Star Fox Assault was the highest point of the Star Fox series

Star Fox Assault was the highest point of the Star Fox series.

Lets discuss it and how badly managed the series is.

Attached: star-fox-assault-team.jpg (920x950, 323K)

No it wasn't.

Never listen to furries.

Attached: Miyamoto doesn't listen to furries.jpg (634x822, 128K)

>Best production values out of every game in the series
>Replay ability with the difficulty and score system
>Added onto the game with the introduction of ground combat style while also having rail shooting levels
>No fucked up gimmick controls
>Wasn't a failure like Zero
Search your feelings, you know its true

Attached: 1495694384636.png (1320x600, 700K)

Assault is a failure. What are you talking about?

Zero is a way better game, which is all that matters.

Attached: Star Fox Zero.png (130x186, 67K)

Literally all I want is a map pack for SF64 or a Starfox with Ace Combat controls.

Zero is better than Ace Combat lol.

>failure
>When zero is the game that not only killed the series but also all credibility Myamoto had with his forced motion controls

Or a Battlefront with Starfox characters. Or a game where you play as Star Wolf. Come to think of it, there's a lot of potential for this series. Why do they keep fucking it up?

Why do you keep using that low-res picture of Zero’s box cover, Cody? You can find a bigger one with less than 30 seconds of google searching.

He doesn't wanna put forth more effort than nintendo did when making the game.

>a game full of gimmicks is way better
ahahaha good one.

Zero was low-effort, low-content garbage. Shoddy and dull all around. Like with Paper Mario, Nintendo doesn't like the series and doesn't think it is worth any investment.

>Hurr Miyamoto

Is what why everyone is excitedly talking about Pikmin 4, Miyamoto's pet project?

>I want Star Fox be something it isn't

I suppose that's a silver lining. Forced motion controls is basically dead now, though I did have fun with Zero, beyond perhaps that stealth mission with the gyrocopter thing

Motion controls aren't going anywhere you cucks.

Attached: Arms.jpg (176x286, 23K)

>Mario 64? WHAT THE FUCK NINTENDO THIS ISN'T MARIO IT HAS TO BE EXACTLY THE SAME AS IT WAS WHEN THE FIRST GAME CAME OUT!!!!

I like Krystal please post Krystal

>WHAT MOTION CONTROLS NO ONE WANTS ANYTHING DIFFERENT

Star Fox isnt anything because the series is dead from Miyamoto meddling and lack of creativity.
No one want's or cares another remake of 64 because 64 still holds up just fine.

Aiming with the gamepad for almost everything just soured any enjoyment I might of had outside of seeing the old 64 levels remade with better graphics and effects.
Was I the only one who found Slippy's voice to be jarring as hell? His VA sounded like a women and wasn't even trying to sound like a guy or even a per-pubecent boy.

>Remade

Never played it confirmed.

yeh but nobody liked it

>game that fucking died less than a month after release
Splatoon was the only game to do motion controls right. Minimal and not overly complicated and experimental.

64 then Assault, why they didn't just try to improve Assaults formula blows my mind cause it's really good, also Assault has the best VAs in the series.

>A-Arms died.

LMAO you fucks are still memeing that? ARMS is a success story. It literally did better than Street Fighter V.

>last time I played it took 10+ mins to find a match
Its done for m8, It sold well but it couldn't hold the majority of its playerbase.

All they have to do is make a Halo clone or a Ace Combat clone and the series will be relevant again

To be fair most fighting games that aren’t super normie friendly like smash don’t hold player bases that well, especially new ips. You aren’t wrong though.

Japan can’t get into fps. Especially ones exclusive to a console. They lack the budget to compete with AAA western made games like Call of Duty and Battlefield.

Starlink was the best Star Fox game in years.

Assault made me horny for Wolf.

Its online died about a year after release, it still had free dlc for 6 months after release. It's just that Splatoon was so much better that people gave up on Arms.

That's normal user.
He's a sexy Wolf.

Krystal is cute

Attached: 1406591330762.png (809x580, 362K)

>*Gives you funny feelings in your pants that make you question your sexuality*
Heh nothin personnel.

Attached: wolf_o_donnell_by_kenket_db16lv1-pre.jpg (781x1023, 111K)

If the multiplayer had AI bots I'd say yes but as is not really.

Attached: FalcoCup.png (200x200, 33K)

Looks like generic furry art

Attached: Inquesitive Foxes.jpg (1548x669, 345K)

Star Fox Adventures contains genuine pin-up furry art.
Not even joking, it's a background element in the Great Fox's bridge.

Attached: mpv-watch_v=zIw7H_CsZig&list=WL&index=533&t=0s-00012.jpg (1280x720, 105K)

because gaming is about wasting time and especially money too with the unregulated gambling. nobody cares about new ideas or having fun its all about getting people addicted to pixels and exploiting them for cash

except for indies

can't even have cool anthro characters anymore because of you faggots

'member the 90's? I 'member.

This is the texture.

Attached: Star Fox Adventures Calendar.png (128x256, 47K)

based

>user, warped by years of Yea Forums sees it as some sort of wink to furfaggotry
>I just saw it as an in-universe equivalent of a playboy poster because the intro cutscene made the Great Fox seem like some sort of dudebro space garage with its rock and roll jukebox
Your too far gone man

Attached: 1530117412818.png (1500x839, 371K)

its a bunch of anthropomorphic characters what the fuck did you expect? if it was a human woman that would have been far more jarring

Krystal!

Attached: 1401130536369.jpg (567x800, 113K)

Really, it's more the fact that because they put the equivalent of a playboy poster in a dudebro anthropomorphic space garage, that there's some pin-up art that looks like it belongs on an early-2000s furry site. It has that exact look.

I just find it funny in hindsight.

>being this watsonian

the art style is shit yes, there are way better Assault/Brawl Wolf art

Attached: 229477.jpg (256x256, 22K)

I really wouldn't say it's the best game as it is, but the concept is sound. If they made a sequel and fixed a few things it would be an ideal direction for the series.
>campaign has 64's branching paths instead of a linear list of levels
>campaign levels handcrafted instead of just repurposed multiplayer maps, objectives consist of more than "shoot 10 sitting things"
>in the campaign you can choose your character like Star Fox 2, and utilize different ships and weapon loadouts
>improved on-foot controls and mechanics, maybe even eliminate "on-foot" gameplay entirely and instead have it like Starlink where your ship can switch between high-speed flight and more controllable hovering along the ground
>multiplayer expanded, includes bots and online functionality

Attached: 510c08b69bc0d7613e894a00995c9649.jpg (943x1200, 129K)

Actually that was 64. Assault fucked it all up. Assault had like 2 good levels, the first 1 and the last one. The rest was generic 3rd person dogshit. You only like it because it was the one you played when you were a kid.

Big deal, she'll never get a new model ever again. So with all the improvements in technology she will never gain actual fluff. Not even by Nintendo's underpowered standards. I'm kind of getting real sick of these threads posting the same old ass shit. You may hate on FF threads about the waifus, but they get new media that sparks NEW art. Just look at Tifa thanks to the remake. Shantae gets new art because she keeps getting new games like the 5th entry in her series. But this crap is played out. Even Isabelle fares better.

I like Krystal

Attached: 1401151593376.jpg (690x768, 223K)

I know this is just absolute dogshit tier bait to get (You)s but I'm gonna answer you just to keep the thread alive

my 13 year old self would tilt the camera down and try to look up her loincloth

If Zero was a way better game it would've sold more than like 200 copies. It's not even just muh gyro controls, I don't think reusing the SNES/64 format is viable in this day and age. 20 rail shooter stages that you replay endlessly was okay for the standards of the '90s, but that shit gets old fast, especially if not executed superbly.

I liked Assaults ground mode.

All it needed was more variety in enemy types and better level design instead of them being repurposed multiplayer maps.
Give us the ability to use gyro aiming along with stick aiming and it would be kino.

Attached: 1503831561617.png (186x216, 39K)

Why did they have to make him a daddy too, I'm obsessed

But, he was voiced by the same woman in 64 and Zero

Attached: Screenshot_20190531-175912.png (1080x1920, 288K)