Why did it get so much praise? It's a pretty shallow game

Why did it get so much praise? It's a pretty shallow game.

Attached: 71iny817OQL.jpg (1024x1024, 172K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gFhzVtHwJjA&t=
youtube.com/watch?v=0FZaJ3-4A-g&list=LL5leVr1AMeq6eBrAWA-Fnwg&index=63&t
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Woke

Dude mental illness lmao, so deep and so important never mind the meh gameplay :OO

True, but it had outstanding presentation and was a very intense experience.

I find this odd, because games should prioritize gameplay above else, not strive to be more like movies, or feel "cinematic". They shouldn't pretend to be something they're not, or else you're not pushing the medium forwards, you're stagnating. And yet, despite this, there are certain cases like Hellblade where it's not a full-on "movie game" and still accomplishes things that would be impossible in films.

>passable single player game in a time when there are barely any single player games with decent production quality
>third person "action" game
>game is half cinematics
>"dark" atmosphere without actually touching any truly dark subjects
>strong female protagonist
>breaks the fourth wall at the end
It's the vidya equivalent of Oscar bait.

Because it's actually pretty good for a walking simulator, and that's all normies play besides battle royale crap

It tried to convey some kind of message beyond "dude, cuhrazy, lmao." That's about it. It's still a ninja theory game, which is God of War levels of complexity.

this
Really good pump n' dump walking simulator for braindead normies

I want to fuck that girl

>Why did it get so much praise?
Because at the time it was a Playstation exclusive. And we all know how gaming sites are with Sony.

My cod&fifa-guzzling normie friends didn't play it because they thought the whispers were too creepy and it was too hard.

THEN THEY HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO APPRECIATE ART

Attached: 1555375762423s.jpg (103x125, 2K)

i played it till my computer shit itself on the shadow dog part, it was pretty interesting but the combat dragged on forever on some parts and its not complex at all, same with the puzzles

What other games treat mental illness at all, let alone in such a unique way with active gameplay to back it up instead of some somber depressive visual novel?

>mental illness is combating shadow monsters

Gal Gun cured my depression.

It got praise because it is a fantastic game

>Atmospheric and tense as fuck
>Absolutely amazing graphics
>Good story
>Decent combat
>Great boss fights Boss fights
>Exploration
>A+ Waifu
>Devoted devs

They literally invented new technology to make this game

youtube.com/watch?v=gFhzVtHwJjA&t=
youtube.com/watch?v=0FZaJ3-4A-g&list=LL5leVr1AMeq6eBrAWA-Fnwg&index=63&t

Attached: et436575375.jpg (1557x751, 91K)

And now Ninja Theory will make mediocre live service games for Microsoft.

I think mostly because it was an indie title with production values rivaling AAA games

Because it's the only type of game journos are able to "play". An interactive movie.

If the game is so bad then why aren't you guys putting in bad reviews on steam?

Literally nothing is stopping you. There are almost no bad reviews for the game.

I fucking love it tho.

Attached: 20180220201321_1.jpg (1920x1080, 159K)

It's an unusual take but why not.

because it's not bad, it's just overrated
Like the oscar bait films that hollywood pumps out every year. It follows a formula that makes people cry and wins awards. Everyone jerks off and cums to them then forgets them in a year. That doesn't mean those movies are bad, they're just not the second coming of christ like they claim they are at the time. No one talks about Senua anymore because it was just forgettable critic bait

Bad reviews are i themselves review bombed now ever since steam "redid" reviews. All negative reviews are hidden from sight and you can only see the positive ones. Guess what nerd, psychology 101, people are less likely to leave a review at all if they only see positive reviews and they didn't like it.

I still wonder whats up with MS picking up devs and having them make games that are the exact opposite of their strengths.

I really don't know.

>he thinks people stay with the team and MS isn't just purchasing the profits of their already made games

Silent Hill 2. The way Hellblade handled mental illness didn't make me empathise with the character, it gamified it in a way that left me feeling completely disconnected.