Can someone explain the hype around this game

It looks exactly like the original with a few changes just like splatoon 2. So why are people acting like this is the greatest game this decade before it’s even out.

Attached: 4L_wLf7zaHc.jpg (300x300, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2gd_bU8Hsh8&t=315s
m.youtube.com/watch?v=xIOHbHbHbmc
smwcentral.net/?p=section&s=smwmusic
smwcentral.net/?p=section&a=details&id=15205
smwcentral.net/?p=comments&id=879
youtube.com/watch?v=5cHvdDalMso
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Slopes
More mechanics, enemies, themes, music
Online Multiplayer
Story mode with 100+ levels

Any chance they'll allow people to import Mario Maker 1 maps to 2? or is fairly simple quality life thing too much for nintendo to handle?

>few changes
I'm guessing you didn't play the original (or play it very much) because the depth of creation 2 allows you is exponentially more while also being way simpler to implement than 1

unless mystery mushrooms get confirmed at E3 probably not

Splatoon 2 is a lot different and this probably will be too. If a sequel of something popular radically fucks with the core gameplay, it's probably a shit or at least divisive sequel.

don't really see a reason why they would

It's an endless supply of Mario levels. Some people are gonna get infinite replayability out of this game. I understand the appeal isn't universal, but what the game enables strongly appeals to some people to the point where it's gonna be one of their favorite games.

its on a non dead system

>Online Multiplayer
>can't play with your friends
might as well not exist

This. I think there's a pretty significant divide between people who "like Mario" (which is most everybody) and people who have an actual vested interest in the series. It's one of my favorite series, and I was a Lunar Magicfag back in the day, so for people like me it's pretty much THE dream game. I imagine there are a lot of similar people on Yea Forums.

Attached: question.gif (500x500, 31K)

It has a pretty healthy amount of new content, plus the game will actually sell and have a strong community this time.

Nah, it's more like Splatoon 2 with Octo Expansion. 3D World is pretty disconnected from the other themes much like Octo Expansion is it's own thing in Splatoon 2, but they're so fucking good that it doesn't even matter.

Game has potential but the night themes being locked behind gimmicky garbage brings the entire thing down immensely, as is the lack of new enemies, placeable block types, new bosses (perfect time to add the koopalings into the game but nope, we still aren't getting them).
All Stars SMB ? block is by far the best.

Attached: night.png (256x224, 3K)

I have a vested interest in the series, but have little to none in fan created stages.

>I imagine there are a lot of similar people on Yea Forums.
Yep
There are lots of people who can make a good level, but don't have the time/patience/skill to build an entire game in SMBX/LM who are going to love mario maker. It takes out all the "bullshit" of those programs (world map editing, graphics, lua/asm, music, patching, etc...) and just lets you focus on the levels

Night theme always having the gimmick is a little annoying if you want to use it just for the looks, but I see why they did it. At least people will know what they are getting in to when they see its nighttime.

I wanted a way to hide secret areas until you walk into them, but how would you let the player use them without it being abused?

>At least people will know what they are getting in to when they see its nighttime.
There's an easy work around for that which they could have used, simply have some red '!' on the thumbnail of the stage, that would let people know if the gimmick was on or off.
There's no reason why they shouldn't have had the night time gimmicks be a simple toggle.

Iirc you can unlock non-gimmick night mode

We're not doing this again. Shut the fuck up.

motherfucking SLOPES niqqa

>muh night theme

Here we go....

SLOOOOPES!!! OMG SLOPES!!!!

Attached: 1557276650627.jpg (1440x1374, 132K)

It's video games. Not a video game. It in and of itself is video games.

S L O P E C I T Y

I don't understand
Did something happen last time somebody brought up night in one of these threads?

Attached: 1491789104544.png (447x291, 4K)

>464279023
>Look Yea Forums I posted Le funny wojak am I I cool yet?
>Hahaha s.oytendo gaping mouth AM I COOL YET?

Fucking neck yourself, you don't even get my (you)

I'll give him one for you since you're such a faggot.

Attached: 1558407859207.png (808x805, 415K)

confirmed that you wont be able to. i just wanna know if theyll do a bookmark site again or no

>really want to make a vertical shooter levels in MM2
>can't think of any way with the game's tools that let you attack things vertically without having to physically touch them
is my dream dead?

Nobody with any sense owned a WiiU

I just want it because when SMM first came out Yea Forums really loved my levels but now most of you assholes have sold your Wii U consoles.

>defending wojaks
kys

>Tranny cope poster back after getting bullied out of the last thread
Loving every laugh.

Attached: 124235347455689767.png (240x228, 78K)

Some anons had a complete meltdown over night themes forcing gimmicks, claiming and it just went downhill from there

SMB 3 and World are two of my favorite games, I can't freaking wait

youtube.com/watch?v=2gd_bU8Hsh8&t=315s
Go to 10:46, during that custom Volcano theme does anybody know where the music is from?
Help me out bros.

Anyone know if you can use the physical controls while in handheld mode? Or do they force touch?

Shut the fuck up crybaby.

I don't know the answer, but I'm interested to know why you would want to do that.

Dilate tranny

Attached: 1252364747856856.png (700x700, 292K)

Maybe he has scissors for hands and doesn't want to scratch the screen

I think it’s one of the new themes, sounds like it has notes from the SMW underground theme

m.youtube.com/watch?v=xIOHbHbHbmc

Just wondering if I need to get a stylus or not, I definitely don’t want to use my finger

It's a VLDC8 song. check smwcentral.net/?p=section&s=smwmusic

it's another enhanced port for full price+tip. thanks nintendo.

Here it is, don't know which right now so try them until you find it. You'll need an SPC player, I think addmusick has one built in or just use smwcentral.net/?p=section&a=details&id=15205

fuck smwcentral.net/?p=comments&id=879

Not even the best SMW Volcano theme
youtube.com/watch?v=5cHvdDalMso

>having friends
Begone, normie.

Its on switch though

The first and only 9th gen console, yes.

Basically most of the limitations in level design are gone, and much more complex puzzles allowed. There's going to be some crazy fucking levels at launch.

Speaking of online levels, now you can Boo! all those start the level and you're dead in a second shitty levels.

Yeah, plus more sub categories so hopefully the kaizo levels can be there own thing. Theres nothing wrong with kaizo, but creators should know that challenge is meant to ramp up

Attached: Super Mario Maker 2 Airship Night.webm (1280x720, 390K)

There was a 15 minute video that had almost NOTHING but new features and changes. If you think there's only a few differences, you're not paying attention.

OP knows, OP just wants to shitpost.

>thwomps got a new look
>thunderstorm
also looks like low gravity is the airship gimmick? I thought it would be wind, but I guess not

>Can filter out auto-mario levels
Thank god. Also like that they adopted that term officially.

It's going to be nice. Looking forward to it. OP cope

Another day, another Wii-U fag in denial that next to nobody bought that shit platform.
Goddamn these are some of the thickest people on earth, I can see now why they thought it'd be a good idea to waste hard earned cash on what was at the time an obvious flop and travesty of a console.