Most classes can negate or put out afterburn

>most classes can negate or put out afterburn
>jetpack isn't a passive movement item like demoman's shield/boots and soldier's boots
>all primary side-grades make airblast, one of his most useful tools, worse or cost more
>gimped even further underwater
>any combo potential apart from flares is nerfed
>soldier and demo, two classes he is supposed to be strong against with airblast, have weapons that specifically counter him
>phlog doesn't work like most crit boost items - there is a long and loud taunt animation you have to sit through to use it and you cannot move
>backburner has a more demanding hitbox than spy's knives
>update added nearly nothing of value
>nerfed airblast
>nerfed afterburn
Why the fuck does Valve hate him so much? Would an HP boost or movement speed buff alone fix him or do his weapons need an actual, non shit, rework?

Attached: 1559245554059.png (750x786, 208K)

>Implying Valve even thinks about TF2 anymore

They still do Halloween stuff every year, and all movement/health buffs would require is changing numbers.

Yeah I remember wishing for the pyro update to finally come out, and then I reached new levels of disappointment.

I remember when I was pissed after they nerfed the Axtinguisher the first time, then a year or two after they kept slamming him with nerf after nerf for zero reason along with meme/fun weapons like the caber and sandman/cleaver

Pyro might be a shit class, but it’s still the most fun one
>everyone expecs muh flares
>whip out shotgun
>scouts can’t do shit
>yell “FUCKING W+M1” after eating a shell to the face
it’s the funniest shit I tell you hwhat

It's even greater to pull that shit on a Vaccinator Medic, they always start panicking between airblasted rockets coming back, fire, and shotty all at one time.

>all primary side-grades make airblast, one of his most useful tools, worse or cost more
Yeah that pisses me off quite a bit, especially with how they did dragon's fury.

based

It would at least be usable if they made airblast faster and added a strange variant.

Why don't they give some of the flamethrowers a unique effect for the airblast. The Dragon's Fury is a beefy looking gun, why not let it delete projectiles outright as a downside instead of the current airblast downgrade?

Reminder

Attached: 9hj2e0kj5lb11.png (899x570, 161K)

>nerfing soldier
Can't have that, goy.

I just realized, concheror + black box still exists but valve STILL won't bring back old versions of formerly good weapons.

In what universe can a demoman counter a good pyro?

in the one where demo is the most powerful melee class

Sticky spam and pic related

Attached: kisspng-team-fortress-2-weapon-round-shot-loadout-cannon-5af2ebc01828c6.237920241525869504099.jpg (900x440, 57K)

>only ever use the backburner, jetpack and backscratcher
Going the wrong way on one-way flanking routes and getting almost full health off a small healthpack is the most fun stuff.

Medics almost never heal me when I play pyro so the backscratcher ends up being surprisingly useful

>demoknight dash
>airblast
>any projectile
>airblast
Alternatively, use shot gun before he can even reach you. I mean as a demoman players the only way I can kill a good pyro is to wait in between airblast cd

Usually when I keep track of airblasting everyone the medics always heal me

The backscratcher lets you ascend past the need for medics, they have people on the front lines to see to.
I have way too much fun sneaking around behind the other team and causing havoc to even see any of my team's medics.

The problem with airblasting stickies is that the demo has way more ammo than you and can choose when they explode, which is usually still within hurting distance.
Well, they eventually get around to it, but I really have to spam it to get them to stop pocketing a soldier or something.

wm1 is better than airblast. airblast fucking sucks man, i hate getting launched 2.2 billion miles away, you can't control anything and the next thing you know you're dead from falling off the map. at least you can COMBAT wm1, it isn't hard to pump a pyro full of pipes or bullets when he's within range, but when he airblasts, you either take a fuck ton of damage from reflection or get put so far out of range that your hitscan (not counting sniper) is useless. airblasting people is fun though.

fuck him, he's annoying as fuck.
let him stay shitty.