Going to play stalker for the first time. Never got around to playing it...

Going to play stalker for the first time. Never got around to playing it. Any tips for beginners or essential mods/fixes?

Attached: d5753db8-8d3d-4bd3-8dd1-d9854d4b2721.jpg (400x225, 17K)

just be yourself

dont play it, its a worse metro in terms of story, gunplay and voice acting, and stalker without 800 mods (which, good chance wont work together) is incredibly clunky and unplayable. Skip it and find a better game

>look mom, I asked again!

This man speaks the truth.

Play Metro Redux (and then the other Metro games). They're a million times better put together and actually build a spooky atmosphere, even without having you go into a nuclear power plant.

Spot the faggot

Casual.

(You)

this but absolutely unironically
this is another case of "Yea Forums likes clunky unknown game" dont fall for it, if Yea Forums likes it, its not good

Attached: 1559386327975.png (267x342, 57K)

STALKER was a shitty broken mess on launch and it still is one today.

t. was alive when STALKER launched unlike you.

just fucking play it
choose the hardest or hard difficulty
god I fucking hate fags that instead off learning and experiencing games blind, go to fucking forums and ask for tips
i normaly ignore this threads but I am fucking mad atm
its like in one thread user posted greentext how his friend cheated items in new vegas and looked up walkthrus to every quest on his first round
Fuck

Consult this Starting Guide,
then see the /vg/'s huge Stalker General for more tips and links:

Play in the release order. Start with no mods - only latest patch, OR get the full "Starter Pack" first; these contain bug-fixers and light visual mods that can help performance as well.
Leave big overhauls for later playthrougs. Avoid the "Complete" -mods. Always play on MASTER difficulty for best realism and atmosphere, and disable crosshair.

Don't give up in the beginning! The starting gear sucks ass and first area can be a bit boring.

Attached: stalker guide v1,42.png (1536x1250, 1.1M)

play modless or with zone reclamation project
make sure the game is patched
master no crosshair
dont install complete mod
basically

JOIN DUTY

>Was that guy hyped for the 'simulation' bullshit about all the animals and factions running in the background of a full map of Chernobyl.
>Encountering other stalkers on the field was meant to be a tense moment as you both have to flag eachother and make sure the other isn't going to shoot before closing distance and doing trade.

>Get the game, open the box and see the included "map". It's a straight fucking line.
>NPCs don't give a shit if you run right up with a gun pointed at their face and the 'simulation' is just mobs being spawn on one end of the map to fight another endless supply of opposing mobs.

Attached: ew.jpg (283x258, 23K)

Wish-granter is a pretty cool guy when you meet him

Play on Master

>Exaggerating to 800 mods
You never play it, did you ?

>without 800 mods
This isn't Skyrim, nigger, the game is good enough with a few tweaks or a single mod pack.

Metro was my first game and it's obvious that Stalker blow the fuck out of it even unmodded
And you don't need to mod anything yourself, just download AMK AE and you have a complete game that much more interesting than the corridor cinematic garbage that is Metro

A lot of stalker full mods feature this though. NPCs instantly know which faction you belong so it's only tense on your side but they still don't like them pointing your gun at them.

Nice bait nogger

You don't need mods to play it. Vanilla is fine bar some minor bugs.
Wrong on literally all counts. Especially voice acting. Metro's voice acting is hilariously bad.