Are there any videogames that give the feeling of how vast and ominous space is...

Are there any videogames that give the feeling of how vast and ominous space is? Like the concept of entirely different cultures and physics make you feel like an ant on an island

Attached: 1547939095257.jpg (540x474, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barnard_68
store.steampowered.com/app/314650/SpaceEngine/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_nebula
youtube.com/watch?v=egrSuidKqWo&t=226
youtube.com/watch?v=uD4izuDMUQA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fyi, scientists think that "cold spot" could be where our universe is pressing up against another universe. It's only a matter of time before we can travel to other realities with big tiddy anime girls.

kys misinfo niggers
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barnard_68

Attached: 1543582477515.jpg (768x1024, 89K)

You could play Kerbal Space Program without using the speed up time functions. Some trips will take you literally years or decades.

spore kinda made me feel like that, its not a great game but it really gives you this feeling, you watch your creature grow and when you go to space you see so many other starts and creatures that it would be impossible to conquer or even just visit them all

don't get my hopes up user

>Empty of both normal matter and dark matter

Brainlet retard here, I thought dark matter was just what makes up space entirely. isn't everything in between rocks in space and stars and other space shit dark matter?

Attached: 1550982128193.jpg (960x958, 215K)

Reminds of that episode of Star Trek Voyager where the crew is gonna have to go through an area of space with no planets, no stars, and nothing for like 5 years.

Attached: 1557311938766.jpg (470x362, 20K)

Sounds like no mans sky

That's just a cloud of gas in our galaxy not even half a light year across

don't believe every picture you see on the internet

All I said is that it reminds me of an episode of Star Trek

God is a fucking chaotic neutral trickster I tell you that.

Attached: 9009b48793844a8818a3ae514b0dcb1ca6cb25cfa0b1a3fa7628240bc629bd74.jpg (300x400, 96K)

that's not a picture of the bootes void OP

we don't actually have a picture of it because it's so fucking huge. The OP pic is some dust cloud blocking our view of the stars behind it

the actual void is a lot more boring then people like to admit, it's just and vast expanse of space with a only few stars around for millions of lightyears. Yeah it might be interesting to live in around one of those stars, you literally wouldn't be able to tell that there are any other stars by gazing at the night sky (of a hypothetical exoplanet)

Did somebody say ant?

Attached: EDF_2025_Classes.jpg (1000x563, 91K)

>there will never be a game spanning across myriad of years as one powerful immortal creature travels around the infinite expanse of the universe, seeing it in all its glory and terror, watching as the stars

Attached: 1529891993919.jpg (1114x1600, 899K)

>living on a planet with no other stars to observe at night
>never being able to be inspired to understand what’s out there since there’s nothing to visibly see
>absolute black at night (granted there are no moons)

Imagine thinking your planet and star are the only ones in the universe. That’s depressing, but would make for some awesome writing.

>devoid of dark matter
how would they know that. isn't detecting dark matter one of the biggest mysteries of the universe?

Attached: 1545508555214.jpg (600x600, 321K)

store.steampowered.com/app/314650/SpaceEngine/

Getting a proper release soon after being out for 10+ years. Can download it for free right now, by far the best Universe exploration simulator out there. Not really a video game but fits your wants exactly.

With the current expansion of the universe, that will be a reality for those who end up being born in a far ahead future.
Not to mention those who will get to experience a galaxy with only white dwarfs, after all the other types of stars have long stopped to exist.

EVERY FUCKING TIME

Attached: oy_vey.jpg (410x804, 110K)

STAR CITIZEN

Attached: TOO BIG FOR ME.gif (255x255, 513K)

Please no

God the universe is inconceivably awesome.

Attached: 1365469352535.png (337x554, 188K)

Ant on an island is too small a comparison to properly describe space

what the fuck is that

Elite Dangerous still has systems the playerbase hasn't even seen yet. If you go to a system that nobody else has been in and scan it, it gets named after you.
Game is awful though.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 73K)

>1 billion light years across
>All the lights are not stars but galaxies
Fucking hell now I feel so insignificant, what the fuck is the point of all this

>you literally wouldn't be able to tell that there are any other stars by gazing at the night sky

Attached: 1554904329611.jpg (700x700, 209K)

Thats the Bootes Void you money

"Dark Matter" is just a number fudge for the reason our gravitational calculations dont add up for how galaxies stay together. It probably doesnt even exist, its just a theory as for why our calculations do not add up.

False image. There are 17 galaxy clusters within the void

Perhaps the sad beauty there, would not be the loneliness. It would be consideration that eventually the universe may start to shrink again. By that time any new intelligent race that still managed to survive the struggle against the darkness, will likely never see the end coming.

They will never have the same knowledge we do and the evidence we currently have will be long gone by that time. They will believe that it has always been this way, and will not know what is coming.

Heres a better comparison: if the Sun was a white blood cell, the other end of the galaxy would be on the other side of the earth.

And thats just 1 galaxy out of billions.

You do realize that all the stars that you can see on the night sky with a naked eye are basically our close neighboors, right?

Observation. It was released a bit over a week ago.

Attached: Observation.jpg (1920x1080, 209K)

The language and knowledge of mankind cannot adequately describe the vastness of the universe

>born to early to explore the universe

Attached: 1559273725230.jpg (500x521, 135K)

just wait until you hear about the huge mass outside of the observable universe that's sucking galaxies out of it

We're going to the moon in 2024, you might be here for the beginning bruv

>bunch of fucking paid magazine reviews
okay but is the game any good?

Am I fucking crazy or does that dark matter void look like Chad?

>dUde tHis TeaM of 11 PeOPle toTalLy PaiD THeSE REVIews

How do you anons cope with the ultimate futility of human existence?

Attached: lis7.png (513x183, 21K)

TIME TO GO HOME BUGS

seems like a nice place to slap some servers

>tfw I'll never go down in history as the first man to breed with an ayy
Seriously though we will leave the shore of this planet at some point and hopefully I'll get to see it

Attached: 4d61e1af1305d77e5ee06552468b00bcd25806a3.png (600x558, 339K)

How did y'all feel about dat dere black hole?

Attached: Scale of the universe.jpg (3850x1925, 1.33M)

>Close
Not him but your retarded.

>taking shitty review sites seriously
>twitter meme
so its shit

Reminder that all elements heavier than iron are the results of old stars going supernova.

Your loss.

>Thats the Bootes Void you money
THATS A FUCKING DARK NEBULA YOU CREDITCARD
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_nebula

Void is filled with random singular galaxies, not stars.

it's likely that our models for explaining physics at galactic scales is incorrect, which is why we came up with dark matter

I thought the ever expanding universe was pushing galaxies on the fringes outside of the observable universe or something

it's fake you assclown

You wont

If they were incorrect, you wouldn't need dark matter to explain them. Modified GR would be enough.

What exactly?

see
It's not a void, it's just a bait misinfo pic

20,000 light years or so is pretty close when we're talking about cosmic distances

The scales not as big as youre asking for but its still a kind of scary game about space exploration

>your retarded
>your
delicious irony

Attached: outer-wilds-jovo-heten-jelenik-meg-a-problemas-eloeletu-jatek_1-6898.jpg (1920x1080, 175K)

Any hype for Moons of Madness??

Attached: Moons of Madness.jpg (1280x720, 72K)

Are there any games with good space exploration? Something like Space Engine but with more game

Attached: blackhole.jpg (2000x2000, 376K)

This. The gentleman's choice is space engine, all made by one based guy

Wow, /pol/ really does see the jews in everything.

Why would you store a server in an ass? That ones big but even so I doubt it could anything big

Dunno about game, but Knights of Sidonia does this pretty well in Yea Forums territory. Halo isn't half bad if you have the mind to pay attention.

>randomly get moments of clarity about time, space and existence
>always cause massive anxiety attack
Oh well.

youtube.com/watch?v=egrSuidKqWo&t=226

Attached: Senya Snowridge animated.webm (542x430, 1.71M)

I think I remember /m/ tricking me into reading this but I dont remember the name

Everyone should watch this youtube.com/watch?v=uD4izuDMUQA