What the frick was his FUCKING problem?

What the frick was his FUCKING problem?

Attached: Giygas1.png (1620x1080, 223K)

eartlhings

Mommy issues, among other things.

Attached: 1548698462566.png (400x400, 8K)

He lived in a society

Midna and Giygas?

Attached: 1558997293255.png (200x200, 10K)

yes

Attached: IMG_000134.png (350x350, 6K)

Quick before the thread fades away, Porky or Giygas for Smash?

STOP SINGING

It's a shame Mother 1 is such a drag to play because it's got so many unironic kino moments

GIYGAS GOT AN F
THAT'S GOT TO BE A FIRST

Porky would probably have the cooler moveset, but I'd still want Giygas.

does the easy ring patch fix things?

I thought it was fine once you got Repel Rings. Never bothered with the Easy Ring.

Both. They're good kids.

Attached: 7819767_p0.jpg (1348x1192, 1.84M)

I'm glad there will never be another Mother game ever again.

He's in a slog of a game.

So am I. Why would there be? The ending in 3 spoke for itself.

Who's the girl supposed to be? Queen Mary?

I disagree.

Probably.

Attached: 68721931_p0.jpg (1111x1500, 797K)

Attached: eb__pokey_and_giegue_by_anniemae04-d96ss7h.png (1024x1385, 746K)

he just wanted to conquer earth and assert his psychic dominance bro

Attached: giygas_and_porky_by_huedrian9.jpg (900x1100, 117K)

He probably need some good old earth dicking.

I never knew there was this much Giygas fanart. This makes me happy.

Sure, if you know where to look. Although that in itself is somewhat of a slippery slope as you tread the fandom of yesteryear.

Attached: zhona26774.jpg (269x384, 28K)

Open world BotW style Mother 1 remake when?

Attached: Mother.png (1620x1080, 95K)

>good old earth dicking
Whatever happened to Morphine, anyhow

Literally the inspiration behind Mewtwo's design. It helps that Mother and Pokemon shared a lot of the same staff.

Still around last I checked, but stopped drawing Earthbound stuff years ago. Their work survives them regardless.

Attached: fuck.gif (669x804, 1.31M)

Attached: 1543937199141.png (784x1019, 905K)

cute! even if it doesn't make sense

Lore: He was raised on Earth with George and Maria, but still very loyal to his race.

George (Ninten's great grandfather) used him to an abusive point to study his PSI abilities, which was forbidden by Giegue's species. It was passed on in George's bloodline, which pissed off an entire intergalactic civilization.

The struggle Giegue has is that Maria was very kind to him and was the best mother that could be to Giegue, and she used to sing him lullabies (the eight melodies), which makes him forlorn when Giegue remembers Maria who went senile and wilted away in Magicant.

How does the abduction fit into this?

Attached: 04.png (240x160, 1K)

IIRC, it was the Japanese lore.
Mother didn't have an English release until a few years ago.

George=Giygas

Then Giegue is told he will perish at the hands of Ness and he gets so obsessed at preventing this that he completely goes braindead with power, allowing the swine Porky to usurp him.

>his

Giegue isn't Giygas.

nuh, he was raised by George and Maria in his homeplanet
George then escaped at some point with the secrets of PSI

The final boss in both 1 and 2 is named ギーグ which is pronounced Giegue, but translated as Giygas for some reason.

They were abducted by aliens and given a child to raise. I think the Japanese novelization expanded on this by stating Giegue's race wanted to explore the bonds of parent and child, as they had no concept of it - at least in the traditional sense.

On the other hand, the novelization also takes a few (read: "a lot of") creative liberties with the game story and characterization so make of it what you would.

Attached: IMG_000042.png (350x350, 20K)

The reason being that the first game wasn't released in America, so the second went and erased all the callbacks to it.

Which callbacks did they erase from the localization? They must've done a poor job considering the opening says "Giygas Strikes Back" making it apparent it's a sequel

>displaying exp on the battle screen

How incompetent were early jrpg developers

They changed the opening to "The War Against Giygas" in the localization.

That it does, I completely misremembered that. Are there any more examples of this? I'm curious how much of Mother 2 actually ties in with 1.

Giygas was Giegue, and Giegue isn't quite Giygas but both have always been Giyig. Confusing, isn't it?

Attached: IMG_000085.png (350x350, 8K)

How did George make a PSI grandchild? Surely Ninten's parents were already born by the time they got abducted? How did Maria die? How does the PSI kid in Easter tie into this?

Attached: 1553884507618.gif (500x392, 102K)

No.
>Urizen was Vergil, and Vergil isn't quite Urizen, but both have always been V.