Damn, why didn't you guys tell me Assassin's Creed looked this good...

Damn, why didn't you guys tell me Assassin's Creed looked this good? I've been walking through the city for 2 hours straight.

Attached: ac.png (1920x1080, 3.12M)

AC has been good ever since Origins.

AUTOMATED ANNOUNCEMENT
----------
THE CREATOR OF THIS THREAD HAS BEEN DETERMINED TO BE UNDER 5'5
----------
THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME

Just visit London IRL and spare yourself a shitty Tumblrbait game.

>going to sandnigger city
hmmm

That doesn't even look good. There are no people and the buildings in the background look blocky as hell.

Attached: maxresdefault.png (1280x720, 1.13M)

How tall is that using a first world measurement unit?

if you think this looks good you should play Unity, it looks better and gameplay is also better

5'5, dude.

>There are no people
that's what makes it so beautiful

UNITY

Attached: 20190216160601_1.jpg (3840x2160, 1.69M)

65 inches

Unity did look quite good. It's a shame it was clunky as fuck, even moreso than the first game, but I enjoyed a smaller, urban setting.

Attached: 20190216155124_1.jpg (3840x2160, 913K)

It has improved in quality with each installment since 3, I have not played oddesy yet though.
black flag, unity and origins were all good

it's insane how a 5 year old game its still being used as benchmark for new gpus

unity dispite its launch being buggy as shit, is mechanically the best of the AC games,
it did stealth right, it did combat right, it did parkour right, and it even had cool as fuck customization.

Attached: 20190216155753_1.jpg (3840x2160, 1.09M)

How the fuck do I fix the NPC pop in in Unity?

Attached: 20190216155646_1.jpg (3840x2160, 1.18M)

I played it when Ubisoft gave it for free and loved it
I tried Syndicate after that but it was fucking garbage, the combat animations looks like they're x2 speed and the city was boring with too much big roads

Attached: 20190216155638_1.jpg (3840x2160, 874K)

It was also blatantly unfinished.

who /rogue/ here?
shay is my boy

Attached: guys.jpg (761x563, 60K)

>it did parkour right
It was pretty good but the dedicated window entering button needed to be a lot more responsive.

>it did stealth right
Stealth was pretty good, yeah, best of the series and it was nice they brought in some of the Splinter Cell mechanics to make it easier.
>it did combat right
Now this I disagree with, combat was pretty samey with either easily timed perfect blocks or dodges. The munitions you had were also pretty OP, one shotting guards with a silent "gun" was cake.
>it did parkour right
It was fine, but it unfortunately had some of the same glitches and inconsistencies as the series' earlier games.
Besides stealth I wouldn't say its the best of anything, but it's definitely not the worst.

Attached: 20190103170249_1.jpg (3840x2160, 1.67M)

>mechanically the best of the AC games
I agree, it seems like the progress they made to all the systems has just been abandoned too. Syndicate used the same engine trmech but origins and oddesy has been using black flags engine tech.

I have a shitty laptop (i5 6200u, 950m 4g, 8g RAM) and can run Syndicate 768p, min/max setting. Do any of you think I can run Unity?

>it seems like the progress they made to all the systems has just been abandoned too
I liked Origins and Odyssey just fine, but fuck, I miss more urban settings with huge crowds as the stealth focus instead of 37 villages I can ride my camel to. I'm just a sucker for that type of open world game as opposed to what Ubi has gotten into recently. Sadly I don't expect the trend to go back that way anytime soon.

>Now this I disagree with, combat was pretty samey with either easily timed perfect blocks or dodges. The munitions you had were also pretty OP, one shotting guards with a silent "gun" was cake.
atleast its not the scuffed dark souls we got in origins and odyssey, and while the combat in stuff like the ezio trilogy and 3 were fun, they were too easy. in this i feel like if i got surroundeed by ten dudes i couldent just fight my way out, id need to use smoke bombs and stealth to kill them in a clever way.

Attached: 20190103170232_1.jpg (3840x2160, 1.15M)

Underrated

Now here it's sort of showing its age with the level of detail models in the background.

Attached: 20190103170800_1.jpg (3840x2160, 1.71M)

Yeah you're right I'd much rather go in a tumblrbait country instead.

I make my own luck.

Like it, Templars are the good guys.

to be fair it still looks pretty damn good

Attached: 20190103170632_1.jpg (3840x2160, 1.48M)

shade mod?

I think it's pretty much the same
I haven't noticed a difference in performance

I think I would have liked the combat a bit more if it didn't feel so slow. The whole game (parkour, combat, everything) just felt like it was at .8 speed and just slow enough to feel off.

I haven't beaten an AC game since Brotherhood, what should I play if I choose just one?

i just have the brightness at 3

I played the very first AC and liked it.
I bought the sequel, and even the third game in the series, and they dropped in quality severely each time, and became stale theme park "open world" memes.

Haven't played any since. I consider it sometimes to see if they ever figured out how not to make garbage, but i have so far avoided it.

Unity

Origin and odyssey is more action than stealth so I would go with anything before origins

>People actually spend money to see English people, food, and weather.

Attached: 1557094065121.gif (348x270, 1.06M)

graphics looked a bit stylized to me, i dont know why

regardless climbing those stupidly high buildings with wide ass roads in between looked stupid

Thanks, user.

Unity somehow looks better than both Origins and Odyssey, despite being 5 years old

K I N O

Personally I'd say play Revelations. It gets a bad rap and a few new mechanics it introduces fall flat but it has some great moments, it's short, can be bought cheap, and has some great content to close out the Ezio and Altair storylines.
Black Flag is good but overrated because of pirate memes, I don't believe the series is its best in a huge open world. Rogue is essentially BF1.5, and is fine if you liked the former.
Unity and Syndicate are like the "oldschool" games and most similar to 2, Brotherhood than Origins and Odyssey.
Origins and Odyssey are different and much more open world than the previous games and their cities. They're not bad, sort of a milquetoast Witcher 3 with a few AC tropes thrown in.
Do not, under any circumstances, play 3.

Sure but then I can’t legally stab europeans

I'm still not 100% sure if OP is being ironic.

>revelations
>those really shitty tower defence minigames

Yeah, those were bad. The bombs were a bit clunky and a mismatch for the rest of the gameplay, luckily they improved on them in later games.

i would but i am afraid some cuck will throw milkshakes at me for social media points

Attached: unknown.jpg (1920x1080, 1.77M)

turn down your brightness and turn on AA bro

Attached: 20190216155501_1.jpg (3840x2160, 1.09M)

Attached: 368500_screenshots_20180718200752_1.jpg (1920x1080, 236K)

What was wrong with 3?

I havnt played since 2 but assassins creed is such a bitter sweet thing for me, I love history and i love the idea of a series that immerses you in all these different time periods and locations but god damn i just dont give a fuck about the assassin shit and whatever ayylmao shit they introduced at the end of 2

I just want historical epic vidya

>designed from the ground up for new players. training missions up to sequence six. SIX!
>chase missions out the ass, including the final mission
>just as clunky and bug ridden as previous games despite double the dev time
>main story is a convoluted mess that jumps ahead years at a time frequently just to shoehorn Connor into as many iconic events of the Revolutuon as possible
>Connor is unlikable and poorly voiced (The excuse of "he was supposed to be bad and dumb!" is retarded.)
>less features and side content than 2/Brotherhood
Fuck me, I know there's more, but 3 is so bad it made me quit the series for years and I haven't preordered a single game since. Legitimately the worst AAA I've ever played, in large part because it was so insultingly designed for braindead casual morons.

I really wish they hadn't gotten greedy with the series. A third game set in the French Revolution to end the trilogy would have been awesome, had they taken a few years to polish and perfect their gameplay. Instead they went apeshit and released a new game every year and the core gameplay loop got hopelessly lost behind naval combat, troop management, RPG elements and multiplayer components.

Attached: Assassins-Creed-2-PlayStation-3.jpg (1280x720, 192K)

Different user

Will turning down brightness help increase fps?

Not at all.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (540x1058, 559K)

Is there a cuter female character in recent games? Its weird especially since Ubisoft are such cucks normally

>Is there a cuter female character in recent games?
no

Attached: b3f4ca284acb40c7bbd9f056e14121c6.jpg (1800x1080, 261K)

What outfit, fren?

Victorian Legends

The combat was way too slow and made it almost tedious and the "enemy is dead but you need to finish him" was completely pointless, but I think if they just made it a bit faster it could have been good.
The stealth and parkour were terrible though, mainly due to the clusterfuck of Arno magneting himself to absolutely everything in the way that might be near what you want to actually hold onto, and the stealth suffered because it responded to movement way too slowly.
Unity is a game that prioritizes aesthetics over gameplay.
Sure, the animations are good, but it's all a clusterfuck to play.
While crouched you move too slow, the stick to cover is too "sticky", and it just takes him too long to rotate because, as I said, it prioritizes animations to make it look good.
The way the game plays in Unity is pretty much what ruins it and made it so everytime I played it I ended up rage quitting because Arno just wouldn't do what I wanted him to.
Stealth wise I think Origins is the best one yet.

Is that a dlc? I can't seem to find it.

Yes DLC

>Syndicate has some of the most AESTHETIC outfits, for both the girl and the dude
>can't keep the hood up even though all of them look better that way
>on top of that, the dude goes doing parkour and jumping around with a fucking top hat

Attached: 1558530657859.png (908x646, 942K)

>clunky
It’s the most fluid AC game there is

I don't have that, good design though. Have that Templar vibes.

imagine being so braindead and hating video games so much you play asscreed. you might as well play borderlands or skyrim or a visual novel it's the same caliber of video "game"

You're the only one hating video games here

>not having Jacob in Huntsman Outfit

1,65 centimeters.

I wish people stopped using this "feet and inches" shit. No respectable country uses this garbage.

Fuck no, Arno grabs onto absolutely fucking everything for no reason at all.
Sometimes it's even hard to simply fall to the ground because he's going to be grabbing onto everything that's between you and the floor.

asscreed isn't a video game. stop. take it to Yea Forums

That's because Unity was made thinking that the next-gen would be far more powerful.
Then again, the place in that pic looks far better than the rest of the map.

Playing Ass Creed 3 on Switch right now and handheld mode is comfy. I played it at launch and dropped it halfway through but I'm appreciating it more now. Black Flag and Rogue on Switch when bros?