youtube.com/watch?v=cv3GHebJ1iU
twitter.com/343Postums/status/1134481438152114176
youtube.com/watch?v=cLWEGNyFcvE
halopedia.org/Truth_(level)
baka.com.au/technology/prepare-for-all-out-war-20070831-gdqzq3.html
gamesindustry.biz/articles/halo-series-sells-25m-worldwide
halo.bungie.net/news/content.aspx?cid=26642
thesixthaxis.com/2012/06/27/new-halo-4-details-leaked-by-retail-training-quiz/
eurogamer.net/articles/2012-10-31-more-than-46-million-halo-games-have-been-sold-worldwide
news.xbox.com/en-us/2014/10/17/games-halo-master-chief-collection-pre-download/
gamespot.com/articles/halo-series-reaches-65-million-units-sold/1100-6428844/
rectifygaming.com/halo-franchise-total-sales-are-over-70-million-units/
usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2018/06/28/halo-video-game-franchise-get-showtime-live-action-series/742239002/
mspoweruser.com/microsoft-says-halo-5-sold-par-previous-entries-like-halo-1-4/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

NOOOOOO I THOUGHT HALO WAS BACK BROS!!! THIS CAN'T BE!!!

Attached: just.png (394x360, 130K)

Sprint wasn't even bad

Dude, we knew, this, deal with it, or play Halo MCC, I swear its tiring that we CE guys have to always deal with you 3babies whining.

>"In 2015, sprint is a staple for the modern FPS gamer. Leaving it out Halo 5 would be ignoring a huge portion of the gaming demographic's expectations."

>"Stay on top of trends. Make sure you got your finger on the pulse of your audience and pay attention to what's trending in your genre to make informed decisions about where to conform or stray from those trends. For example, increased mobility in first-person shooters."

- Ryan Darcey, former Senior System Designer of 343 Industries, 2015

>none of the good Halo games had sprint
>all the old legendary FPS games had no sprint
>well a durr all the FPS I play have it
>even blizzard eating their hat and admitting too much change pushes people away with Classic with 'no changes'
>343 has yet to make a good game, even being given one of the 'best' console FPS franchises

Attached: 1559183095277.png (291x421, 110K)

Sprint was ok. Thrusters, shoulder charge, and ground pound were all shit tho.

Don't like sprint? Don't use it. It's literally that simple.

thank god, it's saved!

latter two, yes, former two, nah

>albeit a few
Do you think he's ever played a pre-Reach Halo game?

Only if it is illegal for others to use it whenever I am playing.

>none of the good Halo games had sprint
Fuck off, Reach was good.

>games entire movement system is balanced around sprint
>durrrr just no use it haha le bait

Attached: 1558372247617.png (500x522, 118K)

Halo has sprinting since reach though

No it isn't. I don't like sprint because it leads to bullshit like kids sprinting around corners into a melee before I can take his shields down or fall back. Even worse if they have a sword

Just make a mode to appease whiny assholes where you can't sprint.

>Sprint is in.
Then I'm out.

This

i don't mind sprint if the game accommodates for it. i'm so used to sprint now that it won't effect how i play anyway. the thruster shit needs to go though it's jarring when the guy you're trying to headshot changes direction in mid air. halo is a primarily console shooter and you're not going to be able to keep up with someone thrusting side to side mid-air on a controller. it was by far the dumbest addition to a halo game ever.

Has this retard ever heard of CSGO?

Halo is dead, 343 turned it into COD a long time ago. If you actually expected this to not be hot garbage like 5, you're just an idiot.

designing maps around sprint makes for bad maps

>legit
>Never played a fps without some form of sprint

There you go folks. It's easy to spot children. They say shit like "legit" instead of legitimately and have never played a single game from before when they were born.

nah, thrusters are awesome, offers some (short) way of getting out of trouble without sacrificing shield regeneration like sprint

No it wasn't

just give me h3 on pc already
i dont even give a fuck

Fucking retards.

Keep trying to make your square peg fit into the round hole that is Halo.

Attached: 0033cr3h.gif (480x352, 1023K)

There's nothing wrong with sprint.

However, INFINITE sprint doesn't belong in Halo. It makes sprint mandatory, locking you into an animation all the time, and forces the devs to stretch the maps out longer to accommodate for the infinite sprinting which in turns ruins the balance by making mid to long range weapons king.

Attached: 1495338396828.jpg (500x430, 65K)

>albeit a few
Retard.

Thank god I jumped ship from Xbox ages ago. What a fucking embarrassment they have become. Halo ended with Reach and is never coming back.

>Why isn't this game identical to all the others? It should be identical to all the others.

Fucking lol

By that logic all FPS games must trend to some middle ground amalgamation of every other popular FPS

sprinting is a useless mechanic wich divides the game in 2 parts

the part when you are moving fast and can't shoot
the part when you are moving slower and can shoot

not being able to shoot is not fun and also is a completely meaningless addition
if you think the players are too slow just make them move faster.
fuck even blizzard understands that making an fps without sprint is just better

Attached: vrun0jws4ez21.png (742x1050, 762K)

user, he is 343's actual community rep.

Attached: 77543225.jpg (1280x720, 73K)

But does it have ADS?

Don't like bait? Don't reply. It's literally that simple.

No thanks, I have T Mobile.

Classic FPS games had sprint, but they did not force you to be unable to shoot either. The issue would be fixed if they allowed you to shoot and sprint in Halo Infinite.

I can name 30 fps that don't have sprint, retard.

And?

hear, hear

YIKES
I
K
E
S

This is why I don't understand why people shit on Reach for having sprint. It was an optional item that made you sprint for 5 seconds and had a long cooldown. It was obviously made for quick repositioning and simple dodging, not for map traversal like in Halo 5.

I don't get why fucking zoomers and 343niggers cannot understand this.

I HAD FAITH 343!!!!!!!!! GODDAMNITTTT!!!!!

Attached: 1558043273800.png (500x467, 299K)

Hall as a series is defined by being optimised for console
Sprint is more suited to pc

Reach is objectively the best game in the series. The multiplayer at least. You cannot refute this.

Based. If your Space Marines can't run they're not fit to be called such

>faith in 343I

Attached: 1537483270893.jpg (438x307, 18K)

but you were always running in halo

This. All they'd have to do is have a """""difficulty""""" setting with sprint disabled named "Purist Mode" to appropriately stroke these whining faggots e-peens. The spergs must be appeased.

lmao how can a game mechanic such as fucking sprint piss you retards off so much? quit living in the past you fucking boomers, you'll be dead in like 20 years anyway.

Attached: 1555157417801.png (479x521, 207K)

Nice, at least they will filter bungiefags straight away

>every other FPS I played
So he didn't even play the original trilogy.

>literally one of the worst
Only good things were customization, and forge, casualizing the multiplayer with all the shit ass armor abilities was the worst thing to happen to the series

The 343 Fanboy/Paid Shill Checklist:
>Halo needs to evolve
>Sprint keeps Halo relevant
>I feel like a supersoldier when I sprint
>I feel like a supersoldier when I use the thruster pack
>Halo didn't have competition back then
>Halo 5 doesn't have ADS
>The radar in Halo 5 is good
>The campaign in Halo 5 is bad, but the multiplayer is good
>Halo 4 was underrated
>Crouch jumping is still relevant in Halo 5
>Bungie is the reason why 343 makes bad Halo games
>What about Reach
>What about Destiny
>343 doesn't have to show the population counter
>343 doesn't show the population, because less people will play bad game modes (Ignores Halo 3's population 3 years after release)
>lorefagging
>There's no such thing as a true Halo fan
>I never said that
>Automatics in Halo 5 aren't overpowered
>343 saved Halo
>changes the subject when the MCC is brought up
And their personal favorite:
>I've been playing Halo since CE, and Halo 5 is a good game
If you think you're arguing with a 343 fanboy or a paid shill, simply resort to this checklist, call him a 343 fanboy or a paid shill, then ignore him. Watch him cower and recoil as he's been found out.

Its not sprint, its sprint in halo

>giving a game depth is bad
Sure thing faggot.

Guess you weren't around the h3 to reach transition. The time when Halo tied.

>True Halo fans are "spergs" and "whiny assholes" for wanting the game to be good

Fucking kys 343 shills.

>I can name 30 fps that don't have sprint, retard.
Good for you, that doesn't change the fact that you can't read.

have sex

literally every single long lasting game franchises got major changes. Could've expected that xniggers won't be able to get themselves over it though.

Typical whining from dirty Elite scum. Stay out of my territory you Active Camouflage using faggot.

It's fine, I just won't buy it.
gonna be shit anyways

Video game sequels are sometimes not exact replicates of the games that precede them. Shocking, I know.

Sent shill

Why not just allow the players to bunnyhop or strafe jump? Sprinting just makes the game slow.

Or that you are moving goal post by saying "but he said a few!" and now implying somehow that an infinite number of games can be part of a few (1-3)

Im not against changes, im not even against sprint inherently

Its that the changes have been shit and sprint in halo is pretty stupid in halo so far. Im not looking to play cod with a halo skin. AND I HAVENT LMAO

Adding mandatory sprinting in Halo is like adding mandatory sprinting to Counter Strike or Team Fortress 2

>I'm not afraid of change
>Now add this mechanic to this shooter that every single shooter game I've played to this one shooter that doesn't conform
>Guess you can't cope with change haha

I don't give a fuck but lmao the posturing on this oaf.

>now it's pretending to be a sonyfag

>increased mobility in first-person shooters.
sprint does not even add increased mobility since you can't fire when you sprint

You're the one who moved goalposts, first claiming that the guy has played no games without sprint and then going on about how many games without sprint you can name.

git gud

How many times are you gonna post this anyways

Semantics.

>Offer a unique gameplay experience that others do not have
>Take it away in favor of being like others
>Now nobody wants to paly your game
THESE PEOPLE ARE FUCKING RETARDS HOLY CHRIST ON A COCK

>Sprint
>Depth
HAHAHAHAHAHA

>all modern have sprint!
>ignores csgo and overwatch
redditor logic at work

They could at least change the damage model to compensate for the extra mobility. Halo's large health pool combined with sprinting is incredibly annoying considering you can just bounce the fuck out as soon as you realize you're losing the damage battle. You don't have to commit to anything and it makes everybody play like a coward.

Nobody wants to be in your territory reachfag

>343 told IGN a couple months back that Halo Infinite will be a "spiritual reboot" for the franchise
>guy on RetardERA who broke the original news about Playground getting bought out by M$ and their new second team doing a new Fable said that Halo Infinite has prominent RPG elements in its campaign
>343 job listing posted the next week looking for a game designer who has "experience working on FPS games that merge shooting and role-playing mechanics"

Thanks Phil, I always wanted to see Halo turned into a looter shooter to move GamePass subscriptions!

or people are able to sprint in real life so having it in a game allows for more depth of gameplay than just being a doom clone.
are you mad about crouching too faggot?

Nobody argues against clamber though, and it's just as bad. It ruins the maps and locks vertical movement to an animation in one direction.

Can somebody post the webm of Halo 3 vs Halo 5 movement speed?

Video game mechanics are semantics to begin with retard.

There's no depth in sprint.

These guys REALLY don't want to make Halo popular again, don't they?

They're gonna keep loot boxes, ADS, and infinite sprint and they'll continue to wonder why everyone is playing Halo 3 instead. Fucking morons.

Attached: headache.jpg (468x506, 50K)

>spring divides the game in two parts
>sprint doesn't add any depth
Choose one.

Attached: 1544251093662.jpg (1021x734, 105K)

Based, fuck h3 spergs

Attached: 1528928419011.png (605x738, 693K)

>bUt Halo 5 moVemEnt Is FaSteR, iT doEsn'T maTteR if tHe maPs wErE mAdE biGgeR tO AcComMoDatE SprInT

Halo 5 balanced sprint well. 4 fucked up horribly by adding sprint in without balancing it in the slightest

>Literally describes how the depth is being subtracted
>"More is more, lol"

Attached: 6438900.jpg (500x393, 121K)

No saying that sprinting doesn't add increased mobility because of your arbitrary definition of mobility in video games is semantics.

yes there is. it was just mentioned .
you move faster but can't shoot.
you move slower but can.
kill yourself.

Who gives a fuck about balance when it isn't fun to use and actively punishes you for using it.

A line needs to be drawn between balance and fun, and it clearly wasn't in Halo 5.

Sprinting in FPSes is a good mechanic since there is a light tradeoff in that you can't fire while moving faster. There are many modernized mechanics that DO blow ass, and Halo even picked up on them as early as 2 with regenerating health. Sprint isn't one of them.

There has never been a good shooter with sprint.

People bitching about muh sprint weren't getting Infinite anyway, this is why you have MCC on PC.

Sprint and Thrusters are legit good additions.

Shoulder charge gives too much advantage to retards running around corners and corridors with very little penalty. Ground pound sucks because it delays a melee in the air. Can't count the number of times I've tried to melee only to have it buffer because the game can't register whether im holding it or tapping it fast enough.

Attached: Noble Team Concept.jpg (5000x2000, 762K)

This is why 343 will never amount to fucking anything. This attitude that they can't appease Halo fans by just making what they fucking pay you for.

it didn't describe shit you dumb anime poster.

You're right.
After the failed abortions Halo 4 and 5 were along with their horrible side media, barely anyone's excited about 343's bs.

>Halo 3 steam stats: 60,000 current players
>Halo Infinite steam stats: 2000 current players
>Halo 5 steam stats: 500 current players
>"wtf what are we doing wrong???"

Attached: 1532157399814.png (976x1053, 1.06M)

>Can't shoot while moving
>In a fucking Arena shooter
Describes the issue perfectly.

Tacking on mechanics on top of each other like toppings for a fucking sandwich doesn't necessarily make said sandwich better. More does not necessarily equal better and mechanics do not necessarily equal depth.

Halo IS anime, you noob

People may not like the changes sequels make to games. Shocking, I know.

>Literally describes how the depth is being subtracted
Where and how? Before you answer consider another games mechanics, in Monster Hunter drinking a potion stops you from moving. Wouldn't allowing movement while drinking a potion make the game more shallow?

We can argue about whether or not this depth is good or bad for the game but it is depth.

Haruhi is Yea Forums culture.

Do people actually like sprint? No good arena FPS has sprint. Why the fuck do they NEED to put it in the game? Nobody is going to drop the game if they take it out.

>mechanics do not necessarily equal depth.
They do when they have pros and cons.

Attached: 1539634228297.jpg (489x370, 37K)

You should have stopped when Bungie added it in Reach, it doesn't matter who made Halo, sprint was always going to be added, you either accept it or just play Halo 1-3 for the rest of your life. I don't even know where the "Halo Infinite won't have sprint" mindset even came from.

>Arena shooter
Halo's not an arena shooter you retard. It's closer to Call of Duty than Quake.

Attached: BUKqWtE.png (625x626, 26K)

>halo 1-3, the best halos in the series, never had sprint
>343 gaylords add sprint
>wtf guys why do u hate sprint literally every other game has sprint just fucking accept sprint already wtf
Can we just kill 343 once and for all? They don't understand Halo and Infinite will be a piece of shit. Hopefully it bombs enough to kill both Xbox and Halo.

When people say a game has 'depth', they are invariably implying the depth is a benefit to the game. You're arguing semantics at this point. Nobody talks about 'bad depth.'

Someone have an actual source?

This is your brain on 343.

You're the one arguing semantics you dumb faggot.

>depth is being subtracted
what is being subtracted retard? except your iq.

Oh, so you somehow think that if Halo decided to drop everything and go back to Halo CE-3 it would automatically become popular again?

Sprint supporters have no real argument as to why the mechanic should be in Halo. At best, they'll paint it as a non-issue, never something that actually improves the quality of the games.

the introduction of sprint usually causes an overall drop in speed. CoD4 character movement is notably slower than CoD2.

>The more movement options, the better! I just enjoy a fluid gameplay experience. Who cares about balance, anyway? It's all. About. FUN. Geez you boomers need to get with the times.

Attached: zoom.png (434x327, 32K)

I think your brain got fried years ago, I don't know where this "Halo will be the number 1 most played game again" shit came from but you need to face facts that never happening. New people that play Halo expect sprint, don't know how many people bitch about it not being in Halo 1-3 in MCC when it actully had players.

THERE IS NO SOURCE LADS DONT BELIEVE THIS TROLL OP

It would be good again. I don't give a fuck if it's popular or not.

this right here is whats wrong with halo faggots and what halo turned into. there shouldn't be overt differences between the spartans. they are engineered humans at peak physical performance. we don't need to exemplify how unique and different in ability each of them are. they are all the best, and they are all at peak performance. ten foot tin men.

not this inclusive diversity team overwatch all stars bullshit.

Attached: 145536.jpg (443x629, 137K)

fucking dropped

disgusting

I fucking hate competitivefags they always ruined Halo.

>tfw not an autist and enjoyed the shit out of 3 and reach

Attached: B36B98B0-0A2E-45DB-A85C-1C5BBB977919.jpg (795x643, 382K)

>its hard to understand what our fans want
wonder why no one likes 343 games

I'm sure more people will play the game if they remove sprint. Adding sprint only removes players from your game. There are no sprint lovers.

cant you just have speed in the regular gunplay movement?

I still don't understand why sprint makes Halo bad.

No, it would just be good to you competitivefags. I hate your guts, you bitched about Halo 2 making changes, you bitch about Halo 3 making changes and you never fucking stopped.

BASED, fuck power ranger Spartans and FUCK sprint.

Attached: halo_-spartan-assault-hd-wallpapers-33216-1076928.jpg (1920x1080, 524K)

Compfags ruin every single game they touch.

No, they won't, people are more invested into Fortnite and COD, when COD beat Halo in 2008, it was over.

Compfags understand that BR starts are better than AR starts and made them change Halo 3 for the better so they are alright in my book

Yeah everything is perfect and nothing should ever be criticized.

sprint would ruin cs

Trying to appeal to the lowest common denominator, you, is what killed Halo 4 and Halo 5. Look at how well they are doing now. See what happens when you try to chase modern trends?

I'm amazed it's not going to support Virgin

They really do.

Sprint will never work with Halo gameplay, the most popular shooters don't even have fucking sprint. What is with 343's obsession with "evolving" Halo?

Nobody cares about Call of Duty and people only play Fortnite because of memes and Battle Royale.

halo would be fine with sprint. im a huge fucking critic of new halo direction but the core gameplay really would be fine with an extra movement ability. you just shouldn't be able to cancel the animation and the time penalty of lowering your reticule should be something you take into account

slides? no. double jumps? double no. grappling hooks? wall climbs? get the fuck outta here

Paradoxically makes the game play slower because despite it making you move faster, the maps are enlarged so proportionally you aren't moving fast anyways, even slower when not sprinting, and it also lowers your guns so you can't move and shoot at the same time like you could previously.

These pictures are from the same game series.

Attached: battle-rifle-comparison.jpg (1920x2160, 587K)

This

Ironically, though, the "enhanced" movement options are all just for show
>Clamber lowers your weapon, locks you in animation and forces the movement on you
>Sprint locks you in a near straight line while also lowering your weapon
>Ground pound locks you in the air, unable to shoot or move until you release
>Aiming while jumping locks you in the air as well, reducing movement options
As another user stated, perhaps only thrusters and shoulder charge are ok additions, as the former doesn't really hinder movement or shooting and the latter is basically an extension of the melee lunge.

Attached: cort2.jpg (500x384, 65K)

I like HL2's sprint because you could still fire while moving

>

Attached: 9465A2CA-0296-46D9-ADE3-08A1F05AAB27.png (500x667, 707K)

Yes that's sprint done right.

No, not at all. If the new mechanics invalidate other choices elsewhere it removes depth. Like fucking sprinting. Rather than needing to consider moving around while in the middle of combat, you no longer have any real need to. You sprint whenever you need to move, you don't whenever you need to shoot. In games like the old Halos moving around the environment mid-combat was far more dynamic and deeper than anything in the garbage modern Halo game.

What killed Halo 4 was a COD mp with missing features. What killed Halo 5 was a 3 level Master Chief campaign with no split screen, and no features at launch. Infinite will have all these things at launch you loud mouths will be blimp on the screen when you finally leave.

>no one cares about COD
>people keep buying the games and now won't shut up about the MW reboot
Yeah, people really don't care about COD.

fuck up, dumb kid.

Don't like literally? Don't literally. It's literally that literally.

Some times I forget that some older FPS games like Doom and Half life have sprint buttons

Then you can just play the original. Shocking I know.

Complexity =/= Depth

Slide, Clamber, Ground Pound, Stabilizer, Thruster, etc. all offer jack shit for depth by themselves, and together they introduce constant breaks in pacing. When you use them you aren't shooting, or aren't moving, and that is the meat of the experience. It directly hinders aspects of the game that are important to incorporate more depth.

That is not depth. Web-swinging in Spider-Man 2 is a deep mechanic, powersliding and jumping in Crash Team Racing are deep mechanics. These can be used a thousand different ways and constantly open up new ways to play the game, with SINGLE standout abilities, there are thousands of ways to make the game do what it does, better. That's depth.

Attached: NFSewerSpeedway.webm (1280x720, 2.07M)

>as legit every other FPS I've ever played abeit a few
Imagine being this fucking braindead. Either it's "every other FPS" or not.

You dismissed any step in the wrong direction with "I enjoyed it", it's not a strawman. You might enjoy it but of you really cared about the series you would be disappointed to see any flaw.

They all have mental illness so it will probably be sooner, they're as bad as 2D Metroid fans

This. For Halo to have sprint properly implemented, they ONLY have 3 options:

1. be able to shoot while sprinting

2. have sprint last for a few seconds

3. have sprint last for a few seconds and still be able to shoot during the sprint

That's it. Those are there only options to make it work. But nope, Halo HAS to copy from CoD.

COD is the equivalent of FIFA. Only dumb poor Mexicans buy that shit. The games are forgotten after a day of release.

they turned halo into an anime and halo was basically the furthest thing from an anime. it really is a shame

you want to change halo? melee with a one handed weapon should make you do a little lunge. so you can move a little quicker, but not too quick, and so melee feels weightier. so you sling fists like mad if you have a pistol or a melee weapon. that's what halo should be all about

The killtimes are too long and Spartans are too large. Makes cover gameplay unbearable.

Reach was trash and killed the series for me

sprint being a flaw is entirely subjective

Most old school shooters did and they did not hinder the gunplay.

For a second I thought this was about adding sprint to the MCC on pc and was reasonably upset, but then actually read the OP and now I can only think how difficult and tough the childhood of some of the people on this thread to actually turn up so fucking entitled and autistic.
I know I'm kinda retarded myself but jesus christ it's not that big of a deal.

Attached: 1456776723913.jpg (480x300, 41K)

>most popular shooters don't have sprint. ie cs and overwatch
>Sprint is required in gaming for some reason
??????????????????????????
I don't get how we can still have this argument still
Sprint has always been overrated and not needed in a game
If you need to players to move faster
make the maps smaller or just up there speed period

You could still shoot.

And if you couldn't, it didn't take 3 seconds to kill your opponent. Halo's killtimes are too long to properly implement Sprint.

you should be able to move a lot quicker than the call of duty sprint, but it should be a commitment. you can't air steer in halo and its a big part of the movement system and that's why sprinting feels unfitting in halo, because you can stop sprinting and it doesn't feel like you had to put yourself at risk to gain a movement advantage

>halo was basically the furthest thing from an anime
youtube.com/watch?v=cv3GHebJ1iU

Halo was created by a bunch of weebs, though.

Attached: shi-kai-wang01.jpg (800x1209, 95K)

>Halo wasn't anime
>Bungie took inspiration from 80s anime for Halo
Halo's always been anime.

343 and their drones still think Call of Duty is their arch nemesis.

Attached: Starship_Troopers.jpg (500x708, 130K)

I think you have that backwards. To me Halo used to be very anime and then turned into generic sci-fi

I don't even give a fuck about COD but even I knew that Halo needed to modernize to stay relevant.

>Yea Forums wants a halo game with no fun allowed

Damn, you guys really are averse to changes in gameplay. I played Halo 3 not one month ago and I thought it was the slowest game of all fucking time, it was a hassle to play.

Can't wait for pc players to finish the fight only to discover that Halo 3's core gameplay aged like milk.

Yeah that really worked for them

Halo is still anime though.

Attached: 1200px-HW2_Blitz_Colossus.jpg (1200x863, 174K)

I always thought Halo was ass after suffering through 3's campaign at launch but then I played 2 and it was actually good

Nobody is saying they don't want gameplay changes. The problem is 343's 'additions' are shit and they don't fix the underlying problems showing Halo's age.

>describing my H4 melee noob strategy
I didn't even fire my weapon on some maps. I sprinted and meleed like a mad man. I was getting 32 kills on team slayer and carrying my team.

For these reasons, I understand the contempt for sprint since it eliminates the need to fully develop skillful shooting.

Halo's decline was going to happen anyway I remember people bitching about why Halo didn't modernize back in the Halo 3 days.

Sprinting is for impatient bitches who can't run and gun.

>If the new mechanics invalidate other choices elsewhere it removes depth.
That's an incredibly arbitrary definition.
A mechanic showing some restraint does not mean it does not add depth.

CSGO and Overwatch didn't need to "modernize"

I don't remember but could you stop your character from doing the assassination animation? i thought that was the dumbest thing they added at the time

and it's fucking dead on arrival
the cucks over at 343 are talentless libtard cucks

But they did.

JUST MAKE MOVEMENT SPEED HIGHER YOU RETARDS FUUUUUUUCK

Attached: 640.png (288x415, 178K)

But why tho?
one of the most popular shooter csgo has been basically been the same for 2 decades now

>A mechanic showing some restraint does not mean it does not add depth.
>Delaying shield recharge
>Disabling your weapon

That's not restraint. That's outright punishment. There's no reason to be taking away the ability to shoot when everyone has fucking shields. None.

There is none. It adds neither balance nor 'fun'.

It doesn’t really work with Halo’s more arena-shooter inspired amp design and strong meta of killing people with precision weapons that drop shields in x hits and always kill with a headshot after. Just dashing away really hurts that balance.

Ar starts are better

You can just use the br all the time without needed to upgrade, which is stupid

Not at all. Meaningful choices = depth. If a mechanic gives you more meaningful choices it increases depth, if it gives you less meaningful choices it removes depth.

You'd be kidding yourself if you said a game with a "mechanic" that let you effortlessly skipped every fight in the game added depth, for example.

>have to hold a button forever while playing
I fucking hate it honestly. KF2 didn't need this shit. Doens't even have stamina.

>toggle sprint
Eh it's fine but it confuses me if I can't hold sprint and have to keep pressing it, especially in mordhau where the 1st person sprint animation isn't that noticeable.

Yeah just don't hold melee down.

H2 multi was peak Halo even with buggy ass gameplay. I completely lost interest after messing with the H3 beta on fucking snowbound. Piece of shit map

why are we still discussing sprint when we should be discussing playable elites and brutes
sprints fucking gay and everyone knows it

Okay so now I know you're just a shitposter.

THERE IS STILL NO SOURCE TO OPS BASELESS CLAIMS

Because 343 can't get past fucking Sprint themselves. We'll never see REAL improvements to Halo's sandbox.

>I remember people bitching about why Halo didn't modernize back in the Halo 3 days
It was still a huge success. Criticism came from kiddies who wanted a "mature", grey and brown tacticool shooter with ADS and who were in on the hype because of the bandwagon.

What qualifies as a good gameplay change to you? Yea Forums wants everything to be the same always and forever which stymies creativity and hampers a developer's ability to make a fresh, compelling experience for their players. Honestly, Yea Forums doesn't want anything that isn't boomer-tier reskins of games they've already played. It's impossible to negotiate with these people.

Sprint is only ok as a powerup of some sort to collect and give advantage to one single player.

It's not good when every single player has access to sprint.

>Yea Forums wants a halo game with no fun allowed
Sprint locks you into an animation. It's anti-fun.

Meanwhile we still don't have 343 is anti-fun.

I ctrl+f'd through this thread to make sure SOMEbody made this point.
>Change is hard for many. For others, such as myself, not so much.
>Mainly because the change we're implementing is only a change for others, and not for me.

FUCK OFF WITH SPRINT

FUCK OFF WITH "PLAYER ABILITIES" AND SHIT

ADD MORE SANDBOX, ADD MORE ITEM MECHANICS, ADD MORE WEAPONS, ADD MORE VEHICLES

THAT'S FUCKING IT. FUCK OFF. WHY DO I HAVE TO PUT MY GUN DOWN TO RUN FASTER? IT'S A FUCKING USELESS MECHANIC. HALO DOESN'T NEED IT.

Attached: old halo vs new halo.png (607x683, 562K)

no pressing a button to use the power and force lower weapons is bad
But a haste powerup is fine
and don't say it shouldn't lower weapon because at that point it just looks weird and your better off just making it haste regardless instead of needing to force hold a button

I couldn't believe how slow 3 was when I went back to it after not playing any Halo for years. It killed my hype desu

Did any of you fags seriously think it wasn't going to be in? Please smack yourselves to remind yourselves what year you are living in.

Halo Online already happened, and PC players loved it.

>we CE guys have to always deal with you 3babies whining.
>we
speak for yourself nigger

Attached: 1551587729586.gif (299x287, 852K)

based the sandbox has been basically the same since 3
remember the first time you ripped a turret off
The hype?
Your never getting that again
Instead you get some stupid fucking abilty that takes away from melee, grenade, shooting the triangle of halo core gameplay

Oh, the game which autistic slavs play Dust 2 24/7 with their toasterboxes? CS is popular because it's stupidly easy to acquire, run, and requires knowledge of only one map.

>That's outright punishment.
Only if you use it incorrectly. Sprinting in Soulsborne games does the same and I've never heard anyone complain about that.
The things it adds don't have to meaningful. Swimming in GTA certainly isn't very meaningful but it adds depth.

Play on competitive settings that up the speed, wait for MCC PC and the FoV slider, or play H2.

>halo online
>5 servers
3 of them are goofy shit I don't care about
the other 2 have gay shit like assassination or sprint that slows things down
its not fair bros

>Swimming in GTA certainly isn't very meaningful but it adds depth.
Why?

>skins and lootboxes out the wazoo
>not modernized

Attached: 1525940491826.jpg (288x224, 6K)

I don’t hate change, but the issue is that these changes actively detract from the core gameplay of Halo, which is based on positioning, map control, and movement. If you get caught out and team shot, well rip you fucked up. Can’t armor lock or stealth out of that one. Controlling key positions and power ups is very important. Shit like jet packs and sprint make this less relevant because you can just jet up to the strongpoint or sprint in and beat people down before they can react. You strafed in a predictable pattern or did a bad jump that commutes you to a bad position? You’re gonna get punished for it.

So?
that's not relevant to the conversation
The point is it doesn't need to "innovate" so why does halo?

Kind of
whats the point of a reboot if your not going to remove the stupid shit your rebooting from in the first place?

because it allows you to navigate the game space more creatively and so you don't flounder around like a retard. What else are you supposed to do in water, just sink?

That has nothing to do with the gameplay, you shitposting faggot.

Base player movement in 3 is much faster than the halo games after. The difference is that everyone moves at the same speed and it’s a lot harder to get out of a bad spot.

Because it adds more choices in how you can traverse the game.

>What qualifies as a good gameplay change to you?
Halo is a shooter. So preferably something that makes 'shooting' more nuanced or more fresh.
Very broad, I know. That's why I'm not a developer.

Spartan Abilities stop you from shooting by and large, so it's not conducive to the 'shooting' aspect of the game.

Kinda presents an issue at square one don't ya think.

>Sprinting in Soulsborne games does the same and I've never heard anyone complain about that.
You can swing your weapon while Sprinting.
You can block while Sprinting
You can even fucking roll, while Sprinting, if done properly.

You can do pretty much everything you can't with Halo's Sprint.

>There are people that actually trusted 343i again after all the shit they've pulled

Attached: 1523575423841.jpg (583x438, 38K)

Nu-Doom surprised everyone by not having sprint. I was hoping 343 would get the message.

Exactly, it gives you more choices rather than less. Water can be the most direct or otherwise convenient option but it's one with downsides, i.e. being a slow fuck. Hence, depth.

They're gonna fuck it up again

They're gonna FUCK UP FOR A THIRD TIME

IN

A

ROW

HOW DOES THIS HAAAPPPEEEENNN

Attached: 1505075916112.png (280x291, 88K)

The Halo formula was perfect, sprint fucks up the multiplayer, the whole balance between vehicles weapons and movement speed. and Master Chief isn't supposed to sprint, sprinting is for pussys. He's supposed to be an unstoppable tank who doesn't run to or from anything, he takes his time. Halo was a slow methodical FPS that was based on well placed grenades and crosshairs and teamwork, not spray and pray bullshit for zoomers with 0 attention span

>Sprinting in Soulsborne games does the same and I've never heard anyone complain about that.
Soulsborne games are very different games to Halo. Punishing enemies which take advantage of people doing reckless things like that have always been one of the core aspects of the series.

How sprint should be: 1-2 on the map as a pickup

It is also very fast pace and doesn't have vehicles. Halo is also about vehicles and the classic games were much slower than Doom.

Better - the power up just makes you move faster so you don’t have to stop shooting.

>You can swing your weapon while Sprinting.
You can't.
>You can block while Sprinting
You have a shield in Halo too and it doesn't go away when you sprint.
>You can even fucking roll, while Sprinting, if done properly.
No you can't.
We're arguing about whether or not it's meaningful not whether or not it gives you more or less choices in gameplay.

Attached: NuHalo343.png (1434x1000, 2.32M)

They did and Overwatch is a shit franchise. In Halo you can still teabag someone in 2019, do that in Overwatch, you get accused of rape and banned.

That doesn't sound very deep. Just convenient.

The question you should be asking is if it offers you the same enjoyment you get while on land, and if you get the same enjoyment from encounters.

But GTA is a sandbox game, fluff mechanics are good in that genre.

zoomers fuck off

Just because a game falls under the "shooter" category doesn't mean literally everything about it has to pertain to shooting. Do you think a sport like basketball is only about players going to the three point line and taking turns lobbing the ball towards the hoop? You can freshen up a game by changing things that aren't directly related to shooting. Perhaps you'd be right if we were talking about a bullet hell game, but this is something different.

>You can't swing your weapon while sprinting in Dark Souls

Are you fucking retarded?

Attached: nuhalo.jpg (2678x1498, 1.07M)

twitter.com/343Postums/status/1134481438152114176

You can swing your weapon while sprinting.

>Just because a game falls under the "shooter" category doesn't mean literally everything about it has to pertain to shooting.
It means your """new""" mechanics shouldn't make shooting more situational or more tedious.

>Add sprint
>Make all the maps bigger to accommodate it
So why add it in the first place? Is it for ADD zoomers so they think they're going fast?

Attached: 1559086396061.webm (1280x720, 2.44M)

Postums is a fucking retard, hes not even a game designer. I'm sure any of the dozens of professional players they've hired and IGNORED would have been glad to tell him why sprint sucks massive dick.

I can't wait until Infinite flops and 343 gets shut down.

Attached: 1505271779129.jpg (1171x1200, 114K)

based sprint fags killed halo
Its not needed and just adds an extra button that needs to be pressed, and kills the pace of the game

Yes. It serves no other purpose other than to look cool. Same with clamber so Zoomers can think they're doing cool parkour stunts.

this but unironically
its just an illusion to shut up the extreme minority best part is they finally get their sprint. get bored than launch overwatch
a game that doesn't have sprint either

Attached: Halofov.webm (1280x720, 2.85M)

game name?

Here's your shotgun, bro

Attached: shotgun-comparison.jpg (1920x2160, 364K)

Halo 3
Halo: Advanced Warfare

Tom French here. I am in charge of Halo 5: Guardian's multiplayer and Halo: Infinite's multiplayer. REQs will come at some point. The forge and custom games, have never been better. The sheer amount of things you can come up with is endless and offers hours upon hours of content.

H5 brings back even starts, as well as map pickups, AND restores the golden triangle by not having an additional damage/sandbox element like equipment or armor abilities. And while it adds new base player abilities, 2 had already done that, so none of that should be "inherently un-halo", especially since most of 5's new abilities actually enhance the "emphasis on platforming" part. If anything, Halo 5 is more classic Halo then Halo 3 is. Most of Halo 3's sandbox has no purpose.

Halo 5 is for the competitive crowd. Esports is the best thing Halo has going for it right now

If you Bungie cock suckers want to play Halo 3 then go play the old game. Halo 2 was broken jank that was balanced like shit. That's why we are keeping MCC alive to keep hipster fans like you in there. We gave you Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer, a new classic game, and you didn't want it.

The combat needs to evolve. Tom "go play Halo Custom Edition if you want classic halo" French is in charge now.

Attached: 1558999832850.jpg (600x364, 68K)

you faggots can say whatever you want about reach but it still has the best weapon designs

Attached: th.jpg (474x191, 9K)

You can swing your weapon while sprinting in MGR, you can end your sprint with a weapon swing in Soulsborne games.

why are 2007ish era games so comfy graphically
Yea Forums

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 128K)

343 love to overdesign. It's absurd. They really need someone to slap the artists.

CSGO was popular because it was made for retards who couldn't play old FPS.

The Falcon is the most aesthetic air vehicle in the series.

Actually thought of a sprint compromise. Instead of it being a "put down your gun and run" move, why not use a momentum-building system so as you move forward, you quickly pick up speed until you hit your max and can fire while at that pace, albeit inaccurately. This way players can go quick in a linear fashion but don't entirely give up their ability to shoot.

THIS DOESNT EVEN CONFIRM SPRINT IN 3

but cs is more challenging then old arena shooters?
go to any server and its just rocket spam 99% and running between heavy and mega

it was still in between realism and style so it aged perfectly.

An era where graphics weren't that advanced as today so there was a mix of stylization and modern graphics combined
At least that's what I think

That's called strafe jumping.

If Spartan Abilities are in Infinite, you're not getting playable Elites or Brutes.

COD was starting to overtake Halo.

they look bad and run worse

Shut your nostalgiafag ass up.

No its not you tard, thats just a fancy way of normal jumping to exploit player momentum physics. It needs to be a genuine mechanic and not some "le epic tricky skillllzzz xD" workaround.

Reading the Twitter tells me it's time for nostalgia fans to move on.

Strafe jumping is an actual mechanic in Quake champions.

What's wrong with the Halo 4 designs?

You're not Tom but I agree with you and him.

based tom

>can't have a 2D Metroid tread without speedrunner fags ruining the threads
>can't have a Halo thread without competitive fags ruining the threads
I hate this place.

Hi tom

The Falcon looked too damn primitive for Halo.

>can't have a halo thread without that autistic metroid faggot
ftfy

>may 2019
Weve been having trouble with sprint in Halo since 2010 you dumb mother fucker! When is this ''change'' going to stop? Who says change is better by default? Why do we need to have X just because other shooters have them? God fucking damn.

Attached: 1441988579535.jpg (400x462, 26K)

Stay mad

Halo isn't quake champions. The last thing I want to see in halo is people bounding around at warp speed unable to hit the broad side of a barn. At that point you might as well just play Quake instead.

never played halo 2 I'm laffing so hard

reach wasn't the worst but sprint and armor abilities were unnesasary

so many shitters would eat shots and then just be able to sprint away, when they would be dead in previous games, armor lock was the worst for this but all armor abilities were for shitters who couldn't mage their gunfights and lost the first few attempt so the armor abilities allowed them to stall until their team could save thrm, it wasn't skill based in any way

bloom just put an artificial cap on how fast you could kill someone, which was completely unnesasary in halo

the graphics and design was good though

I already have, I'm just sticking around to see how badly they fuck up.

They don't deserve to thrive in this industry and completely ignore what made Halo special to so many people. The fluidity.

Enjoy your imminent unemployment

>sit in movie theater
>everyone else is standing and blocking the screen
>”if you don’t like it, just stay seated”

Sounds like you need to git gud.

This
Sprint means the game is fucking slow console garbage
Sprint speed should be the default and only speed

Delete this!

>never played halo 2 I'm laffing so hard

How in gods fucking name could you think Halo 2's MP is better then 5's

5 has

>Even starts, no loadout/perk shit
>Pickups, no ordiiance
>Has some of the tightest controls, aiming in the series
>Has some of the best weapon balance with almost every gun actually being effective
>God tier forge

Halo 2 is broken shit.

manage their gunfights

no

Halo 2 has
>proper fluidity of movement and shooting
>higher, more responsive jumping
>tighter controls
>better maps

>>all the old legendary FPS games had no sprint
To be fair most of the good ones had a run speed higher than an asthmatic toddler.
Halo could do with being faster.

it was more skill based and didn't allow shitters to stall when they lost a gunfight and were out of position

>no outrage over sprint in games like cod, battlefield, destiny, titanfall, etc
>the halo community has been in a 10 year shitstorm over sprint

"It's fine when other games do it, but not this one because 'muh pure experience'"

Halo CE is the only skilled based Halo game.

Halo 2 is casual shit.

>"[feature] is completely optional! Just dont use it if you dont like it."
>Final game is designed around [feature] to some degree and forces you to use it at least once if you want to progress

>Has some of the tightest controls, aiming in the series
>Heavy aim

Ahahaha, if you're actually serious, you have brain damage.

Nigger, your enemies can't always be wrong.

Eventually you have to admit you're bullshitting them.

no but ok, I guess not everyone can have high iq

This is why I hate you guys. If you want sprint add it as a power up. Earn your sprint you entitled twats. Do you just want to always have Overshield and Active Camo too? O that's right you do because you all are Zoomer fags who are used to getting shit handed to you. Mom brings your pizzarolls and socks you off and tells you that your special. EARN YOUR SPRINT YOU ZOOMER LIBTARDS. I HATE YOU.

the reason is the high ttk in halo combined with the nessecity of headshots, the don't work well together in this type of shooter, allowing shitters to escape when they have been beaten, and allowing shitty cheese tactics with melee

when halo in the past was about hitting your shots, sorry casual

it's great for retards who can't aim and position themselves properly

I bet you cry when people duck behind a corner and prevent you from getting your precious deserved kill. Honestly, who thinks the earlier Halo games had more combat depth than 5's multiplayer?

>in classic Halo, your only options for getting out of a gunfight were to win said gunfight, die, or attempt to use your extremely basic movement to juke
>in modern halo, you can perform a quick dodge behind a corner, slide into cover, or utilize far more refined essential movement to contest the fight or reposition

Gee, I wonder which sounds deeper.

Halo Infinite will be the best 343 Halo game though.

I don't work for 343 though.

Also bring back deployables you fucks. Bubbling a nigga when he is trying to sticky you was kino.

I could be confusing 4 with 5, but I guess some weapons look too angular. Also the covenant redesigns and new armor looked kind of bad.

Why is Halo 2 considered the best game in the series?

Halo 4 and 5 are faster than Halo CE-3 without spring though.

in old halo you had no options to bitch out when you lost

in new halo you can lose all day and still be rewarded because your other retarded teammates who can't aim will catch up with you so you brute force retard strength one lane

which one rewards skilled individual play, it's pretty obvious, it's old halo

Are you black?

Hes certainly talking to a nigger

are you a tard

Nigga what does that have to do with anything

>want to talk about Halo and Metroid, nostalgia babies won't let me
I want off this ride.

Semantics are good

Why do Halo 3 babies hate sprint?

What you just told me is that old halo is devoid of strategic counterplay and doesn't let a player attempt to neutralize a firefight advantage through skilled gameplay. Counterplay makes a game deep. What's the fucking point if every firefight is destined to result in the favor of the guy who shoots first?

>hurr I said nigger I'm so cool

wrong
2004-2009 is top tier game aesthetics

Attached: modern-warfare-2-wallpaper-5-1920x1200.jpg (1920x1200, 1019K)

Go back.

Attached: Xcom Reddit.png (885x128, 40K)

They're the Super Metroid fags of the Halo community. There's a reason Nintendo and Microsoft ignore them.

Just create a non-sprint lobby.

user..... are you retarded? You do know that items and power ups existed right? And vehicals? If you think halo is about 2 guys and a BR only you are what's wrong with fans these days. What made halo special was the scope and all the shinanagains. Casuals loved BTB and Action Sack. You could do all kinds of dumb fun shit and still have fun in a loss.

You fags got all high and mighty and left the casual fun for a more "Serious COD like competitive shooter". When what made the game what it was all along was the casualness.

>LETS DO WHAT EVERYONE ELSE DUS FUCK INNOVATION
DOOM doesn't have it you fucking retarded fuck. Just make standard walking faster.

>Fucking child proves he never played classic Halo
Not every map was a boring set of corridors and cubes like in 5, you know?

I've played Halo CE-5 and when you play Halo 5, you just can't go back.

the strategic counterpart is in your timing, positioning, and ability to hit shots

sprint doesn't enable tactical counterplay in the current map design, it's primarily used to bitch out of gunfights you lost

the current map design needs to be expanded to make it useful as a tactical option, it works fine on big team battle maps for the most part

Does Halo 5 still have vehicle health like Reach and 4? Because if so, it's automatically worse than 3.

Was Sprint at least unlimited in games after Reach?
Because seeing Spartans completely tired out after a few seconds felt pretty off.
Thought the idea was they were already going at a relatively fast steady rate and thus didn't need to sprint.

I couldn't tell you, because Warzone is terrible and BTB is forge only maps, so the only vehicle playlists are fucking garbage. Just like the rest of the game.

Why do you think only Halo 3 babies hate Sprint?

Yes

DELET THIS

Attached: Spartan_4.png (237x276, 74K)

In 5, yes. In 4 it was possible with some gay (((perk))) but 5 was the first to include it as a core mechanic. The fact that it stops shield recharge is something a lot of nostalgiafags don't consider; sprinting doesn't automatically equate to "get out of jail free". You have to be genuinely thoughtful as to when you activate your sprint in a fight.

>good halo games didn't have sprint
>okay halo game had a limited sprint abilty
>bad halo games just had sprint

so why are we having a discussion about this again?

If Halo Infinite played like permanent Speed Booster mod in Warzone I probably wouldn't even mind it being in the game.

youtube.com/watch?v=cLWEGNyFcvE

Attached: Laskek.png (331x345, 170K)

the problem with sprint is the high ttk combined with the map design, currently sprint is a tool to bitch out of gunfights, it doesn't provide any additional positioning advantage as the maps are largely cooridors, the only way sprint will work in halo is in big team battle maps, where you can't use it to bitch out on open terrain, and where it suits the high ttk, and where sprinting and moving fast is actually valuable, on a map where you need to cover a lot of distance

I hope I helped most of you retarded fags understand game design

This. Fuck Reach for implementing that trash.

Because 343 are retarded, and it doesn't matter how many times they fail until everyone gets fucking fired.

When will Bungie Halo nostalgia kids grow up?

>Pros
>can move quick
>Cons
>Rarely given a disadvantage for sprinting for too long
>Sprint to ADS is practically nonexistent in shooters
>Never a reason to not sprint
>Movement sensors rarely impact a player's ability to negate a sprinting player
Sprinting in vidya was a fucking mistake.

Attached: ANGER.jpg (720x706, 33K)

Gotta be 18 to post here

Fucking why. It ruined big team. And then Halo 4 just went full retard letting people spawn with plasma grenades to further ruin big team. Honestly I think vehicle health is a bigger deal breaker than sprint is for me. Big team was my favorite mode back in Halo 3. Why can't they just let vehicles be fun again.

I can’t wait till 343 gets shutdown. All they have to do is listen to the fans and mix in a few new things that will spice up the game. But no. Go against everything everyone wants and be retarded while saying shit like “ we’re listening to the fans.” Bullshit. 1-3 were the classics. They tried with 4, which is respect. 5 was complete trash and the only Halo I never finished besides Wars. It’s like they’re trying to ruin the series. Fucking retards.

>I want the same game again and again

I'd rather have a fresh, refined experience when playing a sequel, and not a clone.

What if instead of having a sprint button, you just made the spring speed the default speed?

Attached: 2018_03_08_41880_1520479714._large[1].jpg (1000x667, 131K)

Ironic considering 343 Halo copies whatever is popular at the time and feels like bland garbage as a result.

when will you come up with a valid argument

I get it you've never played a skill based shooter in your life, you'll have to get gud sometime, maybe you weren't born with the iq and reaction time to succeed in these types of games

I agree I still love BTB but fuck Reach for adding that shit.

>I want the same game again and again
Why do you have to strawman

Is it really that hard to just disagree with someone on the basis of what they actually said

>I can’t wait till 343 gets shutdown
You're gonna be waiting a long ass time then, probably never.

This

Never asked for a clone. I want a good halo game. Which 343 has yet to accomplish and many others agree.

enchanced mobility is bullshit

I just won’t buy it then, it’s all good.

am i supposed to be upset?
I just dont want it to ruin map lay out.

it's not about sprint
it's the fact that they slowed you down and just made sprint the default speed

I came to this thread for discussion on big female sangheli girls, i am thoroughly disappointed

But they made default speed faster in Halo 4 and 5, Bungie is the only one that slowed default speed down in both ODST and Reach.

>I'd rather have a fresh, refined experience when playing a sequel, and not a clone.
He literally said all FPS games have sprint now you stupid fuck. 343 Halo doesn't have any sort of faggot ass originality.

Sprinting makes vehicles less useful. No one wanted sprinting when it was first introduced to Halo, because no one saw a need for it.

When I played Doom 2016 fairly recently it felt so good to be able to move fast and shoot at the same time.

lets add sprint into csgo

let's all just pirate it for its singleplayer and stick to MCC for multiplayer

/vg/'s Halo General furries and /r/halo redditors really wants us to suck off 343 even though they've literally done nothing good besides maybe patch a game they never even made

Sprint is unoriginal because cod fortnite and bf already have it.

No sprint is unoriginal because overwatch, CS GO, quake (champs), and D44M already have it.

How the fuck do you be original here?

>Make all the maps bigger to accommodate it
>all
Okay let's see, we got Truth and uhhh....yeah, what else?

>Shi Kai Wang
that's not a weeb that's an actual flied lice

Idrc. Get rid of thrust, Spartan charge, and ground pound. Add in duel wielding again. I'd be happy.

I'll take thrusters over sprint

why is sprinting bad ?
t. someone who has never owned an xbox in his life

If you weren't a shill you'd use your supposed awareness to not use Yea Forums at all.

>hey guys what do the Forerunners need
>dogbots
>and dumb fucking megatron faces on everything
>and floating shit, and blinding blue lights, and everything having chrome surfaces

How does one drop the ball this fucking hard

also fuck sprint

Attached: 1543585601322.jpg (399x464, 46K)

Attached: h5-guardians-fp-campaign-battle-of-sunaion-gatekeeper-64d3f9a049654c869e61acb05d949ccb.jpg (1920x1080, 299K)

>There's a reason Nintendo and Microsoft ignore them

Because as we know, both of these franchises have not been floundering in the gutter for the last 10 years, this strategy is working very well.

>Can't even get the name of the map right

Could it be any clearer that sprintfags don't actually like halo?

>I'd rather have a fresh, refined experience
>CoD with a Halo skin

Who tf think it's good idea to leave a masterpiece to piece of shit 343...!!!

Fuck man i didn't even have to try, you just exposed yourself as someone who never played 5. Why are you complaining about stuff you know nothing about and never even touched?
halopedia.org/Truth_(level)

ZOOM ZOOM!

We're the future old man! Your generation is old and moldy! We're fresh and shiny, and we get all the game mechanics we want!

ZOOMER OUT! ZOOOOOM!

I think you have ever played COD my friend.

That's not how you use albeit

Don't add sprint since everyone else is fucking doing it? Sounds like a breath of fucking fresh air to me

The map is called midship by anyone who has been playing Halo long enough to know what a Halo game should be. And no, I didn't play Halo 5, nor do I intend to buy any mainline game after having played 4.

That wouldn't solve the issue. The issue isn't one of movement speed it's just that a lot of modern FPS players just don't like not having a sprint button. They want to be able to press a button to enter a mode where they move faster

The multiplayer was the worst part. Eat shit.

Midship isn't even in the comparison webm buddy, if all maps were exactly the same about all versions we wouldn't even be arguing about this.

>And no, I didn't play Halo 5
Thanks for your honesty and confirming your ignorance.

I would be ashamed to admit I played 5, frankly, so I admire your honesty just as much.

I swear to god there are some games where sprinting makes you move slower than the normal running speed. Sprint is so fucking retarded fuck it so much.

It makes boomers mad.

Why? Because someone told you? Some random user, maybe IGN perhaps? Thanks for letting me know more about you Mr. Sheep.

You just answer your own question, Halo was never original it copied off of every shooter and just brought PC shit to consoles. I'm a Halo fan but it's nostalgia fags that like to pretend Halo was truly revolutionary when it was only revolutionary for a console shooter. Halo was popular because there was nothing that could challenge it until COD4.

The first two Halo's didn't needed sprint, that's what the vehicles were for.

Because 4 was awful and 5 didn't look any better. Am I supposed to be like you and just buy the latest every year based on vague promises by shills on the internet? Which of us is the sheep again?

it adds quite literally nothing. the same retards who can't understand why ADS is pointless. if everyone can sprint then whats the fucking point of having it in the first place. At least in Reach it was a specific power.

Its a waste of two buttons that ADDS nothing, but REMOVES button options.

here's a better question, why is sprinting GOOD?

Attached: 1558550963906.gif (339x239, 505K)

Halo reach was good

Having sprint as a special ability is balanced because you sacrifice mobility for another skill

It adds more depth to the game and makes it more enjoyable

You’re more mad about bloom and the crosshairs in reach than anything

Outside that halo reach felt like halo 1 where every gun was strong and impactful whereas in 2 & 3 bungie wanted to balance the weapons as opposed to making everything feel good

Attached: A0385F45-A000-42A7-981D-8560BE93B040.jpg (400x400, 46K)

Boom
it's dead
just like that

At least we'll still have MCC on Steam

In Reach it was a get out of jail free card. Reach has the worst sprint in the series.

Who here witnessing the end of an Xbox generation AGAIN just because they will market the shit out of nu-Halo as the definitive launch title of whatever they call their next console.

>this is what Reachkids tell themselves
It has the worst sprint in the series. Also, Reach didn't feel like a Halo game.

Move along kids.

Attached: eternal.jpg (1080x600, 145K)

>dead
No, it's not

Back to your trannyStation.

If anything, it's been proven that the core consumerbase nowadays does not want things like Sprint in their games, look at Overwatch. Sprint works in games like Call of Duty and Rainbow Six where your maps are tiny, Arena shooters aren't built like that; Generally the maps vary in size from above-tiny to smaller-than-big, and hence typically higher base movement speed should be favored over forcing the player to Sprint; Why? Longer sight-lines, a wider array of level structure and multiple variables means you need to resolve your focus into an objective structure of needs to compete properly, by this I mean focusing on your personal gunplay and tactics to kill your opponent. Sprint is the antithesis of all tactics, it enforces bad thought processes like "let me just run into this room, spray and pray, and hope I hit someone" and "I need to get to point B from A as fast as possible, if I just run there surely no one will take advantage of my vulnerable position wherein I cannot react due to sprinting!"

Sprint is nonsensical unless you give us the ability to fire whilst doing so, make the sprint actually faster than base movement speed, and increase base movement speed on top of that. Do maps need to be bigger? Fuck no, just make areas where sprinting is viable and places where it isn't.

Or just make it equipment, albeit it'll be shitty equipment compared to active camo, overshield, jetpack, etc.

>press button to move 10% faster while moving forward for 5 seconds
game is ruined

You forgot your skeleton wojak

>same repetitive trash as before with shit mp
No thanks, I'll stick with Halo.

Which command did they remove to add sprint?

>it's been proven that the core consumerbase nowadays does not want things like Sprint in their games
>he actually believes this

>same repetitive trash as before with shit mp
Hey man I posted DOOM not Halo.

>Quantum Break
>Sea of Thieves
>Halo 5
The simplest of reminders that these games failed to draw in the crow back to Xbox despite being labelled console sellers. They were hyped by Microsoft marketing and they were shit.
This next gen for xbox is going to be shit if they don't have games, but hey! At least they will be backwards compatible with current xbox games..
>WOOOOOOO, lets keep telling ourselves how blessed we are for this. I can't wait to play 5 year old games on the best graphical console in the world.

You forgot your tranny wojak.

Doom is just run into an arena and kill demons over and over, that shit gets boring, ODST and Reach had that shit in the campaign and those were the worst parts.

>Change is hard for many. For others like myself, not so much.

Wow tell us more about how much better you are than everyone else. Please let me kiss your feet oh enlightened one.

Attached: October-08-2013-04-24-34-sd.jpg (736x959, 71K)

Sprint allows you to get to enemies while they're reloading or just hiding behind cover getting their shields up. You don't always have grenades to flush them out and control distance but the idea that an opponent can sprint straight to your position much faster than standard running keeps the pressure on anyone hiding away. It always makes you much less of a known target for snipers if you mix up your sprint/not sprinting and jumping when you're out in the open. There's a million different little scenarios that get just that extra boost of depth because of sprint, in the same way any other simple mechanic can massively change up a fire fight, such as the bubble shields from 3 etc. I don't want sprint or ADS in my Halo but you have to be an idiot to not understand that it is a mechanic in itself with risks and advantages like literally any other thing in the game, it inherently adds to the number of ways a combat encounter can flow.

Keep sprinting zoomie.

the question is which command could have been added instead?

Halo 5 sold 12 million copies, seems it did fine, why are you in this thread, Snoy tranny? I think you got lost. I'll let you cope more after Microsoft runs circles around your precious Sony at E3 next month.

I'm actually a boomer, just not a competitivefag.

>Halo 5 sold 12 million copies
LMAO

>Halo 5 sold 12 million copies, the console is a success
Biggest laugh of the century, thanks for that, didn't realize how good of a joke you guys can deliver, every year.

MAKE HER FAT GODDAMNIT!!!

>Halo 5 sold 12 million copies

Attached: 1472103480987.webm (1280x720, 2.98M)

>everyone else has it so it's ok
What shit logic. If a game, such as Halo, design their combat loop without sprint then it simply doesn't have or need sprint. We saw how the introduction of sprint shook up the combat balance in Reach to the point that by the time 5 came around Halo was recognizable as Halo by name only. It just goes to show that Arena Shooters loose their appeal the moment it becomes less about control and strategy, and more about finding the best equip/per/starting weapon combo.

I'll let you keep coping with that while I laugh at you that you keep using VGChartz as your worthless source and can't comprehend mainline Halo games selling well.

Sprint is a bad mechanic in most cases. There are vehicles in Halo, so you don't need sprint for movement. It makes it harder to aim at other people and convolutes combat. CSGO has no sprinting and it's the best multiplayer fps at the moment.

Don;t hurt yourself figuring out how to reply just to get the last word in, the fact is Sony will do fine without being at E3. Because the best selling games are multiplats, and Microsoft is advertising for them. While Microsoft will try to do something 'special' and fuck themselves over again. The last 2 E3s nothing of horrible note occurred, it's about time for the infamous marketing team to royally fuck up again I'd say. Honestly looking forward to it.

Do you really want me to do this again? Do you really want me to post the entire Halo series sales history to prove a point, using numbers not from VGChartz?

Except H3 is still the worst Halo game and Reach was exponentially better than it

Because you were 12 when they were new

You going to open a spreadsheet and type some numbers in it? We can wait.

AIDS upon ye

Do it faggot

I thought you hated when they add stuff?

Nothings wrong with sprinting, it's the GUNPLAY!

Battlerifles, snipers worked because thet had high bullet velocity and down sight aiming, giving instant accurate results. Everything eles besides rocketlauncher, had slow bullet velocity and had to be fired from hip, creating unreliable inaccurate results.

Spriting is a trade off, trade speed for shooting, someone not sprinting can shoot before the sprinter who has to stop, aim, and shoot.

FPS shooters before Call of duty were mostly fireing from hip shooters, call of duty changed that.

Attached: 1556167663105.png (1000x1000, 2.25M)

dumb kdrama poster

>GAME MUST BE EXACTLY LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE
Sprinting in games instead of just increasing base movement speed almost always results in decreased movement overall unless you can do animation cancels or other nifty shit with it to break even and make it fun.

>someone not sprinting can shoot before the sprinter who has to stop, aim, and shoot
Good with the TTK once he closes in with sprint and spams melee.

>343
C'mon guys, stop acting surprised. No dual wielding also basically confirmed.

>If anything, it's been proven that the core consumerbase nowadays does not want things like Sprint in their games
this, spirit is a 15 year long meme that needs to die already

You asked for it

Halo CE sells over 6 million copies and Halo 2 sells over 8.43 million copies putting the series at over 14.5 million copies sold.
baka.com.au/technology/prepare-for-all-out-war-20070831-gdqzq3.html

Halo 3 sells over 10 million copies putting the series over 25 million copies sold.
gamesindustry.biz/articles/halo-series-sells-25m-worldwide

Halo Wars sells over 2 million copies and ODST only sells 5 million copies putting the series at over 34 million copies sold.
halo.bungie.net/news/content.aspx?cid=26642

Halo Reach only sells 7 million copies and Halo CEA sells over 1.5 million copies putting the series at over 40 million copies sold.
thesixthaxis.com/2012/06/27/new-halo-4-details-leaked-by-retail-training-quiz/
(image 2)

Halo 3 gets a sells boost putting it at over 14.5 million copies sold, Halo CEA sales hit 3 million copies sold putting the series at over 46 million copies sold.
eurogamer.net/articles/2012-10-31-more-than-46-million-halo-games-have-been-sold-worldwide

Halo 4 sells 14 million copies putting the series at over 60 million copies sold.
news.xbox.com/en-us/2014/10/17/games-halo-master-chief-collection-pre-download/

Halo MCC releases and sells 5 million copies putting the series over 65 million copies sold.
gamespot.com/articles/halo-series-reaches-65-million-units-sold/1100-6428844/

Halo 5 sells more than 5 million copies in three months putting the series at over 70 million copies sold.
rectifygaming.com/halo-franchise-total-sales-are-over-70-million-units/

Halo 5 continues to sell reaching 12 million copies sold putting the series at over 77 million copies sold.
usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2018/06/28/halo-video-game-franchise-get-showtime-live-action-series/742239002/

Cope

Attached: HaloSales.jpg (640x481, 132K)

Falseflagging OP but if it does have sprint I’m selling my Xbox one halo infinite is the last hope I have for it

Attached: 396046D7-E090-4454-B65B-166CEF7490E6.png (540x406, 123K)

You know what, Doom Eternal doesnt have a dumb sprint button and instead a dash button. It seems like sprinting is an outdated form of movement in games where movement should be naturally fast from the get go.

Well this justifys sprinting even more then, i didn't even consider the melee weapons.
Melee needs spriting to close in on the Targets, and my past point still stands.

Halo 5 only sold as well because it was included in Xbox bundles you nigger Xbox is now the poverty console

>i-i-it only sold that well because of bundles
Cope

Auto sprint in titanfall 2 and everyone uses run and gun are proof of that it just slows down combat in a unfun way

Why melee weapons need the sprint for the balance against guns

They were balanced before
Cope with the fact your game is panned by fans and critics

Attached: 0907AADB-B425-41D6-965E-D0D632FE7982.png (512x512, 181K)

>slows down combat in a unfun way
Only For the sprinter it does, unless they have an energy sword

So where the fuck did they all go? In some storage bin in the attic?
Halo 5 is fucking dead only hues play Custom Games and the playlists are all dead except for Warzone and BTB

it also sold p bad regardless
its like 5 million for a big budget Triple AAA Title
Even odst sold about that much

Sprint is a shit mechanic for most games especially high time to kill games like halo

Sprinting doesn't really add much to video games in general. It just becomes the default moving speed at the point, so you might as well just make the character run at full speed all the time instead like in DOOM 2016

Why can't they just compromise and make the default move speed a little bit faster?

Because why would anything good ever happen?

fuck, so true. Auto sprint + run and gun is basically required to ungimp yourself. At least in some games sprint can be a tactical choice, like do I sacrifice reaction time to get somewhere quicker, but in TF2 it might as well not exist

zoomies think it adds depth because it removes every other possible option you can use to move faster.

It doesn't add depth, it's been proven time and time again that it only lowers the skill ceiling.

Attached: 1555800045332.jpg (323x334, 28K)

cause they fear zoomers won't like it unironically
expect over-watch was beloved by that group and it didn't have sprint
It doesn't need to be as fast as quake, but just a simple 15% speed increase to halo 3 will be enough

Took way to damn long to add shit that's been in Halo since CE.

Most fans like the mp but hate the campaign as they should, critics love the mp but hate the campaign as well.

If it sold pretty bad then why was it sitting at more than 10 million copies sold in 2017? ODST sold poorly because it was a cash grab and no one wanted it, people were saying we're still getting Halo games and this game doesn't even star the Master Chief back then.

>bootstrap a fundamental core aspect of the game that affects practically every interaction in the game
>its just change lol
Changing something doesn't mean you're changing for the better, especially if you're changing the game to imitate competitors. Sprint is the litmus test for me. If it's not in the game I'll give 343 the benefit of the doubt that they'll willing to own up to their mistakes.

Attached: 1488732713749.png (395x396, 144K)

Honestly if there's a reason why Halo should stay console exclusive, it's that with M+KB the game is so very very slow in motion. Jumping in halo is like jumping on the moon, it's simply too slow.

If everyone wasn't sprinting the guns would have the advantage over melee weapons, thats why bunge added that quick launch attack for the energysword, with sprinting it adds some depth as the gunmen could be jogging whild the swordsmen could be sprinting it's a 50/50 chance, guns cant shoot and sprint swords can sprint and swing.

Attached: xresdefault.jpg (650x432, 30K)

I dont see how Simon Belmont jumps are any better on consoles than they are on PC. It seems like a suicide button either way in a firefight

MCC and Infinite is going to suck on PC.

I agree with him but he should go fuck himself.

Melee weapons have the advantage in close quarters. This is why you don't see them appear in BTB unless it's a gravity hammer.

sprinter vs non sprinter the non sprinter can shoot first before the sprinter, this is that layer of depth.

this summed up what I wanted to say, there's no reason the base speed can't just be faster

I loved using the thruster pack in 4. Could do mean shit with a sword/shotty. Also good for cucking people from aoe splash.

i like halo and i kind of agree with you
halo ce, 2, online all feel weird with K+m
I always felt halo would feel better with lower jumps and higher air accel

non-sprinters always get bodied by sprinters. when you can turn a corner faster than your opponent you will always win.

>movement-based combat
>movement is limited
It just doesn't make sense. If it wasn't for Apex's predominantly horizontal design it would set some fun precedents.

It's not about movement speed, it's about attention. It always has been. People don't want to walk without pushing any buttons, it'll psychologically make them feel better to press a button to go "fast" even if the travel time would be the same.

That doesn't make any sense, what kind of kill advantage does turning corners faster give you?

How about a shoulder charge that'll destroy anyone you blindly run into.

>Melee weapons have the advantage in close quarters
And sprinting helps melee weapons with getting into close quarters

heard you were talkin shit like i wouldnt find out

Attached: 1559090135186.png (1027x1512, 1.13M)

>I've never understood why people don't like the ability to run and gun in a franchise where run and gun is a staple and important feature

What a moron.

1. They wouldn't even know you're around the corner since you're not sprinting.
2. You have enough time see them in your radar since they are sprinting and react accordingly.

it gives you the element of surprise and a superior angle of attack that you can easily retreat behind. There's a reason why every nearly every single CoD multiplayer match is people sprinting around with SMG, it's the most effective way to play. Being slow is the same as being dead.

Attached: slicing the pie.png (334x368, 50K)

You can still do that by hip firing like any Halo, sprinting isn't a crutch mechanic.

*don't like the ability to not run and gun

Well thats just not true user, ive killed many sprinters by not sprinting, and hipfiring gives you even more of a kill advantage if they're close.

You realize you're allowed to carry two weapons right? You switch your weapons depending on the situation.

Your whole argument completely falls apart when you consider the fact that the Time to Kill in COD is many times faster than any Halo. Those kinds of ambush around corner aren't as viable with Halo's gameplay.

>run around corner
>pull up gun
>heh Surprise attack
>during the sprint, and pull up animation im shot twice in the head
>i shoot him in the head once
>i lose the fight

What the fuck?

>With an smg
If the sprinter goes straight into hipfire instead of hard aiming it could equal the playing field, smg's have brilliant hipfire in all games, and close quarter hipfiring with an smg, it's 50/50 for the nonsprinter and sprinter..

Consider this fact you cant sprint and shoot.

Sprint does not work in Halo, Halo 5 didn't even implement advanced movement well. You can do any kind of movement in Titanfall and you're still able to fire your gun. Whenever you try to do anything in Halo 5 you can't even fight.

Nothings wrong with sprinting, it's the GUNPLAY!

Battlerifles, snipers worked because thet had high bullet velocity and down sight aiming, giving instant accurate results. Everything eles besides rocketlauncher, had slow bullet velocity and had to be fired from hip, creating unreliable inaccurate results.

Spriting is a trade off, trade speed for shooting, someone not sprinting can shoot before the sprinter who has to stop, aim, and shoot.

FPS shooters before Call of duty were mostly fireing from hip shooters, call of duty changed that.

It had well-balanced weapons and interesting gamemodes, sure. But the maps were forgettable and the armor abilities altered playstyles so drastically that your chosen ability often mattered more than your weapons, your positioning, or even your individual skill.

But its worst sin was influencing the series to the point where now we can't have a Halo game without blowie zowie super shields and zoomer movement buttons and EPIC cinematic assassinations, because if we did retards like you would cry about it while jerking off to Emile.

This

>>Halo 5 continues to sell reaching 12 million copies sold putting the series at over 77 million copies sold.
>>usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2018/06/28/halo-video-game-franchise-get-showtime-live-action-series/742239002/
>control f 12
>no results found
Are you sure you're just coping with your rent free sales gimmick?

Attached: 1559181003888.png (2250x2167, 620K)

>Halo CE doesn't have abilities
Successful
>Halo 2 doesn't have abilities
More successful than predecessor
>Halo 3 doesn't have abilities
More successful than predecessor
>Halo Reach has abilities
Less successful than predecessor
>Halo 4 has abilities
>Halo 5 has abilities
>Halo Infinite has abilities
???

I don't know how you can keep doing this and not recognize that there's some sort of pattern here.
Also threadly reminder that 343i has never made a good game.

i dont know where hes getting these numbers
halo 5 was last reported to sell 5 million

343 has never made a good Halo game. Halo 5's marketing campaign was a literal lie. They made Halo 4 a classic style game with a simple story but scrapped it for what came out. They hired people who hate Halo to work on it. They keep killing off beloved characters in books in inappropriate ways. The Master Chief Collection on launch filled with inconvenient bugs. REQ packs you buy with real money that have one time use items.

Those are just the negatives I can think of off the top of my head, please do not get excited for a game made by these "people".

What's odd to me is that a lot of games are actually moving away from ADS reliance, but they still insist on including it even though it's a trap option and a wasted button. Titanfall 2 and Halo 5 come to mind, everyone knows that ADS is a "trap" in those games yet they still fucking include it to appease zoomers.

It was reported in 2017 that Halo 5 sold on par with Halo CE-4 putting it at 10 over 10 million at the time so the 12 million checks out.
mspoweruser.com/microsoft-says-halo-5-sold-par-previous-entries-like-halo-1-4/

Halo 4 and 5 outsold Reach though.