, 188K)

>deltascape v1 and sigmascape v1 normal. You could do it with alphascape v1 now too.
holy shit I have over 100 dungs just doing EX and lvl 70 dungs daily. None told me about this shit.

what the fuck

Attached: 1549178320067.png (582x668, 470K)

That's only for the first set of tank mounts. The ones added in SB only count leveling roulette, 50/60 roulette, 61-70 dungeons, and extreme trials.

What the FUCK is THAT!?

>Deleted the 2% crit buff on songs, deleted Foe's Requiem
>To "compensate" increase Battle Voice DH by 5%
The way they raped BRD should be illegal.

Attached: 1313601690580.jpg (160x160, 18K)

Dancer only boosts one person, which is easily compensated for by Dancer doing less DPS themselves. Technical Step is barely even 1/4 as good as Trick Attack.

who is in the right here?
BTW the first set (HW ones) can fly now?

Attached: D2U62f9UgAA8kCH.jpg (719x1200, 117K)

>the helion queen is just a mentally exhausted femqote who keeps getting stuffed by hrothcocks 24/7

Attached: wet.jpg (674x728, 87K)

>That's only for the first set of tank mounts. The ones added in SB only count leveling roulette, 50/60 roulette, 61-70 dungeons, and extreme trials.
No, this is wrong.

I'm telling you I got both mounts at the same time by spamming normal raids. It fucking happened don't try to tell me it can't be done.

So when are they adding healer mounts? There is still some incentive to playing healer, right?

I spent 2 hours trying to figure it out with a guide for dummies and the computer just kept on drawing magical hands out of nowhere.

>catgirl bard
>socially awkward
>happy about getting carted around in the homocar by a level 70

Attached: 7rNtf3Hp2j-2.png (300x250, 28K)

Technical Step is a 5% damage up for 15sec every 2min.

>I'm telling you I got both mounts at the same time
>one requieres 200 and the other 300
Stop lying user

An accurate representation of a FemRoe

Attached: r3SB544.png (619x542, 259K)

Hope you get buffed because GNB dps is in the trash currently. It's worse than ARR war.

I'm really enjoying the combat. I'm playing with a DS4 and using the keyboard for communicating and that works really well so far.

The music is great too but I kind of expected that since this is an FF game.

I plan on playing through all of the story content including the new expansion. I'm sure that will take a while. The amount of content in this game seems insane.

Ninja's job identity is raid slut. Anytime some naruto uchiha gets uppity and says theyre the best, remind them that they only exist to buff everyones damage and swallow everyone's semen

I wonder what animal GNB mount will be?

>healer mounts
Look buddy
Only GNB is getting a new job mount

Attached: 1404613912966.png (214x221, 96K)

>Dwarf village maidens going about their daily business with their fake beards on
>suddenly a scruffy Hume Dark Knight explodes into their village, gazing around wildly, panting and manic, only to drop his chain mail leg guards at the sight of them and whip his dick out
>not a single Dwarven lass was left unplumbed that day
>the lasses still whisper about it to themselves

Attached: 1448402767777.jpg (960x1200, 316K)

>wow this dungeon is normally so much easier!
why are people so passive aggressive in this game

She has it in the promotional shot the used in the latest liveletter slide. They just ditched their getup when they came to Eorzea apparently.

>You couldn't possibly have done more of one than the other before you started!!1
okay now you're being literally fucking retarded.

Look, believe it or not, that guy can just run a normal raid and observe for himself that the number of runs he completed that count toward the mount has gone up.

level 30 CNJ, thats all you get

Havent kept up with any changes. Are all Healers shit now or just Astro?

It's ranged physical DPS, why would it be anything else?

>They just ditched their getup when they came to Eorzea apparently.
user they're literally in newly constructed bodies, their old ones got fucking obliterated by the light

wolf

Yes, and Trick Attack is twice the damage boost, twice as often. Only difference is TA is 10 seconds instead of 15.

>"""""""""she""""""""

>GNB dps is in the trash currently
>some demo from april is 1000% how the official release will be

Attached: coffee.jpg (293x222, 24K)

SE is fucking lazy, if they nerfed TA they would have needed to rebalance NIN to make it worth taking into the party.

SCH is boring
AST is boring
WHM is as boring as it was before
None of the healers are shit, it's just now a dull role regardless of which job you play

Technically GNB should have gotten a lion since they're based on Squall, but too late for that now.

Wonder if I could get away with that as the literal savior of their world

Are you trying to push the it's just a beta argument? You can't be that retarded.

WAR's DPS wasn't what made it bad you fucking retarded larping faggot

>couldn't hold threat compared to pld
>they buffed utility and damage to help hold threat and stay alive

You weren't even there you dumb cock smoker.

user the japanese tooltip for sonic blade had like 3x the potency of the english tooltip
The listed damage isn't even fucking consistent between languages, what makes you think it'll make it to release in that state?

Make Trick attack a self buff that increases nin damage by 10% like they did drg and disembowel

Attached: 1505172242443.png (900x900, 567K)

The only major problem AST has (aside from a few minor potency and cool down adjustments) is that its MP regeneration going into the expansion is fucking awful.

SCH got even more overpowered than they already were, and WHM is just as useless as before.

Tl;dr: Nothing changed. Meta is still AST/SCH, they were just pulled down to WHM's level in terms of complexity.

Attached: WHM.jpg (218x231, 9K)

can't find the sauce on that cat
help?

Every healer is the same now, except WHM still doesn't have a raid buff.

nullghost
You should know him

If you are sure you'll be playing this for a while you could pre-order SHB before it comes out, it gives an earring that boosts your exp by 30% and it's main and secondary attributes scale up to 70. If you buy shadowbringers you will also obtain the other two expansions on release, but you'd have to wait until then which is at the end of june. It'd be included though, if you want to make only one purchase but you could in theory get through ARR, HW and SB before SHB comes out or at least be done shortly after.

Is BRD just gone? Did Yoshi P really just shove it in the shed like that?

How did they homogenize healers?

>Had half the threat multiplier of paladin
>Hurr why couldn't it hold threat
user just fucking off yourself

I had given up hope on shadowbringers MSQ but 4.4/4.5 was quite kino. Playing through stormblood was horrible. The only thing i'm worried about is that the trust system is going to completely ruin the game as everyone will get bored when everything can be done with npc's.

Attached: fo.png (320x320, 169K)

>"You saved us, Warrior of Darkness! What can we ever do t--"
>"BRING ME EVERY DWARVEN MAIDEN YOU HAVE. THE MILFS TOO."
>"H-how man--"
>"ALL OF THEM."
>"But......the fake bear--"
>"THE BEARDS MAKE IT BETTER."

This is the story of how the WoD mastered at-will interdimensional travel so he could routinely visit the harem of Dwarves he won for himself on the First.

Attached: lalacrafting.png (1871x800, 3.3M)

They can only do Shad dungeons iirc

PLD/DRKAST/SCH/DNC/DRG/BLM/NIN
Is the new meta. Can we agree?

Attached: 1550276010099.gif (313x218, 2.43M)

Every healer's dps kit consists of a spammable nuke, a spammable aoe, a single 30 second dot, and a cooldown (chain strat, assize, earthly star)

Bard will always be popular. No matter how good or shit it is.

They gave made all the healers more well-rounded. Like making WHM less shit in fights that require a lot of movement. Healers are whining for no reason.

oh god I'm on the same server as this thing.

Attached: pacification.jpg (500x343, 24K)

never forget the 6 pot flamethrower

Trust dungeons take twice as long as doing it with players, and I strongly doubt you will be able to do roulettes with trusts. It's a thing to help DPS cucks avoid queue times while doing the story.

I hope the last dungeon and trial can't be done with trusts. Especially the last trial, should be on the same level as Shinryu where you had some people cry about the difficulty and even asked for it to be nerfed and they even quit when they got it in roulette.

>everything can be done with npc's.
confirmed to be only SH story dungeons

>There are healers that still haven't realized that everyone gets 1000+ VIT due to the accessory change, but only 300+ MND, which makes their heals dramatically less valuable per button press.

Cure IIs cure for 22k at ilvl433, a tank has 110k HP, thats not even 1/5th of their max HP. They could change literally nothing about how much damage goes out %-wise and healing will require dramatically more GCDs to cover the same % and there are people stupid enough that still think nothing changed and that they will have just as much downtime to DPS.

Change BLM to SMN and DRK to WAR. There's no way WAR won't be the highest dps tank when ShB launches.

thanks a ton, man

>only like 2-3 decent lala doujins

Attached: 1413870611421.gif (365x348, 2M)

And yet in all the footage healers have just as much time to DPS even though the people at the media tour are mostly bad at the game. curious

Dude why does it always happen like this wtf

no problem
Anything for a man with good tastes

Attached: 1548834913306.png (336x513, 169K)

PLD
WHM
NIN/DNC/BRD/DRG/SAM/BLM
True meta coming through

>BLM
>DRG
>DRK
no

22k is exactly 1/5th of 110k.

>Thinking that an early leveling dungeon is indicative of endgame content

lol

Attached: 1555691429430.png (362x262, 54K)

No fucking way.

Attached: ffxiv_06022019_233526_466.png (1680x1050, 1.69M)

I didn't know there were any good ones

yes fucking way
/ourguy/ is back

Early leveling dungeons typically actually hit harder than level capped ones.
They literally said the exact same thing about Stormblood and were just as fucking wrong and retarded for doing so.

S
O
U
L

There was a scene with him a patch or two that made it very obvious.

But user, /ourguy/ has been back since 4.3

Doom and gloom SCHs need to leave

Supposedly DRG is going to be doing ridiculous dps compared to now, well at least if nothing changes potency wise.

>Trust dungeons take twice as long as doing it with players
gonna need a sauce on that one boss

There isnt
but that PotD one got me off a few times

Attached: Zomb.gif (600x326, 1.58M)

How come at least a third of the healer players got no chill or are just bitter cunts in general?

>alphscape 1 blind video on youtube (normal mode)
>29 minutes long
yiiiiikess

losing 90% of your dps kit fucking sucks you cocksucker
energy drain especially
now everything is WHM braindead-tier

Seasoned healers won't notice a difference, but it's interesting to see how the boss fight designs are a little unusual for dungeons. Normally a boss shoots out one partywide a minute and spams dodgeables then that's it, but one of the bosses in the demo was shitting out eight partywide AoEs in the same amount of time. It has the potential to make more casual healers panic, although all the hardcore players will probably at most go from 90% dps gcds to like 80%.

I WANT CONTEXT

have you ever tried playing a healer job
I'm surprised they don't have transexual-tier suicide rates

Yeah, I don't know why they're complaining, their big-brain status has been dead since 4.0

healing exposes you to the actual stupidity of many players and their refusal to follow mechanics
it erodes your patience and makes you super jaded
healers are the angriest, most hateful mmo players

t. healer

>now everything is AST braindead-tier
fix'd
AST has been one nuke one dot for two years

Elemental is the best data centre

No, later leveling dungeons hit harder. The level 73 dungeon drops the same ilvl gear as the BiS we're in right now. Its not until the midway point where dungeons start dropping gear actually better than our current BiS that you feel the difference.

I've been in a df group where we saw Chaos go through the whole rotation a second time due to people failing the mechanics and dps being shit in general.
It's a sad sight.

The fuck? I oneshotted Chaos week 1 blind. His mechanics are simple.

youtu.be/Lb44K-nzZys?t=360

It's not even the stats that make the difference. It's the armor values on the gear.

This one?
exhentai.org/g/1081046/c8f42cd719/

link please?

>29 minutes long
>normal mode
dios mio

thats the one

>Be brand new, only class I have is PLD at 56
>Wearing some HQ questing gear and ironworks gear in the rest
>Queue for Aery, entire group is bitching I'm not pulling multiple groups.
>Healer is screaming how fragile my character is.
>Votekick initiated but failed after first boss on me.
>"PLD, you really shouldn't do dungeons until you have better gear for them, you're just slowing everyone else down"

So what happens when the expansion drops and everyone has poor gear? Are you suppose to wait until you're level 80 with full crafted gear to run the 71 dungeon?

Attached: 1548879457098.jpg (600x1675, 177K)

We'll go to /xivg/ when the mods purify it

Other than the bow being shit it's a massive improvement.

>oh boy can't wait to talk about FF14 today
>half of thread is about some autismo twitter drama with autists in the thread

Teach me how to play SMN

because straight up aggression is an offense that you can be banned for

Is there any reason why they couldn't have just given dancer ninja gear?

Ignore those retards, while tank does need to keep their gear updated more than the other roles, you don't need to be completely rid of aug ironworks til 59

If there was a version without the attentionwhores, trannies, degenerates and avatarfags it'd be an option.

because rdps uses rdps gear

Would only make them trip for a quarter of a second. Next thibg you know the are pulling aggro from the tank.
BLM with enhanced arrow is scary

they're a ranged class
so why wouldn't they share gear with bard

Right, and ilvl 400 gear will have the same amount of armor value as the ilvl 400 gear we have now. Just like how the ilvl 270 Shisui gear had the same value as the Alexandrian gear, or how the Sohm Al gear had the same amount of armor value as Dreadwyrm.

because it's not melee, you fucking smoothbrain

Why did they need 2 years to add worse inner release for DRK? I remember them saying that they will heavily rework mch and drk.

>Enhanced Arrow is gone
>Fey Wind is gone
BLMbros....

I generally just ignore people in chat and do my shit if they get stupid, it only really sucks when you aren't using CD's or your healer is stupid and I've leveled tanks mostly with ironworks/shire gear without changing because I'm lazy like that

Not to be that guy but
>Try to level up WHM today
>Shisui of the Violet Tides
>Load in
>Fem Au Ra tank with shitty glamor
>Makes big pulls but for some reason cannot hold hate at all
>I'm keeping them up and spamming Holy but holy fuck she's dropping like a rock and I keep getting killed
>Can't even hold aggro on the boss
>It doesn't occur to me till after to check her gear
>I142 gear
>In a fucking level 64 dungeon

What the absolute fuck is wrong with people, gear your fucking characters

Attached: amazing.jpg (453x439, 27K)

I think what I'm going to do is get the starter and edition and then get Heavensward since it's being offered for free right now. Then get Shadowbringers when it releases and that will get me Stormblood too.

Assert your tank dominance, remember that if they kick you they are the ones who suffer through another 10-20 minutes to find a replacement, unlike WoW this game doesn't punish the person being kicked from queuing again immediately

15% damage boost on enochian tho

yOu hAvEn't pLaYeD 5.0 DrK So yOu cAn't gIvE An oPiNiOn!
aNd eVeN So yOu sHoUlD At lEaSt wAiT UnTiL 5.2 FoR ThE JoB To bE FuLlY ExPeRiEnCe a rAiD TiEr bEfOrE AsKiNg fOr cHaNgEs!!

Why does MMO healing have to be so boring? I know people are going to call me a seething raid tranny but I didn't even really raid, I just liked playing SCH/AST and I had hoped that AST would get a bit more to do when healing wasn't needed. I'm not asking to be a DPS but it's just kind of bland when everyone knows what they are doing and you are on autopilot because there's not much to even heal.
It's not even just XIV, like every major MMO has bland as fuck healing nowadays. My Discpline Priest in WoW is about the best it gets and then I'd have to deal with modern WoW to play it.

People need to stop going into content completely blind and expecting people to explain everything to you. It's one or the other faggot. Either go in blind and let the chips fall as they may, or watch a video and go in with some idea of what to do. You don't get to waste everyone else's time because you want both.

So will GNB drop in popularity like DRK it did in HW once people realise that GNB is just a scuffed Paladin?

This is why leveling dungeons need ilvl requirements. Puts unnecessary stress on healers or causes the tank to die because the healer wears gear 10 levels lower than the dungeon, makes it unbearably long if it's on dps. Especially on dps nobody even really brings it up but it matters a lot because it can result in the healer running dry during a large pull. Generally feel bad for them when it happens desu.
It's like people are so dumb or lazy they fail one of the most basic things of most rpgs.

Seething raid tranny.

GNB has a way better aesthetic

yes
also gnb is more of a less gcd intense hw drk

Nothing wrong with that, ironworks is fine up to and including vault as long as you pull small and use cds.
That healer is either a retard or just plain bad.

Never type like that again.

>also gnb is more of a less gcd intense hw drk
They aren't even remotely similar

Been the cause of this. I had to heal the vault and my gear was ok except for my shitty lvl 50 staff. Holy shit that was hard as balls. We managed to do it but I felt so bard for the strain it caused the party.

I went into alpha savage mostly blind and just had static to explain everything to me. Couldn't even bother reading a guide.

What kind of ping do you need for raiton to be better than shuriken?

I play blm with like 700 sps and it was so nice not to be slow as fuck for a little bit

vault can be pretty hard even when you're synced down

blame the shared role armor sets
im not going to make my caster set red for one job

Attached: 1540881466476.gif (500x364, 335K)

two combos and a combo-independent dot with some ogcds
it's closer than anything else

I haven't seen it that bad, but I did get into a siren song sea with a guy using mostly PvP gear that didn't even have stats. Our RDM and WHM had higher max health than him, it was a blessing when he couldn't hold aggro because anyone else was more durable.

The only time I really notice a big difference in gearing though is in early low level dungeons with a level appropriate tank, I assume gear sync preserves stats in some manner so when you sync down to 20 or so, you're still getting vitality/tenacity/etc on everything whereas most people at that level don't even have jewelry on yet. This assumes people are actually wearing gear and not being retards though.

This. Honestly they could bring back old clerics but have it change some of your basic healing spells to dps spells instead, remove the cd you get from swapping into it to make it accessible to brainlets. Just make it swap skills the same way WAR skills change when you swap from Defiance to Deliverance.

The healers that whine about paper tanks are lazy fucks that are used to overgeared people doing roulettes. Had a healer whine about me taking too much damage in fucking brayflox normal. He didnt even esuna my 5 stacks of poison

when will they just give blm raise, give it a cd or something due to our mana being infinite. i get tired of doing easy stuff and seeing shitters die but i cant do anything because im playing my favorite spell flinger.

rdm is ok but i like blm more, smn just felt like shit, maybe less so after these changes.

I had a healer with 50lvl weapon in 61 dungeon. Tank was constantly at 30% HP even with healer not dpsing.

BROS NO MORE MEME UTILITY MEANING THEY WILL BUFF OUR DPS
DRGBROS RISE UP

Attached: 1533913103069.png (444x312, 111K)

That's so thin you may as well say SAM is like DRK because they both have an ability that buffs the damage of their next attack.

I wonder how people like this would've handled a game like ffxi where there's only like half a dozen combinations for any given race and you'll likely see at least a handful of your same exact character any time you enter a populated area.

- 2 combos that you rotate between assuming that Power Slash combo doesn't count
- oGCD Combo is like weaving dark arts and other various oGCDs
- Weaponskill DoT application like scourge
- Slightly better Dark Dance (LOL)

it's more of a callback to classic tanks but at the same time the oGCD abilities will make it feel as active as old DRK

You are no true black mage

Attached: chadmage.png (364x516, 18K)

If calculations are right and potencies doesn't change we will be doing almost sam tier dps.

Depends on the damage t b h, like you said their kit is pretty close to a PLDs
Circle of Scorn is Bow Shock
Clemency is Aurora
Spirit's Within is Danger Zone
Atonement is Burst Strike
Goring Blade is Sonic Break
FoF is No Mercy
Intervention if Heart of Stone

Same shit different flavor really

>wanting to spend even a millisecond doing something besides dps
embrace the black

Flare harder motherfucker, that's your utility

just make it a fucking single player game already

When will SMN or BLM or fucking RDM when we do the "bring balance to the light and void" expac be the poster job?

Never, infact we got even less support stuff, Apocstasis and Mana Shift are gone. BLM wields only the strongest magicks in the realm, destruction magic.

fuck off and die

Your damage is your utility.
RDM and SMN are for you if you want buffs and raises.

Healers are likely the most whiny retards in this game
>Had a healer whine at me about not using clemency to ease their job in fucking copperbell

Considering you can now do the entire MSQ with npc's it basically is.

If EX or Savage, absolutely
If it's MSQ, fuck off

I think SMN is a likely candidate, if they ever plan on doing a rework and adding more egis. It's a very photogenic job.

>Caster ever being a poster job
Doesn't appeal to most normies and doesn't look as good as a hero class, it's not heroic enough. Same goes for healer desu. No healer will ever be a poster job.

The posterboy job is always melee because a gruff stubbly guy wearing robes and casting spells from the rear doesn't make the expansion look cool.

You're thinking about this wrong, have BLM get a trait that gives them a damage buff for every dead raid member.

I LOVE BEING A TRUE CHADMAGE BUT I GET SO TIRED OF FUCKERS DYING.

>FoF is No Mercy
Comparing a 25% buff for 25sec on a 60sec CD vs a 10% for 20sec on a 60sec CD
Seriously why is no mercy so pitiful?

>Hurr durr why isn't one job in a role like other jobs in a role
Fuck off retard

So why wouldn't RDM work as a poster job then? Just have them be mostly melee in the trailer.

>suicide strats
I like this idea.

>Be healer
>Get 90% of the commendations even if i'm shit
>Get to talk shit to anyone without fear of getting kicked
>People to take me along all the time, even if i'm retarded and underleveled.
>Every expansion gives me more and more clutch spells to make healing less stressful

What more do healers want?

where can I see a list of the changes?

Why would you ever want to waste a gcd on some loser that died due to sucking?
It's your job to go even harder to make up for the idiot who now has res sickness.

Attached: 153135133513.jpg (1140x969, 85K)

This. Criticized a healer for letting me die to a tankbuster and he/she/it threatened that they will not heal me. Turns out there are two healers for each alliance in a 24man and AoE spells still hit the tank.

more complex dps rotations I think

>Gives you a temporary 1 minute damage buff every time someone dies.
>Shitters get chain resed and immediately die again.
>You get to run around with 10 stacks of damage up

Attached: 1546985820244.jpg (346x361, 39K)

BLM was on the cover of ARR

Attached: file.png (1234x1500, 3.24M)

BLM are the biggest dps chads in the game, even if they don't top the meters. I'd be dissapointed if they ever got a trait or spell that didn't just translate into them doing more dps

nice try at false-flagging, rdm-kun
RDM damage isn't getting buffed

Is there any class more boring and braindead than RDM that isn't a healer?

>trolley black mage problem solved
I like it

Gamerscape would be a start I guess
gamerescape.com/category/ffxiv/

Based. BLM should get stronger at the expense of it's party

To have it be actually fun, not everyone wants it to be a braindead afk snoozefest so you can watch Netflix on the other monitor.

>camp out a house for my FC for three hours again a rival group of three people
>lose because some jackass comes by three hours in an relocates

can someone just kill me please

Attached: (long, sustained yelling).png (500x356, 278K)

>Fire IV starts hitting like a LB
my dick

More than just a dot and a nuke.
WHM still looks like shit.

So try and get the house they relocated from?

What's the best city and why is it Ishgard?

Then play another role. Healing is what it is, I don't know what you'd expect from healing in what has always been a typical hotbar MMO. You fill up green bars, you knew what you were getting into. There's plenty of Korean action MMO-rpg's if you want to be a healer that dances around doing dps while healing

no, even if it's shittier, GNB's rotation looks really satisfying and >fun.

Based relocating chad.

Every tank except DRK has two combos they rotate
Every job weaves oGCDs
Loads of jobs have weaponskill DoTs. SAM's is even out-of-combo.
I also really struggle to consider Sonic Break a real DoT because its cooldown is twice as long as the DoT itself. You don't have to worry about keeping it up like other DoTs, it's just another thing you smack on cooldown.

The distinguishing features of HW DRK were MP management and parry procs, neither of which GNB has.

Ishgard has the best bros.

It's gonna be the job that's too "complex" to play, dealing the same damage as most other tanks. Players with bad ping won't play it. Parties won't outright reject it if SE balances damage right. Certain compositions like PLD+GNB doesn't seem appealing for prog because of the invuln lengths.

I see it being popular with well seasoned tanks that just want to play video games, meta fags will gloss over it

I need math on if SAM's shiny new double Iai is going to be used on buffing Higanbana or on Midare.
This could possibly have grave consequences on how cool Shad SAM's are. Imagine having the ability to use Midare twice but you're stuck using it on our fucking dot because it does more damage in the long run.

Snow

Holy fuck lads I just completed 4.5 and the credits have been going on for 20 fucking minutes now. Can I press esc safely or will I miss a wannabe marvel after credits scene if I do?

Fuck those people, god damn. I think Most DRKs will recognize when DRK looks like fucking shit in terms of gameplay, and this definitely looks like shit. It's almost impressive how little attention they gave to complaints when doing this "rework". It looks like a highschooler forgot they had a project due the next day, so they spent all night working on a rushed shitshow.
People who say that probably didn't give much mind to all the shit that was going on in 4.0, and how long people were told to wait for improvements and such. Fuck waiting to get a job that plays like absolute trash improved.

Attached: 1413301225416.jpg (500x738, 72K)

I'm sorry mate.
I was in your shoes when they did the server split, but fortunately for me there was much more houses open and an emergency maintenance that allowed me to grab a house immediately in the goblet and relocate in Shirogane.

Attached: 1396217001902.gif (208x186, 1.48M)

just do what you did for 3.5 :^)

Try Balance, they probably have made all the calculations and rotations already.

Pull bigger groups, if you have 130 ironworks gear or better then you should be pulling to the gate and using your cooldowns.

Not really, XIV had an interesting healer balance with cleric stance and juggling between damage and healing. It's been slowly cut away so I think people are justified in being a little angry that what they signed up for got altered.
I like playing supports, I like feeling important in a team and I think healing is fun for that. There are just so many times you don't need 24/7 healing and having 1 dot, 1 single target nuke, 1 aoe nuke is fucking boring.

Yes, there will be some extra scenes after it.

If there's something after the credits any time, I'm never going to see it, because I literally walked away and cooked dinner before it finished once. I'm tempted to record them one day just so I can fast forward and confirm there's nothing.

Agreed. It's usually not a problem but it can be a serious issue when the situation occurs. Using full Ironworks/Shire gear is still excellent for five levels, and perfectly doable for ten levels, and I'm sure the Scavean set will prove to be similar. There's really no excuse; if you do the daily roulette then you'll max out on Poetics in three days at most, and you should have a character fully geared in a week at the latest. If you're still playing catch up from the previous expansions then you'll be able to do this very easily.

If the tooltips are accurate (lmao) then Kaeshi: Higanbana has about ~5 less potency than Higanbana, and since it doesnt stack it's a waste to use it

You can skip it, you will see after the credits cutscenes anyways.

MNKs are seething still aren't they because of this? This entire month is going to be a comedy gold mine from the fags at balance

Not perfect but closer than WAR/PLD. I think it'll resonate while keeping its own identity

You will always use it on Midare even if you're in a two-target situation. It's a waste to use it on Higanbana because it only saves 1 Sen.

I've seen people with 0 dungeon gear all the way at level 67 because of either HoH or just them getting all the way there via roulettes. Considering dungeons now give one guaranteed piece of gear it should be expected to have anything at least but they don't even feel bad about it if you point it out.
It's more like a "so what if my gear is bad, carry me"

>Not having individual glamour plates for each job
ishygddt

As long as DRK has Blackest Night, it'll keep its uniqueness. Big damage mitigation on a low cooldown and a free super move for revenge is great. It's also awesome to throw it on a teammate who's directly targetted or can't get out of an AOE I'm looking at you, BLM.

25 fucking days lads

>making a static for 5.0
>hi were a dps couple and would like to join
>ask if they got any raid experience
>0 response
Everytime. I dont even expect them to clear a whole tier just show me you want to do content nigger

>couple
fuck that, 9/10 the couple is trash and on the occasion that they're not trash you now have to deal with a couple who will always, ALWAYS side together on issues. Don't forget to throw in the fact that if they break up your static explodes in on itself.

do you need a tank

They are there to be a couple, not to dps. Askibg them about raid experience tells them that you're a serious raider and that turns them off.

>trying to make a laid back static for content
>only at 4/8
this sucks

what is everyone doing in the meantime?

Attached: ffxiv otp.png (686x1200, 774K)

>Don't forget to throw in the fact that if they break up your static explodes in on itself.
Oh my fucking god this

I am too in a couple with a dps.
Can we join?.

>72 hour maintenance before Early Access
What social activities do you have planned to occupy yourself with during the downtime?

That's pretty ridiculous. If they have full AND augmented Poetics gear then I'll give it a pass; that's still perfectly doable, although the Lv69 dungeon will be a little rough going. If they didn't max out their Poetics equipment then they can fuck off.

Are you all ready for Dancers that only ever partner with their bf, even if he's a tank or healer?

Its a crystal static and we need 2 dps and 2 healers atm

Inviting people you don't know to static without raiding experience sounds like suicide, at least the couple we had in static was pretty good with RDM doing 99th damage and bard being high purple.
It was already bad in my last static with people constantly being late or just not showing up at all.

I guess I’ll just do overtime work.

Shitpost on Yea Forums

Attached: 1558446686368.gif (299x200, 2.91M)

SAMbros, how do I not feel bad about playing the ez mode DPS? I love it but I feel like I'm not really playing the game since even SE says it's designed to be simple.

My other 70 is DRG and while I'm capable of executing it it feels really clunky a lot of the time and generally less comfortable to play, as much as I love its aesthetic and animations

Attached: 1548214838530.jpg (625x423, 61K)

I'm leveling everything to 70. All I've got left is DRG, MNK, NIN, and SAM. The end is in reach.
I'm also slowly putting together a review video, hoping to get it done before the expansion as well.

>sick of leading statics
>probably need to make another one in 5.0 so I can actually threaten to boot players if they dont show up or show up late too often
Might just be me but these two things piss me off so much I end up leaving statics over it.
Often ends up with regression on mechanics too because there's that one guy who is always missing often.

>Its a crystal static
nevermind

What a coincidence we are too in crystal.

continue being a loyal grubbler like i always was

KMR is proud

erp on discord

recruit me bro please

I need to do this too, but I'm struggling with the motivation to level MCH and DRG

Is Zenos going to become an anti-hero now? Assuming that the Katana-wielding soldier is Zenos

>farming syrcus for the amon set
>always at least 1 other brd
>it never drops anyway

Attached: 1558212002021.gif (223x225, 1.23M)

10 levels and a fantasia bro.

Catching up MCH so I can jump right into Chadowbringers with it
I've actually been kind of enjoying messing with it knowing I don't need to actually try or learn how to do it properly since it's all changing anyways

well, while you're waiting for people to load into the instance, unsheathe your weapon and zoom in on your cool idle pose
also shout "MIDARE SETSUGEKKA" each time you do it

FC dynamics are an issue for like 90% of people anyway.

>Was in nice raid guild in WoW.
>Took it for granted, everyone showed up on time and we moved through content at a decent pace.
>No one socialized too much, but everyone was still amicable and committed to the group, if only for their own desire to raid.

>Fast forward a few years.
>Every FC I join has cliques.
>Every clique has its own agenda, attempts to strong arm everyone else into doing what they want.
>In reality, every group is testing the waters to see how far they can go since breaking up hurts them too.
>Backstabbing is commonplace, everyone wants to climb to the top and get their way.

I've seen fights over everything from gear allocation to who gets to be an officer to who owns the FC house. I saw a whole war over what the name of an FC should be because a half dozen wowfuges decided they liked their name better than the rest of the group. It seems like actually playing the game takes a backseat to inflated egos that seek to establish their dominance in the social hierarchy, and it's no wonder group cohesion online is at an all-time low because of it.

Want a RDM?

I've kind of been there. When I was farming Rathalos Extreme recently, I set up a party finder encouraging inexperienced players to join. I asked this person if they had done this fight before and they said no. I explained that Rathalos' attacks harm the animals so we should use that to our advantage whenever possible. We'll also take the stacking AOE attacks solo (all tanks strategy) and line up the pools of lava. Aside from that, just learn to recognize Rathalos' different attacks and dodge as best you can. That person immediately left right after that explanation with a word. People get scared really easy in this game.

Attached: 1552725492796.png (2267x422, 305K)

>ez mode DPS
That's BLM or RDM. SAM actually needs to try.

I'm this guy and that's a good point too. I shouldn;t be too concerned abiut MCH since it's going through a pretty big change anyway

its why i just like small statics with enough people that we can rotate if life stuff comes up for anyone

>gear allocation
I never understood this shit, don't people normally farm the raid for gear after clearing it anyways?
Everyone's going to get kitted out in time.

>That's BLM or RDM. SAM actually needs to try.
lol

Thinking of it, has Zenos done anything that was unforgivable? He killed a lot of people but only warriors/soldiers who were on the opposite end of a war

Attached: ffxiv_30052019_180119_077.png (1920x1080, 2.51M)

I meant in real life, not in the game.

why would he join and then leave after an explanation when you clearly advertised it for players new to the fight

They're breaking even further from RPG elements but at least they have the honesty to be very obvious about it not like some other games.
I'm curious what the battle system will look like in 5 years, some kind of action game with ping?
I like RPGs though, i like modifying my stats, unique effects that work on each other and crafting intricate recipes not click on the button that gives me things if you catch my drift.

>SAM actually needs to try.
lol

I got clouds bike off eBay cheap like a year ago no issues.

He hurt your "friends"

The only "monstrous" thing he did was slaughtering prisoners of war

If people want to gear up fast it means they want the freedom to bail on the group.

>be freelance pugger
>subbed in for statics several times
>make my own rules, raid whenever I want
>get a more thorough understanding of mechanics due to various strats
feels good

drg is still more ezmode than sam is

>Be FC leader.
>Constant bickering over officer promotions and why certain people don't have it.
>Get cheeky and rename the basic role "Officer" with the majority of officer privileges (There were none beyond being able to kick lower ranked members).
>People bitching they're not officer +1 now despite there being no functional difference.

Attached: 8820e463935b66fa9ac599b2e7732548.jpg (1129x1598, 229K)

He failed to kill Lyse.

>complaining about ARR losing RPG elements
lol
just lol

>That's BLM or RDM. SAM actually needs to try.
I feel like BLM is actually higher up there than a lot of classes since it has so many timers and stuff you need to stack and keep track of. The core static rotation is super simple, but when you get bursts of downtime things get a little messy sometimes. I like it but having to transpose through entire dungeons to keep polyglot building bothers me

God if only

literally how

Because if I tell you exactly how shit you're doing on ACT I get banned.

wait i though the warriors of darkness were from the 13th, not the first

I never got this, I only use FC as a way to talk to my buddies and a place to chill. Plus my FC leader gifts free shit regularly to everyone

It's not even a contest. SAM has positionals, which already disqualify it from being the easiest DPS in the game.

RDM could be played by fucking Stevie Wonder and still be adequate.

Attached: 1550990855944.png (310x416, 152K)

>balance was the only card desired in high end content
>they just change every card into balance

who was in the wrong here?

He's going to show up to save us when we are about to die because nobody kills his best friend except him. Estinien will also show and things will get incredibly awkward

Get your dalamud reds ready, boys

Attached: 1559252161492.png (1280x770, 1.35M)

this
If you already have the gear you want, the incentive for showing up is less. This is especially true if you don't care to actually hang around for the next tier and just join another group. I know one guy specifically in my static would stop raiding completely as soon as he gets his weapon, and the only reason I'm forced to keep him is he's friends with two other people that would leave if I stopped taking him.

The 13th is the void

the hard part is finding the most optimal points to stand/plant leylines. If you fuck up and have to move, it can cause you to drop or soft reset your rotation which is a big dps loss.

The clique shit happens literally every single time. It's unreal.

Just hit 70 on AST tonight, just in time for the cards to get gutted

Attached: IMG_0499.png (1024x768, 632K)

>dyed my red mage gear blue
>dyed my white mage gear black
>dyed my black mage gear white
>dyed my blue mage gear red
SOMEBODY LOCK ME UP

Attached: 1549183383160.jpg (1480x670, 146K)

>I also really struggle to consider Sonic Break a real DoT because its cooldown is twice as long as the DoT itself.

I forgot which builds are older/newer. The Live Letter demo has it sharing weaponskill timer with all other GCDs.

Afaik no other ability interacts with weapon skills like bard's barrage.

Positionals are not hard in the slightest. All you have to do is move half an inch to another part of the boss. It certainly doesn't completely overshadow literally having to stand in place to cast spells like casters have to do. And yes Red Mage has to cast spells too.

>72 huor

Fucking hell really?

>DRK armor dyed bright white
I'm not sick, I'm twisted.... SICK makes it sound like theres a CURE... HEE HEE HEEHEHEHEEEHEHEHEHEEEEE!

Attached: 1549433645549.png (1202x892, 324K)

I don't have any buddies that play XIV, so I have to use FCs as tools to actually raid. I honestly don't care what goes on with them beyond people showing up on raid night at the appointed hour, but I get dragged into politics because it affects people actually showing up.

It would be incredibly nice to actually have an FC that gets along with each other, but in my experience, it's a rarity at the level of time commitment I'm looking for (I work nights and can only really raid on Thursdays for sure, sometimes Saturdays.).

>Why yes, I play Gunbreaker, How did you know?

Attached: 353.png (1767x2500, 3.43M)

Because you're risking a ban if you're directly aggressive towards others.

is midna the proto-lalafell

Sonic break can only be used on the GCD but has it's own cooldown

Well they've been doing it for years and admit to it, fully assume it so why are you loling at me?
It's called mmoRPG dude and i don't think ffxiv fully deserves the denomination.

Bunbreaker!

BLM's difficulty comes from playing around mechanics and learning to push your greed to its maximum, the timers and other stuff is negligible. IIRC, BLM is one of the only classes where its DoT is on a lower priority than its other skills.

Bruh, ARR itself was a huge downgrade in terms of RPG mechanics from 1.0
The changes of ShB are completely trivial when compared to that.

It is on the GCD, but it also has a 30 second cooldown. The idea of off-GCD weaponskills is going away in Shadowbringers. Empyreal Arrow was changed to an ability. There are now weaponskills that have a separate cooldown, but they are on the GCD as well.

>that goofy ass eye thing in the AF

I guess they couldn't come up with an appropriate hat and had to give them SOMETHING for a headpiece but good lord.

Have you /pet your shotafel today?

Attached: CUTE CUTE.jpg (833x659, 458K)

>retard brings me a Thavnairian Bustier from venture
Nice, that's practically an instant free 150k gil.

Maneuvering around a boss as a melee dps is already more involved than simply standing in one place casting spells. RDM doesn't even lose potency if they don't attack the flank or rear on specific combos. Don't be a fucking retard.

The best thing you can get from ventures is Jet Black/Pure White dyes because you always get 2 of them and they go for 300k each.

He appointed Yotsuyu and Fordola and are their direct superior so all of their crimes are his too. Beyond his slaughtering of enemy soldiers her also sacrificed a lot of people to copy Krile's echo onto Fordola. The hypertuning and Resonant

holy fuck which artist did you commission this from?!?!

So I'm leveling a bard and I noticed that right now I have Venomous Bite and Windbite, and later on I will get Caustic Bite and Stormbite, which seem to be the exact same abilities, just stronger.

Is this the case (and thus I can replace the "low level versions") or do I really have to use four different DoTs?

Attached: Biggest think.jpg (1200x811, 33K)

Should have been a sick pair of shades

Looks like Incase.

Have you seen the reddit?
Shit art every day.

Abilities that upgraded get automatically replaced.

Venomous and Windbite upgrade directly into Caustic and Stormbite. Once you get the upgraded versions they automatically replace the initial versions on your bars.

if you looked at your trait list you'd notice you get a trait that turns your low level skills into the high level ones from the trait's level onwards.

They get replaced once you get them, its so you dont have to use iron jaws as often

DRG's rotation is more static and doesn't really need to be changed all that much for specific content. Its primary difficulty comes from not dying to animation lock.

DRG is often the "other" basic bitch DPS class recommended to newbies that isn't RDM.

It happens anywhere, IRL or not. People want to control things, and the best way to do so is usually by finding likeminded individuals who can back you up. It's why the democratic system in an FC is such a failure because a small group of individuals will elevate themselves to the top and drain everyone else dry.

The thing with cliques in XIV is to realize if they actually had numbers to do so, they wouldn't beat around the bush and just go make their own FC, one that would be inevitably doomed to failure as their common enemy is now missing and they resort to infighting to see who among them is the greatest. You can usually ignore most of what they say (And should, since giving in to anything makes them more bold) and just do whatever.

upgrade your retainers lads, my retainer brought me a nidhogg scale and the orchestrion roll for answers back to back

On my market board jet black is currently like half a mil rather than 300k, so yeah getting that is always the best for generating money.

My eight retainers are all level 68 now, not long until they're at level cap and can farm me all the mats I'd ever want.

>my eight retainers

Attached: 1549271472559.jpg (639x392, 33K)

I don't know how the fuck Bard works but if you can put them all on your hotbar, you should. That's four different DoTs after all, which means more damage.

Jet Black or Pure White for sam af4

SAM is so fucking lame but it's so fun

Make no mistake, if BRD COULD use 4 DoTs, they would.

And with Iron Jaws, it wouldn't even be that hard to manage.

Jet Black for maximum MOTIVATION

What the fuck is Iron Jaws actually supposed to be?
>Twirl finger in the air
>The enemy now has to suffer my poison for longer
I don't understand

>Maneuvering around a boss as a melee dps is already more involved than simply standing in one place casting spells.
Look at this stupid nigger. The tank sticks the boss's ass in your face and you attack from behind or the side depending on requirements. There's nothing fucking hard or complex about it at all.

On the other hand casting spells means your movement is restricted. You often find yourself having to time things just right ti squeeze one more cast out before you have to dip out to avoid taking damage. People also don't cater to you to protect your precious uptime, if mechs demand you move then you have to move. It's far harder to optimize than shitty positionals that any trained money can do.

Attached: Tard2.jpg (640x789, 174K)

They're Iron Jaws, obviously. You stupid?

Alright, quick question.
There were some lines that changed in like 3.4 or something if you had done Coil. I'm still a ways off from finishing SB MSQ, so is there any interaction that changes in the Story if you did Alex (or Omega, even)?
Bonus: have they mentioned something like this being the case for 5.0?
Thanks.

Attached: 1467631452712.png (399x240, 78K)

I've been playing casters in MMOs forever and I agree I find it way harder to play inside of a bosses ass than freely dodging aoes at range

>Ironworks gear in Vault
How did anyone ignore this blatant nonsense being spouted

Attached: 1557764433569.gif (700x285, 3.38M)

Getting gear early makes you more valuable. If you have a sure spot, then it doesn't really matter past better gear lets you clear the content faster, but if its a very competitive guild, you can lose your spot if other people are gearing up faster.

That being said, I've personally never been in any kind of MMO guild that prioritized simple throughput over ability to handle mechanics, but I've known it to happen.

I want fans to make Anji Mito

The one doing anything freely is the fucking melee who can move without restriction. You're retarded dude. Positionals ain't shit.

Also gravity is level 45 instead of 52

>freely dodging aoes at range
You don't get how most mechanics in this game work do you? Very few AoEs are purely melee range and a dumbass BLM who casts from Zimbabwe is doing nothing but making their healer's life harder as they stand out of AoE heal range.

>7 likes
How do you losers even dig up this twitter shit and why do you care

>standing 30 yards away from boss
>he starts casting a cone attack directly on me

Attached: 1542411223481.png (800x522, 428K)

What nonsense?
The previous dungeon (The Aery) is 136 gear and Ironworks is 130 (and I think has better stats) so it's perfectly reasonable to use it in The Vault.

>if you pull small and use CDs

He's not wrong. You shouldn't be doing it if you can avoid it, since the gear from The Aery is just blatantly better, but as long as you rotate your CDs properly you won't be inconveniencing your healer that much.

Augmented Shire gear was fine in Doma as long as you weren't big-dick pulling either.

theres a reference to the Crystal Tower raid and Alexander near the end of the Omega chain. Its nothing special

Ironworks is 120. Lots of folks won't go out of their way to upgrade it to 130. The difference doesn't really become noticeable until the Vault & Gubal, but it is FAR from unrecoverable or unwinnable. If you can't heal through a full 120 tank in the Vault you are just bad.

Havent played since the start of Heavensward.

Do I have enough time before shadowbringer to level a few jobs? I had a maxed out monk.

At least you're not a melee, those poor guys have umm.. Umm.. Well.. Point blank AoEs sometimes that that can just move out of while still attacking! Poor melee they have it so hard. :(

No, you need to clear the rest of HW MSQ and then Stormblood's MSQ first.

You have more than enough time to clear the rest of the msq and level a few jobs tbqh.

If you haven't played since heavensward then you don't have a maxed out anything

if you have other jobs at 60 it'll only take a few days each to max them

I know that gearing tanks and healers is pretty easy through dungeons, but how do you gear a DPS? Just spam PotD/HoH until you hit 70 and then buy some basic bitch stuff?

I'm just gonna shill here.
Crystal static LF 1 dps that can make a (hopeful) 3 days a week of Tuesday, Thursday, Friday at 12 PM - 4 PM MDT (subject to possible change).
Mostly a casual group aiming to be babby's first raiding experience as I find that more fun than getting angry at everything, with the added test of seeing how far we can go blind.

our gunblades are blades with guns on them, not guns with blades on them like the garleans.

He said "had" idiot

Get tokens to trade for DPS gear on your healer.

sent you a pm

Made an alt on Aether and speed leveling a few jobs because the buff is O fucking P.

Attached: ffxiv_06022019_151258_247.jpg (1920x1080, 694K)

Depends on your starting point exactly, but there are vendors that sell gear during leveling if you don't have poetics for the 50/60 sets to last you through those levels.

there's vendors who can hook you up at level 50 with i115 and 60 with i255. Nothing crazy good, you will replace it in Dusk Vigil/Spookysong Sea but they will tide you over. That said as a DPS being undergeared isn't a HUGE deal compared to tank or healer. Like I just hit 60 on SMN, just dove straight into Spookysong with i200 left side and i255 right side and did just fine. Few dungeons later and I have enough 260 pieces to be clowning on the other DPS

>shital
lol

the exact same way as tanks/healers? I got some centurio seal/MB gear so I could meet the level req. for new dungeons and shiet. Then you just spam tome gear and get some pieces from orbonne for the hell of it.

130 gear is more than enough for the vault even if both the tank and healer are wearing it dipshit.

Try a tank in Shire gear in Castrum at level 69.

I was noct shielding the fucker and he still got 1 shot by the 2nd boss tankbuster

>finally got around to leveling dark knight to do the questline
>that fade to black and then "listen to my voice"
>rereading all the quest summaries and realizing its fray talking to us

holy shit, are there any other questlines this good? or even quest summaries this fucking good?

People should shut the fuck up, Aery is a leveling dungeon, undergeared people are to be expected, if they don't want to deal with newbies they shouldn't be using leveling roulette.

No, that's the best. Sorry.

We had some people the other day arguing that they should have their full skill kit when level synced because they get bored when they do level roulette and get Satasha.

Isn't lining up your jumps and nastrond cycles with blood for blood kind of a pain in the ass?
Anyways, what DPS actually are hard?

oh fuck that, I love doing low level black mage shit
no gay enochian and fire iv fuckery

maybe sam but it's up to your taste

Ninja can be pretty big brain to actually optimize.

What the fuck is wrong with you

>Queue as paladin
>Get toto-rak
Every time man

>passively leveling my PLD by doing daily trials/leveling roulette
>everyday just the same old low level dungeon that Ironworks is perfectly fine for
>level 59
>still nothing crazy so far
>last leveling roulette before I hit 60
>puts me in fucking Gubal
>At the end of the dungeon healer tells me in a really rotten tone that I should upgrade my gear
>tfw forever in someone's mind as a shitter
made me reevaluate how I look at undergeared players

I don't know, after doing the third fire iv cast, and seeing the astral fire buff getting so low it makes me nervous, and I play this game to relax.

good lord, thats just what we need, bunch of idiots showing off their entire hotbars while the newbie tank doesn't even have rage of halone yet.
I'm sure that would go amazingly.

Yeah.

Attached: 132154765978099.jpg (698x882, 128K)

SAM 60 is pretty fucking good
Makes me wonder if they'd ever be willing to put some budget and make some cinematics of some of the major job questlines
haha right, like the jews at SE would do that

>new tank and healer get paired up with two fully leveled bards
>in stone vigil
good god
imagine

Gonna need you to play another class brosif. I recommend RDM.

ITS MAAM
SAY MAAM

well there's undergeared and then there's "you walked into a damn near level 60 dungeon in the expansion wearing shit from the end of the base game"
I'm surprised they stuck it out with youu.

I guess that's a good idea, but typical caster gear doesn't really look good on RDM.

Play Red Mage.
No seriously. Play Red Mage. You'll probably like it.

I had a healer give me a similar story when I got put into Vault with them and this is what their gear looked like.

Luckily I was playing as RDM so we just barely managed to clear with Vercure support.

Attached: ffxiv_31122018_023735.jpg (1920x1080, 959K)

>it's a "retard sees Yea Forums shitting on rdm and goes around acting like rdm does no damage" episode again

>doesn't even have the fucking free job gear
lol

What are you talking about? There's plenty of sets that look great on RDM, and you can just glam your AF over anyway if you prefer.

You are a shitter if you're still wearing ironworks shit at lvl59 dumbfuck

I fucking wish there were more quest summaries where the writing got all sassy like it does in the DRK questline, calling characters out for being stupid or "poor liars" or whatever, so there'd be a point to reading them. As things are, if you have to leave a quest unfinished and come back to it later you just click the destination button to check where you're going next and pick up from there rather than review what's happened so far and actually read what you were told/suggested to do.

Dunno man, I just don't feel like that's true.
I'll level RDM anyways after I finish DRK, only got a couple levels left on it anyways.