Playing this game for the first time

>playing this game for the first time
>keep dying at asylum demon
there's no hope for me, is there?

Attached: Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg (256x330, 55K)

You're not trying to fight him with a broken sword are you?

Don't tell me you're trying to beat him without going through the door first.

well im trying to fight him with a normal sword in one hand and a shield in the other. Im Knight class

There's no way your're losing against it unless you haven't explored the rest of the area yet. Even Fortnite streamers can magane just find against it.

this is the greatest game of all time

Then you're fucked. Unnistall.

Start over, pick the firebombs as your gift, and then nuke him before you even get your weapon. Get a cool weapon out of it too. It's cheesey, but it lets you get past the tutorial so you can cry about getting lost and the graveyard skeletons instead.

Just look at one of the 1 million no hit run vids to get an idea on how to do it.

also, i think my style is mostly just to use quick attacks and shield/dodge when necessary. i dont see myself being the kind of person to utlilize a lot of the other tactics like parry.

Run up the stairs and jump attack him.

Get off here and keep trying user! You can do it!

dodge rather than block
parry and backstabs are broken

It takes some time until it clicks but after that it will get easier. Don't worry about dying. especially if you are used to faster faced games, the roll timing in Dark Souls 1 takes some time to get used to as everything is super telegraphed but also slow which can be misleading

dont fat roll

Your shield blocks one hundred percent of the damage he does, dude. Just be careful and only attack when you know you'll have enough stamina left to block. Keep your shield down when you can to recover stamina more quickly.

Don't worry. Learn his patterns, watch your stamina and roll whe you have to.
I'm playing DaS 3 and I killed Nameless King a couple hours ago after 3 days trying. You will eventually make it.

I beat the game 4 times and never parried.

Naked two handed iframing is the only proper way to play through dark soul.

Dying is part of the game, you're doing fine so long as you learn to adapt. Like others said, dodge/roll rather than try to tank damage.

In Dark Souls, you only really lose if you give up. You can do this.

Guess I'm not gud

Not even trying to be mean, but if you can't beat the asylum demon within maybe 2 or 3 tries as a first timer you might as well drop the game now because there's no hope for you. Especially when you consider the fact that it's basically a tutorial boss and is meant to be braindead easy in comparison to what the rest of the game has to offer you.

Someone is in for a fun time!

Attached: capra-demon-large.jpg (600x338, 66K)

Fail now, succeed later.

Not OP, but I managed that one first try by sheer luck. Put the dogs to sleep with the first slash, the rest was very doable.

It's weird how different people struggle with different bosses.

>It's weird how different people struggle with different bosses.
I think everyone struggled with Ornstein and Smough, Ludwig and the Orphan of Kos.

>My face when I beat Ludwig first try

Attached: 1552359441824.jpg (631x658, 39K)