Thanks for beta testing, PC nerds

Thanks for beta testing, PC nerds.

mynintendonews.com/2019/05/31/baldurs-gate-dragonspear-expansion-baldurs-gate-ii-planescape-and-neverwinter-nights-coming-to-switch/

Attached: baldurs_neverwinter.jpg (1560x897, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/vr/thread/5402232#p5408278
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""enhanced""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" editions

Thanks for funding BG3

BG is literally on phones.

I hope you enjoy them. They were terrible on PC, and you were better off playing the original versions.

What makes them so bad? I have Planescape in my backlog and I keep telling myself I'll get around to it eventually but I'd like to experience it in the best way possible for when that day finally comes.

Beamdog is a guilty of a number of different crimes. Here are the major ones.

1. The Enhanced Editions are essentially a collection of free mods that had existed for nearly twenty years. Beamdog gathered them all up, slapped "Enhanced Edition" on it and resold it as a new product. There's very very little in the Enhanced Editions that wasn't already out there, and most of it is stuff you don't want (like obnoxious character outlines).

2. The games didn't sell so well and the originals were still far outselling them, even twenty years after their release, so Beamdog had EVERY digital distributor stop selling the originals and ONLY sell the Enhanced Edition. If you want to buy a digital copy of the originals now, they're "bundled" into the Enhanced Edition. Now these scumbags can claim sales from people just wanting to buy the originals as their own.

3. The infamous 600+ bugs on launch. The game is still riddled with bugs (as even a perfunctory glance over their forums show) but the fact that it took nearly two years for them to get a game that had been working fine for 20 years to reach playability after launch is telling of their wild incompetence.

4. This is where we get to the ones that really piss people off. Beamdog couldn't just remaster the game, they had to fuck with the content too. New dialogue for existing NPCs like Jaheira, Viconia, Safana, Kivan, et cetera was written in to make the characters more progressive and leftist friendly. Beamdog shills will argue that "adding content isn't changing content XDDD" but it is when the new content changes the core personalities of the existing characters. This is in addition to adding a slew of their own LGBT (hitherto there were none in Baldur's Gate) NPCs, all flooded with OP attributes and magic items to encourage people to play them despite their cancer.

5. Siege of motherfucking Dragonspear.

6. warosu.org/vr/thread/5402232#p5408278

Attached: Beamniggers.png (661x245, 39K)

>enhanced editions

Attached: 1281721653197.jpg (312x312, 55K)

>enhanced editions
Oh boy, I wouldn't be too proud of that.

Attached: 1559128896955.png (386x376, 254K)

Well shit, I had no idea it was that bad. I appreciate the help.

youre welcome, god knows you guys need any game you can get.

Attached: 1550156152491.jpg (960x726, 284K)

Is planescape torment a meme or should I get it for the switch? Been curious about it since I first got addicted to this god forsaken site

They are also coming to Xbone and PS4 too.

its one of those games you only play for the story

Not the guy you're quoting, but fucking wew lad.

I was mildly excited about this announcement, but I don't wanna have an experience that's been ruined in that manner. I'll try playing them on PC sometime. I'm guessing all of these ''''Enchanced'''' editions suffer the same issues?

exclusives are always bad, everything should be multiplat

>planescape / icewind dale

let's put a largely narrative driven game with a game like icewind dale which is purely mechanical grognard dungeon crawling

why?

Thanks for eating our leftovers, Switch shitters.

Isn't Planescape 'words words words' the game?

>NWN without mods
big yikes

Its more like constantly updating your journal: the videogame

Attached: UPDATED MY JOURNAL.jpg (320x180, 24K)

But people say the ending sucks?

So say i hate old crpgs where you have to click to do everything and would much rather wasd to move around. Can i play it like that for the story or do i have to suffer right hand only like most old mmos?

Planescaoe: Torment EE is the definitive way to play the game, don't listen to that dude.

And it's terrific!

Can you at least make a decent case for it? I'd like to believe you but the other guy provided evidence for why it should be avoided.

they didn't add any of their own bullshit to PS:T, the only thing they did to the text is to proofread it and correct things as needed, and that was done by Chris Avellone himself. otherwise the game runs easier on modern systems and is in widescreen, etc. it's the most non-offensive of the beamdog ports

You can check out the playthrough Avellone and his friend did when they were promoting it, but like the other user already said, none of the bullshit that the other dude was ranting about was in the game, they updated the textures and made a couple of welcome changes that made it easier to play without impacting the game in any negative way.

That's really good to know, thanks.

Sweet!

this. FUCK beamdog

I've never once seen someone say the ending sucked. Combat is trash, but the story is one of the best in all of gaming from start to finish.

you guys realize this is a insomniac with a hateboner for anything beamdog who posts this on anything relatively to due with beamdog right?

most of his points don't even make sense

>ee is a collection of mods
what mods do a remake of the alternate infinity lighting engine? or the other qol features it brings?
>new npcs
you can tell them to fuck off every time you encounter them
>SoD
good thing it was an expansion and adds zero stuff to the actual baldurs gate experience

also about time you add another point to your shoddy list

inb4 shill for being devil's advocate

Attached: 1527655798169.jpg (588x598, 75K)