Does anyone else not particularly understand the hate this store gets?

Does anyone else not particularly understand the hate this store gets?
Let me start by saying I am in no way a shill, nor will I argue points you have. I'm not sure if Tencent are spying on my info (probably) and I can see why people hate exclusives on the PC. I'm not here to defend them at all, just to say what I've seen:
>The free game every week has been a worthwhile title. I've yet to be less-than-impressed with whatever they offer. For the most part, each free game has been £7-15 in value.
>Say what you want about Fortnite, but it's free, and updated regularly. You might think it's a shit game but boy have they turned it around and they succeeded for a reason.
>The current Epic sale is actually very good. £10 off any game over £14. I've picked up like 7 games and have saved £70 as a result - these were games I wanted as well.
>The exclusives are annoying, but still, signify that someone at Epic has great taste. They know what titles matter, and developers are much happier with the cut they're getting.
>I've had two customer support queries, they've both replied to me within three hours each time. That's impressive, especially compared to Steam's support record.
>Creator codes allow me to donate a small portion of my purchase to my little brother each time. He can spend that on Fortnite gear.

Sure the storefront itself fucking sucks right now, but will that be forever? This time next year I imagine it'll look very different. If they can grab a bunch of high-spec titles, they can design a storefront with most of the functionality we'd expect from Steam. To me that's just a temporary inconvenience.

Am I retarded? At first I hated Epic bursting its way onto the scene but now, I don't really see it as an inconvenience. I also don't care about having multiple launchers. It makes no difference.

Again, I'm not here to shill. Those are just my experiences. I'm more than happy to listen to counter-arguments. Perhaps you've seen something different.

Attached: EGS.jpg (1200x800, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

investopedia.com/ask/answers/122214/what-difference-between-revenue-and-profit.asp
e621.net/post/show/758293/
investopedia.com/ask/answers/08/microsoft-antitrust.asp
epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/borderlands-3/home
epicgames.com/store/en-US/store-search?q=borderlands 3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ironic shilling is still shilling

It's just steambabbies triggered at competition. Epic has superb prices.

That does nothing to solidy your position. You might be completely right but you've failed to counter my experience in any way at all so far.
Yeah, this sale especially. I doubt it will continue like this, but for now I'm satisfied.

Polite bump

I have no issues with EGS. Sale is good, selection of games is good.
Dont care the "le exclusives bad" crowd as well.
I have no idea how u can become a fanboy of a store, like steamfags who will literally kill you on sight if you say something good about epic.

This is a more fun war.

Attached: 9ae1d-15508439124783-800[1].jpg (600x338, 46K)

>Does anyone else not particularly understand the hate this store gets?
>Let me start by saying I am in no way a shill

Yep, it's a shill post.

Not an argument. I could easily suggest you're Steam PR by that same token. Retard.

Why Steam and not any other store? Origin, Uplay, etc?

You seem awfully defensive of the store for not being a shill

how bout you do your own research you stupid underage child wanting everyone to spoonfeed you while your mom is getting raped by a black nigger as you cry in the corner typing out this wall of text to determine whether epic games is worth your mom's virginity

I'm just looking for good arguments. Perfectly happy to be proven wrong. Screaming 'shill' doesn't do that.

Because the defense of EGShills is to assume you're a Steam fanboy.

>but Steam
I also use Battlenet, GOG, Origin, uPlay and itch.io.

It's a gigantic Chinese company coming in and trying to buy up a bunch of exclusives. I'm all for Steam getting competition, but this isn't it.

An argument implies there's things to be discussed still. There isn't, least of all with a shill getting paid in whatever the chinks call their currency. The Epic Store is a massive failure and there's no way around that.

3 cents have been deposited into your account Mr chang

Yeah, precisely, it was a rhetorical question friend.

Same!
Fair enough. This is the only thing resembling a counter-argument in this thread. It's valid.
Again, not an argument. So far we have one guy above who's made a coherent answer. None of you have. No matter how much you repeat it.

it's mostly retards who don't know how shareholders work and/or think different stores are fundamentally the same as different consoles and that the same arguments apply

on the other hand, free tibet

Attached: tiananmen square.jpg (1200x800, 111K)

Don't make it my job to shill for Steam just because it's your job to shill for Epic. We're not having an arguement, we're done here.

>the free games are just a way to pump their numbers and they'll be gone as soon as they have a decent foothold
>the frequent updates come at the cost of dev's wellbeing which is exactly the fucking opposite of what epic says they set out to achieve
>the sale was a clusterfuck with games being pulled, some prices going up and people being banned for buying too much at once. That, and it's a very transparent attempt at some good will, don't get used to them
>rich publishers are happier with the cuts they're getting. Devs are getting shafted, indies are being ignored unless they're already extremely well off like coffee stain and supergiant
>someone else will post the screencap of them trying to get a refund, something that takes two clicks on steam
>I don't know what this is and I don't care

I made a thread with the sole intent of asking for criticisms of the EGS, and laid out my experience. You stomped around with a retarded argument and tap out the moment you're called on it. Honestly the most retarded poster I've seen on here today.

This makes a lot of sense actually. All of the benefits I've listed in the OP do have this twinging feeling of artificiality to draw in shmucks like me. We eat it up, get involved in the ecosystem and then we're trapped. That's the most likely scenario.

Haven't people been getting banned for buying more than a few games on the store because the lack-of shopping cart?

>praising fortnite

Don't be so obvious next time, epicshill

Yes. Steam's 'competition' strikes again.

I hate stupid obnoxious launcher/storefront/drm applications in general. I dont use steam any more and regret the money I spent on it in the past

Besides the meme share that killed Fair Pricing Package, I don't hate them nor the developers/publishers that make deals with them. I just consider them quite retarded at business management.

All the things you like about EGS are temporary and will be discontinued. It's literally just Epic throwing Tencent's money around in an effort to artificially force competitors out of the market. Same as the exclusives. Once they have the market to themselves, you're stuck with their inferior store with like 50 games in it and they will fuck you in the ass every chance you get.

>We eat it up, get involved in the ecosystem and then we're trapped.
Except the same thing works for Steam as well. Steamfags have hundreds of games in their libraries, they are heavily invested in the ecosystem, so they will invent any kind of mental gymnastics to avoid switching stores/launchers.

This. Lets not forget that those who bought VMTB on sale were forcibly refunded. Its like you leaving after buying something at a good price before some slant eyes shop owner runs up to you, pulls your shopping bag away, throw money and your face and then proceeds to run off claiming about how his incredible sale at his single room shop is now a threat to the likes of walmart

Please stop shilling here

>pancakes.png

Oh boy here we go again. Can't we all just wait for E3 when their conference comes out?

This shit is getting tiring.

>gee I just can't understand why a company buying out exclusivity of games that were even being already sold on other storefronts and removing all choice from people upsets them!
Yeah it's a real headscratcher, that one. And you write like a marketer.

Death to epic shit games and their paid shills.

Daily reminder that paid shills from China open a thread like this literally every day.

Attached: wp047tkqxdd21.png (1268x1257, 268K)

>Store forcibly refunds your game or outright bans you because you bought too much
>Charges ridiculous amounts outside USA because 'muh developers!'
>sales on fucking preorders

Mods please ban this faggot shill already he opens this thread every day.

>signify that someone at Epic has great taste

Have you fucking seen the Epic store catalog?
It's filled with mediocre trash. These dumbfucks can't even curate properly.

>Store forcibly refunds your game or outright bans you because you bought too much
Yeah happened for one person.
>Charges ridiculous amounts outside USA because 'muh developers!'
They do have regional pricing, what are u talkin about? People in 3rd world countries buy Detroit for $10, lol.
>sales on fucking preorders
Sales on preorders are bad for publisher, but i dont see how its bad for customer?

I haven't been following this. Did games like Satisfactory get cucked hard for making the decision to go to Epic?

You post like you're not from here

>Guaranteed replies: the thread

Attached: chinanumbaone.webm (640x368, 888K)

>Valve announces Halo and Gears of War are coming to Steam
It's over, epicbros. How could this happen...

Yeah except all of those on the left are steam keys. And they have to pay valve a little money to distribute/sell keys for it.

well, its better than PSN store
i'll give it that

Lmao why bugmen are so weird???

Fuck off mainlander
Taiwan number 1!

>And they have to pay valve a little money to distribute/sell keys for it.
Absolutely false and lie. Also why would I as a consumer give a fuck as long as I have choices and variety of prices?

Kys chink.

I guess Epic did need this shill thread after that tremendous power move Microsoft did.

>It's filled with mediocre trash. These dumbfucks can't even curate properly.

true about literally every pc download store

Except he doesn't post the exact same thread every day for the past 3 months.

Kys, chink faggot. Hope an elevator eats your whole family.

They're really stupid and vindictive

The first part may be true. The latter is definitely not.

>being this upset over a store
The chinks have really gotten under your skin, huh?

>b-but muh steam
Spoken like a true shill

Yeah OP I too love free games. Tim basically buys my copy of every Epic exclusive so the devs can keep food on the table, what a guy.

lmao drone who cares about microsoft?

epic has sony on their side
and you know what sony has? bloodborne and death stranding

>op asks for people to shit on the EGS
>labeled shill x 1000

since when did Yea Forums have such a low level of discourse?

>why do people hate thing
Shitposting is fun, no one here buys games except turbofaggots who only play gaymes on cucksoles that can't have CFW installed on them yet. Fucking newfag, lol, lurk ten years before posting again.

Attached: avatars-000182086510-rn5fm8-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 36K)

Except that Epic didn't made the deals with Sony, Quantic Dream and Annapurna Interactive did.

cope

Gears Of War will be on Steam
but not on the Epic Games Store
this is the timeline we live in
how could Sweeney let this happen

Attached: 180601RFA-June4.jpg (1000x773, 133K)

Probably because people are sick of it? We have had this thread every day for months now. And every time it's the same thing.
>hey guys, it's my first day on Yea Forums, I dare you to tell me why the Epic store is bad

>Haze not only is going to kill Halo but Gears of War too

Attached: Haro Kirrer.jpg (1125x644, 183K)

>elevator goes dark
n-nnani?!

lol, so no one must ever mention the epic store, like it's some profane topic to be afraid of

why even open the thread if it's tiring?

based Haze necroposter

It goes this way with many Chinese companies

Look Yea Forums, I don't expect you to have personal experience dealing with the chink bugmen, but trust me on this one, you DO NOT want to do business with those insectoids. They will fuck you in any way they possibly can, and it'll all start out as consensual if you're not on your toes. Seriously, the chinks deserve everything that's coming to them.

You have months of old Epic threads you can read on the archives, you just want to shitpost.

>All of the benefits I've listed in the OP do have this twinging feeling of artificiality to draw in shmucks like me. We eat it up, get involved in the ecosystem and then we're trapped. That's the most likely scenario.

Fellow kids!

Yeah so I've gotta go trawling through months old discussions apart from contribute to an active one myself to satiate your comfort.
Don't be so stupid and autistic.
You don't moderate the content here.

>months old
Make that days old you shitposters.

We have this thread everyday.

I'm not saying Epic money was irrelevant, but they didn't made the deals.

>months old
You pretend your kind doesn't do this on a daily basis, a few days is more than enough.

So does that mean I can pirate with my conscience clean since based Tim already paid for the games anyway?

I used steam, gog, origin, uplay and probably more before epic store. But I'm not installing that piece of shit because of multiple reasons that are easily found through google.

There is only one good thing about the epic store. I can download all the exclusive games for free because Epic paid for my copy when they bought the rights to the game.

>464191618
t chink shill

Wake me up when Epic gets japanese games.

It's such a weird thing seeing valve get those hardheaded nips to finally take steam seriously. I don't even know how they fucking did it.
These days I see fucking daily steam threads on futaba. That shit is baffling. You couldn't see any of those threads years ago.

>Same thread every day
>Same people
>Same replies

Oh well

sounds like you guys spend way more time in Epic threads than I do, purposefully getting mad about shit. besides, you haven't contested the point. this thread was made to shit on Epic. All you braindead spics could do was shit on the op.

There's some financial analyst who thinks buying BF2 and then spend $20 on its lootboxes is good value.

They have quite literally nothing I want that I can't get on Steam. Some, like Sekiro and DMC5 aren't on it at all. When Hades leaves EA that'll be the first exclusive I actually want.
They lack many features I really like that Steam has, like Xbox and Switch Pro controller support, screen sharing, the mod workshop, community guides, and friend activity.
I don't mind multiple launchers either if the game is good. Origin is a dedicated Titanfall 2 launcher for me. But Epic has no appeal to me. Especially if the stuff about the Chinese government is true. I'd trust any random person on the street with my financial information before them.

Attached: bonedad.jpg (400x400, 51K)

Wish I could transfer all my steam collection to EGS

>These days I see fucking daily steam threads on futaba.
link 'em

I'm almost certain these threads are made to encourage shitting on China

Attached: bugmen btfo.webm (640x366, 1.7M)

I just want immediate user reviews and feed back. If epic includes this I will have no reason to complain. Chinks be damned. If I can hate or love on a game without censorship then you have my buisness

>this thread was made to shit on Epic.
It was made to regurgitate the same points that Epikeks have been trying to use since day 1 since they utterly failed to run a proper sale (even worse now that MS chose to side with Steam even after Tim Sweeney backpedalled on criticizing Windows and asking his journo rats to run that as if it was worth an article)

Attached: homerthevigilante7.png (512x384, 224K)

>Am I retarded?
yes

oh look, you've actually managed to make a constructive argument that makes sense. if you did that originally, who knows, you might have come across less retarded and written words worth reading.
based

>backpedal on criticizing Windows
>the client that directly helped put your engine on the map discards you for Steam and their own.
How embarrassing.

Pretty sure they already openly said they were not going to allow reviews, forums, or anything of the sort because they don't want developers to worry about having to handle negative opinions. Epic hasn't been shy to say their store is developer first consumer second, so this should come as no surprise.

What point are you even trying to make here mate?

>I am in no way a shill
t. shill

天安门广场大屠杀

I don't like the epic store but I think the hate is overblown.
The most annoying thing about it is Eric, and the fact that Tencent owns it.
At least the UI is solid and the client isn't as buggy as steam.
That being said, I would never buy a game there unless it's an exclusive, and epic will run out of money sooner or later to pay for that.
At least I get free games.

No one likes it because it's shit service that's using mountains of Fortnite money to cheat itself into a position of unearned importance. At th e end of the day ownloading another shitty service isn't the end of the world. I still have the fucking Bethesda launcher on my PC polluting the damn thing. But it's fucking annoying and some of the bullshit they've pulled to compete is honestly insulting. I wish Steam would get some real competition to make it stop being shit, but I don't want the competition to be even more shitty than they were at their worst.

>waaaah corporations use unethical means to become competitive
I've got news for you user...

>Something shitty happens all the time therefore you should just accept it and not complain!

alright I'll bite chinaman where to start.
>No workshop
>no user reviews
>barely any games
>storefront and interface are so barebones 2003 steam was objectievely better.
>confirmed bloatware (even more then steam or origin)
>forced exclusives on a single platform
>Tencent selling your information.

who gives a fuck about the UI when they don't even have a god damn shopping cart?

it's just salty steamcucks scared to death because they spent thousands on a dying store

If Epic is going to kill anything, is going to be independent stores.

as a steamcuck I'm unironically more scared of microsoft

No it is not fucking overblown. Buying out exclusives like that, even games that were already on sale on other stores, is fucking cancer and shouldn't be allowed. How about you try to win over customers with something unique like GOG does? Fuck no, they will buy out as many developers as their Fortnite money will let them, then they're gonna reinvest the store profits into buying out even more developers and so on until they're the only business in town because other stores can't stock up on games.

Why? Just because they'll add Xbox Live?

>why the hate
Because sweeny the little rat face is holding games and nobody, even microsoft spoke out about this.
>not a shill post
>explaims how great egs is
K

>Epic is gonna kill Steam

Lmao, the Apple store or hell even the Google Store can just wipe the floor on PC gaming if they open up an actual desktop software for the shit they sell on the phones.

Didn't they do that last time with GFWL and everyone hated it?

Yeah they did, but they made their own store called the Microsoft Store.

That store profited from Minecraft: Bedrock edition alone than something like Windows 10 which is 100$ a pop (even though pirating it is piss easy, normies don't know how to pirate.)

Yeah. However, Steam still is alive and well meanwhile I can't fucking log in into Games for Windows Live to play GTA IV.

>Happened to just one person! He's irrelevant! Epic!
How2spotachinkshill.png

>do shit like this
>people don't buy the game at the store
>store stops doing this or goes out of businesses
Big fucking deal. I like GOG and therefore buy my games there. I don't buy my games at Epic. Easy. What I don't get is why people throw a tantrum. Getting angry at stupid shit like this is not healthy. Stop buying your games there. If other people decide to buy their games at epic is their business. No one forces you to buy anything at epic.

>any year
>willfully using a store that makes its hatred for you and all of its customers well known

>any year
>willfully using a store whose mission statement is "praise the rich and subjugate the poor"

>any year
>willfully using a store who takes people hostage and forces you to give them and only them money if you want that person's product

shiggidy diggidy

Attached: tim3.jpg (843x936, 62K)

>it has free games
You couldn't in your entire life play and beat all the free games that are on steam, this not really a point to be proud of.
>something something fortnite
How exactly has the ebin spyware store made fortnite better?
>good sales
Yes, I too like the "10 dollars off of everything above 15 dollars [drop the price of everything to 14.99 and remove half the things on the store while we are at it] sale, how consumer friendly, also 100% illegal but who even cares
>exclusives are great
Well you fucking lost me

People would say that you don't mind because you're already used to the idea of not having brand new AAA and AA releases.

>I could easily suggest you're Steam PR by that same token.
He didn't say anything about Steam, though, so no, you couldn't.

>What I don't get is why people throw a tantrum
>Getting angry at stupid shit like this is not healthy
Dude, you're on Yea Forums. Know your audience
Not that guy, but I think the reason people are pissed is that they think it sets a bad precedent for other games and game devs. Thankfully, this is not the case, as everyone can see epic collapsing under its own weight

Okay right let me go buy Borderlands 3 somewhere else oh fuck right, I can't because they bought it out.
>b-b-b-but borderlands 3 sucks
Replace it with whatever game you would like then, the point stands that if you want a specific game and they bought it out like they're doing then you're fucked. Whereas how it worked up till now, if a game was on Steam and GOG and Origin or whatever else, you could actually CHOOSE to buy it wherever you liked more. This is actively removing choice from you and not comparable at all to how the situation between Steam, GOG, etc. has been till now.

>go to pirate Bay
>Click download
Problem solved

>epic killing steam
>epic sale is a clusterfuck
>Epic cant add removed games back into their store
>Epic exclusives taken off are unavailable until E3 is over
>Meanwhile steam makes a new deal with microsoft
>Still thinking epic is a threat to steam
oiamlaffin.jpg

I feel it's also worth mentioning steam with its free key generation means even if a game was only on steam you still have options on where you can buy it. Epic will only let you buy a game where THEY want you to.

It just means you haven't been paying attention

Yes you smartypants, you figured out this is something that only affects people that actually bought video games in the first place, congratulations. Now please be quiet, the adults are talking.

>I'm not here to shill but here is my several paragraph opinion as to why you should suck the shit right out of Xi's asshole.
Okay dude whatever you say

Take out the chinese words and you won't get banned

Not reading all that, but no I don't care either. It's just the latest Yea Forums outrage target. These bitches talk shit about SJWs, but this is the whiniest, most insufferable group of idiots on the internet. But you know, you can never leave so here I am swimming in piss.

Attached: 1548470332920.jpg (313x286, 17K)

Well, I already suffer that with games that only are sold as Steam/GOG keys. So, I don't really care. Not that I'm blaming Valve.

>deleted
Yep, gook shills aplenty

I have alot of reasons to hate the Epic store and its fans, but two are most prominent in my mind.

>they accuse everyone of being a steam fanboy even if they don't mention steam, or worse, say that steam is just as bad
>they outright say that all consumers are evil and entitled, and that platforms like GOG are bad for practicing "toxic pro-consumer mentality". aka they don't shove DRM in their games

As someone who absolutely despises DRM, I hate anyone who tries shoving third party software in my face. GOG should be the dominant platform, but because of console kids and their desire to have corporations control their games, that's not the case. We had it bad enough with secu-rom and steamworks and denuvo, but now EGS wants to add their own special flavor of DRM.

Attached: 200% italian.png (221x354, 69K)

who gives a fuck you'd pay the same price anyway just close the fucking thing when you're done playing a game on it

>Cyberpunk 2077
that's why, though it's really CDPR's fault for pulling the game off Steam after putting it up and getting preorder money

What's the site on the left?

>As someone who absolutely despises DRM, I hate anyone who tries shoving third party software in my face.
And then all of a sudden, like magic, Steam became DRM free and not third party software. Literal retards on this board, I fucking swear.

THERE IS NO FUCKING CART!!!
HOW DOES YOUR STORE HAVE NOT FUCKING CART?
LITERALLY EVERY OTHER LAUNCHER HAS A CART.
EVERY OTHER ONLINE STORE HAS A FUCKING CART.
FUCKING DOMINOS HAS A FUCKING CART FEATURE.
I COULD PERSONALLY PROGRAM THE FUCKING CART MYSELF IN A FUCKING DAY IF THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS GAVE ME A 10TH OF WHAT THEY ARE THROWING AROUND THE STREET FOR EXCLUSIVES.
JESUS H CHRIST.

Except EGS doesnt have any DRM on their store. Devs implement their own solutions if they want, but there are no store-wide DRM.

Is there any deal

I give a fuck because I want the ability to choose, so fuck you, fuck Epic, and fuck China.

Have you checked your social credit?

Attached: 1547335366846.png (720x720, 947K)

As someone who wants to be a gamedev I'm glad to see Steam finally get some real competition. Valve skimming 30% of all profits is insane and has been going on for way too long.
That said, the Epic Store really needs a redesign.

After having to install Steam, UPlay, Bethesda Launcher, and Origin, I've just said fuck it. At this rate every fucking company will have their own stupid game launcher/store front.

They sold 9 copies on launch

You know epic wont let your shitty unity game on their store right

Steam DRM in the Steam store it's literally first party DRM.

>EGS wants to add their own special flavor of DRM.
They have said that they will leave up to the publisher/developer if they're interested in using the in-house DRM. World of Goo can be played without the Epic client AFAIK. You won't see Epic telling you about this, tho.

wtf I love ebin gay now
>made an epic account for free games
>after subnautica didnt manage to get a single free game anymore because every single time I tried the shop just lagged and froze
nah fuck off

Can I download games from EGS without ever touching their client, then? That's what GOG does after all.

UE4 and I'm sure they will.

And the choice you have is to use a free store which takes 5 minutes to set an account up on or not play the game. Which would clearly be the end of the world because games are a life or death matter. And then spout shit about China or Tencent or whatever because the other idiots on Yea Forums told you to. Form your own opinions and reasoning you moron.

See that's entitlement. No game dev has to sell their game the way you want. If they only want to sell their game by mail so be it. Sure that sucks, but who are you to tell the owners of the game to sell the game like you want?

Then my lack of interest in their products should be no surprise then. I guess our conversation could be one of many factual solutions/answers as to why some people will not do business with Epic. Really the only way to argue it would be in ethical and moralist pontification

That cut isn't for you dumb dumb, it's for rich publishers. You swallowed sweeney's bullshit hook line and sinker.

Attached: Screenshot_20190531-174743_Firefox.jpg (1079x3645, 1.28M)

Unless Valve makes the game, Steam is 100% undeniably third party software. You fuckers are so stupid I don't even know why I come here anymore.

Attached: 1547172948371.gif (240x266, 1.83M)

>Form your own opinions and reasoning you moron.
>but only if I approve of it

>being this retarded
nigga I pay the bills, you cater to me that's how business works.

>Steam DRM
It's called Steamworks.
>They have said that they will leave up to the publisher/developer if they're interested in using the in-house DRM.
That is exactly how it works with Steam, Epic isn't breaking any new ground here.

>gets called out for using stupid, factually untrue Yea Forums buzzwords
>but that's just my opinion, you have to respect it
Go fuck yourself.

It's just a matter of time, for sure.
Hopefully they'll retain SOME curation though. Steam is a fucking desert of endless garbage and asset flips.

>FUCK YOU I SELL THE GAME HOW I WANT TO
>now please give me money
You'd be a terrible salesman.

So monopolies don't exist because you always have the option of not buying thing?

>form your own reasoning
>NO NOT THAT REASONING, YOU'RE STUPID FOR THINKING THAT

See, you don't care about people having free thought. You want them to conform to your view. You hypocrite.

No that's not how businesses works. If both parties agree to a deal then you have a sale. If one of the parties doesn't agree then there is no deal.
If you go into Walmart and tell them that you want your dick sucked, they don't have to do it. You are not forced to buy anything at Walmart either.
I didn't say it was a good business move. I don't think epic will last another year. Buy they have every right to be a bad business

kek

That would mean that they will have to test the games to make sure they run decently on PC and there's too much stuff to even bother. And they can afford the hosting and bandwith.

A game with that many awards couldn't get on and you think you'll get past epic's "curation"? Keep holding out chump, you might want to google steam direct in the meantime.

>doesn't understand the difference between profit and revenue

So then stop buying the product. But of course you won't.

Attached: member-list-boycott-modern-warfare-2-we-want-dedicated-servers-55284148[1].png (500x524, 94K)

The dude said he wanted something, not that he was entitled to it. Nobody is saying developers are obligated to do anything a certain way. What they are saying is that they aren't interested in participating if they do it a way they don't like. This isn't entitlement; I don't think you even know what that word means.

What? Are you retarded? The Apple and Google Stores are only as successful as they are because they're selling Mobile shit on Mobile shit. They absolutely would not have similar success on PC because people don't play that shit on a PC, except for things that have PC versions to begin with, like Fortnite natch, or people who really really want to play their Harry Potter waifu game.

But more importantly, Apple and Google Stores have near entire domination on their devices. Google less so, since you don't have to hack your phone, but it's still not quite as open as the PC market.

Competition should come in the form of a superior product/store, not a guy with too much money brute-forcing everything to himself.

Ever heard the expression "The customer is always right"?

Nobody here is saying what they're doing is illegal. That it isn't illegal doesn't mean we can't criticize it.

You're all retards. If Epic didn't exist then this whole microsoft deal wouldn't have happened.

This is COMPETITION at work you drones.

I legit haven't thought about this store in a long long time.

Anyways, here's the deal, the fact that fucking MICROSOFT, a company that was once positioning themselves to fuck up PC gaming with the windows store and UWP, is now abandoning UWP AND putting their games on steam should tell you something.

I don't want to hear any shit about how the store is going to improve or whatever, I want a good store now.

If anything, when it comes to PC gaming Steam is basically a monopoly. But yes, they exist because they provide a good product and the rules of capitalism comes into play. What are you even trying to argue here? You're only giving more reason for EPG to exist.

I want people to have free thought that is intelligent, makes sense, and is based on fact. I don't mind having a debate with someone, but when it's clear that person doesn't know what the fuck they're talking about it becomes a waste of time.

Fucking this. Jesus.

>too much stuff to even bother
Well, that seems to be their approach, but they could at least pull games and ban "companies" that obviously are just scamming.

That's not what I meant. I think they're being very restrictive right now, but I have no doubt it'll be much easier getting access once they've stabilized their business model.
I just hope they'll keep some curation, because Steam has none and it really suffers for it. So insanely much worthless garbage and direct scams that don't even deserve to be labeled as a "game".

>being an autistic pedantic faggot for no reason

ahahahaaaaa holy SHIT

>I've picked up like 7 games
>these were games I wanted
congrats on not buying things that you don't actually want, I guess

No, it happened because the Microsoft Store flopped hard.

Attached: Pooh-bear-clip-art-winniepooh_1_800_800.jpg (534x572, 29K)

I've seen someone use the GAMURS RISE UP crap when defending Fallout 76 at launch too.

> AND putting their games on steam should tell you something.
Yeah, they are using the EGS controversy to gain brownie points with the PC community by dumping all their shit that was locked behind W10 and their own store onto Steam now.
It's literally PR, they aren't doing it because they love PC users all of a sudden.

Attached: 1554480701427.jpg (1095x1115, 842K)

I'm going to bite this bait. This was one page out of like 17 and all the ones playing MW2 were on that one page page, which is something like 6% of the entire group.

Want to know what PC boycotting and rioting has accomplished? Removed paid mods from Steam. Got Microsoft to sell their shit on Steam and continue support for 32-bit after saying they'd stop. GFWL is fucking dead, and it had many more high profile exclusives than Epic has or ever will have. And Epic's store is currently in panic mode, with ridiculous sales and even more free games every week to desperately trying to get any sort of real relevance.

So get fucked corporate shill.

Attached: 146923424635.jpg (600x480, 38K)

That has nothing to do with Epic. They were always going to put their shit on Steam, they've been doing so since before Epic came out with their retarded store and that kind of decision isn't made overnight. They took a jab at Epic because the opportunity presented itself and it was free publicity.

Profit is all the money you earned after all your expenses are paid. Revenue is just the money you took in.
If you sell a table for $100, your revenue is $100.
If that table cost you $99 to make, your profit is $1

>GFWL is fucking dead, and it had many more high profile exclusives than Epic has or ever will have
Every major GFWL game was sold on Steam too.

>If anything, when it comes to PC gaming Steam is basically a monopoly.
Many of the games on Steam are also available on GOG or elsewhere, and they aren't actively trying to keep games from the competition unlike Epic.
And
>BUT STEAM
isn't an answer, good job dodging the question.

I'll buy it from a store that has a shopping cart, maybe.

I don't believe in brownie points, at least not when MS is involved. They want the gamepass to sell well which means they have to improve their service.

>microsoft and steam shake hands while epic screeches about competition and monopoly while its on fire
Come on, a meme edit is waiting to be born here

Which is pretty bad because some GFWL games are broken forever now, like lost planet 2.

MS has been putting games on steam for a while.
Sunset overdrive and quantum break come to mind

Everyone knows that, retard.
Maybe you should look up the word "pedantic"?

I don't think anyone ITT had any doubt what so ever that I was talking about the cut Steam takes from the selling price.
Go be a massive faggot somewhere else.

Attached: 1522820432339.gif (230x230, 1.54M)

>Microsoft is a massive monopoly
>Steam is a massive monopoly
>two monopolies working together to stamp out good competition that is challenging their tyrannical rule

ummmm sweetie?

That wasn't the point tho.

I know Tim Sweeney in real life. He's what you would expect from the guy who made Unreal Tournament. Weird mannerisms, not much in terms of social filter, etc. he'd fit on Yea Forums quite well, in fact it wouldn't surprise me if he's around here somewhere.

EGS is definitely due to him not liking the 30% Steam cut. Not for profits, just him not liking it, he's the kind of guy that will do all this just because he thinks it's wrong, it also explains the state of EGS, because it wasn't supposed to compete with Steam until one day Sweeney decided that 30% cut is too much.

Also for all you trannies who think EGS is great because evil Steam allows those evil bigots to leave reviews: Sweeney is definitely not politically correct, you won't like him, in fact you'll hate him.

Attached: 1538858232144.jpg (235x215, 8K)

Steam has a massively dominating lead on every other platform available. And I did answer the question, learn to read. Macintosh was still selling computers when courts ruled Microsoft had a monopoly in the 90's. Another case of Yea Forums retards only being able to think in black and white.

>my piles are cured and all it took was being fucked in the ass this is great

Yeah I'm sure all this is exactly what epic wanted to happen, they definitely wanted Microsoft to join forces with valve, they're super happy about it. We are blessed to have such a philanthropic company looking out for us.

>steam actively undermining windows' hold on the OS market
UMMMM SWEATIE

>Steam is a fucking desert of endless garbage and asset flips
>dev is afraid that his garbage game will blend in and will be forgotten in a sea of other garbage games
Its no wonder why failures like you run to epic for quick cash grabs

For now...

Wait why is Steam taking 30% a bad thing?

From what Epic is showing us these past few months it seems like running a multinational digital storefront is harder than it seems. It's as if you can't just throw money at something hoping it works.

2 monopolies? woah what the fuck is happening to pc gaming

Holy fuck, there actually are shills here
I thought that shit was just kind of a meme, but here it is, the most shitty and shill post of the thread

Now you're just sounding a like a bitter, projecting loser, user.
Why are you treating a company like your favourite sports team?

Attached: 1538797819047.jpg (987x700, 148K)

.t zoomie too young to remember what Steam was like in the early days

>Microsoft is massively successful software developer
>Steam is a massively successful videogame storefront
>Both agree to work together to get more money
>Epic who's idea of competition is to get popular shit and make it unavailable for everyone not buying from them screams and burns in the distance as more people ignore that clusterfuck
OH NO NO NO NO NO AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Saying "profit" suggests that they're just taking money for no reason
Calling it what it is, "revenue", points at the fact that steam is actually doing something for their cut.

It's not being pedantic, it's like saying "I drank too much" and "I drank too much water" They are different fucking things.

holy shit the mental gymnastics on this one

Go shill elsewhere, 5c army.

Your point?

Why does it matter to you so much where you buy something from? You know you've actually outed yourself as a big corporate whore with this post, right?

Not supporting garbage business practices, brainlet

The Chinese government is the enemy of all life on earth
How fucking hard is it for you retards to understand this

I'm indifferent, I wont use it because I'm too lazy to sign up for another store but I dont hate epic.

>dev makes a piece of trash asset flip
>puts it on Steam
>nobody cares
>Goes crying to big daddy TIm
>Gets a couple of million dollars and runs off
>Game doesnt sell because its a piece of trash and nobody cares
>No problem, got paid lol
And the fact that getting called out on that shit makes you talentless hacks seethe is so fucking hilarious. You shouldnt be here, you cant block comments you know

You fucking idiot. The point is not that Epic or Steam are a monopoly, the point is your retarded fucking ass thinks if you have the option of buy thing or not buy thing then that counts as having choices, which is the most pro-monopoly piece of retardation I've heard on this website ever.

Attached: Screenshot_20190531-181630_Firefox.jpg (1439x792, 221K)

No, those are not related at all. Sounds like you're the one who struggles with basic economic concepts.
Epic delivers the same services for a 12% cut, while Steam demands 30%, which comes on top of Epic's 5% cut if you use their engine.
No matter how you look at it, making 88% income on a sale is much better than 65%, and that's why I hope the Epic Store becomes a serious contestant. The Valve monopoly isn't helping anyone but Valve.
Epic has a long way to go yet, though.

>steam has a monopoly on games
>gog is a financial disaster and without the witcher ip gog would already have been closed
>there is literally no other multi game launcher which tries to sell more than their own ips

>epic games tries to compete with steam
>realizes steam has a monopoly and only cutting prices is not enough to make people use another launcher
>egs realizes that steam has created a monopoly because if you want to drop steam you lose all of your games
>egs realizes that the only way they can compete in an uneven "competition" is to get the games exclusively on the egs like the ps4 and switch
>not only is the egs paying greatly for short exclusives, they also take a much smaller cut than steam
>redditors still complain

I don't get why there are people out there who suck steam's dick so hard. Steam is not your friend and pray to god that you never need the customer service. Instead of forcing Steam to be pro consumer and stop taking your games hostage, you complain for that a company tries to compete.

There are more and more game and the gaming market is literally more than full. I hope the egs wins and we will finally get console exclusives on PC.

Also this
Steam has Chinese investors as well, but the average gamer is stupid anyway, so just throw a meme out and retards will believe it.

>you're a corporate whore because you wont suck my favorite flavor of corporate dick

Lol epic needs better people defending them

>Why does it matter to you so much where you buy something from?
Sales. I can afford shit on steam during the holidays. And steam doesnt increase prices before a sale, nor does it refund a game I bought on a sale because it was sold at a lower price

Good for you I guess. I just don't care about this shit, but you just had to mention it.

>Not a single argument
>uarechinkshillmate xd
i heard ya steam drone

You dont even know what monopoly means lol

>steam has a monopoly
>Steam has Chinese investors as well
you're a special kind of stupid

>egs realizes that the only way they can compete in an uneven "competition" is to get the games exclusively on the egs like the ps4 and switch
They should have financed their own IPs instead of cockblocking games that were already scheduled for a Steam release.

This

Why are everyone so angry at Epic? They are the only competition at the moment, and competion is really needed in the current market.

>steam has a monopoly on games

No matter how many times you dumbfucks say this it's never true in the least. GFWL and direct2drive anyone?

investopedia.com/ask/answers/122214/what-difference-between-revenue-and-profit.asp

maybe it has something to do with the fact that 'the great her, the ultimate competitor to steam who's gonna topple the monopoly!' is literally built of sticks and rags, and cant even hold a decent sale without collapsing and STILL has no shopping cart, the most basic of storefront features

>and competion is really needed in the current market
Why is it needed?

And no, I won't take "SHIT GAMES AREN'T SELLING" as an answer.
And yes, if you say "BUT MUH OPPRESSED DEVS" then you better rally against the perpetual crunch machine that is Fortnite updates.

>Competition.

Like Borderlands 3, Metro Exodus, Rocket League and all of their other exclusives, right?.

And im not talking some Nintendo shit doing their own IPs, im talking about throwing money until a company makes their game EPIC's exclusive: That's no competition man, that's monopoly.

Also, all of the left is Steam.

>Epic's store is currently in panic mode, with ridiculous sales and even more free games every week to desperately trying to get any sort of real relevance.

I have to say, i agree with this.

>GFWL and direct2drive anyone?

Attached: 1539989186881.jpg (600x337, 13K)

>Epic delivers the same services for a 12% cut
>Doesn't even have a shopping cart
Sounds like you're the one who struggles with basic economic concepts.

inb4
>"Think for yourself, that point is invalid because it's obvious"

george-costanza.png

Because the market is run by a de facto monopoly?
And come the fuck on, since when is Steam good? There's clearly room for improvement, and improvement will never come from within current Valve without external pressure.

>Epic delivers the same services for a 12% cut
No they don't. Your premise is wrong so your conclusion is wrong.

Thanks for linking a website that I already summed up in four sentences.

>Epic delivers the same services

Attached: dLaMWIn.jpg (846x900, 83K)

Their new multiplayer API is miles ahead of anything previously made.

So that means we have to support the absolute trash that is Epic now? What the fuck are you even saying?

At least choose GOG you absolute muppet.

>>there is literally no other multi game launcher which tries to sell more than their own ips
Both Origin and Uplay sell 3rd party games.

>epic timed exclusives
>fucking chinks bribing developpers and forcing me to use inferior plateform

>sony timed exclusives
>based sony is giving competition a hard time .
>if you want to play it, just buy the inferior plateform.
>you know what . The stupid dev should have kept forever an exclusive
It is crazy how gaymers are conditionned to accept console exclusives and still shit on epic store .

Attached: ds.jpg (300x168, 7K)

Steam is not a monopoly, and even if we go with the idea that they are for the sake of argument, they've never leveraged their position to push competition out of the market. They don't shit like, say, use all their Steambucks to have a company only sell on their store at the last minute to make sure their competitors don't get any sales off the back of a very popular game. All while not offering any sort of service that their competitors are offering.

Epic could easily compete with Steam without having to just pay for third parties to not sell anywhere else. They could leverage their insane amount of moneys to hire armies of testers and moderators. Offer a much better refund policy. Fund their own exclusives from the ground up. Have a half way decent PR guy. Any and everything except for literally just doing nothing and removing choice from the market.

Furthermore, competing storefronts don't need you to stop using other stores, just prefer their store from now on or in certain occasions. Having a bunch of exclusives or free games isn't going to make Steam users stop buying from Steam or stop using their Steam games. You don't "lose" your games when you buy from the EGS, you just now have another library to manage. If Epic doesn't have a reason to use their store aside from buying exclusives they're losing money on or their free games they're losing money on, or their sales they're losing money on, then they'll never be profitable.

>I hope the egs wins and we will finally get console exclusives on PC
None of the former console exclusive games coming to PC exclusively* to the EGS are coming because of Epic. Every single one of them was getting ported anyway, and they've admitted as much. Epic just paid for exclusivity, like with their other games.

Attached: Nine Leaves - Peace in Death Instrumental Cover.jpg (1080x1080, 1.03M)

>muh shopping cart
Epic has like 20 games at the moment. There's barely anything to fill a shopping cart with.
Steam was barebones as fuck, and extremely buggy shit when it launched.
Of course ES will get a shopping cart eventually. It's not as though it's hard to implement, nor does it cost a lot of money. It doesn't do anything at all to justify a 30% cut. The monopoly is what makes the 30% cut possible.

I don't think anyone has critized EGS for the pricing or the games they offer. It's the shit UI, the steamrolling their way into the market with consumer-unfriendly exclusive deals that even pull games from other stores at a moments notice and the gook spy company behind it. I for one don't even have to consider buying BL3 on Epic despite it being a game I have yearned for for years. Epic is on the wrong track and I'm not going to reward that behavior. You have to take a stand or in 5 years everyone is kicking themselves when Epic is all we have left. Brute forcing your way to the top of the market and crushing competition is how you get shit services, just look at cable companies in the US.

>choose gog
>literal who store filled with 30 year old games
Yeah, that "competitor" will dethrone steam for sure

>they've never leveraged their position to push competition out of the market
No but they've bloated their service to entrench themselves in the market so that almost all their userbase has a very heavy incentive to not go against them.

It might not look predatory but for all intents and purposes every feature steam has is for the sole of purpose of retaining its monopoly.

>Uplay
They used to, AFAIK. I've found an article but none of the games listed there are on Uplay anymore, unless there's a region lock.

>Fund their own exclusives from the ground up.
Not even that. They just could have been acted like the average 90s publisher or Devolver Digital and that would have been much better than what we have today. At least publishers offer feedback.

Yes, a forced duopoly will be much better than a de facto but relatively benign monopoly! You fucking moron.

Attached: comcast-charter-overlap.jpg (1009x784, 118K)

I'm not saying you "have to support" anything, I'm just confused as to why people are so riled up about the Epic Store. I hope they becoem a serious contender and a counter-balance against Steam.
I used to hope GoG would take that role, but they simply fialed to deliver. Epic's more aggressive approach is probably the only thing that could hope to make a dent in Steam's kingdom.

>console gamers are conditioned to accept console exclusives and subscription cocksucking
FTFY
consolefags are also the ones pushing the Epic narrative because it boggles their puny minds on how free the videogame market actually is and in their eternal butthurt, they want to make PC gaming as shit as theirs

Someone edit this.

Attached: boobs-butt-and-feet-comic.png (1000x1000, 67K)

Yeah the streaming services really benefited with all their "competition", didn't it?

>Steam was barebones as fuck, and extremely buggy shit when it launched.

Yeah, in 2003

Attached: bonk.png (262x176, 87K)

How is the market run by steam when it's the publishers who decide whether steam even sells their game in the first place? If every publisher decided they were sick of steam's shit right now they could pull their games and steam would not be able to stop them.

what is oligopoly?

Epic unironically has no hope to go against steam anymore now that Microsoft has put their foot down.

Literally the only way they can feasibly fight against it is by having Sony back them up but we all know that's just a meme.
Once the Steam-Microsoft train starts rolling Epic is going to get sidelined hard. They're going to be on the same-tier as all the other launchers and that's the worst place you want to be.

> I hope they becoem a serious contender and a counter-balance against Steam
>GOG failed
>Epics aggressive approach is the only way!
get fucked, epicshill
Also, Epic's aggressive strategy is why their store is still dogshit after all these months and why no more devs and publishers are willing to sell out to them

>Stonetoss
Yikes.

>sees the inb4
>says exactly that

>Steam was barebones as fuck, and extremely buggy shit when it launched.
15 YEARS AGO, for only valves titles.
I could have a webstore up and running with a shopping cart, TODAY, before dark!
The shopping cart is the most basic of basics, if you can't manage a shopping cart, how the fuck do you expect to do any of the actually difficult stuff?

What the fuck am I even reading right now?

>I have no idea how u can become a fanboy of a store, like steamfags who will literally kill you on sight if you say something good about epic.
This basically. If Epic becomes big enough to take significant market share away from Steam, I'll only put more pressure on Valve to improve. Steam monopoly is not a good thing.

Steam is a monopoly, because it makes no sense to sell your game anywhere else and lose out on 90% of the market, and it makes no sense to buy anywhere else when the prices are the same and most of your games and friends are already on Steam.
That's also why Steam doesn't deploy aggressive tactics like Epic does now, but Epic absolutely have to if they want to carve out their share of the market.
And I think it's a good thing, if it can lead to more pressure on Valve to actually improve their service, lower their fees and ultimately lower the overall prices of games. Competition is the only way capitalist markets can stay healthy.

>b-but steam was shit years ago
EVERY TIME

EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME

>offering a better service to get a loyal userbase is a bad thing! Here's how!
A perfect resetera/buzzfeed article

Here
>No, but they've added content that their users have requested as QOL improvements

More features is bad, mmmkay. If you enjoy certain features of a store, that just means the store is abusing you.

right, but steam paved the way on how this should be done
this isn't some new company venturing into whats considered a brand new concept
This is just a company that saw a store and decided it wants its own
it just decided not to get all the features that are implanted in every other store because who knows

Aight retard

>A forced dupoly
How is it "forced"?

>will be much better than a de facto but relatively benign monopoly!
Unironically yes. A little competion is always better than no competition. And what the fuck do you mean by "relatively benign"? Sounds like you're just a company bootlicker

>No I don't need to know what the word monopoly means to use it

How about you shills ask for Epic to improve their store first.

>There's clearly room for improvement, and improvement will never come from within current Valve without external pressure.
Are you fucking kidding me? The EGS doesn't have a quarter of the features Steam has, and they've always been developer focused and already said they're not gonna let consumers review or score games, or even have forums. There's zero indication they intend to have feature parity with Steam let alone improve on Steam, and all their effort seems focused on buying out every game they can in an effort to leave other stores dry.

kek the 30% excuse is retarded and a scape goat if devs truly cared about that they would use the discord store which is even lower than epic but no they only choose the chinks because they guarantee their money back even if their game is a piece shit and doesn't sell anything.

COMPETITION GOOD

DON'T THINK ABOUT ALL THE BAD THING THINK COMPETITION WHICH IS GOOD

it just decided not to get all the features that are implanted in every other store because it needs to use that money to grab the most popular third party games in those other stores to force their fanbase to break away.
The problem is that nobody has any loyalty to epic, so they will simply pirate, or buy that one game then forget about epic, or wait for it to come on steam

Steam is a de facto monopoly and you're at fault for being to retarded to see it.

Then it's not a monopoly. You're equating enormous userbase for advertising with forcibly fixing prices with no alternative. There are dozens of stores you can choose from.

So to counter a monopoly they decide to monopolize whole titles under their shitty, underdeveloped store? Yeah, lets ignore how that tactic turned out with the streaming market, it will work this time guys!

>Steam is a monopoly, because it makes no sense to sell your game anywhere else and lose out on 90% of the market
EA, Ubisoft, ActiBlizzard seem to be doing fine
>it makes no sense to buy anywhere else when the prices are the same
There's no policy on steam forcing you to sell your game only on steam. Nor is there one forcing you to adjust your price on steam to whatever price you're selling your content on or your own website/another launcher.

Let me get it in your thick skull steam drones.

Why is Microsoft going to Steam first before anyone else? Because Steam is the monopoly.

I can't believe Steam leverages its monopoly to reinvest in developing its store into something customers will choose to use and enjoy over other, lesser options. Obviously just offering a shitty storefront that bands you for buying games too quickly because they don't have enough underpaid, overworked interns to implement a basic shopping cart is the way to compete and fair treatment of customers.

Steam made ease of customer use its priority. "Piracy is a service problem." Steam started off shit, but got better because the guiding ideal was to make something people want to use. No one wants to use Epic's store. At best, people are willing to when given no other choice. That's the disconnect here. Epic thinks you can force people to do what you want on PC. Even Origin and Uplay at least fucking attempt something approaching attractive features. Not to mention GoG's commitment to no DRM. The point is to be self sustaining on your own. You don't need to be the dominant force, just profitable according to your own goals. This is why Origin and Uplay don't really get into a lot of third party sales. They're fuck huge enough to survive just off of their own development. None of them succeeded by trying to make their competitors have less, except in the understandable instance of their own funded products.

Only Epic thinks it's need to directly be combative to make it anywhere. All they needed to do was build up their own market share, not try to steal others. Because that's when people start really closely looking at how good your service is in comparison and will get very loud if you fall short in every single way.

So there are a lot of ranting and raving about 30% cut
If that's the case, how do online stores that sell steam keys get a cut if they're selling it for the same price if not cheaper than the steam launcher itself?
Is part of that 30% cut going to the online stores?
If so, how much would they get from a 12% cut?

>There are dozens of stores you can choose from.
Such as? GoG? Don't be a retarded faggot, user.
If you wnat to sell your game you NEED to put it on Steam. It's very clearly a monopolistic company, even if it allows other companies to exist. It's not like they have the option to force them out by law.

>mo·nop·o·ly
>the exclusive possession or control of the supply of or trade in a commodity or service.
It literally isn't one you fucking brainlet. Keep using words you know though.

because they want their games to sell

>If you wnat to sell your game you NEED to put it on Steam
*cof* Minecraft *cof*
*cof* League of Legends *cof*
*cof* Fortnite *cof*
*cof* Electronic Arts games *cof*

If Microsoft plans on going to other storefronts as well that means Steam isn't a monopoly since it means that other storefronts are also viable options to buy your games from

Origin, Uplay, Battlenet. You know, the ones that contradict your point so you'll ignore them.

So let's ask what the so called benefits of this so called competition is with this so called "monopoly" Steam has.

Have prices gone down? No.
Has access to goods/services gone up? No, it's in fact the reverse.
Has it benefited the consumer choice? No.

So what good has it done? Given developers supposedly more money even though the data isn't public? Come on Tim, tell me the benefits.

>Steam is a monopoly! Epic good! Suck chink dick!
>No it isnt, fuck off
>Ok then, Steam is a de facto monopoly!
Using cute words like de facto doesnt change the fact that steam is better than epic in every way and that I have no reason to use a chink botnet, you absolute dumbfuck

No, they are not doing fine (all bleeding profits) and they are not competitors for game distribution. All they do is sell their own games on their own (extremely shitty) stores, at the same prices and with no competing features.
EA and Ubishit also sell msot of their games on Steam, because it's such a huge monopolistic giant that they can't afford not to.

They didn't go to steam first, they're going to their own storefront first followed by the largest online storefront active right now.

Why are we having this discussion again?

Steam and Epic aren't fighting the same battle you numbnuts.
Epic thinks they're fighting against Steam.
But the reality is that Steam has and always been fighting against piracy.

>Have prices gone down? No.
Actually, yes. Lots of bundles have only Steam keys.
>Has access to goods/services gone up?
Yes. They have servers overseas and have several paying methods from all over the world. Regional pricing too.
>Has it benefited the consumer choice?
If there's a third party exclusive, it's purely because of that developer/publisher's laziness.

If microsoft had gone to epic, you would've been 'oh, its good for the market and consumers! Now pay up and download our botnet!'
why dont you go lie down in front of a tank

Attached: noepic.jpg (598x598, 84K)

>>I could have a webstore up and running with a shopping cart, TODAY, before dark!
This, and you can do it without even knowing HTML
I don't understand what epic was thinking. It feels like they decided they wanted to be a store in november or december and so said so done

>changing the original nyet to no

>EA
>Ubisoft
>Bleeding
They're doing as fine as other gaming companies right now, arguably better. The only one bleeding is ActiB, and that's due to Blizzard failing to pull it's weight.
>EA and Ubishit also sell msot of their games on Steam,
Please, by all means show EA's last game they put on Steam. If it's a monopoly, then they'd have all of their content on Steam, going by the definition of monopoly.

>benefits
>Microsoft has become more open than ever
>Sony games are coming to PC
>GOG released Galaxy 2
>all this happened after EGS got introduced

HMMMMMM

>Is part of that 30% cut going to the online stores?
Not part, all of it, unless they have less than 30% like humble bundle
If they had to meet epic's cut it makes they would make a lot less money

As if sabotaging linux gaming alone isn't reason enough to dislike this trash and its owner.

> anyone *else*
>implying you dont understand fully but pretend not to for either money, or out of some retarded dedication to epic

Attached: 1555491505068c2.png (322x363, 43K)

>be Tim
>give developers money for exclusivity contracts and have them fuck over customers and other marketplaces because that is the depth of his greed

>be Gabe
>give developers money just to support their interest in developing games and asks for nothing in return because that is the depth of his altruism

Attached: 1557981205610.jpg (730x936, 123K)

there are tons of other smaller publishers who cant afford to support their own store retard

>implying anything those popular 'monopolies' did had anything to do with the chink clusterfuck that fucked up its own sale
The sheer arrogance

Are these threads just an excuse for us to have a tard olympics?

>implying EGS had anything to do with any of this

That's the only positive thing I can see in them.

you're the only one

Epic please fuck off

because I have never seen an orig in or Uplay shill.

Yeah, because there is no such thing as FastSpring, Digital River, Humble Widget and BMT Micro. Kill yourself.

God if nothing else these threads are like the best (You) farms in the entire board.

They may, they may not. But either way, I don't have some irrational hatred of them like so many other people here.

>>the exclusive possession or control of the supply of or trade in a commodity or service
So, Steam then

>It's another Epic apologist thread
I dunno why you faggots keep making these threads. The cards are on the table, they fucked up majorly and yet you shitters STILL try to defend them as if it's not plainly obvious they shit the bed and piss in their own mouths. It's like you have the worst reading comprehension possible and only defend them because "Valve man evil that means Epic must be good".

Attached: tim sweeney.jpg (1200x800, 103K)

>I run windows xp

winnie the pooh

you're really grasping for straws here user

COMPETITION GOOD GUYS

I CAN'T ACTUALLY SAY HOW EPIC IS GOING TO BENEFIT US IN ANY TANGIBLE WAY BUT COMPETITION GOOD.

COMPETITION

GOOD

>doesn't know how to greentext
>"I-I'm not a shill I swear"
Pooh.
Square.

How so? Atari does it and tons of indies too.

they didn't fuck up though. they have been gaining ground since they started this campaign.

>Regional pricing too
Fucking jew tactics.
Regional pricing increased the prices by fucking 80% in my region.

Yeah other storefronts don't exist, they're all folk tales.
Whats that? They're better than Epic in every conceivable way? Nah fuck that, I'd rather shill for fortnite money.

>the free games are just a way to pump their numbers and they'll be gone as soon as they have a decent foothold
who cares. free games are free games. corporations aren't your friend. what ever Valve does to make you a drone is just to use you as a cash cow as well. doesn't really matter, what matters is what you get out of it.
>the frequent updates come at the cost of dev's wellbeing which is exactly the fucking opposite of what epic says they set out to achieve
how?
>the sale was a clusterfuck with games being pulled, some prices going up and people being banned for buying too much at once. That, and it's a very transparent attempt at some good will, don't get used to them
see the free games point.
>rich publishers are happier with the cuts they're getting.
ofc
>Devs are getting shafted,
by getting paid upfront and not getting the shitty revenue split Valve forces on small devs? if you mean studios working with publishers. they get paid the same either way, more if they have a royalties agreement.
>indies are being ignored unless they're already extremely well off like coffee stain and supergiant
there are tonnes of great indies there. You can seethe about tim not letting your shitty unity asset flips flood the store but I like curation.
>someone else will post the screencap of them trying to get a refund, something that takes two clicks on steam
no idea, never tried on either.

Yeah I can't believe how well their first major sale went. Based™ Sweeny btfoing steam

Attached: db04.jpg (631x645, 330K)

>because that is the depth of his altruism
Obviously you're joking, but it's important to emphasize that Steam doesn't have to be doing something out of the goodness of their diabetic, fattened hearts for it to be good for consumers. Steam makes mistakes. Paid mods was one of them. But it's clear Steam believes its business interests are best served by creating and sustaining an open, consumer choice oriented PC ecosystem. They believe that their policies and store features will benefit the most from this kind of environment and that even if they don't receive a benefit from investing specific VR or Linux developments, that by doing so they are supporting the environment that allows them to continue operating as they have. It's not altruistic, it's very selfish.

It happens that this environment is very good for consumers too. You don't need to shill for Valve and Steam, you just need to point out this company is offering the services you want and that benefit you in return for your patronage, and that another company says you need to shut the fuck up and be willing to pay them no matter what. One company is willing to engage you in a proper, professional business transaction. The other thinks you'll do so no matter what they do. I don't care why Steam does it, aside from the fact that their history, more or less, lining up with their stated policy allows me to trust they will continue to act in such a way that has made them lots of money, I just care that they do it.

Attached: 1534345386345.png (424x413, 129K)

Yeah, you're right.

Attached: monopoly.jpg (1890x879, 251K)

What irrational hatred?
The fact that their stores doesn't have tons of features that other stores, not even just steam, already have?
That they've created exclusivity deals for third-party releases on PC?

Yes they did fuck up. Publishers are abandoning them in droves because they realized Epic is not the savior of developers as they thought it would be. The sale literally alienated the devs and you argue it's a success? Neck yourself Cao Cao.

Attached: Cao Cao Laugh.gif (320x200, 1.9M)

That certainly triggered you, didn't it, Tim?

Attached: 1559247900520.jpg (1367x2048, 1.67M)

I probably have investor bias due to having over 600 games on steam. But i see no reason start on epic. If i wanted 2-3k games i know scalpers who can sell me leftover bundles from various sites for mere dollars. Thousands of games for maybe 100 bucks a year. Why buy on epic? I have many good games too. Ive got most of them before humble went to shit.

Fuck off shill.

No. The storefront is an embarrassment in this day and age, being more bare-bones than services that started almost two decades ago. Low prices aren't worth sacrificing other services, you can just pirate games to the same ends if you wanna get cheap games.

>That they've created exclusivity deals for third-party releases on PC?
This seems to be the only real reason for all the seething.
You faggots want to play something as garbage as Borderlands on release, but you want to have it in your Steam collection together with the rest of your collection. That much is reasonable, but why pretend Epic is evil and Valve is Christ the redeemer? Both are just companies out for your money

Read that post again you dumbfuck.

Paid mods wasn't even a backed steam thing, it was a bethesda thing that they've now fully engrossed themselves in with creation club. I know you have a lot of points here, and steam isn't perfect, but pick a better example

>yes, epic is doing a bad thing
>Why are you mad epic is doing a bad thing?

6 4 1989

Attached: 1557328134361.jpg (231x424, 13K)

>only real reason
>they'd rather keep games away from other storefronts for an entire year rather than make a good platform
Why the fuck do you think people are so negative about it? Its not just that it won't be in a better storefront on launchday, it is that it will be exclusive to a shitty one for an entire year.

I was bringing it up primarily because it was their biggest recent mistake I could think of and because the immense consumer outrage over it prompted them to backoff on it. Remember, as much as it was Bethesda show, old Gaben himself spoke out in support of it. But regardless of exactly why Steam retreated from their position, it's clear that the consumer response made them stop supporting it themselves. This is especially important because while Bethesda did come back to try again, Steam has not.

Attached: 1535726109169.png (768x1156, 697K)

It's Tim here Yea Forums.

How do we fight against Steam now that Microsoft is behind them? Bloodborne?

Because otherwise you'd just buy it on Steam?
Do you even hear yourself? You're literally arguing for the necessity of timed exclusives, to force people to try out their store.

>Am I retarded?
Yes
yes you are
>Again, I'm not here to shill
Piss off, Chang

He cute

Steam/Epic shilling aside, you're a fucking retard for thinking a post that literally points out why Steam is better than Epic is a post that shills Epic. You're playing the Tiananmen Square card against someone who isn't even shilling Epic and in fact proves why Steam is better than Epic.

Attached: Gabe-Newell-Pirate.jpg (600x400, 36K)

but with other stores like Bnet and Origin, you just have your first party games be exclusive on there
If Epic's big draw is that it can throw a lot of money at companies and make it so no one else can sell you that game, why would you ever back that?

Steam is at least a better service
>Can search for games by tags and keywords
>Community hubs for customers with a peer review system
>Steamworks framework for developers, which includes P2P Networking, easy deployment of DLC, cheevos if they're into that, other services that generally speaking are really nice to have
>Integrated chat, voice chat, streaming services (albeit rarely used in favor of Twitch)

In contrast, the EpicGames storefront
>Metro-style view for browsing, no option for List view
>Can only search by title, keywords within the titles. Searching by genre or other such tags brings up no results.
>No peer review system
>No refund system
>Services provided by Steam, Origin, Uplay, etc are completely absent

EG's store is the equivalent of GameStop for computers

Capitulate.
You might get to be Steam's Left Hand. Sorry, GOG already has the right.

While we're all in this shill thread, does anyone have the Tim Sweeny quote where he claims Microsoft is going to attempt to force exclusivity on PC games, then outright says PC gamers should be able to buy games on whatever platform they choose?

Attached: FEATURES.png (431x562, 64K)

Yeah clearly it's a much better idea to try and force people to do something they don't want to do, rather than have people want to do it by building a good service.

Attached: 8ab6.jpg (630x526, 228K)

Not my fault they'd rather waste their money on exclusive deals rather than making an actually better product than valve.

Absolutely agree with you on that point, but I'm pretty sure ES will improve with time, just like Steam did.

Did you forget Gaben spoke against W10 too?

But now he's a little cuckboi bending for that microdick.

Yup
Capitalism 101

>improve
I don't think Epic has time anymore for small shit like improving their service now that Microsoft has thrown shots at them. They're just going to double down on exclusives.

E3 pc gaming show is gonna be a fucking riot

Epic's had well over a decade to note how Steam does things. If after that they can't handle even basic shit, then I'm not too optimistic about them improving.

so its agreed
Epic is shit and anyone for it are actually shills

Nah, he kept quiet. He just began to invest in the 2% of the market share. At best, they will just stop with the Proton development.

>as long as I have choices
You have the choice to buy this game.
Or buy any other game.

I would like to buy every single game in physical form.
Do I get that? Nope.

I would like to buy every single game at least without any DRM attached.
Do I get that from the Steam kikes? Nope.

Do you also get angry about console exclusives like Mario?
Do you also get angry about Steam exclusives?

Why can't I buy Half-Life 2 from GOG?
Why can't I buy Half-Life 2 for my Wii U?

so its agreed.
Steam is shit and anyone for it are actually shills.

>bending for that microdick
Steam isn't the one making a hasty retreat from the W10 store and UWP. Steam will sell your game, regardless if you're microsoft or some no name indie.

Also Tim Sweeney left PC gaming in tears, whining about piracy and referred to supporting Linux as fleeing to Canada. He's been a bitch about PC gaming for over a decade now. The Epic store being the dumpster fire of shitty user experience and tone deaf PR is nothing new.

HOLY SHIT, THIS PERSON IS ACTUALLY CHINESE, FOR CERTAIN

>devs want lower cuts thats why they choose epic
>discord has a even lower cut but they don't give a fuck
of course they just want easy money by making shitty games

Why can't I buy Sim 4 on steam
Why can't I play Fortnite on Origins
Why can't I buy Mass Effect 3 on Battle.net
Why can't I buy Overwatch on Epic

Retarded argument of first-parties keeping it exclusive

Thanks for shilling for third-party exclusivity
Kill yourself when convenient

>Steam will sell your game, regardless
Unless they don't like something and ban it.
Or censor it.
Or whatever the fuck.

Virtual rape game -> oh noes, we won't sell this one.

...while they sell games where you can fuck hookers and then murder them in cold blood.

Wait, was is it called when fucking a hooker and not paying for it?
Is it rape?
I can't remember.

I'm not very good at this.

Attached: epictoss.png (1000x1000, 175K)

6 months for a fucking cart

Attached: unknown (1).png (1904x1065, 769K)

>first-parties keeping it exclusive
So Epic Games simply has their first party game.

Would you feel better in case Epic bought up those indies instead of simply getting exclusive deals?

There's nothing wrong with being a cute chinese panda girl

Attached: 7216.png (1143x958, 65K)

I think when you're a whore for hire it's just theft

Just make the edges on the logos slightly more feathered, though it's only actually noticeable on the Steam logo.

I waited years for the new metro game, for it to be put on this shitty store.

Still haven't bought it, still won't.

absolute fucking kek

fuck off shill

Attached: 1558647976285.png (640x758, 401K)

10 years until Steam client doesn't crash anymore.
Phew.
Heil Valve and their overlord online DRM.

Another 10 years until Steam finally allowed being in off-line mode without being online.

Slow steps.

You know what, I actually would, if they actually bought up gearbox and all these other devs going exclusive for pay on Epic a lot of this hate would probably dissipate

Nobody had any problem with epic when it was just fortnite

So what you are saying is that you can't rape hookers?

are you that retarded to think sony is gonna port those games to pc? kek

If you asked for services and just didn't pay it would be theft
Or do people rape stores too?

>Shopping Carts is a long term goal

Like I said, I'm not good at this. It will have to do.

So you lose even more, but would be happy about it?

I don't see a difference between Valve buying up talented studios and then doing fuck all with them and making exclusive deals.

At least in the latter case the studios can still produce actual proper games.

If they have funded the game or just acted like a regular publisher I wouldn't mind, because it meant they actually bothered to care about the product and its development cycle.

Theft?
What got stolen?
The hooker is still there with all parts intact.

Steam doesn't need shills

What excuse does Epic have for not already having all of this? They have shit tons of money and Fortnite milks kids of their cash like crazy

>buy studios up
>then you actually care about the product + development cycle
I don't think so, Tim.

Attached: EA.jpg (1000x2000, 158K)

Making a game store is hard, okay? Especially when you have Fortnite and Tencent money.

Attached: e84b42.jpg (882x852, 603K)

Right, it has cucked fans doing it for free.

Yeah, the sale fiasco definitely didn't happen, Not A Shill™ user

>anyone that uses Steam on a regular basis agrees that the UI is mediocre
>every other Steam competitor managed to make an even worse UI
Just fucking how? How hard is it to make a decent UI? Origin and Epic UI makes me want to kill myself and Win10Store is straight out impossible to use.

Attached: 1559327547651.jpg (391x350, 37K)

Her time
Time is money, friend

>having that shit installed in the first place
Go with your instinct and do it senpai.

You're not allowed to post anymore without providing sauce

-No games I want
-Tencent has majority stake in the company(thats a huge red flag for me)
-They abandoned Unreal Tournament 2k14

Those are my reasons. Steam has what I want and I use origin for like 2 games.

Attached: jhghjgjk.jpg (720x720, 55K)

I enjoy the free games, and at least they're going to make E3 interesting. I will probably never buy a game on their store until they add cloud saves and achievements, though. I don't even care about achievements, but it still feels like it's missing something without them.

Having a conscience makes you a faggot, user.
But in any case, yes, Epic pays the developer all they need for the exclusives.
Not that you should be supporting devs who would sell out to chink overlords anyway, but whatever.

>Steam UI
>mediocre
I wouldn't even call it mediocre.
And always remember: it took them how long? 20 years? For a so called "mediocre UI"?
Ha.

Sorry, I just really don't want third-party exclusives

>The free game every week has been a worthwhile title.
Wrong. It's Shit I've already got or passed up

>add cloud saves
Simply use an USB stick.
That way you do not have to trust the fuckers to keep your saved games.
>achievements
Oh god.
>I don't even care about achievements, but it still feels like it's missing something without them.
Oh god.

Except when they don't mind that there are lots of games that only are available as Steam keys.

Will this fucking chink with this retarded posting style just kill himself already?

Why?
I can understand someone who doesn't want any exclusives.
But when some exclusives are fine, all exclusives should be fine.

Cloud saves are so much more than just backups you retard. A USB stick is not even close to the same thing.

At this point it's starting to feel like MS/Steam vs Sony/Epic

the only thing that makes it "exclusive" to steam is them not wanting to make a launcher themselves or be sold somewhere else, not because they're contractually bound to only be there

Epic didn't made deals with Epic, but with Quantic Dream and Annapurna Interactive.

I guess that doesn't count because muh Steam.

Is this going to be more of that "wishlists and sales are predatory" shit?

The difference is the devs weren't bribed into putting it on just Steam

There has been literally a thread about this every single day if not multiple times a day. If you haven't been a part of any of those to read any reply then you don't belong here.

>USB stick
I can carry an USB stick with me, plug it in everywhere, access the contents everywhere. Company can ban my account I won't care.

>cloud
I can access the "cloud" (servers, it's servers) when I have access to the Internet. When I don't have access to the internet I'm simply sol.

>not even close to the same thing.
Yeah, thank god USB sticks do not require internet.

They were forced instead because monopoly.

steamcucks are seething because they can't show their cheevos and 1500 games list when a game is not on steam

It's worth mentioning that it's barely like they made strong deals with them either. I don't think all exclusives announced have said they're not indefinite, but so far most are explicitly only exclusive for half a year to a year. And given things like Flower came to Steam and Quantic Dream already admitted they were coming to PC anyway, it's likely everything will go elsewhere eventually. Epic's really hoping they can get self sustaining by the middle of next year.

I'm not optimistic.

There's like 10 other storefronts, retard. How is it a monopoly?

>because monopoly
literally nothing is stopping them from bringing their games to Origin, GoG or even just their own site

Yeah, but no one cares about "muh choice" in those cases.

e621.net/post/show/758293/

Attached: 9fb7.jpg (646x1016, 514K)

>Every hour I go through all of my games and root out where they keep their saves and then copy them to a single piece of fallible hardware
>I consider this equivalent to cloud saves

>their cheevos
Entirely pointless anyway because of cheats + hacks.
"Look at me, I got this and that"
Who the fuck cares, plus you could have cheated your way through. Fuck off.

If they want it somewhere else then they can bring it up with the devs since Steam has no say on that

No one has ever been forced or persuaded to put a game ONLY on steam, and Steam isn't a monopoly, it's a market leader.

>How is it a monopoly?
Look up what monopoly actually means.
US vs. Microsoft
"Windows is a monopoly"
>pah there is Linux and other dog shit, so Windows can't be a monopoly
kek

No, most customers choose to use Steam because Steam offers both the widest selection of games and the most convenient store to buy them on. And huge amount of engaged customers isn't going down either. Steam continues to keep its audience in the face of things like Orign, Uplay, Bethesda Launcher, EGS, W10 Store, GoG, itch.io, Discord, and so on. It's not because they use monopolistic practices to remain so, but simply because in one way or another, every other store falls short.

blah blah blah next thread, please

Ah yes. I too love artistically carrying around a USB stick every single place I go and memorizing the save location of all my games and copying said locations to a USB stick every time I close a game. Also, it's not like getting banned or the service going down deletes you saves. They're still on your PC. Unless your HDD breaks and you get banned at the exact same time...

Attached: SIMPLY EPIC.jpg (870x633, 258K)

>literally nothing is stopping them
Of course they can, and they will sell way way way less copies because monopoly.

That's like making a game for Linux and then trying to sell it.
No, most devs make it for Windows. Same reason.

>STEAMKEKS ARE SHIILLS
>Kooky Gook #:
>EPIC HAS LESS FEATURES WHICH IS BETTER STEAMKEKS ON SUICIDE WATCH

This triggers steam drones.

Attached: 1559328457689.png (1338x881, 285K)

>Epic shill doesn't understand that steam doesn't require exclusivity and that devs can put their games on multiple platforms.

The free games are nice, but every store has had free giveaways. It's a tactic to lure you in.
The exclusives aren't just annoying, they are about as anti-consumer as they get, and they are the most aggressive I've seen in a while. There's always the occasional game that will come out a bit early on Switch or GOG or whatever, but these fuckers are hoarding big hitters for months and months. As far as I know there isn't a single game they have funded from inception and helped getting made in any way, which increases the sense that they're holding games for ransom rather than contributing to the scene.
Feature-wise the store is shockingly lackluster, which is another sing of naked, pure greed.
Buying games from the Epic Store feels more like giving in to someone's demands than a choice. All Epic gives me is the privilege of having games locked on a different account.

I do have an Epic account, from back when they gave away Shadow Complex remastered - a game they actually made as far as I'm aware. A game I may have bought at some point. I'm not buying a single fucking game on that store.

>>steam has a monopoly on games
You clearly have no idea what "monopoly" means, if you're calling Steam a monopoly while at the same time discussing another game store.

>Company can ban my account
What do you have to do to get banned from Steam? Like, getting banned from multiplayer sure, that happens, but from Steam as a whole? Is that even possible?

I can at least understand the arguments for first-party exclusivity. Sony owns the studio, owns the IP, has some level of creative control, foots 100% of the bill, they have a right to keep that title to themselves. Plus without first-parties the only reason for consoles to exist is the community and ease-of-use. I get all that, I don't like it, but whatever. Everything else, in my opinion, is bullshit. Timed exclusivity, content exclusivity, 3rd-party fuckery, there's no excuse here except greed. The devs were greedy, they took a bribe from a company they're completely unaffiliated with in order to divide their audience.

>because monopoly
That's not a monopoly
Steam doesn't have full unfiltered control over all the games

>muh shitty Windows design
>internet servers are better somehow
That makes no sense.
Internet servers "cloud" (every time some says that stupid word I could punch someone) have nothing to do with a simple program that copies those around.
The Steam kikes could have easily built a tool that saves the saved games to an USB drive instead, but didn't because they want control.

*Sony didn't made

At least the Quantic Dream titles will go to GOG.com, since they're the only store in which they sell games directly.

Aside from the fact that your post is dissolving into caveman grunts, you keep misinterpretting a monopoly. Products don't come to a store because a store has a monopoly, customers come to a store because it has a monopoly. A monopoly is about a seller having leveraged their position, either political or economical, to prevent competitors from getting a foot into the market.

So you can only approach the idea of a monopoly from the perspective of consumer choice, not where company choose to sell their products. Doing otherwise is looking at the issue ass backwards.

No, it would be like selling your game on your own site and not getting anywhere near the same numbers there than you did on steam but its fine since you're not contractually bound to be on just one platform

Everyone that's gives even the tiniest shit about Journey has already played it

>Steam isn't a monopoly, it's a market leader.
Same could have been said about Windows.
But most people know what monopoly means.

>put a game only on steam
That has nothing to do with it.
No one has forced anyone to make games for Windows and keep them on Windows and not port them over to Mac or Linux or some other dog turd. But that still happened because Windows is a monopoly.

Why would that trigger anyone? Not even Sony shills talk about this game.

Then. Now. Forever. HOW MANY CHANG?

Attached: monopoly-Market.jpg (500x372, 55K)

>But most people know what monopoly means.
Most people, but not you, apparently.

>Steam continues to keep its audience
Because everyone have hundreds of games on steam and wont go to other launcher voluntarily because its more convenient to have all games in one place. Not because they're good or anything.
Similar thing happens in MOBA games, people dont switch games because they have accounts with $1000 worth of skins and shit they cant just leave behind.

>most customers choose to use Steam
Because they are forced to do so.
Same reason why Windows is on almost all PCs.
Especially on gamer PCs.
That's what a monopoly is.

No, I don't use Steam and still have a more than decent amount of games. Not too many AAA, but still.

Hey, I'm waiting for the GOG.com release.

>EGShill can't comprehend the concept of putting your game on multiple storefronts at the same time
Pottery

>Steam is a monopoly, now let's talk about Steam's competition in the market
Absolute retards.

If it has competition, it's not a monopoly.

And why do they have hundreds of games on Steam?

where does the monopoly part come in?

What are you even talking about?
How does that make any sense?

"Well, we can program this feature that will automatically backup the users saves to our servers so that they don't have to keep track of save files"

"Okay, why don't we do that and then make an inferior version of it that requires the user to perform actions and have their own hardware plugged in and doesn't let them access it remotely"

>memorizing the save location
Internet servers have literally nothing to do with that.
If you had a tiny clue about how stuff works, you would know that.

>Unless your HDD breaks and you get banned at the exact same time...
The whole point of that shit is to have your saves available everywhere, and that's not what's happening.
Without internet your saved games are only on the system that you made them.
With an USB stick you have backed them up, and you are in full control of them.
With those shitty internet servers you have no control.

If Valve weren't cucks, they would have at least provided the option to back up your saves to USB stick AS WELL. But they aren't because Valve are a bunch of incompetent idiots.

because back in 2003, valve decided to take a stupid risk and make a platform to make it easier to update your games

Because steam was first to enter the market. Textbook first mover advantage.

>Not because they're good or anything
Steam is still the best store despite this

6+ months. Apparently they only have one team working on the Epic store. That one tema is in charge of both uploading games to the store and working on the new features, with the games taking a higher priority.

So that list is constantly getting pushed back whenever a new game needs to be added.

Plenty of people with Steam accounts also use GOG, Origin, Humble, Uplay, etc.

The problem with Epic Games Store is that it lacks so many basic features that there's just no reason to use it unless you happen to be extremely interested in playing one of its timed exclusives at launch.

AFAIK saves aren't encrypted, so you can copy on a flash drive too.

Borderlands 3
Epic Games Store
PS4
Xbone

omg the devs are allowed to put their games on multiple platforms.

>He doesn't know how to find his My Games folder and get his save files

At least try, user

>Borderlands 3 shows up at E3
>hordes of retards buy into the hype and go to Epic store to preorder
>find it's pulled from the store
>mass migrate over to pre-order console versions instead

>but from Steam as a whole?
Trust Gabe.
Give Gabe all your shekels.
Gabe says that Steam will be there forever, so there is no reason to distrust the online DRM, that gamers were so angry about when Microsoft tried to do it on Xbone.

(Yes Epic Game Store also has online DRM, at least I think so, I don't really care about digital downloads anyway)

I thought it was just pulled during the sale. It can't still be off the store, right?

>Windows doesn't have full unfiltered control over all the software.
>Windows is not a monopoly.
>Anyone saying otherwise is an idiot.

investopedia.com/ask/answers/08/microsoft-antitrust.asp

epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/borderlands-3/home

>Plenty of people with Steam accounts also use GOG, Origin, Humble, Uplay, etc.
Not because they like it, and only for games that are exclusive to those storefronts.

I don't think the saves are encrypted or blocked in any notable way, wht are you talking about?

False equivalency

>make a thread for the express purpose of getting v's opinion
>YOU STUPID NIGGER WHY DONT YOU DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH AND INVESTIGATION TO FIND THE ANSWER SOMEWHERE ELSE!!! WHY WOULD YOU MAKE A THREAD ON V TO GET V'S OPINION!!!!!!?!?!?!
actual african tribesman over here

Attached: 1551327326641.jpg (478x319, 30K)

So we jumped straight from "I might get banned" to "it might shut down some day"?

LMFAO why aren't they on Steam again? Can't even buy the game anymore.

Say's who?

This guy beat me to it: That URL was the first result for "epic borderlands 3" when I searched it.

Also, you can't search for it on the store:
epicgames.com/store/en-US/store-search?q=borderlands 3

>comparing different consoles and stores for pc like it's the same thing
0/10 bait

Says everyone who isnt (you)

The sale's still going on. It goes until during/after E3 IIRC.

Ignoring the fact that you think you can just tell other people what their own opinions are... What games are exclusive to GOG and Humble?

Man, if it weren't borderlands, and if epic and the egs weren't giant piles of trash, I might find this kinda sad.

As it stands it's just fucking hilarious.

Attached: haw.png (406x332, 130K)

>valve is incompetent for not implementing a very niche feature with minimal utility than can be accomplished by any competent user manually

>lists some obscure abandonware from 1989

Oh yeah, I mean who wouldn't open a GOG.com account for... Teenagent? Or a Humble Bundle account for... literally no game because the real exclusive ones are the Humble Originals that are behind the Montly paywall and not in the store itself and those with pic related are SNK games that are available on GOG.com and Microsoft Store.

Attached: b97c9432b0503a6766eae4190623cd92943151ba[1].png (295x295, 24K)

All he said was that money steers community work and he was right about that.
For example look how CemU turned from WiiU emulator to BotW emulator because of money.

Anyone who denies that is pretty retarded.

what in the fuck is exclusive to humble and GOG?

What are you talking about? A lot of people love the convenience of digital distribution brought by Steam. A lot of people love the no-DRM policy, prepatched old games, and extras that GOG offers.

Epic is rad. I'm using UE4 to learn how to make games since it's the most artist friendly engine atm and completely free to use. Also competition is good for Steam. There should be a lot of options.

Attached: cacthumb.png (500x500, 174K)

>Except EGS doesnt have any DRM on their store.
They only have a spyware that read private steam files, change local dlls and send your root certificate to the chinese government

Now if only there were good competition for Steam

Where do you got that moronic pic from?
>No close substitutes
Linux, Mac OS other dog turds
All so called "operating systems".
Netscape Navigator was a so called "Internet browser"
And Microsoft was still hit with a monopoly lawsuit by the US government.
Weird.

>Full control over supply
Moronic statement when it's about digital bits and software.

>Price maker
Microsoft did not control every single price of Windows software. They simply had most of the market in their pocket and abused it on top.
etc.

Unreal is great at making ugly plastic looking games.

No one's going to buy your shit asset flip "game", faggot, you might as well kys right now.

>competent user manually
Wasn't that other user responding that it would be soooo difficult?
Is it highly difficult to upload the same saved games to fucking servers?
It has to be, otherwise this whole feature is entirely pointless (which it is).

It could be easily solved by Microsoft Windows not being designed by retarded monkeys.

Pretty sure it requires you to check in to run your games. Though I think they also added a Steam-like offline mode. Still, it's some kind of DRM. It's not literally just download an exe that you can just do whatever with.

Also, their store doesn't play nice with Ubisofts own DRM platform, Uplay, and thus all Ubisoft games on EGS are currently not for sale.

The internet browser ballot thing was in the EU IIRC and it was not the same situation at all.

UE is even worse than unity, and that says a lot.

>most artist friendly
What does this even mean

lmao dude, just pirate the game. why the fuck aren't you playing the best gta? because of fucking games for windows live?

I went through the retarded bubble points and showed the the retarded bubble points are in fact retarded, which they are.

Oxenfree is DRM-free on EGS.

Do epic got shopping carts yet, or do they still ban users for "fraud" for buying more than one game in a row?

>thinking because steam used to be like that means its okay when epic is like that
Yeah try selling an inferior product by saying you competitions product used to be shit (despite the old shit version being better then your product) and tell me how many customers you get.

>why the fuck aren't you playing the best gta?
That would be GTA San Andreas MP.

People who buy shit from EGS are dumb

Attached: 2014-EPIC Square Memorial.jpg (992x558, 229K)

It's also DRM-free on GOG where it was given away for free before EGS gave it away for free.

I also have it on Steam from some bundle so now I have three copies of it.

It was okay.

I paid for it already on retail and I want to go into multiplayer. Also, I wanted to play BlackLight: Tango Down that I didn't knew I have bought prior to the closure of the Marketplace.

My dude Cody's gunna save wrestling

People who buy digital bits are dumb.

Attached: #.png (990x800, 99K)

>people who have a fetish for a piece of plastic aren't dumb

Why make a thread about how much of a newfag and ignorant you are?

Unless those digital bits are transmitted from the developers computer to your computer by first burning those bits into plastic and then reading them from the plastic. That's smart; simply using the internet to transfer those bits is super dumb.

The blog is over there
----> blogspot.com

Attached: #.png (990x800, 94K)

Recently blizz made diablo 1 and wc1/2 gog exclusive, afaik. There are ton of other stuff thats exclusive to gog, lists are available if u google.
Humble has their own exclusives as well, i think its called humble originals.

So you never went to a cinema? Literally paying for bits translated into light particles and sound waves. You don't even get to keep the bits. Also we buy digital bytes, no one sells individual bits.

>That's smart
Yes, because then it's actually yours.
And you can do with it whatever you want.
Sell it.
Play it even without internet accessible.
Play it even when the company went under.
Burn it.

FPBP EVERY TIME NO EXCEPTIONS

Attached: 1553661874622.png (432x432, 200K)

>Is it highly difficult to upload the same saved games to fucking servers?
>It has to be, otherwise this whole feature is entirely pointless (which it is).

What about "automatic save backup" do you not comprehend and what on earth does this have to do with windows?

The whole point of the feature is "I don't have to worry about keeping track of my saves, ever"
Backing up saves to a usb drive is "keeping track of your saves". And cloud saving doesn't prevent you from doing that. Fuck steam will do it for you if the saves are held in the game directory and you use the game backup option.

Are you this retarded?

>So you never went to a cinema?
When I go to the cinema there are no bits anywhere.
Just film stock.
How it is supposed to be.

>Humble has their own exclusives as well, i think its called humble originals.
Yeah, but those aren't on the store, just in their subscription plan. By the way, some of them, like Forture-499 (which I liked) are on Itch.io and Steam but not on the Humble Store for some reason.

Choosing to publish on a single store != being legally bound to a single store
First party exclusivity != third party exclusivity

Just a reminder in case you're too dumb to remember.

>either cave in and put Borderlands back on sale for people to grab preorders for a reduced price (that varies hard depending on region) or surrender all those possible preorders
This is the best fucking shit

Attached: 1556195249430.jpg (513x449, 50K)

>Play it even without internet accessible.
>physical games never required internet activation
>Play it even when the company went under.
Same as above.
>Burn it.
>what is copy protection

You're a retarded faggot holy shit.

So now it's extremely highly difficult to simply backup some files.

Are you silly?

copy %userprofiles%\game\whateverthefuck\* E:

done.
That's how easy it is.
But when you are too stupid to do so, then you are also too stupid to copy those files over to an USB stick and it would be trivial to simply offer both of these options in such a backup tool, which Valve didn't, because they are retards.

EPIC SHILLS ON SUICIDE WATCH
fuck epic. Fuck China. Fuck tim.

read the whole chain before opening your mouth, retard