Darkwood

Darkwood thread: let's tell our scary stories with this game edition

Attached: header (1).jpg (460x215, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=bkDyL76aLzM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No

Sure, let's turn this into another smash thread then. What was I thinking, discussing video games on Yea Forums?

Attached: 1559234824762.png (1694x1124, 179K)

Ridunk

I avoid these threads because I don't want spoilers, but I have finished the second area, gave the key to wolf, and haven't played since Halloween. I'll try to continue later on, though I really like the crafting/survival mechanics.

i just beat it but i think i got the pleb ending where you just go to bed

I have put almost 20 hours into this game and still have never actually made it through chapter one. I keep fucking myself with dumb shit and restarting, although I make sure to try things differently each time and see what works best
On my most recent playthrough
I really regret giving the key to the wolf as now I can't find him in the old woods and keep getting buttfucked by redboys and only have 3 shotgun shells left and maybe 2 pistol mags

>Day 23
>Still in dry meadow

It's taking ages and im probably being a bitch but I want to hoard as many supplies as possible before I progress further

I spend the 100 rep you get everynight from surviving the night on more fuel and supplies since the traders stock replenishes everyday

I have 6 full fuel cans, 5 magazines for the pistol (plus a pistol) I have upgraded the bench 3 or 4 times I think and have a halfway upgraded shovel plus lots of other building supplies

Does anyone else play like this?

Also I still haven't gotten a wedding invite despite answering the knocking at night several times wat do?

You're at the same exact part as I am, those night random events are god tier. It's impossible to forget the first time you're in a corner waiting for the morning and you hear knocking[\spoiler]
I think you can also buy ammo from the normal trader right?

You... You answered? They give you an invitation??? Wtf I've never had the balls, no I want to try that
Also, I have the gun and bought a magazine for it but it just sais 1, what does that mean? Only one bullet or a full magazine? Because if so, I'm staying at home for a few nights farming bullets

1 magazine, carries 8 bullets
reloading if you still have bullets in the gun wastes those bullets

I answered a few times and haven't seen anything apart from the first time when 2 savages and a dog were waiting to come inside and buttfuck me, so I still haven't got an invitation yet, you need the invite since it has a code on it to open the metal door

It means 1full magazine, they cost 100 to buy so survive a couple of nights and you'll have a couple of magazines for your work but then you have to balance that out with the cost of fuel to keep the generator running, my advice is go elk hunting since you can seek their antlers for 100 rep each

Shit, I love when games do that, it keeps away my ocd of reloading after every bullet shot
How long is it, more or less? First playthrough on normal here, Im on the second hideout and just gave the key to the wolf after killing the pig boss

took me 24 hours on normal, night 30 or so i ended it

What area do they spawn?

Am I the only one with the storage and fuel full every day? Almost third hideout and collecting everything because I dont know what does what, but right now its on the easy side, borderline piss easy

1 close to wolf camp and 2 close to the entrance to silent forest

Use a bear trap to keep them trapped then wail on them with a nail board to finish them off, if you try to straight up fight them they'll kick your ass

That's the false ending yeah

In the true ending you look around the town and find strange things like roots everywhere. In the end you pull off the cover of somewhere in your house, I think the bedroom, and wake up back in the forest. You were lulled to sleep by a mysterious being and see others slowly starving to death, lulled into blissful slumber while its roots feed on them. In the true ending the stranger is able to wake up and uses a flamethrower found on another sleeper to finish off the Being and end the strangeness in the woods, only to die in the flames as the Being blocks his escape route.

>if you try to straight up fight them they'll kick your ass
Dogs or savages? Nah, you can melee them, although the dire ones will wreck you if you choke. If you can get into the right rhythm it's not too bad.
Now those transforming mouth shrieking things and the new enemies later on, FUCK that, bullets for everyone.

What a good way to go out, this game is 10/10

Attached: pyro.jpg (480x360, 10K)

Has anyone here tried a permadeath run?

They were talking about the elk.

Yeah i'm about half way through on ym run. imo the best way to play is the three lives mode, it makes night time more tense since you can't just suicide to end it. The game is really skill based so deaths never feel cheap so it's not really frustrating, just tense. There's a lot of asshole clenching moments to be had.

I'd like to try one after I'm done my first playthrough, but I have such a poor handle on the melee combat that I think I'll just get frustrated with it. I'll die to huge dogs because I keep messing up the timing of my swings.

There's a gorge in front of me where the villagers from part one have relocated. Can I cross it? I went through the camp area to the upper right, but couldn't find a path over it.

Attached: Darkwood_20190602182539.jpg (1920x1080, 176K)

Also, is trapping the villagers a good thing?

Attached: Darkwood_20190602183257.jpg (1920x1080, 267K)

3 lives mode truly is the best way to play

dont forget eating embryos gives you a bonus life in that mode - cool surprise to find

Thread theme
m.youtube.com/watch?v=bkDyL76aLzM

I keep molotovs every single night now explicitly for those fuckin antlered motherfuckers that summon a swam of shit at you.

>all those guns
For what purpose, you know you can repair them and ammo is way cheaper than a new gun, right?

>make shovel before entering the underground and triggering the earthquake sequence after finding the door for the first time in the dry meadow
>dig out the pile to your left when you first walk in for an extremely early shotgun and (more importantly) shells

Attached: 1549494158800.jpg (184x184, 8K)

Dodging is key, don't be afraid to use ammo because the trader restocks ammo every night after a certain point. Don't feel bad about crafting a one shot pistol as a fuck-off option when you're in a pinch.

Attached: fuckoff beam.jpg (490x374, 36K)

I only crafted one of those. The other two I got either from looting or as a reward from a trader.
I also like guns.

>mfw i was too scared to check around the 1st time and still am

Attached: 1555184470409.jpg (749x694, 96K)

The wolf will be in the barn in the old woods, took me forever to find him to. The barn should be directly north of your hideout, there should be dogs patrolling the area, make your way into the barn and get to the furthest back room, he's a bit hidden in the dark.

>start game
>meet wolfman
>he becomes my husband

Attached: m.jpg (1280x1280, 315K)