Ds3 is actually pretty good

Ds3 is actually pretty good

Attached: darksouls3placingthecoiledsword_feature.jpg (1920x1080, 420K)

yeah

lmao look at this dude enjoying games, what a dork

It's a good game, but not a good Dark Souls game. Would have been much better and would have sold more if Fromsoft literally changed the name and the references to be its own thing. Would have taken like a week at most.

No it's garbage

No its pretty good

How is it not a souls game you dumb nigger? It takes place in the souls universe, has the same themes, and uses the same mechanics.

Attached: 1521034162727.png (720x1067, 940K)

it does not evoke the same emotions as DS1 and especially DS2 did, which is the most important thing in a video game of this caliber

watch hbomberguy's defense of DS2 if you're still on the hate train for that game

It's not
/thread

lol

It is. Thread re opened

>watch some faggot youtubers opinion on this game
Actually kill yourself

You're doing it wrong. You are supposed to shit on the good games and pretend the terrible ones are good.

Are you a falseflagging DaS2 hater? The thread is about DaS3

1 has more soul but the second half is pretty terrible, ds3 is consistently high quality

It's ok
Doesn't do enough to stand out on its own but isn't a terrible dumpster fire of a game either. Just a solid 7/10 game that's serviceable if you like the playstyle.

This, I swear the fucking children using this board are incapable of thinking for themselves.

It is my least favourite of the four souls I've played though...

>it does not evoke the same emotions as DS1 and especially DS2 did

u wot
What "emotions" did DS2 invoke? Is frustration an emotion? I guess it is.

In terms of content it's the best but structurally it's pretty weak. The linear world design, the constant warping around, the lack of meaningful goals beyond "kill these dudes", etc. Also a lot of the environments are very drab (in the base game, DLC is a lot better), I understand that's the "point" but it doesn't make for enjoyable exploration. There are a few standouts like Cathedral of the Deep, probably my favorite area in the series.

It plays and feels the nicest of the 3

4 when? I dont care about "muh legacy" shit. Just keep pushing them shits out, monkeys.

I guess each souls evokes a specific emotion.
DS1 being the curiosity and amazement, discovering a whole new world and how it is built, just like an usual fantasy setting.
DS2 has a much more melancholic setting, vehiculed by the gloom of the world and the NPCs.
DS3 is much more tragic as it is the end of the world, everything is falling apart or is already dead.

>second half of 1 is bad meme
you know 2 and 3 are based on 1's second half right

It's a poor man's Bloodborne, masquerading as a mainline Souls title. It's not bad though.

Attached: IMG_0950.png (454x767, 391K)

and massively improved on it

This. Entertain us, chinks

No other place to ask but is there no way to get reshade and IGP working at the same time for DS3? I've seen people saying to use the older 1.2.1 version of IGP but it doesn't even inject the mods.

it's aight

>DS2 has a much more melancholic setting, vehiculed by the gloom of the world and the NPCs.
You could say that about every Soulsborne.
You only attribute "melancholy" to DaS2 because of how unfinished it is.

in some areas, but not all

agreed

It's good you mongrel

/thread

Not a bad game, but it was pretty underwhelming. The only thing that made it special was that wacky PvP zone after the Pontiff Sulyvahn fight.

It's okay. It was disappointing sure but as disappointing as 2. It gets kinda boring really fast though. But I still enjoyed it for the bosses.

>watch hbomberguy

Attached: PoliteBrilliantEwe-size_restricted.gif (320x240, 1.11M)

It is a Dark Souls game, its just a shitty one you retard. Unused assets from Bloodborne and "member this?" moments everywhere. Balance was even worse then DS1 and most of the areas you play in are pretty boring and there are 4 swamps.

Yeah. If not for all the callbacks to DS1 and Demon's and the relatively linear early game, it would have been as beloved as the best of them.

I finished it, bloodborne doesn't hold my interest to finish. I think I mostly play the games for the atmosphere and I'll take knights over what the fuck bloodborne has anytime.

>Not preferring the 10 hour spectacle of an autist destroying hguys video

yeah i enjoyed it, was a fine addition to the series
much prefer miyazaki's standalone works though

it's the other way around for me (and most people), DS1 evoked more melancholy in me than any other game ever, the only emotions DS2 evoked in me were "this is fun to play"
but to each their own. was DS2 the first DS game you played? just curious

I'm glad you can get more enjoyment out of it than I did, OP. It was really well polished, but it never gripped me the same way the non-numbered games did. That said, I'd love a 4.

are there any good areas between undead settlement and lothric castle?

>high wall of lothric
>undead settlement
>lothric castle

I can't come up with other areas that I really like, the others range from meh to dislike. And before anyone even brings it up Irithyll is pretty but extremely annoying to play through in my opinion.

DS2 had the most cartoony enemies and vibrant areas. It's the only game in the series with a T rating, and I feel like it earned it with its lighter, campier tone. Other than a few places the world doesn't feel close to death, which is why people claim it's the high fantasy game.

Not that guy, but That's more or less what I take from DaS2 too, It's a much more personal narrative about your character, it doesn't really conveys the feeling of some sort of lost beauty or the decay of value, because everything has already been lost, and your character keeps on going both to find a new meaning for the world and himself.

I just remembered dragon fortress place as I hit post. I like that one.

Mauler and TheSMonroeShow both fucked Hbomber's embarrassing shitpost video into the ground, it's hilarious that Yea Forums still recommends that drivel.

totally agreed. I'd never say it was a horrible game, I thoroughly enjoyed it, but there's no way it could earn a place as close to my heart as the others and especially 1

Attached: 1559403835025.gif (720x404, 3.83M)

the the only one who loved the Anor Londo reveal because we got to explore the city streets

Ranch or Cool Ranch

Not really, Irithyll is not Anor Londo.

>a dark souls game is actually pretty good
No shit sherlock.

I don't like the world, I wished they'd gone along with what 2 had started
>1 is the beginning, shit's been going for a while but it's not unrecognizable
>2 has all the souls reincarnated into a new era with different places and histories. It uses elements and characters from 1 but reinvents them in some ways
>3 is just back to 1 but everything is falling apart and the world is collapsing in on itself in one big trash pile

I actually kinda liked the forest but it feels way too linear. I think I would have been a great level had they actually expanded on it and cut out the swamp instead.