Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pgXozIma-Oc
youtube.com/watch?v=vRe3h1iQ1Os
youtube.com/watch?v=Md5IXNdRV44
youtu.be/Y1mVBJFRwyM
youtube.com/watch?v=ncmrm9p5gQ8
youtu.be/r8-mF4l-07o
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

In the same way we cannot help but watch a burning train-wreck.

no there are not

youtube.com/watch?v=pgXozIma-Oc

Attached: 1551315766291.jpg (485x416, 32K)

It’s a good game. It plays almost exactly like Sonic Adventure. Skip the fucking cutscenes you fucking dweeb. Nobody actually gives a shit about the story in a sonic game.

I've unironically seen people defend it.
Most of it is probably trolling but there's potentially at least a small handful of people who are serious.

It's not the story that's the biggest issue in 06. Not even close. That's just the cherry on top of the shit sundae.

Those auto run sections were fun as fuck, but I havent played the game since it came out so I dunno how I would feel if I replayed it

No, there are. I've recently seen a video bashing Lost World as having the worst story in any Sonic game, and praising 06 as been better since playing the finale made him pumped up.

Furries

It's sort of like The Room where it was so fucking shit that it left a legacy and people ended up enjoying it because their expectations while playing were lower than an abyss.

>hear about this game on youtube
>apparently it's the single worst video game ever made
>watch the game grumps play through
>laugh my ass off
>see it at gamestop for $5
>decide to play it for myself to find out what everyone is talking about
>play it
>mfw it's mediocre at worst
It's really not that bad of a game overall. Some of the levels are pretty cool and the soundtrack is a jam. It gets atrocious at some parts but it's really not as bad as people make it out to be.

The only nostalgic thing is the soundtrack.

You could say that if the gameplay was as polished as SA2. Even if some parts of the Sonic stages were wide open like alternative paths, the gameplay was bad

I remember on the 360 version of the game I would constantly get stuck in the loop de loop on the first level, fall out of it, and die in the water. Sonic would glitch out in it near the top. I don’t remember much else from the game but it definitely left a sour taste when it came to wanting to continue further. Oh, and fuck that Silver boss fight.

I dare you to listen to this and not feel nostalgic:
youtube.com/watch?v=vRe3h1iQ1Os

>controls like shit
>has no sense of momentum
>lots of slow characters
>Silver's gameplay is straight up a chore.
>story is mostly confusing dogshit
Shadow was pretty based, though.

Attached: D3stv-rUEAAFFVY.jpg (640x640, 52K)

If there's one thing that can be said about 06, it's that the soundtrack was fucking rocking and genuinely made you feel hype even if the gameplay could often be trash.

youtube.com/watch?v=Md5IXNdRV44

Attached: 1534090136086.jpg (230x200, 9K)

i wish you had not told me that

Attached: 1552177021749.gif (400x297, 1.62M)

The only good thing from the game is the kitty.

Attached: CD292529-476F-49E4-8A84-9CF124F3F824.png (540x736, 297K)

I mean someone on YT cried tears of joy because it was added to PS Now in Japan and made a video awhile ago on why he liked it

The soundtrack was great but that's about it

Kingdom Valley's last sequence was pure kino. I mean the rest sucks and all but the build up to that part has stayed with me till this day.

Attached: 1453172672087.jpg (430x342, 92K)

The cutscenes were the only passable thing in the entire game.

In 06? Not really, they were poorly animated and the lip syncing was awful

I have never played 06 (or much of Sonic, really) but this never fails to excite.

>playstation now
Does that shit have a free trial? I would like to try 06 if it gets a west release since I never played that

I enjoyed sonic 06, although I was around 8 when I played it. Although even then, I could tell how fucking broken it was.

It unironically isn't that bad, it's just unfinished.
You'd all hate Sonic Adventure 2 if it were unfinished and buggy, and people would have liked 06 if it were finished.

I doubt it will come to the west, but yeah, it has a 1 week free trial and you can play Adventure 1 and 2, both episodes of Sonic 4, Generations, Unleashed, and CD. Problem is the lag can be shit

Sonic 06 was fucking shit back when it came out, and it's fucking shit now. The only redeeming thing about it is the kino OST.

>if a game was buggy and unfinished, it would be shit
You don't say

Lol

No,they aren't

It's just that sega was releasing bad games for a long time and also some of the elements like the levels of sonic 06 had potential, sadly sonic team fucked up by rushing the game

Seriously sonic forces is worse than this game

Suck dicks until you die from choking on jizz. There are many different ways to define "bad", one of which is so glitchy as to be barely playable. That's 06.

I've never played it and I don't feel like I have the right to comment on it until I experienced it myself. A new 360 copy goes for $60 while a new PS3 copy goes for $13. Obviously there are much cheaper used options, but what on Earth happened to cause this game to spike up in price on 360?

Attached: 1559337956441.png (640x480, 351K)

You know that she dies in the game right?

>You'd all hate Sonic Adventure 2 if it were unfinished and buggy
But it is

>it's not bad, it's just unfinished!

imagine thinking this is an actual defense

Sonic Adventure 2 is unfinished and buggy, Sonic '06 is barely in an alpha state.

>one of which is so glitchy as to be barely playable
Wow almost as if they didn't finish it

Based and redpilled, Sonic Adventure 2 is a shit game

Sonic 06 is a terrible game, but I miss Yuji Naka's soul of writing overblown dark terribly funny campy stories.
LONG TIME NO SEE!

Attached: mario.png (428x302, 69K)

some e-celeb probably said it wasn't bad and NPCs are copying them

Notoriety. It's the better version of the two available, so its price shot up to shit when it achieved the title of shittiest modern game ever.

No shit. Calling it unfinished doesn't justify why it's so terrible, it just explains why it's so terrible.

He's not wrong, nu-Sonic stories are pretty shit due to how fucking boring they aee

I didn't say that nor imply it

it's more like the opposite, so many e-celebs have said that 06 is bad that the contrarians have to come out of the woodwork with ACTUALLY EVERYONE BUT ME IS STUPID AND 06 IS AN UNDERRATED MASTERPIECE

Because they played it when their brains were loose and stupid. Fuck this game. Gave this whole series an unshakable awful reputation.
>Every victory was overlooked. Every failure was amplified. And the game series that I grew up loving...was bullshit.

Attached: ohno.png (930x449, 178K)

youtu.be/Y1mVBJFRwyM

Attached: 1559343064719.png (719x992, 681K)

>It plays almost exactly like Sonic Adventure

Attached: WHAT.jpg (356x367, 18K)

They were unironically better animated than Colors and onward.

But you were right, Sonic Adventure 2 is an unfinished and buggy game, and I do hate it.

>lag
Meh. Better to buy 06 physically then, this is one of those games I need to play even for how bad it is.

Just emulate it instead

youtube.com/watch?v=ncmrm9p5gQ8
This is the best part of this game, although the person in the video sucks, you use the slow motion shows (pink) and use the bounce move to do it.

I disagree but I guess I see where you're coming from with that
For me I have no intention of ever touching the game, same with shit like Free Riders

hey

Attached: Hey.png (894x894, 306K)

But Blaze is from Rush you idiot
she just gets sent to another dimension

>its sonic he's taken out everyone aboard and
>whats wrong come in! ov-
>WHAT IN THE WORLD
>*GUITAR RIFF STARTS*
K I N O

Attached: REALSHIT.png (908x595, 739K)

These postmortem critical reviews are getting so tiring. Just look at this shit . They got tired of beating a head horse that they're now going after innocent ones to get the same high.

Colors' cutscenes are animated quite well though, they just don't have enough going on in the ones at the middle of the game. Generations' very few scenes look pretty good too, and honestly even Forces' cutscenes are animated competently, they just depict the stupidest goddamn writing and scenarios possible. 06 was all the awkwardness of Sonic Adventure 1 made worse by trying bigger scope in a new engine.

Even the AVGN ended liking it, so why all the fuzz?

>Open levels
>Certain missions
>3 stories
>3 hedgehogs
>Multiple characters outside the hedgehogs
>UnIronically bad lip sync
>You need to complete all the stories to play the last story

Literally adventure 3

[Music Starts]

Attached: Screenshot_20190602-214446_YouTube.jpg (1913x1080, 991K)

>WELCOME TO FUN LAND!

Did installing the game onto the hard drive improve load times at all?

Its a fucking meme game
God I hate ironic culture

It's got a lot of the same game concepts, but mechanically they play like night and day. It's Sonic Adventure described to a programmer through a tin can.

Being a dvd title, I am sure it does

Maybe by a few seconds, it wasn't a noticeable difference.

The (terrible) story is legit the best part of the game.

The day this gets added to the Xbone BC list is the day I play it

WELCOME TO TILTED TOWERS

Not really, maybe saves a second or two. The loading in 06 is so bad because of shit coding more than anything else, it keeps basically nothing in memory so each loading screen really is the game resetting and loading everything regardless of what was already loaded prior. I've read before that the game does this because the devs were just working on individual stages and shit and didn't have time to streamline it, so it loads WAY more than it needs each time.

The Sonic CD approach I see.

The animation used in Colors and future Sonic games just fucking suck. They're all just them standing and talking to each other with simple recycle yet painfully stiff movements. At least 06's animation looked like there was life to them.

Sonic, look out

Yeah pretty much.

Forces isn't bad, it's just OK.

And Knuckles Chaotix
>"Hey, you place those badniks around the stages yet?"
>"Nah, what's the hurry? Got other stuff, I'll add them last."
>"But the game ships in ONE HOUR!"
>"Oh...uh..."
>Game comes out with empty space everywhere and about two badniks total

>welcome to funland sonic

I was a kid when I played it and I played it on Xbox which wasn't as glitchy. Played through the whole thing, had a good time.

06's animations are 'soulfully' shit, if that makes any sense. There's a lot of moving parts and legitimate attempts at realistic movement, "What if Sonic was real?' was the whole idea after all. They were anything but half-assed, like everything else there they were probably undercut by the workload, time constraints and poor aesthetic choices.

Say what you will, but I would prefer Sonic 06's "shitty" animation over Colors and onward.

No there aren't. They're being contrarian shitstains for le angry replies, that's just how the site operates now.

>Shitty story
>Forgettable levels
>They ruined 2D classic sonic levels
>OC levels are the same 3d stuff with wisp mechanics in a bad way
>Edgy shit when they have already shadow
>Silver is here because why not
>Metal sonic is an illusion instead of the real one
>Chaos appears on the cutscenes but it's never used
>Shitty collectibles
>Zavok
>Zavok
>Zavok
>ZAVOK

No, it's literally shit,the worst sonic game in decades,and no,boom doesn't count because it's an spin-off,not a mainline game like forces

Attached: 1548436422679.png (462x480, 7K)

The subsequent Sonic games were just even worse.

youtu.be/r8-mF4l-07o

Attached: 93C76963-9370-422E-ADE2-53D940CB7273.jpg (620x700, 139K)