Vagrant Story

Vagrant Story

Attached: Vagrant Story.jpg (800x811, 136K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wed1ICS85II
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I downloaded this into my hacked psp to play, what am I in for?

what about it?

A masterpiece, genuinely one of the 10 best games i've ever played

I feel like I'm too dumb for this Yea Forums, holy fuck. Maybe it was my impatience. I'm usually down for a challenging RPG, but maybe it was this was presented an unorthodox way and the gameplay was weird.

Not him, but what is so good about it?

Atmosphere, World Building, Lore, Dialogue, Characters, Soundtrack, Level Design

A good plot that's bogged down by its mechanics

Quebec ruined this game for me.

Unrelated but how does Final Fantasy Tactics compare to this game?

Vagrant Story is better paced, but FFT plays better.

I mean it’s a completely different type of game, Just the setting is the same

among the only 10/10 games in existence. It's crazy that the only good video games all got made 20 years or so ago

Fuck Guildenstern

Based

>Guildie tells you not to go in the forest and then walks away
>walk in immediately
>immediate cuts to guildie walking back up the stairs and going ".....he actually went in"
Could I have turned around for a different event? Was pretty funny how immediate it was

and neat rhythm game

>The actual vagrants story doesn't start until after the game is finished[/spoilers]

What a tease. I'd ask for a refund but you know...emulation

Attached: ps1 demon souls.gif (260x180, 1.85M)

watch this, the guy is a total faggot but it just goes to show how in-depth the battle mechanics are in this game, especially with the weaponry
youtube.com/watch?v=wed1ICS85II

The gameplay of this is really not difficult to understand. I'm not calling you are dummy, because I can see why someone would get confused. It's just that there are so many parameters and different stats, but most of them aren't that important. Forget teaching a singular sword to be purely good against humans, an axe to be good against beasts etc. All you need is a weapon for slashing, piercing and blunt damage. Use these attack types accordingly. If the damage is not high enough, buff yourself - actually you should buff your damage all the time - debuff the enemy, and put on some elemental buff if that's the enemies weakness.

Then there are phantom points. These do nothing but make your weapon weaker if your weapons phantoms are not maxed. Phantom points increase if you attack if that weapon. Luckily you get an attack early on that increases phantom points massively, so that you can max it out with just a couple of swings. The problem is that sometimes with a new weapon you may seem to make less damage, even though the weapon has better stats. This confused me, and probably confused other anons as well. But actually happens is that just the phantom points aren't maxed out.

nice

Attached: vg (6).png (1280x800, 60K)

>VargrantStory.rar 79.2mb

Attached: beyondsciene.jpg (651x457, 85K)

Oh, and I forgot adding gems to the hilt accordingly to the enemies weaknesses.

you'd think people would figure out the blunt/edge/piercing thing, especially when it's shown on-screen when you target enemies

Attached: file.png (477x79, 31K)

If you suck, sure.
The game is slow paced but it's perfectly enjoyable.

The in-game manual makes such a big deal out of the weapon affinities, I can see why people would think that they are the most important.

>The video file for a modern developer's logo is bigger than entire games

Manual lol

Attached: file.png (349x349, 249K)

>what am I in for?
A menu simulator.
Still a great game.

They're something you should take into account anyhow, you can do pretty well with just enemy affinity.

The sexiest door opening noises