1998 kid here, how the fuck do I play older games...

1998 kid here, how the fuck do I play older games. I wanna be able to play a lot of the older stuff but im so used to small qaulity of life things like camera controls that I end up sucking ass at all of them.

Im stuck on the first boss of DMC3 atm, a big dog.

Attached: 1552997595083.jpg (1920x1920, 678K)

get used to it

thanks dad

Git gud

>this is the faggots you have to share this board with

get easy on him at least is trying good old games. and not insulting every one of boomers

That is pretty fucking pathetic to be honest.

DMC3 isn't even old you fucking faggot

You suck at them not because of camera controls, but because they require more of the player. Sometimes what they require is knowledge of what's good in a game. They just require a totally different approach than new games which you can just throw yourself at.

Don't play old games. There's a reason things have changed. Do doctors still use leeches on you when something is wrong? No, because we've found better ways. Same with vidya.
This is coming from someone older than most of the people here that went back to play old games I liked to find out it was only nostalgia and dropped them a few hours later.

Please tell me you are playing the original US release and are struggling with that, not the newer ones

They have made games so easy nowadays its like a culture shock for new gamers to play old ones.

Keep playing, eventually you will stop noticing all the small problems

A'ight OP, I was born in 95 and grew up on Snes, emulation and low-end PC gaming, so I guess I got to experience the prior generation.
Get into games with dated control schemes but great gamefeel, like RE4. Play a lot of different shit and always remember that standarized controls are a cancer killing Yea Forums. Not every game should use the right analog to move the fucking camera around. Oh, and git gud.

>Not every game should use the right analog to move the fucking camera around

I get your point about homogenization of games, but don't you think complaining about fucking camera control is being frivolous?

nah, now for real:
-you have to know what thing does what and when is the best situation to use

It's sad, really. I set up my PS2 so my 14yo cousin gets to play the GOAT console and he has never even turn the fucking thing on. He just watches screeching autists play minecraft. And he didn't like RE4 because of the camera.

Op here
I beat him after about 3 tries and swaping to trickster.
Is it bad that the only older games I've been okay at are older shooters like Doom and Duke Nukem?

Attached: original_result.png (512x512, 420K)

>because we found better ways. same with Vidya
user...

I don't. What I mean is that said homogenization is limiting the developers' ability to conceive new mechanics and interactions.

>because we found better ways. same with Vidya
user...

Shooters haven't really changed that much. Look, let your interest try to take over the frustration, and you can inevitably adjust. Same thing happened with me and Witcher 1 and I forced myself time and time again to adjust to its jank and there was a comfy game there.

I'm assuming your talking about earlier 3D games since you mention camera control, it took quite a while before 3D games got camera systems right so you're just going to have to adapt to that. DMC3 isnt really an old game though.