Yea Forumslancer: The Return

It's time to go broventuring in SPACE.

>What is this?
It's a multiplayer mod for the game Freelancer, a space fight/combat game.

>Where can I download it?
mega.nz/#!5YBjBC7Y!W8HC8kAMXfKEngsZZZ5qpBiWiXVlvhVWEtiD0uV6ja8
This contains the whole game with the Brolancer mod already installed. Just download and extract it. Connect to the server "Yea Forumslancer - Unofficial".

>How do I make it work in widescreen?
veelancer.fandom.com/wiki/Widescreen

For more info, check out the wiki.
veelancer.fandom.com/wiki/Yea Forumslancer_Wiki

Attached: freelancer.jpg (1506x1500, 690K)

Logging in

I'll wait near Ft Bush for people to come in.

I forgot to mention that I will be joining in a little bit. I just have some things I need to do first.

bumping to keep it alive

Oh fuck. I love freelancer. Replayed the campaign 5 times and played on Discovery RP for years back in the day. I work nightshifts all weekend but I'll try join on monday/Tuesday if server is up then. Good luck.

I'm planning on doing this again on Sunday at 2PM if this goes well, but I don't have any plans for the weekdays.

I'm off next weekend so I'll try get things ready for next weekend. Looked quickly over the wiki, seems like a fun mod. Hope you have success tonight. But just like the hundreds of Epic Mafia threads we had before, nu/v/ seems to only talk about eceleb drama.

Cant really see this game holding up to eve. I loved it back in its hayday but eve seems to have adopted pretty much everything good about it.

Eve and freelancer have literally no gameplay mechanics in common aside from warp gates and wormholes

Never played Yea Forumslancer but have a history with Freelancer. What does it change/add?

It's too late for me right now but I'll try to join another time if this is still alive

Boss battles, quests that can be done in MP and so on

>Too many connections for this download
eh

What does this mean?

Sad to see this thread die desu.

I'm the user who started playing last thread a couple days ago. Man this game is nice, even if I still don't fully grasp all its systems.

This is my current loadout on my Patriot ship. Been taking up missions wiping out Rogue scum.

Attached: freeload.png (1440x900, 1.67M)

Word of advice, try to use weapons with similar projectile speed

My browser goofed up, so just I closed it and restarted the download.

I wish I could play with your guys but I'm playing Crossfire instead. I used to play Yea Forumslancer and it's amazing, better than crossfire. You guys have fun.

Oh fuck. Why did I sign up for working every 2nd weekend. I wanna go back to freelancer bros. Such a comfy fucking game.

Yeah, using guns with different speeds messes with your aim

Why would you suffer through Crossfire?

I dunno, I guess I'm 'that' type of person. You know.

Wasn't Crossfire the one that bloats enemy HP by tenfold from the very start, so you have to shoot at them for minutes on end and hope they don't repair?

That's not even the worst part about it

There are so many secrets in Yea Forumslancer

There's a secret wormhole above the sun near I think Planet Chicago that takes you to a white space where you have to find another wormhole that takes you to a place where you can buy a TARDIS. A nice song plays in the background too.

Yeah, among other things.

Attached: freelancer crossfire.jpg (1024x768, 141K)

Fucking freelancer,

good times wrecking old asses in pvp tournaments when i was fucking 8 or 9

Thank you for reminding me that Freelancer is 16 years old and nothing has surpassed it.

How sad is that

It's one of the games I replay from time to time. Sad to see the discovery RP mod is dead. Was fun playing with 100 players.

ah shit how do i start from scratch again

Attached: 1481700221306.png (576x643, 164K)

Either trade run or do easy missions. At least that is viable in mods ive played but never tried vlancer.

In Yea Forumslancer mining the scrap around pittsburgh is a good way to start

Sorry I had to leave. How many people are on right now?

Disco isn't dead

Just me, atm

>live in SEA
>Took 15 minutes to eliminate three weak rogues
Too hard to aim with high latency.

Everyone else left too? Damn

There's one guy right now beside me

We can try it again next time.

I was going to make another thread at 2:PM CST tomorrow. We can try again then.

Really? I haven't checked in 3 years but disco was pretty much dead then. I wonder what they did to make it alive again.

It had like 60 players last time I checked

It's an old game and the mod itself is nearly ten years old.

Huh I just reinstalled this today

it's impressive how well in general the game runs. It's lacking in content but it's certainly polished as hell.

60 players isn't exactly alive.

How to try this mod on my own? The patch for hosting server link on steam group is dead.

You can either play on the unofficial server or play single player.

Okay. Just asking. Still got 3 hours left of my nightshift. But I think I'll say fuck sleep and give this mod a whirl before I sleep for next nightshift tonight.