Starfield - The comeback of a superstar

400 new employees
Job postings confirming massive overhauls to the engine
Developed for next gen
Confirmed new tech including photogrammetry, Quixel's Megascans tech, third party tech for rendering massive landmasses
Bethesda knows their reputation has tanked with 76 so they have to knock this one out of the park and planet
Described as "The biggest, most epic science fiction thing you could possibly imagine" and just fucking crazy ambitious which they have never done for previous games

Yeah I'm thinking he's back

Attached: 1558890738255.png (1280x650, 635K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamebryo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

all that and still no ladders

and other lies you can tell yourself

>The biggest, most epic science fiction thing you could possibly imagine
Yeah I'm sure this isn't just the usual Bethesda bullshittery

>been in development for years
>still literally nothing to show for it
>won't even be at E3
Not looking good.

>massive overhauls to the engine
Give me a call when they actually use a new engine, not one so old it still has Morrowind code floating around in it.

They won't showcase it at E3 because it'll be a clash of conflict with other games. When they drop it, it'll drop like Death Stranding and be its own exposure.

the gamebryo engine is fucking pathetic and needs to die, now.
it was already barely duct taped together on skyrim, at this point they're patting themselves on the back for successfully implementing things that have been in games since the 90s in their backwards cantankerous shit engine

WHAT other games? BGS Maryland has been chillaxing since Nuka World.

>tfw the game comes out and the story is just Empire vs. Stormcloaks in space again

Do they not do eso? That just had an expansion

you want more you greedy dirtbag?

Attached: 1475073471118.jpg (1062x1062, 495K)

Main Bethesda studio might not release a game between 2015 and 2021 at this rate. Pretty insane. I think we might see a re-release of a Oblivion/Skyrim remaster combo pack next year

can they just stop fucking using the oblivion engine already

that's zenimax in-house, 76 was by a bgs sub studio, iirc

*morrowind engine
That is what you meant to type, thanks.

*morrowind engine, which was already somewhat jury rigged and limited even then
and they won't because their programmers are fucking incompetent and too dependent on their established safe space. the only good thing is easy modding that everyone already knows in and out, so at least they can fix a million things on launch

>massive overhauls to the engine
heard that one before

if they know what they are doing, they can mold creation engine into something good. The modern Call of Duty engine is still used and it was based on the Quake 3 Arena engine originally.
It's just Bethesda don't seem to know what they're doing in that area

wrong. Morrowind was the netimmerse engine.

They should migrate to something like the Star Citizen engine minus the bugs.
If they want to continue to make open world games they are going to have to bite the bullet and get a new engine.

they don't know what they're doing, and even if they did, putting in basic shit like pointed lights and ladders would be monumental because the engine is such an outdated piece of shit to the core.

Netimmerse was what Gamebryo was called prior to 2003, you zoomer.

No they are two different engines. Gamebryo proceeded netimmerse you retarded fuck.
It is the same company that distributes it. That is the connection.

is there any truth to what OP is saying? Maybe they are actually hiring some skilled programmers to work on it after FO76 and outcries for a new engine. Usually they just seem to have Todd's buds from college doing the programming but FO76 hurt them. It's not impossible to make Creation engine good

Protip: don't go around calling peole zoomers when you are a zoomer
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamebryo
You can clearly see the games are divided by engine and morrowind does not use gamebryo since it didn't exist.
Inb4 some retarded mental gymnastics uhuh you are WRONG.

>Skyrim announced
>"we've overhauled the engine!"
>Fallout 4 announced
>Fallout 76 announced

please don't continue to fall for this

Attached: anko.jpg (703x720, 81K)

>>he doesn't know how Zenimax, Bethesda Softworks, Bethesda Game Studios etc function and relate to one another
fucking casual.

Still a shitty engine.

all i know is the difference in performance from Skyrim to Fallout 4 is really bad and it doesn't really make sense.
But a lot of big companies seem to be doing this thing of releasing buggy unoptimised trash lately.

trying to make the "creation engine" good in 2019 is just turd polishing
it served its purpose for morrowind and oblivion, it was tolerable for skyrim, and considering the limitations, they actually accomplished a lot even though it wouldn't be impressive on any other engine. but the old dog needs to be put down now to get some well earned rest while a young one takes over

How the FUCK can people still shill for this company? Your blind fanboyism only serves to make that company greedier.

its going to be more cinematic with even less role-playing. I wouldn't be surprised if it just ended up being an ubisoft open-world game with barely any RPG mechanics

Gamebryo is an upgraded and "rebranded" Netimmerse. Hell, the biggest example of elements of the old NI engine still being in the Creation Engine are the usage of NIF files. Yes, Gamebryo is "different" than Netimmerse but it still has the same basic architecture.

don't bully Todd

Todd is the only dev keeping vydia alive

the gamebryo engine is like a nice old man who you've grown up with and had a lot of good times with but he can't afford to retire so he's forced to keep working as he's getting older and slower in changing times and isn't even good at his job anymore because he's so old

it's gonna looks bland and generic as fuck im betting

They don't want to migrate because creation engine already is their own in-house engine and has everything perfectly laid out for how they make their games. They just want to truly modernize it, which I don't think is impossible if they hire the right people. But I am an optimist

they want to desperately slap another coat of paint over the rotting walls to fool normies just like they've already done over and over, less convincing every time, clinging to their safe space to the point of ridiculousness.

Sounds like pandering to the "epic science factz" crowd

THIS time it's gonna be different

morrowind, oblivion, skyrim, new vegas, all some of my favorite games. even fallout 3 was cool even though it fucked up the themes and lore. i used to anticipate their games more than any others, warts and all. and i don't believe in them anymore. they have lived long enough to become the villain.

so what, FO4 wasnt that good. Bethesda Fallout was never good. Only NV managed to pull it off and that was Obsidian.
They could still make a good TES game I bet

I dunno if Todd's team made FO76, but that was a retarded idea all along anyway

How do we market this game?

Attached: shado1.jpg (640x945, 88K)

This is the Starfield map, and you can not prove it is not true.

Attached: 1554228006719.jpg (2472x3080, 1.13M)

ERECT NIPPLES IN SKINTIGHT BODYSUITS

>Obsidian.

Probably but, Bethesda would never approve something like that.

I was talking about BGS when I said I bet they could still make a good TES game, not Obsidian.
Just saying BGS Fallout games have always sucked compared to their Elder Scrolls games

totally comfy and no challenge at all!

starfeels!

Attached: starfields feels.gif (1343x1254, 526K)

>400 employees

Who’ll be laid off in the following year

>Massive overhauls
How about a NEW engine? How about that?
Can’t wait for yet another glitchy, borderline unplayable “””masterpiece””” from Bethesda.

Let me know when they hire some decent writers and commit to getting rid of paid mods.

Good one.

Attached: 1z4ppm.jpg (600x400, 46K)

Especially when you consider that since it's a setting they haven't done before, they'd have to come up with brand new RPG systems, skills, etc., and that sounds like far more work than Bethesda would be willing to do.

Todd here.
You will be amazed.
I guarantee it.

Attached: 1550550833821.jpg (1333x2000, 418K)

But he's also the only person in the world who does his job, so no matter how much he fucks up, you have to accept it.

I believe you Tood

Attached: starfields feelsbad.gif (2000x1254, 1.32M)

Do we know if Bethesda is going to do that stupid idea where they combine all the universes so that Starfield is the future of Fallout and Fallout is the future of Elder Scrolls or some bullshit like that?

A new engine won't fix the lazy devs, who change shit so that it "doesn't stand out" ie. so they don't have to try or who reject concepts for guns so they can reuse animations.

You already know goldfish have short attention spans.

It's going to an action game and it will be the worst action game ever. Like FFXV

Staaaaarfieeeeld what happened to all my space lasagna?

Attached: starfield.png (300x250, 23K)

Odie, we must destroy the toddfield before John gets home.

Attached: destroy the tod field.gif (2000x1254, 740K)

Are you seeing stars in your field now, Todd?

Attached: starfield2.png (300x250, 34K)

I already am, Todd, I already am.

Attached: yamada.png (1920x1080, 1.61M)

Skyrim's engine sure as shit was a big step up from Oblivion, Fallout 3 and New Vegas

Somewhat related but Yamada gave me a hardon whenever she spoke in the animu
Anyone else go through this?

Attached: 1535074795254.jpg (1280x720, 96K)

yes

Attached: 1559034405975.jpg (700x1024, 129K)

Nah this a paid shill thread I saw all these exact comments like a million times already just go look in archives for proof

She's cute and on the not-too-obnoxious side for 14--15-year-old.
No hadrones though.

16 times the details

Will Starfields be eclipsed?

Attached: outer todd fields.gif (2000x1254, 789K)