Why is it so perfect and much better than 3D World?

Why is it so perfect and much better than 3D World?

Attached: 8441bed687b27aae504af85242d6fde5071f18c9.jpg (616x353, 51K)

lol

It's shit, stale and boring. Literally peak soulless

3D Land is literally the most soulful Mario game ever made

because you want attention, next

damn fine game though if you ignore everything before the postgame

3d world had the superior OST

Attached: 1556821680345.jpg (546x505, 24K)

based retard

yikes

Thats SMB2

Attached: Adobe_20190526_224207.jpg (1280x720, 208K)

3d world has more soul than this shit

It's made for singleplayer and therefore ends up more tighter and more focused in its level design than World. Also the 3D is really cool.
World OST is far better though

Nah, 3D World is very unfocused and uninspired.

This would be the ideal game for Labo VR.

it's pretty forgettable. the 3D version of the NSMB titles. fun time waster, that's about it

The game isn't rewarding either. I remember collecting all 330(?) Star Coins and feeling nothing when the credits rolled. The game is an interesting experiment in isometric perspective.

I loved 3D World but 3D Land is one of my favorite games ever made

Attached: IMG_20190603_031812.jpg (2432x1538, 1.84M)

I wouldn't say is better than 3D world but it felt like it, I think that Tanooki even when OP wasn't straight broken as cat.

I woud have liked an overworld like 3D World but it was a early 3DS game so I can't as too much, neverteless it felt more mainline than 3D world

3D World was nicer. More powerups, better bosses, more interesting stage gimmicks.
Still a good game. Way better than the other shitty 3D Marios that are nothing like real Mario.

less empty space since there's no multiplayer.

Yeah, I can certainly feel all that soul in those huge, empty levels designed to accommodate for a poorly implemented multiplayer mode where running is mapped to the same button as picking up fucking players and throwing them, and where 90% of collectables out-right require you to have the cat bell.
Go fuck yourself.

Attached: 1535062283891.png (379x254, 21K)

>huge, empty levels designed to accommodate for a poorly implemented multiplayer mode
This is what killed the game for me.
Mario is a single player series based on 99% on level design, how the fuck you can think that ruining the single player level design to implement an half backed situational multiplayer that bring nothing to the game was a good idea?

They are both the most soulless 3D Mario games ever.
You know that they faied the moment that they had to copy the 2D Mario series to make new 3D ones, the same bullshit that Sega is doing for 20 years, failing every single time they try to bring 2D sonic gameplay in 3D

dont know how the world size is a problem in 3D World. most maps are simply wider, but all the platforming still pushes you forward so it makes no real difference.

>lazy collectathons=soul
worst meme. mario64 ruined mario games.

you're out of your fucking mind

If you want soulless Mario, look at 64 and Sunshit.

This. I'll take 3D World over Odyssey any day. 64, Sunshine and the Galaxy games were cool, but Odyssey was such a letdown.

Look at the size of platforms in 3D Land and then 3D World. They are MUCH bigger and easier.

nope.

> 64, Sunshine games were cool

nah

3D Land

Attached: Z.jpg (290x174, 16K)

>samefagging

3D World

Far bigger platforms to incorporate multiplayer and the game suffers for it

Attached: sm3dwguide179.png (1280x720, 670K)

3D Land is slow, clunky, and doesn't present a bit of challenge until after you beat the game. The size of the platforms have nothing to do with it. Plus, if you actually have friends to play with, 3D World is an exponentially better game, rather than just simply being better by default.

why use one of the few levels that becomes practically unplayable in multiplayer to prove your point

Attached: 1534859477714.png (704x505, 425K)

>3D Land is slow, clunky, and doesn't present a bit of challenge until after you beat the game.

just like 3D World then.

t. guy who never played Champion's Road

>doesn't present a bit of challenge until after you beat the game.
>until after you beat the game
gain some fucking reading comprehension you dumb shit

Attached: 1557206529405.jpg (305x255, 12K)

heh, jokes on you. I didn't even read the greentext part.

yeah nah

3D Lands final stage is far harder than 3D Worlds

Following Galaxy 2, which I already felt was somewhat "soulless" to the first Galaxy with its SMB3 world select, boring hub world, and complete disregard for what the first Galaxy made me feel, I was really disappointed with 3D Land. When 3D World was announced, I remember being even more disappointed as its felt like they were homogenizing Mario as a brand.

I replayed 3D Land a few years ago (and then replayed it again in two days because I didn't get the shiny stars next to my file) and gained a new appreciation for it.

idk but I'm playing odyssey right now and I wish it had depth 3D like on the 3DS. A 3D screen makes 3D platformers so much better.

You got nothing on the 1000 hours in 3D Land guy

>(and then replayed it again in two days because I didn't get the shiny stars next to my file
This also happened to me
I wish I knew the criteria before beating it.

Then I lost my sd card which had all my saves and games. I still haven't rebeat it though. It's not that great the third time around