This is the best game of the 2010s

this is the best game of the 2010s

Attached: 0bfef201ccd047c1d55c68610a5aa86fa069deb2.jpg (616x353, 33K)

Could still use a lot of improvement.
Squad based tactical strategy games are an untapped genre.

>turn timer in a game with lots of randomness
unbelievably fucking obnoxious, thank god you can mod it out but that doesn't really excuse it

Its up there, but with the sluggishness of the turns and the various minor bugs that ruin the experience, it gets dragged down a few pegs.

The previous XCOM was better

>best game of the 2010s
this isn't the best game of anything

Name a game that has had more love,care and polish poured into it as Factorio.

You cannot

Attached: factorio.jpg (639x361, 54K)

name a game that puts me to sleep faster

You cannot

you can polish the same barebones gameplay for 7 years and it's still the same 2013 game with fancier graphics
factorio is deep as a puddle which is pretty bad news for any sandbox game with easy combat

Attached: interesting.jpg (298x392, 37K)

Legend with A Better AI and yellow alert gameplay is some brutal bullshit early game. The difficulty jump from Commander to this is nuts.

Imma win though. The ayys will not win.

What was that game the xcom team was working on? I remember seeing it being talked about, looked really similar but they were super proud of the hitscan cover system and shit.

What is the real best game of the 2010s? We’ve only got 6 months left to decide.

nvm found it, "Phoenix Point"

Phoenix Point?

This is just my preference, but the game of the decade for me is Divinity Original Sin 2.

EU with 2's mod support and expanded tactical layer would be a nearly perfect game. Guerilla warfare just doesn't suit XCOM that well.

>hugely influential
>nearly everyone has played it
>paved the way for the decade filled with indies and roguelites

Attached: ftl.jpg (1920x1080, 383K)

Attached: gQVHucl.jpg (1914x1049, 170K)

Post XCOM waifus.

Attached: x2waifu2.jpg (3840x2160, 773K)

>making lewds of xcom characters
Is nothing sacred woman?!?!

It's one of those games that I regret putting hours into. It's so fucking stressful and it never stops being stressful.

I think we know the REAL best game of the decade...

Attached: TODDDDDDDDDD.jpg (480x360, 13K)

My waifu that carried that campaign pretty hard.

Attached: Poster_064.png (800x1200, 1M)

I agree entirely Todd, Terraria wasn't amazing at launch but these days it's absolutely exceptional

fortnite?

Currently at the endgame farting around doing guerilla missions, and getting resistance contacts. It does actually get boring, once you finish all the overworld stuff. I can complete pretty much any mission now, and drop the anvil on everything. still fun, but it gets old.

Hope Phoenix Point is better, would like a less Janky modern version of UFO defense with the crazy amount of overworld shit.

I love when a soldier gets to live up to their nickname

Attached: 20190416011545_1.jpg (1920x1080, 532K)

It's going to be this isn't it.

Not even as good as its predecessor bud. You can tell it was a different team.

You can minimize the randomness by not sucking at the game. Also you get enough turns every time.