Which one destroys a vidya community more to you: Elitism or Waifufaggotry?

Which one destroys a vidya community more to you: Elitism or Waifufaggotry?

Attached: Male Robin.jpg (530x298, 31K)

fujoshits

american urbanite trash praising cinematic games

>complaining about elitism while posting on Yea Forums - The Vidya
Why are you even here?

Attached: 1546725684736.png (395x387, 47K)

Normies, and shitty devs thinking they need more money and appealing to them by changing the game.

false elitists that pretend they've played FE before awakening just to appeal to boomers who don't really exist.

Unless I could find a broader term to fit that in, I would otherwise consider it to be a part of waifufaggotry.

Yea Forums's idea of "elitism" is to shit on literally everything that isn't their favorite game in the series(or just everything in FE's case), indiscriminately, without so much as a hint of objectivity

FPBP

You could say the same about waifufaggotry. I'm just asking a genuine question here.

waifushit but even worse has the right idea. the true ultimate evil.

Elitism is how a community stays alive in times of hardship.

Unironically this

Attached: 1549943419869.jpg (229x343, 10K)

Elitism, by far. Not even a comparison.

Waifufags are fun. Most of them will talk about the game and have a good time.
Elitists will completely shut down conversation of a game unless it's them leading, or if it's basic epeen comparison.

Dark Souls was impossible to talk about there for a good long time. Waifufags didn't do that

the shit you zoomers get is well deserved desu

How so?

Attached: 1f914.png (512x512, 19K)

t. waifufag

Elitism can only ruin a community
Waifufagging can ruin the game

>fateswakening fags getting uppity

The community IS in hardship BECAUSE of elitism

Any kind of fuel for shitflinging is as bad as any other, it doesn't matter if they do it in the form of having threads of nothing but arguing who's the best girl or if they have a nonsensical bias towards an entire part of the series that they'll have a fit over as soon as it's mentioned.

Elitism is a structure to base a community on. If people weren't elitist, they wouldn't care about the quality of the community and would be more prone to shitposting, etc.

The problem isn't when people are elitist, it's when people are shitposters AND elitists.

t.

Attached: 1548388469159.png (1732x1074, 285K)

Waifufaggotry, elitism is necessary lest the community be infected with absolute faggots and even faggots who act all high and mighty can be filtered out by more elitism, just look at how mad Yea Forumsirgins get whenever someone invades their safe space.

waifufaggotry is the first step towards folding discordtrannies into your community so I'd go with that

>FPBP
There are seven (7) posts before that one you retarded redditor.

>elitism is necessary lest the community be infected with absolute faggots and even faggots who act all high and mighty can be filtered out by more elitism,
Elists ARE the absolute faggots acting high and mighty
see

>a nonsensical bias
Maybe they wouldn't have as much of a fit if you were at all open to their view.

I hate Camilla, but not because I'm a anti-waifu retarded redditor, it's because i'm a lolicon

Attached: Tiki38.jpg (821x834, 164K)

I fail to see how spamming Camilla threads ruins Fire Emblem.

>7
It's the (F)ifth post

Elitism keeps the casuals out with gatekeeping. Waifufags argue for a button to skip gameplay, because all they want is the titties and asses.

Attached: 1473048163526.png (231x260, 132K)

Huh?

It's this kind of thinking that somehow made the game more casual than casual mode

Waifufaggotry by a country mile. Have you even noticed that in any series where Waifu fags take hold the quality of the games themselves begin to deteriorate?

based

I'm open to anyone's view, I don't mean this in the sense that I dismiss their opinion because of the opinion itself, but a lot of people will just not even talk about the game are say anything about it except for that it's shit, they just spend most of their time insulting people who do like the game in question and it makes them come off as just having a bias that has nothing to do with the game itself.

Secondaries

Or, just maybe, you convinced yourself that the series is getting worse because the fanbase is posting in a way you don't like.

Attached: how2count.png (1309x479, 87K)

To be fair, Elitists can also ruin a game via nostagia pandering. It all depends on who has the bigger influence on the devs.

Attached: maxresdefault (5).jpg (1280x720, 157K)

>Elitism keeps the casuals out
The elitists ARE the casuals. See: Echoesoys and Sacred Soys

user, there's a reason why Fire Emblem is one of the most autistic communities on Yea Forums, a game series where not a single thread survives without immediately descending into shitposting and flame wars of Kaga vs GBA vs Tellius vs Nu-Emblem
>pro-tip: it's not because of waifufaggotry

Attached: 1547371514900.png (415x604, 481K)

>that feeling of knowing waifufags will buy any garbage as long as it has waifu
Nothing makes me more upset than sheer ignorance like these drooling monkeys display.

Attached: mad lad.jpg (1552x668, 441K)

Huh?

This. In it’s good form, elitism can keep discussion interesting by creating an atmosphere where you’re expected to have a proper knowledge about what you’re talking about and also expected to be able to discuss it in in-depth way, while also often guiding discussion towards things that aren’t properly discussed in mainstream. However, good elitism requires high standards of discussion, not just control of what is discussed.

In its bad form, elitism can take form of prejudices that prevent valid discussion, cliques, a sacred cow syndrome where people are expected to worship something just to ”fit in”.

Unfortunately, latter is what Yea Forums usually is, with people focusing on the negative side of it all and trying too hard to fit in. Good elitism needs an focus on the ability to cherish the good sides of hobby and the ability to discuss them in a good way, but for Yea Forums, elitism is just endless prattling about things that Yea Forums doesn’t like, combined with generally low standards of discussion with blatant shitposting. It’s a terrible combo, nothing to be happy about. If Yea Forums actually was to become a better place, it would need that people actually use their ”superior tastes” to post about the games they love, not to shitpost and endlessly complain about stuff they dislike.

After thinking about it, I'd have to say Waifuism (and fujoism, thanks ) is much more damaging to a community if it isn't a core part of the series from word go like Harvest Moon and Rune Factory. You can ignore someone being anal about their tastes but if a girl gets popular enough there's going to be a popularity vacuum.

Attached: 1522429884068.jpg (270x400, 104K)

>t. thinks pic related is the peak of its series

Attached: other m.jpg (1600x800, 185K)

But Pokemon elitists want interesting fights and a harder difficulty, not a free Charizard

Elitists. At least you can just not talk about females to avoid waifufaggots. Elitists just act like their ability to eat shit no one else will put in their mouths makes them a superior being.

three houses is ugly af

Elitism, most “elitists” are just morons parroting some other person.

Faggotry, now kill yourself.

I dunno how nostalgia pandering = elitism. Sun and Moon has much bigger problems than a couple of gen 1 redesigns that no one really cares about
Pokemon's nostalgia pandering is reaching out to casuals who cant identify anything other than Pikachu or smash reps

Doesn't seem like that strange of a behavior. After quitting it's the next most logical reaction when the opposite side shows that there is no point in arguing with them, as is often the case.

Neither

Etilists save franchises since they drive normies and casualfags away
Also, there's literally nothing wrong about having a waifu

>using the ACuck """"""""argument"""""""""

So are you saying that we should just eat all the shit that is being shoved down our throats?

>Go to a fighting game thread
>33% of posters complain about any mechanic more complicated than jabs, kicks or blocks
>33% of posters spam half naked pictures of their waifu
>33% of posters bitch about any game that isn't their favorite
>1% actually play the game better than an 8 year old

FGC shows that both do it in equal. Waiting for a fag to point out how elitism is 66% and waifufaggotry is 33%.

>the waifufag, now cornered, resorts to imaginary boogeymen

Dark Souls 2 is still shit regardless of what a nobody on YouTube said, cry me a river, little bitch.

t.

Attached: 1519782986104.png (612x101, 10K)

Continuing off your analogy, don't starve yourself because you think 5-star food is actual feces.

>use retarded strawman
>get called out
>"HA! I CORNER J00! NICE BOGERMAN"

Throwing a fit and dragging down the whole thread with it is annoying even when it is prompted by another, you're better off just letting it go if the other person's being a retard about it, but I'm not event talking about that, I'm talking about the people who mention a specific game in any capacity, be it praise or criticism or if they're just shitposting about it or are at least trying to actually say something worthwhile, and some autist drags down the whole thread because of it. They're as prone to showing that they're not worth arguing with as the people who blindly praise the game, and both are equally annoying if they're so adamant in their shitposting, as they often are.

Neither cause I'm not a moron?

Shareholders

Attached: SC6_Mod_Amy_SCIV_Hairstyle_by_Segadordelinks.jpg (672x761, 165K)

>retarded strawman
Where?

the great ruiners

In a series like FE? Elitism.
Most of the autism in these threads comes from oldfags butthurt because no one gave a fuck about FE before Awakening, meanwhile waifufags stick to their containment threads talking about how much they want to get fucked by Camilla's futa cock.
And what's worse is that you can't even be an elitist here, because most FE games are just as bad as Awakening, not like the average FEfag would accept that mind you.

>I dunno how nostalgia pandering = elitism
It is
>ONLY MUH FIRST GEN IS REAL POKEMON
>EVERYTHING ELSE IS DIGIMON AND SHIT

And how is that retarded? Other M is what happens when waifufags are allowed to decide what a game is supposed to be. Convenient theatre mode to skip the problematic videogamey stuff, unskippable cutscenes, a submissive waifu who apologizes to men left and right because women aren't allowed to be competent, the whole ten yards.

Elitism
FE3H could have been FEA/FEF done right
amazing art/character design with the great gameplay of Conquest

Instead everyone had a little hissy fit over waifus and we get FE: harry potter/persona simulator with butt ugly ass unfuckable characters and shit art

I mean that with (bad)Elitism, there will be more and more vocal fans that would parrot the same opinions and demand that the devs should cater to them and their special game more often. This would result in the devs pandering to their nostagia more often, because they think would be more profitting. The problem with that is that it alienates and eventually angers everyone else in the fandom and start gen wars. The Sonic fandom with Classic Sonic is another example of this.

Attached: fcec04ef0aefda9c6259140bd2e37aee.jpg (316x322, 18K)

>they want to get fucked by Camilla's futa cock.
wanting this shit when saizo exists

No, I’m just saying that elitism should be channeled in constructive ways:
>good elitism - discussing games you like and perhaps even sharing knowledge about hidden gems to others
>bad elitism - make n+232 meme shitpost threads about a game that you don’t even like

For example, if you look at some actually good movie communities, they don’t spend their time having events where they just sit together and complain about how superhero movies and their popularity sucks, but they watch movies they like (or that provide good discussion points) and then discuss them. With elitism, the driving force should be the love for good stuff, not the need to loudly renounce the not-so-good stuff.

Waifufags and fujoshits are unironically the worst both are mentally handicapped and force others to have to deal with their bullshit.

It's retarded because no one mentioned Other M in the first place and you played that card to make your opponent look ridiculous without using an actual argument.

redditors and sjws, the two you posted are both good.

>It's retarded because no one mentioned Other M in the first place
You argued that waifu fags have never ruined anything. I simply presented a counterpoint.

>Etilists save franchises since they drive normies and casualfags away
Problem is FE elitists are killing the franchise. Their sacred cow Tellius is the 2 worse selling games in the series. And Echoes is the 3rd worse selling reversing all the gains waifufags made.

Except that FE elitists are all GBAfags.

One: That wasn't me
Two: Nobody ever said that in this thread. Go dialate.

>thinking elitism or waifuism are bad

>normalfags
>phonefags

The fact that ACfag is about to completely hijack this entire thread should give you your definitive answer, OP.

see>Waifufags are fun. Most of them will talk about the game and have a good time.
Look at this blatant lie and how he completely ignores the damage they do to any franchise.

Self-insertniggers.

I highly doubt any of them have actually played the GBA games. No one can seriously parrot about the 3DS games being piss easy after playing Sacred Stones the biggest joke in the series. Or praise Echoes for that matter.

Animal Crossing?

Attached: 1548383373261.png (628x676, 501K)

I'm not attracted to Camillia at all and she was one of the most interesting and thematically appropriate characters in the game. These people can't see the world without their biases. That aggressively loving personality is a natural foil to Corrin's awkward bitch-assedness, while also factoring into its creation herself by being so sheltering. In that same vein she's perfectly happy slaughtering people in the name of somebody who wants nothing more than an end to slaughter. The amount that she cares about Corrin puts more weight on the decision.
Her personality translating into gameplay as the overpowered unit you get near the start of the game is perfect especially with how overly relying on her drains your other units out of experience. Visually she's motherly and fluffy but with sharp bits.

>muh thinkofthechild is uncomfortable
That's the point. She makes the protagonist uncomfortable too.

Instead of "fpbp" referring to "first post best post" that user was using it as "fifth post best post"

This. My exgf was a fujo and she turned me off pretty much every series I enjoyed by going on about which male characters would be good together. It was particularly bad with Yakuza.

Elitism. At least waifufaggotry produces new content.

Attached: 1558905503564.jpg (1654x2339, 2.62M)

>Self-insertniggers
What does this even mean? Are MyUnit characters the only thing that is self-insertable? Or Roy and his harem that includes his teacher not count? Or the rampant popularity of flawless stus like Hector, Ephraim, Alm and Ike whose only goal is charge in to battle and win? People can self-insert into anything, that's why waifufags want their favourite girl to "win" the MC in nearly all forms of media.

On the subject of waifufagging, is it viable to be a Tharjafag on lunatic+?

At least I can coax some conversation out of an elitist, even if they're condescending. It's hard to talk to waifufags about anything beyond girls in the game. Also too many devs use waifufaggotry as an excuse to not put as much effort into the game.

>ACfag
Who?

it gives Noire access to Galeforce so I don't see why not.

>Self-insertniggers.
Weird. Isn't RPGs all about role playing? Explain.

Attached: ROBIN.png (449x323, 216K)

>role-playing a character
>this character is ME and all the cute girls love ME I'm such a badass vessel of a demon god!
Big difference.

Some of those are written with the express purpose of sucking the player's dick (Robin, Alm), some are not (Hector).

This. Well written characters don't leave room for self-inserting.

>turning it into a soulless cash-cow is "saving" it
Zoomers.

That’s not what Pokémon elitists care about. We care about the battle frontier, stupidly long cutscenes and hallways

I feel like Robin, ala (You), mostly get his "dick sucked" for tactics stuff you do in the game and for being a reliable friend to Chrom. While he's an key important character in the overall story, most of the story is about Chrom, his struggle with Plegia, his conquest to Valm, and his quest to awaken the Falchion to defeat Grima. Chrom even had more fangirls than Robin, though more justified nevertheless.

True. Crying about strawmans while putting your hands to your ears and ignoring anything anyone says is a pretty good way for a community to destroy itself.

Attached: 1555004323593.png (334x858, 337K)

Casuals.

how did you ever come to such an insanely retarded conclusion

Waifufaggotry. Elitism doesn't destroy communities for the active members of the community.

See