Licensed movie game

>Licensed movie game
>It's actually decent
How can this be?

Attached: 20190601011309_1.jpg (1920x1080, 164K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=9n29c-q3_8Q
m.youtube.com/watch?v=bNwxkl6bw_Q
imgur.com/gallery/93Nq0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Low expectations.

It was boring as fuck and has no new game+, killing its replay value.

I got bored of it fast.

It's too grindy with the vehicle combat and the normal gameplay is just the batman one that's been done to death.

Now THIS was a great licensed game

Attached: King-kong-cover-pc.jpg (220x310, 20K)

>normal gameplay is just the batman one that's been done to death
I'm not a big fan of BAM HAM combat but if I had to pick a favorite it would be Mad Max by far, if not for the brutality alone.

You might want to take off your nostalgia googles and play this game again

I had a good time playing it by just putting on a scrap cheat so I could play at my own pace

Attached: 1398722033602.jpg (391x431, 74K)

Not him but I refuse to play it again for this reason, I loved it when it came out and I don't wanna fuck up my memories of it being a good game

Except it had been in development long before Fury Road came out, it's not a tie-in
It's also merely a good game that could be much better if it felt more Mad Max

You tell me.

Attached: f6dfc394f347d9b3915822f0c83bc65148097d5b6cafc86c7fba94891a4fe742.jpg (401x494, 75K)

George Miller actually had input in the story though

batman combat is so shit. It makes brainlet casuals feel like they are gamers.

It was decent until I realized I would have to do what I did to clear the starting zone 10x over for the rest of the map.

Holy shit no. I don't have THAT much time to waste, jesus. I was having fun until I saw the rest of the map. Uninstalled the game pretty much right there and then.

Still not a tie-in

I think one of the things that pissed me off the most was the fact you got no reward for getting all the secrets.

I'm pretty sure it's actually a prequel to Fury Road considering how it ends. A lot of the characters are mentioned and you can actually find the war-rig from the movie.
One of Immortan Joe's sons is the main villain and Gas-Town is a main location in the game.

Yeah it is the events right before the opening of Fury Road.
Max is travelling through Immortan's warboy country.
Many of the characters are either suppose to be connected to fury road or are.
Like the dead girl in Fury Road is a dead girl related to the games story.

Sure, but it's never been stated officially because 'official' mad max canon is all over the place

>I'm pretty sure it's actually a prequel to Fury Road considering how it ends.
It was originally intended to be a prequel to Fury Road, but some stuff happened during development and it ended up being more of its own thing with no canon attachment to the film. Miller later on wrote some comics that that featured some of the same characters, locations, and events seen in the game but structured a bit differently and intended to be considered a canon prequel.

That is true, I'll give you that.
Fury Road makes no canonical sense to the rest of the series in the first place given how young Max still is compared to how many years have passed since 3.
I read something before that all Mad Max stories are basically "campfire tales" and it's just different stories being told of the "legend" Max.
Not that that's a bad thing, that honestly makes the series more interesting for me.

Attached: 20190601011714_1.jpg (1920x1080, 273K)

if you play the game you realise the not canon claim is bullshit.
Though the game has more wrong with it like the fact the scandi devs made it appear set in america. Though you can handwave this.

None of the movies are canon with each other. Miller just wanted to make good action movies and didn't give a shit about continuity.

Funnily enough there was a concrete backstory for the setting and why the apocalypse happened, which was all outlined during writing of 2

Attached: Mad-max-2-synopsis-page-1.jpg (800x1128, 132K)

>didn't give a shit about continuity
What a retarded, sweeping statement
He didn't care for a larger framework or broad narrative but there is absolutely continuity in these films if you just think with that little monkey brain

Attached: Mad-max-2-synopsis-page-2.jpg (800x1126, 137K)

I wouldn't doubt that
Damn all of this is making me want to rewatch the movies. For the story being very simple in all of them, along with the game, it's pretty fucking interesting lore

It's happened before though.

Attached: x-men origins wolverine.jpg (315x445, 34K)

Not true, there's continuity in the films, just because it's loose with it doesn't mean it's not there.

The first movie is basically a "how we got here" showing how Max turned into what he did and the others are stories of his exploits.

You're all retards

Attached: 51VG6GDFPEL._SY445_.jpg (310x445, 33K)

This leaves out all the nuclear war implied in 2. That was explictly spelled out in Fury Road.

>didn't give a shit about continuity
This is blatantly false. Miller makes sure each movie ties into each other (he even contributed to a Fury Road tie-in comic that explained how Max got a new Interceptor after the original was destroyed) but at the same time structures them almost like spaghetti westerns so that each movie also works as a standalone story.

Overrated as fuck, there's ONE really good part of the game that people remember alone and that colors their perception of the rest of it

>2
>nuclear war

Attached: MV5BN2VlNjNhZWQtMTY2OC00Y2E1LWJkNGUtMDU4M2ViNzliMGYwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_.jpg (916x1384, 1.18M)

>This leaves out all the nuclear war implied in 2.
I thought the nuclear war happened in the time between Road Warrior and Thunderdome.

finna gonna bouta replay it

Nuclear war happened as the world was falling apart. Immortan is a veteran of the nuclear war.
So it was happening during Mad max 1.
2 and 3 are after it.

it didn't fucking happen during 2 you idiot. It happened as the world economy was crashing that is implied at the beginning of 2

When Avalance was given the MM license by Warner, it gave them access to literally decades of pre-production work that Miller and crew did. And Miller is highly autismal and visual about that shit, so the devs could copy almost 1:1 the vision he had in mind for future MM. Which Avalanche proceeded to do. But they lacked an auteur's input, so we basically got a Fury Road husk of itself which looked the part, but was all kinds of generic.

Miller said in an interview that 2 isn't post-nuclear

Found it
So shut up about some sort of nuclear war implied to happen, because it didn't

Attached: 1435259535179.jpg (960x1280, 331K)

yeah well it is explictly stated as occuring in Fury Road.
The actual reason was they wanted a setting not focusing on radiation and mutants but Miller has done a 180 with Fury Road.
Probably because it was always intended just never focused on
m.youtube.com/watch?v=9n29c-q3_8Q
Here it makes it quite clear there was some sort of hot total war scenario between the US and Communists. So of course nukes were probably used.

you are autistic and retarded.

It was a conventional war fought between the US and USSR in the middle east
There were no nukes used

Bunch of pussies in this thread

Attached: Wanted.png (1280x720, 279K)

Which has been cleared up in Fury Road
m.youtube.com/watch?v=bNwxkl6bw_Q
>thermonuclear skirmish
Can't get any clearer than that.

I really fucking loved the Mad Max game and did/collected everything in it. Wish there was another game.

>fury road
Pretty much a different timeline and a different canon considering how many things are different/wouldn't make sense, including Max's age, without delving into bullshit
imgur.com/gallery/93Nq0

>yeah well it is explictly stated as occuring in Fury Road.
Because like said it occurs between the remaining governments during the significant gap of time between 2 and 3. Road Warrior is specifically stated to not be post-nuclear by Miller himself, whereas the water in 3 is radioactive and there's a cave painting of a mushroom cloud.

Doesn't seem that complicated to me.

Attached: sadfsdf.jpg (342x350, 25K)

>decent
it can be superb my zoomerino fren

Attached: the-chronicles-of-riddick-escape-rom-butcher-bay----developers-cut-sierra-pc-videogame.jpg (1024x1024, 101K)

Most here are too young to have played that when it came out.

Yeah nah fuck off and deal with it.
The comics also make it clear mad max 1 > nuclear apocalypse > Mad max 2

The reason is logical from a non-american perspective,
Australia is isolated and it is implied that nuclear war happened in the northern hemisphere.
Like kamikraze warboys and Immortan joe fighting probably in the northern pacific. Russian speaking raiders in Australia etc
According to the comic for Fury Road nuclear apocalypse hapoened between 1 and 2 exactly where you expect it to be,
Society is already dead between 2 and 3.

It just dosn't make sense to your autistic grognard brain.

Attached: IMG_1525.jpg (1916x680, 629K)

There's plenty of decent movie games.

Attached: warriors.jpg (220x271, 34K)

*blocks your path*

Attached: MV5BYWI5ODU0ZGEtYTA4YS00YzliLWJiZjEtYThkNTBkNTY1Y2FhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDAzNzA0MzE@._V1_.jpg (500x741, 664K)

2 was better

In terms of mechanics, yeah, but 1 had a much better campaign

Nothing says the comics are canon, try again

>Nothing says the comics are canon
Not that user, but Miller contributed to the comics himself and that red headed girl Max has flashbacks about in Fury Road is a character he fails to save in one of the issues of said comic. It also explains how he got his interceptor back for Fury Road's opening.

Miller likely considers them canon, considering how much backstory for Fury Road he put into them.

Is this the only case of the game actually being better than the movie?

>waaaa im wrong no how can this be happening
You were always wrong you sticklers that always take interviews as canon are retards,

This game was amazing, secret ending was kino af

You're right. It's still a great game.

Alien: Isolation anyone?

Anyone?

man that ending was depressing though.

It was garbage

There is, it's called Rage 2

Nope

Attached: ballistic-ecks-vs-sever-2-patience.jpg (487x500, 47K)

Alien isolation is the best
alien game ever
walking sim
and movie game

It does lead into Fury Road.

shame i never see this discussed anywhere, probably the greatest beat em up to be honest

What is it with every mad max past road warrior and getting rid of the interceptor right off the bat? I was so pissed about that it in fury road and then this game pulled the same bullshit.
At least you can kinda rebuild it with the magnum opus but it still looks kinda meh in comparison.

you get the interceptor back at the end

You must be living in a bizzaro world because it's one of the famous Rockstar games and actually responsible to made the movie more well known to the modern audiences

There's always at least one guy posting The Warriors in this kind of thread

>try to look up vids of this game and its nothing but niggerball.
off topic this is annoying as shit when you type game and start getting nothing but hoop ball.

it's okay
I was kinda hoping it would just follow the story of the movie
and then I found myself stealing stereos like a certified nigger

yeah but by that time you're kinda done with the game.
they really should have made some sort of NG+

>can't buy them digitally anywhere
I haven't pirated games in like 10 years. But boy here we go

Shrek Super Slam is one of the best fighting games on Earth
prove me wrong

RIP Chumbucket

Attached: 20190601010845_1.jpg (1920x1080, 180K)

chumbucket was the biggest bro

>I am forgotten.

Attached: Rotkboxart2.jpg (256x325, 24K)

NEVER
I loved this game
and Two Towers

Chumbucket was a retard and the only thing he cares about is the car. Similar to Max

>Chumbucket was a retard
Maybe true but he was a legendary "black-finger" that's basically a wizard when it comes to being a mechanic, and he could shoot a mean harpoon.
Still though it was kinda shitty of him when he drove off with the Magnum Opus near the end of the game and basically got Hope and Glory killed

It was honestly kinda out of character for max imo

Yeah I get that max is an asshole and he was super pissed at Chum, but I don't believe he'd sacrifice him for something like this, he's still a good guy at heart.

They should have made Chum take the wheel somehow and ram the Opus by himself.
Everyone wins: Chum gains redemption, Max doesn't go full dickhead, and we still get a sad ending.

The idea of Max is that he only cares about himself and his car and only act purely based on his instinct. He has nothing to live for and he's very much unwilling to trust any person unless he needs them to achieve his personal goal. In the opening of Fury Road where he's stated that he's only goal to live is to "survive". I think the devs did a good job capture that character in the game and the actor did a solid job at it.
>Still though it was kinda shitty of him when he drove off with the Magnum Opus near the end of the game
Only after he told Chumbucket to get off. Chum himself cares so much about the magnum opus that he died because of it.
>and basically got Hope and Glory killed
No, he ditched them because he doesn't want to involve them into his journey, which potentially will kill them. Turns out ditching cause the opposite effect.

>Still though it was kinda shitty of him when he drove off with the Magnum Opus near the end of the game
>Only after he told Chumbucket to get off. Chum himself cares so much about the magnum opus that he died because of it.
>and basically got Hope and Glory killed
>No, he ditched them because he doesn't want to involve them into his journey, which potentially will kill them. Turns out ditching cause the opposite effect.
You completely misunderstood me, I was talking about Chumbucket, not Max. Max did nothing wrong, and yes I understand his character so no need to give a full analysis.
I was talking about Chum ditching Max in the Under-Dune and driving back to his lair, only to get followed and interrogated by Scrotus' boys giving them all the info about Hope and Glory collaborating with Max, and where they were- ultimately leading to their death.
Chum's responsible for all the shit going down at the end

Ah yes, I had no sympathy for Chum. I had more sympathy towards the dog more than that midget cunt

Dinky Di was indeed based

hol up
When did the doggo die ?

The doggo didn't died. Chum died.

Legitimately my favourite game as a kid. Also the first game I got 100% on, collected all the Pizza Planet tokens etc, defeated all the bosses.

The 1st level in Andy's House is comfy as fuck.

Amazing game. The multiplayer was great too, me and my buddies used to do battle royales on the rooftop level, pick the biggest fuckers we could, then fight an army of hobos.

too grindy but otherwise pretty great game desu, tons of feels story wise and I think the added weight to the bamham style combat also felt great

good engine notes too

>no new game+, killing its replay value
you are the cancer of video games.