>level ideas
>other thoughts
mario maker 2 thread

Attached: maker.jpg (940x470, 162K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tAmxgw4zP1k#t=3m51s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

SMB2 OR GTFO

I would love SMB2, but one that is a 2.5D version of a 3D game like 64 would also be choice.

super paper mario would be dope

>mario 64 is another 3d game with different controls and would make sense as a reward for completion of the "rebuilding peach's castle" story mode
>mario 2 was highly requested for smm1 and can work on its own now that exclusives to extra themes are a thing

I have no idea why they added 3D World when so many basic features from Mario are still missing like overworlds and secret exits. If how they're going to expand the series is by adding more half assed themes instead of fleshing out existing ones I have no interest in the series anymore.

>predictions for the 6th theme
I predict that there won't even be a 6th theme

There will be none, that in the direct was just a typo

Why's it off center then

It's obviously SMB2

Paper Mario theme

Design consistency. It is not an "empty slot" if it is the last thing in a column, it is just dead space to keep the format.

I would be very happy to have a Galaxy theme somehow

no friend online no buy

Two questions

Anyone knows where to pre-order the limited edition in Mexico with the free year and stylus? I can't find it on Amazon Mexico.

How do slopes work on SMB?

You weren't gonna buy it in the first place

Now that 3D games are on the table, I feel confident in saying an Oddessy theme. With hat-throwing, enemy capturing goodness.

>how to slopes work on SMB

it just works

That would be pretty cool but sounds like a bit much, I'd put my money on a Super Mario Bros 2 theme over an Odyssey theme.

I want to play as Mario.

It makes sense to reuse all the textures in the new SM3dw theme and combine them with the physics they use in the story mode to just have a 3d theme, all they need is to change the maker part of it. Normal people and kids are not excited for SMB2 and it wont sell DLC like an actual 3d maker would.

Attached: 3d.jpg (1200x675, 100K)

Super Mario Land 2 would work with the floaty night theme and the claw. It would be more compatible with the other themes, so it wouldn't be too different like 3D World is.

There won't be a 3D Maker mode until Super Mario Maker 3(D)

>overworlds and secret exits
It's a course maker, not a campaign maker. Nobody wants to play through some shitter's autistic magnum opus fangame. You get one level to impress me and then you can fuck off.

You only base this on the naming being nice (3D) but people will be upset if it doesn't have the 2D styles in it too. If they can generate hype for DLC they will do anything if its possible to put into the current game.

new themes is what gets normalfags hyped and invested. On this very board there were tons of people who supposedly weren't even interested until 3D World was shown. Then you have all the dumb shit like people asking for Wario and Odyssey modes, who probably don't even really care about the core 2D gameplay. Unfortunately, you can't market slopes and on/off switches to the masses so here we are.

Attached: L_is_real.png (640x447, 289K)

Probably the safest guess would be SMB 2 but I dunno how would it work. It's not like SMB 2 had great level design, in fact it was a fucking reskin of Doki Doki Panic

Super Mario World 2 Yoshi's Island would be great but it's a game designed around Yoshi

So that basically leaves Super Mario Land

Super Mario Land would be a shit theme, but Super Mario Land 2 would be great, especially if they colorized it.

The 6th theme will be Sonic

I’m really disapointed with this one. There’s so many good ideas they could have done like Mario 64, sunshine, galaxy, galaxy2, and odyssey, nsmb 1 & 2, nsmb wii, mario land, and Mario advanced level themes. They should of made way more than just the 4 that were already in the first one. If I wanted to play those I would play Mario maker 1 since it’s basically the same game except less ramps.

smb2usa, every other option is delusional

im a little sad 3dw misses so many basic features like tracks and stacking in order to make way for "charvarrges" and "track blocks".. also water being only in forest is stupid but otherwise nice game

Mario Maker 2 has plenty of new content, bloating it with themes would just take away from the final product. I'd rather the old themes but with new course elements, like they're doing.

I really want a Mario 64 Theme. You would be able to create levels with 1 to 3 starts, that would activate by completing objectives around the stage (pretty much like the clear conditions, but maybe more complex). Alongside with the level, you could also edit an intro stage for the level, that showed each Star's mission, like in Mario 64.

>Obviously it's going to be Mario 2
>Maybe vs remixes of older levels IDK
I want to play as more characters.

>No All-Stars art style
>Night themes hard locked behind gimmicky garbage
>''''Sequel'''' which adds a whole 3 enemies (not counting 3D World which is its own thing)
>Still missing a massive amount of key enemies which would make the game infinitely better just by their presence.
>Still can't place water blocks
>Still no Koopalings
>Still no Reznor
>Entire sequel just boils down to - slopes and 3D world.
Yeah no. This low effort cashgrab was clearly made for trannies and low IQ brainlets who lap up any old shit.
Give me night themes without the gimmicks, 10 more enemies AT MINIMUM and the Koopa kids and then it will be worth it.
Add in All-Stars SMB art and then it will be beyond perfect.

Attached: night.png (256x224, 3K)

It's gonna be Odyssey, you plebs.

lol you're expecting far too much, almost as if you're entitled
Be happy with what you're given, don't be disappointed that they can't read your mind to deliver your autistic fantasies.

When's the last time you touched your Wii U, anons?

Imagine if the 6th theme was wario land.

Can they do this or is it strictly Mario only

>Gimmick free night themes, 10 more enemies and koopa kids are asking for too much
Imagine unironically thinking this.

Attached: 12544537556967097.png (625x773, 143K)

A few months ago when I ordered a replacement Gamepad charging cable (old one got frayed to shit and broke) and finally hacked it. Put a shit load of Gamecube games onto it and haven't touched it since.

>Still can't place water blocks
Even with the Mario series' sense of physics, floating water blocks would be highly illogical.

Attached: 609948-new-super-mario-bros-wii-wii-screenshot-jumping-between-water.png (848x476, 620K)

2 days ago. I use mine regularly to play Wii games.

>SMB2
>A level where you're going the wrong way the whole time
>I think nintendo should add online with friends, because it should be a standard in every multiplayer game

Who here is bummed about the music? Only the NES songs and the editor themes are sounding half-decent; shit like the new Night themes being completely unfitting music box remixes and the grating MIDI of the new Mario World themes are unpleasant. Thank goodness for the new music effects and the 3D World soundtrack, though.

I mean like pic related basically.

Attached: waterblocks.png (1008x413, 450K)

If we're getting another theme, it'll be SMB2, it's the only one that makes sense.
I've used the Wii U so much my gamepad has a battery life of two minutes.

Oh look, it's the retarded sperg who can't make a single post without obsessing over transexuals. It was a good thread while it lasted, I guess.

Is that real?

>Talking about this game after online
The absolute state of this series

Slightly off topic, not sure if anyone here has this kind of background, but does streaming off a Switch require anything more than a toaster of a computer?

SMB3 airship has thunderstorm effect at night.
Lightning can be a bit eyesore but it's cool to see rain in 2D Mario.

Attached: airshipnight.jpg (2436x1125, 240K)

the forest and snow smworld themes are god awful and yes the NES songs are very faithful to the original's limitations. not sure about smb3 cus they show like none of it off and definitely not SMWorld lol

I sold mine so 2-3 years ago

i don't know why nintendo went out of their way to completely ruin night themes
>gimmicks
>ruined the music by adding a shitty music box track over it
what the fuck was their problem?

The console still holds up for collectors, if homebrewed you can play all Nintendo console games up to itself

If you want to stream a good game that you can design things in for a stream play Dreams.

SMB2 isn't different enough for it to be locked out of the other styles. I'm hoping for SMW2.

their problem is making terrible choices much like how you had the terrible choice of buying this game.

My gamepad broke 2 years ago, so then.

Nintendo is fucking retarded, that's why.
Fans -
>Give us Night themes, yo
Nintendo -
>Okay here's night themes but we also made it so that you have to play the stages upside down, with your controls inverted and every so often the screen will fade to black for 10 seconds

Attached: 125545697606.gif (220x190, 1.66M)

>SMB2 isn't different enough for it to be locked out of the other styles.
Uh yeah it is, the gameplay is totally different.

SMM2 looks fun to me and none of your incessant bitching is going to stop me from enjoying it

If you bought Mario Maker 2 digitally with that voucher shit, what's a good game to go with it? I think I'd want to do that but I don't know what game to pick.

It's SMB with a pickup/throw shit option.

>It's a "coping tranny tries to reassure himself that the garbage he's buying is good" episode
Pottery.

Attached: 12153237455667976.png (446x446, 280K)

this is what nincels do to cope please understand

If you're gonna criticize the night themes at least get it right
Each theme has a different night gimmick. Personally I think the low gravity night time gimmick is awesome and will lead to some cool space levels.
It would be too boring if it was the exact same gameplay but just at night, the gimmicks mix things up and allow for greater creativity.

I was actually pretty excited for this game but once the news came out I hated the game. It doesn't affect me but I'd rather I'd have the same opinions as everyone else

It's not an option, you have to pick up and throw shit to win. You couldn't just mesh it in with the other traditional themes.

there is literally no reason why night mode can't be just an appearance thing while all of the gimmicks are separate toggles

There's a sixth theme?

I want water blocks so badly. We NEED them in this game. They were a bigger complaint of mine with the last game. I don't know why slopes were seem as so much more important.

Most likely not.

just ignore it and hopefully it'll go away.

I think Astral Chain is compatible with it, comes out later this year. Also Fire Emblem comes out in July I think, and later we have Pokemon and Animal Crossing.

See this is why I call you niggers brainlets.
Nobody is saying that the gimmicks couldn't be fun in their own right, the problem is that they're holding the night themes at gun point.
If the gimmicks were optional this wouldn't be an issue, but they're not, so it is.

Attached: 1559275138827.jpg (2000x2000, 1.85M)

Wasn't that in 3 Allstars?

Imagine being excited for a Mario game in the first place I mean that's very adult of anyone here to do...well you are 18+ right?

According to the direct
"Once you unlock the night versions of themes you don't have to use the moon course part to use them"

>I want water blocks so badly. We NEED them in this game. They were a bigger complaint of mine with the last game. I don't know why slopes were seem as so much more important.
This but unironically.
Then again, I don't know. I'd still be mad if slopes weren't in either. Slopes AND water blocks are both just as important as each other IMO.

I don't like them removing the costume powerups.

that doesn't change anything shithead

>tfw gonna make a speed run level where a giant horizontal thwomp chases you the whole way

Attached: dancing ed.gif (228x420, 85K)

the game has this separate category called "extra game styles" right now there's only one extra

And I don't like you buying the game but hey you'll do it anyways and everyone will mock you for it

What songs from 3D World do the 3D World Sky and Airship themes use?

I have never owned a single Nintendo console.

>the last game barely had any typical 2D Mario-structured levels
Jebus knows I'll be making a ton of those.

Attached: 1450742740672.png (800x1280, 223K)

I'm proud for you and your quality taste jn gaming may you laugh at all nincels in the future.

Weren't you complaining that night time required playing with the gimmicks?

>Having friends

I don't like how so many new enemies (at least so far) are 3DW exclusive.
Old 4 themes only have Angry Sun, Banzai Bill, Goombrat and the mad lad.
Moreover Banzai Bill and Goombrat are just subspecies.
There's still a chance of DLCs like they added checkpoints and other stuffs in Mario Maker 1 but if they don't reveal any new enemies at E3 it'll be so disappointing

youtube.com/watch?v=tAmxgw4zP1k#t=3m51s
You can check all 3DW themes here

Attached: sadedgy.gif (256x192, 37K)

>Imagine having so little self control you buy Mario Maker 2 after all the bad news
You need medical help

Jesus christ how many times does it need to be said, the moon itself is irrelevant. All the moon does is act as a screen clear, that's what they're referring to. The gimmick is permanently activated on night themes. Period.
Every single person who has had hands on time with the game has reinforced this by saying that the gimmicks can't be turned off.
There's not a single video out there showing the gimmicks off on the night themes too.

Attached: 1559392756939.png (702x978, 478K)

That was a different user I'm complaining more that you give a shit about this game.

Yeah, I'm buying it. How does that make you feel?

Attached: MARIA.png (315x265, 138K)

Not him but I tend to feel pretty good whenever I watch dumb people wasting large chunks of money.

Disappointed but hey you'll likely be used to hearing someone say that about you.

I expect to see this design dozens of times in the first month desu. Not that I'm in any position to judge, still have no idea what to make first.

based

I was excited for the game before multiplayer was even announced because I enjoyed the first one. Am I disappointed that I can't play with my friends? Of course, but I expect that to be addressed. Until then, I still get a sequel to one of my favorite Wii U games.

>all the bad news
Like what? Muh matchmaking-only multiplayer? Who gives a shit.

cope. it's gonna sell 10 million copies easily

>large chunks
>40 some bucks
wut

Well, good luck boycotting a Nintendo game I guess. It'll make all the difference.

>nintendo game
>40 bucks
it's 60

I'm mostly just happy it's not something that's staying dead on the Wii U and has more shit in it for me to make stuff with. I like to make stages.

the only bad news is no online multiplayer with friends
amiibos are a meme

Not sure what I was expecting. At least we get to see Bowser's carnival.

Original or All-Star?
All-Star for me

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 23K)

not when you get 25% off your game purchases when you know how to shop online

The reason you need to get help is beside the fact you're buying Mario Maker 2 is because of one thing you're buying a game in which you create things and build stuff and you know what contributes to that interest autism, so if you want Mario Maker 2 you likely have autism so good job user.

What's the "bad news" about the overpriced McDonald's toys? No functionality with the game? Fucking good, can't stand them locking content behind those things.

Night themes without the gimmicks would be boring
Oh wow the exact same shit as daytime but at night woooow

I'd pay for All-Star skins later on. I just want Mario 2 in

Don’t bother with it. It’s a shitty stylus. Get one of the ones off amazon with multiple tips for like 5 bucks.

the weird ass gba one with all the additions

Dunno about a completion bonus. It would be an amazing unlockable but might limit the number of creators who use that mode to design their levels since not everyone could use it?

NSMB already pretty much is Mario 64 right? Mario galaxy might be more interesting because of gravity mechanics and different enemies and power ups.

I’d rather they make a Mario kart maker than one with the other main games.

Super Mario Land seems the most probable because it was an entire series of games

If we were to get Mario 2 as a theme, would we get the GBA content?

Do you ever wonder if your parents feel shame that you grew up manchildren stuck loving bing bing wahoo instead of finding a job, finding love, and etc.

Attached: 985CE58C-E9D4-41DF-BBEF-F10E13EE0741.png (390x517, 36K)

Years since cemu got good

>A new visual variety for each and every theme would be boring
You sound like a fucking 12 year old with ADHD that needs gimmicky shit plastered everywhere.
Kill yourself.

Attached: 125432534667976.jpg (1451x2048, 339K)

no

Wow, is this bloke mad.

Attached: IM_HAVING_A_WHALE_OF_A_TIME.png (818x818, 141K)

That's wrong. Not having overworlds is retarded because people make levels way too long and jam pack too much bullshit into them to stand out. It completely kills traditional levels because traditional levels on their own are boring and no one stars them.

Well he is a Nintendo fan what did you expect

You need a decent processor if you’re running obs. Decent graphics card. Check system requirements for obs and xsplit.

"I'm not mad I'm disappointed" - Your family

Mario Land or SMW2 would be dope, but it'll probably just be SM64 or something since they sucked it's dick in Odyssey.

You’ve got a year to use it. I’ll probably get AC or Pokémon.

No but they would if they knew I was a phoneposting consolewar shit stain.

So basically nobody is allowed to enjoy anything without your permission. Struggling to accept the fact that people have different tastes and interests is a sign of autism, you know.

Now user no need to lie to yourself

Did they say they’re out for sure or just the amiibo?

>Did they say they’re out for sure or just the amiibo?
They're all out. Can't have them because people in multiplayer mode would not be able to tell each other apart.

Have game.

While most things are free to be enjoyed as you wish some things would get more backlash from people and peers around you such as Lolis outside of Yea Forums and Nintendo over 12 but hey since you're autistic your friends will also like Nintendo so it's okay.

No thanks I'd rather have sex

>call one category with multiple styles singular
>call another category with a single style plural
for what purpose

Attached: Clipboard02.jpg (945x837, 320K)

>bottom left

kys loner fag

God damn.
Someday you will grow up and find out that nobody actually wastes time thinking about what do you or like because you will be too busy with life yourself to give a shit about other people's hobbies.
The only people who can afford a luxury like that are literal children and people that dropped out from life like NEETs.

have sex posting aside fair point user n
and honestly I hope you're right but hey if we're lucky the thread's dead any time now

All the time. I wish I was born a sonychad.

if only..if only

Clearly someone obsessed with asserting his opinion over a "game for 12 year olds" is socially well adjusted and is qualified to give advice on what is acceptable to one's peers.

As long as I'm not a diehard nincel I'm socially adjusted

GRAVITY
R
A
V
I
T
Y

Attached: 1530765436542.png (1920x1080, 3.82M)

Thread is dead at this point user.

At least my console of choice doesn't signal that I love homos and hate tits. :^)

>posts on Yea Forums
>thinks he's "socially adjusted"
kek

Who's to say I'm a Snoy lover

>predictions for the 6th theme
Doki Doki panic

GRAVITY?

Attached: 1538518188892.jpg (800x450, 76K)

>Supports Nintendo
>Thinks he has any right to be considered an adult

>Not using 3D World to do it with a Bully

thread is still dead gravity user

pretty sure that shit is trademarked

And you're a likely tranny who posts anime reaction pics

Just counting my blessings.

Okay why is this thread still alive it's just a Mario Maker 2 thread and after all the shit news just die already.

obsessed

What shit news? Everything has been great.

Mario Galaxy 2 theme makes more sense than SMB2 imo.
Nintendo wouldn't take the trouble to make like 8 new songs just for SMB2.

waaaahhh mommy why can't I pway with my fwiends?!

No friend lobbies lmao

Super Mario USA then

I hope MM2 will continue to pain your ass for months to come.

Who gives a fuck? I'm not buying a level editor to play co-op online

Hey I wouldn't shit this thread if they had friend lobbies so blame Nintendo for this

you have autism my friend

>Allowing Nintendo to get away with fucking up
Do you love that asscream user?

Are there any good shmup levels in the first Mario Maker I should try before 2 comes out?

Oh yeah here's the code for one
Course ID: HAVE-0000-0SEX-6D2E

But they didn't fuck up. There are so many more course elements and different mechanics with the 3D World style and night themes, more than I was expecting. Course elements are the only thing that matter.

This
/thread

>They added cat suits guys so who needs good online in 2019
grow up, have sex, and get a clue

And don't play Mario Maker 2
/thread about time

>BUT MOMMY I CAN'T BINGBING WAHOO WITH MY FRIENDS IT'S SHIT WAAAH
>grow up btw

>I don't have friends so that means no one does
got it

>links awakening getting a remake for switch
>had wart in it
SMB2 confirmed

I am sad the game has no friend online, but I was mainly gonna play singleplayer anyways.
The comp matchmaking might be fun, but also might be garbo. Not excited for competitive don't move levels

>Thinking the remake won't replace Wart with a generic giant frog because fuck SMB2.

>SMB2 SMB2 WART BIRDO SHY GUY POKEY POKES EGGS ON CHOKEY
You make Smash threads seem like art

And finally this shitty thread dies and maybe if we're lucky so will the rest of the Mario Maker 2 threads

Why do you even post if you want the thread to die?

Good point

YOSHIS ISLAND PLEASE

THREAD IS DEAD DUMBASS

I'm out of the loop.

>predictions for the 6th

How do you guys know there is a 6th?

Attached: 1547256362781.png (186x208, 28K)

can you not read

Is it because it says "styles" here?
If so then you guys should brace your selves for disappointment.

No because lf him the thread got bumped and now to thanks to both you and me it'll benbumped again