Super Mario Maker 2

Are you still hyped for it?

Attached: 1559256950372m.jpg (1024x576, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2gd_bU8Hsh8
nintendolife.com/news/2019/05/it_looks_like_super_mario_maker_2_will_include_same-screen_multiplayer
youtube.com/watch?v=jO6vOh1Agi4
youtube.com/watch?v=0o9leHqRISE
youtube.com/watch?v=APOpjc76Pk0
youtu.be/jPi-u0D8sQ4?t=537
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No, no online with friends is fucking retarded.

My b-

I was then I realized how much potential there was in this game

youtube.com/watch?v=2gd_bU8Hsh8

I'm not even talking about the game styles but the varied level themes.

I was hyped
Then found out about online
Was mega hyped
Found out online was retarded
Now I just don't know

the online multiplayer shit has really dampened my hype. I didn't buy the first one so I was sort of excited for this despite preferring 3D Mario over 2D and the multiplayer was my tipping point to have this be a must buy but after hearing it's with randoms only I really don't know if I want it anymore. I'm not the creative type so my mileage will vary and multiplayer is what my main draw for this was

Attached: 1558925175582.jpg (946x1189, 474K)

Not really, no. Losing Mystery Mushrooms hurt more for me than the stupid online though.

Not anymore, no.

Eh. I'm not going to buy it. My friend is getting it and I'll just get my fix by doing local multiplayer when we hang out. If I'm going to do level design I'd rather use that time to work on my own game

Never cared about multiplayer, so yes.

Same here. I'm still getting it, but the lack of costumes cut my hype from a ten to a five.

Yup, only normies care about multiplayer.

>MM2 gets revealed
>Hype 8/10
>Direct reveals that MM2 has online play
>Hype 9/10
>No online play with friends
>Hype 8.5/10

If you were gonna buy the game before the online features were revealed, and then changed your mind just because the online doesn’t let you play with friends, you’re retarded

More like

>MM2 gets revealed
>Hype 9/10
>Direct reveals that MM2 requires Nintendo Switch Online
>Hype 7/10
>No online play with friends despite paying for it
>Hype 6/10

You might be the retarded one.

Yes
can't wait to flood the game with kaizo

Your post is completely irrelevant, I didn’t say anything about requiring NSO or anything. I said if you decided to not get the game just because you can’t play with friends, you’re retarded

FPBP

You don't need to say anything about requiring online. The fact is you're forced to pay for the online despite it being limited garbage, even if you want to just play single player. At least before people thought it was fully featured.

Yes
I don't have friends so it wasn't much of a problem for me

Attached: 1450217188812.jpg (846x1500, 754K)

>If you were gonna buy the game before the online features were revealed, and then changed your mind just because the online doesn’t let you play with friends, you’re retarded

Wrong. If Nintendo can half ass online theres no telling what else they fucked up. Before online was confirmed it was a guaranteed buy for me. Now Im just skeptic and on the fence.

If you cant see how people would feel like this you might be a bootlicker.

I hate this meme that everyone who isn't SUPER EPIC HYPED about MM2 is "nitpicking".
My play time for MM1 is just a bit short of 2000 hours. I'm starving, and really just want more features to play around with. That's not crazy for a sequel, right? I'm not asking for 'Dreams', here. So when the Nintendo Defense Force tries to unironically argue things like the Moon features being forced at night-time, or the lack of basic enemy types, or multi-fucking-player being unusable with friends, I just don't get it.

Attached: 1546873723025.jpg (1200x675, 72K)

Wario Maker when?

Not at all. I was hoping for a comfy game I could play with friends. But Nintendo is once again making multiplayer for people who live in population densities similar to an ant hill. Instead of giving us all kinds of knobs and dials to tweak, were going to have to wait for Yuzu or another Switch emulator to fix all these problems.

I mean, they are adding multiplayer with friends eventually, right?

>local multiplayer
You need the game to play with friends

With enough outcry probably. This game's biggest selling point was the addition of slopes, so it won't be all too surprising if they did add in friend lobbies down the road as part of a free patch or some shit.

Attached: 1555691188681.jpg (636x480, 30K)

Now read his sentence again. You can do it user.

Yes but this is mario maker 2, you can't play the actual game with friends locally. Each player needs their own switch and game.

“Forced”
Don’t buy the game sonny
Or don’t be poor

Attached: 458478B6-B2C7-4D8D-8745-6D01A783735F.png (250x202, 55K)

>you can't play the actual game with friends locally. Each player needs their own switch and game.
false

Can't wait to play with my friends online

I can’t understand how they didn’t expect backlash over this. The world isn’t fucking Japan, not everyone can cough and be in distance of another Switch.

The direct showed you otherwise, outside of being able to create levels with 2 joycons you can't actually play levels with multiple people on the same system.

>nintendolife.com/news/2019/05/it_looks_like_super_mario_maker_2_will_include_same-screen_multiplayer

>Fortunately, it seems incredibly likely you will be able to do this after the eagle-eyed experts over at GameXplain noticed the official eShop listing references multiplayer three separate times in the Super Mario Maker 2 software details section. This covers the number of players for online play (1-4), local wireless play (1-4) and then one simply noting the "number of players" (1-4) – which is presumably the number of people who can play the game on a single system.
Seems as though its listed on its eshop page. I'd be strange to leave it out, NSMB has had same-screen multiplayer for ten years.

Local multiplayer > online multiplayer

The direct didn't mention it either way, same with online multiplayer.

Yes, but no playing with friends online is fucking retarded and they're rightfully being called out for it by everybody, not just on Yea Forums. Nintendo not being familiar with online or how to do it right isn't charming or amusing anymore, it's fucking annoying and frustrating, especially when their excuse is so nonsensical. If they really wanted to redeem themselves here they'd patch this problem with an update. It's fucking ludicrous that they're asking you to pay for online and yet they can't even add something as simple as online multiplayer with friends, it's fucking baffling. The rest looks great though, which is why it's such a shame. I hate that there's always gotta be a catch with Nintendo.

Attached: IMG_0799.png (1917x946, 1.84M)

>tfw no friends so don't care
Randoms could be fun if they're not constantly disconnecting on you.

Attached: 1549664445069.png (584x562, 276K)

They intentionally designed it this way, its not an omission or a mistake made out of inexperience or ignorance, they didn't scratch their heads wondering how to connect two people on each other's friend lists. Its a stupid-ass decision but it was not made out of inexperience or ignorance.

Not him, but there is zero excuse for Nintendo to limit options because one is "better". Not everybody has the time to visit friends all the time, and when it's such an easy thing to implement it's a no-brainer and makes life easier.

The reason they restricted it is probably a dumb one but I wasn't saying that was the reason.

Having both is great but if I have to pick one, local every time. Most other developers/publishers are going the opposite direction and making online-only shit with zero way to play without an internet connection, 2+ consoles, 2+ copies of the game and 2+ paid subscriptions.

I really don't know if I can believe that after the unbelievably bad online service they've created, but whether it was an oversight or a decision they made, this shit is unacceptable, especially when they WANT you to buy their online service. It's just bad business.

Most adults would rather have online with friends multiplayer than local. I'm not saying that in a derogatory way like you're a child or anything, you must just happen to have a lot of friends nearby you still, but a lot of adult friends move to different cities and states. Even if they were nearby, many like to just hop on and play for an hour or two and not drive over to make a night of it.

Other companies making greedy decisions doesn't excuse Nintendo from making dumb ones, especially now that online is a paid service, not a free one.

Most adults aren't bingbingwahooing anymore.

Absolutely

Again, MM2 isn't lacking online play with specific users because they couldn't figure it out. You'd have to be beyond retarded to genuinely think that, I don't care how bad their service is.

The reason is likely something really dumb, like they don't want friends cheesing stages together and shooting to the tops of the leaderbaords no one gives a flying fuck about. Its something ass-backward like that.

The fact that it has online but doesn't have the feature makes it just that, a dumb decision. It's not even a lazy one, if there were no online at all then it would be a lazy decision. It makes it even more frustrating.

>Most adults would rather have online with friends multiplayer than local
[citation needed]

Pretty sure you haven't talked to "most adults"

Again both is ideal but if I personally had to pick one, local every time.

Exactly, that's no bullshit at all. I'm 28 and I still bingbingwahoo, good luck trying to find another adult friend nearby that would be willing to actually drive over and do it instead of just texting me and us turning on our systems at home for an hour.

Most adults definitely would

I don't want to play with some cheap ass friend I met this month, I want to play with my friends since high school and some of my cousins. The chances of an adult friend staying in one place for 15 years is very, very slim.

Stop being so entitled.

Attached: 1558345060089.png (1266x1064, 209K)

>The reason is likely something really dumb, like they don't want friends cheesing stages together and shooting to the tops of the leaderbaords no one gives a flying fuck about. Its something ass-backward like that.
That's exactly what I mean by them not being able to figure out the online, not on a technical level.

>online focused game requieres online subscription
no fucking shit einstein, and if you spent 300$ on a console you shouldn't have to sell your family to afford 4$ per year

He might have meant just for level sharing. That's still a gray area. I personally assumed it would require Nintendo Online regardless, but it could have gone either way.

Of course. Hopefully they will listen to our concerns and add in online multiplayer with friends, though.
They did listen and added in checkpoints, slopes, progressive power-ups, etc. So maybe they'll listen now.

WHERE'S THE OUTCRY FOR THE LACK OF MYSTERY MUSHROOM COSTUMES????

Or they'll ignore us like they did with slopes so they can add it in the next game.

Attached: IMG_0314.png (354x432, 81K)

Yes. I'm excited to play the new online mode and to make levels specifically for it. It still needs a few more touches before it's perfect, though.
>Play with friends
>Ability to choose a set of courses before hand
>Alternate goals like first to collect 50 coins rather than it always being the first to get to the flag pole

This is a hype game no matter how you look at it. The first one was lackluster, but I can tell that this one is living up to the hype. I still want more though, like -
>Where are blue and yellow Yoshi
>Charge'n'Chucks
>Rex
>Reznor
>Koopalings
>Bowser Jr.
>Big Boo
>Mecha Koopas
>Multi-color Koopas
>The static blocks that you can pick up and break from Mario 3 and World
>That dick that picks those blocks up and throws them
>Ninji
>Those dinosaurs that breath fire
>Spike
>Bowser statues
>Dolphins
>Big Bertha
>Boomerang bros
>Those flipping platforms from 3
>Baby Yoshis
>Other Dry enemies

We know for a fact that there is more to see in this game. Nintendo is clearly holding onto some surprises for E3 or possibly for players to find for themselves.

Attached: Waluigi.png (393x464, 327K)

What have they not figured out?

They just have weird priorities.

If anything, recent events have shown that developers actually want feedback from their consumers, and will act upon it increasing overall product satisfaction.

These libs need to stop.

I'm glad they're gone, honestly. There were so many levels clogging the top charts along with auto levels and music levels there just to showcase the same costumes over and over and over instead of using them in interesting ways.

>This game's biggest selling point was the addition of slopes
Yeah, it totally wasn't the 3d world theme or the fact that it's MM1 on roids.

what do you think the last style will be?

Attached: Fawfulthgreat64-1129492369181728768-20190517_160220-img1.jpg (1916x1080, 375K)

They haven't figured out that there's ways to give us online multiplayer while at the same time keeping the online rankings safe. Just turn the damn rankings off when playing with friends.

That's very much possible too. There will probably be more updates for MM2 then there were for MM1, though.

Yoshi's Island

>online multiplayer
meant to say online multiplayer with friends but you get the gist of it.

Super Mario Land 2

pretty much
amiibo costumes where too gimmickty for me and I don't mind not being able to play online with friends
not because I don't have them but because when we play together we play locally since they don't have a switch

>was hyped because MM2
>didn't care for online
>care now because can't play with friends
Why would they even think about making it playable online without making it so you can make it so you play with your friends?
This shit is fucking backwards.

Attached: 1440621125903.png (964x768, 728K)

Odyssey

Realistically, SMB2 or nothing at all. I'd love to see a Galaxy or Odyssey theme though, I just don't see it ever happening.

>Bowser Jr.

He's already in the game.

Again, its not a matter of them not being able to figure out basic shit like that, its that thy don't want to do it that way for whatever reason. Its not a matter of the thousands of people at Nintendo scratching their heads going
>Gee wiz, we can't figure this out! Better just not let friends play together :(
They made this decision intentionally for whatever dumbass reason, not because they couldn't figure it out.

Just because they made a decision you don't like doesn't mean it was made out of ineptitude or technical failing, that's just some projection on your part.

is it confirmed that they will add more styles? will they be paid dlc?
I'd kill for 2D sunshine or galaxy

galaxy probably won't make it since it is one of the optional music themes youtube.com/watch?v=jO6vOh1Agi4

I'm still hyped, but then I didn't have any friends I wanted to play online with anyway, and I strongly suspect they'll patch it in later

>Realistically, SMB2 or nothing at all
So, nothing at all then.

SMB2 isn't a Mario game in the first place, they'd have to make a separate set of tools and assets just for it, it doesn't play the same.

it's true, you DO need a switch and a copy of the game to play levels with someone else locally. the way SMM2 works is that every player has their own point of view, so no "bubble" or splitscreen mechanic is needed. every player can see where they are on their own screen.

local play on one console is exclusively for maker mode.

Attached: fuzz.gif (480x640, 525K)

>they'd have to make a separate set of tools and assets just for it, it doesn't play the same.
You mean like they did with 3D World?

yes, it is disappointing that there's no online with friends, but everyone was hyped for the game before we even know the game had online play at all.

I'm more disappointed by lack of mystery mushrooms/amiibo costumes, tbqh, since that is actually content that was REMOVED from the first game, whereas multiplayer with friends is just a missing feature.

Also, Nintendo patched things in the original game due to fan feedback, like certain items/features (checkpoint, for instance) and removing the time-gated unlocking

Attached: 1473088608463.jpg (900x900, 101K)

that's why it would be in the extra styles section alongside mario 3D world

Attached: sV2Am96.png (410x411, 198K)

Yes, I don't have friends so missing friend lobbies doesn't affect me.

That's literally the exact reason why 3D World is an extra game style retard.

*so I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually patch in playing with friends post launch

If this was the only reason you wanted to play the game, were you ever hyped? Did anyone actually believe Nintendo would pull it off? Try out Ultimate Chicken Horse

>that's just some projection on your part
You're probably right, but I just can't wrap my head around why they'd make a decision like that when there's an easier option out there for them, it's frustrating.

ruh

Local co-op was shown off at the recent press event
youtube.com/watch?v=0o9leHqRISE
There's even the bubbles and such.

What the fuck are you morons talking about? It clearly has 4 player local coop.

I think they've already confirmed the alternate goals. Not sure if those goals apply to the online though.

he meant completing the stage as soon as you get the 50 coins, not as a condition to make the goal appear

>The reason is likely something really dumb, like they don't want friends cheesing stages together and shooting to the tops of the leaderbaords no one gives a flying fuck about. Its something ass-backward like that.

I thought they already said this is the reason why, and the obvious reaction is "then just make them not count towards your rank" but Nintendo is stupid..

They might end up adding it in an update, you never know. Especially given how everyone is shitting on them for it

3D World just has cat Mario climbing up walls, nothing about the rest of the theme plays differently.

It doesn't have completely different enemies, an entire, extremely important mechanic revolving around pulling stuff out of the ground and the hidden door mechanics that aren't in any other game. 3D World didn't require they rework the entire system just to implement it, again all it does differently is let cat Mario climb shit. SMB2 would require a LOT more work to the point where it may as well be its own separate Maker title.

That is why, and its an exceedingly stupid reason. But its not the result of technical ineptitude or anything along those lines, its an intentional decision they made.

Who are you kidding, you have no friends.

it has clear pipes, bullies, moving blocks, piranha creepers, meowser, can't walk inside of twomps (they kill you instantly on fall no matter if you have powerups to tank the hit), peppas instead of boos (complete different behavior), the car, long jump, side jump, spin jump, the art style is completely 3D unlike NSMBU which just use high quality sprites from 3D models (which is why most stuff is 4 blocks big by default so they take less resources), etc
SMB2 would mostly require the hold enemy/objects, the buried items and a few enemies, much less work to get it in than SM3DW

Did we watch the same direct? One of the first things that they explain is that the 3D World style is different enough from the other styles that they have to wipe the level when you switch.
youtu.be/jPi-u0D8sQ4?t=537

>It doesn't have completely different enemies
Except there are a lot of completely different enemies, ones that replace enemies from other styles.
>extremely important mechanic revolving around pulling stuff out of the ground
Just like only SMB3 has the sprint, and World has the spin jump that can break bricks, and 3D World having a ton of new elements and movement options
>3D World didn't require they rework the entire system just to implement it, again all it does differently is let cat Mario climb shit.
Stop talking out of your ass and watch the direct over again, there's a ton of new elements that replace old ones and let you do different shit.
>SMB2 would require a LOT more work
Just like 3D World did.

I am. Really want to make some shmup levels

Little disappointed that stuff like Amiibo/Sprite support is no longer. I hope it's still fun.

>paymexplain

How would you even do that?

Mario Odyssey style idea
>Various Kingdoms take over the themes; Cloud Kingdom for the sky theme, New Donk City Sewer for the underground, Steam Gardens for the forest etc.
>Cappy is the powerup. Toad and Toadette appear in their Treasure Tracker costumes.
>Cappy can be flung as a makeshift platform or to capture an enemy and pilot them for a short time, such as hijacking a Bullet Bill to fly over a gap or Goombas to make ice platforming easier
>Include mechanics based around the capture like the fork people on the walls, but allow them to be used without Cappy for a lesser effect
>Bowser Jr. is replaced with a choice between the 4 Broodals, who all do their signature attacks (reworked to a 2D environment)
thoughts?

Attached: honk.jpg (315x404, 16K)

fire koopa clown car

If they do an Odyssey theme and don't let you place 8bit 2D sections in the middle of the level it will be a disappointment

As cool as it'd be, I don't think it's happening. Maybe next time around though.

i was very excited at first, mainly to see Ross from game grumps create levels and watch the grumps play them like good old days

then i remembered game grumps is garbage nowadays and not worth watching.
still excited to see dashie play it though

Attached: 28783036_2021781661395654_5291661104676601856_n.jpg (768x960, 67K)

I will only accept this if you can roll everywhere

Hopefully one of the games with Shy Guys.

then I don't owe them money..?
I'm second guessing myself here thinking he's laid a clever trap, he can't be as stupid as he sounds

I just wouldn't get your hopes up. 3D World works with some tweaks because the core gameplay is still the same. SMB2 is too different, the turnips and health hearts alone make it play completely differently, clear pipes aren't on the same level. And again isn't even really a Mario game so I don't think NOJ is too concerned with implementing it regardless.

OMG YES

Attached: 1559313231404.gif (413x243, 51K)

I am, lack of costumes were slightly disappointing but don't take anything important away and no friend online doesn't affect me outside of not being able to play with Yea Forums
The game's core is still there and amplified from MM1

I agree with all of that except for the Moon bit.
Listen I get it, you want to have wind or low gravity in other environments, but there's a damn reason for full nighttime.

Namely so people know what the fuck they're getting into when they start the level. Personally I prefer it that way, it defines each theme more, as well allowing shit like gravity lowered in underwater stages starts getting into some real weird shit programming wise.

Attached: 01rgf5dao1_1280.png (285x324, 49K)

People who expected this game to not require the online subscription are on a whole separate level of retarded.

You're correct. I thought he was in until someone misinformed me. Maybe they meant that he wasn't in the 3D world style. My guess is Pom-pom probably replaces him.

SMB1 with original physics.

>I just wouldn't get your hopes up.
I never said I was, but it's much more likely than any other theme.
>SMB2 is too different, the turnips and health hearts alone make it play completely differently
That doesn't differentiate itself enough to put it on a "different level" than 3D World, especially hearts. Every game in the editor has its own quirks.
>clear pipes aren't on the same leve
Nobody ever said they were, it's the sheer number of other elements they added.
>And again isn't even really a Mario game so I don't think NOJ is too concerned with implementing it regardless.
Everybody knows it wasn't originally a Mario game. That doesn't mean it's out of the question.

>Toad was eaten by the fish
Does this mean that Big-Bertha will be in the Mario 3 and 1 style?!

Attached: 1558007099761.gif (500x288, 779K)

>LOL WHY ARE YOU SO MAD DESPITES BEING FORCED TO PAY FOR SUCH A SHITTY ONLINE SERVICE? LMAOOOOOOO
off yourself faggot.

What do the Underwater and Airship themes do at night?

Right here! *unzips dick*
But seriously, it was pretty neat in the first game, although I could live without it in the sequel. The gimmick wore itself off after unlocking the 50th mushroom.

>isn't even really a Mario game
This has to stop. Miyamoto has already stated that Doki-Doki was made as if it were a Mario game. That's why it had such a big influence on the series. It's in the same boat as Yoshi's island and Wario Land 1.

Attached: 1539729969044.png (600x573, 67K)

I'm pretty sure they're repeats of the other effects which is sorta lame.

Yes, I don’t care about the online I can always invite my friends to come over. I bought the first one and I loved it I’m going buy the sequel

Yes. No online with friends is a bummer but it'll probably get fixed, and the costume thing is a step backwards but everything else about the game is a massive improvement on the first game which I already loved, so absolutely yes.

This in a nutshell. Pessimism aside and the obvious pointing out of Nintendo's shitty online antics, the game still looks extremely well polished and will be tons of fun to play and build levels. I'm mostly excited for the SM3DW style because of all the new elements like beep blocks, mystery boxes and themes.

Airship has low gravity enemies.

Attached: max.jpg (1024x960, 178K)

>No online with friends

Oh at least I can play loc--

>If you and a friend all have a switch in a room, you can play together!

Oh, so I can't play on the same TV, and they're trying to force us to purchase different copies

Such a simple problem that nintendo is too greedy to fix, I'm installing yuzu right now

Attached: mfw.png (856x681, 779K)

Not even Sony is that crap with their level editor games. Why would you lock out the people making the game for you behind a pay wall? The game is gonna be dead as fuck. You're literally paying Nintendo so you can work for them.

FPBP

you can play on the same screen though, see

There's couch co-op. Doesn't excuse the shitty online though.

>gamexplain

so yeah, you can't play local co-op

>game has online features
>need online subscription to use said features
>"duh, what the fuck? bullshit!"
I'm not saying the online subscription is good. But jesus Christ, what the fuck did you expect?
>Why would you lock out the people making the game for you behind a pay wall?
Nobody made the game for Nintendo. How is it any different than something like Mario kart? You have single player, with a story mode that you can play offline by yourself. If you want to play with other people and share your levels, you need to bend over and pay the subscription. Why anyone thought otherwise is beyond me.

Retard

>solid proof right in front of your eyes
>dismissed because you don't like the source

A scary kind of stupid

Heck yeah I am, no online with friends IS fucking retarded but it's still looking to be everything I loved about the first one and more. Competitive online could be fun as hell, even if I can only slam randoms.

why does everyone shit on gamexplain? because the dude's voice? is there an incident where they were massively wrong about something I don't know about?

>That doesn't differentiate itself enough to put it on a "different level" than 3D World
I really think it does, the whole game is about pulling turnips and other stuff out of the ground, you can pick up enemies and kill them with thrown items, this is nothing like the other games. The pacing in moment-to-moment gameplay is different, the gameplay is structured differently, it doesn't play like a SMB game because it isn't one.

Again I think they'd essentially have to make a custom maker just for it due to how much is different, I don't think its something they can give the 3D World treatment without compromising a lot of what makes it different.

Iagree it's retarded, but at the same time I can't help but feel this is an overreaction since nobody expected it to have online multiplayer before the direct at all. Only local multi was assumed.

My god are you stupid. It's not even close to Mario Kart. You can't share levels in Mario Kart, why are you even implying that you can? And please don't pretend this story mode is going to be good. It's going to be a bunch of shit levels made by interns who have no idea how to do level design just like the previous Mario Maker games.

There has never in the history of video games been a game with a level editor that makes you have a subscription to play other people's creations because that is fucking retarded. It's basically paid mods where the mod creators don't even get the money.

andre is a tranny enabling faggot
john is a wanker
derrick seems fine, looks incredibly based next to those two goons

also their channel is literally nothing but them regurgitating other announcements, spoiling the end bosses in games, or making hour long 'analysis' videos on a 3 minute trailer

Andre's a huge fag and Derrick isn't much better either. They're also literally nintendo shills by this point in partnership with the company Jon is based as fuck though

I never was. Or rather, I can't afford all the games dropping from this month onwards so I've had to be picky.
For me it's Daemon X Machina, Astral Chain and Pokemon. I'll see what else I can squeeze in around that. Also, its not just a consideration of cost but time. Those 3 games I just mentioned will have a finite story mode I can focus on. But SMM2 will be a creative/online time sink. That's bad for my gaming back catalogue and life in general.
And Mario maker fags think they can convince me to buy it despite my concerns?

Yes, despite I just looked up Xlink Kai again and it looks like it may work for this, at least.

>Jon is based as fuck though

>Jon "This is totally a random prediction guys, I don't know why the wild shit I says is always true, I don't have any insider knowledge I swear!"
>based

nah dude is a sneaky jew

oh nonjononoNO anything but my poor AAA corporations being oppressed by those evil racist gamers posting complaints and criticisms online STOP FUCKING OPPRESSING THEM Yea Forums HAVE A HEART JUST LET THEM DO WHAT THEY WANT STOP BEING SUCH MEANIES

Attached: 1558188356740.png (618x626, 312K)

all my friends are wagies so they don't have the time and energy to play vidya with me anymore, so i don't care about the whole fiasco behind multiplayer online with friends, i just want to make my masterpiece levels that will outshine all other levels made by you faggots

you may hate them as much as you want but they are the only source on this stuff we have yet

He is based for leaking shit right under nintendo's jew nose

>Daemon X Machina
>after playing the 15 fps demo

Y I K E S

>Waluigi pic
I'm so sick of Waluigi never being taken seriously by the game devs. Just watch, I bet they're going to add in Daisy and Wario, then probably someone stupid like Rosalina or another Yoshi before they even consider adding Waluigi. Fuck Nintendo. I bet we'll get fucking Goomba before Waluigi.

Attached: 1556811862430.jpg (298x324, 20K)

>cant fuck around with Yea Forums (my only friends)
>no costumes
>have to pay a subscription to play levels

Its shit.

Don't care about the multiplayer, so yes.

>You can't share levels in Mario Kart, why are you even implying that you can
never did I ever said that. I said that like Mario kart, if you want to play with others, you need the fucking subscription. On another note, you really thought they wouldn't shill the absolute fuck out of online for this game to boost subscriptions? Cry harder because you ignored the most obvious, common sense thing that could have happened regarding this.

>no mystery mushrooms

Yikes.

My last Nintendo console was a 64 son. *siiiip* Now THAT was a console! You don't know what frame rate issues are, youngin'.

So you're even dumber and are saying playing levels other people made is playing with others. You sound like one of those guys who watch Twitch Streamers thinking you're playing the game with them.

I guess they should just start requiring NSO online to download game updates now that people are retarded enough to start paying for something as simple as Mario Maker levels. How dare they let you waste their precious bandwidth without paying them 20 times the amount that it costs them!

>I said that like Mario kart, if you want to play with others, you need the fucking subscription
Both games have local multiplayer, so no

So what ideas have you guys come up with so far? I wanna do one with a Koopa Shell turning the on and off buttons on/off throughout the level.

I will mostly redo a bunch of my old levels but with the new content they added

Obviously I meant play with others online, considering the thing we're arguing about is the fucking online subscription. Again, severe lack of common sense.
So you're even dumber and are saying playing levels other people made is playing with others.
Yes, there's a shared community where everyone can upload and play each other's levels, vote on them, comment on them, and even play together. I fail to see how this is not interacting with other players?
> You sound like one of those guys who watch Twitch Streamers thinking you're playing the game with them.
Except you know, you're actually playing Mario maker and not just watching it. Good burn, really got me there.
>I guess they should just start requiring NSO online to download game updates now that people are retarded enough to start paying for something as simple as Mario Maker levels
That's irrelevant to anything I said.
>How dare they let you waste their precious bandwidth without paying them 20 times the amount that it costs them!
Again, nowhere did I say the online requirement was good. I just think you're fucking retarded for thinking that for some reason that wouldn't benefit Nintendo whatsoever they would decide to not require it.

>find the invisible block / find 1 coin to pass
>"reach the goal without touching the ground" with a pixel perfect jump
>random doors/pipes into death pits with laughing sound effects at the bottom
>using the swinging claws to put you in an impossible to escape position
>moving seesaw above rising lava
>giant homing banzai bills spammed everywhere
>automatic levels that don't get tagged and make it into the infinite mario challenge
>thwomp at the start
>car in 3d world levels that goes down a path you can't turn back on and leads to death if you take the wrong path
>dry-bones shell puzzles that require you to play dead frame-perfectly or die
WHY WOULD ANYONE BE HYPED FOR THIS SHIT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: kino.gif (275x216, 826K)

panga is gonna have so much fun

Ok, so when you use YouTube by watching each others videos, commenting, and liking them does that mean you're watching videos together? Also, you changed the word "play" with "interact" which are not the same thing.

I'm not even sure what your argument is anymore. You just change what you're arguing for every time you post to make yourself sound right.

>Waluigi
more like gay Wario.

gonna make a level and fill it with all the enemies it will let me and thwomps everywhere XD XD XD there will be a star somewhere in a hidden block XD XD hope you find it XD XD

We can dislike stages now, it'll all get curbed to the wayside eventually

Yes, people bitching about the online features weren't gonna buy it in the first place

Yeah platformers coop suck anyways.

The real question to be asked;
will they bring this nigger back?

Attached: weirdo.png (200x256, 4K)

SMW2: Yoshi's Island , fucking PLEASE

>he thinks booing a stage will actually do anything

nintendo doesn't want to hurt kids' feelings, user

already deconfirmed

source

>Ok, so when you use YouTube by watching each others videos, commenting, and liking them does that mean you're watching videos together?
No, but you're interacting with other people.
>Also, you changed the word "play" with "interact" which are not the same thing.
What fucking difference does it make it in the context of this argument? Yeah, I'll admit, in the context of playing other people's levels, you are not "playing" directly with another person. Does that not change the fact you're still interacting with other people? You're nitpicking one inconsequential word.

>source
gamexplain

GX also confirmed that not everything is unlocked from the start and that they aren't allowed to discuss everything.

If they brought out the big mushroom then it's likely this will be unlockable.

I was happy with the game before the direct that even announced the multiplayer

but the direct hyping up multiplayer only to learn its a total embarrassment of a feature really took the wind out of my sails

Attached: big guy no hug.png (177x132, 19K)

Yeah, I've literally never used online play with any of my friends on switch.
Not to say that the whole 'no online co-op with friends' thing is okay, but personally it doesn't effect me, whenever I'm playing nintendo with friends it's always local.

Airship at night = Thunderstorm and night mechanics (floaty enemies, etc.)