I just bought X-Com 2 and all the DLC on Steam since it was on sale. What should I expect?

I just bought X-Com 2 and all the DLC on Steam since it was on sale. What should I expect?

Attached: F99BCC8B-C9EA-45E3-A461-3113AEA56547.jpg (847x1024, 89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1129554146
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=659591509
youtu.be/Yvr5I6fD3vU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Embrace snek.

quality of life mods

Get ready to miss point blank 99 percent chance hits and get crit'd by the enemies with a 23 percent chance.

Attached: 354.png (1280x1920, 804K)

Sneks, Ayyyliens, and missing that one shot you really couldn't afford to

unless you savescum like crazy

How are the mods for that game?

Is it really that bad? Also I read that the one DLC that adds champion enemies are complete bullshit. How hard are they really?

bullshit RNG

Remember that Snakefuckers belong on a cross

They really rekt your shit if youre not ready. Unlike the chosen, the rulers go for the kill. But there are ways to mitigating the damage that they do.

Remember that Snakefuckers belong on a pedestal

Just remember the first missions are heavily wage against you, keep on trucking until you have a squad that has been promoted atleast 2 times.

Oh and research weapon tech first.

Rulers are one of those things where they either absolutely eat your ass, or are completely trivial. There is no in-between, it just depends on your gear and when they decide to pop up.

What are the best small quality of life mods for XCOM 2?

>4:00 pm: Nothing
>4:01 pm: COMMANDER, THE ALIENS ARE MOVING FOWARD WITH THE AVATAR PROJECT, WE NEED TO STOP IT!
>4:02 pm: nothing
>4:03 pm: COMMANDER!

>weapon tech first
Why? I go for Biotech first, and get an Infirm asap so my soldiers stop being on vacation.

Probably the text ones that go

>[muffled AYY LMAO in the distance]

Here's a Steam collection: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1129554146

Also as a bonus: a quality voice collection
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=659591509

thanks user

So that you can kill the ayys faster and more reliably, thus less of them taking shots at you, thus less soldiers on vacation.

idk how about you go play it, goofball

Attached: 1557868137128.png (1900x2500, 1.75M)

Is not bad at all, as long as you have enough brain cells to understand that 98% is not 100%

Still downloading

Inferior game from previous games (both nu xcom and the old).

I like stuff like the flank/movement/LoS previews and improved icons.

I prefer being proactive. Keeping up with the ayy's damage and health curve in the early game means less potential for damage to ever occur to me.

Snek tits. Did you get war of the chosen too? It adds a lot of stuff, and don't save scum it take the thrill out of it, xcom can loose yanow.

It has happened before.

youtu.be/Yvr5I6fD3vU

Because every enemy that you don’t take out is an enemy that will shot back at you

Fun times if you embrace the "That's XCOM baby" mindset and take time to actually learn about the game as you play

Upgrade guns to mag weapons asap! Ancient peashooters can't do shit.

the one bad thing about that snake is that she has no ass

snek BOOBS
snek PUSSI
snek cuddles

Attached: Viper Xcom2.jpg (1022x594, 145K)

This is my phone locked screen, it make me kek whenever I see it at work.

Attached: sgo2m41q4mhx.png (3000x5333, 597K)

Do I have to play XCOM 1 before 2? Should I play it anyways? What about that really old XCOM with the grey alien and the earth?

No. Yes. Idk.

Enemy Unknown/Enemy Within is not strictly required, but is still really good and you should still play it. The old ones are also not required, the new ones are a reboot of the series

Started a game yesterday but it just crashes randomly mid encounter

>What about that really old XCOM
XCOM UFO Defense? Yes absolutely. Terror From the Deep, not so much.

Download and use OpenXCom with it, so that you can run with interesting mods and total conversions when you finished the standard campaign.

XPiratez for the "post xcom, bad-end" gameplay in the style of Long War for XCOM1+2.

Attached: OpenXcomExpandedInventoryMod.png (642x804, 65K)

snek British Breakfast.

cold slimey clammy snake pussy sticking to you like a snail

They used to be complete bullshit, like seriously unfair levels of difficult, but the expansion reined them in a lot and they're much more manageable now.
Still expect them to fuck you up on your first playthrough.

IDLE SUPPRESSION MOD. Makes the battles 100x more lively.

Is there actually a story to this game and why Aliens invade or do we just play for tacticool.

>Breakfast
She wants your black pudding user.

Attached: Kilpatrick-Black-Pudding.jpg (800x761, 50K)

Yes, there's a story. The original game is lighter on the story than the reboot.

Yes there is a story. Just dont expect a grand epic here.

>Is there actually a story to this game
tl;dr version: "Ancient Aliens"

Attached: AndTheyCalledItHistoryChannel.gif (480x271, 2.05M)