Barkley 2 is dead part 2, previous thread here >>464466237 Mourn, discuss, etc

Barkley 2 is dead part 2, previous thread here Mourn, discuss, etc.

Multiple former devs weighing in with enormous posts on SA. Will this quote entice you enough to read them?

forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3519798&userid=103527
forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3519798&pagenumber=233#post495591286
forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3519798&pagenumber=233#post495591338

>This is also about the time when I discovered the Dark Drakers, which soured the whole thing further. Dark Draker is a filler character in B2 who talks about being faster than the snapping maw of a drake. I discovered that an entire areas worth of NPC's were just carbon copies of Dark Draker with a different name given to each, AKA the illusion of work being done. Just these 10% finished NPC's basically littering the project to make it seem like it was all good. I suppose the plan was to eventually make them into distinct NPC's but the problem was that the whole game was plagued by the Dark Drakers, and they GREATLY attributed to the shit compile times. I also discovered/was told about some of the more hidden mechanics of the game which can only be described as the concoction of a lunatic. For example, two separate ingame time system both dictating quests and NPC behavior (with NPC's also being dictated by quest variables, items the player has etc.), leading to impossible to fix content. Thank the lord one of these system was later discarded.

Attached: 5c813260d4956e0fa0d82f22c7be5188_original.jpg (1552x873, 229K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m4QlXFtOSoY
youtube.com/watch?v=JsneVykvjlU
mobygames.com/game/windows/katana-zero/credits
web.archive.org/web/20080731035219/http://www.talesofgames.com/games
youtube.com/watch?v=hgO1LUijb0k
youtu.be/m2hig8T788M?t=82
pcgamer.com/development-of-barkley-2-is-in-more-trouble-than-anyone-knew/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>never played original Barkley
>feel bad anyways

IM GONNA SAY IT

sa stopped being good in 2008
kickstarter is cringe
cboy's only good things are the dilbert videos and his music

saddest news i've heard in a while

Attached: gameover.png (734x664, 264K)

Same here, I need to play the first barkley sometime.

it's not fair bros

earlier tweets he was saying its was only him working on it after everyone bailed
now he says he has someone helping him
very weird

Attached: lies lies lies.png (632x757, 74K)

the worst is the twitter PR shithead damage controlling as hard as he can
i'm sure the game is totally going to be finished despite nobody who made barkley 1 being involved anymore and there being two people working on it (not actively)
even if it ever does get finish i highly doubt it will be worth playing with all of this in mind

At least release the vidcon pack to the public gatdam it

Well I guess I don't have to feel bad about not getting off my ass and getting my fanproject off the ground anymore.

>youtube.com/watch?v=m4QlXFtOSoY
2:09:46 for DwarfNET

The creepypasta part at 1:44 is a good one

youtube.com/watch?v=JsneVykvjlU

It's not fair

Attached: Very sad man.jpg (852x480, 23K)

they supposedly spent more money and effort making this than a year of development on the game

The promise has been broken... Well, I mean, I guess technically it could come out before then but I doubt it.

It's quite obvious everything he's saying is bullshit and has been from the start, of course he can't keep his story straight. The second he admits it's over he has to answer to the many people wanting refunds.

New update

Attached: 2019-06-02-191344_736x1165_scrot.png (736x1165, 178K)

URGENT: We have new Dark Draker lore from Gortarius

>Just to clarify (because I now realize my lovely wall of text can be misleading on the Dark Draker details), they all didn't share the same sprite, or at least I don't think they did. Otherwise they were 95% copy-paste jobs.

>The original Dark Draker that the others were copy-pasted from was like this short guy facing northeast or northwest. I think he had a sword and a helmet. It was one of the wasteland/bonfire people. The other Dark Drakers either had some other bonfire NPC sprite or no sprite at all until I fixed them, but what tied them all together was that if you talked to them they would all say how they are as fast as the snapping maw of a drake and how they could kill you seven times over before your corpse would hit the ground, or they would just crash the game.

Just shut the fucking thing down already

Barkley 2 died when it went to kickstarter - Which meant that as a paid product, Barkley 2 wouldn't be able to include all of the irl basketball shit without some kind of licensing

george bush is a great ape from the zoo is his funniest video you faggot

>this was an entire town's worth of NPCs

Attached: c07c2a92f4a55c0d806e46c21e0a9f5d-full.png (923x435, 41K)

Fucking kek, where did you find this pic?

I want to see this guy in every single indie game released from this date onwards

>With the help of one part time coder I will finish this game.
>The sprites, story, dialogue, music will all drop out of nowhere don't worry.

I loved 'gotta bulk up for the big game'.

Attached: Coach.png (416x334, 408K)

god it's not fucking fair bros

good mail
good mail

Wait, cboyardee is attached to Barkley?

Even if the game does, by some miracle, eventually get released, without the writing talent of the original team it just won't be satisfying. The humor is what made Barkley so memorable, and there's no way this new dude could replicate stuff like

He was one of the original creators of it. He dropped off the face of the earth like two years ago and apparently not even the Barkley 2 people have had any contact with him, despite trying.

he didn't drop off the face of the earth, he just ghosted the Barkley 2 producer. he recently had a writing credit in Katana Zero.

Top right corner

Attached: Barkley_title.jpg (320x240, 24K)

>Post on Yea Forums linking to SA in 2019

Oh mama, that's nostalgic. Maybe I should give ol Lowtax 10bux so he can afford some more box wine.

Attached: Bart the General (2).png (320x240, 37K)

god it's just not fucking fair bros

Can't they just put it on Github or something?

>there's nobody left but me and a part time coder
>but we're gonna finish the game guys!
Who honestly believes this? Would be less embarrassing to just dump the source code and assets and move on from this. It's been almost 7 years since the Kickstarter.

Damn, I had no fucking idea he was actually successful. I just remember him from Dilbert 3 and Shrek Is Dreck

Got any proof? Can't seem to find credits/staff anywhere

I didn't even realize SA was still around.

Least I got my body pillows. Where my fellow scamees at?

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1156x1208, 522K)

He posted in RPG codex's Baldur's Gate 3 thread like a day ago.

>Zeitgeist of Swords - last thing you'll ever see.
God this is hilarious, shame we'll probably never see the full game. So much promise.

>all the retards that donated and were exposed last thread
>same retards here that will try to justify their stupid fucking donation

NEVER DONATE TO IDEAS OR CONCEPTS YOU DUMB FUCKS

Anyone with two braincells saw this coming
>random PR people posed as "devs" join in
>actual devs were unorganized
>people(ie retards that donated) trying to find a silver lining in all this

the tog twitter damage control is pathetic

>NEVER DONATE TO IDEAS OR CONCEPTS YOU DUMB FUCKS
Worked out for me, I've backed games like Grim Dawn, Shovel Knight, Hollow Knight, Obduction, Divinity: OS2 and Hyper Light Drifter

You now own a piece of history my friend.

mobygames.com/game/windows/katana-zero/credits
eric shumaker is cboyardee's real name

Don't look for Cboyardee, look for Eric Shumaker. That's his actual name.

At least it will always be clear that you are a true doom murderhead.

francis colombe is also the barkley 2 artist
is katana zero any good? seems like it's the closest thing we'll ever get to B2

Attached: Rgouc4j.png (800x480, 522K)

I wouldn't really compare it to barkley in any way but it's a fun ride
It's on sale at least

literally me

I went into Katana Zero with no expectations and I was pleasantly suprised

Man, that SA thread is a shitshow and just another reminder that backing a vidya on kickstarter is a bad idea. Image how fucked those idiots that backed 100+ dollars must feel.

Perfect.

>I won't hesitate to shoot through a crowd of people in self defense

I pissed away $100 on some mobage last night. It doesn't matter when you make decent money.

This is a late reply, but The Diary of Anne Frank Shareware was listed on ToG's website for a while, but got taken down when Barkley really blew up in popularity. If you google it there's an entry on some crappy game maker type website and a tigsource forum thread with some guy asking about it, but the download link is long dead.

Can anyone really say that they're surprised. At least we have confirmation now that the project is dead as fuck. Not one single original team member left.

>They call me... "the Sneed Feeder"

perfect.

i just looked through my email to see if i can still download the ToG vidcon pack and all the links are fucking broken now. i donated 60 dollars to this shit and i can't even access my rewards anymore. fuck these fucking faggots

no fuck that nigger. he's forcing ads on one of my videos because he added his music to some content claim shit. i fucking hate youtube's cancerous faggot ads and i hate having any of them on any of my videos.

>lighting money on fire doesn't matter

Yeah ok.

WAR CRIMINAL
WAR CRIMINAL

I think I still have that on my old laptop.
I wonder if it still works, not that I know where it is.
Some of those games were honestly really good.

pressure the guy on kickstarter/twitter for these
he's doing a lot of damage control and if he refuses to accept your request it's goin g to look even worse for him

okay i just looked through the vidcon pack and it doesn't seem to be in there, so either it never existed or they're lying about the pack containing "every ToG game ever made"

Make your own music, fuccboi.

>this npc is probably the only piece of barkley 2 that will ever be remembered

blow me nigger.

Where did you buy your nigger?

You'll be surprise. It was much better than I expected when I first played it. (I expected a meme-filled shitty game).

sa thread

>i donated 60 dollars to this shit and i can't even access my rewards anymore. fuck these fucking faggots
this same guy let a barkley 2 pre-order page stay up on the ToG site that "promised" it would release late 2013/early 2014 until today when someone pointed out it was still there
grill him and he will probably cave, he's on hardcore damage control right now

Most of the first game was written by him and bort. Some faggot posted in the other thread that he was only responsible for the music but I'm pretty sure he was just shiposting.

does cboyardee have a twitter presence other than @Cboyardee?

it's being made by an actual developer and already has a publisher so we can only hope.

I don't think so.

web.archive.org/web/20080731035219/http://www.talesofgames.com/games

The link always just went to that create-games website. It used to have some screenshots, it was just a faux-retro indie platformer. Maybe the whole thing was fake and the download link never worked, who knows.

>cboy's only good things are the dilbert videos and his music
>implying this isn't his greatest video
youtube.com/watch?v=hgO1LUijb0k

Good but short

It's all an elaborate ruse they're gonna release it next week

Attached: 1556044511788.gif (1920x1080, 267K)

these aren't the Frog Fractions devs. If they were I'd almost believe they'd pull something like that

Man Frog Fractions 2 was such a fucking disappointment. Who thought making all the interesting stuff so borderline impossible to play was a good idea?

Damn, shit sucks. I hope we get a text dump or art asset dump someday.

agreed. I had to give up halfway through because of one of the many obscure puzzles they throw at you

>Game where the main theme plays during the final boss fight
youtu.be/m2hig8T788M?t=82

Attached: 1522481907243.png (195x189, 94K)

frankie the artist seems like a cool guy. maybe he'll do that.

he also seems like the person who has the most faith in the project besides the guy in charge of the twitter, so i can't see him doing it at the moment.

not at the moment, we weren't talking about that, no. maybe in the future if the project dies in a fire like it seems it's happening

This whole saga reads like a dysfunctional band breaking up.

fuck off bhroom

pcgamer.com/development-of-barkley-2-is-in-more-trouble-than-anyone-knew/

not gonna read that shit, bro

Then don't, faggot.

I'm not, bitch

Powerful bad boys is a masterpiece

>gets triggered over on-topic articles about this game fleecing backers

Fucking retard.

by on-topic article you mean clickbait shit copied and pasted from a forum?

!

Attached: Barkley.png (192x192, 5K)

this was real? i always thought it was a meme

Yeah, that's basically what vidya "journalism" is. Not sure why you're assblasted about it.

gotta get those cleats wet

I'm not assblasted. You're the one caring that much about my disinterest in copy-and-paste "gaming journalism".

This is a fucking pasta waiting to happen

I don't get it.

It's basically a variant on *Teleports Behind You.*

there's nothing to get. it's not that funny. light parody.

everyone ITT acts like it's some sort of comedic genius, though. i'm guessing they're also the type to dump 300+ dollars on this dumpster fire

It's poking fun at edgelords, but more importantly it's fucking sincere comedy, something lost on this place in current year 2000+19

Absolutely insane how everything has to have some layer of irony or sarcasm because "opening up means getting hurt by criticism" so everyone has to be fucking srs bsns all the time

It's just the teleports behind you meme regurgitated. I don't see how it's some sort of work of genius.

>all the little zoomers in this thread that never played Barkley Gaiden
God this board sucks now

also that the game was taking 15 minutes to load just because that one NPC was copy/pasted everywhere.

"sincere comedy" "ironic comedy
I think you should take a break from this board, friend.

that's the most funny imo

15 minutes to compile, not load

I did play some of the game. I just didn't get it. I guess I was too young to enjoy it. I remember the kid and the slums and someone went missing since the last basketball wars?

that gotta be painful for the developers working on it, lol

That's a shame. I actually got to play Barkley 2 twice, once at PAX '13 and again at PAX '15. The little vertical slice demo they had of the city/sewers area was pretty fun and I remember it being quite funny too. The character creation process was also really neat. I never imagined when I first played the game that six years later it still wouldn't be out.

>shitting up one of the few barkley threads

have sex

It's literally just Coldsteel

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 99K)

apparently one of the last few lol

no one becomes a true doom murderhead because it's easy

How was the combat? From what I've seen, it kind of reminded me of Borderlands if it was 2d (with the random gun affixes and all).

You simply don't understand the nuanced genius, pal. I'd back 500 more dollars if I could.

yeah I bet you think Chex Quest is an rpg

Is it chess on hexagonal board?

somethingawful stopped being tolerable by 2001

they became gigantic babies

AUTOMATED ANNOUNCEMENT
---------
THE CREATOR OF THIS THREAD HAS BEEN DETERMINED TO BE A TRUE DOOM MURDERHEAD
---------
THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME