Bought this and really enjoying it. Can you guys give me some starting tips? What is the whole buy the Bull thing?

Bought this and really enjoying it. Can you guys give me some starting tips? What is the whole buy the Bull thing?

Also Pathologic 2 thread

Attached: cuque.jpg (1200x684, 54K)

THREADLY REMINDER:

BUY THE BULL
DON'T BUY CANDY WRAPPERS
DON'T SUMMON THE TRAIN
DON'T MAKE DEALS WITH THE PLAGUE
ESCAPE WITH YOUR WIFE WHEN YOU CAN

Attached: 1493788273432.jpg (643x400, 120K)

Didn't buy the bull, but I choose to live with my mistakes.

Rubin is an idiot and a fuck up. The kids are the only thing that matter. Tell Bachelor and Changling to go fuck themselves at every opportunity

Is killing people advisable to get their organs?

the bull's thing comes around later in the game, he makes for a cute pet. And as far as the tips are concerned I have a few from my own experience. It’s always good to collect a lot of herbs, always drain corpses because it doesn’t diminish your scalpel or reputation. Don’t be afraid to barge into houses and still shit, the owners won’t attack you as long as they don’t see you opening the drawers, press C often, it’s your friend. Sneaking allows for greater attacks, you can sneak upon a nerd and bash em upside the head, and then give em the normal power attack. This, however, also applies to YOU, meaning a mugger with a knife can virtually one shot you if you have your back turned. Blocking is also great, it will counter 100% of melee damage and a good chunk of knife blades as well, but don’t hold block for too long, only when there’s punches coming your way, holding it all the time will trigger the attackers to break block. Be shrewd with your time. Don’t be afraid to accept defeat and make a new game profile if you believe your playthru’s been fucked beyond help.

Only if you can get away with it. go out at night and murder the local murderers. just try not to bust your scalpel so you can draw their blood too

Rubin is a loyal friend and probably the true successor to Isidor, unlike that stupid fucking traitor who left town at the first chance and probably killed Isidor himself, and I'm sick of all these people calling me a goddamn idiot.

There's a lot of organs you can get from the muggers and looters at night, but sometimes it's a very risky game due to them being armed with knives
what the user said, it's usually best trying to keep your weapons in the first tier of damage, because the more damaged it gets the harder it becomes to fix it for you
wait, is this Rubin speaking

Yes?

He bought ze bull?

Attached: 1558887399226.jpg (600x400, 61K)

Can't hear you with that foppish outsiders dick in your mouth, Neck yourself. The true heir is trying to get shit done

Realistically 200 for a bull is a pretty good deal, that's a lot less then a loaf of bread.

Thanks. Can I really just steal shit from houses? Even if I am sneaking it says "They'll know". It really scares me off from trying.

doomp ze pill market

Try not the ruin your reputation, barter is king. but if you have to...just make sure you have enough needles

Don't actually buy the bull

>and probably killed Isidor himself,
>he doesn't know who Isidor's killer was

is the Wonder Bull achievement connected to not naming the bull?

No. You just talk to it on day 12.

Ah, thank you, I just assumed it was connected to it coz it was his original name and all

when

Attached: dany.png (511x309, 162K)

Everybody knows it was a clay witch. Probably that Maria Kain.

You're already taking a reputation hit from harvesting the organs so you definitely don't want to kill an innocent at the same time

>he didn't find out on day 10

>tfw no inquisitor gf

Attached: 1544660671358.jpg (1268x810, 558K)

can't wait for snek doctor

Attached: pb9ngmRCF41wu3pawo1_500.jpg (370x750, 101K)

So they are making it an episodic thing? With Haruspex being first?

kickstarter backers will get all them for free when they came out. It's due to the recession and sanctions that were laid on russia in past 5 years so yea, they're forced to charge for the new characters, but I'd buy them regardless if anything honestly, I just want clara's campaign to be done justice rather than the haphazardly put together storyline we got for her in first game where most of the time we actually just baby sat bachelor and haruspex

i hope so
mark in the ending says "now we need a man who will fight the death!" and artemy says "uh-huh good luck with that one"

Attached: oa9wo2_.png (1000x897, 362K)

Ah, that's fine. I just hope Haruspex doesn't have the "find me 50 fucking pills Burakh" quest in the original. Yeah, I heard clara got the short stick in the original.

There is a surprising amount of cuties in this game. And here I thought the "west" can't design pretty female faces anymore.

They're not western, they're slavs. Women there still look like women

ye if you actually manage to save all the adherents you get invited into the theater (you can achieve this with all three characters) and you get a meeting with the developers. In clara's case they actually explain why her campaign was so shit where most of what you actually did is chase around the town in search for your sister, like in the last 5 days there are quests where you have to find the other clara and tell her to go away. You're free to NOT do it, and then go to haruspex and tell him her location, he will give you a panacea. So the devs explain that they were all pressed for time and had to mash in all the shit because the development time was ending and they didn't have time to make her compelling, that's why she felt like a literal deus ex machina - "lmao i can make miracles happen"
thats because pathologic devs are russians, and slavs don't really care that much to appeal to certain groups, just look at andromeda, and the whole thing of making females ugly on purpose. All the gorls are actually waifu tier in this game

Clara's plague half seems genuinely supportive to you, no matter what you decide, on day 11.
Now I'm really confused about what the fuck's going on with her.

>Fairy godfather!
lmao

yes i was surprised that she was dying at day 12 town ending, that means plague clara was a protagonist all along

Attached: j5543ml.png (1200x1281, 337K)

Duality and contradiction are a big part of Clara, obviously

>plague clara was a protagonist all along
W-Wait, what?

Is there a manual for the steam version of this game?

I'm not even convinced they're different people, desu

If I remember correctly from the first game, protagonist Clara is the one who brings the plague into the cathedral, not the other one. I think the idea is the "evil twin" is spreading it on purpose but the one you play as is still a carrier. I'm not entirely sure, though.

Well, damn. Maybe I should finally play her side of the story myself.

That only comes up if there are regular townsfolk nearby. Infected or abandoned houses are fair game. Taking blood is completely harmless, so always do it when you have the option.

Stealing from "regular" districts is basically trading your reputation for items. There is simply no way around the trade systems.

I got it on 12 though.

Anyone else kinda sad you can't carry 60 bottles of water in your pockets with no consequence anymore?

Fucked up how empty bottles sell for more than water bottles

Just upgrade your inventory its easy.

He talks on 11 too. Since it's the worst day you'll face.

Of course, the damn animal doesn't even say anything worthwhile.

I think they just forgot to disable the flag

You lie

Attached: 5867302679534.png (419x238, 84K)

I had my first inventory expansion done on day 2 user. Only reason I didn't have it maxed at the end is cause I never found an army cloak.

I ganked a bunch of soldiers and never got one either.

>trade that shit away like mad in Classic, smothered in bandages and tourneys
>try that shit in 2
>bandages don't heal for fuckall
>the ol' morphine-soaked bandage before you fall asleep combo doesn't heal for fuckall
>day 4 hits and water is no longer easily available
I feel like 2 was specifically designed to fuck you over if you played it like a retread of Classic.

Not that I mind, it's good to feel stressed and anxious as fuck again.

Attached: 1559205291100.jpg (750x571, 238K)

Same here.

How do you upgrade your inventory? It just happened to me one day

>tfw only upgraded on day 6 or 7 because I couldn't find the basic fucking coat

At your base.

I'm drowning in lockpicks and can never finish quests in purged districts because I keep fighting the bandits. What's a good place to get rid of the lockpicks? Who will pay the highest price?

Doesn't the Hospice lady give you one on day 2?

really? I found the morphine really effective as long as you sleep for at least 3-4 hours.

dis guy

Attached: 95678435672.jpg (1280x720, 34K)

Saburov's militiamen trade them for food, ammo and pills.

Maybe it's that they made the infection worse? I had to restart my first playthrough because I did some retarded-ass shit like comb through every drawer in an infected house not knowing about infected drawers, got my infected bar like a third of the way full, and tried to sleep it off with morphine and bandages. Died in my sleep no matter how much I used.

Lesson learned though, I'm an idiot.

Trade for toast/morphine with the village dudes. Grief buys them but for pennies. Dead item shop also takes them.

You can use them as disposable oneshot weapons. Just aim at enemies throats/heads with charged attacks.

>got my infected bar like a third of the way full
Yeah, that's death. The sand pest doesn't fuck around in 2.
Morphine heals something like 20-25% health per hour, but it doesn't matter if you're starving or dying from infection.

You get your first upgrade with your inheritance. After that you need to make them yourself in your lab.

Yeah, I noticed. I'd figured it was like Classic where not getting infected required constant savescumming and mad angel-dodging skills and you try to keep the bar low rather than waste schmowders, but clearly in 2 you want to avoid getting infected in the first place at all costs.

Is this game short?

I'm so tempted I love these story type games walking round making choices but if it's short I can't spend the money.

Yeah its pretty easy to avoid infection in 2 as long as you're prepared.

Expect 30-50 hours, and it's not really that type of game.

You will probably get a lot more than you bargained for.

In what sense?

There's a lot of walking yes but it's also got fairly brutal and unforgiving survival mechanics, fist/knife-fights, surgeoning, doctoring, potion-brewing with human organs, and a shit ton of bartering. It's going to be the anti-comfy, if that's what you're looking for.

It makes up for it by being incredibly engaging, atmospheric, and simulates extremely well watching everything descend into hell around you. It won't be fun but it won't be forgettable either.

There aren't really story decisions, which I assumed is what you meant by "walking round making choices". You're making decisions at all times, but they're almost always based on your resources. You will sometimes make a decision that affects a character, but it's usually in a pretty minor way.

This game takes place in 12 days. Each day takes about 2 hours. A straight run-through would take you 24 hours at least.

did I broke day 6?
have talked to rat prophet.
have taken organs for hospital daily job.
have spoken to murky but the meeting is at night
there's really nothing to do on the map, and the only NPC infected at the moment is the dumb stamatin. it's cool to be have a day free to scavenge houses but something feels wrong

Ahahahahahaha

I'm not sure what the trigger is but there's a major thing you can do starting today. You'll make progress towards it for sure if you brew and test a tincture made from each kind of organ

Did you buy ze BVLL?

Attached: Ze BVLL.png (1920x1080, 3.91M)

You're missing something crucial that could potentially damage your entire run.
It needs to be done before 7:30 the next day.

shit, i don't really want to do that, but i can guess now i have the time to dedicate doing it. fuck infected brains tho, they never drop

I beat the game and have no idea what you're talking about.

It's priceless, but you can still get by well enough even if you miss it desu.

Early panacea. Rubin dies for it if you don't figure out how to make it during act 3.

>spoiler
Aside from wanting to keep them alive, why does that matter?

Whispering into the ear.

>he doesn't want to keep as many people alive as possible
You're a shit emshen, emshen.

Yeah but you said damage the entire run.

I disagreed with it, user. Short of never trying to heal anyone, ever, it's pretty hard to sabotage an entire playthrough.

Oh, right. Yeah I don't think it really matters much when you can easily stockpile like 10 shmowders and you get access to 5-6 panacea on day 9 anyway.

How was the optimization update? The game stuttered like a motherfucker for me on release, I had to refund it.

Attached: 1543971065925.jpg (1280x720, 53K)

You can just as easily get fucked over by infection rolls too. I think I got very lucky in my playthrough and I still crossed the last day with 0 shmowders and panacea left, and 3 people dead from the sand pest.

You saved every character?

Anyone played the boardgame based off of this?

Every kid. Lara, Grief and Yulia died since I just couldn't manage their infection. A couple others died for other reasons.

Oh, if its just the kids its no problem. I never had to worry about infection rolls because I just cured them whenever they got infected. I had 1 panacea left over at the end.

If you fuck up the cycle of 12 days, what is NG+ like?

the void is 90% off on steam if anyone is interested

>NG+

You fail to escape your fate, user

you get told your acting wasn't good enough

That house with the baby inside

I legit wanted to quit the game. That shit was damaging to my psyche.

what's the latest update code
want to verify if the gog version has it yet which i don't think it does

Is the story a continuation meaning I need to play the first one or can I jump on 2? I've always looked at Pathologic but never got it.

>pick up baby
>it takes up inventory space
>drop it on floor
It's fine, I'm a doctor!

its a sequel and a remake

This is a "re-imagining" of the first one, so don't worry about it, the plot is largely similar

>"""""doctor""""""
where's your degree, huh?

Cool stuff, thanks anons

I've learned what some of the sounds mean, but what the hell does the cat's meowing mean?

>try to save baby
>can't get inside, too many plague clouds, no lockpick
>abandon baby while it screams for help
>the screams never stop, no matter how far away you go

Attached: 1554540114331.jpg (600x600, 333K)

Light up lamp, it scares dust monsters. Baby shouldn't be behind a locked door.

Well it was. Twice.

Unless there's more babies, then you're fked.

Rip. I only saw one bay so far, thought you were talking about that one lol

Its probably just completely random. They can spawn in various houses and on various days.

I just bought this game and have no idea what it's about but I like weird occult fantasy shit. What am I in for?

anxiety, constant resource management, the feeling of being over worked and finally mugging a stranger to steal his piece of stale bread

Imagine if a dev was successfully able to make a game where you felt as if you were on the verge of completely fucking up everything you were doing and were constantly just managing to avoid it.

Sounds like my real life desu

Is it spooky or just anxiety inducing?

it can be creepy, but there's no real jump scares or anything like that, more a creeping dread

It will leave you traumatized without ever using a single jumpscare.

but can the babies die?

They get super ebola

ebola-chan be praised

Sand pest is kinda like ebola-chans yandere cousin

what the fuck is aspity's deal, then?

It's a starvation and failure simulator

Does anyone know what triggers the "voice of the plague" lines? I want to hear them all.

Getting infected. Doesn't go away even if you cure yourself.