Super Mario Odyssey with 64 graphics

youtu.be/EGHj_NrHaY0

Attached: IMG_20190531_234131.png (683x478, 425K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ap.nintendo.com/
youtu.be/I_ET0Z-v5n8?t=317
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Wait, why does the 64 legit look better? Is it just the color style change?

S O U L
O
U
L

It's made with Mario 64 assets, which are full of soul.

Kaze is a fucking madman.

NINTENDO

Finally, some good fucking soul.

HIRE

HIRE

that getting a big DMCA from me, and soon from Nintendo as well ;D

Attached: 1504990825618.png (893x620, 465K)

NINTENDO

wow it actually looks better, only issue is the framedrops

cool

FIRE

THIS

>it looks better
Oh fuck off.

but nintendo shutdown this website user

ap.nintendo.com/

The lack of detail also makes it much less visually noisy.

Attached: Sandkingdom.jpg (1906x1072, 230K)

the ice really hurts the aesthetic for the odyssey version

Simplicity, increased visibility and contrast. It's overall easier to parse and understand everything. It's also much smaller than the odyssey stage which helps.

nostalgia. low-poly 3d looks like shit to anyone else.

IS MY LAST RESORT

because it's got SOUL

MAH

that's why you have to get rid of it in game

IS

AMERICA

FUCK

MY

CAR

NINTENDO
uh..
FIRE? THIS MAN?

NIGGER

I disagree. The sand kingdom is beautiful and one of my favourite locations in Odyssey.

Attached: Sand_Kingdom.jpg (2000x1125, 436K)

Here we have a prime example of "le soul" nostalgia

TONGUE

Because abstraction is an important part of art. Nobody praises the art style of a fucking photograph. They praise shit like this because it successfully distills the key aspects of reality down into their most aesthetically-pleasing components.

Photorealism isn't fucking attractive. Caricature is the lifeblood of art. Odyssey still looks better than fucking Black Ops or whatever, but it just follows that 64 will look better than Odyssey.

Attached: LbEvc[1].png (500x750, 547K)

Because you unironically fell for the HIRE meme and now any fanmade material you see automatically processes as something better than the original.

now show us the switch version

There is absolutely nothing photorealistic about Mario Odyssey's artstyle in the fucking slightest.

Attached: Crazycaptosda.jpg (640x360, 55K)

um okay

Attached: 1559365869027.jpg (2000x1125, 558K)

What image upscaler did you run this through? Post the actual 720p version.

Kys zoomer

it's supersampled in cemu

NINTENDO HIRE THIS MAN RIGHT NOW

So if you loaded this onto a flash cart it'd probably brick the N64 right?

NO THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORKS user

>OFFICIAL BAD
>FANMADE GOOD
That's the only reason why it looks "better" to you.

Attached: 1556176560929.jpg (339x338, 37K)

The realistic textures of the sand, sky and those crystals clash with the cartoony look of everything else.

they don't

your realistic looking brain clashes with your stupidity

based retard

god Yea Forums is so unbelievably fucking stupid what is wrong with you weirdos

>The realistic textures
none of those are realistic
you'd know this if you went outside

how does this one guy managed to revolutionize mario 64 mods every week?
also
HIRE

pure low poly low fps nostalgia baby don't forget old is better

Go back

How come Kaze can release fan games of Nintendo ip's and not get ceased and desisted while other fan games like that Metroid 2 remake get shitcanned?

Attached: 1559346164662.jpg (600x800, 138K)

It doesn't. You just have nostalgia.

pretty sure he only makes mods that contain none of Nintendo's code or assets, unlike AM2R which violated their copyright

I NEED AN ADULT

Imagine being this much of a dumbass

He makes romhack patches that require your own ROM file. He's not distributing the ROM itself. AM2R used a lot of Nintendo-made assets, therefore it was deemed able to be DMCA'd. The most Nintendo can do for Kaze is send false copystrikes to his videos.

Actually has soul unlike odyssey

I'll completely admit it's all nostalgia but this looks so much better to me. God damn I love Mario 64.

Reminder that Star Revenge are the actually good sm64 romhacks with actual platforming and a good camera.

Attached: snap0074.jpg (1280x960, 1.01M)

its no masterpiece...
but now that it has shit grapix it might as well be

are kaz's hacks good or just meme shit?

>People will really argue that OP picture looks better than the original
What a shitty board we all browse

that image is already an assault on the eyes so I highly doubt it

that looks sick

their ambitious compared to a lot of the other ones due to how much unique stuff he codes for them, though i wouldn't say they're superb when it comes to level design.

Disregard the seething Yea Forumserminoids, it's the lack of tacky post processing Nintendo fell so in love with since the Wii U. A cartoonish game will NEVER look good with shit like bloom, glare, etc. See , for reference.

are you upset that you got btfo by everyone when you posted this gem?

It's so blurry.
Something about the style just makes it seem so not Mario/Nintendo to me. It actually feels like a Unity game using mismatched assets. The whole Sand Kingdom, and Cascade Kingdom, and Wooded Kingdom, felt really fucking out of place with mario running around in it. They also felt Barren and lacking the usual care and details.
Is probably why, it's using weird effects like bloom and glare when it really shouldn't be.
Who looks at this and goes
"Oh yeah, that looks appealing."

Attached: 2._Multi_Moon_Atop_the_Falls[1].jpg (1200x675, 102K)

Can't take the heat? Here

Attached: GLideN64_Star_Revenge_5.5_007.png (1280x960, 1.09M)

That was my first post in this thread and is absolutely right. Dragon Quest is probably the most infamous example of that.

The (basically) first kingdom feels like some sort of NINTENDO HIRE THIS MAN fan project that just plops Mario in whatever stage they whipped together using assets from other games or from a bin. New Donk City is even worse.

Attached: Super-Mario-Odyssey-Cascade-Kingdom-Power-Moon-Locations-Guide[1].png (620x349, 102K)

Fuck this picture gets me so hard.

unironically though i if nintendo hired kaze it'd be cool

You know who, drones. Remember they tried their hardest to pretend WWHD didn't look atrocious.

>an obviously hand crafted world with careful consideration to the lighting, shading and overall tone and atmosphere is "whipped together unity assets"

I don't care if people don't like how a game looks, but when they saw stupid stuff like this its beyond irritating,

Attached: 1557807312091.jpg (365x455, 83K)

Yea Forums gets more contrarian every time I look, impressive

A lot of work can go into something and still look like that. The term is polished turd.

If you work for years building a road through a mountain, and it's the wrong fucking mountain, you're not going to get praise for wasted effort.

You also can't call the level of bloom "Careful consideration" when it yields results like That picture isn't taking the piss either, that's legit how it is in the game. youtu.be/I_ET0Z-v5n8?t=317

It's washed out, it's too much, the art director should have swat it down.

But Dragon Quest XII looks great. Are you actually bothered by the fact that there a cartoony characters in a rich and detailed world? That kind of juxtaposition is apparent all the time and has existed in media for ages.
Classic Disney films do it, manga and anime do it and video games do it.

Attached: ichabod04.jpg (737x543, 89K)

IS THE TRUE POWER OF CHAOS CONTROL

this looks awful

but also helps to emphasize just how fucking barren sand kingdom was