The villain was beside you the entire time but you don't know this

>the villain was beside you the entire time but you don't know this
What games do this right?

Attached: Delta.png (400x240, 106K)

I don't know what game this is OP, but if someone didn't assume at first sight that he was a villain they deserve a bad time.
Bravely Default

Certainly not that game, seriously he came out of nowhere like they had written themselves into a corner.

COMPLEX

no, hes LITERALLY off screen the whole game.

the reveal scene is the camera panning over slightly like 30hrs into the game

Literally the first sight you get of him, he outs himself as the villian.
You don't even see him beside you until the reveal.

Yeah you read that right, he's there but nobody gives him any attention except a few little nods because he's suppose to be a deaf blind old man. You won't even see him in most of the scenes because the camera never points in his direction

S'up.

Attached: Adachi.png (554x838, 209K)

XIII

Hey-o!

Attached: snap0001-1.png (512x448, 4K)

that actually sounds cool as fuck, thanks for enlightening me

It's not. They honestly didn't execute it well.

Baten Kaitos

>Yasu is the killer
What is this, Umineko?

Wasn't Umineko making fun of that meme?

I thought it was pretty well executed. But the kung-fu grandpa and mind hacks afterwards, not so much.

>three years next month

Attached: punished sigma.jpg (500x626, 182K)

Vice City but maybe because I was young and not 100% fluent in english, I thought Vance was the coolest dude ever and legit felt betrayed. Playing it years later though, he pretty much gives it away from the start that he's a snake nigger.

>he came out of nowhere
because he erased his presence with MIND HACK

Attached: Tippi.png (1200x989, 342K)

Hell no.
So you learn that Phi and Delta are Sigma's kids and there's a portrait of them in the shelter.
Okay that's fine.

"Who's the culprit?"
Uhhh, can't be anyone else....uhh lmao let's see if Delta works.
"It was you! Delta!”

The fuck? I swear I missed a shit ton of cutscenes or something. How'd you think that was well executed? Where the fuck was the connection? You literally only put his name because it's the process of elimination or guessing.

M I N D H A C C

Attached: 1517183482287.png (641x610, 582K)

it's not, the twist is that he's just slightly off camera

Attached: 1547960005402.png (500x515, 180K)

cool, just got 2 spoilers of umineko in one day by not even visiting umineko related threads

Was it all in the same hour?

That's really not a spoiler. Now go play it before someone actually spoils you.

It felt pretty bad knowing Eva took custody of Ange. Must feel terrible taking care of a kid who's parents killed off your husband, son, and brothers and sister in law.

Cringe and withoutlovepilled

The Zero reveal was great, it was the fact he had no motivation and dumb "mind hacc" super powers no one else had that ruined everything.

That zero reveal was awful. The foreshadowing was sparse and it relied mostly on really implausible trickery to pull a fast one on you. You have to assume the cast is pants on head retarded for it to work, although given the rest of that game I guess it's not really that farfetched.

All the games have been about tricking you, the player, and not really caring about how much the characters themselves know. 999 was the same way.

For every "little hint" like a shadow, or the chibis, there's fucking retarded shit like you would absolutely be able to see him in the library or how the fuck he went up stairs, or how they somehow have been calling that robot kid Sean the entire fucking game, but just not in front of you jesus fucking christ uchikoshi i fucking hate you and your fucking retarded bullshit goddamn i am.still mad

This is the best example I can think of. It's foreshadowed pretty heavily, but it's still easy not to see it coming because of how it defies genre conventions.

Literally nothing in ZTD was well executed

Delta controlled the cameras. He could point them away from his position at all times.

The bureau, xcom declassified. Although it wasn't really the villain.

But these games are all about having the mastermind among the players...

KOTOR1 because it was you all along

This is honestly the most annoying thing. 999 and VLR both managed to do the "You're playing as Zero" twist just fine, why'd Uchikoshi have to fuck it up for ZTD?

No it fucking wasn't. Junpei didn't know anything we didn't know.

Attached: Beatrice1.jpg (180x389, 10K)

Attached: Double.jpg (172x185, 8K)

Final Fantasy Dimensions

>how they somehow have been calling that robot kid Sean the entire fucking game
I don't mind this one, Mira and Eric are shitheads so it makes sense for them to always call him kid or brat instead of using his name.
What I don't understand is why Sean was making all the decisions for Q team. Q was supposed to be the leader, and he obviously couldn't do anything from their POV, but then why did it fall to Sean? That was just a cheap trick to misdirect us, unless I've missed something.

How the fuck did this seriously happen? No one even addresses the one guy who doesn't speak a single word?

Undertale

The worst part is the camera doesn't even address it. It's like the camera is self-aware of the plot. It breaks all the immersion.

It's possibly the worst plot twist ever

Nice try, Dimentio.

It's actually really lame.

Delta is dead in half the timelines.

They all thought he was deaf, blind (and mute?). Not much point in speaking to him.

>HAHAA! I'm not blind deaf or mute. In fact I'm the mastermind behind it all¨

Literally

>my frequency is 141.80

Real life and your mother.

They did address him. He was "Q", and the characters referred to him. Did you not catch that the kid's name was Sean, and that thinking he was Q was another trick on the player?

Heavy rain

Sharin no Kuni does a similar twist and does it very well.
You find out all the little things like a door randomly closing, you talking to yourself, and other minor things you'd normally just write off were because you're sister was there the whole time. She was given the highest punishment of having to be ignored by everyone. The build up to that moment makes the entire VN worth while, but it's a solid read the whole way through.

Compared to the last two games it is trash

>Crossbow scene
>Think I've figured out the kid's name and that is what the real solution is
>Put in 'Delta'
>He turns around and nails some other guy

Attached: Dis_Nigga.jpg (638x638, 55K)

When do you ever hear Delta's name before the ending?

The only other time I can think of is the teleporter ending.

Its been a while but that was probably it, heard it and immediately went back to the Crossbow decision thinking I had it.

Gab is the mastermind.

Ehh... Kinda pic related?

Attached: 8870_screenshots_2013-04-01_00001-1.jpg (1280x720, 199K)

Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines if you open it

Im wearing full body armor Gabe , you cant hurt me

Attached: JasonChance.png (180x240, 75K)

>people in this thread actually defending ZTD

Is this trilogy any good?

>the villain was beside you the entire time
>What games do this right?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 27K)

Well if we told you it would be a spoiler...

did anyone else just skip all the puzzles and play for the story?

Attached: Hatsworth_Characters_Cole.jpg (360x360, 13K)