Vita Thread

Hack your Vita.

vita.hacks.guide/

Attached: IMG_20180321_125432.jpg (4160x3120, 1.1M)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/6x-Transparent-Silicone-Thumb-Stick-Cover-Grip-Cap-For-PS-Vita-PSV-1000-2000/202340380903?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649
youtube.com/watch?v=LdrVZkVJ19c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yes, mother

Just gonna repeat my question from the handheld thread to hopefully get an answer:

I have a PSTV that was running Enso, and then did a system reset and it says it’s running 3.60 and looks like stock firmware. My question is, are there any lingering files that will fuck up another attempt to install Enso?
I ask this cause my roommate moved out and I used his controller with my PSTV. Before he moved I decided to reset my PSTV to sell it.
Now in order for me to reinstall CFW I’ll need to buy a DualShock.
I just don’t want the buyer to try and install CFW and have it brick for some reason cause I didn’t reset it right.

Notice how no one really has anything to discuss in these threads compared to the 3DS counterpart.

Vita

sucks.

No one makes quality homebrew for it like the PSP so there isn't an incentive. Sure you can just port over all your PSP stuff but all that shit is currently sitting comfortably on my PSPs. I don't see what moving it to the Vita will accomplish.

Is there a hack to get someone to buy my PSTV off me that I literally never use

Can I get a tl;dr on getting whether a Vita VS a 3DS XL in order to hack and play games (which had better games, easier hacks etc)

but i want a vita 2000 for cheap and can't find one

>vita was collecting dust
>hacked my vita
>now my hacked vita is collecting dust

Attached: 3BAB2C18-7AB5-4C4E-A560-48E11284E826.jpg (4032x3024, 3.7M)

You fucked up, you're going to want to re-install Henkaku from the website, install the enso app, and force-uninstall from it.

Sell it on eBay for over $100

I actually de-hacked my Vita to use the PlayStation Store at one point. I wanted to download my PSN Plus stuff.

Now connecting to PSN actually works on lower firmware so it doesn't matter...but I'm still not doing anything.

3DS for the 3DS library, and DS library in it's ideal form factor

>4:9 game stretched to 16:9

Fuck you and everything you stand for

Attached: absolutamente.jpg (233x216, 8K)

I hacked my psp. Was worth.
I'll get a vita eventually, for tiddy games and nude mods. Also, I already have P4G.

>re-install Henkaku from the website, install the enso app
So you’re telling me there won’t be any issues reinstalling if you’re telling me to reinstall to fix it.

No. Install the enso app, when you run it UNINSTALL enso

user recommend me a good thumb cover pls

Anyone else get their Fata Morgana LRG order in?

Can anyone provide me with a tales of phantasia eboot that will work on ps vita? I tried and it just gave me a black screen.

>Sell it on eBay for over $100
when the fuck did they become worth more than $20?

Fuck. I don’t want to buy a Dualshock to sell a system.
I wouldn’t suppose there are any plugins for Vita 1000 that will let me use it as a controller for the PSTV, is there?
(I know, it’s a stretch.)

BASED

Fucking love it.
Playing Soul Sacrice Delta, MGS games, Killzone, P4G, Ys and Kiseki Evolution games is pretty fun.
Think I'll replay Patapon and Dissidia Duodecim later.

Around the same time hacks started letting the PSTV use USB HDDs for storage, I'd say.

>your Vita
>your
Bold of you to assume anyone else has a Vita.

is it safe to hack your vita while having access to psn without getting banned yet? from what i remember, that was a likely possibility

I love my Vita.

Attached: Vita.jpg (2000x1000, 1.28M)

don't hack trophies and you're fine, pretty much

Where can I get those analog stick covers? I hate the vita's.

Well I've never sold anything through eBay before but I imagine it's the only way I can get rid of it.

Just make sure you don't accept a sale from anyone with 0 feedback and you should be good.

I don't have any feedback myself, though, so don't I look unreliable too?

Yeah, unfortunately, you might want to sell something a little less risky first.

Share your wallpaper, user.

Attached: 155529689860.png (540x542, 388K)

I buy from ebay a lot and my personal opinion is that if you have low feedback then take a picture that makes it obvious you're selling your old shit and make sure you have plenty of photos. I won't touch a listing that has 0 feedback and uses a stock image but I would purchase from someoone with little to no feedback if they had clear pictures of the item. Include the serial number in the listing as well. It helps with buyer confidence as well as seller because they can't claim you sent the wrong item.

so if i were to hack my vita and potentially pirate games while still maintaining my access to psn and using the store for games i own currently or don't mind purchasing, i should be fine? or would there be some type of version checking through psn to see whether the games license is activated through a digital purchase or cartridge? i have no interest in trophy hacking at least

buy/sell feedback is combined so you really only need good reviews from sellers at the very least. I've got a few hundred feedback from ebay over the years from buying random chinese nick nacks.

>_>

Attached: 20190421_001426833_iOS.png (4032x2008, 3.51M)

Not that there's been any concrete proof of folks getting banned for it, but just be smart and don't download digital only games you don't own.

I've been emulating tons of stuff on my N3ds and I love it but I really wish I could emulate ps1 and n64 games in bed. How well does the vita emulate those?

not him, but here have fun cropping this

Attached: 1402095533626.png (727x1200, 720K)

I use two of these: ebay.com/itm/6x-Transparent-Silicone-Thumb-Stick-Cover-Grip-Cap-For-PS-Vita-PSV-1000-2000/202340380903?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

The theme is on the Custom Theme Manager.

PS1 perfectly, N64... not so perfectly.

Technically the N3DS has a stronger CPU than the Vita. Only reason PSP/PSX is perfect is PSP isn't actually emulation, and PSX games are just modded to run on the PSP hardware natively.

danke fren, i'll look into a bit more, admittedly i haven't paid much attention to my vita or the hacking scene around it in some time, i just know it's progressed quite a bit recently

what size is your memory card?

i miss the XMB

>$1
Those pesky fucking Chinamen and their dirt cheap goods.

How can I get afterburner on the 32x emulator to run better?

256GB.

>N3DS has a stronger CPU than the Vita
What the fuck? And it’s so wasted on that lowres screen.

>ideal form factor
Not who you were replying to but what happens if I get a 2DS instead?

Very different purposes for hacking. The vita is the greatest retrogame handheld you can fucking get, the 3ds is a 3ds

Yomawari is a good game to play at night with headphones.

Imagine a doorstop with buttons.
That’s the formfactor of a 2DS

>the opening to the first game
fug

>PSX games are just modded to run on the PSP hardware natively
How come I can just take a random ISO off the internet and it runs perfectly then?

I'm guessing you're using POPSloader or something, then? Because last I checked most folks convert to eboot.

I honestly thought the freaky town was just gonna be a representation of the main character’s fear of being alone at night.
Nope. The town is just built right on top of hell it seems.
Even the convenience store had ghosts keeping you away from it and that theoretically has an employee in there at the counter.
He glances at the window and sees the haunted hands of satan shooing away any potential customers and he just thinks “same shit. Different day.”

>4:9
faggot.

I still don't know if I should buy a Vita and the guide looks a little more complicated than the 3DS one.

I found the Vita easier. Just don’t use FTP nonsense. That’s a pain. Not hard, just annoying. USB is way better.

It's really not.

t. has hacked 4 Vitas and 3 3DS'

It's extremely simple, just dragging and dropping files really.

FTP isn't even hard, m8. Just use filezilla.

Good thing I said it wasn’t in my post.

If I buy a Vita brand new, what version does it come packaged in?

>not winscp

Doesn’t matter. It’s all hackable now.

The PSP is an amazing retro game handheld. Nothing on that scale exists for the Vita.

Nice

>install virus on internet enabled device!

Vita's can be gotten pre-owned for not much more than a PSP, so there's no reason to go for a PSP over a Vita at this point.

I bought mine used, it comes with a pirate bootleg ps3 wired controller.
As long as is recognized in a ps3 is going to work on your Vita tv

Vita has Retroarch now.
Also the adrenaline psp emulator can play the very same emulators you use on your psp at the same exact speed.

Attached: 529C2AC3-A610-481F-8927-F100C44D244B.png (316x159, 4K)

Yeah I just finish P4Dan. The story is bad but at least Rise's replacement VO sounded pretty good

Attached: chad.png (845x800, 421K)

That’s Anthony Burch’s sister.

Look what just came into the mail.

Attached: psvsd.jpg (980x1359, 400K)

Fine but if you've already GOT a PSP then trying to rework all that into a Vita isn't worth the energy.

This I remember when I get a PSP on 2007 and thinking how hoorible the OS was, then when using the vita, fuck, why there isnt a mod that let you use a XMB or something that looks more like android/ios or even a hack that makes bubbles into squares.

>tfw just ordered one myself
They ship on Mondays, and since I'm actually in LA I'll probably get it Tuesday.

Can't wait to put one of those badboys in my 3G Vita!

For vpks and little stuff I preffer FTP than search for the usb cord, for big ass games just popup my sd2vita sd in the PC port.

Here's to me most likely messing it up.

Attached: denzel's sip.gif (450x188, 3.18M)

It doesn't seem much more difficult than putting a microSD card in a N3DS desu.

Welcome to the SD card master race.

If I have an SD2VITA installed, can I safely wipe the native 8gb memory card? And if I dump a bunch of roms on it can I actually access them while it’s mounted as uma0?

You gotta pop the vita open to install that. It replaces the simcard port.

>If I have an SD2VITA installed, can I safely wipe the native 8gb memory card?
Yes but you shouldn't in case you need a working CFW memory card if your SD2Vita fucks up.

>And if I dump a bunch of roms on it can I actually access them while it’s mounted as uma0?
Yes.

I know, you have to unscrew the backplate for an N3DS to get to the microSD slot, too.

Only difference is a few more screws and popping out the 3G card first. Not too bad, since who gives a shit if the 3G antenna get's fucked when it won't be getting used anyway?

Would I be able to transfer my homebrew apps to the Vita’s flash memory where my plugins are stored?

What version SD2Vita do ya'll use and what size is your memory card?

>Nepgear inside Uni
That's lewd user

Attached: UniGear.png (500x680, 420K)

v3.0 w/ 256GB

Which cores does it support? I would think that's more important to know.

5.0 256gb
Don’t make the mistake I did and set the cluster size to 64kb if you use a 256gb

v3.0 and 256GB.

Only snoyniggers play the Vita.

Will Sony make another handheld or are they for sure not going to fuck with Nintendo in this area ever again?

You have to be at least 18 to post here.

I'm gonna guess no, they rule the console market so I don't see why they would want to stretch themselves to handhelds again.

probably not for a while since their console is performing so well, and they're slowly attempting the vr gimmick

But how much mileage can I get with a Vita? All the no games shitposting suddenly doesn't disappear just because you can get free games now.

No point when they can just go for the gacha money

already did, been playing P3P and it’s been fun.

Attached: AC3F2173-0111-434A-BAD0-B590EF05DBA0.jpg (3014x1535, 642K)

>No one makes quality homebrew for it like the PSP
-stream PC to vita or Vita to PC
-soft overclock plugin
-true overclock plugin if you don't mind raping your battery
-graphix upgrade plugin
-working "free shop" with vita, psp and psx titles
-customization homebrew that lets you change splash screen and other UI settings
-dual stick homebrew for PSP games
-homebrew for wii motes
-homebrew browser
-hacked crunchyroll premium app
-hentaihaven homebrew
-retroarch that lets netplay old games(3ds can't do this)
-in game cheat menu
-nude mods and english patches for a ton of weeb titles
-easy bubble maker that lets you launch PSX games straight from home
-katawa shoujo port
-doom/quake/duke ports
-vita fighters(homebrew street fighter with block characters)
-pretty shitty NDS emulator that could be better, I admit
-manga/book reader
-media homebrew

netplay with retroarch and homebrew to use both analogs for PSP titles is reason enough to upgrade to the vita. and this doesn't count as homebrew, but the pstv supports up to 4 bluetooth ds3/ds4 controllers. comfy couch coop/multiplayer.

Attached: 1542667531705.png (220x220, 40K)

>manga/book reader
i'm still fucking hurt over the fact that jp got this from the start without needing to hack, the na/eu psn apps were disappointing as fuck

>graphix upgrade plugin
How exactly does this one work?

>tfw

Attached: 20190531_201920.jpg (2016x980, 726K)

haven't tried it yet.
youtube.com/watch?v=LdrVZkVJ19c
same. wish jp would stop treating NA/EU like step children.

just like, plug it back in

based, wish I spoke nip because right now I am stuck waiting for a fan translation that may never come
recommendation checked, installing now

What firmware does everyone use?

what did you use to make the Adrenaline buttons look nice? Mine only let me stretch the image to fill the circle and it looks bad

3.60 Enso. No reason to use anything else now.

I can't. The piece that was soldered to the motherboard that the battery cable connects to broke off. Now I gotta order a replacement motherboard.

Attached: shamefurdispray2.jpg (319x480, 140K)

>hacked vita
>feel bad about pirating games but need to save money to pay off bills and stuff

moral dilemma

Attached: 1559338421181.png (304x351, 15K)

Just how hard did you yank the back part of the Vita?

just keep it in mind and pay it forward through a good deed some day

Dissidia works weird on Adrenaline with random short freezes and hiccups at times.
Got a freeze in the intro video.

this

Do you use PSP plugins? Also which iso loading mode were you on? These two can cause all sorts of problems.

I don't want to buy a Vita and only play it for 40 hours. Please convince me not to buy it. I didn't even use my hacked Wii and 3DS for that long.

Straight from the cable but I guess it was stuck onto the piece too hard and the whole thing came off.

Theres an option for it on adrenaline bubble manager but I think for PS1 icons they’ll just be stretched

An undub one.

I don’t know if you saw the new omega labyrinth life trailer, but they passive aggressively said “fuck you, westerners.” when they showed the PS4 version. California killed sony. Japanese aren’t happy about it.

I feel your pain... I broke my launch day 3DS attempting a hard mod.
Just gotta learn from it and move on.

nice aspect ratio fag

>see this thread
>check version
>3.70
i can't do shit, can i? fuck

I pirate games and then buy them if I like them
And then I never open the bought copy so they retain their value as a sealed game and keep playing the pirated copy.
:^)

Not that, when on Adrenaline XMB menu if you press select VHS menu pops up. On there you will see umd iso mode with options like inferno, m33 driver and sony np9660. Some games are picky about it so try them one by one. If the same stuff still happens then Adrenaline might be at fault.

All firmwares are hackable.

o fug, thanks user, i kept seeing talks of 3.60 and then saw on the site it said you can't downgrade unless it's a hackable firmware so my brainlet self assumed 3.70 wasn't

Funny story that, when I bought my vita last week it was on something like 3.69 and to hack it I had to actually update it to 3.70 then downgrade from there. Exploits are weird.

I can't, my faggot friend updated it to current

Speaking of Vita, I started playing MeiQ and thought to myself I bet this is on Steam. Well turns out it is not. Such a surprise. The fuck happened to IFI to not put this on Steam or PS4 back when it came out?

Trinity works the same on 3.69 too.

>Still can't emulate N64 without massive audio/graphical issues
>2019

It's almost 2020 for fucks sake, how the fuck can't this thing emulate N64 flawlessly?

Attached: ZbQqaze.jpg (676x508, 14K)

why dont you build a properly encoded n64 emulator, sheldon?

PC can't either lmao

>how the fuck can't this thing emulate N64 flawlessly?
Nothing can emulate N64 flawlessly.

Nothing emulates N64 flawlessly in 2019.

Nigger.

Name one device with perfect N64 emulation.

To be fair to him, the Vita has problems with most SNES/GBA games as well kek

>the Vita has problems with most SNES/GBA games
No it doesn't.

Damn, that's unfortunate.

SNES, depends. GBA, no.

I just got the vita hacked. Recommend me some games.

Yeah well SNES has a lot of games that a lot of things struggle to emulate, not the Vita's fault, most phones can't handle games like Starfox.

There's no point in getting a Vita for Nintendo emulation when the 3DS has literally perfect emulation across the board, sans 3D consoles. You're not going to beat the 3DS at playing Nintendo games when the emulation was designed by the company that makes those games. That's like expecting the 3DS to play PS1 games better than the PSP or Vita when those are designed by Sony.

mGBA is still getting updated on Vita, and the last update got a lot more games closer to perfect. Give it a few more months and GBA emulation on Vita should be more than fine, desu.

You can see right here on the motherboard where the piece broke off from.

Attached: 20190531_201920.jpg (1009x1137, 387K)

Or just use PSP emulators which already play the large majority of games near perfectly.

Injects lack the save state or fast forward options of emulators. How does mGBA and Retroarch GBA ports work on n3DS? They are unusable on og3ds.

user, you broke the PCB itself. How much pressure were you putting on that thing?

Ops, cores not ports.

Vita is shit and gay.

bros, I need a good case for the 1000 model, if it has a grip or something I would love it, please sauce me up

what are the vita exclusives? I dont want to play games that got ported to pc and ps4.

Play fucking ninja gaiden
Completely changed my view on the "character action" genre
What a blessing that some mad man decided to put this on a handheld, I rarely 100% games but I did it multiple times with sigma plus

Too much I guess. I couldn't pull out the cable that easily so I started pulling a little harder. Would a US motherboard work with the L/R button circuit boards if those are from a JP model?

>70 games
Seems a bit excessive.

Reading these threads always makes me realize how stupid most people are. Most of the questions are a Google search away.