Starbound

What went wrong with this game?

Attached: 1558797845295.jpg (480x360, 29K)

Ton of shit, didn't really live up to the expectations that Terraria did but managed to do the building aspect better.
also most race mods are just furry stuff and Floran is best race.

>also most race mods are just furry stuff
You say this as if it isn't the biggest point in Starbound's favor

Why are furfags attached to this game?

Eh. At least there is a sex mod on Loverslab, and heard stuff about a vore mod.
Probably due to the Avians and Hylotls

Nobody likes you autistic furfags though.

Incompetent devs.
Which is why they're called Chucklefuck.

Help

I keep trying to give the game a chance, but i somehow get bored so much more faster than with Terraria, and I can't quite put my finger on the reason.

What is the deal with this game? Why can't I like it?

Its a good game, but sadly it has to live in the shadow of Terraria.

There's like 4 different planets which is massive wasted potential.

Devs rushed the shit out of it. Actually replaying it again with mods and I'm liking it even better than my last play with modded Terarria. Unfortunate that nothing can fix how poorly optimized the game runs when shit has to move around.

Attached: 1544611032449.png (1130x319, 136K)

what went right?

Nothing to do, Dungeons with unbreakable blocks suck, enemies are a fucking joke, ranged weapons have a cooldown tied to the retarded stamina bar instead of just having normal ammo, no random events, no meaningful progression besides finding the 13 chaos emeralds to open the door, no random events to shake things up like Terrarias Blood Moon, Solar eclipse, Goblin invasion, Meteor strike etc.

Terraria is a game about constantly being rewarded for moving forward, every thing you accomplish brings you something to improve your experience. Starbound tries to do it but it fails at offering anything more than weapon and armor stats going up while effectively being the same in function. The Techs are like accessories but way less fun or interesting, and the game is so afraid to give you good movement options while Terraria practically showers you in them.
Enemies also are extremely boring to fight. Weapons get mildly more interesting but it doesn't matter when the enemies are awful.

>Devs rushed the shit out of it.
Not at all. They're just shit devs. Pretty much all Chucklefish games are just bad clones of good games.

I can only think of one thing off the top of my head.

Attached: 1559097318305m.jpg (1024x973, 89K)

Everything.
Starting from the main project lead having a tantrum and ragequitting Regidit's Terraria team.

Attached: 15540483739455.gif (360x225, 892K)

Shit devs is a given, but it took them four years to add in mechs and fishing, basic concepts that they had teased since the kickstarter. The modding community filled in the gaps years in advance.

That's not true user, the game is trash but at least the biome\planet variety is far greater than Terraria.
Unfortunately such a nice feature is absolutely wasted on a garbage game like this one.

Exactly, that's why I said they didn't rush it. They just didn't know what the fuck to do. The whole fucking dev cycle was just them adding stuff, scrapping it, adding it in a different way, scrapping it again and then fucking adding in the first thing again. Fucking retards.

>5 minutes in and you already start seeing the very same pre-made structures being copy-pasted in every planet
The entire point of this game is to explore yet there's so few pre-made assets that you can see pretty much 90% of the game content in one single star system.

What a shit game.

Attached: 1541916696898.png (1024x719, 806K)

>Love Terraria's vanilla gameplay and progression, but hate the endgame, music, sound, and graphical design
>Love Starbound's visuals, music, planets, "lore", and buildings, but hate virtually everything else
When will a perfect Tism Sim come out?

Attached: 1553278754970.png (198x198, 2K)

your taste fucking sucks

>hate endgame, music and graphical design
What kind of fucked brainlet thinking is this?

Care to explain or was that an accidental knee jerk response?

>hate the endgame, music, sound, and graphical design
Your taste is bad and you should feel bad.

Attached: 15404838342045.jpg (640x480, 48K)

yeah, your taste sucks

>hating terrarias sound of all things
what the fuck? shits always comfy

im really bummed how this turned out.

things i love about it:

>mostly interesting races to customize and use as pc
>cool spaceship that serves as house that you can expand and decorate
>good aesthetics and great building
>most of the decor is pretty cool looking

what i hate about it:

>random generated worlds with nothing in them
>quests are garbage
>all of the enemies look terrible and dont really have a purpose or are challenging
>random generated worlds make it unlikely to find cool npc villages or places to explore
>boring combat
>so much that was never finished or added to the game

i just cant believe they managed to make a game then be so incompetent to not finish it

Two things.

Attached: 1469936027220.jpg (516x579, 218K)

>they removed all the cool lore and special racial abilities upon 1.0

Your taste is wrong and instead of describing why it is wrong or why my own taste is superior I will just affirm to you that you have bad taste for that will not only educate you of your failings but also help you gain better taste for surely it is thee who has bad taste as your taste does not align with that of my own or of that of my samefaggots that are of the same mind as me.

Endgame post-wall becomes a clusterfuck of boss rush checklists and doesn't have the feel of progression that pre-Hard bosses gave. Music was hit or miss but most of the shit I heard was the underground theme or the generic boss theme, and they're fucking grating.
Starbound is guilty of it to, and it comes down to things like the meat slaps, pain sounds, monsters, weapons, and metallic sounds that feel out of place from each other. The stone/ore "tink" from mining is really satisfying, though.
What

>Love Starbound's visuals, music, planets, "lore", and buildings, but hate virtually everything else
How the fuck do you like Starbound music? Also, how the fuck the "lore" if there is basically none left in the final game?
What variety? There are like 4 or 5 different planets with different colors palette with the same NPCs giving you the same shitty quests, and the undergrounds are virtually identical and useless

Nah only one.

Attached: 1559096759684m.jpg (753x1024, 97K)

i want to FUCK the plants

Hylotl are good too and you are wrong.

Attached: 1450384967682.png (965x1001, 391K)

Extremely homosexual taste.

I put "lore" in quotes because its more about how the races are placed and what led them to their culture is displayed in their dialogue and furniture. It's not that deep and the codex entries aren't entirely worth cataloguing, but it was entertaining to learn about them.

>wanting to fuck plants and fishes
>but not S T A R P U S S Y

Maybe you shoud play past beginning hardmode you short attention spanned faggot.

Attached: m4tLMOsZUYL6gNJ50TDJyRv1JV3brqgTQPIWQyTcK1c.jpg (1000x563, 60K)

They improved the biomes and planet generations
I really liked decayed planets with ruined cities.

The only races worse than Novakids are modshit like Avali and ponies

Attached: guppy_by_inkvor-d9qqbs3.png (398x579, 71K)

I've beaten the game front to back six fucking times you upitty little nigger.

Hylotl are the best, don't let anyone plant fucker say otherwise

>posts the most braindead easy boss in the game
>it's a Hard boss
lel

Pros:
>Great aesthetic
>Fun gameplay
>Wonderful OST
>Innovative mechanics
>Smooth interworld travel
>Finding a new ruin/village type is fun
>Building is fun and in-depth
>Novakids are dope
>Ships as a main base is peak cozy
>Crew bustling around your ship makes it feel lively
>Quest dungeon things that are decently fun
>Cozy intergalactic hub for shops and upgrades
>Convenient teleportation system
>Upgrades to your equipment require more than just 'lol dig deeper' which makes getting stronger feel more rewarding
>Strong mod community that probably has whatever you're looking for

Cons:
>Very limited number of world relics/villages which means you see all of them quickly
>Main quest is a mix of dungeons (which are fun, the first time at least) and what is essentially a fetch quest based on RNG (which isn't fun at all.).
>Crew members aren't fleshed out at all, aside from random barks they don't offer anything else character wise. They're basically battle pets.
>Every time you start a new character you have to do the half hour~one hour long intro again
>World exploration begins to feel pointless
>For some weird reason, there's like a 5% chance per hour the game will make you horny (see mod sites for help with this)
>Trying to find a Hylotl city will make you suicidal

Attached: 7674896789.png (1207x683, 403K)

Fuck fish, but Fuck suns.

Attached: a126972d4e0a10450e55bbc8fb0b2b2c.jpg (900x1536, 200K)

That Hylotl in the cockpit has very large breasts.

Attached: _fa__hylotl___starbound_by_shan3ng-dbb0cky.jpg (600x1000, 376K)

This game could've been saved by making it an MMO.
>All players are part of a mega server
>The universe is made up of Unexplored worlds, Known Worlds, and Claimed Worlds
>Unexplored worlds are custom to the player character. An hour after your first landing it becomes a 'Known world'
>Known worlds are already-existing worlds that you or another planet landed on previously. If a player wishes to the planet can be 'Claimed', if it ISN'T claimed it will be culled from the server after 24 hours
>Claimed worlds belong to a player. And will only be deleted if the player chooses to do so. The player can choose what limitations visitors have to deal with on their planet. (Whether they can destroy blocks, whether they need an invitation or to be on your friend's list to land, etc.)

These things combined with an outlaw/bounty hunter system to deal with pvp greasies and the whole game would be a lot richer.

>What
What? What? What? As stated previously, you have been wrong, are wrong, and shall always be wrong about videogames due to your flawed taste when it comes to critiquing media as the fact of the matter is that your taste is shit for reasons that clearly elude you.

It's past early hardmode though you illiterate dumb nigger.

>Strong mod community that probably has whatever you're looking for
I wish that was the case. No mod to make enemies a challenge, fix the story quests, fix the progression and make planets really interesting. Also why the fuck is that fucking Viera mod still not fucking finished? The games been out for years now.

>after Plantera
Yikes.

>>All players are part of a mega server
>>The universe is made up of Unexplored worlds, Known Worlds, and Claimed Worlds
>>Unexplored worlds are custom to the player character. An hour after your first landing it becomes a 'Known world'
user...

These things were pretty much just a donation add-on hence why chucklefuck pretty much leaves them forgotten.

Damn straight she does!
My slimy fish wife has some real buoyancy to her

Bullshit, I am currently playing the game with mods and the planets are the same empty shells since the game was released.
The only good things in this game are the building, the furniture and the clothes variety, the rest can sadly only partially fixed with mods

>ignoring the natural progression
Double yikes. Probably the turbo autidt thst just ignores the jungle and spelunking completely and does Skeletron the first night like a speed running tranny you are.

You can't get into the temple without beating Plantera, so what the fuck are you babbling about?

Why do furries fawn all over Avali when they aren't even that cute
They're kinda just weird

Did I say something stupid?
Ah, jeez. Now I'm embarrassed

It's been a while since I played, please remind me of what I'm messing up

>furgins
>rationality
They shit in diapers and rape tied down puppies, don't try to understand the degenerates.

the usual big promises they couldnt keep

It's pretty underrated desu, the modpacks on the workshop make modding really easy to do, and there is so many features and things to do now. New official update on the way as well

Someone has a list with everything they promised but got removed or canned from the final game? I really want to know how this game supposed to look like.

I know it's you Fucklefish

Too many fish in this thread and not enough plants.

Attached: 1558312898374m.jpg (549x1024, 71K)

Game already has a hard enough time as is handling a game with four people playing it. How is it going to handle chunking thousands of planets that people are eventually going to planetcrack off the map?

Starbound's character customization is great. If you know what you're doing and have a little help you can even have custom shit without mods, basically making anything possible with some time and effort. Doing that causes memory leaks though so that's a bit of a mess.

Attached: community_image_1387446962.png (732x745, 273K)

>For some weird reason, there's like a 5% chance per hour the game will make you horny (see mod sites for help with this)
Excuse me, what?

Attached: 1503219497834.jpg (640x923, 62K)

not enough RPG elements IMO
they should've went full autismo and spent more time making each races play differently as well as just look cool

also the combat isn't that great, it's not too bad but seeing as you spend half your time killing shit, it's way too basic

and finally the story isn't entertaining enough, I keep trying to give the game a solid go because I love what it represents and the modding community is there to fix the rest of the issues (save for the fucking combat of course) but I just stop playing a couple hours in because I honestly can't seem to give a fuck about any of it

Sex mods when?

>Bullshit
But it's the truth.
Pic related is a custom build from someone that built in the ruins in said biome.

Attached: o4fo5687nxfy.jpg (1366x768, 233K)

>Fun gameplay
>Wonderful OST
>Upgrades to your equipment require more than just 'lol dig deeper' which makes getting stronger feel more rewarding
>Innovative mechanics
>Smooth interworld travel
Are we talking about the same game? Did you really believe your own lies?
The gameplay is the worse thing about Starbound, your character is floaty as fuck, the combat fucking sucks, the monster are virtually all the same, the weapons are crap and the bosses are awful. Also the upgrade system makes you grind for materials for dozens of hours to make you shitty gun into shitty gun+1, at least on Terraria your new equipment always make you much stronger that your old one.

Attached: 1559523493532.jpg (500x500, 60K)

Sexbound is a thing.

Mods are kinda bad, the fanart is so much better.

Attached: 1555365918922.png (500x600, 150K)

>install Sexbound
>walk in on a penguin fucking a hylotl
>penguin is standing on a stool while hylotl is strapped to a machine that lifts her legs off the ground
Am I supposed to fap or laugh

Attached: 1528570352922.gif (250x200, 9K)

Howdy.

Plant girls are made for luminescent boys

Attached: 562745696786.png (1024x1437, 1.59M)

And there is also a Vore mod if that is your thing.

Neither, the only appropriate reaction is fear and disturbance

Attached: eyes.jpg (905x700, 71K)

I agree.
Terraria's music is genuinely awful. It's like someone with 0 musical skill took a bunch of random melodies and stuck them together with no regard to coherence or flow. Like, you have a beat playing for 2 seconds then it's just a random passage completely unrelated, then some random silence. I hate to do it but I had to mute the music after a few hours and play my own thing.

Hylotl are based off of japan so it's no surprise they're total degenerates

this TBQH
starcowboys are best and plants are only for lewd

I want to fuck their slimy wet pussies until I blow a huge load deep inside them and create halfbreeds.

failed to attract terraria players because terraria has remained a staple game for friends to play together with.

You trying to pretend like you've never wanted to fuck a Poptop, user?

>Terraria was a pretty good idea, let's expand upon it
>"Expand" by making most planets completely barren and empty, content is literally solar systems apart
>Cut out the interesting lore and race backstories, make everything milquetoast "quirky" lol penguins
>Cut unique race mechanics, make all of the races homogenous
>Randomized Diablo loot, the bane of video games
>Combat was slightly improved from its earlier iterations, but has so much easily exploitable cheese tactics

>tfw bought starbound and payday 2 betas one after the other

Attached: Screenshot_126.png (555x534, 307K)

dating sim mod where you can impregnate your wife and have hybrid mutants with and see them grow up W H E N

Don't toy with my heart user, nobody shares my opinion. I'm also sure I want to take back my opinion on Starbound's being good, but it never pissed me off as much as some Terraria tracks did.

Its worse for building than terraria you clot. Its main pitfall was RNG universe with absolutely fuck all to explore and no reason at all to ever bother with hazardous planets

Poptops look so fucking stupid, fuck all the retarded pretend cute shit in Cuckbound.

I tried to play it with a friend a while back, and we soon discovered that there isn't a single quest in the game that can be completed in co-op. No matter what quest it is, doing it together means only one person gets counted as completing it. What this meant is that we had to do everything twice before we could actually finish anything.

So yeah, pretty majr flaw there.

>hating terraria graphical design
What the actual fuck is wrong with you?

Attached: 1556933783585.gif (244x192, 2.58M)

Hybrids I'm not sure, but the basic mod comes with a pregnancy mechanic, but they come out as a clone of the NPC that got nutted in.

The whole dev story of this game is chucklefuck taking good ideas and either ruining them or throwing them out entirely.

>super fucking small and fairly detailed sprites
>zoomed really far out
>given lighting effects

I can understand why someone would think Terraria's visuals can get cluttered sometimes.

How is it worse for building than Terraria?

3rd here, fuck terrarria's ost and it's garbage aesthetic

minecraft is more pleasing to the eyes than that technicolor, discount yoshi island looking garbage

that's kinda lazy but it's a good start

Your virulent response makes me think you're hiding something user

You don't actually want to fuck one, do you?

Not sure, because nobody can fucking tell me. I remember people had a problem with the character being near perfect copies of Final Fantasy 6 sprites, but they decided to double down and give them in-between animations. Everything else in the game involves rotating sprites and it kept bugging the shit out of me.

say what you want, stardew vally is leagues better than any harvest moon game. that includes whatever retarded nostalgia fueled rebuttal any of you give.

ps
AWL isnt that good

Ever considered that "clutter" can be part of the intended difficulty of the game? When a horde comes at you, you SHOULD have trouble focusing on a specific enemy you want to attack. Hell the main thing about Terraria is how it nails the pre3D spritework so wonderfully. It's like the artists aren't afraid of using colors and high contrast.

Pretty sure there's no mod for fucking a Poptop. I've checked.

Well lets start with the fucking obvious that every single person with a functional brain will notice within 10 seconds of passing the intro

The build tool isn't the right size by default for the jank ass character models. They won't even play long enough to realize you can't craft even a fraction of the blocks you want to build with.

>terraria still gets update once a year
>starbound abandon-ware since cucklefish got ass blasted with frack/sex modders

>another thread devolved into us vs them "discussion" about one thing being shit and another thing supposedly being infallible and godly

I want this shit to end

Attached: Ch6aCb6UkAAeHun.jpg (600x450, 34K)

Someone post more Floran to salvage this thread.

Attached: 1552959325832.jpg (576x1024, 106K)

Never played much HM but it's definitely better than Stardew Valley. Not that it matters since SV wasn't developed by Chuckefuck.

Compared to Terarria, which gives you the option of building 1x1 at all times. Not sure how that's a downgrade when you can upgrade to 5x5, and there are options and hotkeys to scale the size up/down on the fly.
>They won't even play long enough to realize you can't craft even a fraction of the blocks you want to build with.
Good point, but mods have already allowed every block and furniture type to become placeable for years now. Yes, muh mods.

I like both, I don't think both are perfect, and I'm on Yea Forums. It's going to happen.

Starbound allows you to place (and wear) custom shit without mods if you know what you're doing and have a good save file editor

it's all technically still vanilla and has no limits, it's fucking ridiculous

Avians and that Avali mod race are hot cute

are there any good combat overhaul mods?

Furfag pls go and stay go.

Attached: 1552107843606.png (600x1328, 410K)

I've been playing Terraria for years. 8 pirated a copy when it came out because it was uch a cluster fuck and the devs being dicks, but they actually ended up fixing the game and humbled out, so I bought a steam and gog copy.

Starbound just fails in every aspect of game play. It's the worst parts of Terraria made into the sole focus of an entire game

no

>waa stop having opinions i don't like
terraria jumps from peaceful to fuck you have 15mins of endless projectile mobs too quickly but at least the enemies all give progression

mobs are almost non existent in starbound and dont give you anything. toxic/frozen water base building is max comfy though

This is your brain on furfaggotry.

Attached: 1556408965905m.jpg (768x1024, 117K)

>mobs are almost non existent in starbound and dont give you anything
That's something I think is missing from my life. I need to find a mod/option that throws plasma shitting birds at me at all times.

Hylotls aren't furry

what happened to the dog?

I can decide bros

Should I pollinate a plant?
Or fertilize a fish?

They're fish people

Realms of Magic is fun and gets regular updates. It's an actual RPG terraria clone. planet centari is also OK

don't ask

It met a horrible fucking death at the hands of degenerate furgin.

Attached: 1549133676094.png (582x456, 34K)

Hylotl are in this weird gray area where they're clearly alien, varied and weird enough to not be fully fur trash but the influences are still present.

It's weird.

Attached: 1535991250.karidon_dtkewjdvoaaclid.png (800x1271, 1.15M)

no that's just your brain on psychopathy

Hylotl are alien not furfag. Don't let furfags tell you otherwise.

>woof
No way, you mean that dude who wears diapers and could only ever say "im gay" murder fucked a puppy? what the fuck

Common trait in degenerate furniggers alright along with poor hygiene and lack of self awareness and shame.

Interesting but looks too early to tell. Good looking games go tits up in a heartbeat now.

So they're more in the same boat as Floran.
I guess replace the hylotl with apex in what I said earlier maybe?

Well yeah, I like Hylotl a lot. They're fun and I have art of mind drifting around on the internet somewhere

They're clearly japanese people that turned into fish when Japan went under the ocean. With the knowledge, what can they be classified as?

Lacked depth and substantial content.

I'm more of a plant man myself but you can post fish if you want.

Attached: 1552103988926m.jpg (982x1024, 88K)

I put in 17 hours. What I did play was alright, but it didn't hook me to finish the story and explore everything like Terraria. In which I've put in over 10 times more hours.
Honestly, I think I only put in that many because I felt "well, I bought it, it would be a waste to quit after a few hours."

One issue was that crafting in Starbound didn't feel as nice as in Terraria. It felt more arbitrary and like it was pushing you to move on from place to place, rather than like Terraria where crafting felt like a reward for exploring and coming back home.

That's linked to the biggest problem, I think. Both games are about exploring and building a home.
But Starbound has you build a home on one planet, abandon it, build a home on another planet, abandon it, repeat repeat. So getting attached feels pointless.
You have your spaceship, but you're limited in what it looks like, you're limited in how fast you can grow it, and you can't (as far as I know) integrate it into the planet you're on.
On the other hand, Terraria lets you build a big base and expand it as much as you want right off the bat, encouraging you to weave little pathways to and fro to the rest of the world. Your home feels like a hub, which you naturally want to go back to, rather than something you'll either abandon after an hour or see very sparingly.
And for a game where building your own home is the main draw, that's a dealbreaker.

Is it possible to remake Starbound to not be shitty? Like a Binding of Isaac Antibirth?

Attached: 1552103172903.png (800x1100, 393K)

You pretty much described No Man's Sky.

I want to fertilize a plant!

Yes, but it'd require such an insane amount of overhauling and effort that it would probably not be worth it. There's a ton of issues with the variety in the game and the fact everything's so easily broken that it's almost absurd to think about.

Attached: we just don't know.gif (250x250, 1.04M)

You and me both.

Attached: 1552102642306.jpg (714x1000, 311K)

>But Starbound has you build a home on one planet, abandon it, build a home on another planet, abandon it, repeat repeat.
Wait, why? I thought the whole point was to pump all resources into one planet you liked and your ship, and then fuck up the rest of them for the resources.

Everything else is correct. The one thing Ter has over SB is that it can actually fully function on its own from start to finish. Vanilla SB never fixes any core issues, even though they've slowly updated the game for almost five years. The game legitimately would not be worth my time out of the box.

Attached: 1545797195471.jpg (637x358, 73K)

the fact that the devs skimped on content, had a god awful community policy, practically run away with the money for nearly a year.

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Yea Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up.

You appear to have saved and reposted an image from a mobile device without checking for if it has been compressed or not. Just look at that graininess and desaturation! Whoops! Did you know, phoneposting measurably reduces the quality and fidelty of images circulated across the Internet? This is because opening large images on a phone redirects to a resized image that is capped at x1024 and converted to .jpg! If the user downloads these images without checking the url, they will be getting the converted image, not the original! Once these inferior images are reposted by the phoneposter, and saved by another, they lose their m.jpg tag, which is a primary indicator of their origin and the malicious act perpetrated by the phoneposter!

Phoneposting is already poor form due to its pernicious effect on the post quality and culture of this imageboard. If you must use your mobile device, please check your image urls before downloading them! If you see the "m", remove it and launch the page. If you get a 404, replace ".jpg" with ".png" instead. It's foolproof!

Now, there's no need to thank me. I'm just doing my part in maintaining the greater image pool on Yea Forums!

What about remaking a new game entierly? Would obviously require the license that Chucklefuck will no doubt only sell at some bullshit inflated pricetag. Wish I had Notches fuck you money to make it happen.

Attached: 1552958666955.png (600x1050, 256K)