Sony abandoning E3

Can any Sony fan give me any reasons why Sony abandoning E3 is a good thing and why they're happy about it?

Attached: 2e0.png (639x589, 306K)

fuck you nintendo-nigger

honestly who gives a shit
were you ever invited to their conference? then why bother

Because after last year this is a mercy killing.

Because now they dont have to spend money on another flute player.

sony is better than you, faggot

Who gives a shit? E3 has been bullshit for ages now.

No games.

Sony JP is having a fight with Sony US
It's pretty fucking obvious by now.
This is just Sony JP telling the US "fuck you, remember we control a lot of your choices"

Also this. Its been on a downhill slide for at least five years.

Probably cheaper to do these Nintendo direct type of thing

All they care about now is creating a reputation of being the biggest faggots.

Attached: Sony E3 2018.gif (929x510, 47K)

for the same reason why ea pulled out and nintendo started doing youtube videos instead of conferences. in this day and age, a trade show like e3 isn't very useful anymore. you can get the same reaction and press coverage any day of the year just by posting a trailer online.

Any consumer saying it's good is either lying or MS/Sony/Nintendo fanboy. If you're a player of games, seeing fewer announced can never be good. It's as simple as that.

They have nothing to show this year. again

>E3 has only been about attending

Fuck off retard. E3 is a staple of the gaming industry for all fans to see whether streamed, in person or through the gaming media. Sony not turning up is a giant fuck you to the fans who have anticipate E3 and have been for the last 20+ years. Fuck Sony they've become cancerous as fuck in recent years.

Ideally it means that they'll focus more on the games and less on trying and failing to make E3 an "experience."
Unfortuantely most of their reveals will just be cutscenes as usual.

Because they won't announce anything new other than multiplats, since next year is going to be all about PS5 along with the games made for it.

>false equivalence

No. EA are still holding their own conference and live demo events at another location at EA Play a few days before E3. Nintendo still turns up to E3 and hires loads of floor space. This is Sony completely not turning up or showing anything at all during the E3 period.

They get to announce things whenever they want while also leaving it up to third developers to release trailers and information at different times. If they have their own conference at E3 while also developing Sony exclusives like Square, they can keep their reveals at their own conference.

>for all fans
Surely you mean stockholders and investors

what are you talking about? EA has a press conference

So you're telling me you've never once bothered to watch E3 to see new content from any company because its only for shareholders and not worth paying attention to in the slightest?

It isn't a good thing but it isn't a terrible thing either. They don't have a conference because there is no more exclusives left to announce after they showed them too early. There is more than enough announced already for the next year and a half.

Why did you think buying stocks in e3 was a good idea?

they barely show anything last year anyway

This

And daily reminder if microsoft decided to skip E3 instead of Sony this whole board would be nothing but yellowface memes

because companies have been announcing shit way before E3.

look at modern warfare. you would imagine a game like that would have been announced at E3.

They have nothing to show so they dropped it. That's better than them doing some half assed show showcasing mobile gacha games.

I don't give a shit. They can host their own show.

Just look at last year, they didn't even know what to do, so why waste the money?
They will probably just release a video during E3 and that's it.

Which they've confirmed to not be doing. They said they have literally nothing planned for the rest of the year. The next show you'll see from Sony will most likely be next year unless I've missed something in the last couple of weeks.

S E E T H I N G
Go away Microsoft. At least you can win this year

When you're #1, you don't need to attend these cringe tier beta fests

Attached: 1559144236086.png (2500x2342, 1.35M)

Rampant homophobia.

They have State of Plays now.

Link?

>public invite

>they have their own "event"

isnt E3 a joke anyways

It's pretty smart. Now Microsoft has to pay to market all the multiplats people will buy on PS4 anyway.

The biggest highlights in gaming have come at E3 e.g. E3 2007, E3 2013 and that one really shitty Nintendo one I couldn't remember which year it was.

>F-fuck you N-Nintendo
Every time

Sony U.S is fucking garbage t b h, shutting it down would be an improvement.

How do you buy stocks in e3?

Why bother? Normalfags will buy whatever game is advertised on TV. Their primary consumers don't watch these events. It's just a pointless expenditure.

sony doesn't have shit to show,for the last few years they've done nothing but show off the same 3-4 games and now all of those games are out and they have nothing else

tokyo game show is where it's at.
Nobody wants to watch ugly western trannies shriek about pixelshit.

>a good thing
Its not for us but it is for them. The ESA seem like they can't run the biggest gaming event of the year into profits and have to do shit like opening it up to the public which just makes it chaotic.

didn't they announce this like 3 months ago

this isn't news

I thought a big chunk of Yea Forums hated Sony and believed that all they produce is SJW-filled movie games.
Why do you even care? You must be happy that you don't have to deal with them at E3.

Also Sony didn't abandon E3 in general. They just have nothing new to show for the PS4. They announced a lot more than they should have back at 2016 and they don't want to show Death Stranding, TLOU2, GoT, Dreams again because people will bitch about it. They'll be back at E3 2020 to showcase PS5 and whatever games they have for it.

>can any consumer that has no involvement in the decision-making process or access to specific company information of company X explain why company X is doing a thing
Why didn't you just read the article to the picture that you posted, you fucking moron?

Attached: 1520914245351.jpg (959x1185, 305K)

>why
no games.
>good thing.
it is not. Watching E3 with the Yea Forumsros shitposting and filling out my report card is unironically something I look forward to every year.

This.
Fuck Sony.

at least theyre being honest that they have literally nothing to show
microsoft has been showing up to these for years yet theyve announced nothing of any note

Because they have nothing to show for it.

Attached: 1559348609245.png (640x480, 479K)

>14 games and Gamepass on PC
>nothing of note.

All the past Sony E3 conferences have been PC multiplats announcements plus a few exclusive over-the-shoulder cinematic shooters.

Attached: 1526607359790.webm (1280x720, 2.72M)

Microsoft and Nintendo are also abandoning

You think Sony JP stopped Sony US from going to E3?
How and why?

>nintendo pulls out of E3
>OMG BASED BASED
>sony does it
>HAHA SONY HAS NO GAME LMAOO SNOYGGERS ON SUICIDE WATCH

holy shit whats the original?
game of thrones?

Attached: 28600CB900000578-3070135-image-m-29_1430912147597.jpg (306x233, 9K)

>The way the guy on the left doesn't fucking care
Always makes me smile.

>people are unironically posting emojis on 4chin now

Because they do their own show now to spare us the abject cringe of Microdick

They literally said they were showing more in June after their last direct you mouth breathing ape