Why is this game so based?

Why is this game so based?

Attached: based.png (720x468, 311K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_L65VrvcVNM
store.steampowered.com/app/699170/Fell_Seal_Arbiters_Mark/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: 1557098224613.gif (590x331, 2.9M)

Why was A-2 so bad? Has there been a turn based game that captured the level of comfy this game gave you since it’s creation?

Was A2 really that bad? I kinda enjoyed it.

Marche was evil

The gameplay is great but the story is mind-numbigly boring.

Attached: 1343831867316.png (542x248, 128K)

Really boring gameplay and forgettable maps.

t. Mewt

Marche was right

I agree, and enjoy it as a kind of continuation of FFTA. I guess I didn't really care about story at that point and wanted to dive into sidequests. Lawbreaking being made trivial was kind of lame too.

how was it escapism if he literally changed reality with magic. what makes that reality any less real?

Viera

Better gameplay, better map and environment but the story have no sense of urgency and most of the cast just bland (except Cid and the Paladin lady) You generally just fuck around until the boss call you.

Tactics games are actually fun when they're not Disgaea

Attached: lewd inquistive loli.jpg (848x669, 291K)

MAGIC IS NOT REAL

but the magic made my final fantasy into my final reality.

it's a goddamn illusory, haphazzard world made by a daemon of a grimoire, through a wish of a child
can't get any more fake than that

It's intriguing how japanese games during that era (I mean FFTA's era) always have the "edgy and depressing, but rewarding in the end" type of stories. And they did not even bother to tell you about that in their ads campaign.

>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I DON'T WANT TO GET BACK TO THE BUS

Attached: lb.jpg (1280x720, 88K)

Even if it real, this world only make a few people happy while the rest of the people just life a miserable life under a tyrannical kid king who make random law and gang fight happen regularly.

And how is that difference than reality?

Marche, with absolutely no evidence, believes that Magic Ivalice is an illusion and must be destroyed. This is despite the fact that the residents are unique characters who don't want to be destroyed and plead with him not to destroy their world. His friends desire to stay as well, including his sickly, wheelchair-bound brother who can walk there. Marche believes it must be destroyed because it is clearly an illusion (despite the fact that the idea that it's simply a parallel dimension makes just as much, if not more sense, and this would mean he's dooming an entire dimension). I interpret the game to be a standard "Insane Villain Wants to Destroy the World" plot, but from the perspective of the villain, who genuinely believes he's doing the right thing and is too deluded to perceive otherwise. Unless Li Grim didn't point out the fact that the Magic Ivalice was a dream world, in the end it would have amounted to Marche destroying the entire world based on his own delusions. Of course there’s this whole thing about how Marche is destroying the crystals in stark contrast to the heroes of many other Final Fantasy games, but that’s just icing on the cake.

I have such fond memories of this game
The class combos it let you experiment with, I ended up making an assasin/ ranger, and just one shot enemies from across the battle field
I wish we could get a remake with a pvp matchmaking mode....

>no perma-death for your units outside of the 'lawless lands"
>judges telling you how to play everywhere else
>penalty cards like it's a fucking game of soccer
>spellcasters can cast instantly
yeah no it was trash.

>be the only "normal" guy in social group
>one friend is an orphan who's constantly bullied and whose dad became a loser after being widowed
>the other is an albino and is self-conscious about her natural hair color and gets bullied over dying it
>his brother is a fucking paraplegic
>through literal magic, maladjusted kid manages to create a perfect world where they can have better lives
>decide to destroy the world and send everyone else back to their shitty lives
>"h-h-he's actually not a bad guy guise"

Rin was dead right?

I am pitiful at Disgaea, could never tell if the games themselves required 200IQ tactics or if you were just supposed to grind until you were strong enough

Well i don't get send to prison for healing myself or fighting back just because just for today we have a new random law.

She and Riki lived
And fuck time resets

A little of both. Typically, grinding is much easier if you use 200IQ cheese strats on specific maps.

I can't believe I played the villain all along. I finished ffta when I was a kid, I don't think I can finish now, I can't incarnate such evil.

sorrow builds character
plus Marche still had family and potentially friends to go back to, Doned was just being a whiny bitch where he can walk effortlessly in !Ivalice whereas he had to put effort in the real world to start walking again
Marche had every right to go back, the self is more important than the other, and all he's doing is reverting everything back to the way it was, for no better or worse.
Plus his analyses of the fact that everything was too perfect for edgy kids in !Ivalice is spot-on and lead them all to be terrible people in the future if their stay was anymore prolonged

Perfect world for them, everyone else life suck.
> His two friend have personal problem that they have to overcome like normal people
> His brother is selfish and only think about himself even through his family have sacrificed much for him. That brag don't even care for his mother.

>with absolutely no evidence
The Li-Grim explicitly tells him when he defeats Famfrit that "When the thread dissolves, so will this world... And another world will be revealed." Immediately after, Mewt has a nightmare about the school snowball fight. This is the point when Marche resolves to search out the Totemas, destroy the crystals they guard, and unbind the dream world.

The Li-Grim LITERALLY TOLD HIM HOW TO DO IT

remember every monster in ffta use to be a human until a certain buttmad faggot with mommy issues who got bullied for being a pussy and not standing up for himself where as a new kid immediately enters chadhood protecting said virgin, while the latter literally escapes reality to rule over a twisted universe that follows his whims since his imaginary mommy is the creator of said universe and his daddy is a superhero policeman. Cripple shithead brother and cancer bitch shouldn't have supported the faggot either

Marche did nothing wrong

Attached: 1542568462299.jpg (500x500, 37K)

Part of a 10 year old "Marche is EVIL" gamefaqs post, makes great pasta.

Only people who hate this game are those faggots who leveled up 2 characters max and got btfo'd by laws

New tactics game when? Don't care of it's cereal as fuck like original Tactics, or more lighthearted like Advanced. I just want more fucking tactics.

Putting filters in singleplayer games is something relatively new.

Well thanks for letting me know. A lot of conjecture on this subject I feel is from people who didn't play the game, or only see select screencaps in threads like this. Marche has the resolve to go home and searches for a way, while staying within the law. He destroys the first crystal out of self-defense, as he stumbled into the pocket dimension and Famfrit attacked first, then was told how to go back. Cid sides with Marche after regaining his memories, Ritz only makes a cursory attempt to stop Marche once and steps aside after she's defeated, the Li-Grim herself admits the world is a dream and transitory, and Mewt is the one who ends the dream Ivalice in the end, not Marche.

And a lot of the good stuff in A2 is from sidequests, not the main quest. The main quest is very generic, save for the Adelle parts where she develops. But you get the sidequests with House Bowen, Brightmoon Tor, Cinquleur, Galmia Pepe, Duelhorn's invasion, the arenas starring Clan Centurio, and so on. That's where the game truly shines.

Asking somthing from SE is literally the same as asking something from EA, there's always a monkey paw

>Why is this game so based?
because you were 9 and Fire Emblem was too hard for you

anyone remember watching the commercial on t.v?

>youtube.com/watch?v=_L65VrvcVNM

FFT phone game with battles on a 4x4 flat grid, 2 characters per side, and a gatcha system when?

the only thing reseembling to difficulty on FE was permadeath, FE on GBA was GOAT but FFTA is far superior

And I say this as a fan of sister fucker.

Attached: 1383806877368.png (500x375, 175K)

nothing, just keep running away and hang your head in shame until you kill yourself from the pain

Attached: 1542561748782.jpg (400x300, 18K)

because reality will always come back to bite you in the ass

If you want a good FFT clone, this game is the closest I've seen. Unfortunately shit story and the art is kinda bland, but the combat and character customization is really fun.
store.steampowered.com/app/699170/Fell_Seal_Arbiters_Mark/

I've always thought the best argument for the world being unjust and worth tearing down was the fact that the bullies from the opening are turned into fucking zombies. Sure they were shitheads, but they didn't deserve that. But no, the entire world is shaped around the whims of a retarded child, and therefore a whole lot of people got fucked over. How many of the monsters you defeat do you think were people?

the majority of them I believe

Already happened.

Attached: reality.jpg (525x420, 29K)

I spent 50hrs on a2 and I dont think I ever got past halfway through the story, are the side fights infinite or some shit? I spent all my time on them

>all these races
>has rule, but is fair if you're not retarded
>a nice story where you're a villain
>top tier music
Bangaa Harem > Viera Harem

Attached: FFTA_stuffs_by_bittenhard.jpg (900x636, 142K)

I don't think I ever saw that commercial. I'm not sure how or why I ended up getting FFTA actually. I think I might have just been really into Final Fantasy 9 around that time and thought the entire series would be just as good. With FFTA at least I wasn't disappointed, probably sunk around 200 hours into that sucker.

>of a retarded child
It's not just Mewt, all four friends there received something they didn't have when the Gran Grimoire created an eternal dream based on their favorite video game, Final Fantasy Tactics.

Mewt became popular, his mother came back, and his dad got a stable and influential job. He became the prince.
Ritz obtained a permanent head of pink hair to hide the old lady white hair she received so much derision for, and became the leader of a group of likeminded Viera.
Doned was no longer sick and weak and could run as far as he wanted.
And Marche himself became athletic and confident, which are traits he wished he had back in St. Ivalice. All four of them contributed to the illusion, and all four came to accept their faults and resolved to overcome them when they returned to the real world. Even Doned isn't paralyzed, he's just sick and weak and can recover from it and walk again. He was just a huge narcissistic asshole about his condition before, and after he's much nicer and open to playing with others and having fun. A far cry from siccing assassins to kill his older brother.

>Female Seeq
>Tits
I'm pretty sure that's not how it works. I believe FFXII said that female Seeq are identical to the other races and only other Seeq can tell their genders apart.

It is specifically Mewt that the entire world is shaped around though. The rest get things they want out of being there, but it's Mewt's desires that were the primary element. After all, the Demon running the show is posing as his mom.

I could be wrong, I only vaguely recall a lot of the plot elements, I haven't played the game since around 2004 or 2005.

>FFTA2
>having any thought or care put into it

Well of course. He's the owner of the Gran Grimoire, after all.

>race of shortstack and or loli dragongirls that wield swords bigger than their entire bodies
>haven't been used in a game since A2
This is criminal

Because moogles.

You do realize that's fanart and all Seeq in that game are identical, like in FFXII, right? Including the class images.

FFTA sucks. It's a bad sequel.

Honestly I don't remember a single thing about FFTA2 except how much I hated it.

Then why reply? Go find another subject you DO remember.

I will take whatever opportunity I can to shit on that game thank you very much.

I was happy with how basic the story was. Too many games try to do something deep or original and are worse for it.

>Complaining
>About
>Games
>You
>Haven't
>Played

I did play it, that's why I hate it.

But you remember nothing about it
So therefore you can't form a legitimate criticism and are hating a game you didn't play

Shut up butler

The writing just isn't interesting though. I don't need originality but I do need at least somewhat interesting characters.

Can I get that in english?

I don't think you understand what "didn't play" means.

Because no matter what you do, Montblanc and the rest of your clan has your back.

Attached: FFTA_Montblanc.png (766x1705, 300K)

They changed too much little shit. I hated the item progression and I hated how corpses disappeared and I didn't like how they changed classes and added a bunch more useless ones. It's just a bunch of little shit that adds up for me

If you remember nothing about a game you might as well have never played it. If you remembered anything about the game to base your hatred, you could prove you played it.

You didn't play it. And because you remember nothing about it you CAN'T prove me wrong.

can't even remember what the default clan name, something like nuts or noose

Go back to Philosophy 101.

>tfw you can murder Montblanc when you unlock Jgads

Attached: trolltidus.png (503x710, 370K)

Prove you played the game first

Nutsy I think

I always let montblanc die the first jagd I get

Pardon my interruption but are you autistic?

>and I hated how corpses disappeared
No this was cool. Doing this let you get some items and reach enemies that you wouldn't be able to otherwise by killing a unit and then having a White Mage revive them a ways away, ignoring elevation and pits.

>female Baanga

I also hated that they give you a full team at the start and then add another fucking character so I have to start alternating. I know it's autistic to complain about that one but I liked having the bare minimum of people instead of having to level extra people

The main character is Luso and they neutered the law system so that it was now meaningless.

No I'm just bored and amused at the stereotype of
>Honestly I don't remember a single thing about FFTA2
>I will take whatever opportunity I can to shit on that game

>The main character is Luso
Wow, congrats, you remembered one thing.
>and they neutered the law system so that it was now meaningless.
Nope. If anything the law system was more meaningful because there are lots of battles where you don't want to break it lest your synergy break or you get fucked over.

>The first person to take you in and teach you all about Ivalice
>Pretty much your only real friend in this new and somewhat dangerous place
>Even lets you join the clan and lets you name it
>Kill him off the second you can

What's wrong with you people? What did he do to you?

Attached: This scene can't be skipped.jpg (565x564, 56K)

>if you don't remember one thing you didn't play it
>I do
>psh so what
you're a fucking idiot

He actually has pretty poor stats if I remember right. But I certainly never killed him off, I really liked him as a character and he had a cool design too.

He had the misfortune of happening to be there.

Attached: 1431115486163.png (325x87, 40K)

>Basing your hatred off the main character's name and a law system you don't remember

Attached: 1304376955947.png (500x375, 299K)

What if my biggest problem in life as an adult is just struggling to find a good career? If I can live off the fake food and housing that I buy with fake money at a fake job that I enjoy, what difference does it make if any of these things are real or not? What kind of idiot would give up a successful career because a child gave him some vague speech about self-improvement?

Daily reminder that Marche inadvertently murdered all the friends he made in Ivalice when he turned the world back to normal, and felt no moral conflict about this whatsoever.

You are tiresome.

>I don't like the game
>you didn't even play it!
>yes I did
>oh fuck better move the goalpost again
you fucking retard

>tfw you realize Ivalice was a real universe and Marche destroyed it killing billions of humans and demihumans.

A-2 was better because the protag wasn't a huge faggot and other quality of life changes resulted in a more enjoyable experience.

Montblanc remembers Marche in TA2 so the dream was likely shared between people in Ivalice and St. Ivalice

> Lawbreaking being made trivial was kind of lame too.
You must not have gotten very far in the first game. Laws were fucking annoying.

Japanese text suggests it's fueled by human souls, or human souls are eaten or whatever.

Ie, bad illusion, get out.

FFTA is fun partly because of the retarded class combinations you can achieve.
Montblanc is way below the power level and it's obligatory to bring him on plenty of story missions.

They completely fucked up class progression and abilities, and making MP have to charge up made spellcasters absolutely fucking useless and the whole goddamn game a slog

A-2 is fucking shit

>Ever getting a penalty

You must really fucking suck

The game gives you tons of options to avoid laws, or to abuse them in your favor.

>and making MP have to charge up made spellcasters absolutely fucking useless

>Blood Price
>Half MP
>Half MP Clan Privilege

>not hiring to cover all jobs with multiple well made teams to have the strongest clan out there

Gimme da keys ya mothafucka wat da fug

Attached: 244393__57883.1342530680.380.500.jpg (380x473, 29K)

Is there a way to play this on a 3ds or psvita ?
I loved the fuck out of it, but never got to beat it before I lost my copy..

So Ivalice wasn't actually an illusion?
Or there's a "real" Ivalice somewhere, and people from this real Ivalice got trapped in an illusion Ivalice without realizing it because the illusion was exactly like the original?
I'm so confused.

Oh right let me play 30 hours just to have my spellcasters hit for fuck-all damage a few turns earlier

Go fuck yourself. Come back when you've actually played the game.

Game could have been fun without the battle rules and penalties. I don't need to be forced to change my playstyle, if I want to do something different I will.
I don't remember the story all that well, I never beat the game but I remember being uninterested.
FFta on PS1 is one of my favorite games.

yeah but why bother getting different members if you make one really strong team with the bros you had at the beginning?

It's all grind. 100% grind to see more absurd numbers. There's room for being a little tricky but most abilities are all about sheer damage numbers.

Oh fuck you. You never finished TA1 if you think that. Laws got to be absolute bullshit. And no you could not abuse them in your favor because the other clan was always designed to not have to worry about the laws. That's the reason why they changed them up in TA2.

Laws were annoying but removing the teeth from the system isn't fixing it, it's just making it superfluous. They needed to make enemies more beholden to laws, make laws less broad, and encourage interacting with the law system more. Instead they turned the law system into just a way of getting a reward by following a specific playstyle in a given encounter.

It was disappointing because it didn't fix the problems with the law system, it just lazily got rid of it.

The Ivalice from FFT, FFXII, FFXII: Revenant Wings, and FFTA2 is real. It's a parallel dimension. The Ivalice from FFTA is a dream world created by the Gran Grimoire, strongly implied to be a shared dream between the people of St. Ivalice and the "real world", and those of Ivalice. You could think of the main characters as "lucid dreaming" within that dream, so only they remembered the dream when it finally ended.

Ive been looking for this game forever, what is it? I strictly remember this snowball fight. Help

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance.

Huh? you definitely could. I don't remember an NPC ever breaking the law. You could make fights trivially easy if you were a psychic and knew the enemies beforehand by just shuffling around the map until a favorable law came up

I just realized that none of the mechanics of this actually matter because Marche doesn't know any of these things.
As far as Marche knows, Monteblanc is dead.

>Not exploiting elemental weaknesses
>Not using Geomancy
>Not exploiting statuses by spamming Elementalist spells

How come they haven't used bangaas in any other FF games?

>the other clan was always designed to not have to worry about the laws
The thing that was nice about TA1 was that the law system wasn't scripted, you could see what the laws were going to be before triggering a battle and change them. As a result, enemy teams were never specifically designed for a specific law, in fact you could manipulate some story battles to shut down some enemies right off the bat. When it came to how it treated enemies, the only problem with the law system were the enemies that could never get a red card, they could and did just break the law with impunity.

The law system had other issues, but there was potential in it. Potential that was squandered in FFTA2

How can it be played? I def don’t have the system needed.. any luck to get on pc?

Montblanc does too, that's why in TA2 he's looking for the Gigas Pendant, the Earrings of the Dead, and the Pin of Order, all accessories Marche, Mewt, and Ritz wore in FFTA. Of course Mewt could tell him, since Mewt can come and go from Ivalice at will.

Have you never fiddled with an emulator before?

At all? It's piss easy.

Ivalice is somehow it's own universe but they failed when they made 12 in Ivalice

how old are you

One of the chief elements of the law system in TA2 is unit revival. So long as you follow the law, you can revive your units. The enemy teams can now never revive their units, that's their main penalty. With the exception of undead that must be banished or all killed simultaneously, anything you kill stays dead. Khamja isn't even adjudged, if you kill Ewen in one of Illua's boss battles he'll be dead for good and replaced with a generic NPC from that point on for the rest of the game.

>I don't remember an NPC ever breaking the law
You've forgotten a whole lot then, NPCs break the law frequently. Most of the time that's fine, they get yellow and then red cards just like your party, but some NPCs have ribbons that make them immune to red cards which is just bullshit.

That's like saying they failed when Vagrant Story/FFT are in Ivalice.

GBA emulator via PSP homebrew on Vita. I don't have a vita but the GBA emulator on the PSP was great, I played Mother 3 using it.

Never. Ive been getting into gaming alot realizing how amazinf some can be. 30

if Marche was right, then how did A-2 take place in the same universe where Marche tried to ruin everything?

Assuming you have a smart phone you can easily download a GBA emulating APP, then find the ROM by googling.
Alternatively you can easily google both an emulator and the ROM on your PC.

You wouldn't retreat into a fantasy world, would you?

FFTA > FFT

A2 takes place in the real Ivalice, not the fake one Mewt created and destroyed. Jylland is the western edge of Rozarria on the Ordalia continent and the Loar continent to the west of it.

because that's not the illusory Ivalice, that's the real parallel Ivalice

Go get retroarch. You'll need to get the rom too.

I really liked this game. Never played WotL, thinking about getting the mobile version.

Thoughts?

Attached: why.jpg (640x480, 28K)

Mobile version is actually a decent port from what I've heard. Doesn't make up for having to play it with a worthless fucking touchscreen, but if you'd rather play mobile than emulate on PC, then it's a fine option.

I now remember the little ribbon some guys had and that was total bullshit

i miss bittenhard's old style

So I have to emulate PSP to play GBA?

I just found the vita mod thread and plan to follow those instructions. Is what you're suggesting different?

There are websites that run emulators for it. Just keep save file somewhere on pc.

No, you can play on the PC, which is the default method.

kbhgames

the mobile version actually runs better than the PSP version due to a huge slowdown in battles caused by an animation bug. Theres a patch you can add though with CFW though so if you have a modded psp/vita then you can ignore this.

The bigger issue is trying to play a game like this with touch screen is pretty awful since you'll be fat fingering your movements unless you have some sort of stylus or a giant phone

>gets sent to a magical fantasy world designed to give him what he wants most in life
>fantasy world gives him no viera waifus, just some moogle dude
Like I'd trust what a gay furry pedophile thinks.

I think strangely enough the GBA emulators for the psp are better than the ones for the Vita so what some people do is emulate the psp to emulate the GBA if that makes any sense. I could be wrong though the emulation scene is like a rollercoaster in updates

I'm pretty sure Vita has PSP support just built into it. I don't really know much about it and I don't follow the Vita homebrew scene since I don't have one, but last I heard the native homebrew emulators on vita were dogshit because the scene was so tiny. I did have a PSP and I can confidently say the emulators for it were great.

It's an all time classic, I'm sure you will enjoy it.
Just beware that it has some rough difficulty spikes time to time, so make multiple savefiles

Attached: 1523279878329.jpg (256x240, 19K)

>what he wants most in life is empty sex
t. Kamoshida.

I watched my brother do this so I always overprepare for this fight but you can just get cock blocked if you cant beat him and you're kind of forced to do the fight or do you just need to run around the room and shout like a retard?

it is in english you filthy retard

You can just learn autopotion and pack a lot of hi potions, the yell tactic works amazingly well since you keep the speed for the second phase of the battle, plus if you have a gun on ramza, the battle is a cakewalk

That fight happens immediately after a different fight. If you have only one save file and save between the fights, and you've made your Ramza into say, a white mage, you are fucked. It's not the easiest fight but it's not some incredible difficulty spike, it's just a change of pace that can catch you off guard and soft lock you.

If your ramza is a monk, then you can steamroll wiegraf easy.

ohright I forgot you carry over buffs from the previous fight for this particular battle. I think I remember reading about a strategy where you just go MAXIMUM yell and hit him like 10 turns in a row

I'll keep that in mind if the linked modding info doesn't work out for me.

Duder in the thread said this to one of my question:

>Right now. Just remember:
>UO gpsp Kai 3.4 test 4 built 255 - fastest
>Mgba - shit
>VBAnext - also shit
>Retroarch - shit

So naturally I'm going to follow up on that lead.

Tactics port to PC fucking when

Squenix is so fucking incompetent. They ported every worthless, zero-effort final fantasy mobile version to PC. But the ONE mobile version they actually put effort into, they decided not to bother.

Marche was wrong

Seer is the best class especially with Illusionist mastered
You can attack the entire enemy team 3 times in one turn

>But the ONE mobile version they actually put effort into
You mean the second mobile version*
First one was absolutely fucked and had horrid performance.

People got turned into monsters and the whole thing was a Lotus-Eater machine

>he wouldn’t bang a baanga

Attached: 17954201241.gif (200x200, 544K)

>No FFT
>No KH collection
>No PSP dissidia
>No FF theatrhytm
>No FF1
>shit ports of 5 and 6, 4's port is ok but the fucking camera is zoomed way too goddamn close
Hows uhh worlds of FF I guess

tfw FFTA3 never came out on the 3DS

it was the game that was going to get me to finally buy one but NOOO SE hates tactics heres to hope it comes out of the switch or even fucking mobile wouldn't even care if it was a horrid gatchfest if it was a good game and had online clan wars

fucking christ the last FFT game came out 12 years ago and it was a port once again why does SE hate FFT jesus christ the tech out now is able to make the perfect TRPG

>Blood Price Unicorn and literally anything else
>Instantly revive and heal your whole team, including you, while severely damaging opponents

Been meaning to give it a replay sometime. Are there any fun class/party setups outside of "Dual-wielding paladins and Viera assassins, gg"?

All Bangaa party.

Attached: 19436207_p0.png (282x649, 106K)

a part full of time mage/illusion nu mous

if its FFTA and you dont want to do the super cookie cutter shit, you could do a monster-ish based party. Blue Mage/Hunter March, Morpher then one of every other race.

Holy shit did I love Morpher in FFTA, best class

Juggler/Summoner combo, with the Juggler having Critical: Quicken and the Summoner having Doublecast. You can damage the Juggler with the Summoner, which turns it to the Juggler's turn, Smile Toss back to the Summoner, then heal and damage the Juggler to reactivate Critical: Quicken, and turnlock all your enemies to death.

full on blue magic party so blue mages/morphers
everyone ignores/forgets about the monster bank and how OP blue magic can be

are there no male Viera's in any Ivalice games?

nah we have never seen what a male viera looks like just tiny bits of lore here and there over the years

None.
It's been a genderlocked race from the very beginning. Just accept it.

Attached: 141748937144.jpg (878x1048, 263K)

males exist but are apparently super rare and are often secluded iirc

BASED, ARE YOU ME?

I basically made teams with its own leader.
Team leaders are luso, cid, adelle and the little moggle i dont remember its name.

Also it's pretty easy to level up characters, i dont know how it works but its much, much easier to level them up, unlike ffta, who pretty much begs from you to spam potion again and again and again

All moogles.

am I the only one who heavily abused the fuck out of seeq rangers using mirror items?

what the fuck were they thinking cast camo to turn invisible and just bum rush it to closet person to instakill them or deal 400 damage give them those shoes that let you teleport and be able to travel at least half the map first turn since they have the second highest jump/speed in the game

I didn't mind it that much.
It had a lot of non-story content and sidequests, and it let you customise your team even more heavily. I enjoyed it.

But then, I'd play these games even if they had the most cut and paste garbage story imaginable. The gameplay is just so addicting to me. I've recently been playing Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark, a blatant clone of FFT with an absolute dogshit story and uninteresting characters, but I'm enjoying it because the difficulty is well tuned and there are a lot of cool class interactions and synergies.

They balanced the bullshit you can do with sheer bullshit the enemies can do. Remember Brightmoon Tor? Remember how every enemy got like 5 free turns each?

Black mages were worse in fft bro

>and making MP have to charge up made spellcasters absolutely fucking useless
did you play the game at all? it didnt made spells casters "fucking useless", while they are nerfed from FFTA they are still crazy strong, Specially with laws that gave you MP, abilities that reduced MP cost and the usage of ethers

Specially illusionists, that class was shit in FFTA but in FFTA2 they are strong as shit

Blood Price Doublecast Summoner.
Dual Wield Parivir
Ultima Blade Trickster

Breaking these games over your knee is half the fucking fun

>Oh right let me play 30 hours just to have my spellcasters hit for fuck-all damage a few turns earlier
The initial spells can be casted with less than 10 MP
>b-b-b-but muh fira muh firaga
Then you are already 30 hours in the game and you should be able to delevop a decent strategy to get easier MP

>Go into random map
>Enemy team has two Sorcerer/Gunner characters
>And a Gambler, who goes first, uses Wild Card to give one of them Boon
>They both use Focus and then nuke me on the second turn for a total of about 600 damage, killing my entire team before I could even reach them
nice
game

>Not having a Gunner/Fellblade on hand to put Sorcerers to sleep on turn 1
goof'd

No? When the book does its magic you can clearly see how people are transformed into bangaa, viera, etc, so its not a parallel world but a complete transformation of the world and its inhabitants

Nobody realizes that he is actually breaking the 4th wall by addressing you the player. This game is so fucking kino it hurts.

Worked out great for you in the end, didn't it faggot?

Attached: 312654352.gif (500x375, 360K)

seer using magic frenzy to pull off retarded shit
parivir with geomancer support
whatever that cheese as fuck no mou set up is
juggler animist/bard

I never really messed with the Morpher much desu. It never seemed like a good use of time when I could just blow up several enemies in one turn instead of using it just to get set up.

>fighting an absolute tank of an enemy
>matra magic him for an insta ko
every time.

Every time I replay I have to resist the urge to make an all-Viera party. Even in low-res sprite form I cannot resist the allure of chocolate

My favorite thing in FFT was to leave one enemy alive, put him to sleep, steal everythign he has including all of his abilities, destroy his stats with knights and collect crystals from every other unit on the map, then finally kill him. Sure the game's balance isn't great, but breaking it is so much fucking fun, it's like Morrowind.

FFTA didn't let you abuse its mechanics quite that hard, but it was still fun to do blatantly broken stuff like put doublecast on a summoner

>not marche with 5 viera.

You could still blatantly steal practically everything an enemy has on him. It's a shame how bad Thief got neutered in TA2, it's practically useless.

are you me

what if you also want to self-insert as a Viera tho?

BLUE BOIS RISE UP

Attached: 16634649_p0.jpg (400x571, 40K)

It's not i would have much preferred a real fit sequel

I would insert-self into a viera, if you know what I mean

Attached: Ffta2_01_viera_1680.jpg (1680x1050, 1.14M)

If I remember right though, in FFT, you could get a guaranteed 100% chance of stealing when they're asleep. In FFTA I don't believe that was the case.

no I don't know what you mean, can you please clarify in detail?

>love this game
>sequel is kinda worse but still fun
>no other games ever

God, it's not fair bros. This was the first game I bought with my own money, and I bought it with quarters.

Spellblade looks like she took fashion tips from Blue Mage.

That’s pretty badass

>In FFTA I don't believe that was the case.
It is indeed the case in FFTA as well, so long as the enemy doesn't have the Maintenance S-Ability. Casting Sleep or Stop on an enemy increases your chance to steal to 100%.

oh hell no A/A2 can be broken as fuck
I mean at least it gave us Adelle
ya its possible to set up so its 100% you can't steal boots tho if I remember also their is an abillty that can cuck you out stealing shit off someone

It made me attracted to moogles. Why god?

Would you but it if it re-released?

Viera>Hume>Bangaa>Raptors>Moogle>Nu-mou>Seeq

Attached: Bangaa.full.1317055.jpg (1314x1096, 900K)

Underrated girl.

Attached: 172489_p0.jpg (379x827, 65K)

Mostly comes down to Matsuno not being at the company any more. Apparently he recently said he wanted to make another one, but who knows when that'll be.

cutest patoot

I liked her development. Adelaide being her ability that explicitly grants Regen showed how far she had come from being a selfish thief.

Damn i love this game. Are there any other games like A2? I already played tactics ogre and that was fun too

You can call me a loser in real life all you want but in the gaming world you're the loser

Attached: mewt.png (450x532, 556K)

>moogles
you better be a literal faggot

also my favorite artist did a FFTA doujin with no humans ages ago thought i'd share this with Yea Forums
/g/639580/e840608d3e/ hope you enjoy buns and dragons

hate how they made her some merry sue ya sure its all post game but still from cat burglar to OH MY CHOSEN ONE shits all over her character development

Adelle's entire development is about her status as a Gifted. Everyone in her home village died of plague except her, so she decided to avoid making meaningful connections and only live for herself to avoid getting inevitably hurt again. Throughout the course of her quest she grows out of this and starts to care deeply for others again, even if she might lose them.