How come we never talk about Twilight princess? This game is so fucking polished and pretty...

How come we never talk about Twilight princess? This game is so fucking polished and pretty. There's so much extra stuff to do and small little details.

Attached: 220px-The_Legend_of_Zelda_Twilight_Princess_Game_Cover.jpg (220x312, 27K)

These threads are made almost every day, you're full of shit.

Haven't played it yet. Hoping the HD release gets ported to Switch soon.

Intro is too long, I dropped that shit way before the game officially "started"

I'm a TPfag and even I think the TP threads as of late have been a bit much.

I don't get why people say this when Wind Waker doesn't give you any freedom at all until the five hour mark.

Wind Waker's intro isn't boring and mundane like Twilight Princess

Twilight princess bored me shitless and I've slogged through VNs that were fucking boring.

I call so much fucking bullshit on that.

>island chores > tutorial battle > mandatory rope jumping training sequence > first "dungeon" being an elongated stealth section after having your sword for all of 10 minutes > town chores > sailing in a straight line to the island with the first actual dungeon on it

And KoRL won't even properly fuck off until a couple dungeons later, which is also when TP's overworld opens up. They're equally bad in the early game story handholding department. Why TP gets so much more flak for it than WW is beyond me.

At least Wind Waker is visually interesting

Because its the worst Zelda ever made.

Literally too dark to see anything.
Literally too boring to be engaging.
Music literally too lame to keep you awake.
Gimmicks literally too gay to be enjoyable (le wolf)
Puzzles like the water temple literally too hard to let you finish the game.

It was a mistake all around, and I didn't even mention the 2edgy4me parts of it.

it's my favorite zelda, hoping for a switch port
I just wish for a hard mode, it's simply too easy

Attached: 1546143345988.gif (500x357, 107K)

I don't hate WW's artstyle but I prefer what TP was going for. Didn't always succeed, especially with the character design, but when its world felt large and forlorn I preferred that vibe to WW.

Which part, the long mandatory sword tutorial, the mandatory rope swinging tutorial, the forced stealth section where you can't use your sword, the part where you have to just farm rupees so you can buy a sail, or the part where the boat only lets you travel in a straight line until you beat the first dungeon?

>I didn't even mention the 2edgy4me parts of it.
bait

>Literally too boring to be engaging.
>Puzzles like the water temple literally too hard to let you finish the game.

Attached: confused looking anime girls with interrogation marks on their heads.png (186x208, 28K)

the furry parts were novel but tenuously entertaining, the final dungeon was laughably bad, it was a weak rehash, and while some areas were movingly lovely other parts were ORANGE GARBAGE

>How come we never talk about Twilight princess?
We literally have 3 threads a week minimum about TP or WW. Fuck off with your spam.

>the final dungeon was laughably bad, it was a weak rehash,
That was one of the best parts of the game, slowly ascending that bigass castle and wrecking shit.

>discussion threads are spam

>zelda
>hard puzzles
nintentoddler

Final dungeon was the only one with any degree of nonlinearity and optional keys to be discovered. There was an entire multi-item puzzle outside the castle that was 100% skippable. Hell, I overlooked it on my very first playthrough of the game and wondered where the hell the last small key was as I stood at the boss door.

I play the GC version in VR all the time. It's fucking beautiful in 4K VR.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 108K)

There is literally no discussion here.

Its all memes.

They are when they have the same OP multiple times a week. I'm all for TP discussion but at least attempt a different opener.

how?

>There is literally no discussion here.
>anons are discussing and comparing WW and TP’s intros

Dolphin VR

I'm computer illiterate. Do you need a 3d screen for that? I only have a laptop lol

>these are the people posting on Yea Forums
Jesuschrist

Smartphones have been around for what, 12 years now?

TP is such a shit game. Nothing you do in this game matters, you're basically everyone’s chore boy up until the very end and every time you complete a task it’s rendered worthless almost instantly.

>dude find my mask
>lol it’s useless
>dude find the mirror shards
>lol thanks for wasting your time
>dude find my memories
>lol just remembered I can’t help you
>dude find the owl statues
>lol thanks for doing my job

Wow, so engaging.

When has Link ever been anything more than a chore boy?

>pretty

We would but it's the most unrememberable zelda game ever made. I just remember it being short and incredibly easy

>Nothing you do in this game matters, you're basically everyone’s chore boy up until the very end and every time you complete a task it’s rendered worthless almost instantly.
Video games as a whole.

Fuck I hate windwaker, I'm not even going to finish this turd and I'm going to play twillight princess next. Is TP as much of a slog as WW? I liked OOT and MM

no, but you do need an expensive and gimnicky piece of hardware

Breath of the Wild.

>We

The game’s pacing gets better after the first three dungeons, it’s pretty slow in the beginning.

it's pretty long for a zelda game like 40ish hours

I mean, he doesn't HAVE to release the champions but it's really convenient for all parties not named Ganon if he did. Like, really fucking convenient.

At least his chores mattered in every other game and weren’t fucking useless time wasters like they were in TP.

wind waker is 10 times better than TP. everything outside of the dungeons in TP is boring and pointless.

TP's first third is a bit off, a bit slow, but even then the dungeons are better than WW's. Once you get past a certain story point right after the third dungeon the pacing shapes up considerably. It's less adventurous of a game than WW but I'd firmly state that the back 2/3rds is a straight up better video game.

Breh OoT was worse when you considered Link being Zelda’s choreboy cost him the world, his innocence and his friend.

You imply like TP is the only game that does this let alone only Zelda. What you listed is like 80% of video games you dumb fuck.
>Ocarina has you played by Ganondorf from the start, you help everyone but it's all pointless as everything gets rewound setting up TP
>WW has you played by Ganondorf and everything you do is pointless as he wins up to the asspull in the end
>BoTW has you stop the giant machines but they occasionally go rouge anyway
Any game can be trivialized if you post like a dick.

Switch port fucking when?

Attached: Drake_y_Elena.jpg (634x321, 24K)

>he didn’t play OOT, MM, WW, TP and SS

Everything after N64 and before BOTW is trash. Playing the bad Zelda games doesn't make you a "true fan" or a "hardcore gamer". It just means you have bad taste and zero standards.

Then these are not chores but essential tasks for Story development, urgency and impact.
Nothing you do in TP has any impact on that scale.

>Then these are not chores but essential tasks for Story development, urgency and impact.
Just like TP.

Except in all these other games your actions matter, whereas everything in TP boils down to "lol thanks for wasting your time but it was useless, why don’t you try something else that also doesn't work" over and over and over again.

The mirror and fused shadows hunt definitely mattered. The former let Link meet Zant on his home turf and the latter is how you even get into the last dungeon. Ilia's whole thing was kinda pointless but Link really likes her I guess so helping a friend in need out? Plus, that ends up fixing the Dominion Rod too if I have the events in my head clear and Shad couldn't do shit without that, which leads back into the whole mirror thing.

no, wind waker is really good and the DS games are alright enough.

I legit adored both of them, but them again I'm incredibly biased towards Zelda games. Except Zelda 2. What a disastah.

>It just means you have bad taste and zero standards.
>he says this while saying BoTW is good
The irony.

>wind waker is really good and the DS games are alright enough.
Good joke user.

I'm not sure how much extra stuff there is

I got all 3 orbs, my biggest issues with WW so far are with how long it takes to get anywhere (i'm playing the GC version so afaik there is no swift sail), trying to use the canon, the rope swinging segments and that awful stealth section in the beginning

>Except in all these other games your actions matter
We've been playing very different games then as I remember in BoTW collecting a bunch of seeds would result in a literal shit prize.

Zelda II is a very good early action RPG with the most labyrinthine dungeons, most satisfying challenge, and to this fucking day the best implementation of magic in the series to date. Yeah, it makes a few annoying decisions like losing all EXP upon death and the occasional obtuse progression block but most of Zelda II's quite good, actually.

BOTW doesn't have you do anything.

Just grab the master sword and go straight to Ganon, its a better way to end the game than focusing on the gay machines.

ST's dungeons >>>>> PH > WW >>>>> ST's overworld

Oh travel is definitely faster in TP’s case. But like I said it’s a bit slower during the first three dungeons, but I like those parts because we get to see Link do crazy hero stuff.

That is an option but it's as much of an option as defeating Urizen at the start of DMC5 and not the intention of the devs outside of "sure you can do it but you're only fucking over yourself"

Even if you did muscle onwards you'll just get brickwalled by the Triforce quest and probably want to stop playing. If you have a WiiU, I'd try the HD remaster instead, it doesn't fix all of WW's problems but it streamlines a few of its more dragging concepts so it's much less of a drag to play.

>not the intention of the game
>there is literally special cutscenes made for it
Shut the fuck up.

WW felt like they stretched it to hell just to make up for the rushed release.

I remember hating parts of this game when I first played it but overall its great.

The beginning always feels so dragged out and I cannot for the life of me do the fishing task as the controls describe to get the fish for the cat and the tears of light sections really drag. Otherwise I love it.

Collecting seeds isn’t the point of the game

Tutorial is awful and everytime I think of it, I stop myself from replaying TP.

Could never get into it. The only one that I couldn't, but to be fair the first one didn't age too well either. I appreciate your input though.

No one ever told you to collect the seeds, and if you think expanding your forge is a garbage prize then you should unironically end your life.

You're literally not getting his point you dumb fuck

Never

Attached: Take care of her Link.gif (500x543, 79K)

>didn't age too well
Games don't age, you do.

>Games don't age
They do all the time.

Nah, I don't have a wiiU and I'm playing it on PC. Given that I've seen WiiUs going for under 150$ maybe I'll pick one up

>Puzzles like the water temple literally too hard to let you finish the game.

You must be one of those people that had trouble finding where the car key goes to start the car.

Nah, prevailing standards simply change. Once upon a time the tanking framerates of Goldeneye were acceptable. Wouldn't have any of that today though, not if it wanted to earn similar praise. Goldeneye remains the same game that it ever was, it hasn't "aged" at all, but standards have changed.

I just played GTA 3. I love the game but the aiming is definitely ass and has aged.

WATER TEMPLE HAAAARD.

go back to dork souls casual

Wow, talk about pedantic, mate.

Your standards for good aiming controls are simply not stuck in 2001. To be fair, aiming standards back then were indeed pretty low. Aiming on consoles before, what, 2007 was indeed pretty ass a lot of the time.

How so? I'm attributing the perception of a game's declining quality to a shift in standards rather than the game somehow changing between then and now as if it were patched to be worse. How it's experienced now is how it was experienced back then, the game itself isn't any different, it just wasn't as refined as modern expectations demand because it was made in the past, which makes sense.

If it wasn't for Midna being 10/10 femdom shortstack waifu no one would care and it would be ignored like Skyward Sword, it's formulaic and dull since Nintendo were afraid of yet more mixed opinions after Wind Waker so modelled it after Ocarina of time

Attached: 1529487932151.jpg (600x771, 68K)

That's pretty important to be when it comes to a coherent argument.
No, you got used to better aiming in more recent games and can't be bothered to adapt back to older standards.

>If it wasn't for Midna being 10/10 femdom shortstack waifu no one would care and it would be ignored like Skyward Sword
Someone get this faggot the E3 trailer

I still would since I like the game's artstyle a lot.

Attached: Hm.gif (500x250, 3.76M)

Nah, that shit was definitely flawed. Try having to gun down Colombians in the middle of the crowded street and having your gun autolock to the nearest pedestrian and get wasted.

Perfection requires no discussion.

I'm not saying it wasn't, I'm saying that if it's such a big deal now, it should've been back then too.

I like this user.

>"fix everything"
>not a chore

I really enjoyed tp and it is one of my favourite zelda games. Played through it both on gamecube and wii. It was just fun. Playing as this link felt great, the sword fighting, bow combat, horseback combat and clawshots were fantastic, the world is a little more somber than the others, and the dungeons are pretty darn good.
Honestly memes are why people hate it. If you actually sit down and play twilight princess and windwaker side by side, i fucking PROMISE that the person playing tp will have more fun. The plot is a little weaker and more forgettable but as a fucking video game it's way better. The only thing i missed from windwaker was the parry.

WW has the tutorial section, which then leads you to believe you're going on an awesome pirate adventure. BUT NO! After a rope swinging tutorial (seriously?) the game then TAKES YOUR SWORD AWAY FROM YOU and tosses you into a forced stealth section in a game and in a series that has never and will never be about stealth. Then, after this fuckery, you're saved by a deus ex machina in the form of a fucking talking boat. However, even though the boat was somehow able to get you from the Forsaken Fortress to the town island, it cant go anywhere else unless you buy a sail.

So now you have to dick around a town getting rupees until you can buy a sail and meet up with that jew motherfucker tingle. It's like that bullshit in OoT where you have to buy the shield before Mido's bitch ass will let you go to the Deku Tree, only worse. Then after you go through all that tedium you're finally all set to explore the high seas! BUT NO! The game FORCES you to sail in a straight line with no deviation to the first dungeon, and won't let you go until you complete it. You don't get any "freedom" in this game until about 5+ hours in. This entire game has tricked millions of people into thinking its about freedom and exploration, but its all a sham. The ocean is a flat blue square. There's nothing underneath. Many islands have nothing of interest on them. Several are copy pasted, or you just go there once and never have a reason to again. Some have literally nothing on them at all.

Cut content everywhere, Jabun just handing you the orb for completing a glorified cannon shooting minigame is a slap in the face, and the triforce chart bullshit is insulting. That ghost ship? Oh you just fight come enemies, just like every other submarine, fuck you. The game is laughably easy even for a Zelda game. Combat is either mash B or hold R then press A when the QTE prompt tells you to. Oh by the way THIS IS HOW YOU KILL GANONDORF WITH A QTE. Wind Waker is shit and so are the people who defend it

Attached: Jellyfish.jpg (1024x768, 746K)

Based, fuck pedo weeb posters. TP is shit

fuck off pedo lmfao kill urself, go dilate first tho faggot

>pedo
Based retard

It wasn't that long. An hour at absolute most. You don't even have to watch the cutscenes.

You've summed up many of the issues I have with WW. So far it's my least favorite 3D Zelda, I haven't played TP or SS yet though. Majora is my favorite so far but botw and OOT were both a lot of fun

Cope more retard, if you don't kill yourself in 5 years you'll be on the sex offender list. Pedophile tranny.

This has to be a copypasta. People here aren't this retarded, right?

You can do better than that ma’am.

You've either never played Zelda before or you're baiting. Or you've never played a video game before. You can misrepresent every single game in existence in this exact fashion. Kill yourself, retard

>weeb
We’re not talking about BotW.

You had to help Illia because it helped the Zora. Helping the Zora made his dead mom give you the Zora armor which you needed to get into the Zora temple where the fused shadow was.

Polished but extremely linear and easy. So it has no appeal.

Honestly the og is better

Best ship

Attached: b3ef0a83-c162-477f-be3d-4ea43a523c62.png (540x443, 171K)