DARKNESS

DARKNESS

IMPRISONING ME

still the best plastic guitar game, fight me

Attached: 91YAQpwSPLL._SY445_.jpg (313x445, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Wired-GH3-Guitar-X360-Xbox-360/dp/B0015LMOTS
youtube.com/watch?v=C-wQKW5yiCY
youtu.be/aQ1lQvQ-8ac
youtu.be/b41Tf7peSpk?t=8
youtube.com/watch?v=_UkACF-G9rw
youtube.com/watch?v=j7LE2uiT7wU
youtu.be/-wBLh50pVSQ
youtube.com/watch?v=3m6ZyYcfzOc
youtube.com/watch?v=BCzjpw07jAQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ygF29U41rhA
youtu.be/E1j21GrpIzw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No that would be Rock Band 3

*canned studio audience laughter*

The PC game that let's you input your own tracks and shit is the best one. I forget what it's called, but my brother brings it over on a laptop on the weekends

clone hero? it's pretty much built off of GH3, of course it's great

they used the best game as the base

GH3's engine was abysmal though

>tractor trailer-sized timing windows
>infinite front hopo window
lmao

it's a console rhythm game, of course it's shit mechanically speaking

The Harmonix plastic guitar games had neither of these problems, so no, you're wrong.

it doesn't matter because they had forgettable set lists

and no, every "pro" plastic guitar player prefers GH and pretty much only uses GH gear and games, only soccer moms prefer rockband shit

>25 or 6 to 4
>Space Oddity
>Roundabout
>not being best

Attached: 2INT.jpg (188x264, 7K)

>the only non-filler songs

>it doesn't matter because they had forgettable set lists
Completely unrelated to the point you made about engine capability
Thanks for admitting you were wrong

>game has a great engine but no one wants to play it because it has shit songs and no custom PC version

what's the fucking point then?

>my opinions are facts
Not an argument. I see half the people saying RB had better setlists and half the people saying GH had better setlists. It's totally subjective.

>opinions
the plastic guitar meta is pretty much only GH at this point, i would say rockband objectively failed and only lives on through obese soccer moms like you

>the plastic guitar meta is pretty much only GH at this point, i would say rockband objectively failed and only lives on through obese soccer moms like you
What the fuck are you talking about? RB has more presence in 2019 than GH does. GH's reboot completely flopped, RB's reboot only moderately flopped. Sim games are neutral and don't count towards either franchise.

Literally fucking NO ONE plays RB anymore

All the top-skilled plastic guitar players DO NOT FUCKING PLAY ROCK BAND YOU SOCCER MOM

>Rock Band series has forgettable setlists
>Over 2500+ songs available in total from pretty much any artist worth a damn in the genre that wasn't a "never ever" pipe dream

>counting DLC as part of the game

Kill yourself.

Can we talk about non plastic guitar games too...?

Attached: rsmith2014-remastered-search-v2-thumb_mobile_266033.jpg (750x422, 152K)

I'll always have a soft spot for Guitar Hero, especially 2 and 3. Adding Metallica was the coolest shit ever, I couldn't believe it. GH Metallica is my favorite in the entire genre, but if you don't include spinoffs I'd probably give it to GH3 simply because it had more of the actual tracks and not covers. I play Rocksmith 2014 constantly now, so I think it would be too weird to go back to GH or Rock Band.

I get how the instrument is recognized by Rocksmith, and how it sends back notes from a digital amp, but how does it distinguish between pickups? That shit blew my mind.

Attached: 1553214034403.png (620x369, 363K)

Can you harmonix shills fuck off?

>More instruments including a fucking keyboard
>Best graphics
>A not garbage Before I Forget chart
Did you only play Guitar Hero 3 and nothing else?

>All the top-skilled plastic guitar players DO NOT FUCKING PLAY ROCK BAND YOU SOCCER MOM
And they don't play GH either you fucking idiot. They're on sims.

fuck off real guitar chads

make your own thread

>too poor to afford the guitar
>end up playing through the game with my controller

Attached: 1529459896136.jpg (704x400, 19K)

I had no idea that GH games came out on PC. Shame it's just this, Aerosmith and World Tour.

The difference is that GH had actual literal who shit like Impulse, and it was fucking great, whereas every single song in every rockband playlist ever is radio shit, and while a few songs are good every random playlist has you playing some garbage like Smashing Pumpkins and strumming a simple chord progression at 80 bpm for three minutes straight like a fucking background instrument.

>stop talking about the people that made Guitar Hero in the first place

Warriors of Rock is underrated desu

THE DEVIL WENT DOWN TO GEORGIA
HE WAS LOOKIN FOR A SOUL TO STEAL

Warriors of Rock is underrated
too bad nobody played it

Attached: 1546781-991400_20100729_008.jpg (1280x720, 270K)

3 is the only good one, and even then it's now worthless thanks to stuff like Clone Hero. World Tour is a fucking mess on PC

Mate the Rock Band Network alone had about 1000+ songs of literally who shit, including Impulse. Maybe try actually playing the games before making threads like this?

I enjoyed it
If nothing else it was a 10/10 for having Nemesis in it

Please tell me what station you have near you that plays Yes We Can so I can burn it to the ground.

>DLC

Attached: 1547750870596.png (384x371, 384K)

Cliffs of Dover was legit easier to learn for me on a real guitar than trying to FC it in this game

I'm that second post.

I started playing guitar when I turned 13 and picked up GH2 when I was 16. Those games did wonders for my timing and finger dexterity, no bullshit. They're great learning tools. I never used my pinky to fret until GH forced me to, and I picked up alternate picking endurance thanks to playing One nonstop in GH3.

What did they do to it?

It was just horrendously optimized and was clearly a direct console port as far as settings and controls went.

It's two fucking dollars a song and you get to play guitar, bass, drums, vocals and on some songs keyboard. No one is forcing you to buy all of it.
Fucking hell this is some of the dumbest shitposting I've ever seen.

>literal who shit, including [song ripped from a more popular game in same genre]
???

Yes. It's called fun.

Missing the point. Both franchises had a huge DLC library that had pretty much any style you could want, when you're directly comparing the two games you should be talking about the disc setlists.

The keyboard fucked rb3, along with pro mode. There's a reason they canned both for rb4.

>wanting multiple separate entires instead of one centralized game a year with everything thus far on it

Congratulations, you are the type of person that gave Activision and Harmonix the go ahead to overload the genre with half a dozen games a year.

If the collective DLC on yearly releases model was followed from the get-go western rhythm games be an extinct species.

Everyone's on Clone Hero these days.

Attached: murderous.jpg (1280x550, 143K)

I agree. Best song on there is Holiday in Cambodia

Completely missing the point again you fucking retard. Read, it isn't hard.

I sometimes do but not a lot of Yea Forums plays games and guitar

Attached: rs.jpg (1920x1080, 357K)

>Cliffs of Dover
makes it the best entry, simple as

All he fucking said was >dlc

The fuck do you mean, read?

Do you think Rocksmith is a good way to learn if I have no idea where to start and also suck majoir dick at guitar hero?

WALKING IN MIAMI
WITH A POCKET FULL OF SHELLLLLLS

>songless
>songful

It was DLC that killed the genre, you retard. People were fine buying GH2,3,4 and RB1,2,3, until DLC packs made them afraid to leave the title they eventually stuck on, and then when devs eventually discontinued support for the old title they were in too deep to leave it all behind and buy the new game.

Read the context of the conversation leading up to that you absolute moron. DLC isn't part of the core games being compared.

How did the keyboard fuck it? The game was better than ever
Oh you mean financially, do you?
Well yes but the genre was already dead by then; how is it relevant to the quality of the game?
Rock Band 4 is at times barely functional. It didn't even have fucking Practice Mode at launch and they locked online multiplayer behind ANOTHER paywall in addition to PS+ and Xbox Gold.

>muh boomer trash

Fine, you want base setlist only.

Let's start with RB1
>Ballroom Blitz
>Black Hole Sun
>Dani California
>(Don't Fear) The Reaper
>Enter Sandman
>Epic
>Flirtin' with Disaster
>Foreplay/Long Time
>Gimme Shelter
>Highway Star
>Run to the Hills
>Suffragette City
>Tom Sawyer
>Train Kept-a Rollin'
>Vasoline
>Wanted Dead or Alive
>Welcome Home
>Won't Get Fooled Again
>Pleasure (Pleasure)
>Timmy and the Lords of the Underworld

>a pretty decent setlist
>criminally easy to pirate songs and play customs on 360
RB3 was easily the best

so Yea Forums what is the best guitar for these games? I had a 360 world tour guitar but it failed on me recently.

I'm not sure who you think you're talking to, I'm on the RB side

>The thousands of DLC songs that cost for several fucking years literally a dollar each don't count because of my autism
Seriously just kill yourself.

amazon.com/Wired-GH3-Guitar-X360-Xbox-360/dp/B0015LMOTS

That was never an issue if you played Rock Band. That was strictly a Guitar Hero issue.

>I can't read and understand basic context
Seriously just kill yourself.

Rock Band DLC was forward compatible to RB3. This is RB1 launch DLC playing in RB3

youtube.com/watch?v=C-wQKW5yiCY

I'd say so. I already had a basic idea before I used it but I basically only use it now.

It starts really slow and takes a lot of the frustration out of it. And it's like Guitar Hero where you don't have to learn a song off and can just sight read after a while. You'll still have to fight through your fingers and hand getting crucified though.

Attached: davemustaine14[1].jpg (300x225, 18K)

Gh2 had the best controller

Attached: 20181103_142056.jpg (917x1080, 419K)

I'm most comfortable with the Guitar Hero 5 guitars but that's just me. The 3 one is too small and the Rock Band ones feel like shit because there's no feedback on the strum bar. Don't even start on the GH6 axe that digs into your fucking arms.

Rock Band 2 wins because of Painkiller.

youtu.be/aQ1lQvQ-8ac

>That was never an issue if you played Rock Band
You forgot the part where RB4 is ass and all of the current gen peripherals are garbage, so people stuck with the nonsupported last gen games.

the PDP guitars are good but yeah the madcatz RB4 ones were ass

It's the reason I got the guitar I have now.

Attached: xlarge.png (1200x425, 282K)

I was thinking about getting the xplorer controller.

Isn't GH5's controller more or less the same as world tours? Personally I don't like the WT guitar, but it was the only one i have.

An attempt was at least made in Rock Band 4 to bring everything forward. As rocky and messy as it was. Guitar Hero whatever the fuck that came out in 2016 was pure junk.

I liked the GH3 Les Paul the most but I use a wireless WTar now which is also fine.

>Rock Band is shit because it doesn't have songs by literally who bands
>The entire bonus section of Rock Band 1 is nothing but literally who songs from in-house bands and a fucking joke South Park song
>Rock Band 2 has exactly the same thing
>Set up the Rock Band Network which is 90% literally who songs from community bands with charts authored by the bands themselves
>Easy as shit to mod custom songs into the game for anything else you might want
>Rock Band 4 has more inhouse shit
>BUT MUH IMPULSE (which I'm fairly sure was the only inhouse song in Guitar Hero 3's setlist)
You are so full of shit that I am convinced that you only played Guitar Hero 3 and nothing else. Seriously just fuck off and die.

>implying GH fans got it any better in that regard

If only Clone Hero had a more concise timing window and actual elements beyond the basic note highway interface, it'd be the damn near perfect replacement for both.

As it stands, at least I can play the entire GHRB catalog in one game with all the C3 customs too.

Yes it is. Get whatever you're comfortable with although if you're thinking of getting Rock Band 4 then I don't think the Xplorer is compatible.

>wahh my setlist opinions are facts
Take your own advice

LTDs are great guitars. I've had 3: an EX-400, a Viper, and a Snakebyte. All excellent guitars. I've always been fond of the Explorer body shape, so I eventually saved up and got a Gibson Explorer. I swapped the stock pickups and put in a Sticky Fingers set. Good shit.

>SOUL TIER
GH3
RB2
GH OT series

>GOOD TIER
RB3
GH2
GH: METALLICA

>OKAY TIER
RB: BEETLES
GH: WORLD TOUR
GH: WARRIORS OF ROCK

>SHIT TIER
RB: GREEN DAY
GH: AEROSMITH
GH5

>JUST LET IT GO ALREADY TIER
GH: LIVE
RB4

>OH NO NO NOOOOOOOOOO HAHAHAHAHAHA TIER
DJ HERO
RB BLITZ
LEGO ROCK BAND

Attached: 1550454483176.png (584x562, 276K)

>2019
>not piercing the soul of crowd

youtu.be/b41Tf7peSpk?t=8

IIDX is still better

How could you forget the masterpieces of Guitar Hero: Rocks the 80s and Guitar Hero: Van Halen?

Your only fucking metric for a quality rhythm game (and what a retarded metric that is) was how many literally who songs were in it, and Rock Band has already been shitting all over Guitar Hero in that regard for over a fucking decade.
Again, kill yourself and don't attempt to debate this shit with someone who actually knows what they're talking about.

>Guitar Hero: Van Halen
Fuck, i actually did play this a lot. How could i forget? Put in good tier.

>used to be able to do some songs on expert a couple years back
>saw this thread and dug it out and gave it a go
>struggling to complete songs on easy

what the fuck just happened

Attached: 1558141417680.jpg (236x239, 12K)

Remember when Guitar Hero 3 was looked at as a complete joke with an easy as shit engine and awful charts? Why are we suddenly nostalgiafagging over it?

user I'm not who you think I am, I never claimed any of that and you're screaming at a wall
Imagine actually being this fucking mad

of course, its the ultimate rhythm game.
SDVX is fun as hell tho

Was the franchise doomed after they introduced drums?

No, I remember people loving it. In fact, you're the only autist I've ever seen that shits on GH3 so I'm just going to assume you're a harmonix shill.

It never was, the masses always loved it.

Nice. I actually own an EX-351 and a EC-500. LTDs are great workhorses but I don't care for the EMGs so I switch those out.

Don't be bad-mouthing Lego Rock Band like that. Only rhythm game where you can have an entire band of skeletons playing a Bryan Adams song about getting head.

Attached: skelly.jpg (1000x1000, 29K)

Nigga, it's fucking guitar hero. No one gives a shit about accuracy. We just like good set lists and visuals, which GH3 pretty much nailed.

Save your rhythm game autism for PC rhythm games.

Meant for

no? gh3 was great when it launched and it's still great.

I'm talking about the more dedicated players, i.e. what Yea Forums pretends to be with any other game.

Dedicated players? Have you seen the meta on youtube? It's pretty much all GH3 or clone hero.

The charting was only lauded as terrible by people who wanted more realistic/accurate charting. The problem being, that once people got a taste of more accurate charting, they realized that GH3s charts were more fun to actually play.

>tfw iron maiden rock band dlc pack
>tfw all the fucking random strusm during ho/po sections

Yeah, it's more realistic but it fucking sucks to play!

GH3's timing window was way too lax, and the character animations were pretty fucking boring when compared to the PS2 GH games and GH games that came after it.

It's alright, but there was better to pick from in the series.

Also that 'Before I Forget' chart is a crime against fingers.

>they realized that GH3s charts were more fun to actually play.
lol
youtube.com/watch?v=_UkACF-G9rw

>GH2 Free Bird
soul

Attached: 1516750495272.jpg (1089x1683, 700K)

>Also that 'Before I Forget' chart is a crime against fingers.
so you're butthurt that GH3 is too hard for you?

GH3 engine was miles better than GH1 or 2, at least. I'll take infinite-window HOPOs over broken ones, or broken strumming.

This video just shows that RB is casual garbage.

Before I Forget is not even hard on expert you fucking baby lmao.

If I looked into the book of your life and pulled out the literal worst possible moment and showed it to everyone, would you be okay with that being the thing people bring up forever?

>strumming single notes at low bpm is more fun than actual freeform chart design
I don't understand how anyone can have an opinion this bad

GH3's engine was awful but I respect its charting because they charted songs to be fun and consistently fit the difficulty instead of just directly charting the stems even if parts were incredibly simple or boring

Only GH1 had the broken hopos, GH2's engine was perfect and as far as I'm aware the Rock Band games used the same base engine and timing.

>game about showcasing guitar
>Anarchy in the UK
>Hit Me with Your Best Shot
>Paranoid
>a fucking guitar battle with Slash
It's shit.

I'm fine with the harder songs for the most part. GH3 Before I Forget is just an orgy of things that aren't chords being charted as chords.

Man I was actually gonna get a black EC-500 too after GH3 came out since I wanted something with 24 frets. I might still now that I have money and still need something with 24 frets. How's the cutaway on that? I can barely hit the 20s on my EX

>keep debating the point and lose
>lol actually that wasn't me
Assuming that you're purely the guy saying DLC killed the series and that you're not the guy bitching about a lack of lesser known band representation killed the series that's also bullshit considering all of the DLC was compatible with later (and better) core games, and the problem was that it was both a fad genre and overloaded in the same year with individual disc releases.

Guitar Hero was such a genius concept I hope has a grand return one day.

>Assuming that you're purely the guy saying DLC killed the series
I'm not
Literally all I did was come in and say that when you're arguing RB vs GH on the surface you should probably focus on the core setlist since DLC opens up a lot of variables on both sides

GH2 had problems with fast strumming e.g. Trogdor. On 360 it was even worse; songs like Six or Misirlou were fucked. Technically they were still possible to FC but it required such precision and abuse of the hit windows that it wasn't fun anymore.

>Guitar Hero was such a genius concept
They stole it from Konami

Attached: 1548557045316.png (827x1085, 1.98M)

Are you seriously saying that Before I Forget's GH3 chart is in any way accurate or fun to play?
I can pull out Prayer of the Refugee as well if you like.

Yes, and as a barometer for that you claimed that because GH3 had one lesser known song that made it infinitely better when Rock Band already has tons of those types of songs on its fucking setlists.

>Caring about this shit when you're a kid.
You must have been the autistic one.

>Are you seriously saying that Before I Forget's GH3 chart is in any way accurate or fun to play?
see
That was one cherrypicked example where they kind of went full retard with it but elsewhere the freeform charting just made songs more enjoyable to play and have fewer dry spells.

That wasn't me you fucking retard. What are you not understanding here?

So what is your point? Is it seriously just as basic as "Guitar Hero has better songs in my opinion than Rock Band?" i.e. a purely subjective viewpoint?

This thread is completely fucked.

Post the song you played most, whatever game. Stop bitching at each other.

>tfw never eat the game on expert
Raining Blood is pure bullshit and you know it.

Fuck your mother.

One's worse

I just told you what my point was.

LAY YOUR WEARY HEAD TO REST
DON'T YOU CRY NO MORE

Guitar Hero 3 is where it started getting bad and world tour was the last game worth caring about.

All of the Rock Band games are good but nobody wants to buy the plastic instruments necessary for them anymore.

>one cherrypicked example
Here's another one
youtube.com/watch?v=j7LE2uiT7wU

>tfw no gitaroo man successor ever

maybe it's better this way.

on One you could just hold down one of the 3 keys and tap the other 2. Raining Blood's just bullshit keymashing

And the quality of the core setlist is purely subjective, so why did you even bother arguing in the first place?

maybe...

Attached: 1474334170740.png (700x900, 297K)

>playing on expert and the solo comes up at the end of purple haze (live)
>friend just starts laughing

>feeling confident enough at expert guitar in RB: the beetles to play expert guitar and vocals at the same time while my friend plays bass

I got -1 on Expert Raining Blood at least 15 times at different spots so I hate the song and will always hate it.
67/70 FCs club forever.

Attached: 1.jpg (540x668, 64K)

youtu.be/-wBLh50pVSQ

There's literally nothing wrong with this

i only ever got 1 FC and it was on a fucking Linkin Park song on World Tour because it was the easiest song in the game. I can't even try again anymore because i lost the controllers i used to own

That was my point.

>play Birthday as a vocalist in TBRB, solo vocals chart makes you jump between all three vocal parts for "Yes, we're going to a party, party..."
>play Drive My Car as a vocalist in TBRB and realize the vocal part you thought was lead is actually a backing part

Attached: edTV.png (1453x1080, 1.01M)

Mate it adds notes that don't even exist in the song and the chorus is just a shitty chordfest.

>Playing on some gimp toy with 4 buttons made for people with down syndrome
>Instead of buying actual guitar and learing all the cool riffs on your own
I still don't get the hype around guitar hero. I unironically bought myself a real guitar and learned how to play it and found it much more entertaining

Frets on Fire?

Don't forget it's a kids game with a Lostprophets song it. Mega Lolz

PICK ME UP
FROM MY KNEES

I repeat, what's wrong with that? Like I said before, it makes the chart more interesting to play and keeps its difficulty consistent instead of the chorus being an easy dry spell.

It's unfortunate, isn't it? Back when Guitar Hero: World Tour and Lego Rock Band each came out, Lostprophets was just another run of the mill inoffensive alt-rock band.

Now due to the passage of time both of those games are now associated with an incarcerated babyfucker.

Attached: 1502638734915.png (500x380, 232K)

For awhile I had the thought that I wanted to see a Rock Band game end witha show that has the "final" guitar song from every harmonix-directed game, so you'd have maybe like, Highway Star, Free Bird, etc and then just to throw you for a fucking loop the final song in the game would be
youtube.com/watch?v=3m6ZyYcfzOc from the original GH

It's work to hit past the 22nd fret honestly but some of the new ECs have a really slick neck joint now that are probably way better.

>>Playing on some gimp toy with 4 buttons made for people with down syndrome
Actually it's a gimp toy with 5 buttons made for people with down syndrome

It's the same logic as to why someone mind enjoy playing Windjammers but then also enjoy playing irl tennis and frisbee.

I'll give you anarchy in the uk but
>a song with an honest to god guitar riff and solo being a bad pick for an early song
>arguably the most iconic metal song ever
>a battle with a top 10 most famous guitarist is a bad thing

Can we talk about the actual bad things in the game like Story of my Life, Rock n Roll All Nite and Tom Morello's half-assed awful attempt at a guitar battle??

I genuinely enjoy Dragonforce and most power metal in general so playing them on Clone Hero is extremely fun for me.

Attached: yip.png (221x181, 60K)

Power metal is gay

That just makes it more fun.

>Tom Morello's half-assed awful attempt at a guitar battle??

What? You didn't like Bweepbweepbweepbweepbweepbweepbweeeeeeeep wakkakkakkakkakkakkakka BWOOOONG!

>DragonForce

Has RB3 Operation Ground and Pound been FC'd by anyone yet? Or is it still a lost cause?

Will got it a few months back
Only potm isn't fcd now

GH3 had the least soul of the bunch, you retards. It's when Activision said "fuck you, it's ours because we want yearly releases n shit" and put a bunch of monkeys to work on it.

>actual bad things in the game
i mean if we're going down this route, bring up the absolute joke of GH3's T7 songs.
no challenge whatsoever.

Which one Yea Forums?
Cliffs of Dover or Impulse?

I hate to parrot stuff from earlier in the thread but that dude is completely right about before I forget being a horrible unfun chart. Knights is the only time your strumming stamina gets tested and CoP's solos are wild. It's def overall harder than the rest of the game before it,

Impulse >>>

>free day in middle school
>some kid brought his ps2 and GH3
what a legend

Granted that the DJ Hero controller was a pile of fuck conceptually, the gameplay (minus rewind) and its music rivaled the best moments of GH.

Attached: 1377276656360.jpg (3150x4031, 452K)

youtube.com/watch?v=BCzjpw07jAQ
>If anything could ever be this good again

Attached: 1527475071720.jpg (744x1053, 96K)

it's kino as fuck but all the special abilities and shit made it not really guitar hero. It was a weird one since it expected you to hop up and down on the gage with all the wacky shit happening.

That said, 2112 is still the best sequence in GH. Couldn't ask for a better swan song than that set.

CoP's solos are okay but that's all it has going for it. Rest of the song might as well just not exist.

Did it compare to Moving Pictures front-to-back in RB? I should really get around to playing GH5.

Don't play rocksmith to learn. The songs don't do anything for you, what you want to do is play the arcade games, those actually teach you useful techniques.

How much do wii guitar controllers go for these days?

Attached: B83390F1-900F-4FE3-B1DC-106467DC6A5B.jpg (292x443, 91K)

I never played rock band much so I can't tell ya man. warriors of rock was weird because it tried to be almost like a game inside of a rhythm game.

>Knights is the only time your strumming stamina gets tested
Probably unrelated but this reminded me of The Way It Ends and its constant high speed strumming for damn near 5 minutes straight. Holy fuck was that a ridiculous song.

Attached: 1446995104452.jpg (282x282, 6K)

Is Clone Hero decent?

It lets you import any chart from any RB/GH/etc. on top of any custom charts made from scratch. There's a sizeable community for it too so since it's free there's no reason not to at least try it out.

Do you need to use a particular GH controller for PC compatibility?

wired x360 controllers are plug and play but i believe any official ones outside of xbox one rock band guitars can be used via adapters

Attached: whyks3.png (415x381, 150K)

Cheers. Downloading it now.

Have any links to decently priced guitars?

your best option is local goodwills or flea markets or facebook marketplace. it's practically impossible to get a guitar at a "good" price online now

Go play in traffic you dire cunt, DJ Hero is better than a vast majority of the genre, and its sequel is only slightly below, and that's before you take into account that it has original mashups instead of just the licensed songs themselves, and those mashups are fucking incredible 9 times out of 10.

Also put GH Van Halen in DJ Hero's place in that last tier. A game so bland they mailed it to you for free if you owned GH5.

Attached: 1506093683033.jpg (420x410, 17K)

>t. the one guy who played DJ Hero

Had 1-3 + World Tour & Rock Band on my PS2 back in the day had probably 2-3 wireless guitars and the wired one i got with GH2 along with a drum kit and microphone. 3 was still easily the best in the series though regardless of the drums or whatever the fuck. Fun shit.

Attached: IMG_20190529_095849.jpg (1033x1000, 101K)

Power metal is good shit but Dragonforce is ass. I relistened to TtFatF and loved it but then I decided to listen to their other work and it's all garbage. The band legitimately comes across as a power metal soundboard being mashed over and over until an album comes out; ill-fitting and generic ideas on every single track. The ONE track that Guitar Hero used happened to be the "Monkey types the works of Shakespeare" of their entire discography where it all comes together, and even then it's boosted by nostalgia and the fact that they speed up their fucking guitar solos in post-production.

When is Guitar Hero: Blind Guardian?

Attached: 1531595687321.png (2518x1024, 397K)

>it's pretty much built off of GH3
I think the interface is more like World Tour and 5.

This but unironically.
Why the fuck did they add a Bastille song as DLC

Check reverb, it's the ebay for music instruments and the like. You can find LP standard Epiphones for cheap there. If you got the money, purchase a MIJ Les paul because apparently they're equal and sometimes superior to their Gibson counterpart of the year.

I got mine for cheap from a friend because this nigga was planning to destroy his for a music video of his and he had no use for it as he already owned multiple Gibsons. It's a real beauty.

Weird, I just played this earlier today. Pulled my Wii out of storage and booted it up. Could barely finish any of the songs, lol. A decade ago I could 5 star most of them.

Switch GH3 and Beatles and put GH2 in soul as well.

to be fair iirc the wii version of gh3 has horrible calibration issues, and I assume you were probably playing it on an hdtv

It was, at least on scorehero.

>Just finished a few rounds of GH3
>Decide to boot up WoDR
>Fret chart feels fucking terrible to nail like there is a delay or some shit and no its not lag
>songs are shit and boring to play just holding the same notes then swapping to a different pair of notes ocassionally

Were did it all go so wrong? Were people really that shit at GH3? Finally mastering Mosh 1 on Raining Blood after a week of playing across metallica and WT was probably the most satisfying i've done in a rythmn game in a while.

Green Day should go in "OH NO NO" tier.
Put Lego Rock Band and Blitz in OK tier.

>Chart being inaccurate to the song and a massive chordfest designed to hurt your hands
>more interesting to play
This thread has put the retardation of Yea Forums on full display.

So basically 90% of everyone in this thread only played Guitar Hero 3?

Video games arent supposed to be realistic because realism does not = fun. I literally just played WoR and GH3 back to back in my previous post and the other user is right that shit is a fucking snore fest.

>potm
I thought that was done by someone a little while ago but they thought he was cheating or something. That and Wait and Bleed are fucking awful charts.

I played GH1-3 when they released and then stuck with RB games after that.

>straight up admitting you're a baby-handed casual

You draw the fucking line of realism over a single fucking Guitar Hero chart?
It's not even a fun fucking chart anyway
>hurr I only have to play singles instead of chords worst game ever
Play a different fucking song then because absolutely no one else agrees with you.
Jesus fucking Christ this fucking board

Attached: 1558229395132.png (1280x720, 181K)

>Guitar Hero 3 babby calling anyone a baby-handed casual

GH2, 80s, 3, SH, WT, Aerosmith, and 5, plus RB2.

Attached: 1422711471505.gif (267x199, 166K)

I've played GH1, 2, 80s, 3, WT, Metallica, 5, VH, On Tour, and the Arcade cab, as well as RB2-4 and LEGO RB, and both DJ Heroes.

DJ Hero is my favorite of the bunch. After that are GH2/GH5/DJ2, although the main RB games are likely good, just I didn't play them very much as they were all at friends' places.

Oh fuck, I forgot about Aerosmith. I played that too. Perry's battle was really good.

Since I'm posting again: World Tour is underrated. It has some weird song decisions but the highlights are really high on that setlist and it introduced me to some great bands. Also IIRC it's the only GH with Joe Satriani on the base game setlist so it gets bonus points.

I remember people still playing GH2 over 3. Then WT killed it even more after everyone jumped to RB for band play.

All the songs in WoR suck though?

>and the Arcade cab
I wouldn't consider that different from GH3 desu

Only brainlet normies think music ages.

Rock Band came out over here a full year after everyone else got it and we never even got Rock Band 2, so Guitar Hero was always more popular.

>GH3 charting
>DUDE KEYBOARDS LMAO

I'm not talking about WoR you idiot.

HE DOESN'T LOOK A THING LIKE JESUS

Straya? I always contemplated importing RB2 from NZ but never got around to it. I regret it now.

Easy charts are boring as shit kys fag.

>I would rather sit there and play nothing instead of having the keyboards charted

GOD DAMMIT WHY AM I SO BAD

I KEEP PLAY AND PLAYING AND I STILL CANT EVEN 100% HARD

that's the funny thing people forget. I still remember to this day, when Harmonix finally put Fire and Flames up for DLC on Rockband. Everyone cried like a baby because they couldn't pass some solos.

>defending Neversoft's utter shitshow of charting effects, keyboards, and the fucking whammy bar as HOPO
Fuck you. Why the fuck am I playing a whammy as HOPO? Neversoft might as well have been the killing blow to the series. At least Harmonix had SOME idea of what they were doing.

Is a PS2 SG good enough for CH? I'm not in the mood to pay more than $30 for a plastic guitar or scavenge around for one.

Why don't you play a more difficult song then?
Fucking hell the Dark Souls git gud difficult for the sake of it mentality has destroyed this board.

Cliffs of Dover was the best track on GH3. Don't @ me

Attached: 1557306074516.jpg (569x450, 177K)

youtube.com/watch?v=ygF29U41rhA

I swear to god most of the notes should be hammer ons

these individual notes in between are pissing me off

Wouldn't be realistic.

agreed

THIS
IS
MY
curse

youtu.be/E1j21GrpIzw
This is the future we have brought.

I still play the GH3 chart of One to this day. It's such a fun song to play.

I played GH1, 2, 80's, 3 and then moved on to Rock Band.

Man you guys missed out.

Probably something from Moving Pictures. All Rush setlist was my go-to when I was bored with new songs.

Attached: cover_15116552016_r.jpg (1000x1000, 132K)

What's the best controller for Clone Hero?