It's over

It's over.
twitter.com/whoisJoshBossie/status/1135253417146822658?s=19

Attached: ded.png (601x233, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3519798&userid=103527
forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3519798&pagenumber=233#post495591286
forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3519798&pagenumber=233#post495591338
kickstarter.com/projects/talesofgames/barkley-2-an-rpg-sequel-to-barkley-shut-up-and-jam/posts/2525425
youtube.com/watch?v=IlqSIxqhJx0
soundcloud.com/dividebyzer0/quazar-axel-hedfors-funky-ltars-hybrid-longhex-2014-remix
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Attached: 1558730467243.jpg (1000x1000, 384K)

Shit I was just thinking about cboyardee about a month ago.
RIP

Hope everyone who backed is okay with having their money stolen

It's a donation

where were you when barkley dies

Attached: why.jpg (300x400, 13K)

>game was horribly mismanaged
>all creators of barkley 1 are no longer involved
>game suffered from extreme feature creep
>retard PR guy who apparently is also the sole owner of ToG still thinks he can finish the game with himself and a part time coder with zero game dev experience
This fag is preventing closure in a desperate attempt to make himself not look like he killed the game. Just release the source code and assets and let the game finally die in peace. The game in the pitch will never be a reality.
>tfw no real sequel that's similar to barkley 1 with real people and stolen sprites from genesis games

Attached: 1559178084063.png (580x454, 22K)

it's not stolen you retard it's just wasted
you gave them money to make the game but they are goons so they are incompetent and lazy and now it's gone

I've got a feeling Liam(the PR guy, apparently) is gonna become a lolcow at some point

I knew it was coming, but it still hurts.

>>tfw no real sequel that's similar to barkley 1 with real people and stolen sprites from genesis games
this, the gameplay of the first was perfect, transitioning to a shooter was a bad move

The kickstarter in general was a bad move

making this a paid game meant that they couldn't really put any of the old basketball/space jam references in whatsoever

I pretty much accepted that it died years ago but at least now I have confirmation, and that in itself hurts to know. At least now whenever Barkley 2 is mentioned I won't get idiots saying
>NAH man, it's coming out!
>They said 2023, be patient ;)
>It's done when it's done :)

Attached: 1508427835264.png (720x629, 878K)

Ah well. I suppose dead is better than microtransactions

Hey at least I got my daki

It wasn’t even a jrpg anymore, so whatever.

Post yfw you never backed a kickstarter.

Attached: 1555036103871.png (482x463, 380K)

So Mother 4 is the same way, right?

At this point I believe so, but instead of coming out and saying it they're still wasting everyone's time by posting a still image or gif every year and a half with a message that usually just amounts to "we're REALLY working on the game guys, for really reals! Pinky promise ;)" and then back to their regularly scheduled radio silence.

just checked the twitter, thankfully hes coming out and being pretty upfront about it rather than devolving into a defensive lolcow. I'd say nice things to him (whoever the fuck he is) but I hate twitter and dont want to make an account. thoughts and prayers kek

it's crazy how often injecting money into development where someone once did it just for fun fucks things up. I guess it suddenly seems a lot more serious and it changes the dynamic or plain greed.

I trusted them so much. I was willing to believe it was just a long dev time because that's just a proper fucking Cboyardee gaff. I can't explain in words how heartbroken I am to see this.

Attached: FUCK.gif (500x281, 2.75M)

Fuck crowdfunding you faggots deserved it

Attached: 1547202347421.gif (225x225, 21K)

GZ isn’t having any of it though

Attached: 378BD583-37D5-42B5-82D4-65CACCAEA7CA.jpg (640x782, 216K)

Attached: 1470796020830.jpg (400x352, 16K)

Attached: 1531951241932.gif (540x304, 1.78M)

Isn't this mostly cboyardee fault? I used to like the guy, those Dilbert videos were genuinely hilarious. Can't really blame the PR guy for not having dev experience, at least he's trying to release something for the backers.

But the promise had been made.

Let's get this shit started
>Backing shit on kickstarter

cboyardee hasn't said shit yet but if you take the other devs on their word you absolutely can blame the PR guy, it was him that squandered the money and (by his own admission) made the team waste their time on the clock getting paid to work on pointless bullshit. It's good that he's owning up to some shit, sure, but that he thinks he's gonna keep this going with a PR guy and 1 (one) coder he's outta his mind.

Multiple former devs weighing in with enormous posts on SA. Will this quote entice you enough to read them?

forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3519798&userid=103527
forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3519798&pagenumber=233#post495591286
forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3519798&pagenumber=233#post495591338

>This is also about the time when I discovered the Dark Drakers, which soured the whole thing further. Dark Draker is a filler character in B2 who talks about being faster than the snapping maw of a drake. I discovered that an entire areas worth of NPC's were just carbon copies of Dark Draker with a different name given to each, AKA the illusion of work being done. Just these 10% finished NPC's basically littering the project to make it seem like it was all good. I suppose the plan was to eventually make them into distinct NPC's but the problem was that the whole game was plagued by the Dark Drakers, and they GREATLY attributed to the shit compile times. I also discovered/was told about some of the more hidden mechanics of the game which can only be described as the concoction of a lunatic. For example, two separate ingame time system both dictating quests and NPC behavior (with NPC's also being dictated by quest variables, items the player has etc.), leading to impossible to fix content. Thank the lord one of these system was later discarded.

Attached: 1559521024835.png (923x435, 41K)

Attached: 1534821761883.gif (334x310, 2M)

SA is still a thing?

paying for something before its out is absolute lunacy. looking through their kickstarter comments and people demanding refunds is hilarious.

Attached: 1408478666167.jpg (500x500, 40K)

Why does a project like this even need a PR guy? Its not like it's hard to talk to people on social media without embarrassing yourself.

Attached: 1467620372091.jpg (356x379, 22K)

For some people it's an impossible task.

Attached: 1556258889624.png (468x595, 15K)

i dont even know, especially considering their last kickstarter update before today was from 2017. communication on twitter ended around the same time.

There's a new update on the kickstarter page regarding the new info we got
kickstarter.com/projects/talesofgames/barkley-2-an-rpg-sequel-to-barkley-shut-up-and-jam/posts/2525425

There's a bunch of drama going on that I won't read, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I doubt the PR guy was the ideas guy constantly raising the development bar.
Considering cboyardee silence it wouldn't surprise me if this is mostly his fault. It's actually very common for an amateur dev to attempt a "dream game" with minimal design experience, only to find out the initial architecture had no extensibility and having entire modules reworked.

>the problem was that the whole game was plagued by the Dark Drakers, and they GREATLY attributed to the shit compile times
That's hilarious, the code seems like complete dogshit if it can't handle 10% more NPCs

Its literally the most boomer discussion board on the internet. Like the average age of thier users is probably mid thirties.

>That damage control

GZ called it

Attached: Untitled.png (614x344, 37K)

Attached: 0D8CCF19-30DB-406A-B5E2-11A267418C66.jpg (640x786, 258K)

lmao that's what you get for funding that reddit humor garbage
they took the money and went to hawaii, they're my neighbors now and we play pool once in a while

Knew the game wasn't gonna get done, because they couldn't tell what the gameplay was gonna be like.

Attached: smug.jpg (500x500, 36K)

>the code seems like complete dogshit
If what all the former developers are saying is to be believed, then their codebase was absolutely FUBAR. Constantly cycling through engineers and not keeping a core of talented people around tends to do that to your project.

Attached: 1553487138766.png (579x388, 181K)

Attached: 1537461354262.jpg (478x463, 158K)

here comes the backers justifying their thrown away money

Attached: 2424sadf43342.png (224x225, 5K)

What was that one e3 announcement of the guy that jumped in the air and yelled the game name sequel?

Funny story: I have no idea what this thread is about

Attached: 1559322675142.jpg (987x700, 148K)

Peggle 2

Attached: 1554957712070.jpg (392x393, 20K)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: 1446970448866.jpg (500x356, 31K)

our plans to overthrow the ruling class in a video game

Donations have a legal definition and patreon is not that.

Get out

I love when shit fails, I just absolutely LOVE it. I hope the devs get so much hate on social media they end up killing themselves
buy AAA or get the fuck out of this medium

Barkley 2 Forever

Dun when it' dun

I just found out on the other threads that Katana Zero has some Barkley people worked on it. It explains that some of the writing feels Barkley.

retroactively unliking katana zero

Honestly, good. The game was never going to live to expectations and the magic of the first was truly one-of-a-kind

Attached: HorribleSubs_Sewayaki_Kitsune_no_Senkosan_06_720p0010.jpg (1280x720, 125K)

This is the worst day.

Attached: 1556164170578.jpg (236x245, 13K)

People go on and own about the "le epic" jokes, but I thought the game was great because you go in expecting meme after meme, but the story was actually written well and took itself seriously. I mean, it still had a bunch of memes but the game was great IN SPITE of that.

>le ironic battletoads and metalwolf trash
good

Yeah, now most of them are SJW retards that would make resetera cringe.

I'm pretty sure most people assumed the project was dead. I'm not surprised at all.

>mfw I didn't backed it

>but then mfw wtf is barkley?

Attached: 1453074962807.gif (200x198, 427K)

when did you arrive here

Barkley 2 should have never been a "serious" kickstarter project. It was doomed from the start. The shameless copyright infringement was a large part about what made the first game's story so great. A sequel to the first game should have been a freeware work of passion not a shameless cash grab. Everyone would have been happy with another linear FF6 spoof thing with stolen assets and good writing.

Yeah, that's the thing, how were they planning to sell the game?

>>but then mfw wtf is barkley?
Amateur JRPG made up of a bunch of lifted assets from other games about a post-apocalypse where the end of the world happened because of basketball. Surprisingly decent, but a product of its time.

The Wheel Zone. A holy ground for tokyo drifters, NoS racers, greasemonkeys, robo teens, musclegirls, drift punks, juice heads, juice boys, and other assorted street scum. Cyberjocks and Anime junkies alike had come together in the aftermath of Vietnam War III to build it – a sprawling expanse of neon-highlighted straightaways ending in acutely graded turns, adjustable ramps, halfpipes, fullpipes, and trash pits on fire. Many obstacles such as 10,000 GV tesla coils and Wu-tang guillotines had been set up randomly around the premises by the more enthusiastic carnage kiddies. There was usually a very atmospheric rain falling on the area and Bladerunner blimps would cruise overhead projecting lo-res holo-ads for Cybercola and Anime pills.

Just few minute when I found this thread.

Just want to participate for the hell out of it.

So what is it?

Unfortunate, but this world doesn't deserve anything good. The internet has devolved into frogs and wojacks and you faggots deserve to suck your own micrococks you dumb trannies.

go to youtube and search for barkley shut up and jam gaiden

Thanks for the laughs. Now I know.

Attached: 1354995271044.gif (320x200, 1.9M)

Attached: gs000050.png (1202x933, 240K)

I have no idea. With kickstarter, there would be no Space Jam continuity, mention of any actual b-ball players, etc. They could have done that if they raised millions and paid Charles Barkley, Shaq, Kobe, etc etc for name-dropping them but that wasn't going to happen and they knew it.

I liked the B2 alignment chart

Attached: 88D3FA5A-CC7C-489D-92C0-592955CB39F7.png (356x214, 20K)

Almost decided to back the body pillow tier, glad I didn't

Attached: 1556062823096.gif (344x203, 3.88M)

>Yea Forums is to blame for a small group of goon memers that stole a bunch of money, packed it up, and went home

Ok

I did, at least I got my body pillow so I’m not empty handed

Attached: nittahappy.png (1920x1080, 1.9M)

Putting money into a kickstarter isn't a guarantee you'll get the product you're putting money into, anybody who doesn't understand this has no business having enough money to give to kickstarters anyway

Good on you, user. Didn't it take a fuck long time to get them tho?

Not him, but I don’t recall it taking that long for them to send them out. But it’s been years since I got mine so I don’t really remember

>Only game I backed comes out in two weeks
>Looks as good as can be
Feels good man
Missed the email about getting put in as a npc though, oh well

Neither Patreon nor Kickstarter ever enforce their own rules regarding refunds and reward obligations.

Attached: 1558962947048.gif (676x440, 422K)

The only game that I backed was Wasteland 2 but I didn't play it until the directors cut was released. I wasn't disappointed. I still don't understand why that game received so much hate. It could have been more open ended/map not restricted around radiation fields but I still had a great time.

What the fuck happened?

What rules?
You're not actually obligated to provide shit when making a Kickstarter or Patreon, there's no requirement to provide refunds.
There's literally no way to even complain to Patreon if a creator just takes the money and runs.

how exactly do you expect them to enforce that
>excuse me sir but you have to give these people the thing that was never finished

According to the recent posts from the devs in the SA thread, the tl;dr is that there were too many George Broussards with only one guy (GZ) keeping them all in check far after the damage was done.

I remember seeing one of the people working on the game having a mental breakdown when trump won the elections

Sauce? That would be pretty fucking hilarious if true.

who is Barkley?

Attached: 1549250720146.png (391x415, 218K)

me

mid thirties are millennials my dude

This is the appropriate level of gate keeping. Doing the Lord's work

the golfer that cheated on his wife with charlie sheen

The zoomer meme implies that everyone over 25+ and doesn't like Fortnite are boomers.

Basketball-American

fag is still pretending its not dead because he sold fucking preorders for it on his website

Attached: Capture.png (289x179, 9K)

I want to believe, man. I want to believe things will be fine. But they keep not being fine.

Attached: 1536206277288.jpg (189x189, 32K)

WHEN THE FUCK IS ZYBOURNE CLOCK?

How would you know that? Since you were probably banned and you're still seething, you probably don't know what goes on there.

got em

Not him, but I'm reading the Barkley thread and what in the fuck is this shit? I don't even like Trump, but perpetually shaming someone for liking something that you don't is retarded. Pic related is why I hate forums.

Attached: wut.png (187x252, 18K)

Kickstarter tells you when you make your pledge that "This is not a store"

Also, this could be some sort of post-irony bullshit but I doubt it. I remember a time when you could pay money to have some stupid bullshit put on someone else's account. I'm assuming that's what happened there.

Shaming is not what's happening there, lol. If you don't have an avatar, it defaults to some meme picture the site sets. It's been like that for a while and is just meant to be a bad joke. Trump is generally disliked because he's just a douche, it's nothing politically driven or complicated.

Original dev or not, this guy is talking a lot of trash for someone who is complicit in fucking up their own project comprised of, what, less that 10 guys? And not saying jack shit for years.

Incidentally the political board there is flaming dogshit, so they and this place have a lot in common.

what animo

either stay on rich's dead gay forum or cool it with your enter key

wait he did what? the crowdfunding was donations, selling a product he can't deliver might actually be a big woopsie

I have no clue what you're talking about so i'm assuming I said something you didn't like and you assumed I believe something that you disagree with or some shit, but chill out chief.

holy fucking shit go back you stupid mouthbreather

It's telling enough that nobody gave a shit about the game until zoomers "rediscovered" it

good riddance

So they replaced the babby stupid newbie picture then? I haven't really been on SA since the mid 2000s. I thought that was some paid avatar from another user. I hate when forums do that shit. That's why I never created a RPG codex account even though I've lurked it since 2006.

I really fucking wish people would stop giving money to these internet scam artists.

Nah.

>RPG codex

FUCK me I am old.

Attached: free-shrugs-56253467.png (500x715, 201K)

ye ye ye

Does RPG Codex even still exist?
What's going on over there these days?

>it's nothing politically driven
>please forget lowtax's insane prog asian intentionally appointed tranny mods and ran the entire site into the ground

>Welcome to years ago

You missed the post telling said mods to chill the fuck out and stop being thing skinned bitches then.

you are like 16 years old you faggot that can't even post without sticking out like a tumor

Thanks, I forgot to check.

Just a bunch of circlejerking around infinity engine games, Chris Avellone wanking, and Bethesda hate. That's about it. Also, c-boy posts there relatively often.

yeah that totally fixed sa oh wait no it's still an insane totalitarian shithole nothing like it was in '05 and a fucking flaming shell

You're way off. What does that even mean, how would that matter and how does it effect you. I didn't mean to trigger you.

Oh, and Cleve Blakemore posts.

>tfw working on a barkley inspired rpg in my spare time
Trying to live up to the writing is really difficult
If I ever finish this mess I'll throw it out there for free

But it's nothing like that.

Unless you want to say nigger a lot or intentionally be a hyper aggressive dickhole.

how does me cumming in your mother's asshole until you learn how to post effect you

If I don't know how to post, then who are you talking to?

>KS
>fails
That's what you get for trying communism.

an underage faggot

Just take a scene from FF6, add in references from whatever stupid meme shit you're creating, and take yourself seriously without going all slapstick. I'm sure your Seinfeld RPG will turn out alright.

Based shitposter.

Thanks chief

the octaroons appreciate your kindness

This isn't gofundme, son.

yeah it's real great if you're not a super icky problematic non-progressive
fuck off tranny

What that guy said, make sure you take yourself seriously, any hint of irony ruins the joke of having a silly character in a retarded setting dealing with serious over the top jrpg conflicts

Haven't seen anybody say anything like that or act that way about anybody saying something that might be considered "problematic", but there's no reason to be so afraid of trannies, they're gross but you can't tell if any of the dickholes there are one so they can't hurt you.

Most of them are at least adults though so you still might have a bad time fitting in if you ever went there.

Attached: laughsinhidden.jpg (894x503, 28K)

rich isn't going to do anything to upset the last gaggle of retards willing to give him money

Attached: 1557487028737.gif (88x128, 103K)

Same shit.

Good.
Kickstarter needs to fail so people will learn that that shit just doesn't work.

Everything I've backed has delivered. Maybe the problem is you.

you mean except for when it does
the real reason they should stop with kickstarter is that they should demand some kind of equity for large contributions

>Everything I've backed has delivered
Maybe if you cope hard enough.

Problem is with inherent flaws of socialism and its inability to deliver quality products and goods.

I agree my fellow channer, it's NOT ok to single out and bully people.

>you mean except for when it does
Which is never.

what does you donating money to someone have to do with socialism

Get a loan like everyone else you fucking bums.

Attached: smug knuckles.png (363x350, 365K)

Attached: A8D3A1B6-BDB2-498E-A87E-34BA49AFBDCA.jpg (1280x720, 114K)

>t. 10bux goon

Attached: 1547381684277.png (280x280, 116K)

You supporting central market controls is far more socialist. Kickstarter is intrinsically capitalist.

Shovel Knight, La Mulana 2, Rimworld, Hypnospace Outlaw, these are all fantastic games and you're a tasteless faggot for shitting on them.

They just need to dump the current codebase. It would get finished in 2 years tops by actually competent people.

The codebase sounds like its FUBAR, but you could just use the assets and script.

Attached: 1361519716900.jpg (544x544, 53K)

The only kickstarter I ever backed is about to start shipping. It's only 3 years late.

Attached: my momey.png (378x423, 208K)

Attached: 1418205314975.jpg (340x340, 89K)

Daily reminder fags like this and that fat Zoe Quinn cunt are typical SA posters.

CROWDfundind.

if anyone really wants to make a sequel to barkley they can just buy an rpgmaker license and go to town
this project sounds like it is mostly unsalvagable

Why even bother talking to a retard who thinks investing money is socialist. Granted you don't get financial returns from Kickstarter, the return you get is the existence of something you want that publishers wouldn't fund. For some people that's not enough, and those people should not use Kickstarter.

bigtime famous poster chelsay
she is just a groupie bro

i agree but theres probably most of the script in there, no point not using it. and you could reuse sprites too.

it's just the latest stupid newbie avatar.
literally designed to make you upset so you spend money buying a new one.

Singling out random anons in a random thread is fine, but permanently branding them with a retarded avatar for life is SA/Reddit/forum territory unless they trip/namefag. Fuck off back to wherever you came from.

please go to school for the love of satan

Prove any ot those succeeded because of kickstarter. Reminder that shovel knight cost 2 million to make and KS did not cover that, tried and true methods of capitalism did.

SA trannies are insufferable
40%
go back

ok now think about what that specific choice says about the community

>Kickstarter
>Investment
Hard no.

that rich is a poor old man that wasted his life

KS didn't cover the entire cost. That doesn't mean that KS wasn't integral in getting the ball rolling, giving them initial seed money and demonstrating an audience desires that product which is what got them that money from other capitalist means. You're just some spineless retard trying to inject "MUH SOCIALISM" into places it doesn't belong, why don't you do everyone a favor and hang yourself.

even if you want to believe they're literally just stealing money (putting aside that backers get a copy and other "perks" anyways for their payment) people overpaying for something in high demand is really basic capitalism dude, there's nobody artificially setting the price that high and demanding people pay it with no alternatives

GOD DAMN IT

Attached: 1520677089476.webm (572x720, 357K)

t. zoomer that missed out

You actually have brain damage.

Attached: happy gappy.png (418x674, 473K)

I know for sure Kickstarter actually has a rule that all projects must provide something of equal value to the promised rewards to all their backers, even if it's not what was actually promised. This supposed hard and fast accountability regulation never gets used, either they deliver the product or run with the money. Why that is I can only guess, though probably it's because Kickstarter has no real power, the importance they place on anyone using their service means they have no contracts to tie in lawyers and thus no way to fight with people who don't play nice other than preventing them from making another Kickstarter on that account, which is barely a threat.

Kickstarter trying to be enforcement is a bad idea, nobody actually wants that. In fact, if they start doing that everyone should be extremely worried. If there was actual legal cause lawyers would jump all over a class action, but there generally isn't because you're not buying a product, you're funding the idea of one. Not everything that gets funded pans out. Typically investors are slightly more protected by having lent the money to begin with, but businesses still default and go bankrupt all the time.

all these
>well akshually it's a donation you can't expect someone to deliver
fags got it right, except for the part where running away with the money is still running away with the money
you don't need to tell people it's not actionable, guys, we got it the first thousand times, lmao

staying clear since day one

Attached: 1556429603969.png (1278x981, 372K)

Attached: lupin laughing.gif (500x361, 1023K)

there is definitely a sack with your 4 dollars in it in a safe somewhere

Tbh the only kickstarter I ever backed was an artbook, which arrived with minimal delay and in great quality. I can see why others got burned though.

Attached: 1548887950341m.jpg (367x1024, 53K)

The only crowdfunding thing I've backed that I wasn't happy with was the double fine adventure game and they still technically delivered

My condolences on that. I don't think anyone could honestly grasp just how much of a useless existence Tim Schafer was, prior to that fucking debacle.

Except Kotick

True, though that coming from Kotick of all people made it hard to believe.

well then its a free gift and there is no basis for any reversal. not that i really condone it but everyone there sends money of their own free will

it's weird because cboyardee is definitely smart enough that this should never have happened but i guess it wasn't really under his control once he needed to work with so many other people

You reek of kiwi farms.

i donated for boardgame online's mobile version kickstarter. felt it was a decent enough thing, and mostly treated it as giving back to them for giving me and my friends a bunch of good times playing against each other.

you reek of masturbation

Attached: 0E0.png (747x560, 433K)

>Too poor to fund any of the kickstarters I cared about back then
>have money now
>there hasn't been any interesting kickstarters since
come on scam me already

Probably at home, watching a guy laugh at "They Hunger"

Attached: 1551429492142.jpg (702x562, 67K)

it's not too late for you to buy tens of thousands of dollars of virtual space ships

>neither of you use effect right
>second guy reeks of underage but first guy continues replying
BOTH OF YOU ARE LITERALLY RETARDED
A COMES BEFORE E
AFFECT COMES BEFORE EFFECT
THINGS NEED TO BE AFFECTED BEFORE THEY SHOW AN EFFECT
JUST LIKE YOU SLITHERING OUT OF THE ABORTION BUCKET CAME RIGHT BEFORE YOUR PARENTS' IMMEDIATE DISAPPOINTMENT

Attached: constipated black man.png (459x377, 9K)

I really should go play the original, it looks amazing. I love the weeb that goes OH I ONLY PLAY JRPGS, THE THINKING MAN'S GENRE FOR ENLIGHTENED PEOPLE LIKE MYSELF, LIKE GROWLANSER
>tfw Growlanser is probably dead

you are extremely dumb

Definitely do if you haven't. It's unironically one of my favorite RPGs of all time, probably because its use of timed attacks and stupid as fuck story that is simultaneously wonderful.

your effect is coming off as bothetred you should relax and let stuff affect you less

I posted on SA when it first started and migrated here. I will never forget going back there during the Obama presidency, saying I support McCain and getting banned and having people say why I was sacrificing my account for something so stupid. I literally just said I thought McCain was better than Obama in their politics board and got my 1999 reg account banned.

>tfw your favorite game was KS'd and the head dev is immune to greed

>To answer your other question about us become a bloated mega-corp - probably not anytime soon haha. The other benefit of being a single-owner company is that I'm pretty happy with how things are and I don't feel like I need anymore money, beyond us just continuing to make profits like we are.
>So there isn't much attraction to "blowing up big" for me. I feel like the detraction of having to manage a larger company would greatly outweigh any benefit of moar money at this point.

>We've gotten inquiries by potential investors looking to dump some money on us for some bigger project but that just seems like a headache to me, dealing with investors and suddenly having to schedule milestones and report what we're doing, convince outside people to let us do this or that... no thanks!

>That said, I wouldn't mind growing a bit more, as I do have an interest in working on different games and it's fun to see things progressing and taking shape - ideally at a somewhat faster rate than often is the case with us haha. >Currently we have just enough people to work on our "new game" plus a GD expansion. I think we'll be stretched thin if we start another totally new project. We're actually in a weird spot currently where it would be great to hire another artist to wrap up FG but after that is finished, there would then be a lull before we get the next thing rolling, where we might not have enough work to go around... so it's better to just try to grind through with the team we have for now, then hire later, once future things are in production.

Attached: 1554612632489.jpg (355x440, 130K)

sounds fair

I backed Skullgirls because I thought they got a really fucking raw deal and got dicked over really hard by their publishers. Can't say I regret it. Didn't donate to their other game and unfortunately bought starbound though

The half-life mod? That shit did not age well.

I also remember they used to raid early day 1 bitcoin message boards and preached how the whole thing was retarded back when bitcoin was like 1 cent for 1.

is that grim dawn

Bitcoin is still retarded. It's a giant bubble but it's a bubble that bursts over and over and over again, because of its value to organized crime.

it is retarded

True it's retarded now with no hope of every being an alternate currency point is back then if you even put a dollar into it you could potentially retire early. The biggest fuck up I ever did in my life. Had a wallet set up and everything all I need to do was put in like $5 and I would have been set for life. Now I am a wagekek for life

Post memorials

youtube.com/watch?v=IlqSIxqhJx0

>they're still working on it I swear
>you can watch them stream their progress
>it'll be great, it's just taking so long because of how ambitious it is
I told you you were full of shit but you didn't listen

If you put in 5 bucks you would've cashed out when it hit 100 bucks in a heartbeat. I don't know why people think they would've managed to hold through all the crashes.

yes

No one's going to sue over a few bucks. People put thousands into Star Citizen and they haven't even been sued yet. All you have to do is keep promising the game forever until everyone either loses interest or forgets about it.

i'm not telling you that you couldn't get rich quick in retrospect but it is not good for a currency to be deflationary or to have a declining incentive to put compute power as the space of unmined decreases for the purposes of making timely transactions
i can only grudgingly suggest it isn't gay now because banks are starting to unperson people

>People put thousands into Star Citizen and they haven't even been sued yet.
They actually have been taken to court for denying refunds and a few other things.

star citizen's developer was sued but they also have a cool feature in their agreement where you agree to go arbitration so the case was tossed

He was smart enough to make a pitch and then run off with a bunch of gibs from stupid goons that paid 130k+ for a meme game that could never happen because copyright infringement.

I've backed a good amount of them but literally the only ones that failed to deliver were all videogames. For example very board game I've ever backed has delivered and sometimes they even over-delivered (Kingdom Death was a fucking insane deal, $100 to back it and the game goes for $400 retail)

That ban sounds justified.

You should be banned for life aka killed for being a right winger

Attached: [elf intensifies].gif (400x400, 1021K)

Ban was correct. If I was an SA admin I would have doxxed you which was common on that site back then.

Justifiable ban. Why did you try to challenge the hivemind on a forum? You're a dumb faggot.

My defining personal trait is that I am too smart to back anything on kickstarter.
Not my problem.

soundcloud.com/dividebyzer0/quazar-axel-hedfors-funky-ltars-hybrid-longhex-2014-remix

bretty good remix

You deserve it. One day it will be legal to hang you right wing fucks.

I backed Omori, FUCK bros, it's going to go the way of Barkley isn't it?

Attached: 1364838515661.jpg (425x282, 43K)

people who've been on Yea Forums or any social media website post 2012 for 5 minutes know that talking to people is a ticking time bomb, everyone is out for your blood and will dissect your every word in 20 different ways
also there's a lot of said people and a lot to answer

>kickstarters always fail
>people still back them because MUH VIDEO GAME MIGHT BE DIFFERENT

Attached: 532423234.jpg (900x900, 95K)

Attached: 1541175038468.jpg (1073x1054, 204K)

Except when they don't

>dude kill people for having political beliefs lmao
Do you want literal Nazis?

Attached: Beaches in Australia.png (1918x1080, 516K)

Projects I'm interested in usually get a host of other suckers to back it, so no risk for me!

Attached: 7 -.png (414x459, 324K)

>responding to obvious shitposting

Attached: 3718299385799.jpg (300x300, 10K)

why wait till its legal? the aristos are late for their guillotine appointment

barking 2

What? Shut the fuck up.

c-boy was the one that took made the pitch and then almost immediately bailed, though. It's funny that none of the devs have yet to mention him and seem to tip-toe around it.

we already have literal nazis. thats who we want to kill

It's based off of Gnarles Barkley, he made that song Crazy

>I said I thought McCain was better than Obama
>HANG NAZI REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Stop using that word as a buzzword to describe anyone to the right of you that you dislike.

somewhere out there is a literal 95 year old nazi and you want to kill that old man

Republicans are nazis, though.

>almost immediately
he bailed in like 2017, after 4-5ish years of dev

Explain to me how right wingers are not nazis?

no they are liberals

Attached: kek (2).jpg (226x269, 11K)

He bailed in 2015/early 2015 according to the GZ. He was the first main dev to GTFO and they took him on after.

no they're incels....nazi incels

early 2016**

Attached: 1527962638771.jpg (392x379, 119K)

>Yea Forums cries about some faggot rpg maker game again
Nobody caaaares

Liberals wrote the constitution.

not looking at their fertility advantage
they are liberals and you are mad because they don't want to give you their things

with some help from the gay crypto-monarchists that made up the federalist party, yes

Republicans are GOP faggots that want black people in a cage and women prevented from voting.

Can't wait for the next civil war to be a repeat of the first. Going to enjoy bashing some right wing heads in.

all nazis are right-wingers but not all right-wingers are nazis

>not all right-wingers are nazis

Back to /pol/ with your disinfo.

you have down's syndrome
the only thing you are going to do with your life is die from diabetes

Much to the disappointment of /pol/ they have proven to be quite the opposite. Trump has done more for Israel than any democrat.

the global south fetishists think israelis are the real nazis

just a lurker, but you're really owning the nazis ITT. keep doing you.

Imagine being a /pol/lock and having your god emperor essentially be the prime minister of Israel.

Someone should ask Frankie (pixel artist) to upload all of his spritework at some point since that's in the toilet now. He already got paid for it anyway, it can be used for freeware projects. Though TFG would probably come after him so nevermind.

To be fair post-election /pol/ is mostly redditors that think they're saving America with rehashed Pepe and Wojack memes. Granted Yea Forums itself is a very different animal now.

there are no nazis bro
just different groups of mentally ill liberals trying to roleplay the 1930s because they can't live together

I literally just said I thought McCain was better than Obama and people here are wishing death on me.

Republicans want bloody video games banned and gay people sent off to shock therapy camps. sounds like nazi germany to me

yeah i remember when adolf hitler banned video games and gave ect to gays to cure their depression

You deserve to be permabanned, doxed, swatted, and possibly killed. Lowtax took it very very easy on you

in their defense john mccain was an enormous piece of shit
barry turned out to be one too, but john wore that shit on his sleeve

You're in a thread full of SA goons, what the fuck did you expect?

>a lolcow
A fucking what?

charlie sheen

//////WARNING//////////
NEO NEW YORK CHAOS DUNK ADVISORY WARNING. A MEASURED 19.7 MEGAJOULE OF NEGATIVE BBALL PROTONS HAVE BEEN DETECTED. A CHAOS DUNK IS IMMINENT.
>FIND UNDERGROUND SHELTER IMMEDIATELY.
>>FIND UNDERGROUND SHELTER IMMEDIATELY.

I backed la-mulana 2 and couldn't have been happier

Attached: 1422936132815.jpg (1280x720, 98K)

The fact that Kickstarter doesn't require that the devs even prove they were working on anything and didn't just take your money and run is why there are so many scams.
If you couldn't finish the project on the budget provided then whatever, but you should be legally responsible to show proof of your work and release whatever mess you've made so far. Maybe someone else will finish it.

i'd be happier if the game was more popular

I believe ghosts are like dogs and they just sort of do things arbitrarily.

>thinking Songbird McCain was good
You deserve to die but not for the reasons the l*ftoids in this thread are giving

Attached: ach scheisse.png (749x392, 350K)

and here i disliked john mccain for wanting to kill millions of people for bad reasons

thanks for your service user.

>Thank the lord one of these system was later discarded.
ha ha ha. No. They have both been discarded.

nazis will be rounded up soon your day will come

>thinking that I want another pointless war in God knows where-istan for I*rael

well the nazis loved invading other people's countries to pilfer their wealth. it was one of their very cool and not at all ineffectual plans for bankrolling their gay operations

Attached: 1543795441086.gif (326x256, 1.45M)

Right, Just like DOTR.

Attached: 1527136415816.jpg (500x500, 21K)

Why are you going to round up yourself? Are you ok?

which is why I support an invasion of Mexico rather than a random irrelevant Muslim state the Jews decided they want ruined- sorry, I mean democratized

>implying i'm a nazi

found the based retard

You should annex Canada too

jesus christ imagine wanting even more mexicans running into this country while the u.s. military lost another ground war

Never played the first game, should I? Did it age well?

Why are you implying you're a nazi? You already said you were outright.

It's ff6 if it was about basketball but not really and mid 2000s memes.

who the fuck are you
I don't want any new wars period.

depends on if the humor works for you because it's not a masterpiece as a game

nazis were right wing. you support trump and he's a nazi. therefore you = nazi. it's not rocket biology.

Sounds cool.

Attached: 1523680924050.png (713x611, 26K)

You supporting trump makes you a nazi? Nazis were right wing, but now they're left wing like you? You seem extremely confused.

>Rocket biology
It's bait, fool

no. i am actually completely serious.

Objectively false.

Good one, user

>black people in a cage and women prevented from voting.
Based as fuck

I wish Lincoln had gotten to send the blacks back before he got got.

Attached: BUDDY.jpg (500x500, 23K)

it's never too late

honestly pretty based

>that page in Lincoln's journal where he talks about niggers being as bad as jews and his plan for sending them all back
How did he get away with that?

Did you see about 115 Africans were caught at the southern border? You are getting a fresh supply straight from the congo

hope they bring us ebola

You can blame ol' John Wilkes Booth for that one

Not according to the IRS

plato was right about actors

I regret not backing Hollow Knight and getting a bug into the backer graveyard.

Attached: 8584326466442.png (649x580, 604K)

Nowhere is safe anymore, They could of easily have gone to Europe, But they already turned that into a shit hole

They literally put out a backer update yesterday. It's still being finished. Just slowly. The guy who made this post over on SA (I'm mildly surprised SA is still around) sounds bitter that he wasn't making crazy money and is straight up making up things....

I loved the spritework in general

I knew those faggits would cancel it. When will we finally get a sequel to Shut Up and Jam, bros?

this. the guys on sa are just bitter that they cut and run before getting a taste of that sweet sweet bag. liam is performing a gigantic ruse. the game itself is already finished but isn't being released until the time is right

The first Barkley game was pretty much made by one guy and he did almost all of the work while the rest of the "team" dicked around.
Last I heard this one guy was making games for Xbox arcade way back in the Xbox 360 days.

Im sure Yea Forums could make barkley 2 on its own. Could use all the stolen assets you want.

Attached: 1486401051620.jpg (1058x1002, 251K)

GZ seems to be the only one that knows what he's doing. No shitpost.

Why does everything good have to die?

GZ is the guy who basically made the first game. Seems he joined the team of the second game years later, saw it was a shit show then left.

I feel bad for him. Hopefully he doesn't mention it on his resume and keeps making incline by himself.

Bo Kunopi Ko

>National Socialist German Workers Party

What did he say

>looking at some replies

Attached: 1538953419926.jpg (500x379, 47K)

that you should read books

this is very serious and you should call the police nigger

it's crazy how often this feature bloat shit happens with kickstarters

at this point I'd feel more confident in backing a kickstarter with stretch goals to remove features from the game

>typing certain words in a search bar searchs for those word
>type "bhild bornograbhy"
>get bhild born
>wow wtf?!? I can't believe those nazi hackers did this
Kill all journalists

Attached: chompers.jpg (620x789, 33K)

I can't read thought...I can eat! Can I eat books?

I have never heard of this game, or it's predecessor, until this very thread.

Attached: 1559563821586.gif (200x118, 1.17M)

you can eat arsenic

Show me how and i'll follow your lead. Promise.

Came in just to say this:

Please, get the fuck out of here. You're irredemably challenged. Fuck I hate having to share this shithole with 'people' like you.

you are an unfunny retard

oh ic, so a Yea Forums makes a game thing

Attached: 1559322518247.png (287x295, 133K)

Well the game outlasted the Super Best Friends at least.

>people actually backed this
The original was a meme game that just also happen to be decent.
I don't know why anyone expected lightning to strike twice on something like this.

Attached: 1339559104450.gif (340x340, 134K)

>never backed a thing
>most the projects I've been even halfway interested in get funded and released anyways

Attached: 1510338463266.gif (400x437, 754K)

>Thread suddenly turns into /pol/ shit

Fucking baffling how easy it is to make this shit happen. There seems to be a link with autistic people and politics and this shit proves it.

The whole point of socialism is the workers controlling the means of production. In this case, kickstarter is used to get the devs enough capital so they can own their own labor and not have to sell it to a publisher or whatever. It failed because no one was around to light a fire under their ass to deliver a finished product besides themselves, because they owned their own labor. The kickstarter backers "invested" money, but unlike areal investment where you are literally buying a small part of the company with each share, you're basically just preordering the game straight from the devs.

>dumb pointless thread shifts to more inflammatory discussion that entertains more people than the boring original topic
#wow #woah

"You can check out anytime you like, But you can never leave~"

you know devs don't have a flat business structure, right? not even volvo

>developer couldn't get a loan
>developer couldn't convince a publisher of the virtues of the product or their ability to deliver it
The gross majority of would-be devs on Kickstarter are just jumped-up idea guys who have no fucking idea of how to manage a project. The people who would otherwise bankroll development immediately understand this and run.

Attached: 1449097366056.png (500x375, 237K)

I always thought taking yourself seriously was the downfall in comedy when it comes to stuff like this, but I guess you're right. Back when I used to do stuff like this, like make fun of anime scenes with a dumb little comic in flipnote hatena or something, I'd find myself 15 pages later thinking "you know what, I'm becoming the thing I'm trying to make fun of" and I'd never touch it again. But looking back on it now, there was some gold in there.

who

the only studio that i know of that is even remotely compatible with socialism is motion twin

Ah yes I'm sure a complete lack of managers would have made it work!

Aside from the fact that this project seemed to hardly have a "vertical" business structure outside of this "PR guy" vaguely being in charge. You know the only reason socialists think managers are "bad" is because to them they're the evil capital owners taskmasters right? Doesn't really apply here.

buy finished games, zoomers. Ya don't like'em, get a refund. It's that simple.

Attached: 1530216092099.jpg (590x601, 32K)

they also tell you the creators are legally obligated to fulfill their promises but then don't offer any assistance enforcing it and just tell you to work it out with the creator. you would need to be a maximum dumbass to give money to a kickstarter.

some of them are experienced and competent indie devs looking for free money.

being a contractor for a company that receives handouts isn't "worker ownership of the means of production" there is no squaring this circle

no, I'm saying your assessment that they "own their own labor" is fundamentally wrong in the way you're trying to relate it to socialism
if your claim was accurate capitalism literally wouldn't exist
whether or not a project has managers also is only tenatively related to how "capitalistic" it is, most socialism employs a lot of market control

Barkley was funny, but it's an out-of-date meme at this point. Unless it could've been rushed out the door in a year or two, a sequel was fucking doomed from the start. Even the developers knew it. That's why they wanted would-be customers to assume the financial risk for them--that's all crowdfunding is.
In spite of all the marketing bullshit about "passion projects" every fucking Kickstarter is plastered with, financial risk is what motivates developers to see development through.

why would they offer to take on your legal expenses for a percentage of your pledge

But what if a particular kind of game I want would never get finished if it wasn't crowdfunded?

Attached: 1515678024109.jpg (788x524, 133K)

maybe to have some credibility

extremely not worth

It was supposed to be a one time handout with no (real) obligations attached to give the devs enough capital to develop and sell their own game. How do they not own their own labor? The people making the game were going to own it and sell it on their own. Who is the capitalist extracting surplus value from their labor in this scenario?

I think the shittiest thing to come from this is learning that the original devs weren't involved. You can't even justify your pledge by saying you were just paying ToG for Barkley 1.

Attached: 1547716212936.jpg (700x700, 88K)

Good. You retards shilled Barkley 1 to the end of time like it was the second coming of Christ.
>it's literally every bad part about JRPGs rolled up together to create the shittiest least enjoyable experience possible
>B-BUT IT'S A PARODY
>AND IT HAS CHARLES BARKLEY LOL AND FURRIES WRITING EACHOTHER POEMS
If there has ever been a brainlet game in history, it's this.

do you think all of the devs divvy up the money evenly to a percentage and call it a day? you realize development studios are business entities right? and devs doing the actual work are almost all always employees with no ownership?

even if you set all that aside the entire idea of kickstarter is inherently capitalist anyways, devs can only get kickstarter funding for what the market wants to pay for

Didn’t crowdfund it because fuck crowdfunding, but hoped for a good game. F.

It's actually, as of this writing, still the best JRPG that's come out since the PS1 era. And sure, parody helps, but the reason it's better than other AAA JRPGs is the combat system, equipment system, story, and characters.

apparently not since people keep backing

you didnt crowdfund it because you were like 9 at the time its kickstarter was up and also you got no money and also you only heard about either game thanks to this thjread. owned faggot

No one is being singled out. You get the "Trump Lover" avatar by default. Basically, the joke is that you need to pay money for an avatar to not be considered a Trump Lover.

It says they dislike Donald Trump. Seems reasonable to me.

cringe

no it's not worth assuming your legal costs for your contribution
they are just offering you the use of their infrastructure to coordinate the management of a funding campaign

and to answer your question even more pointedly, even more definitively than vaguely suggesting how devs could be organized:

kickstarter THEMSELVES are the ones scooping the excess value, for their basic web hosting and just making the idea/platform, they take a 5% cut of ALL projects funded on their platform

Attached: 0053C1BC-743B-4588-8F33-3D0DA7B16022.gif (720x720, 2.32M)

Attached: 15537460484652.jpg (605x636, 85K)

And in fact I wish I could laugh at the people who did donate in person forever.

Attached: image.jpg (1646x1080, 378K)

cboyardee is legitimately hilarious, so it was reasonable to expect him to be able to write another funny game

only thing I've backed is Armikrog and wasn't disappointed

seven years ago who gives a fuck

Ok, ignoring that kickstarter did not own Barkley 2 in any way whatsoever, how did they (as capitalists) cause Barkley's development to fail?

Capitalism is about capitalists owning the means of production, not the idea of people wanting things. Kickstarter backers have 0 ownership of what they back, it's not capitalism. Why do you assume the Barkley 2 dev team was vertically structured and the devs had no ownership?

kickstarter backers aren't the one producing the product, unless you're using the capitalist definition of producer.

This game dealt with too much feature creep

>kickstarter backers aren't the one producing the product,
Yeah they're not the producers (under the socialist definition) and they also don't own it. Who is/are the capitalist who owns Barkley and is extracting surplus value from the labor of the devs making it here?

whether or not it failed is irrelevant, many projects fail under many systems, including capitalism

it can't have failed because of problems inherent to socialism because kickstarter isn't socialist

the structure of the company is honestly irrelevant too, it could be a genuinely flat partnership and it's still not socialism, the devs do not "own the means of production" because they made a product, that's not what that means

"own the means of production" speaks to control over the terms of the marketplace itself, it doesn't just mean the workers owning the factory on a simple level, in order for kickstarters to be socialist devs would have to be the ones setting the price everyone pays and sufficient people would need to be forced to buy the product to support that pricepoint, THAT would be owning the means of production

>boomer talking shit when 90% of kikestarters are targeted towards boomers

Attached: 1559043694904.png (720x960, 400K)

And kickarter is irrelevant to the development of the game after the initial fundraising, which succeeded mind you so it wasn't the problem. After that point the devs own all that money minus kickstarter's cut, at which point kickstarter is no longer involved. They paid kickstarter for a service, if kickstarter itself was worker owned would that have somehow saved Bakley's development?
>in order for kickstarters to be socialist devs would have to be the ones setting the price everyone pays
How did Tales of Game's not have control over the price of their own game?
>and sufficient people would need to be forced to buy the product to support that pricepoint, THAT would be owning the means of production
literally what the fuck are you even talking about?

>For example, one legit funny joke was your Party. You only ever played as Hoopz, but on your equipment menu there were four party members. You could always see them in your menu but never in game. As I recall it, at the literal final second of the game the other 3 party members would appear out of Hoopz like in a Final Fantasy game and say "Wow, we did it!" "Hell yeah!". Kind of funny actually, but, it’s just one small joke. It would make sense, then, from a return on investment standpoint, to not actually implement your party as characters with actual stats and equipment that actually level up alongside you, available with actual status menus. But B2 ideas sometimes made very little sense. There was a serious idea that these characters should do all that so you could see them progressing as if they were with you. Explaining the effort needed to make this particular dream come true was met with That's The Joke. Thankfully this feature was cut before any serious time was spent on it. Not all similar features were cut.

>Charles Barkley died
Damn, he was a bro.

Attached: 1550493916152.jpg (400x400, 24K)

RIP

Attached: face to bloodshed.jpg (495x550, 133K)

SSSS.Gridman

I can only explain this so many different ways dude
you're looking at a problem that happens in a market and calling it socialism because it failed, when this type of failure is a really regular part of capitalism and has nothing to do with socialism

do you think a self-employed small business owner who steps in to fill a small niche local market overlooked by bigger companies is also somehow socialist because he owns his own business and production? obviously not, this isn't any different than that other than scale and having an intermediary

devs see a demand and step in to fill it, many projects and business are poorly managed and fail because of it, many businesses default on their loans and can't pay back investors, them being given startup money doesn't make it "socialism" because it's online instead of in a storefront or borrowed from a bank

god damn it, stop making me want to play this game

>So they replaced the babby stupid newbie picture then?
They replaced it twice in the past three or four years. Before Trump Lover it was that really goofy-looking attempted rapist who said he enjoyed the "thrill of the hunt" and before that it was some other baby, but not the original.

Barkley may be dead but at least we're getting File 2 after all these years.

Attached: exoskelloteen.png (2634x3072, 1.24M)

I can laugh but I can feel sympathy for those burned

Attached: 1520883507941.png (1920x1080, 1.38M)

Some shitty lel so randumb game made by redditors

The man who destroyed New York.

rundown?

>redditors
worse, it was goons

that's
>mfw every kickstarter I've backed I've been satisfied with

AHAHAHAH

cboyardee should probably have gone on to write other people's games who have proper management, he does have legit talent.

Feels good man.

Attached: 1531348379868.gif (449x420, 1.92M)

I never backed Grim Dawn but I'm glad it turned out so well, I've dumped a ton of time into it
I should finish up my Shieldbreaker build

would've wanted to see another barkley game, tho

Attached: 1558931078939.jpg (1640x2048, 621K)

I wanna see that happy girl forcefully make out with the sad croatian lady.

>Back Hat in Time
>Get the game+DLC+pins for half the price of the base game
>Only thing I ever backed
Feels good, man.

Attached: 1544316494297.png (565x713, 617K)

why is shrek piss

why is shrek piss italiano

Attached: happy_ramlethal.png (624x528, 443K)

Can one of you internet historian ecelebs make a video on this, I don't want to read all this shit, thanks

I came her to shitpost but I can't bring myself to do so because it hurts too bad.