Outer Wilds is fucking comfy

Outer Wilds is fucking comfy

Attached: ss_fe4a6504c49efa6e7cb9ecda7aeddb6f7451a2cc.1920x1080.0.jpg (1400x933, 118K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yJTJlieo6gk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>everpresent threat of a fucking sun kicking your shit in out of nowhere
>comfy
This game is giving me anxiety

>not getting to know when the supernova is coming and picking which bro to chill with as it comes

This, it was a comfy at first but once i understood what was happening the comfy was over

can you beat the game? cause i think i discovered everything except the ash twin project and idk what to do now

I dont see why
Theres no proper fail state, every death is a lesson learned
Unless you kill yourself on the ghost matter on Timber Hearth before the statue opens its eyes, in which case you get a You Are Dead screen and the credits roll

I am going insanely slow. Being a brainlet and playing exclusively while drunk makes progression a grind, but Im enjoying the solar system simulation greatly

Can anyone give a hint what to do near the end?

I cant get in Ash Twins and I don't know how to get to the Eye, I tried fixing the warp core in the Vessel, but that doesn't seem right

is this game even on PC?
Steam says TBD and the XBL store on windows doesn't have it.

Gotta rush to properly explore the planets before shit goes down

>didn't even realize it was out
>Steam still says TBD
>check twitter
>"Available now on Xbox and Epic!"
at least there's Outer.Wilds-CODEX

Attached: 1502557265555.jpg (796x806, 125K)

Theres no rush though
Take your time and enjoy the game

They announced it literally a month before release that it was chink store-only now, without even communicating their intent to backers who funded the development years ago

I'm stuck here too. The warp is broken, you need to find another one. You also need the coordinate to enter into the 3 hexagons if you haven't found them already (they're somewhere under sea).

Right now my only leads are the high forge but I can't figure out how to raise it or why I'm supposed to do it, and the other thing left to do is get something from the twin ash core (is that supposed to be the warp core needed? idk)

Shit I get scared by the stars in Elite Dangerous and this game is way worse than that. There's something about having this massive unbelievably powerful thing that you can't even get remotely close to and have to keep a mental idea of exactly where it is and what it's doing at all times or risk a horrifying death in flames that kind of gets me a bit fucked up. Visiting those twin planets is a truly unpleasant experience for me.

>explore the wierd seed thing in Dark Bramble
>get fucking eaten by three angler fishes
>explore Brittle Hollow
>a piece of terrain falls on me, knocking me off the blue rail thing I was riding, throwing me into a black hole which teleports me to the other side of the solar system
>explore quantum moon
>pretty neat for 15 seconds until the screen goes white and I get atomized because the moon decided to bump into the sun

This is not comfy, in fact it's so scary that it's affecting my ability to think rationally.

Attached: Horror Survival.jpg (512x512, 59K)

The only thing that fits that description even remotely is the sun, which doesnt move. And you can get quite close to it without dange.

I had a glitch where the planet I'm standing on just disappears out of nowhere, the textures vanish and I'm standing on solid ground with nothing but space all around me. Shat myself twice when that happened.

I already got the coords but thats a dead end for now, for the forge go to smelting district height, the glassy water tank has a button for the forge and so far bringing the broken cor from Brambles to the forge doesnt work

The game is more space terror than comfy really

For some reason the terror of losing your ship mid space was more severe in the original demo

I was talk about the sun, I know it doesn't move but the planet you're on moves and rotates which gives the illusion that it is. And it's not exactly a rational fear, otherwise nothing in video games would ever be scary.

The narrow FoV in the original demo made everything more scary

>"Entrance to observatory on Brittle Hollow is on the equator"
>Can't see the fucking planet poles when in your ship

Well trust me its still very scary when youre in deep space with nothing but a jetpack

Yeah good point
Games like this are probably a good way to face your fears user
I remember a lot of anons with fear of the open ocean said Subnautica helped them face that

>get teleported by one of those tiny black holes for the first time
>balls immediately retract into chest
>exploring on twin planet
>sand pillar sweeps over, blinding me and pulling me off the ground
>exploring derelict ship around gas giant
>can't tell whether the orbit is decaying while I'm on it
>explore in caves
>sand rises and traps me inside
>hop out of ship to look at something floating in space
>turn around and the ship has drifted hundreds of meters away
>WARNING: FUEL CRITICAL
it's terrifying

I finally got to the forge, thanks. Now to figure out a way to get into twin ash's core.

Look for the dome on the planet (north or south pole, I forget which one, it's a giant big green dome thing, can't miss it). Land then look for its entrance, there should be an audio log nearby. Follow the instructions of the astronaut from there.

Well I checked, its shelled off pretty solidly, I'm thinking we get in and then use the that core of Ash Twin Project for the Vessel, the only thing I'm not sure about is how to get in, maybe something with the masks?

I might have figured it out, the only way to get into the core (and get the warp core) is by using a teleporter from the other twin. I assume from there, you go back to your ship and fly to the vessel to swap the warp core.

Attached: yxx.jpg (417x571, 47K)

i played for a bit. met the guy in OP's picture. jumped into the black hole thing and was ported out to space for some reason. ran out of fuel, then alt-f4'd. what the fuck do you even do in this game? i dont think i will ever try it again.

It’s an Epic Store (timed) exclusive.

1 year?

Attached: SfMRQvr.png (132x20, 993)

Not sure, typically from what I read is 6 months.

Was interested in the game, but pirating the shit out of it now.

I see what you're saying, and I think you might be right, the only problem is that teleporter has no roof, so the sand gives you a succc

>not supporting game creators
This fucking shit is exactly why devs are flocking to Epic over Steam. Get the fuck out of here braindead cunts.

my money wouldnt have made a difference and i would have never bought the game either

Shit really? I'm still waiting for the sand to do its thing and uncover both towers. Shouldn't there be an entrance somewhere?

Its an exploration game user

looks like boring indie shit

so its just looking at stuff?

bruh, you were right, im such a brainlet

But you can take shelter between the teleporters, right?
Can you jump into it while the sandstorm is over it?

why does this game run so badly though? and why is there a capped frame rate too?

Doesn't the sandstorm stop during the last minute or so

Unity.

Why not just buy a digital xbone version to support the devs if the epic meme is such an issue for you?
>pirate game
>like it
>buy it through xbone
>?????

I would argue that would take too long to do anything after it, but you can juke it

shut up you fucking ugly rat faced tranny. not everyone is a moralfag paypig who wants to waste money on media. I bet you pay for Netflix too little bitch

What the fuck are you idiots doing which makes you lose the ship?

Smashed into something and it literally broke in half
Figured it was beyond repair

iirc the ship didnt stick that well to the planets in the original

>DURR FUCK EPIC NOT BUYING!!!!
>buy you can buy it through another place?
>FUCK YOU BUYFAG!!!!!
I didn't even buy it yet, you delusional monkey. Stop screeching. If you actually gave a shit about the game and wanted to support it, buy it through xbox is "muh epic store!!!!" is such a big issue for you.

Well fuck me, I got succed from the sand and using the warp that has a roof sends me onto the surface instead of the core. I guess you have to wait for the sand to go away but that means having very little time to wrap things up.

i didnt like it at all. i crash landed, looked around, ran out of oxygen and quit the game.

>getting filtered by a game with no combat
kek, good riddance.

Wait no, you're apparently supposed to hug the walls to not get dragged by the sand (the roof is not entirely destroyed so you can take cover) and wait until the warp pad activates, which takes a few seconds and is not instant. That should do it, no need to wait for the whole sand event to end.

Its about piecing together a mystery user

>and wait until the warp pad activates, which takes a few seconds and is not instant

what?

But Tim already paid for my copy when he bought them over?

>that bro on tornado land that's as chill as they come
>he knows your secret which just increases his chill factor even more
>he can teach you to chill so hard you die
Unequivocally based.

Attached: 1558160739278.gif (638x646, 3.93M)

It doesn't stick to the comet

>when you die when you havent activated the memory mask or pulled out the core the game ends instead of restarting

pretty cool

Either dumb video game logic or badly executed mechanic. You're not getting teleported instantly by stepping onto the warp pad and looking to the other twin as the sand pours onto you. Instead you have to take cover for a few seconds, wait for the sand to get on top of the tower and then walk on the warp pad to get inside the core.

>when the sun is about to asplode and this starts to play youtube.com/watch?v=yJTJlieo6gk
>when you pull out the core and an extended version of that song plays for the rest of the loop because it's your last shot
literal kino. LITERAL KINO.

wouldve been absolute kino if the game did a hard reset too if you died I just jumped into the sun without thinking because I had too little time for brambles

how do you get to the core though?

How the FUCK do I get to the fucking forge?
I managed to get there by placing my ship upside down once, but I fell off like a retard.
And the fucking teleporter on the ash twin just brings me to the outside of the planet.

It feels way to janky for it to be intended, is this really the way were supposed to do this?

First, go to the hanging city and retract the forge. The switch is in some glassy room on the meltwater district(2nd floor). Then, use the brittle hollow teleporter on Ash Twin.

You have to think with portals, user.

I activated the pad by shooting it with the scout so once you do that the portal works fine

For the lazy bums who can't search on their own

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:ef98b0a6b0e9a211658e2b9fed5bb86fbf109f5c

It is kinda janky. I was raging about it in another thread. You have to use the teleporter on Ash twin, the one with the broken roof that has another tower right in front of it. Stand near the far (away from sandnado) wall until the sand vortex is right above you and walk foward.

Already tried that. Did it once more just to be sure and it still teleports me to the fucking crust.
I'm starting to lose patience.

The way I and others have said to do it is correct so there's a communication error. Are you sure you're going to the tower teleporter on the sand planet? You have to use it upside down. Could you maybe take a pic of what teleporter you're using?

Fuck me, now I feel like a retard.
Managed to brute force it by placing my ship upside down using the tree near the entrance, but thanks anyway.

Has anyone tried "wrong" coordinates at the end?

Yes. Nothing happens.

Thanks!

All this time I thought this game was that new Obsidian game whenever it got brought up,but that's actually The Outer Worlds.
What the fuck is this game then?

Small-scale space exploration game. There was an alpha demo going around a few years back that got decently popular here

This is an old ass game, nigga. It was in alpha in 2014 and we used to play it for a time back then. This is the finished version of it.

Is this game worth getting? I don't care about Epic Store memes.

So does entering the Giant's Deep through any of the poles insta-fuck you?

Yeah, it's good. I'd recommend pirating it first just for a demo if you didn't already play the alpha, but if you're wondering whether or not it's a good finished product. Then the answer is yes.

There is literally a fucking magnet link in this very thread.

I mean someone literally spoonfed the whole thread pretty hard here so just pirate it and try.

I think everyone who plays video games should play this game. I think it's that good, and it's brimming with soul. Check the magnet link itt, mate.

find out and tell us

>several legit reasons to argue with that user yet retards choose to spout memes like a retarded teenager
I wish the most painful death upon yourselves

Exactly. If epic offered me a fuckload of money upfront I'd take it. It's so easy to pirate a copy of pretty much everything, I don't know why steam doesn't offer guranteed sales amounts

The world would be a better place if you killed yourself, user. Think about it

>I don't know why steam doesn't offer guranteed sales amounts

Because it's fucking stupid to do things like that which actively lose money for the storefront? Why are you trying to argue that Valve should do the same dumb as shit store exclusivity bullshit that Epic is doing? Nobody actually fucking benefits from that

>Try to get to southern observatory
>Miss forcefield jump
>Get sent to white station

>try to make chasm jump
>not enough fuel
>slam into rock face
>die
>also get thrown into the black hole

This game is fucking terrifying. When I turned around to see I was being sucked into a tornado on Giants Deep I nearly had a fucking heart attack. The low rumble and the wind sounds in this game are just intimidating.

Attached: 1555081995412.jpg (1280x720, 169K)

I almost shat myself a couple hours ago. I matched Giant's Deep's velocity in space and just opened the map to get my bearings on the current positions for all the celestial objects for a few seconds. As soon as I closed the map screen all I saw was the ship hurdling itself at the planet at breakneck speeds. God damn.

Just finished it, ending was pretty kino visually, but the story leaves me kinda "huh, ok?"

GO ON LAD

Attached: IMG_20190530_020053.png (696x493, 362K)

I'm gonna say it: the alpha had more soul

What was different?

based tim.

Attached: 1554334749838.jpg (1425x964, 200K)

What's the deal with the lakebed cave?

Difference was that the alpha had more soul, release doesn't have as much.

What makes you say that?
All the mysteries of the story can be explained if you explore enough.

Dark Bramble was a lot more spookier because you could only see a little past your face and not much further

what's the artists name?

Attached: 1558179348347.png (971x496, 1.13M)

narisokonai

super thanks user

Would have bought it if it wasn't on epic. But it's on epic so my copy was already bought thanks to guaranteed sales, which means I can pirate guilt-free.

about to start it up, pretty excited anons

Attached: good shit.png (536x59, 2K)

Well I guess idk what just happened in the ending, we touch/observe the eye and then everything just explodes?

fuck chyna and have fun

>Park ship on bottom of quantum tower
>Decide to wait it out
>Ship gets hit by something and I die from the impact
>Restart
Fuck sake

Did you skip the credits and epilogue scene or something?
That should make it pretty clear what you did at the end and what the consequences are.

On the Brittle Hollow? The ship probably got hit by a piece of the surface caving into the black hole.

Yeah, one of the suggestions I heard was to literally wait on Brittle Hollow with your ship for it to fall through. Certainly safer than trying to dodge falling shit and seeing when the fucking thing finally falls into the black hole

Are the tentacles story on Giant's Hollow legitimate? Is it another monster/hazard that leads to instant death?

brainlet here, but yea I saw it, just means the universe reset right?

Once I lost my ship so I was stuck floating around in space unable to control myself, and eventually started hurtling towards the sun and burned to death. Terrifying but also really cool.

I’m almost certain the mentions of the tentacle are probably either nonsense, refer to the jelliebros, who are harmless, or are possibly parts of the Orbital Probe Cannon.

The guy probably just saw the purple pulsating lines from the core and thought he saw giant tentacles

I jumped in the geyser at the beginning and had no idea it was actually gonna kill me

Sort of.
It resets, but it doesn't repeat. This universe is different compared to the previous one.
I'm not sure if I'm right about this, but that ship you saw fly by looked like the ship we flew in.
Which means our entire story, which is located in the computer of the ship, managed to survive.
Imagine finding out that the existence of your entire universe was possible due to a rookie spacetoad getting lucky enough to view the eye after dying possibly hundreds of painful deaths.

>found out how to remove the ship from the comet
>go back to the comet to see if there is something new
>literally nothing
Well that was disappointing

Uhh... care to tell me what Epic Launcher skin you are using? The downloader doesn't look like that on my version...

Attached: 1556147921767.jpg (500x500, 27K)

Is anything supposed to be down here?

Attached: Untitled.jpg (2556x1440, 1.81M)

Huh, I didn't even think of checking the comet after recalling the ship.
I wonder of recalling the ship on the quantum moon actually removes it from the quantum moon.

Probably, it did remove it from the comet, leaving an empty space

You cause another big bang
Also, you did solve the mystery of the moon for that extra bit of kino during the ending, right?

Wait, this game was released?

It's a hole it was made for you.

Yes, the magnet link has been posted in this thread, feel free to grab it.

How the fuck are you supposed to get the shine to appear at the north pole?

you can when you're in landing mode

The red jellyfish aren't harmful?

Sweet. Serves them right for taking the chink bucks

You know how to teleport while inside the shrine, right? Teleport until you're orbiting Ash Twins, then walk to the North pole(red one I think), and keep spinning in circles until the shrine pops up.

What the fuck is ghost matter?

any more exploration kino like this and rain world?

Myst

I don't know, man. I've had several "Oh Shit!" moments playing this game, and it still feels very soulful to me. The alpha was good too.

>when the extended version plays
I got goosebumps and had the biggest shit-eating grin on my face when that happened. I'll remember that moment fondly and forever.

Attached: 1558144309317.jpg (1280x720, 212K)

What is this?

A FUCKING VIDEO TO SOME FAT FUCK ON YOUTUBE NAMED BOOGIE2988

Attached: LOW.png (268x291, 118K)