Shadowniggers thread. Concerned about where the state of the game is heading?

Shadowniggers thread. Concerned about where the state of the game is heading?

Attached: 1537253926322.jpg (672x1000, 559K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wi_VoVZs4s8
twitter.com/EorzeanModel/status/1135301827401064453
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

pldbros
drkbros
gnbros
our time is now
band together brothers

Attached: IMG_20190523_182734.jpg (1024x576, 60K)

>limited jobs
>limited races
>delayed benchmark
>multiple jobs not even getting new skills
>healers gutted because Yoshi doesn't know how to balance them

>Concerned about where the state of the game is heading?
That synced-down dungeon they got to play looks pretty fucking good amigo, I've not taken anybody doomsaying about the game's state seriously since I saw it. I'll only get on their boat if against all odds that's the only dungeon in the expac that's good.

No? It looks like it's getting better and better.

Become what (you) must, become a shadowbunny

Attached: 1558647044096.png (514x503, 234K)

What's your favorite job and what will the expansion be doing to it?
It was nice knowing you AST and SCH

Attached: 1479384020381.gif (500x281, 1.83M)

PLD. Making it better than ever before.

There won't be any back and forth between world. 1st Shard stuff will be done by the end of 5.0 everything else will continue where we left off in SB in 5.1 and up.

Attached: 1558885673033.png (610x127, 102K)

I'm not taking any opinions regarding ShB seriously until early access hits, since we already know shit has changed in the interim since the media tour's version and now. I expect MNK to be as fun as it always is, so I'll be fine regardless.

Who else has no friends or FC in this game? Do you ever get lonely?

SMN, becoming what it should have been from the start. I do think SCH should have kept the ACN dots though with SMN gaining primal-themed versions.

>not wanting to spread those tar-black labia

Attached: show us your butt, spread your butt.gif (185x198, 68K)

If content genuinely gets more difficult and forces healers to have to use their healing toolkit instead of DPSing with OGCD heals on the side, then I'll be looking forward to it. But I'd bet $100 that it's just going to be the same shit as before, except now all the healers are as sleep-inducing as WHM.

Paladin going back to the 4.0 glory. Not looking forward to the repeat of SB when warriors cry until we get nerfed

>patches add full new Ilsabard zones as we head for Garlemald

Attached: 1554498604706.gif (426x426, 3.13M)

i meant to use this

Attached: 1559170940766.png (690x359, 38K)

PLD and I'm so fucking happy with the changes. Glad I jumped ship on healing long ago. Also main DRG and I'm glad it's mostly the same, I thought 70 DRG was perfect.

Attached: every red mage.webm (932x342, 2.87M)

Unless the sixth zone is actually on the Source (and even then, that's not much), I don't believe they will keep the entire 5.x series off of the First. They will use those zones for the entirety of the expansion.

What’s the point if they’re all just a hinderance to your progression? I’ve played alone since I got this game and I’ve enjoyed every moment of that freedom.

Who the fuck tanks titan at the center of the platform?

They should have given access to a dungeon that wasn't 7 levels below the characters given to people. There was absolutely no way to gauge whether or not there was any actual increase in difficulty.

That wasn't the point of the media tour.

>What's your favorite job
DRG
>and what will the expansion be doing to it?
Giving me a couple more buttons to push, speeding up the basic Jump, removing Heavy Thrust and taking the pair of cuffs keeping me attached to BRD/MCH away, making it even easier to max out Nastrond. I couldn't be happier that Heavy Thrust is going away, was the fuckin' definition of filler skills. Not sure how I feel about it being brainless to get Nastrond to a full 30 seconds, but Stardiver has movement abilities and it was already pretty braindead to get Life of the Dragon up to full.

Attached: play arts kain.jpg (1000x1000, 98K)

Oh so that's what the lvl 80 quest will be?

I'd be down for role play quests where you play as your trainer, but since you know the class, no need to restrict you to 4 buttons.

I know that, but it also means there are no grounds to accept or dismiss the claims of shit being made more heal-intensive.

>hinderance to your progression
>FC
sure
>friends
those aren't friends then

I wouldn't consider anyone a hindrance. But I haven't been able to get along with anyone or any FC since I started and it is depressing.

>mfw mixed races

Attached: 1542496465063.jpg (408x343, 27K)

How is he going to get to the first when he inevitably needs to save us?

Attached: estinien.jpg (1557x894, 312K)

Attached: blm save.webm (1000x592, 2.8M)

DF tanks, unfortunately

Swordboy alliance

>There was absolutely no way to gauge whether or not there was any actual increase in difficulty.
Being at full item-sync was actually pretty good for that, things still hit like hell even being vastly overgeared for the dungeon.

he can dance if he wants to
he can leave his friends behind

because his friends don't dance and if they don't dance then they're no friends of mine

That's kind of disappointing. I thought we were going to spend all of ShB in terms of the main story in the First until the end of the post expansion.

Hitching a ride on Hraesvelgr's back through the Interdimensional Rift

>Jump

I really hope gunbreaker gets garlean style gunblades for glamour

He's going to use Dravanian recall chip (tm) that he implanted on you when he rescued you last time to pull you out of danger where ever you are and back to an inn room in Ishgard.

There is no increase in difficulty. Youtubers and game journos are shit. You'd think people would understand this by now.

SAM, we will be committing another shoah on the lalafell menace.

Attached: fear.png (635x349, 160K)

MNK, GL4 and 1IP going away feels better. Losing IR and OGCDs/Tornado Kick rotation feels bad. Will have to wait and see how it feels like to play.

Attached: 1508115432696.png (393x374, 215K)

I don't think that automatically means no more story in the First after completing 5.0.

Hell, we know that there is more story stuff in the first as the normal raid series is in the First. All it's saying is that "canonically" the WoL stays in the First until the end of the 5.0 story.

>clicking your party members
>not having a key to target your party members

Attached: 1517015891072.gif (500x281, 1.52M)

The benchmark makes my autistic Elezen look evil.
I'm scared of ShadOwbringers.

Are they going to standardize HP next expansion too?

Play a lalafell.

normally i just click their party list entry but i have names turned off in parties and i wasn't paying attention to what class he was

Attached: PLDWaveCannonSave.webm (1000x534, 2.93M)

Expect at least one for the Gold Saucer, they'd be stupid not to

No, that's gay. Elezen is the perfect race, the master race, even.

Amal'jaa become furry, Ixal become bird mounts. Wonder what happens to the Kobolds? Maybe the Dwarves killed them all?

Attached: 1557616093822.jpg (1280x720, 1.27M)

Adding on to this discussion, they can set quests in the Source without adding new full field maps, such as by having you watch cutscenes in an existing area and then go to a dungeon or trial. I do assume the sixth field map is on the Source though because otherwise they'll really have to stretch it for a full patch series.

Name 1 job that doesn't get a new skill. I think what you mean to say is that multiple jobs aren't getting significant changes to their rotation. What's wrong with that?

DRK looks even more boring than it is now. Anyone who praises the flashy style over substance particle effects over gameplay is destroying the job even further.

Its somehow a downgrade from its current iteration. The biggest complaint of current DRK was 123 and tactically mindless dark arts useage. Now we lose dark arts an ogcd which made the job fast and high apm, for a gcd to dump mana. And still stuck with soul eater. And delirium is just meme inner release now.

The only possible nuance comes from reworked dark arts from TBN. And from as it stands now, your reward for using TBN well is being neutral on dps, meaning a shit DRK who never uses TBN will do the same exact damage

The jobs skill floor and ceiling has been neutered fucking again and I can't believe people are excited for this hot mess because fray looks cool

Attached: 1558845415488.jpg (404x422, 163K)

>final twist of the nier raid is that it wasn't a nier raid
>it was a drakengard raid

24 man rhythm games.

Attached: drakengard 3.jpg (1295x679, 137K)

I'm hoping he hitches a ride with us over to the First somehow

Kobolds are the Dwarf beast tribe mount reward, please look forward to it.

>secondaries still don't get that Nier and Drakengard are the same series

Attached: 1529818433101.png (232x262, 136K)

>>it was a drakengard raid
They're the same thing

I just started playing this game yesterday. I'm not on a preferred server. What should I expect?

Attached: 20190602154351_1.jpg (1920x1080, 80K)

>fray looks cool
Fray is literally just a high powered DoT debuff icon. Pretty mad you can't interact/play off him at all.

I wouldn't mind if they had a solo instance that's a rhythm game in the vein of the christmas event.

But yeah, would be crazy if that's the final twist. I wouldn't complain.

I'm making this sperg's Viera to piss them off.

Attached: D8E6Ef_W4AMB-Uu.png (601x797, 761K)

>thoroughly enjoy a chosen-one story that actually puts some goddamned effort into it through the job-quests
>characters are fucking baffled you're rocketing to the top skill-levels in your guild, job, discipline, etc. in such a short timespan, ie ARC npcs that say they've been there for months or years and can be assumed to not have even hit level 30
>get to be the chosen one TWICE if you pick DRG due to being the Azure Dragoon and tearing Nidhogg's eye kicking and screaming from Estinien, manifest Haldrath's cuirass which was apparently tucked away in the DRG soul-crystal
>learn iaijutsu and the katana from one of the greatest samurai to ever live
>learn magic alongside a brain-copy of the greatest black mage to ever live
>surpass the greatest summoner to ever live; successfully summon Bahamut, something that was previously stated would burn through all your aether and kill you if you tried to directly summon something that powerful
>were never actually taught anything Monk-related by Widargelt, it's all Pugilist skills and stuff absorbed from your job stone; you're his teacher from 50 on
>recording everything to the new soul crystals manufactured for Machinist and Blue Mage because they're totally new jobs
>you're Curious Gorge's teacher almost immediately because he has trouble keeping his inner beast under control, and then later keeping his rock-hard, throbbing, romance-fueled inner beast under control for au ra puss
>actually fucking despise being ungratefully treated like an object to the point your dark knight soul crystal starts freaking out and firing off aether left and right to feed off your suffering, and feed into your private thoughts about leaving Eorzea behind
>pioneer new skills and abilities across a great many jobs
>probably pounding Alisaie, Yugiri, Tataru, Y'shtola, Lyse, and F'hilaminn's respective vags RAW on the side for an interspecies smorgasboard, along with any other female NPCs you meet

Attached: 1539658071637.png (530x506, 556K)

Nier and Drakengard share a setting (for that matter so does everything Taroo works on), that's not a twist.

What, didn't get enough attention the first time you posted it?

It's LITERALLY and UNIRONICALLY the same.

>limited jobs
Terrible fucking idea, no doubt.
>limited races
Nothing wrong with the gender-locking, but the lack of headgear is insanely lazy.
>delayed benchmark
Who fucking cares.
>multiple jobs not even getting new skills
Jobs like Warrior and Black Mage are all extremely centered around just throwing around big dick damage and don't give a fuck about new skills beyond making said objective bigger and or explodier, and a bunch of other jobs got total reworks like DRK, MCH, and SMN, where WHM got some good changes for once. The fuck you on about lad.
>healers gutted because Yoshi doesn't know how to balance them
No, AST got gutted, the other two came out of this smelling like fucking roses. To be perfectly honest AST needed to give fucking something up so that it couldn't just be the best at everything while also having buffs out the ass.

You guys are reading way too much into this comment, or its mistranslated. Theres no way were done with all the new zones plot wise by 5.1.

The raid series is specifically a Nier Automata raid series. Everyone is expecting just robot bosses.

To go to Drakengard would be a twist, even if they are the same canon.

Turns out that the Sin Eaters are just members of the Legion.

>interspecies smorgasboard
But that is forbidden in Eorzea!

I'm pretty sure all it's saying is that the lvl 80 quests will be there for when the WoL "canonically" returns to the source for the first time, and we will get to see what they've been up to the whole time.

>Nothing wrong with the gender-locking
Not him but gender locking is always wrong.

>The raid series is specifically a Nier Automata raid series.

You some kind of time traveler?

You get far less MP casts/generation in ShB though.

I will take anything over current DRK desu, but I'm still not gonna play it because of how dumbed down it is. It's easily the most simplistic job in the game now. Even RDM and WAR are higher IQ than ShB Dark Knight.

Only if you're gay, user. Or if you produce children. Which there will be copious numbers of across all of the species, finally uniting Man into one race just as Varis foretold.

90% of the people that played automata have no idea what drakengard or the original nier is. Kaine could show up and people would be incredibly confused about who the fuck it is and why she has a noticable bulge in her pants.

if they weren't limited they wouldn't be in, limited headgear relates to 1.x spaghetti code, nobody cares about the delayed benchmark, the jobs that don't get new skills get upgrades to existing ones, "healers gutted" is totally subjective when we've seen healers actually healing in the dungeon they showed off

its a slight downgrade to current DRK
they didnt remedy anything, they just made it easier

I saw so many lalafell x other race couples while leveling up random jobs. I was getting a little bit worried.

I can see Valnain/ Dalmasca-minor be the last zone considering how much was hinted in the end of the Ivalice raid

Attached: 1552667636943.jpg (1187x664, 257K)

>Lefties think Varis is a Nazi
>He's actually promoting racemixing mankind into one race and a one world government.

Really activates the almonds.

possible

Attached: 1-legion.jpg (640x480, 139K)

What’s wrong with that?

omega is amano man

Well the series is called "YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse", implying it's gonna be Automata themed specifically

Who took this photo?

>fucking savages!
>gotta breed with them
what did they mean by this?

>limited headgear relates to 1.x spaghetti code
Outright fucking lie. The reason Hrothgar and Viera don't get headgear is simply because they didn't want to bother remodeling the game's existing headgear to fit them. If there was actually some issue with "spaghetti code" then they wouldn't even be able to have the glasses and shit that DO work.

Fucking other races seems to be perfectly fine, there are catgirl hookers everywhere, its just the idea of loving and having a family with a different race? Absolutely haram in the eyes of the Twelve.

We've known that for a while now

Attached: 1540386077666.png (1309x1080, 1.43M)

Which server/NA datacenter should I play on?

Balmung/Crystal

[citation needed]

I was concerned about the state of the game back when it was revealed to be a WoW clone. It's still a WoW clone so it's not like it's gotten any better

XIV is also older now than XI was when XIV first came out. So at this point I'm eagerly awaiting a new FF MMO that'll hopefully be better. The only thing about XIV they should even remotely consider bringing over into a new game is Soken

Because playing it will make me bored out of my skull. Just doing boss mechanics while pressing 1-2-3 isn't enough to keep me entertained, there needs to be at least a little bit of thought involved in the rotation too.

I think Hrothgar are the main reason for it, like Viera dont look like they'd be too hard, they could just have the ears clip through like how Au Ra horns and cats ears do.
Hrothgar on the other hand have a completely different head shape and would require lots of reworking they are too lazy to do.

im going to eat your bones

Primal/any, though I'd recommend ultros.

In fairness I sure as hell wouldn't want to remodel 1600+ headgear items just because Yoshida-san wanted to be a fucking furry.

Yorha isnt Automata exclusive terminology.

>people still blame 1.0 for this mess of a game
Downright amazing. Yoshida conditioned you fucks incredibly well.

Just wondering, thanks though

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the next mainline FF is a fucking gacha or something. People don't like MMOs anymore and even WoW and XIV have been gradually trimming core MMO systems. The next hope for a FF MMO is whatever the 20th anniversary announcement for XI is.

You're gonna be waiting another 4 years minimum. They already have plans for the next expansion.

It's a bit easier for Au Ra because their horns come out the side so it's easy to have hats that rest on the top of the head, and its fine to have tall hats or helmets with ornaments and stuff coming off the top. If they slapped all the existing headgear models on viera the clipping would be so outrageous that people would think "what's the point" and still ask for remodels.

Why does a class's niche have to be flipped? Let the easy jobs stay easy, let the hard jobs stay hard.
DRK has gotten easier and easier alienating its original fans, same with MCH although I'm more optimistic about ShB MCH

I'm gonna need a different dose than usual, doc, this one's getting a bit stale.

Attached: tech support forums.jpg (720x540, 105K)

Where else is it used?

>Paladin started off with the most boring damage rotation of the tanks and the worst aoe capabilities by magnitudes
>Now has the best aoe and a more varied/complex (although it's still simple) rotation than WAR/DRK and seemingly GNB

Paladins with Requiescat: "I am growing stronger"

Attached: 1200 potency flat aoe.png (352x550, 291K)

Yoshi P has said that there's probably going to be at least 3-4 more expacs, so keep waiting

I'd rather have just an online system that lets you play solo but you can also play and do shit with friends. Doesn't have to be an epic living world with 100s of other players, a lobby or so of 8 would suffice. Basically just an FF game that I can play solo or with a group without needing to go 100% in either direction.

God, Omega-F is so fucking hot. I just want to choke her with my cock.

>Name 1 job that doesn't get a new skill.
Warrior.
Mythril Tempest is an old pvp move.
Inner Chaos is Inner Beast with a little explosion
Chaos Cyclone is a flashier Steel Cyclone.

Why do FFXIV threads get shitposted and classic WoW threads don't?

Yeah, that's probably the right call.

HONED IS THE BLADE THAT SEVERS THE VILLAINS HEAD

Attached: 1530921616561.jpg (860x1648, 540K)

>MCH
I just switched from RDM to MCH and it's honestly not much more complex. I don't really get why everyone seems to think it's so hard. Heat is just as easy to manage as mana and in between wildfires you just use all cooldowns when they come up. It's nothing very out there

>complex
>put up dot
>do RA
>spam your 3 free fell cleave MP restores
>put up dot
>recquiescat
>spam your holy cleaves
>finish with bigger holy cleave
>don't even have to think about timing your window anymore because isntant cast xd

Nascent Flash.

I love these changes to PLD, but with things that seem too good to be true, I fear that this class will ultimately get fucked somewhere down the line.

"Yoshida: We believe trying to heal as little as possible and DPSing instead isn’t what a Healers role should be, so we adjusted all 3 Healers to be more balanced while keeping their original characteristics alive. Content can be cleared on any of the Healers, but Scholar in particular had a much bigger toolkit for attacking and player feedback on Healers always focused on the ease or difficulty of putting out DPS numbers. This is why we wanted to precisely redefine the role a Healer has while balancing all 3 and then giving them characteristics through their attacks. A big part was that we sorted out the remainders you had as a Scholar from being an Arcanist first. Please try to look at the changes as us trying to balance Scholar as a Healer and not just trying to lower the DPS output of a Scholar. "

>Yoshi P literally telling Scholar mains to go fuck themselves and get dunked on

What did we do to deserve such a based timeline, bros?

Attached: SCH3.png (327x450, 106K)

Shut up tranny.

>at least 3-4 more expacs
pretty sure yoshi said he had a 10 years plan for ffxiv so it is going to end at 7.0

>(although it's still simple)
Don't you look silly right about now!

Attached: 1530937703684.png (600x600, 138K)

Attached: heavensward.jpg (448x458, 162K)

I said more complex than the other ShB tanks you mongoloid

Yet it's not more complex than the other tanks, which is what you said
which is wrong

Not him, but the multiple stage plays and sound dramas that are part of Nier's continuity, and in Kimi Shi Ni.

>We will never see all of Hydaelyn
It hurts bros, why did we have to have an expansion set in an alternate dimension?

Bloodbath 2.0.

Its not complex, just a rigid window that basically ruins your run if you fuck up once. Mechanically it isn't hard, but with the ping it can be a pain in the ass to optimize well.

Garlemald will be a 4 man dungeon.

you literally cannot argue that it's not more complex than DRK who is just
>soul eater combo until delirium then bloodspillers
and that's it
Warrior is marginally better than DRK.

Aren't the stage plays also based around Automata?

Seconding Ultros. It's decently lively even during content droughts and even though you can server hop now our economy is pretty alright for both buyers and sellers.

It's really a shame they didn't seem to put any fucking thought into DRK's rework. There's no interaction with any of your abilities outside of landing 5 GCDs in Blood Weapon and breaking even on a TBN usage. Fray is just a dumb DoT with a 2 minute cooldown.

I just don't understand why DRK couldn't have gotten a DoT, or more impact Dark Arts usage (long DA cooldown but more significant effects on its abilities compared to '140 potency lmao') compared to shoving a shit Inner Release into its kit.

me

Oh okay so actually no jobs have ever gotten any new skills ever because every skill is just a variation on existing skills. Got it.

Accord

I’d like them to make it an 8-man dungeon instead

Does anyone actually expect FFXIV to significantly change things up at this point? I remember during the lead up to Heavensward and Stormblood people on here were ever hopeful that with each expansion Square would finally move the game forwards in a meaningful way, but in the end we just got the game type of content as always. Is anyone still holding out hope that Shadowbringers will actually change the game, or have we all accepted that FFXIV will remain the same consistent comfort food it's been thus far?

I guess that makes sense.

I wish we had more 8-man dungeons

Attached: 1545016636566.jpg (464x480, 115K)

The other way around. But pretty much

I'm angry at you, but only because I know that you are right.

>bring back power slash combo
>applies an effect which generates blood and MP over time
there now DRK has 2 combos so you aren't just spamming blood weapon and isn't just "dude another dot lmao" since yoshi seems to be allergic to giving any tanks that aren't PLD DoT effects for some reason.

I doubt it is changing anything major at this point. They can stop supporting shit as much as they want but it has proven to barely effect the game at all.

Not sure why you can't admit Warriors are getting nothing new.

They're set just before and in the early days of the machine war because, like you were told, it's all one setting. It's not logical to talk about it being "based on Automata".

Primal, unless you're rp then Crystal.Aether is getting an influx of players and by the time ShB there'll be server issues

Attached: 5fwe0wor61231.png (383x432, 18K)

Did the stage plays come out before Automata? That doesn't sound right.

No, I'm not concerned, the game seems more or less the same it's been since ARR, all the retards whining about slight differences in job balance are always going to whine.

>Does anyone actually expect FFXIV to significantly change things up at this point?
Yes, for the worse.

Reminder that Gunbreakers potency's are higher in the jp media tour build, so they've likely been increased to be on par with the rest.

Attached: 1559365830763.png (1304x1180, 170K)

I specifically like FFXIV because it doesn't change up a ton between expansions.

The new AST cards are dumb, so here are my lunch time convo changes.

>Redraw, Spread, Sleeve Draw continue to work as they do now
>AOE effects removed from Royal Road, to be more in line with other Shadowbringers changes
>Royal Road Ewer now Extends, Spire Enhances
>Draw now has a 50% chance to grant a Minor Arcana card
>Balance, Spear, Arrow all stay the same
>Spire now increases Direct Hit by 10%
>Bole reduces damage taken by 20%, for 15s, but also now innately has an aura that reduces damage taken by surrounding party members for half of the original effect, 10y range
>so Extended Bole would be 20% for 30s and 10% for the party, and so on
>Ewer now restores a flat 2k MP over 15s, and gets a similar aura like Bole

>the following additions to Minor Arcana would be a level 70+ trait
>Minor Arcana now can hold up to two charges/uses
>if you already have a Lord/Lady of Crowns and proc on Draw or use Sleeve Draw, you get a second charge on the minor arcana you already have
>Lord deals 200 potency of damage, but now also places a debuff which increases the potency of Broil, Glare, Misery, and Malefic spells by 50, for 10s
>Lady heals for 400 potency, but now places a buff that increases healing received by 10%, for 10s

Decision making is an important part of playing Astrologian, and isn't something that should be taken away. Dropping aoe on Royal Road I feel helps to encourage you to use other cards on various other party members.

I know it's all one setting, the reason one would say it's based on Automata is because the stories being told are ones that directly relate to things revealed in Automata. A prequel is based on its original story.

Only morons have ever thought that the game might suddenly pivot towards being more like XI/early WoW/generation 1 MMOs. I don't really understand the mentality.

Some people seem to have it in their heads that XIV is a raiding game made for raiders and heavy users and every new feature or change which isn't a direct appeasement to that group is somehow a betrayal of the game's vision. When in reality it's a casual game made for casuals, always has been, and things like savage raids are a scrap tossed to the aging minority of people who are still clinging to that MMO design model.

GNB has a DoT.

It came out years before automate. It was released soon after Drakengard 3

I just hope the "last" expansion is a closure to the current arc and they have plans for the next one.
FFXIV is a good game and doesn't deserve to turn into an stagnated vegetable like FFXI, there's enough space for more world build and expansions.

Attached: 1548520003562.jpg (450x450, 59K)

>i main a DPS class bro

Attached: billie.gif (284x284, 1.66M)

And by your own standard that makes Nier a prequel to Automata and Drakengard a prequel to Nier and so on. I give up on restating this.

They've said they have plans for at least two more expansions after ShB.

>>Spire now increases Direct Hit by 10%
Should be 15% since DH is inherently weaker than crit. Also don't forget that it needs to be extended to 30s like SE did when they made the same change to the spear

Oh, I see. I was thinking of the more recent ones.

>All these """healers""" tears
Good fucking grief.

Yes but it's on a cooldown which differentiates it from PLD's DoT.

I can see each expansion taking place in a different nation. I guess we'll find out how the WoL will deal with the Ascien. I can see Garlemald turning back into a Republic with its subjugated nations having a choice of staying or not and having a real voice within the Republic

People meme about Warrior being unga bunga but outside of its braindead burst window it actually has the most nuance to maintaining optimal damage, especially now that Infuriate must be used outside of IR (and even more ideally within raid buffs). Even GNB has less than WAR to worry about since you have a DoT to help shift your GCD to align your natural Cartridge-combo drift to No Mercy.

Almost anything would have been better than what they chose to do. Turning Carve and Spit and Abyssal Drain into a low-damage MP/HP regen once a minute is just icing on the shit cake.

>expansion
>designed to expand gameplay
>does the opposite
wow why are people complaining????? bunch of whiners baka

what's the point of maining something else?
dps have the most complex core gameplay

>Raid is the same map 3 times with the same bosses but minorly different moves/patterns depending on if its automata-map A B or C
People will defend this and I will laugh

I think SE does need to move on to a new MMO with the next generation. XIV is inherently held back by technology and an underlying engine that is now over a decade old. Adopting newer engines and standards like Vulkan and DX12 would help a new MMO survive into the future, and enable them to do things that both XI and XIV players have been requesting for years.

There are sprouts leveling their first job to 50-70 right now who don't know they are about to overhaul all the jobs. Imagine learning a job just to have to relearn it

Attached: 1553307837466.gif (320x240, 601K)

>15%
I was thinking about that, but I didn't want to step on Bard's toes too much since DH is one of the only buffs they have left.

Just finished the level 70 DRK quest
>I tire of this charade
>mfw
Was getting genuinely worried Myste was going to summon a fake Haurchefant and make me fight it but I'm glad it didn't go that far.

Attached: 1558307118479.png (550x450, 333K)

Yeah? I didn't say they weren't the same setting, I don't get why you're stuck on that. If you write a play that specifically deals with things that happen in Drakengard, you would say that it's based on Drakengard, even if there's a wider setting that includes Nier.

>Why yes, I do play Hyur Highlander. How could you tell?

Attached: f2mba5spaj701.jpg (1536x2048, 290K)

what specifically do you believe that Vulkan or DX12 would help this new game do?

Nah, at 7.0 they'll start releasing mini-expansions for at least a few more years, then one or two big addons for the grand finale. Worked for FFXI at least.

That said, FFXIV is making like 20 times more money than FFXI ever did, so SE would be crazy to stop development while it's still gaining positive membership numbers. Even if Yoshi's plan stops at 7.0, SE will just hire a new director if necessary and continue milking the cow. The ongoing downfall of WoW and possibly Blizzard in general promises SE years of new customers as they wean themselves off the Blizzard teat.

And Bethesda is losing a lot of face in recent years as well, which only strengthens FFXIV's position further. As long as they don't fuck up, anyway.

>XIV is inherently held back by technology and an underlying engine
???

XIV's problems have little to nothing to do with the engine/technology and everything to do with design principles. A new engine isn't going to mean a better game

Some. I dropped WoW as the game continued its slide into homogenization and promoting raid to the exclusion of everything else. Were it not for SE's insistance of a good story, I fear XIV would do the same.

Even though so, it took WoW's story going to shit to also get me to quit, so as long as XIV has an interesting plot, I'll probably still keep coming back to play periodically. I just wish I could play mechanically unique characters that were distinct within the jobs (For example, no two warriors playing exactly alike) instead of having everyone be identical pawns.

Myste was the shade of Haurchefant and Ysayle combined, user.

50% of the screen is god awful UI

You act like they're even learning shit at all right now. Roulette is a shitshow everywhere currently.

I do this all the time though, I'll level a job at the end of one expansion, do nothing with it in the next one, and then have to re-learn it because I forgot it later.

Who are you quoting?

That's because Myste was a childlike cross between Haurchefant and Ysayle to represent your regrets and guilt.

>4.0
>"Well, look at the bright side: they can't possibly make DRK any more boring for 5.0. It's all upwards from here."
>today
>reading 5.0 DRK changes
Well they can't possibly, POSSIBLY make it any worse in 6.0.

Attached: eeeuugghgh.jpg (410x452, 23K)

>Well they can't possibly, POSSIBLY make it any worse in 6.0.

Attached: yoship.jpg (474x251, 29K)

Am I stupid or does warrior not get anything at level 80?

Oh. Damn.

Attached: 1502392365955.jpg (1080x1080, 170K)

in that case here's the full screen friend, enjoy

Attached: fullscreen.png (1678x943, 2.99M)

No hats/helms for Viera and Hrothgar is complete bullshit.

seething

Literally what is even left
They have removed everything except Souleater, there's nothing left to prune

Blacker the berry the sweeter the carrot

Attached: bun51.png (991x937, 1.98M)

no wonder he looked like shit

>tfw there aren't going to be job quests in ShB, only role quests
At least that puts the pressure off me to level only one job of each role instead of every single job to see all the questlines.

SEVEN SHADOWS CAST
SEVEN FATES FORETOLD
YET AT THE END OF THE BROKEN PATH LIES DEATH AND DEATH ALONE

There's going to be one job quest for each job in 5.0

>can't wait to see what the 70-80 DRK quests are like
>SHB is removing job quests and replacing them with "role quests"
oh

Attached: 1559374069163.png (342x395, 183K)

>all these DRK posters complaining about not pressing DA every other second
Why?
Does anyone actually enjoy DRK right now?

All jobs also get a check-up job quest at 80 whose length we don't know yet.

Someone please explain to me how the fuck I'm supposed to get Warden of the Seven Hues without the fish getting suspicious.

Attached: 1558451581962.png (320x322, 166K)

There will still be a level 80 quest for each job.

Not sure why you're insisting warrior is getting nothing new. Sure, it isn't receiving a total overhaul like MCH or SMN, but you're pretty much doing the same thing you've been doing since HW with some extra bells and whistles.
>Bloodbath is back with some extra party synergy
>AoE setup 1000x more intuitive
>Some shiny new ooga booga fat damage moves to put more hurt on things
My primary complaint at the launch of SB was how they took jobs that clearly worked well by the end of the HW's lifecycle, changed everything and ended up introducing more problems than they fixed. Warrior in 5.0 is a more sensible 4.5 warrior, and that's fine with me.

Warrior's burst window being total unga was honestly a pretty good change compared to the old weave-and-cleave that had to be performed in an ultra-specific order and was super RNG heavy.

just move away a little. intuition progress only resets if u leave the zone or cast at another pond.

>Why yes, I did want to play male viera, how could you tell?

Attached: 837026060674069406.jpg (625x417, 45K)

ENDLESS IS THE PATH THAT LEADS HIM FROM HELL

Blackmage is going to be so much fun next expac.

I hope Monk is fun too, definitely want to get some time in on my favorite melee dps.

>1 DA 2 DA 3 1 DA 2 DA 3 1 DA 2 DA 3 1 DA 2 DA 3
yes, literally 123 is an improvement

Thanks user. I'm getting real sick of this fish.

Attached: 1552480769127.png (1068x1080, 657K)

the biggest issue i have with current Dark Arts is having to double weave it with Carve and Spit which feels really bad for moderate ping, especially while under blood weapon.

I also don't like that blood weapons speed is going away in ShB.
>players: we don't like having to spam dark arts before literally everything all the time
>yoshi: ok, we'll get rid of dark arts
>players: nice, what combat mechanics do we get to replace this loss though
>yoshi: nothing
>yoshi: also blood weapon doesn't make you faster now, please understand

Attached: 1554444418469.jpg (1024x767, 98K)

Funny how we went from having like 4 DRK players and making fun of how DRK will never be meta to 20 DRK players that only rival SCH in terms of tears.

what did black mage get? I though the class only had a single target flare.

hope GUN is fun or else I'll be spamming PLD up to 70

I think the complaint is that while they took the complaints people had about DRK way, way, WAY too fucking literally.
>Dark arts spam is stupid
>No more dark arts
>Souleater is no longer locked to tank stance
>but you only have one combo now!
>Blood price is useless outside of dungeons
>Removed
>Carve and sp...
>Say no more!
Dark Knight's kit is less stupid, but also less interesting than its SB counterpart. It's one step forward, two steps back because they put no critical thought into the kit.

It could have gotten nothing and still been fun, but it got longer AF/UI timers, a single target Foul, and Umbral Soul to give UI and UH after transpose.

No.
But consider that instead of 1-2-3 mixed in with Dark Arts until you can Bloodspiller, you now just fucking 1-2-3. SHB DRK is an even more unga version of current WAR.

What even happened to this job? Imagine waiting two years for a rework and getting THIS.

GUK will be core.

>nearly 6000 replies
I can't believe these fags are still seething.

Attached: never ever.png (1775x74, 14K)

youtube.com/watch?v=wi_VoVZs4s8

>GUK
More like KEK

>6000 replies
>maybe 1/6 at best will roll male viera

>Yoshi, Power Slash, Blood Price, and Dark Passenger are horrible abilities. Dark Arts spam also sucks. Can we get a rework?
>Yoshi: I'LL JUST FUCKING REMOVE EVERYTHING, PLEASE LOOK FORWARD TO IT, THIS TOOK TWO YEARS FOR US TO FIGURE OUT

Attached: yoshi.png (1280x720, 960K)

>Imfuckingplying you can set up a storyline in a single quest
They aren't going to make them long either, if they were willing to spend resources on that, there'd be no reason to remove these quests in the first place.

Dark arts was flawed because the only thing we could spend it on was 123 souleater. Their """"solution""""" was to get rid of it, leaving us with just 123 souleater and half the actions per minute.

Basically DRK got fucking monkey pawed and I hate it

0 MP cost for Fire III/Blizzard III when in the opposite element, single-target Flare to finish up your fire phase with, single-target version of Foul, Umbral Soul to keep Umbral Ice going during phase-changes and build Umbral Hearts at the same time. Pretty much BLM got quality-of-life for what they were already doing in 4.X.

How do we make FFXIV more like FFXI and actually save the game?

Gunbreaker looks dangerously close to HW DRK, it looks fun as absolute fuck.

>Why yes, I do play fem Highlander. How could you tell?

Attached: 1550985715597.jpg (1080x1246, 183K)

Dark Arts wasn't interesting. Just removing it and doing nothing else is an improvement.

More than half of those posts are either hrothgarfurries shitting on them or barafags posting.
Most of the actual supporters have left besides that one autistic Zeylos guy.

I don't see why tanks should have a gap closer outside of pvp

Based best guide maker finally around again

Wasn't like every single DRK complaint about how boring the job is? Did they just take an entire expansion's worth of feedback and tell the gameplay designers "Here, do the opposite of this"?

Woah, looks pretty fucking cool.

It's too late for it, but there should be some kind of horizontal progression to increase content longevity.

I honestly don't see what is wrong with 5.0 DRK, other than the Blood Weapon nerf, the reduced self-healing (probably because of the new "healers gotta heal" design, if it wasn't another translation error), and the copy-pasted "fell cleave meme" mode with the new Delirium. The new darkside abilities are a lot less restrictive than 4.0 Dark Arts.

I hope they get exactly what they're asking for. A playable male Viera during a short roleplaying segment and nowhere else.

>DRK released
>tank with high ogcd usage, multiple combos and DoT maintenance
>slowly get those both taken away
>now just a braindead war knockoff, complete with berserk clone and only 1 combo

>GNB released
>tank with high ogcd usage, multiple combos and DoT maintenance

What, exactly, did yoship mean by this?

Attached: 1552118570203.png (187x216, 76K)

halved sharp cast cooldown (more procs = more mobility)
made it so every time you can't be hitting the boss you can regain full MP and 3 umbral hearts (or when traveling between encounters)
single target flare
Higher potency single target foul that's instant which means you can use it while moving
Two polyglot stacks which means you can hold your fouls for a long time either to save for movement or for raid buff windows
Ice spells cost zero MP coming from Astral fire, meaning you can always blizzard 3 out of flare/Despair
Freeze is an aoe version of blizzard 3 and also gives you an umbral heart
Enochian 15% damage boost now

The class got flat out upgraded in every single way.

Well first we need to overhaul the entire combat system to be menu based, thus needing to reboot the whole game a second time. Then we need to make crafting as obtuse as possible. More emphasis on team work so players need to group up to actually go five feet out of a city and survive.

Tightroping a volatile manabase is interesting.
High APM is interesting.

Having Dark arts be a boring "press for 140 potency" isnt interesing, it needed more secondary effects and utilities

We don't because trying to reverse-engineer XIV into XI gave us Eureka, which took most of the expac to get into a playable state. Horizontal progression has its own problems, and if we ever get anything like it it'll be once the story's run its course and the game goes into maintenance-mode.

Enjoy GNB while you can.

Why haven't they completely removed shatter? Your chance to win is based 100% on rng. Seize is the only decent one since at least the map is small enough that everyone can contest every objective even if they all spawn by one area and the objectives don't disappear in 15 seconds.

Attached: shatter.png (379x418, 362K)

I really like current DRK and I'm concerned that the rotation is going to be slowing the fuck down. Especially saddened to be losing DA Abyssal Drain spam, that was a hoot, even if it wasn't as strong as it was with HW blood price.
Either way, I'll give new DRK a shot, but GNB is looking more appealing.

I hope they get a segment in the story where you meet some male Viera, and they all look cool and unique customizations, but then they still say they will never ever be playable.

After 5.0 we still have Garlemald, Thavnair, Sharlayan, the new world, Meracydia and a couple of other places to explore that have been already established in the setting.
Wouldn't be surprised if they pull a FFIV and it turns out some allagans were sleeping in a secret base in the moon unless there's something else about it that I'm missing.
The game will keep going as long as money keeps pouring in.

You can say "if it worked like this it would be interesting" but the way it works now is not and taking it away is not a bad thing.

I actually liked how strict WAR's rotation was in 4.1.

My main complaint with 5.0 WAR isn't its kit, but namely they didn't even both to give Inner Chaos and Chaos Cyclone new animations, and they just reused an old PvP ability for WAR's AoE combo. Yes, it's kind of neat but ultimately I feel like it's just really fucking lazy.

Seems like they fight constantly fight about which body type mViera should have. some want feminine probably because they can't have Alphinaids body since he's a child

Attached: 1559423510473.jpg (792x1080, 259K)

just dont lose lol

Attached: 1556152813397.png (418x310, 230K)

>Tightroping a volatile manabase is interesting
not if you're literally just doing the same combo to give you mp anyways
literally just
>is my ogcd about to come off of cd, I'll hold up a DA

The Moon is already confirmed for 7.0, and we already know that it's Zodiark's corpse.

>DoT maintenance
One-button DoT's with no interaction with the rest of the kit were never interesting and I don't miss them at all. The only reason people pretend to miss scourge is that it had a cool animation and sound effect.

Where my GNB/PLD niggas at?

Attached: gun16.jpg_orig.jpg (1500x1961, 409K)

Why yes I'm going to be playing a Rava gunbreaker (Bunbreaker, as I like to call it) why do you ask?

Attached: 3a9.png (476x476, 149K)

You can complain about SHB DRK all you want, but let's not pretend that current DRK is complicated, interesting, or difficult.

DRK. at least i get to summon frey and skip dark arts.

Attached: 1551851422296.gif (320x320, 3.13M)

o/

Attached: gnb.jpg (524x751, 135K)

PLD chad here. waiting 5 years for the job to be good is paying off

Desu WAR is the only tank aesthetic I don't care for

Literally git gud

Does anyone know what gloves these are?

Attached: 1557582402345.png (370x602, 146K)

Where my diapered lalabros at??? Come crinkle it up on Mateus with the rest of the pamper crew!

I don't know why they tied the GNB lore to these guys. They clash so badly with its aesthetic.

>chance to win is based 100% on rng.
not if you are Maelstrom ;)

They did?

Absolutely redpilled.

i think to show how they're more refined than people think. Especially compared to Highlanders

Attached: Xg9Fm1q.png (640x904, 305K)

Because lions.
Yes, Gunbreakers are actually called Gunnhildr's Blades. They're the royal guard of the Helion's queen.

No matter how many times these memes are posted, they never fail to make me laugh

Attached: 1336123846674.png (872x685, 151K)

Gunbreaker should have honestly been a happy accident started by the MCH guildmaster meeting one of the Garlond Ironworks crew one day.

And yet somehow ShB DRK will be a downgrade from current DRK. All DRK players wanted was a less boring job

Attached: 1526667717796.jpg (680x456, 28K)

What the fuck. How is this possible.

Attached: 1559497183826.jpg (750x1184, 299K)

will tall women work?

Attached: 1557285901102.png (1200x675, 1.1M)

I'm trying to go from manually switching crossbars to using the extended crossbar in 5.0 but I'm having quite a hard time getting used to it. Anyone have any tips?

Attached: hfV3AOi.jpg (600x335, 42K)

Ilsabardian gunblades (the type the hrothgar and player-characters use) are the weapons of the hrothgar queen's royal guard and have been present for some generations, more or less it's their equivalent to a Paladin and the Sultansworn.

Attached: 1535121570781.png (1000x1000, 1.68M)

I would've been on board with that.

>PLD can straight up block all attacks

what the fuck is the point of dark knight then

>royal guard of the Helion's queen.
Okay, I like this kind of lore, even if the exact aesthetic is a bit of a mismatch.

Please stop this dumb fucking meme of "high oGCD use". You get three oGCDs to use in-between three GCDs every 35 seconds (minus whatever for SkS), a 60 second oGCD DoT and a 30 second general damage oGCD.

Sure, it's the highest oGCD tank now that DRK got gutted but you're barely pushing more oGCDs per minute than PLD.

I'll give you the multiple combos though, it's annoying as fuck that DRK doesn't have a second combo (or at least a secondary finisher).

>223 dollars a month
On fucking what

Squall and Seifer were both knights protecting sorceresses, so it's not a huge change.

>The lion men that are neighbors to Garlemald are more civilized than Mhiggers
That's pretty amusing.

Are GMs the ones doing those callouts about info in the Gold Saucer? Searched them in the lodestone and got no results, and trying to target them didn't give the usual "too far away" error, just didn't target.

PLD was literally top dick in 4.0 until WARs complained enough that PLD got nerfed in two separate patches to "bring it in line".

But I guess if you didn't care for the Holy Spirit casting phase I can see PLD not being super desirable.

Recommend me a melee and ranged class to work toward. Currently using monk and summoner and want an alternative option.

Leaning toward sam and mechanist.

Attached: doll.png (1585x897, 1.59M)

>doxxing me in Novice Network
>223 a month
nigga what

It doesn't stop them from looking like shit as GNB though.

>alliance roulette as WHM
>AST goes nocturnal
>tell them to get the fuck into diurnal, now
>they say Sorry I'm new, I didn't know
fucking retards infiltrating the game

Attached: 1559416196797.gif (342x316, 1.36M)

Cashshop outfits and fantas I assume.

>mechanist

DRG.

The gap between a good BLM and a bad BLM is insane.

SAM is fun!

Attached: okita ohayo.png (594x530, 139K)

If your team isn't being retarded by pushing bases or having 20 people going to fight one small node in the middle of fuck off nowhere, then the RNG is easily mitigated. Hang around the middle, play defensively, pinch a team if it's dumb enough to push your other enemy's base, rush ice when it spawns, that's it.

Shatter comes down much more to the relative intelligence of your team than the RNG. If your team is full of retards who do nothing but tunnel the enemy right in front of them, you'll lose. If your team can't focus fire and all the damage they do is meaningless because it gets insta-healed, you'll lose. Good ice spawns won't help you.

dark knight (against magical) and Warrior (against anything not magic heavy) still have marginally better personal mitigation than PLD, although the gap is slightly closed.

GNB has the worst personal mitigation and will probably be the defacto offtank when they join 8 mans, just as Paladin currently is now (and will likely continue to be if they get matched with WAR/DRK since cover is still a thing)

Dragoon and Machinist

ShB NIN looks really fucking good and BLM is by far the most fun and comfy casting job.

Why are you telling your co-healer to pick the sect that overwrites your own regen

Attached: 1531557608568.gif (250x250, 259K)

Small point, but Garlean gunblades would also be Ilsabardian, Garlemald proper is in northern Ilsabard.

fuck off

Attached: DIIla0vUMAAAW3S - Copy.jpg (967x967, 149K)

If it was just fantasia that's 22 changes a month. What the fuck, how hard is it to make a character you like?

well, I mean the look of the gear and the hrothgar themselves

the only thing AST regen conflicts with is another AST's regen.

>Yoshida: We believe trying to heal as little as possible and DPSing instead isn’t what a Healers role should be
NO NO NO NO NOOOOO MUH DEEPS

SAM and BLM are the most fun DPS jobs.

I'm plan on leveling up the dex jobs. DNC and MCH seem fun and then there's NIN

user stop. we've already lost that special place due to immortal flames coming to Chaedstrom for free wins and shitting it all up. It's because of mhiggers like you we can't have nice things.. just like when people shared leaks on discord and reddit and fucked these threads up.

Attached: 1552965478803.gif (492x283, 2.58M)

Whats the most aesthetic skill and why it's passage of arms?

Post your rare Ilberds, boys.

Attached: 1532104097938.png (1000x1000, 1.99M)

>Hey WoL what happened?
>Hand movements, camera pans toward sky

Every other goddamn quest.

Earthly Star/Celestial Opposition

Holy has always been my favorite FF skill. Even after nerfs.

Attached: what time is it.jpg (734x742, 191K)

>savage lionfolk race have futuristic weapons and clothing
That does feel off

>HW paladin
>they have a spell they can cast isnt that cool even if its not that great
>SB
>ok we made more spells and they're easier to cast and incredibly useful now
>SHB
>actually fuck casting spells lol
why

Attached: 6b6.png (648x685, 550K)

>characters clearly standing off screen and just start walking in as it pans over to their entry point
>holds hand in front of face with nothing in it
>hand over nothing

>assumes angry face
>stares for a few seconds

>something happens
>screen goes black, some stock audio effects play
>fade back in
Thanks, really glad we needed an entire cutscene for that

looks like the shire ones maybe

Source?
Also SCH at the very least should get the effect that SMN has now, where having dots up increases ruin's damage.

I unironically dislike the Inventory system FFXIV.

Though I don't know if this opinion is widely held or not due to being a newfag go the game.

well you can still hardcast spells, just not while under Requiescat.
>Clemency is now a 1800 potency instant cast heal that heals you for 900 while under Requiescat
bruh

>"I guess we better go investigate this thing."
>everyone nods in unison
>one by one the NPCs walk off screen

Yeah fuck this game, what I want is a 3 minute plot recap that I have to click through instead of a quick fade to black

>preparing for a fight
>WoL draws their weapon
>nothing happens
>puts it away
every damn time.

What types of inventory systems do you like?

>*takes one threatening step towards the bad guy*

Everyone hates it. Even after they expanded it.

WAR and GNB should be swapped, judging by the current info we have

>Here, I made this wooden bench, check it out.
>Hands over nothing with a single hand
>Character looks at empty hand as if the entire fucking bench could be there in his palm
>The quality is incredible!

No you are well within rights to do so.
The fact that the banking system is so retarded it depends on you renting more retainers if you want to save more junk makes it terrible.
Dont get me started on how useless the Armoire is.

All I want at this point is to go to Sharlayan

>"Quest" consists of talking to someone at the ass end of the world, going through a couple of boxes of dialoge and then teleporting back to the quest giver

WHY.

I'm half convinced that the only people happy about DRK's current state and the absolute state of it in Shadowbringers are the same people who got filtered by the job's gameplay in Heavensward.

The potency values are obviously going to be adjusted

Because in 1.0 people complained about the Linkshell messages from NPCs.

a central inventory. Everything in one fucking bag/box like most other goddamn MMOs. I also don't like how classes are tied to weapons and I can't just press a UI button to switch but that is a minor gripe.

To this day it fucking baffles me that because the artifact gear is intended to be upgraded, you can't keep the base forms in your armoire.

>if item does appear it super fucking zooms in on it while it sits on a table

I hope so, Paladin's seems fucking completely apeshit insane right now
>here have three fell cleaves after every Royal bro
>here have a 1200 potency AoE nuke with no falloff every minute, bro

Attached: 1495846475261.jpg (350x350, 27K)

>and I can't just press a UI button to switch
you can setup macros to do this

You saying fuzzy lion people cant be high tech?

But even when you got those Linkshell messages they usually told the player to go talk to the NPC that sent them.

I'd imagine Sharlayans will be more dangerous than Asciens and Garlemald combined

>you can't just press a ui button switch
you literally can do that

click and drag a gearset from your armoury list and put it on your hotbar, you can even make a quick 2 line macro that makes pressing said button also switch hud loadouts so you can change from healer with your healer UI to Paladin with your tank UI, if you like.

Well, the racial gear they have looks more primal.
I'd say that as far as tank jobs are concerned, Warrior would be much more of a visual match.

Just drag the gearset from the list over to a button on a side bar.

I hope ShB AF are dyable from the get go, but we know that's not true

I just wish you could put the mogstation shit in the armoire.

damn whats up with the aether servers? Are they really all congested?

I wish we could buy the crafter and gather af from the mog store like they did in china

I mean it can't be worse than locking the SB AF dyeable version behind Eureka r-right?

Please don't tell me you fags actually played the Redditbrand sidequests

Thats sad. All those dyeable AF gear lost forever locked behind content no one will go back too.

Anyone else remember how fucking retarded HW AF gear was? I really hope they don't do that again.

>Hating the 3 chains that have actual unique animations in them

Probably refugees from Crystal.

Attached: transfers from Crystal.jpg (1920x1080, 271K)

Eureka already scales to the number of players in an instance, so all they'd have to do is increase how much it scales really

Stormblood DRK is at least fun in dungeons with its near-immortality. Shame they got rid of that in Shadowniggers to make it even more boring.

Dont have the attention-span for it but I do it for the trials so I can get them in roulette.

>tanking in ridorana
>we sit in front of the water jug dude for like twenty seconds, just pull it
>run up unchained, switch to deliverance
>other war provokes, was in defiance the entire time
>"Aggro Addict"
>w/e he can have it
>a minutes later boss is targeting healers/dps/anyone but this dude
>similar incidents with belias/construct 7
>ends up killing himself with the stone gaze cleave at the end and no one rezzes him
>male cat, heterochromia

Attached: 15527028775432.png (304x350, 156K)

They are fun.

Free shit + Trials

>whats up with the aether servers?
I don't know but I'd prefer it if you all stayed there.

>Abyssal is now a 200 potency heal on a 60 second cooldown
How could they murder my boy like that

With the moogle trove thing they're doing, I can see them adding the AF there eventually

I love tanking the 24-mans, you never know what's going to happen.

>preparing for a fight
>WoL pulls out AST weapon
>I sigh in disappointment at how silly it looks while everyone else has something that actually resembles a weapon in the scene
I need to main another job for the ShB MSQ

Attached: depression.jpg (480x360, 23K)

why don't the non-jp datacenters just do the 'alliance B is MT' thing?

You have to experiment with the trigger timing for the double taps a bit.
I suggest keeping rarely used stuff on your top hot bars but I can double weave from bottom to top on SAM with shifu just fine with ogcds
Over all idk just practice, you'll get it.
It's really just muscle memory for the timing over time and I highly suggest using that hot bar, you'll more than likely play a lot better

Attached: 1557355776623.gif (100x100, 20K)

>uses reshade
>g-guys my viera is the best looking, see!!!
what level of sperg do you have to be on to be like that guy

Attached: 1559222709949.jpg (251x405, 29K)

>SCH
>Lost most of my DPS abilities
>But they buffed my already broken fairy
>I can also now crit adlo or indom on command
>Probably still going to be the strongest healer

All shrugs here, SE has no idea what the fuck they're doing.

Attached: 1509718275552.png (400x400, 178K)

this shit is why I always fight over aggro.
With str pots if necessary.

i think tanking the 24man raids have made me into a toxic asshole. you notice fuckups 10x more because tanks barely do anything

if i call it reddit, maybe everyone will start hating it!

Individualism to a retarded degree.

>Dont have the attention-span for it but I do it for the trials so I can get them in roulette.
>Free shit + Trials
what the fuck, they hid trials behind that clusterfuck?

What do they do when alliance B's tank has literally half the HP of the other groups tanks?

You don't want to know.
twitter.com/EorzeanModel/status/1135301827401064453

>They ruined the last good thing about DRK
I was saying that DRK cannot get any worse before the job changes were revealed but apparently Yoshi took that as a challenge

Attached: 1541212811214.jpg (354x316, 140K)

I use both manual and extended, but I also played with controller for 6 years now. Just takes time to get used to everything.

I think the only trials are for the ARR series of hildibrand

I wish it had more free shit tbqh

>DRK
feels pretty meh honestly, i don't care much for summoning Fray, and I'm sad i can't spam Abyssal Drain anymore but at least Stalwart Soul looks cool as heck

Yeah, 3 of them.

Attached: 1556925110825.jpg (544x796, 497K)

>NIN
Dream Within a Dream
>DRG
Chaos Thrust
>MNK
Elixir Field
>SAM
Gekko

>BRD
Refulgent Arrow
>MCH
Heated Clean Shot

>SMN
Painflare
>BLM
Triplecast
>RDM
Verflare

>PLD
Divine Veil
>WAR
Upheaval
>DRK
Bloodspiller

>WHM
Aero 3
>SCH
Chain Stratagem
>AST
Earthly Star

Had to go and test some jobs that I rarely played.

There's one in Stormblood too.

Ultros + Typhon, multiple Gilgamesh fights, most recent one being at the very end of Stormblood's Hildibrand questline.

Man, I really dislike seeing irl people behind the characters.

Attached: Holli.png (883x713, 1.01M)

>remove debuffs so you don't have to bring dps compositions as meta
>introduce a class that will forever be mandatory as dps compositions, making the new meta just as stale

>Verflare
>Not Verholy
>Not Impact

There's one more at the end of Stormblood's questline.

Alliance B tank MT's and if he dies then another tank picks it up and tanks it the rest of the fight.

As long as the boss is faced away from the group the MT can't get anyone killed by shit unless they really try so if they die it doesn't mean anything, another tank will just take over.

In crystal tower if 2 tanks have 9k hp and B tank has 5k hp then B tank is still MT.

The best one is that cutscene where you have a spar with Lyse, and you pull out this silly orb and some cards like you're challenging her to a yugioh duel.

>go even further beyond and neuter DRK even more somehow
>reveal that Shadowniggers won't even have job specific quests anymore
There is literally N O R E A S O N to play DRK this expansion anymore. Take the fucking gunpill.

Attached: 911.png (1920x1080, 1.15M)

How do you guys even play these games

I did the trial and there were so many classes and quests and etc. it’s so fucking overwhelming I don’t want to do anything

oh fuck me

>Dream within a Dream
I keep clipping my GCD because I don't want to interrupt that sickass animation

Attached: dodos.jpg (565x669, 154K)

That seems pretty retarded locking a mt behind an alliance. The issue is a lack of communication before pulls. You don't need strict order to get through a 24 man lol.

What a fucking cunt holy shit, hahahahaha

Attached: yyyyyyyyyy.png (443x417, 81K)

>SAM
Idk if picking one for that class is fair
Almost all of their moves are flashy but modest if you get what I mean
They did a good job designing the animations

you take it slow, make friends in-game, and progress like a JRPG.

Attached: 1547320211082.jpg (800x1066, 148K)

Attached: octrannydonutsteelandstone.jpg (1122x848, 184K)

there's no need to communicate though.

In JP the only thing that's said in 24 mans is the party only greetings at the beginning. Alliance chat isn't used at all except for like the first couple of days of new content.

Despite this healer rework they still dont have them balanced at all.
At least expert roulettes will be fun with WHM still.

I understand that, but the best thing to do is just pick a class you like and just do the main story quests for now. You don't have to do everything all at once.

I hope someone is autistic enough to keep copying and violating this psycho's characters.

You gotta set your sights on one thing and go if you're just starting.
Over a long time you can do a whole shit ton of stuff and wonder where the hours went.

>Verflare
>Not Verholy

Come on, user. There's a reason Verholy is 70 and Verflare is 68.

>want to make a bunny
>but I've become attached to my highlander I've been playing since ARR
why does this have to happen bros

If you're geared enough to meet the ilvl of the raid, you're geared enough to tank it fine. Short of broken gear pieces.

>mfw I did ex Navel with a duty finder party today
I wanna do it again desu.

More like Alisgay m i rite?

SCH being able to do more than just heal was the only reason I liked playing this game, glad they made the decision to resub or not easier.

Yeah the changes are pretty shit overall. I have the feeling this is going to be the last expansion XIV has before it completely goes to shit.

Yes lets have less communication in an mmo. Why even play it.

They model themselves after NPCs so i really don't see what the problem is. I did make a character that is close enough.

That was HW.

By the fact that you look like a tranny.

that viera doesn't even look that unique. there's going to be a lot of people that'll recreate something similar. brown skin white hair combo is not unique for a viera. should go Veena instead

Attached: 1555134397026.jpg (467x659, 124K)

That copypasta is still pretty fresh but you should widen your menu.

>ASTs will want 2 minutes pre-pull to get cooldowns ready for the full party 6% buff
fucking OW this is gonna suck

>fish down syndrome face
>probably min height
>pink everywhere
this is peak tranny unoriginality

Attached: 1559440222136.jpg (401x385, 78K)

one on the right looks better, the ratty short skirt makes it look like a dirty hobo slut.

Or they just draw 30 seconds before pull, then open with ancestral recall into spread balance.

This might be the expac where autistic parse-fluffing actually gets annoying for the average player and people skip it to save frustration.

Attached: 1557696227064.png (720x720, 519K)

It's ok. WoW classic is coming out so we'll finally have a good MMO again.,

you're in every thread every day posting the same picture and the same bait

Attached: 1559171399305.png (448x499, 210K)

6.0 will probably be another Calamity. Making the seventh umbral and astral era the shortest in history probably.

Yeah, I already plan to take a week off for the launch. Hoping I can clear the first tier of Savage by then.

Seriously, why didn't they just make it so that you can only Draw while in battle?

WoW was never good though.

Literally just the Viera on the right with red face tattoos.

Attached: viera.jpg (1148x1600, 290K)

I honestly had a really hard time picking between those three. I'm glad Impact isn't getting the boot.

It's true. I put Gekko at the top because the moon effect is super nice but I don't think SAM has a single bad animation except maybe Guren but that's because it feels too floaty for how much damage it's supposed to do, it's still pretty nice in general.

absolutely seething

I've seen viera that look exactly like this guy's posted on Yea Forums.

Remember lads.

Attached: Eat shit.png (1276x240, 52K)

I need SAM to get a *teleports behind you* and it's a shame I'll still have to wait another two years.

>Q: Yoshida-sama, why did you gut DRK even more when everyone wanted a rework to make it more like HW era DRK?
>A: UNSUBSCRIBE FROM MY FUCKING GAME
Gotta say that part of the liveletter was really weird

Are Rava even going to be popular? I feel like 70% of viera are going to be pearly/ashy white 0-10 height Veenas

Good god, Mael. Why are we so good tonight?

Hopefully, I'm thinking healers will have the fastest queues.

*teleports behind you* is really more Ninja's schtick anyway

90%

It's still looks like it's going to be SCH>AST>WHM

WHM might even be worse off than it was due to all the new healing tools SCH got.

The only niche it had before was being the better "pure healer" for prog. I'm not sure it will have that niche anymore.

Techncially it should be GNB's schtick since it's one of Gaius' special moves

Gonna have to agree to disagree on that, but don't be surprised when it comes eventually.

>tfw no shortstack bunny race

If only NIN weren't already in the game it probably would have something like that. At least Ageha looks fantastic in its own way.

The massive AST nerfs and it's currently pitiful personal DPS might actually put it behind WHM depending on WHM's pDPS and if raid design requires GCD heals.

Gunbreakers don't use Garlean gunblades or fighting style. But I really hope we get an Heirsbane glamour from Gold Saucer anyway.

Maybe if we had actually gotten a gunblade job based on Gaius.

hehehehe

Attached: 11843424.png (640x622, 63K)

XIV needs a draph race.

except thats literally what they said they would do, they cramed the story into one quest so you dont have to accept 5 fucking quests for the story. Thats why most ppl would just wait untill they hit lvl 70 before the did the 60-70 job quests.

Attached: 1486173334000.jpg (227x222, 5K)

WHM's pDPS will still probably be garbage because it didn't get any new weaving tools or oGCD heals and that was always its problem.

Having higher potencies is nice until you're forced to spend GCDs on heals and regens because you don't have many reliable oGCD options.

Attached: 2_smug.gif (500x281, 2.03M)

Agreed, it's the only thing that would make me fantasia away from being a tranny lizard.

>I am going to anyway

Attached: 1556137596458.jpg (933x608, 109K)

>Q: Do you have any comments on the changes to healers, with this expansion? Are we looking forward to more healing content?
>A: When redesigning the healers, in particular the Scholar, it actually didn't take us very long at all to reach a decision (laughs). I remember in particular, Kasuga-san, one of our programmers, at the conference said, "Scholars can suck my fucking nuts if they want to DPS this expansion. My junk is like little-league baseball, everybody plays." And this kind of response from the development team in regard to healers was very interesting. Please look forward to our changes to the healer role in Shadowbringers.
Yeah that whole live-letter was really bizarre, in hindsight.

Attached: 1547111596621.png (242x242, 65K)

Voiceguy1 pls go

Let's be honest. Are WHMs really going to stop playing WHM just because of meta?

Based

How is it possible to be 1000% opposed to something?

If I gave a rat's ass about the meta I wouldn't play WHM, SAM, or DRK at all.

5 minutes in the character creator, just change the hair to something closer to a very light peach

Attached: Not bad for 5 minutes of work.jpg (1162x641, 1003K)

I'll go back to WHM probably if I don't like scholar. I only went SCH in Stormblood because my cohealer wanted to be WHm then switched to AST.

made me chuckle, sometimes tone sells a joke

PLD has evolved in every expansion but DRK keeps getting shit taken away from it with hardly nothing in return I'm sick of this shit

People will still play all the jobs regardless

Attached: 1551742047431.png (2132x1540, 930K)

Twitter retard on suicide watch

>WAR's going in the shed this time bois! DRK expansion! DRKs rise up!
>meta's looking like it's going to be PLD/WAR again
Maybe next expansion, boys...

Based chad BLM

Whoever made this forgot to account for the fact that the initial hit from Requiescat benefits from FOF too.

>Doing this as MNK
>Everyone is ready with their sword or spear
>Im hopping and dancing back and forth

Attached: 1553380207649.jpg (1752x1794, 248K)

NOOOOOO YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO MY ORIGINAL CHARACTER PLEASE NOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: 1529653627409.png (280x291, 88K)

I do, go fuck yourself DPS cuck.

Attached: guildwars2dev.jpg (892x2725, 1.43M)

I'd rather play card whm or fairy whm than whm.

Is tate a fuckin tranny?

No, he's just fat and ugly.

imagine the outrage that we get yet another race with extreme size difference between sexes

Stop playing DRK

Attached: yoshida.jpg (800x1067, 102K)

You realize you give everyone else less space to avoid the aoes right.

I fucking love the MNK idle combat pose
I thought SAM would be cooler but those little fucking nervous steps they take with the sword out look fucking stupid. Just stand still god dammit

>DRG is aesthetic as fuck
>cant see my character in the middle of the glowing effects and bright shit popping on my screen
Why even play?

Normally I'd be mad but almost all of the job quests were dogshit at best in Stormblood. Plus until the last two quests you did half of them was just warping to a point and talking to a guy, maybe killing 2 mobs.

>face 4 xaela
like clockwork

No, it doesn't. It specifically says it deals Unaspected damage in the ShB tooltip, which means it deals magic damage.

>tfw we'll never get THIS kind of size difference

Attached: i will now buy your game.jpg (600x847, 188K)

So glad they're fixing this bruddahs

I will if you keep cucking me like this

WAR, but I don't know exactly what's changing beyond the same changes to all tanks losing their stances. Little disappointed we're not keeping our max HP bonus to make us unique, even if the damage reduction is more useful.

what's the difference

Attached: 1559332013694.png (128x128, 29K)

Attached: erpers.png (1165x583, 109K)

Of course not, homosexuality isn't as common in japan.

i wish you faggots would just die already

So turn it off

bros
is that second viera voice
karin kanzuki

Ironically actual kenjutsu footwork looks even more stupid, because the principle is to keep the soles of your feet paralell to the ground and shuffle forward as this telegraphs the least information about how you'll attack. fun facts from a life wasted studying dead martial arts

>DRK is aesthetic as fuck with flashy darkness and magical smears all over every attack
>PLD has holy angel feathers and crystal lights off of every attack
>GNB has fucking explosions and shells flying off of every inch of them
>WAR's biggest, baddest attack summons 3 shitty little buzzsaws
>WAR somehow remains on top every expansion
Either make WAR's skills look nicer or put it in a coffin already, yoshi.

god i WISH this was real

Attached: 1528899146747.jpg (960x640, 155K)

You're still the only tank with a way to increase their max HP, even if it's only every 90s. You even get Convalescence built into Thrill now! No other tank gets Conva.

BIG MALE, SMALL FEMALE GOOD
SMALL MALE, BIG FEMALE BAD

Oh yeah, there's no such thing as cool looking combat in real life, but that's the point of the fantasy part of the game, to make shit look cool even if it's impractical.

I hated paladin.
I've almost fall asleep every time, every second I punished myself to get it to 70
But now for shadowniggers it looks really damn cool.

thanks for nothing, SE

Attached: fadafd.gif (289x269, 621K)

missed opportunity to have large males in xaela and large females in raen desu

The worst thing about the SAM idle pose is how the males do the retarded reverse gripped pose despite Musosai literally saying no true samurai would do that.

Attached: Miqo'te XAELA'd.png (725x900, 480K)

Be satisfied with SPEEN

Attached: you spin me faster.webm (1920x1080, 234K)

Unless you're gay, then it's the other way aroung.

>two years of "look forward to the rework" later
>get an even more braindead version of DRK

Attached: fraymyste.jpg (1066x1080, 201K)

I honestly would have liked to play as a cute smaller lizard boy.

I'm still waiting on someone to make a video of him flying away into space.

Ah u rite nigga, I didn't notice the change for ShB. Guess that means using the requiescat opener won't be so awkward since you won't need to line FOF up to get the last second buff on requiescat.

Especially because they already have an animation/pose with one forearm across the hilt used by samurai NPCs in Kugane.

Just give male miqo'te a muscle slider, they're basically what you faggots want.

i hate to admit it but same

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 37K)

He solo raids Crystal Tower and uses it to open a portal to the First

Because players want the FF references and that's Sephiroth's victory pose.

Remember when this image was leaked and a bunch of retards thought this leak was fake because "there's no way were getting Intervention and Intervene"

Attached: 1558548240739.png (608x383, 285K)

lmao no

Same
Raen should have been small and cute, while both genders of xaela got to be big nomad warrior lizards.

DRK
Seems to be losing a bit of speed and any fun that was remaining in the job. Will likely be balanced just fine, but will also likely be boring as shit.

>Just realized the boss theme is a remix of the trailer theme
Wow I'm dumb

I personally like that WAR's effects are less flashy than everyone else, there's fucking light flashes going off 24/7 in combat already. The buzzsaws are a little cheesy though.

Oh shit I didn't even notice that, I guess that's why they buffed Requiescat's base damage.