Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Attached: 423423543.png (1516x839, 1.11M)

10/10 artstyle
charming spirit
pretty cozy world
gameplay fucking sucks and the game is mostly a bore

Why was the original version defaulted with inverted controls? Same with Mario Sunshine.

I played the original and the triforce hunting kills pacing.
Otherwise, it's a good game. I heard the HD remake does a better job with the triforce and the changing of winds.

shit game probably the worst of the series because of the childish art direction

played sunshine on dolphin recently. thought something was wrong with the emulator. really have no idea why the controls are like that, but I found a build someone made that gives you the option to invert the c-stick

Masterpiece, one of the best video games ever made.

did anyone else take a big black pig up to the highest point of the island and drop it off??

A lot of PS2/GC era games did it. Kingdom Hearts and Ratchet and Clank did it too for some reason.

Visually it's starting to show its age now. The art direction really carried it a long way but it's just not able to carry it anymore, if they created a new shader for it like the one used for the animated Spider-Man costume in PS4-Man it would really make this game shine visually all over again.

Analog sticks were still relatively new so maybe it was just developer preference prior to any sort of standard being written? I have no idea but Mike Stout and the other one in the R&C dev commentary(Youtube channel "uselesspodcasts") may have gone over it at some point. I remember them fighting over the controls every time they handed the controller over

never finished it

It's a fantastic game, but the last half/third drags on like a motherfucker.

Yes.

Best Zelda game.

Comfy. Soul.

My personal favourite Zelda when I played it on the GC. Will always hold a special place in my heart

Attached: 1552939610875.jpg (322x322, 19K)

Zoomers like to pretend it's some kind of classic masterpiece.

Everybody made fun of it when it was announced and most people hated it when it came out.

It was short (only 4 dungeons), cheaply lengthened by boring sailing sections that took forever on a practically empty ocean.

>boring sailing sections that took forever on a practically empty ocean
This has always been my major gripe about the game, the map is the worst one in all of Zelda in my opinion as there is barely anything worth investigating out there with most of your time dedicated to sailing.

Too Easy and the Dungeons are kinda lackluster. The ocean feels like a missed opportunity as well, but I partially blame the hardware there.

5th and 6th gen games are the reason why I always play inverted. It used to be the default and now non-inverted just feels fucking wrong.

My favorite Zelda game so far.

Great game. Wish they actually finished it, then it would get the respect it deserves from Yea Forums.

i iwsh they would release twilight princess and windwaker for switch

It'll probably happen sooner than later and probably as a multi-part collection including the 3DS remakes of OoT and MM.

ugh what is this kiddie cartoon shit this isn't like the demo they showed of ganon and link last year

i would buy it instantly. no regrets

>multi-part collection
No fucking way that'll ever happen, Zelda basically prints money at this point. At most you'd probably get the 3DS remakes in a bundle, but WW/TP will absolutely be solo (full price) releases.

WW/TP would be a collection if they were straight ports, however if they touched up both further from their Wii-U versions then yeah I could see them being sold separately.

It’s a good game. The sailing doesn’t really bother me. The Nintendo Gallery sidequest is super cool, but terribly implemented.

>WW/TP would be a collection if they were straight ports
Nintendo has literally nothing to gain from them being in a collection. People will buy the shit out of them regardless, just look at how every other Wii U port has outsold the original.

Supremely comfy, but since I've played it who knows how many times and there's so much padding, and the gameplay is in general pretty vacuous, that I probably won't play again.

Contrast this with TP, which I do not rate as highly as WW, and which I cannot bring myself to replay at all given the opening. But if I had a cheat to get past that instantly, I'd replay it a lot because the gameplay is tighter.

Lol

Soul

>did anyone else take a big black
Ooh?
>pig up to the highest point of the island and drop it off??
aw

Why is the UI so squished into the center?

There is no UI during regular gameplay. You may be thinking of a different term.

NINTENDO

The HUD; the health, energy, item equipments, d-pad and rupee counter.

>Only FOUR (4) Dungeons
>Absolutely none of the side content that Majora's had to go along with its four dungeons

An underrated classic. Overworld is comfy, there's a surprising amount of things to find and do for a 2003 game, sailing is immersive, and the widely panned Triforce hunt, despite its reputation as reflecting WW's cut dungeons, is actually when the game really opens up and invites the player to explore every nook and cranny of the map.

The dungeons are its only glaring flaw, as there are so few of them and they're all short, easy and poorly designed. Maybe the game would have been better off if the devs threw out dungeons entirely (like they did with BotW) to focus more on overworld-related activities. I'm sure it would have pissed off the dungeon purists but at least the game itself would have been uncompromising in its vision.

>underrated
Literally the opposite.

WW has a bunch of side content though. At least twice as much as TP, at the very least.

>underrated
>Features in practically every "best games ever" list
Imagine being this fucking delusional

Attached: soy_burmy.png (640x480, 671K)

That's what I reckoned you meant. If you're talking about why the HUD isn't at the horizontal edges of the screen, it's because Wind Waker is a 16+ year old Gamecube game and the world didn't have widescreen like it does today at the time. Fan mods for emulation have rendered it widescreen, which is not a perfect process.

Oh, so this is emulated! That explains everything, thank you!

I'm assuming a mod would stretch it and make it look terrible?

Great aesthetic.
Lots of charm.
Mediocre/bad everything else.

I guess I meant "underrated on Yea Forums", because I see people shitting on it a lot here and I think they tend to overlook WW's unique strengths.

>there's a surprising amount of things to find and do
>the widely panned Triforce hunt, despite its reputation as reflecting WW's cut dungeons, is actually when the game really opens up and invites the player to explore every nook and cranny of the map

god forbid you actually try to explore before the Triforce hunt, or youll be revisiting the same fucking locations again

delusional

>Mediocre/bad everything else

Good exploration
Satisfying, snappy combat
Decent enemy variety
Cool secrets

I don't know, man. Wind Waker did a lot of things right if you're willing to overlook the bad dungeons.

Whaddya mean mediocre/bad everything else? I thought that combat was fine and it felt like a real adventure sailing the seas and getting the shit spooked out of you by giant enemy squids.

Attached: 1528436524663.jpg (958x538, 90K)

It's true though.

Not counting minigames, Twilight Princess had:

>Poe collecting sidequest
>Bug collecting sidequest
>Hyrule Castle Town donation sidequest
>Malo Mart expansion sidequest
>Hot springwater sidequest
>Bridge repair sidequest
>Howling stones
>Hidden grottos (without puzzles and only one room)
>Caverns
>Cave of Ordeals

Not counting minigames, Wind Waker had:

>Skull Necklace collecting sidequest
>Gold Feather collecting sidequest
>Joy Pendant collecting sidequest
>Knight's Crest collecting sidequest
>Blue Chu Jelly collecting sidequest
>Lenzo's errands sidequest
>Pompie and Vera gossip sidequest
>Photo sidequests for Minenco, Kamo, and Linda
>Maggie's letter sidequest
>Thieving Mila sidequest
>Windmill repair sidequest
>Killer Bees sidequest
>Curing grandma sidequest
>Goron merchant trading sidequest
>Korok tree sidequest
>Nintendo Gallery sidequest
>Great Fairies
>Sea charts
>Fishman map charting
>Big Octo spots
>Hidden grottos (with puzzles and/or multiple rooms)
>Submarines
>Savage Labyrinth

cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute

Attached: 1552514362884.png (430x350, 9K)

I want BOTW Wind waker

So wind waker but with even less content?

Love it. The "childish" cell-shaded artstyle holds up way better than Twilight Princess' attempt at realistic graphics. The music accents the combat, making it more exciting than Twilight Princess. There's a greater sense of openness than the other 3D Zelda games, though there isn't enough to do in the Great Sea. Overall, the second best Zelda I've played, Link to the Past being the best.

Attached: Beedle.png (399x549, 247K)

Seriously? BotW has way more content than WW.

>>Skull Necklace collecting sidequest
>>Gold Feather collecting sidequest
>>Joy Pendant collecting sidequest
>>Knight's Crest collecting sidequest
>>Blue Chu Jelly collecting sidequest
none of these are sidequests. you can hit enemies with the grappling hook and get the items faster, theres no reason at all to get them from chests
>Goron merchant trading sidequest
extremely pointless and horribly implemented. You shuttle between exactly TWO gorors and have to pay them each time to advance it
>Fishman map charting
does literally nothing outside of fullfilling autism
>Sea charts
a mandatory part of the triforce quest
>Hidden grottos (with puzzles and/or multiple rooms)
>savage labyrith
>ghost ship
>submarines
all literally the exact same thing, giant rooms with groups of enemies

i like how you people say all this shit and still forget the triforce shard hunting part which was the main replay killer

It's practically impossible to die in this game because the most damaging thing is a fucking pig's attack

a slow pig not a fast one

I’d sacrifice dungeons for more outdoor puzzles, climbing everything, shield surfing and paragliding
Hell give me The Flash’s boot and let me run across the water and fighting giant sea monsters while running at the speed of sound

>Good exploration
I really like WW, but the exploration aspect was absolute shite. Just about every island that's not story relevant is either a barren rock with a barebones puzzle hiding a bottle/heart piece/treasure chart, or a barren rock with an enemy closet hiding a bottle/heart piece/treasure chart.

dont forget, you can get grandma's medicine incredibly early in the game and make taking any damage at all trivial

>counting picking up random shit dropped by the many enemies you'll be facing as a sidequest

>implying they even put PoH or bottles behind puzzles

Attached: the third chqart is a triforce shard.png (640x478, 427K)

>none of these are sidequests.

They're quite literally sidequests. You collect a certain amount of a specific item and give them to the NPC. How you collect them has nothing to do with whether they qualify as a sidequest.

>extremely pointless and horribly implemented. You shuttle between exactly TWO gorors and have to pay them each time to advance it

Still better than any of the boring tripe in TP.

>does literally nothing outside of fullfilling autism

You're an idiot. It completes your map and also gives you extra info/lore about the island you're visiting.

>a mandatory part of the triforce quest

Play the game. A ton of those charts are optional.

>all literally the exact same thing, giant rooms with groups of enemies

Wrong. The Savage Labyrinth is an enemy gauntlet with several floors equivalent to TP's Cave of Ordeals. The grottos don't just have enemies, they also sometimes feature puzzles and several rooms.

>The Savage Labyrinth is an enemy gauntlet with several floors
oh Im sorry, its MULTIPLE large rooms full of enemies, thats totally different then the grottos and ghost ship that are just giant rooms full of enemies

>Still better than any of the boring tripe in TP.
not an argument

>They're quite literally sidequests
collecting loot from enemies is not a sidequest

i'm a huge zeldafag and while it's not my favorite its strengths outweigh its flaws.

I feel it's a bit overrated though. Personally I hated how tedious sailing could be in the original and how most of the overworld was water. I very much dislike doing a puzzle and being rewarded with a map to a random portion of the ocean where i have to haul up my prize. The triforce hunt sucks.

I enjoyed the sidequest in ocarina of time to get rupees off enemies to buy bombchus

I see people all the time overrating this game

>thats totally different then the grottos and ghost ship that are just giant rooms full of enemies

Exactly. Nobody considers the Bloody Palace in DMC games to be the same as ordinary enemy rooms, it's a separate thing. Nobody classifies the Cave of Ordeals as another grotto in TP because it's a separate thing. Glad you can tell the difference between an increasingly difficult gauntlet and a simple room.

>not an argument

I was comparing those two games.

>collecting loot from enemies is not a sidequest

Anything involving optional NPC interaction, quest completion and a reward is a sidequest.

its not a seperate thing, because its LITERALLY the same enemies, just more of them through more rooms. I dont give a shit what people consider it in DMC, thats on them

>Anything involving optional NPC interaction, quest completion and a reward is a sidequest.
I bet you think buying the kokiri shield in OoT was a sidequest too

Yes. Countless hours of trying to get it into the forest too

Go play the game and actually finish it this time

You're wasting my time at this point. Nobody considers the Savage Labyrinth to be the same as a grotto when it has its own equivalent in other Zelda games, but even if they did, WW still objectively has twice the sidequests of TP.

Cute and funny.

Attached: Medli.jpg (1865x1055, 208K)

nah, gameplay and world are also good.

nice meme fetish my man

If you were playing on dolphin, you could have just mapped the controller inputs in reverse yourself. Idiot.

The PADDING Legend of PADDING Zelda: PADDING Wind PADDING Waker

>wwhd
>miiverse dead
>no more sending people tingle botttles
This is the real bitch

>PADDING

What would you have done differently, then? Make the entire game on rails?

why not? the first half of the game did it

Attached: you have to get the three pearls first, link.png (1280x960, 932K)

When the fuck is Wind Waker 2 are my thoughts. Or at least a game that has a similar art style.

The first half of the game sucked. All the dungeons were piss easy, you couldn't even go off-course until after the Forest Haven and even then you were item-gated out of most of the islands. Everything in between the dungeons was mandatory busywork.

The second half of the game is better. Getting to the Mother and Child Isles, obtaining the Iron Boots and Power Bracelets, and collecting the Triforce Shards are nonlinear activities that can be done out of order and also require the player to go out and explore.

Phantom Hourglass came out in 2007, nigga.