tired of rosterfags

Just give me sword Gohan Sakruai

>top 4 is all but guaranteed
>four people who have never won a super major have won them in the past 2 years
kek

>reasons melee suck
can't list them all, there is a post limit in these threads

name some main points then

so the reason melee isn't allowed is because there's no "HOLY FUCK" moments?
because if someone were to somehow pull off the kind of shit in this video I would pay money
youtube.com/watch?v=A8p-CYk7lwQ
youtube.com/watch?v=45EmWzR3YPc

Melee, as a party game, doesn't suck. It's fun, it has a lot going for it compared to the rest of the games in the series (even if I still prefer Ultimate) and anybody saying the game is objectively trash is just being disingenuous.

But it's not a competitive fighter. When people turn it into on they abuse exploits like no tomorrow and turn off 85% of the game just to reach a threshold nearing acceptability, and even then it has the same issues the OP image already brought up.

Can someone please explain why meleefags are so fucking annoying? Is it autism?

I have no problem with Melee itself, but with how blatantly the Meleefags of Yea Forums don't actually play it. Every thread about the game is about Twitter screencaps and gossip. It's a vehicle for fucking eceleb discussion and nothing else.

Netplay never gets off the ground. Locals are never discussed. They're just a bunch of stream watchers.

This, it's a fun game to play with friends and has some depth to the gameplay but that's it, the competitive scene of the franchise gets stale real fast at least for someone who just likes the game casually

Attached: 1558734539160.jpg (1008x600, 212K)

>the absolute state of this retarded image
IT'S NOT FUCKING FAIR BROS, IF MY IRATE Yea Forums BLUSTER IS SO IMPOTENT, THEN WHAT HOPE DO I HAVE OF WILLING WHAT I DISLIKE OUT OF EXISTENCE?

Attached: Untitled.png (460x317, 27K)

Attached: 02.27.2019 The day melee (finally) died.png (1331x294, 74K)

>TAS-shit
>thinking someone can actually pull that off in real time

ssbwiki.com/List_of_national_tournaments

lmao holy shit it's true

I feel bad for melee players even if it's the truth, they just can't move on

Kirby sucks in melee
Fox is the only character worth playing seriously.
Fox is the only character that wins fights against all others
Nobody ever wants to play the fun maps because they can’t stand random elements in their games
Nobody ever likes to play with items on for the same reason
Anybody that plays this game competitively doesn’t fucking shower

Any more?

Of course they can't move on. They're bitter manchildren clutching at the phantom glory of yesteryear.

It will end up like Quake but what the fuck is up with it lasting this long? I think Nintendo making new Smash games doesn't want to make it competitive because the community will last for decades lmao.

characters suck in all games
marth, peach, sheik, ice climbers, falcon, puff
marth beats fox 60-40
playing it competitively is fun for them
luck reduces skill and then no one could see who the best is when they keep getting killed by things out of their control
sick strawman

>a falcon winning a major invalidates the past decade of stale shit
nah

>Kirby sucks in melee
This is the only true thing you wrote.
>Fox is the only character worth playing seriously
Except recent supermajors have been won by Puff, Marth, Falco, Sheik, Falcon, and Peach.
>Fox is the only character that wins fights against all others
He arguably loses to Marth and Puff. And has a bunch of relatively even matchups. He's still the best character, but his own weaknesses prevent him from truly dominating Melee like other top tiers dominate their respective games.
>Nobody ever wants to play the fun maps because they can’t stand random elements in their games
And what's wrong with that? Why play on shitty maps with tons of random shit? It's not just randomness either, tons of maps are glitchy, promote camping, allow certain characters to be even more dominant, etc. People want to fight each other, not fight against the map.
>Nobody ever likes to play with items on for the same reason
Items can randomly spawn in at any time and destroy combos or just outright kill you. Again, literally no one that competes wants this.
>Anybody that plays this game competitively doesn’t fucking shower
Nice meme.

Attached: 1505930672958.png (645x729, 50K)

>Strawman
Truth hurts nigga
>Actually defending competitive smash
Wew lad

>not responding to any other point
>haha truth hurts

Attached: JgYJvEA.jpg (601x508, 31K)

Not really. The game is fun to play casually or competitively. But I stopped watching melee after the novelty ran out. Same "Smash Gods" just makes melee boring to keep up with.

question for melee fags ITT
why is it that the only characters i see in the top ten are always
>Jigglypuuf
>Falco which is a clone of Fox
>Fox
>Sheik
>Peach
>Captain Falcon
>Marth
>Ice climbers, this one AFAIK has a banned movement
>yoshi
how comes these are the only "viable" characters and no other player ever bothers to master an uncommon character like Ness, Kirby or DK? why is it that through all these years we keep seeing the same old farts winning the same events with the same characters?
>inb4 those characters suck, you have to stick to the viable ones
if Melee is so great then why is there only a selection of characters you should play as if you want to win?

>tfw played super smash bros melee as a kid with brothers and friends but never got autistic about it, and never once played it since gamecube

feels good to not be a stinky autist, grow up kids

Attached: meleeroaches.png (2000x387, 430K)

>le ebin angry kermit meme
What a reddit screencap

thats enough variation for quite a good time

>if Melee is so great then why is there only a selection of characters you should play as if you want to win?
Because quite simply the game wasn't balanced with competitive play in mind. The lower tiers in Melee are really bad although they have seen some niche usage throughout the years. Nobody is winning major or supermajor tournaments with them but they still get played by those who care about them. All things considered 10/26 isn't a terrible ratio for the number of viable characters in a game not balanced around competitive play.

same here, i used to play melee a lot, got all the unlocks and cleared all the events and i switched to brawl as soon as it came out, and again, got all the trophies and unlocks you could possibly get because brawl single player mode was glorious, much later on discovered that there is people who only play without items and they go as far as looking up very specific GC controllers to get the lowest input delay or use techniques as "odor" to distract opponents in order to win matches, no shit, I've seen people here actually endorsing this shit because is clever and "fuck hygiene"
i just saw some nigger recently ranting on twitter about another nigger who lost a match because the cold temperature of the room made the nigger's high melanin level feel uncomfortable which means the match was rigged by the organizers so the white guy could win, like just how the fuck is it possible to have these levels of autism?

>I am bad at smash and do not understand it therefore it is dumb

Attached: 1557970929204.jpg (470x533, 38K)

>WAAAAA only good players can criticize muh game!
take a shower and use some deodorant

Is this for real?
Why aren't people memeing this harder, this is even worse than the whole shower shit.

Attached: Cat_panic.png (500x459, 297K)

You cats need to stop jerking it to Kermit. Just disliking what you dislike doesn't make him right.

Frankly, I'm still insulted that guy tried to invoke Vampire Savior as sign of the FGC's stregnth.

>no arguments

Attached: 1476484673568.jpg (320x240, 26K)