How quickly did the sense of wonder die for you...

How quickly did the sense of wonder die for you. For me it was about an hour after leaving the plateau and realizing what most of the world would feel like, just coming across shrines and korok seeds at most places

Attached: 8F87CACC-BE02-4CAC-B425-636E837A1287.jpg (1280x720, 246K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/18087515
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

for me it never left

I enjoyed it quite a bit. I thoroughly enjoyed it until I beat it. But yeah, realizing that the reward for nearly every single puzzle or quest was just a shrine or seed was pretty disappointing.

it diminished a fair amount when i realised the enemy/shrine/korok/quest variety wasn't up to much but having such a massive world to explore without being told where to go every five seconds kept it up long past that

so big, so shallow

not even a single cave to explore

idk its a good game
anyone expecting to feel the same magjc from it 3 years later needs a reality check

As soon as I saw Aunuma was the lead producer

Attached: remake_mm_woman.jpg (1052x520, 94K)

Attached: 74574568956.jpg (700x913, 109K)

slowly after doing the last beast because I postponed it for so long because I did some much else shit before
Then it skyrocketed back to its peak when I got the bike and Hard mode. I quit playing before getting burnt out again

>still butthurt 2 years after released

Attached: images.jpg (182x276, 9K)

it never left

>and the 3DS version successfully made me overcome them
Is she talking about the unplayable bad framerate of the original that sucks any enjoyment out of the game?

This
I still haven’t beaten the game it’s just too much fun to dick around in

Never left. Here's a list of everything I did in Hebra, one of the emptiest and smallest regions in the entire game:

>an environmental puzzle/riddle on Talonto peak that requires you to view a bird-shaped terrain formation from a certain angle to take the appropriate path to reach the shrine
>a stable with its own Stalhorse sidequest
>two environmental puzzles that require you to roll snowballs down the correct path to open a large door
>Pondo's lodge and associated snowball-rolling minigame
>Selmie's house and associated shield-surfing minigame
>leviathan skeleton needed for a larger sidequest
>the North Lomei Labyrinth
>another environmental puzzle where you have to find a way to safely navigate through a mostly submerged cave entrance (meaning no cryonis) without freezing in the ice cold water (the intended solution seems to be riding a log, but you can cheese your way through with enough health)
>a large wall of ice that requires heat items to melt to successfully reach the shrine
>a Lynel challenge in the north

And that's just in addition to the 10+ other shrines that don't require any puzzles or items to reach but might still be hidden nonetheless. I didn't even mention Koroks.

To say that every reward boils down to a shrine is a massive oversimplification and ignores the fact that almost every shrine contains a different challenge or the fact that even just FINDING the shrine itself can often be a unique challenge. A single corner of the map has a greater variety of overworld-related experiences than every prior Zelda game, and I kept finding new stuff like this until I'd scoured the entirety of Hyrule.

Sönyggers still seething.

After I did Gerudo desert and realized I did the best area first and the rest of the main quest was a downwards slope of quality

>For me it was about an hour after leaving the plateau and realizing what most of the world would feel like
And i don't believe you. Unless you were rushing everything like an autistic you wouldn't even be able to see all the possible environments in an hour

based (and hebrapilled)

I don’t get how anyone can think the shrines are anything other than a disaster. They are boring, they are ugly, they are disconnected from the world, their lore is shit, they have no mystery to them, and they make exploring feel like a constant anticlimax, where most things just result in a shrine instead of a more interesting purpose. Why are shrines so fucking important in this world? It’s crazy how entire labyrinths and the dark forest and other stuff is just there to serve as a test for a shrine. It makes the world feel insanely one-note and artificial

It’s good. Nothing amazing, it’s good. Now stop sperging out about it every fucking day holy shit nigger.

Attached: A610A42D-AF6D-46F6-96F1-E76E2691A1B3.png (500x522, 131K)

I swear that only niggers play on ps4 lmao

That’s not what he meant. The point was that the game becomes very predictable very quickly.

Never. There's a ton of environmental variety everywhere and sights to see/interact with. Then after I had seen everything, I took the plunge and went for 100% completion, and the Korok Seeds made me realize that even though I thought I had gone everywhere and seen everything, I hadn't actually been thorough at all and that there was a whole other level of depth to the exploration that has you really scouring every nook and cranny you'd usually pass by without a second thought.

It never died, It's just fun to exist in this world. Yeah I beat the game and did pretty much everything but sometimes it's just relaxing to walk around and explore. I'll usually put on the korok mask and find a few seeds while I'm at it.

And i don't believe him. "Hurr durr collectibles" doesn't mean anything

About around when I beat two of the divine beasts. Every area was pretty much the same song and dance with a different skin. Enemies are severly lacking in diversity and the only ones that were actually fun were lynels, gaurdians and moldugas. The only side quests that actually had some semblance of character was Tarrey Town. In fact the whole game just lacks character. Still had a good time playing it.

most of the shrines have better puzzles and problem solving than the dungeons of past zelda games, but their problem is that they are ONLY about their gameplay and have no aesthetic or personality to them, so they kind of blend together.

>The only side quests that actually had some semblance of character was Tarrey Town.

You definitely didn't do all the sidequests.

About 30-40 hours. Still a great game but I really hope they make a more focused Zelda next.

I still get the urge to explore BoTW again, but as big as the map is I feel like I've seen every interesting place in the 140 hours I've put into it. When does Praey for The Gods come out?

If you don’t understand why this content doesn’t make for an interesting, organic world, then you just don’t understand. It feels like more of a theme park with silly mini games than an actual world with history to get lost in and explore.

Shrines are the equivalent of hidden holes/grottos in previous titles which also had a samey aesthetic, so it's nothing new, except in this game they actually took the time to give 100 of them completely unique subterranean challenges, puzzles or assault courses.

I don't get how anyone can think the shrines are anything other than an improvement.

I'm not even a Zelda fan and I've only played this game for about five minutes on a friend's copy but keep in mind this game was made for the WiiU.
Seems like they did the best they could with what they had to work with. Maybe their next game will be a lot better using BotW as a jumping off point.

As long as the next one has actual dungeons and adds more enemies and unique items then it should be fine, BOTW was really lacking on the variety aspect

To me it felt like all of that, and even most of the environmental puzzles were subtle enough in design to feel organic.

If you've completed every shrine quest and shrine, then you've probably already completed the most interesting stuff. Sometimes I still manage to get surprised by Korok puzzles though -- even if it's a puzzle type I already did, the placement alone can make it different and challenging from the rest (e.g. finding a way to carry a rock across a sinking mudhole to complete the formation).

Like 60 hours in I had 1 divine beast, 18 hearts, full stamina, and all towers.
While novelty wore off then I still wanted to get the rest of the shrines to do the Trial of the Sword.

Also grottos and those hidden caves 95% were useless as they would just give you bombs, arrows, rupees you could find in the overworld in any other Zelda.
I do agree that just going to Shrines to get the same reward also felt a bit dull after a while.

Attached: A0225741-3CF8-4C79-8F7B-E4A72775FC5A.jpg (499x417, 71K)

This

The hidden holes and grottos were a very minor part of previous zeldas

The shrines are BotW’s most prevalent content

On my 3rd playthrough, I'll let you know

and yet there are people waiting for wow classic

>The hidden holes and grottos were a very minor part of previous zeldas

If we're talking about overworld exploration, no, they absolutely weren't. They made up the largest bulk of optional content in OoT's map, WW's map, and TP's map. They had a smattering of other things, but so does BotW.

They already made a super "focused" Zelda, it was called Skyward Sword and people hated it.

>They made up the largest bulk of optional content in OoT's map, WW's map, and TP's map
This is outrageously false. The grottos were a very minor part of OoT’s size content as well as WW

Playstation owner here, I got a switch just for this, absolutely loved it, played for 250 hours. Easily one of my favourite gaming experiences ever, the sense of discovery is still unmatched. Then I traded my switch in and my old ps4 for a ps4 pro, got to roll with it lads.

Attached: dxwZb9.gif (320x320, 2.25M)

About 110 hours in,
Then I ran across the DLC shit by chancce.

Go back and replay those games. Nearly EVERY optional island in WW had a hole. OoT mostly only had holes if you were looking for optional stuff, it only felt "minor" to you because there weren't many of them and not a whole lot to actually do in OoT's map.

user, the keyword is "optional". Obviously WW and OoT's main content comes from their main quest and dungeons, but that's mandatory content as part of the story.

The shrines are not replacements to grottos, they are replacements to heart pieces. The fact that people compare them to grottos tells you how shitty they actually are.

>game blatantly wants you to do Vah Ruta first
>every other region has less time devoted to characters and is less of a spectacle when you get to the beast
Vah Medoh had to be the most disappointing.

and heart pieces used to be primarily found in grottos and similar small hidden areas and puzzles, so it's still valid to say that shrines replace grottoes.

>they are replacements to heart pieces
No, that would be spirit orbs which still get you hearts.

The shrines are blatantly replacements to grottos. We're comparing them to show how much grottos have improved and how barren the previous 3D Zeldas were in comparison.

Replaying it with the DLC was fun as hell since I raced to do the divine beasts in order to get the master cycle fast. The apparatus storage glitch that lets you get max hearts and stamina simultaneously feels fucking great too and going around on the master cycle is actually a lot of fun which I didn't know before since I had already got 100% the first time I had it
Pic related feels like Samurai Jack shit before the final season turned to garbage

Attached: D6K7MX4UwAA0IEK.jpg (1280x720, 67K)

I don't know, man. Vah Naboris was a pretty nice quest.

When I figured out it isn't actually that difficult to beat the Lynels.
But that took me like 50 hours at least since I avoided them ever since my first encounter.

Attached: 1488021313257.png (591x797, 310K)

Nice disguise snoyboi but you're not fooling anyone!

They're fun to fight but annoying when you forget you're wearing shitty armour and get hit. The amount of hearts that you lose is just annoying, but when it happened to me it was just because I wasn't paying attention and it was my own fault kek

Have dates to prom.

Attached: 0CAF8645-2515-4D24-A25C-111208E8F022.jpg (2448x3264, 873K)

Game seems possibly interesting but I feel like I would get bored of it very quickly. Just a ton of tiny shrines and the treasures everywhere are just more average weapons that will break in 5 minutes. Seems like there's a lot of things in the world but they are pretty unimportant. I don't get how they took a series based on exploring intricate dungeons and managed to make a game with zero dungeon exploration. Instead of 120 tiny shrines why not merge them into 8 massive dungeons? Same content, just better presented

I don't know if it's worth buying a Switch for.

When I realized there were only 4 "boss" enemies that were going to be reskinned/recycled for the entire game and Molduga was stuck in the desert.

Attached: zelda-breath-wild-impa.jpg (1264x684, 146K)

Truthfully, level scaling bothered me more. Having to break multiple weapons on enemies made me want to stop playing.

Attached: 1551927155185.jpg (480x472, 28K)

The shrines have no atmosphere at all. They’re basically warping the player to an isolated test chamber. At least with a dungeon you can feel like it’s an older structure that has a history to it.

already fucked your mother kid

Seething have sex.

never. the game just emphasises scale in every way a video game can

This. On my second playthrough and I ended up playing it for an hour longer than intended last night without even realising.

already fucked your mother. she squealed like a pig

It really bothers me that they didn't even try to make the exteriors of the shrines fit the environment. Little things like having ones on Death Mountain covered in soot or rubble, ones in the jungle covered in vines or in a general state of outer neglect, snow in the snow region, etc. They're too pristine.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 132K)

an hour or two into my second playthrough.
i feel like going into this game completely blind made a huge difference. i had no idea what the designs for the zoras and rito even looked like until i saw them in the actual game

It depends on what you look for in a Zelda game. If you wanted more of the overworld exploration that the original LoZ and, to an extent, WW had, you'll like what BotW has to offer. If you're all about dungeon crawling, you'll most likely be disappointed.

I was having a great time for the 140-150 hours it took me to beat the game. Got all the shrines, 300 korok seeds, most of the armor, most of the side quests.

Beating the final boss in less than a minute was a little unerwhealming but it did make it feel like I had made Link worthy of being wanked off as the chosen hero.

On the Ganon fight, and even the sense of wonder came back when Master mode came out

I'm in the same boat. I tried replaying the game on master mode when it became available and I couldn't get back into it. Depending on how thorough your first playthrough is, this really is a one and done kind of game.

LoZ1 had equal parts overworld and dungeons. BoTW is 99% overworld. And a repetitive dull one at that. Could have used so much more enemy variety.

pretty sure i searched about 80% of the map and i dont feel like playing through 200 hours of content just to find the 12 shrines i missed.

>do the story
>Ganon gets weaker during the final fight
why would you do this
>oh user it's to make it seem like link got stronger
in the other games you've already got a shitload of items and health and magic. they don't also nip the battle time in half by draining his health.

I thought it was mentioned by some NPC that the shrines only popped up from the ground recently. I could be remembering wrong, though.

>played game on Wii U version to near completion
>hear DLC is coming out
>buy the adventurers collection because i wanted the swtich version anyways
>find out you have to beat the game to get the motorcycle
yeah im not paying 100 dollars for that shit what a waste

After about a hundred hours. There were too few shrines left. I'd explored most of the nooks and crannies of the world, and so there weren't really any surprises left. After playing for about a hundred hours, I discovered a town I'd never been to before though, so that was cool. More stuff like that would've been nice, but overall I was incredibly satisfied with the game.

This. Casually doing a perfect file for playthrough 2.

Master mode is just a chore. There's nothing fun about fighting a Bokoblin with 6x regular health+regen.

>LoZ1 had equal parts overworld and dungeons.

People who say this didn't play the game.

LoZ's dungeons are an absolute breeze and take maybe a few minutes to get through at most. The fact that they have no puzzles barely makes them dungeons at all, they're basically just recolored enemy gauntlets with a boss at the end. You spend more time navigating your way through the overworld map.

the scene where the divine beasts blast him to fucking kingdom come was cool but it was pretty lame that it just made the fight piss easy
the divine beasts should have just made him vulnerable or somehting

After i finished the main story and all that was left was shrines and seeds.

If you already know where the dungeon entrances are you can blow through the overworld equally as fast. The only way you're getting through a dungeon quickly is if you have also done it before and know where the secret bombable walls are, etc. To a first time player they will spend about the same time exploring both halves.

>LoZ1 had equal parts overworld and dungeons
Let's not pretend Zelda 1's dungeons were anything more than rooms full of enemies that would lock upon entering.

It was better that way, when dungeons were more about trying to survive. They actually felt dangerous, and something like this feels a lot more natural than contrived puzzles.

Shit frame rate and gross fog with the washed out filter ruined it for me from the start.

>How quickly did the sense of wonder die for you.
as soon as footage started coming out and it was downgraded from pic related.

Attached: zeldawiiu.gif (600x339, 3.9M)

*I* liked it despite its flaws. I hope it gets an hd rerelease with some tweaks so I can turn off Fi

Attached: FBF4CA36-ED91-4B10-B011-307D4242E9C6.gif (250x141, 906K)

Zelda 2”s dungeons were mostly fights but going through them was still really cool and atmospheric.

It was also heavily downgraded from this.
>but it looks basically the same!
It doesn’t even come close

Attached: 8D04CB42-A735-485D-87B0-2DF34DDE8E06.jpg (1280x720, 216K)

As cool as that looks they made a good choice in Botw ditching Link's green shirt and floppy hat. It just looks so stupid and cartoonish when the rest of the scene is realistic like in pic.

There's times when there's no fog, but it doesn't seem to happen very often.

>Then I traded my switch in and my old ps4 for a ps4 pro.
What a waste. Not only are you losing money on the trade, but you traded 2 things for something you already had with a minor upgrade. And the PS5 is around the corner

>If you already know where the dungeon entrances are you can blow through the overworld equally as fast.

But you don't, and that's the whole fucking point of playing LoZ. A first time player will spend far more time navigating the overworld because the actual dungeons are small and focused enough to figure out where you're supposed to go relatively quickly in comparison.

Watch any first time Let's Play on the game and you'll see those players in the overworld for much longer than they're in the dungeons.

Yeah fuck Nintendo. Maybe the hd remake in 5 years will look like that.

This game really needs a remake already.

Attached: 1535517509269.jpg (1921x2161, 823K)

400 hours in.
Still didn't die.
Cope.

Attached: 1538590070028.png (900x2200, 2.24M)

the green hat should be mandatory, I certainly prefer it over what they tried to do with his hair and ponytail

Attached: lodsarupees.png (800x800, 340K)

This is my worry. Haven’t started BOTW yet but I like to save my Dlc for the end

>another environmental puzzle where you have to find a way to safely navigate through a mostly submerged cave entrance
I went full spider man on that and tried to climb the walls. Doesn't work really well but you can still land near the sanctuary. Log is the safest option.

It really is weird how only the Zora and gerudo areas felt like they had love put into them

Turning off Fi doesn't fix SS. I say this as someone who played through it with codes set to disable her entirely, remove black bars, disable item collection notifications (bugs and materials), and WM+ mapped to a stick.

What’s wrong with the last season? I thought it was nice outside of the contrived end

I was able to avoid most of the white and gold ones. That's not why I stopped, it just wasn't exciting exploring everything again. It's not like you can do a different build or anything with your character. You can either do stuff in a different order or just deliberately do stuff with low resources to challenge yourself.

But the exploration of the world is what made it interesting to me.

The goron and especially rito areas felt unfinished. It’s actually pretty crazy how much more work went into the Gerudo area

>outside of the contrived end
the setup to the contrived end was most of the season

Yup, it died for me as soon as I realized BOTW was just another generic Ubisoft tier open world. Once you've seen one shrine you've seen them all.
> Environmental variety
> MFW

Attached: 4858e6302b8122537577928e9a838cdc.png (420x420, 426K)

>only 400
Kys, Doug. I am still on the plateau 4000 hours in. this game is the best thing ever.

FPBP

Rito area at least looked pretty. Death Mountain legitimately feels like they didn't finish it.

I’m actually not a big fan of the games enormous field of view. It makes the scale feel really small.

20 hours maybe. Talking to Yea Forums during release week didn't help because it just accelerated the realization and killing any "wonder".
I still soldiered on though, but I still never beat it.

The proper way to do it would've been that having all beasts results in an easier first form, and a different more difficult final form.

150 hours when I finished the game

There's an area near kakariko that looks a lot like that, unfortunately I don't have the pic on me tho but maybe some other user has it as its been posted in previous threads

This was never meant to represent a real game, it was made clear at the time that this was only a tech demo

While that’d make it more fun I’d have to question why you’d “punish” the player for actually playing the game. The only way you could justify that is if it led to entirely different ending, which would kinda kill the “you can rush to the final boss” shit they were going for.

>tech demo before WW
>tech demo before TP
Nintendo should stop doing Zelda tech demos. It just results in people being disappointed and getting overhyped.

You already need all the memories for the true ending. The bigger issue would be the possibility of players missing the non-true version, by leaving ganon alone until they have done all the beasts.

desu if they're going to focus on making content optional then the rest of the game should be affected by the choices you make, otherwise there's not much of a point to just having everything available, other than ADD players not getting upset that they can't do something out of order

>another grimdark TP game

Yawn. Glad it was just a tech demo.

But it does basically look the same.

Attached: 1527297449527.jpg (3600x2024, 3.4M)

All of the flashbacks are prerendered videos and you have two of them in your pic.

The only thing "killing the wonder" is how some of the best-looking areas absolutely tank the framerate
I thought Kakariko was bad at first but I couldn't believe that the big setpiece in Korok forest where you finally see the Master Sword makes the game shit itself, who saw that and thought it was acceptable?
The worst thing is it's the location around it more than anything, like Kakariko and the Rito village they squeeze together a whole town in a space you can run across in twenty seconds and the game can't handle it. Was putting it right in the middle of Korok town so everyone could clap at the Deku tree worth crippling your painstaking recreation of your series' most iconic shot?

>the only game where Ganondorf actually uses this sword is Ultimate
it hurts

Attached: 1.jpg (605x453, 52K)

Fuck christ. Imagine actually feeling a sense of wonderment over a bunch of pixels you fucking losers.

Except those videos use the in-game graphics. But here, have another one.

Attached: 1527298678984.jpg (3600x2024, 2.98M)

so nothing to say about the other 14 then

Imagine being home in the middle of a weekday spending your free time being mad online and thinking you have room to look down on anyone

Imagine having a brain so riddled and shot with mental illness and bitterness you cannot enjoy things and seethe at the idea of others who are able to.

You must be fun at parties.

Does the emulation run well now. I stopped paying attention because it was pretty poor last time I looked and I wasn't in a rush. Ideally I'd like to get 1080p 144fps, but if it runs at 1080p 60fps on a gtx1080 and i5, I'll give it a shot.

Attached: blatrd.jpg (475x530, 47K)

>playing a empty open world game with shallow combat for 400 hours
Hey kiddo, I got the game just for you. You'll love it!

Attached: 286.jpg (1920x1080, 76K)

S N E E D I N G
N
E
E
D
I
N
G

I think BotW is a phenomenal game if you're a game designer. It's got a lot of great stuff to learn from and take inspiration from. The world design is also great.

But as a videogame, it's very mediocre. A LOT of missed opportunity and wasted potential.

Only after I had really cleared all the shrines, did all the DLC and beat the game. Until the bitter end, I was captivated in finding new things, exploring new areas, and delving deep into the world. With Hero's Journey Path Map whatever turned on, I notice some places I had never been and saw that, holy shit, there were a few stretches of the map I'd never been, even after 150 hours. Good shit.

people hated the motion controls and the garbage story along with a whole bunch of other issues it had, but if it did anything right it was the soundtrack and the dungeons. Bothers me a bit that they couldn't let Lanayru be its own unique thing and had to bring back the whole "ancient technology" shtick for BOTW where they proceeded to run the concept into the ground

Attached: sand sea.jpg (1567x1105, 315K)

Yea Forums - video games

I played it around January, it ran alright for the most part and there was some frame dips around some village with a waterfall but that was it. Game was decent but got bored about 3-4 hours after unlocking everything for the slate. Just didn't touch it and eventually just deleted it. Maybe I'm burnt out ot open worlds but personally I felt Dragons Dogma did a better job at the whole making you feel like your going on a adventure thing. No real desire to go back to it.

Attached: 1559194016429.jpg (600x600, 64K)

I'm not a game designer and I loved everything about it, so that argument pretty much goes out the window right there.

I wish they removed the ugly pea-green filter the game has sometimes. It looks great without it.

How does a post apocalyptic Hyrulr have virtually no caves or ruins to explore. It’s mind boggling

pretty quick, around getting to zoras domain shit was already really boring
I think low IQ people find this shit interesting because they lack the capacity to realize how repetitive it is

>Dragons Dogma did a better job at the whole making you feel like your going on a adventure thing
DD's overworld is fucking awful and one of the best examples of an empty overworld. It's a good thing the core gameplay is fun.

I wish it had some caves but there actually are a few ruins to explore.

I think you just have low standards. As a videogame, I found it to be very boring, especially as a huge fan of the Zelda franchise. but that's not to say the game was all bad, it's got a lot of great stuff to it too. And I knew this from day 1. When I took a second look at it, I was better able to appreciate its strengths in design.

That said, only a fool would say the game is flawless, cause it's most certainly not. The divine beasts and shrines are terrible. It's got no real sense of progression. The enemy variety is shallow, and this is cause of the clunky weapon system. The breakable weapons were poorly implemented. And the glider can practically break the game, making many carefully crafted overworld obstacles totally trivial. See, if this were a proper Zelda game, Glider would have been a late game item, locked behind one of the later dungeons. One that would open more of the world to you.

The biggest problem with BotW is that Nintendo gave players TOO much freedom. It went in the opposite direction to the practically on rails SS. You do have to have some structure in your games, yes, even open world. Not totally linear no, but not completely ambigious. There should have been more though put into the level scaling and sense of progression imo.

Also, final boss was utter trash.

True enough, but I just personally got the "going on grand adventure to do the thing!" feeling more so from that game then botw. I don't know what to tell you. I also didn't get much into botws gameplay and shit. I know you can do nest looking stuff but the actual "hitting bad man with sword" combat essnt fun, while as you said DD's core gameplay is pretty fun.

Attached: 1558291859969.png (329x298, 174K)

>but I just personally got the "going on grand adventure to do the thing!" feeling more so from that game then botw
It's because of the way it starts. Imagine if BotW opened with the scene of Link taking on the hoard of enemies as the Master Sword lost its power and you could actually fight until you dropped instead of just having you wake up at the Shrine of Resurrection.

I think you just have unreasonable standards. Saying that the shrines are terrible even though they offer a plethora of creative puzzles and 100 unique challenges is missing the forest for the trees all because you didn't like their aesthetic. The divine beasts were short and had a few issues, but their puzzle box nature made them feel well-designed to the point of being relatively enjoyable. It very much has a sense of progression intimately tied to the player growing stronger the more they explore. The breakable weapons helped emphasize the game's philosophy of player experimentation.

BotW isn't flawless, but it absolutely pushed the series in a direction it needed to go.

The Divine Beasts are only bad as a replacement for actual dungeons. The concept of a dungeon itself being a puzzle you solve by manipulating their large-scale structure is really fucking cool, but being able to easily clear them in

I prefered ocarina of time because even though it's simpler and smaller and all that, you always adventured to these unique locations and had these dungeons and shit

botw feels like you just walk around this ugly ass world seeing shrines every fucking where to the point you don't even want to go inside

I don't know, I don't think it's that at all. Maybe someday I'll come back to it but as of now, I haven't much interested in playing it, or many open world games really save stalker mods I guess, but that's more due to playing a lot of slav shit recently.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY

Seriously, this is the most pathetic comment I've read all day.

I hate when games do that. Try to make for an epic action start but because I've never played the game before I don't know the controls yet and just end up fumbling around looking like an incompetent dumbass instead of an action badass.

based
SEETHING

Attached: 1525804688232.gif (726x400, 85K)

your mother thought you were a pathetic turd when you came out of her vagina, faggot

lmao

FPBP

I don't see how this could be possible without you being retarded or some shit

>This game just has no content
>But look at all this content I did in Hebra
>NOOOOOO THAT DOESN'T COUNT STOOOOOP
every fucking time

>The concept of a dungeon itself being a puzzle you solve by manipulating their large-scale structure is really fucking coo
If you think this is new to Zelda, then you haven't played enough Zelda games. Tons of games in the franchise feature dungeons where the core idea is to manipulate an element of the architecture to get through the dungeon. See Stone Tower Temple, Eagle's Tower, Lanaryu Desert, etc....

The Divine Beasts did nothing new, they only made it less subtle so brainlets could catch on.

see that cool looking mountain? it's the most boring piece of shit empty place of nothingness... y-you can go there

FPBP
replying it for the fifth time on hard mode
Going for 100% again

>y-your mom
lmfao

Shrines all popped up when all the towers did, which is when Link first activated the Great Plateau Tower

Me too. I want a slow buildup and payoff. Let me get into it

you did peeling potatoes equivalent of game content

As soon as I completed the map. Probably the minute I climbed the last spire.

>IT DOESN'T COUNT BECAUSE I SAID SOOOOOOO
cringe, yikes and oof, how sad

I don't like how Link can just climb vertical surfaces with no effort. It should be an ability he gains from a dungeon or boss. Him just Spidermaning it up right at the start is weird.

400 hours or so, after I had gotten everything I could get out of the game. So never, I guess.

I didn't say so I just chimed in
runescape quests are more exiting than the repetitive piece of shit tasks you do in botw, even your cherry picked blogpost examples

>BIG BLANK LANDSCAPE GOOD
>JUST MAKE YOUR OWN FUN!
>CONTENT DOESNT MATTER LOL JUST IMAGINE THINGS
wtf based

It took me a full playthrough for the wonder to die out and believe me I hate ubishit with a passion. This game, compared to the usual ubisoft shovelware, has passion. I think it's the best open world game on the market right now. If there is anything that comes close for PC or PS4 by all means recommend it to me.

Attached: sample-f1396eba1a34b412be1d47b47f07801b.jpg (1075x1000, 93K)

>this blank, empty game has *braaap* passion

not even an unique IP with half of these never left samefag posts, get your shit together and go outside once in a while or something
>b-but muh this and that
literally not a new IP

This is literally seething, lol.

>STOP HAVING FUN NONONONO NOOOOOO AAAAAAHHHHHH THIS GAME DOESN'T EVEN HAVE 15 HOURS OF CUT SCENES AND A SASSY BLACK LESBIAN NPC THAT BOSSES YOU AROUND, HOW ARE YOU EVEN ENJOYING IT!?!?!?!! STOP IT STOP NOOOOOOO

have sex

so much seething, how can one game be so based?

>Be a child
>Pop Zelda 1 into your NES on Christmas morning
>Feel a sense of wonderment and amazement at the concept of a video game and being able to go wherever you want
>32 years later
>Now an adult
>Buy both BotW and a Switch on release day
>Pop the game into your Switch
>Experience a newfound sense of wonderment and amazement at seeing how far video games have come since that Christmas morning 32 years ago
I'm sorry you lack the concept of empathy user.

you sure showed me by being some incel having insecurities over video games

I honestly don't feel like arguing with you, so lets just agree to disagree. I genuinely don't care. You're entitled to like whatever you like, but I disagree that BotW was as good as you say. I felt it was a lot of wasted potential, but it did have a lot of really strong positives. Overall, it's a middle line Zelda. Better than the worst, PH, ST, SS, etc... but not anywhere near as good as the best in the series.

The hype surrounding it is overraed though.

>It pushed the series in the direction it needed to go
No, it didn't. Dropping the core elements of what made Zelda Zelda, and replacing it with puzzle boxes is utterly stupid, as is removing all sense of structure from the design in favor of unhinged freedom.

What I meant by progression was more in line with empowerment given to you by your abilities, not pointless statboosts in equipment. Other Zelda games, like Metroid, start out with Link having a very limited range of skills at the start, and then being fully capable at the end. BotW doesn't have this, as link is basically maxed out from the stat. Outside of the shitty Champion abilities, you don't gain anything new. It's like Ninendo dev tested Link in BotW, and then forgot to lock those abilities behind in-game challenges, giving them all to the player at the start.

I repeat. Glider ruins the game. It should not have been made available so early on.

Says the guy getting furious that people enjoyed a universally acclaimed video game

When I 100%'d. I can't play this game the same way again since now I know where everything is, so now the adventure is just a formality.

It has more handcrafted content than every previous Zelda game and the vast majority of open world games. Cope.

the shrines are fucking stupid, and the dungeons are utter ass

real men develop to find wonder in real life instead of latching onto some childhood toys to the point where everything revolves around it instead of it just being this little thing you do when you're bored and can't be assed to do other shit

>dude stfu ill kick ur ass fuckin autist
no dude ill kick UR ass
>no no NO NO WAIT I WAS JOKI-
*WHAP* *WHAP* *SMACK SMACK SMACK* YEAH YOU LIKE IT
>NO NO NO NO OW IT HURTS
*ZZIIIP* *NRAAAAP* THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS TO LIL CHING CHONG NINTENDO BABIES LIKE YOU HEH SISSYYYY *SCHLAP* *GLORP*
>OWWW AUGHHHHHGG *BRAAAP*
MMM I LIKE EM DIRTY YEAH *SMACK SMACKSMACK*
>PLEASE STOONAGAYSHHSHHS IT HRTS SOS BAD I WANT MOMMY REEEE MOMMYYY
*PANTE FLY OFF* *FLIES UP AND LANDS ON UR FACE* TASTE MY BIG SALTY BEAN JUUUUICE *PFFHHHTT BRAPPPFF*
>FBNFMM SNORRTTTSNIFF SNIFF

to be fair runescape quests are some of the best MMO quests period

The difference is that when you were a kid video games were a relatively new thing so of course it was novel and amazing. 32 years later we are so inundated with the things it is impossible for even BOTW to trigger the same kind of feeling because really it does not do something another game hasn't already done sometime before.

You see that mountain? You can climb it for a korok seed.

I'm not saying shit, anything but the truth about you, game was alright, it's a video game, my life doesn't revolve around fighting over some stupid game you fucking loser, I'm not you

>How quickly did the sense of wonder die for you
It never did.
Put 220h into the game, beating the story twice and locating all the shrines, and it still captivated me again when I fooled around with the game using CEMU just recently. And I've not even touched any of the DLC yet.

Literal masterpiece.

BASED nintendo babie btfo

I grew up in a small mountain town but now I have to work in a hot crowded flat city. Exploring in BotW has been a relief and doesn't get old because it reminds me of home

Attached: 1558194956002.png (413x352, 164K)

That isnt empathy, dumdum. What you are describing is nostalgia.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!
THIS SO MUCHHHH!!!!
I FUCKING LOVE BOTW SO MUCH!!!
I HATE CACA POOPOO OOT!!!!
OOT IS POOP!!!
FUCKING FAGGOTSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

Attached: 1c3.gif (240x267, 1.54M)

botw doesn't remind me of real nature at all

sure thing you triggered cuck. learn to cope

probably because you never get out of your mother's basement you retarded faggot

you're pretty fucking dumb with your generic meaningless meme replies, just look in the mirror and tell me I'm wrong

about 5-6 hours into the game realizing it's only the same shit everywhere. After that i just rushed the beasts and beat ganon and got it over with.

Have sex, incel

And a minigame. And a beautiful easter egg. And lore. And important equipment and resources. And some shrines. And a quest. And a Lynel.

haha imagine being so angry over such a basic statement, I live next to a nature reserve btw, real life and botw aren't very similar at all

>"I honestly don't feel like arguing with you, so lets just agree to disagree"
>proceeds to argue

Yeah, no. If you can't take it, don't dish it.

>No, it didn't. Dropping the core elements of what made Zelda Zelda, and replacing it with puzzle boxes is utterly stupid, as is removing all sense of structure from the design in favor of unhinged freedom.

Those "core elements" in previous Zelda games amounted to doing mindless shit like shooting switches with arrows and using your dungeon items on conspicuously placed "USE DUNGEON ITEM HERE" mcguffins. The puzzle box style of divine beasts allowed you to manipulate the entire dungeon to solve its puzzle and actually think about its layout on a macro level. There IS structure in BotW, it's just not adhering to the needlessly arbitrary way you're defining it. Giving players all their tools needed for puzzles at the start was an intentional design choice that works with the philosophy of the game. Just because it didn't work for you doesn't mean most people didn't enjoy it.

What the fuck is wrong with you

>the only thing a Snoy can do is reply with violence
wow, how BTFO can someone be, how cringe...

thanks for proving my point autist. take a shower an man up, uggo.

>And a beautiful easter egg
>And lore
might as well be the same thing given how Zelda games treat referencing past games an excuse for not developing worldbuilding

Seems like you're triggered. Yikes.

your coping mechanism is just ignoring what I say because you know it's true and refuse to face it, you're that kid from school everyone hated due to him being obnoxious as fuck loser and always putting blame to everything else but himself

Is this the only way Nintnedofriends can discuss this dead game? By baiting Yea Forums into talking about it?

I get it, your general died and we all played this 7/10 game on PC but come on ,you're better than that Nintenbros

Attached: wew.jpg (500x500, 96K)

*shits on your face*
ching chong the xi is dead

My sense of wonder in all open world games died since Skyrim

triggered about what exactly?

The worldbuilding is the games and the realization that all of the games all actually happened and proof endures after all these years.

>all this projecting
learn to cope and man up you inbred faggot

I don't know what else to tell you but you're wrong about me and I seem to be right about you

>you're better than that Nintenbros

Attached: 1558075236081.jpg (1007x1080, 500K)

Nobody wants to hear about your childhood traumas you dumb mouthbreather.

Lose weight.

Attached: 1449332339573.jpg (978x972, 162K)

Twilight Princess still the GOAT.
Fuck this empty open world normie pandering shit.

>no u
typical response from a mutilated faggot. dilate

it'd be cool as fuck if it had like the same mechanic from journey where some random ass player joined your game but you had no control over it

imagine randomly finding some random ass player somewhere, not tied to you in any way, just two randomly connected players, could be on opposite side of map too

It didn't, actually, cause thankfully Im not a jaded fuck. The sense of wonder kept going for about 130 hours for me.

you summed up your own posts with that one

What an ironic post, considering TP's overworld is probably the emptiest in the entire fucking series.

Attached: 200.gif (355x200, 771K)

>he likes twilight shitness
Spotted the Wii babby.

Attached: 1531748996272.png (1600x3100, 469K)

Attached: OOFT.png (1867x854, 1.32M)

>Yeah, no. If you can't take it, don't dish it.
What the fuck are you talking about? I posted my opinion in response to the OP and you immediately dismissed it with a disregarding statement going “hurr, well I liked EVERYTHING so your opinion doesn’t count.” I didn’t even say the game was bad, I said I was mixed on it, and stated it had positive and negative traits. Why the fuck do you get so personally offended at the idea that people aren’t going to 100% love BotW?

Grow the fuck up you manchild. Take your own advice: “if you can’t take it, don’t dish it out.”

Don’t @ me anymore, I’m not in the mood to debate with sone illustrious BotW fanboy who can’t handle any criticism of the game. Fuck off.

or you're jaded and turn to video games for shit others experience in their day to day life :)

DELET

stay seething, autist

Even on my fifth playthrough it hasn't gone away. I could play this game forever.

>mmm yes, my soulless OoT rehash
Kinda sad.

>Even threads not anything about trannies still have people seething about trannies

can you say OBSESSED? Say it with me now OBSESSED WITH TRANNIES

you can literally just run away from all enemies without any issue

You can do that in every Zelda

haha probably true

I got bored 150 hours in. What a shite game

>witcher negro is back after getting destroyed yesterday

Attached: 1431538227244.jpg (287x421, 84K)

NICE COPYPASTA

After playing open worlds like Elder Scrolls or Witcher it’s just fucking weird to play an open world with no politics at all and basically no relations between the towns. None of the NPCs in BotW really give a shit about anything going on, it’s all so ho hum. Even for the NPCs that help you it seems moreso like a hobby to them than a pressing concern. Most people you meet walking around are just ho hum travelers or hikers. I understand that BotW is not really an RPG open world but I just think it’s worldbuilding is way too minimal. It feels like basically nothing is going on

>S-seething Sony
Rent free

That's actually pretty good if you got bored after 150 hours. most games bore me after 10 hours

>I posted my opinion in response to the OP

You implied that only game designers would enjoy the content in the game, I replied and said that's false since I enjoyed the game and I'm not a game designer. Quit crying and learn to read. I never said you had to love everything about BotW, so you're already projecting bullshit to other posters because you're getting so butthurt over what I said that you can't think clearly.

I'll repeat: if you can't take it, don't dish it. You can post your opinion, but be prepared for people to criticize your opinion if it's full of horseshit, which it is. I can handle criticism of the game and even have critiques of my own, I can also disagree with yours. Quit acting like a child.

>projecting
thats going to be a big yikes from me

Cope.

Something you can't clearly do when confronted with criticism of this game.

I just implied you're the one doing childish judging over video game preferences but okay

I'm on my fourth playthrough, finally tackling the Korok seeds while giving Master Mode a shot. In my nearly thousand hours of playing I'm still in awe, still discovering things in the world or possibilities in the engine. Truly there's no game like it, not just the "size" that people talk about but the way you interact with the world. You can do literally anything in this massive sandbox. Ubisoft, Rockstar, and CDPR haven't even scratched the depth of possibility in Breath of the Wild.

you literally just said I turn to video games because I dont experience wonder in real life you fucking mongoloid.

. Truly there's no game like it

Nintendo fag, yes there are. There are literally TONS of games EXACTLY like BOTW but FAR FAR BETTER.

yeah praise brother, frick the sony and microsoft retards and all that shit I love nintendo and botw, best game every made, you can literally do anything, played for over a thousand hours and still find new shit all the time

Making it post apocalyptic was such a boring idea. I see people say this is the Zelda they always wanted, a Hyrule you can just explore around, but this is a sterile, dilapidated, overly mechanical version of Hyrule. I wanted a Hyrule that was more enchanting and full of life.

Autistic screeching isn’t criticism
Cope

>shitposting is criticism now
go take your soi, low test snoy

Attached: 1516004397439.jpg (988x1059, 159K)

yeah well you clearly missed the implications with that one, it was a reply parodying your own childish post

It's even more shallow than a dry sidewalk. The only reason this game gets praise is because it's a Zelda game.

BOTW does nothing new or unique. Not a single thing. BOTW is the epitome of terrible game design.

Such as?

based

it was done purely because it was cheaper to dev and due to technical limitations

Yes, that’s why the industry near-unanimously praised it for its innovation

Attached: 67AB3E6C-533E-492B-8841-442B78823D5A.gif (480x358, 1.16M)

>it was merely a parody and a vague interpretation!
wow, you're retarded.

inb4 something something Nintendo bonus

you can steal a firetruck in gta and spray water on people, causing chaos and traffic jams with police coming after you as you do you ridiculous shit

So basically shitty braindead environmental "puzzles" and pointless shrines that are copy+paste? Cool. I'd bet you'd find watching paint dry to be fun.

it's still there for me, 100 shrines later, but the feel of the game definitely changes into something else once i obtained all the stamina upgrades. if i made a game, i wouldnt remove those limitations somewhat.

Fucking based.

Attached: 4s.jpg (1700x1063, 448K)

Played it for a few hours. I think it's a fun game so far.

well you lack self awareness, that's all I'll say, maybe you're jaded after all, anyway it was you who lacked comprehension no matter how you want to lash out

What a weak analogy

Imagine if the shrines actually had neat lore in them from an old culture and weren’t just “tests for the hero”.

>There's a ton of environmental variety everywhere and sights to see/interact wit

What the fuck are you talking about? Open land, open snowy land, open desert, and empty forest? Yea total variety there. And what can you do with the environment besides cut down trees and burn grass?

was it an analogy? okay
good luck causing chaos in botw, all that'll happen is some enemies fighting you

i know it's a tech demo, i'm just saying, the artstyle is much better than the actual game's artstyle.
just because it's not cartoony bing bing graphics doesn't mean it's "grimdark."
it also doesn't look like twilight princess at all, since it doesn't have the mid-2000s brown color pallette.

Most UBISOFT openworld games are better and have more content than breath of shit.

or if the shrines amounted to something, imagine if there were pieces of hidden shit scattered in the shrines that upon discovering could allow you to discover some other cool shit

I enjoyed it enough to finish it, but I was glad it was over. Did a fair amount of exploring and side missions, and did all main missions. My main issue with it was that other than the champion abilities, the tools you got in the first hour of the game are the same tools you'll be using by the end of the game. Would have liked to have more stuff to find and unlock, like a hookshot maybe or hover boots or unique items like the spinning top thing from Twilight Princess.

Why are you greentexting environmental variety? Are the biomes not enough for you? Especially when most other open world games stick with one? Desert, high desert, tundra, highlands, plains, forests, jungles, tropical beaches/islands, mountains, and volcanic frontier. That doesn't even dive into the smaller details like ruins, towns, labyrinths, the castle, or the subtle differences between the two plains and three snow regions, the two highlands, and the various mountains.

hi eric

it's boring, I'm so sick of them using locations and moments from past games in lieu of actually developing Hyrule or the world around it
>no heroes are ever remembered that aren't Link or that don't tie into the plot like MC's nameless hero, who is just a Link stand-in anyway
>no locations outside of Hyrule are ever mentioned unless they appeared in a previous game, like Labrynna/Holodrum which still get completely disregarded in current titles. Hyrule has more parallel worlds and dimensions than neighboring countries
>barely any wars or events pass between games, unless of course they're major plot-related in which we only see them briefly mentioned
every major 3D game since OOT has solely relied on it to prop up the bulk of its narrative and it just brings me out
>WW and TP are sequels and a huge chunk of their plot are based on the events of OOT, complete with returning to locations from it
>SS is a OOT prequel and spells out so many events that lead up to it like the creation of the Master Sword, Hyrule, why Ganon shows up, etc
>BOTW can't even have you start exploring without showing the player a giant OOT reference and then proceeding to reference it constantly in other areas like Zora's Domain, Goron City, the Ranch Ruins, Gerudo Desert, etc (granted the game relies on references to other Zeldas a ton too, but OOT easily gets the most)
>even Castle Town's ruins in BOTW have a destroyed cathedral in a similar area to where the Temple of Time was in Ocarina, despite being based on TP to begin with
It just seems inexcusable for a world as big as BOTW's to not put any effort into its worldbuilding beyond references, when plenty of other series have done much more in regards to establishing setting. It's been like ten thousand or so years in BOTW since the last time Ganon rose up yet no major progressions outside of the games have happened since
>inb4 autism
I expect more from the company capable of creating some of the best games ever made

Attached: zelda_by_bjornhurri.jpg (1229x724, 473K)

All the land you see there on the bottom pick, that's 98% empty. This game is trash, it's a Zelda game so of course people are going to give it a highscore regardless of if the game is shit or not.

>destroyed
Really? All I saw was you losers mental gymnast your way through

>i-i-it sold more
Wrong
>i-i-it made more!
Wrong
>i-i-it had more GOTYS!
Wrong
>i-i-it was more well received among gamers
Wrong

Before finally ending up on "w-w-well GameFaqs like Ocarina of Time" or something along those lines

Attached: th-4956-1166.jpg (589x331, 146K)

300 hours in. Botw has alot of good ideas and it is a good game but ironically enough the game is lacking in actual secrets despite it's size. I've explored every bit of this game but all I find are shrines, korok speeds, and memories. Sure you can climb any mountain but what's the point if you know what to expect? Also the world itself is rather dull. Barely any side quest, no caves, lack of enemy variety, etc.

Attached: Linkle.jpg (1280x720, 148K)

Okay user I’ll meet you at your next marker

So empty, so good! It's like a pb & J sandwich without the pb&J

At least 2/3 of the game is the same copypasted grasslands and mountains. And every part of the game has the same copypasted textures, models, enemies, etc.

game is so soulless, where's the cool easter egg shit and unique hidden shit?

>waaaaah it doesn't count because i said so

Two years later, friend.

It still looks nothing like the E3 build. You need to get your eyes checked.

Only Zeldas worse than BOTW are TP, SS and Zelda II.

And that's the bottom line.

entire game can be seen in those four shots lmao

Exactly. I played this for 2 hours and got bored. I HATE walking simulators that lead to nothing.

DD is fucking awesome and I frequently replay that game because it has content!

DD's world is far fucking better than BOTW's empty world in every single way.

coping, how cringe

>Fagon's Wogma
>good

Looks like it to me. The grass is the same, the textures in the distance are roughly the same too. Stop looking at cherrypicked screenshots and play the game, you goof.

>let me spend my evening replying to everyone with coping
ok

This guys get's it. A big thing that killed BOTW for me was removing everything that made Zelda games unique and didn't replace it with anything. BOTW could have been GREAT if they followed the Zelda format and removed that fucking shitty weapon durability system.

shit doesn't look like that one shot even in cemu you fucking mongoloid, for one the shot has more geometry than you'll ever see in botw

>plethora of creative puzzles

They don't. There's about 5-10 puzzles, that's it. They are copy+pasted like CRAZY. You're a blind fanboy if you think otherwise.

gradually, starting from about 20 hours in and completely losing interest after about 40 hours

seething, how yikes

the guys named 3 things he did, he just repeated the same thing over and over.

>2015
jesus fucking christ

Attached: 1546589425302.jpg (720x720, 69K)

I bet you even purposely played the inferior version of this game

For me it was around the 400h mark
Even with the korok mask I was still 300 seeds left and I couldn't bother anymore

>2019 and people are still crying about MUH WEAPON DURABILITY
fucking brainlets man

>I think it's the best open world game on the market right now

You need to play more openworld games.

>That underground temple chock full of murderbots
>That ancient road through the river basin now falling apart and home to monsters
>That shrine behind the waterfall
>The twin peaks separated by a long winding river that traverses the entire province
>That freezing mountain with a holy oasis guarded by a corrupt dragon
>That massive lake with the long bridge spanning it and the first time seeing Farosh come out of it
>The wide open grasslands filled with murderbots and ruins of a civilisation destroyed
>Hyrule Castle, which is just an amazing area full of secrets and interesting nooks and crannies
>The storm rought rainforest
>Those mysterious monolithic laberyths full of peril and treasure
>The massive volcano that spews fireballs at you
>The province caught in eternal autumn all around a beautiful waterfall and lake
>The fish kingdom plauged by eternal rain
>The desert sandstorm and how easy it is to get lost in it
>The temple in the mines guarded by flying sentries
>The giant horse, last of his kind roaming the dry grasslands
>The horse god
>All the towers with their unique surroundings and obstacles
>The long intracite enemy camps built over water or some other hazard
>The mysterious foggy woods that travelers get lost in
>The assassin's base and the quest to head there
>The frozen desert steppe
>The ancient keep where the soldiers of the king made their stand
>That wall before Hateno surrounded by !dead guardians
>The first time you come across a Talus by accidentally standing on top of it
>The snowboarding route in Hebra
>Finding a bear and riding it
>The long windmill filled winding ravine carved out by a dragon
>The cherry tree filled peak where you can find a divine mount who you can ride, but not tame
>The sole descendant of the royal steed, roaming wild

I never had a Wii U so nope

So many assblasted faggots. Quit crying and enjoy games again you jaded cunts. Move out of your parents house, lose weight, get a job, have sex.

Attached: Smug Gungan.jpg (300x300, 25K)

Who are you trying to convince?

>The beautiful lake and the forest besides it with a view of the twin peaks
>The swampland full of lizardfolk armed to the teeth with boomarangs and spears
>All the wildlife and plants, all fully interactive and part of the game
>Stalking a deer through the forest and catching it to ride
>The mineral deposits that glow an erie bluish green at night and can be seen from afar
>Those hidden mountain hotsprings
>The cursed statue that only shows itself during the nighttime
>The matriarchal town that you have to sneak into disguised as a woman
>The secret store full of men's clothes within
>The skeleton of a massive ancient creature hidden deep in the desert housing a great fairy
>The long steep cliffside in between the Zora and Akkala
>Those massive seastacks patrolled by sentries and hiding a secret shrine
>The plateau chock full of deer and the excellent shrine quest there
>The library full of hidden passages behind bookcases
>The secret harbour underneath the castle
>Sneaking past a massive centaur to steal his arrows and jumping off a cliff into a lake when he catches you
>escorting a message down a river between two lovers
>The group of horse mounted bokogoblins terrorizing the dry grasslands
>Skeletons
>Who are riding skeleton horses
>Giant skeleton ogre
>The territorial mountain goats that will butt you off a cliff if you aren't paying attention
>The wolves that circle you and dart in to bite you when you back is turned
>Catfishing some beta to con him out of his boots
>The 7 monolithic statues in the desert and solving their mystery
>The forest so dark you can't see 5 metres in front of you
>The assassins posing as travelers in need of assistance

shits practically the same on switch too btw

I don’t understand how you can “explore” a world that has almost nothing to actually explore except boring fields and boring shrines. Sometimes you might come across something best looking like the statuses in the desert, but then you realize it’s all for just another shrine. You find a camp in the mountains with a journal? Oh of course it’s just about another shrine. Oh and of course a labyrinth you find is just for a shrine.

How can you feel like an explorer when the game is basically laying out these flashing rocks going “here! This is for you!”

In that order?

weird assumption but okay, literally doesn't matter what you think of this game

This

>The beautiful lake and the forest besides it with a view of the twin peaks
>The swampland full of lizardfolk armed to the teeth with boomarangs and spears
>All the wildlife and plants, all fully interactive and part of the game
>Stalking a deer through the forest and catching it to ride
>The mineral deposits that glow an erie bluish green at night and can be seen from afar
>Those hidden mountain hotsprings
>The cursed statue that only shows itself during the nighttime
>The matriarchal town that you have to sneak into disguised as a woman
>The secret store full of men's clothes within
>The skeleton of a massive ancient creature hidden deep in the desert housing a great fairy
>The long steep cliffside in between the Zora and Akkala
>Those massive seastacks patrolled by sentries and hiding a secret shrine
>The plateau chock full of deer and the excellent shrine quest there
>The library full of hidden passages behind bookcases
>The secret harbour underneath the castle
>Sneaking past a massive centaur to steal his arrows and jumping off a cliff into a lake when he catches you
>escorting a message down a river between two lovers
>The group of horse mounted bokogoblins terrorizing the dry grasslands
>Skeletons
>Who are riding skeleton horses
>Giant skeleton ogre
>The territorial mountain goats that will butt you off a cliff if you aren't paying attention
>The wolves that circle you and dart in to bite you when you back is turned
>Catfishing some beta to con him out of his boots
>The 7 monolithic statues in the desert and solving their mystery

"oh man that area over there looks cool"
>running
>running
>running
>running

yeah nah

It was a hologram

BOTW does not have de plahnet coahhh. 1/10

game would be cool if it consisted of self contained stories in many locations like villages and camps and shit, then you play those as you discover them, each giving a glimpse of some bigger issue that's facing the world, some hidden main quest you only access once you yourself realize what it is, like some threat or something you can get rid off to solve the bigger issue that's causing all the self contained stories in the world

none of which progresses or benefits you in any way except more green circles and red hearts that you'll never need

>The forest so dark you can't see 5 metres in front of you
>The assassins posing as travelers in need of assistance
>That shrine in Hebra hidden inside a cave with an entrance halfway up a cliff
>The long trails to strengthen your sword where your resources are extremely limited and every heart counts
>Stealing the weapons from your enemies before you attack them so they have to fistfight you
>Using electricity to disarm your opponents
>That first time you ran into a Lynel and he absolutely pummeled you until you decided to come back when you were stronger
>The mounted goblins hunting deer and game
>That one cozy fisherman village
>Racing sand seals through the desert
>Snowball bowling
>Shield surfing down the snowy slopes of Hebra
>Golfing with massive boulders
>Fishing for sunken treasure at the bottom of the sea by using your magnesis powers
>Enemies armed with electric arrows in the swamp shooting the water and zapping you
>Enemies kicking your bomb around like a football completely oblivious to their impending doom
>The castle prison full of monsters locked in their cells trying to jab you through the bars
>The lizardfolk that stay out of your attack range darting left and right only going in to swiftly attack
>The lumbering lanky giants that hit hard but are clumsy and easy to dodge
>The swarms of bats that divebomb you before flying off
>Using bombs to catch fish
>The world so massive that it takes 20 minutes to run accross, and that's in a beeline assuming no climbing or combat
>The massive grouping of waterfalls and lakes deep within the rainforest
>All the enemy camps, each slightly different from the last and with different ways to kill the monsters within
>Pushing a raft up a river or over the ocean using a korok leaf

Nobody said it was perfect, but the "no content" meme is just that. A meme.

Autism doing good for once

Go look up the secrets RDR2 has and you’ll realize how insanely lacking BotW actually is. And RDR2 isn’t even a game that is focused on exploration, but ironically it feels more rewarding to do so. Many times in RDr2 you stumble on something across interesting and mysterious and not just another korok puzzle or shrine

not him, didn't read, just wanted to say yikes, have sex and lmao at you having some text file saved on your computer about some random ass game, why do you even hope to convince anyone of anything other than you genuinely being autistic or some shit? I bet you're a regular in these threads

How about instead of going into the game with the intent of hating it, because it's Zelda or because it's Nintendo, and you actually give it a shot? At first I hated it because it wasn't the Zelda I had grown up with, weapon durability seemingly ruined it, and the story wasn't as narrative due to open-world restraints. Then I put that to bed and gave it a real shot and now I can safely say it's the greatest game ever made, the only game I see in the next 10-20 years usurping that title is a sequel.

Congratulations on padding your list with dumb bullshit and enemies and shrines. I could make a list for Skyrim that’s like ten times as long if my standards were as low as yours

when people say no content they mean, shit's shallow, repetitive and boring, the content isn't exiting, literally how can you not realize something so fucking obvious?? literally fucking how?

>What is exploration?

>if someone doesn’t like it, they must have gone into it intending on hating it
Maybe they just didn’t like it

>being so obsessed with wanting to look like an adult you forget how to enjoy the little things
you know thats literally what kids do right bitch boy

You know, you could have just left the environments. Those are legit. The enemy descriptions are blatant padding. Stop trying to glorify fucking Keese swarms.

>I could make a list for Skyrim that’s like ten times as long if my standards were as low as yours

Do it, then.

I feel like it has more to do with your gaming experience. I've only played Shadow of Colossus over a decade after it was released, and just didn't feel the sense of wonder I thought I would, whereas games like Mafia 1 with its little easter eggs made me feel like there's more to that virtual world back in 2001, when I was just starting to play.

Is Zelda unironically the most universally beloved & circlejerked thing on the entire internet?

The exploration in this game sucks because you can see almost everything a long time before you arrive. Being able to see so much in an “open air” world is actually a detriment to a feeling of exploration, not a positive.

>stacking sweetrolls in the corner of your house
>masturbating to inn-keeper titties
>laughing over the hilarious arrow-to-the-knee jokes

pretty much

is every day life stuff a big thing to you?

I mean, I guess you could argue that Gransys being smaller makes how fucking empty it is seem less bad by comparison.

>it has no content
>it has content but I don’t count it
How far are you going to make this guy kick the ball?

NOW WITH POLL

When I tried to get to the zora place not how the game wanted me to and realized what is not empty nothingness is shoehorned anyway.
I did succeed, but thats not really relevant to my complaint.

are you literally retarded or didn't you just read what you replied to?

cope

Attached: 1493149861295.jpg (700x913, 110K)

Finally some proof that not all autists are bad. Doing god's work, user.

and a shrine is your reward for literally every one of those

>when people say no content they mean the content isn’t exciting
>>I don’t like the content therefore there is none

Made a poll for all of you to enjoy and vote.

strawpoll.me/18087515

There was almost nothing I came across in this world that made me think “huh, that’s neat.” The game desperately needed more interesting details or former signs of life. Everything in the world just has too much of an obvious purpose. If I stumble upon an old temple I want it to seem really interesting, not just an obstacle course to avoid guardians. It just doesn’t feel like a world that actually existed

RDR2 is NOTHING. Your movement is sluggish, the combat is lackluster, you're punished for exploring, the environment can't be interacted with in the slightest. All it has is story, which admittedly BotW is lacking.

>muh rewards

Good thing I care more about the gameplay, the exploration, and the journey to get those rewards rather than the rewards themselves. I don't give a shit about digital trinkets, I care about the actual adventure.

look at the first line you just copied, it doesn't mean the same as the second line which you wrote
I can make a ten page list of shit you can do in your average ubishit game too, how meaningful, to ignore the point

If someone doesn't like a game this praised I begin to assume they're just a contrarian faggot.

Trying to do the love letter bullshit. The fucking thing was bugged, literally disappears upon falling down the second waterfall. Huge waste of time

Fucking zoomers, only caring for the payoff rather than the journey.

it sold more
it made more money
it won a bigger percentage of GOTY awards in its respective year
it was better received not only among the gaming community but also by actual devs

Stay butthurt, cuck

Attached: 74574575.jpg (981x382, 94K)

the journey is nice if you experience cool shit during it, in botw cool shit is sparse as fuck, instead it likes to throw repetitive shit at you

not him but I'll go for it
>the large, ferocious, hostile bears found traversing the wilderness and awaiting hungrily in caves
>the docile, domesticated chickens you can harvest eggs from in the comfy towns to utilize for alchemy
>the gentle, carefree cows chewing away on farmlands, some painted with mysterious symbols to be offered as sacrifices
>the beautiful, passive deer bugling for mates in the lush forests, fleeing when approached
>the clumsy, loud horkers lounging on the icy sides of rivers, crawling up to land
>the lumbering mammoths, standing tall, herded by the enormous, normally passive, primitive humanoids known as giants who will retaliate when struck
>the enigmatic mudcrabs with durable shells hiding by the beach
>the menacing, blood-thirsty sabre cats roaming the lands, predominating the highlands, abandoning their hunt to sink their colossal teeth into your vulnerable flesh
all sandbox shit is the same

it's a minecraft clone that's why it has so little lore and repeats itself

Yeah but just because someone says “this content was boring” doesn’t negate the vast majority of players who found it enthralling, or the almost unanimous praise game developers and the industry itself gave the game. If it had shit content that wouldn’t be the case

same is true for your average ubishit game too

Not him but They’re different games with different goals

>uhhh...okay, so we'll start you off here and you can do what you want and the end result is always the same
Great journey.

Based Bloomer

It never left. BotW is a truly incredible game and I don't even like open world games.

absolute brainlets
the sense of wonder is killed if i know for certain my reward is literally piss all

if I wanted to do menial tasks that give me nothing I would go on a fucking hike, not look at pixels in a video game and jack off over how "cool" the journey (read: minigame) was

the world didn't feel mysterious and dangerous enough, if exploring had been a bigger challenge I'd liked it better, instead you can just run anywhere without any issue at all

it needed more nature-themed enemies like Deku Babas and plants that would attack you, or bugs/spider enemies like Tektites and Skulltulas of previous games. A giant Gohma boss guarding ancient ruins would've been a lot more interesting than decayed Guardians everywhere

Attached: DekuBabaH.png (472x599, 236K)

Is there a worse Nintendo community on Yea Forums than Zelda?
>Mario community just posts porn
>Pikmin is dead
>Metroid has good discussions most of the time
>Smash clogs up the board and argues all of the time, but at least they can find some solidarity in enjoying the game
>Animal Crossing is waiting for news
>Zelda is always arguing, can never enjoy a game, the only thing they can think about is hating the other games in the series

>see a dragon for the first time
>it does nothing but fly around
>the one in the mountains just has evil blobs on it
>they contribute nothing to the story
>barely acknowledged by NPCs

Attached: 56d.gif (478x360, 1.36M)

Go play call of duty. They will reward you every 2 minutes, exactly like you want.

You just posted a list of animals and enemies, but the BotW autist also provided actual descriptions of handrafted locations, challenges and puzzles.

Skyrim is nowhere close to having BotW's content and even Todd praised the game.

When someone says “no content” they mean the game has no content. You’re simply trying to reformat the “argument” to fit that autists list of things in the game. 10/10 game babyyy!

Just play it on 30FPS so none of the mechanics break and it will never dip at all.

>You just posted a list of animals and enemies
because that's what he slipped into every list to pad it out
either way, both games are overrated and people like to exaggerate all the ANYTHING you can do just like fucking todd

>instead you can just run anywhere without any issue at all
You never played the game. I have like 8 hearts and enemies are still one shotting me. At the start of the game every single enemy is one shotting you.

not those but the botw autist literally lists a bunch of animals and enemies too...

>unironically high horse-ing with the worse zelda game, and then claiming call of duty is beneath you

Sad...

Ubisoft open world games haven’t been praised for their innovation since AC1

Seething everyday

Attached: 130166257993.jpg (260x194, 10K)

Oh dear.

Attached: B3E48DF1-3496-4D72-846C-B6160FB91650.gif (400x228, 20K)

You're the brainlet here. My sense of wonder is maintained because the things I find and do to get the reward are varied and unique enough to make me enjoy doing them. Stop caring about stupid trinkets, you absolute baby.

strawpoll.me/18087515

fill it out and decide this

>portion of the map stuck in perpetual darkness
Oh shit, what the fuck could be inside
>fire bats, a Hinox

>HERO YOU HAVE REACHED THIS DISTANT ISLAND, FINISH THE TRIAL
Oh shit, what could be all the way out here
>Moblins and a Hinox
The coliseum was neat, I guess.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 77K)

they mean they don't find the content worthy of being considered, it's incredibly obvious, because everyone gets to play the same shit and make their statements based on that, shit doesn't qualify to these people as something you'd actually list as worthwhile content
I played the game, I really fucking did play it so fuck you I guess

Seconding this. He should consider Overwatch so he can watch his progress bars advance

based

I know that the BotW autist did that, I'm saying he ALSO listed the good stuff. Learn to read.

Enemies can't actually one-shot you unless you're playing Master mode, you fucking liar.

yeah hail assassin's creed hail botw :) both in the same caliber, after all people wouldn't buy those if they sucked

I'm not attacking call of duty. It does exactly what it sets out to do and it does it well. It's a Skinner box where you are constantly rewarded. If rewards are what you enjoy about a game then the call of duty games are literally made for you.

>not a single day

It went back after having played a custom dungeon. Mods will save this game.

Attached: 1558992140156.png (1300x844, 1.6M)

but skyrim has tons of dungeons and unique npcs and locations and shit? this item system, you could surely make a long ass list of hand crafted shit in skyrim

>hear this game has labyrinths and dark forests
>excited to play it
>the dark forest is just a dumb maze for a shrine with torches pointing the way the whole time
>labyrinths are just totally open cereal box quality mazes for a shrine
Anyone who is impressed by this has unbelievably low standards. I can’t express how disappointed I was when I came upon the labyrinths and saw what they actually were

You're completely fucking retarded. Enemies can and do one shot you all the time. Especially the big skeleton niggers.

fpbp
seethe, consolewar cucks

Skyrim's handcrafted content pales in comparison to BotW's. Its caves in particular are a joke because they amount to the exact same experience every fucking time.

How does it make you feel Eric that this game is gonna sell 30 million lifetime and it's sequel will get at least a 98 on metacritic?

Does BotW even have caves?

okay thanks for switching your argument but I don't care, my point is that some stupid ass list padded with bunch of shit is retarded and you can do that shit with stuff like skyrim no problem

Botw does not procedurally generate anything. All of its content was made by someone with a specific goal for it. Most of skyrims content is copy pasted. It's not comparable at all.

If I gave enough of a shit I could romanticize the ratway or highmoon hall but I don't

BotW’s repeated korok puzzles and combat shrines are more egregious than anything in any other open world game.

>worse zelda game
>when this exists

Attached: Mike Wazowski.png (690x695, 375K)

>It feels like more of a theme park with silly mini games than an actual world with history to get lost in and explore.
All games feel this way.
Go outside. Videogames arent for you.

Fuck all of you

No, but it had other things that felt varied and unique. I'm still finding handcrafted landmarks 200 hours in.

I didn't switch my argument. The argument is that, yes, the list is padded, but it still mentions more interesting things than any amount of tedious nonsense you could make in a Skyrim list.

strawpoll.me/18087515

vote, so you don't have to read 400+ posts to see everyones opinion

But they don’t. You just haven’t played many other open world games

okay thanks for going on a tangent with some new argument but I don't care
btw there's nothing inherently wrong with procedural content and nothing inherently good with shit created without procedures, a bunch of manually copy pasted rocks don't have to be any better than rocks generated and placed by procedures as an example, this is a remark that applies to shit outside of those two games
people love minecraft

If you're seriously wasting your time online, in this place, being a contrarian instead of actually enjoying video games. Please, have sex.

Video games aren’t for you if you would just describe them as theme parks with silly mini games. If this is how BotW fans see games I’m not surprised why you are so impressed by it

okay but you can't prove any of that so I don't care, after all it's just your view on some vidya nonsense, note before you say it, I literally am not pushing one way or the other, my point just is that fuck these retarded lists, they achieve nothing

>All games feel this way.
Not really, but Zelda does.

Acting like BotW feels lovingly handcrafted and unique at every spot is just absurdly ridiculous. The combat shrines are all just the same thing and too much of the game is boring green fields. At least in Skyrim most caves have at least something unique be it a den of vampires of some items strewn about. BotW is the EPITOME of boring copy pasted content to pad out an open world. Especially when you factor in the retarded korok seeds

I'd say Smash fags are on par but Zelda is pretty fucking bad

Attached: 1544612275016.jpg (476x436, 174K)

That's just how the Zelda fanbase is on the internet. They have to prove the game they grew up with is the best, so they spend more time shitting on the games that challenge their perspective instead of praising their own baby.

>Modded dungeons
Blessed. This what the game needs.

Not to mention the same enemy camps everywhere. In Skyrim at least there’s a lot of different little farms and hovels. Seriously Skyrim’s world feels a lot better crafted than BotW’s. And Skyrim isn’t even a great example of an open world, but BotW really is just that bas

imagine botw but it was made with same sort of visuals as death stranding or rdr2
I don't care what you say shit would be really cool to look at

I managed to clear all the Divine Beasts and get the Master Sword. I was wandering around some tropical rainforest area but was pretty bored since all that was left was shrines, sidequests and the final boss. Just kind of stopped playing shortly after, never finished.

The sad part is that you have this saved in a folder full of similar images. Obsessed.

>ganon has given up reincarnation to assume his biggest form ever
>even if ganon comes back....

WELL WICH ONE IS IT I THOUGHT HE GAVE UP ON COMING BACK?!

Until I finished the first "dungeon". God the game became fucking bad once I realized there's pretty much nothing to discover.

>Please, have sex.

Attached: go on then.png (604x561, 445K)

It started after I got the master sword. I would only use it so I wouldn’t destroy other weapons. I really stopped caring about exploring once I got all the shrines. Also op is a fag if he stopped right when he finished the tutorial

The fuck are you even talking about you retard? Older videogames were almost about the destination and not the reward. Retarded zoomers with their achievement whore culture made everything worse

>Acting like BotW feels lovingly handcrafted and unique at every spot is just absurdly ridiculous

Not him, but most of it is.

>The combat shrines are all just the same thing and too much of the game is boring green fields.

The combat shrines are a minority. Most of the map is filled with little secrets and puzzles if you look hard enough.

>Skyrim caves
>unique

Yikes.

>WELL WICH ONE IS IT
He DIDN'T give up reincarnation. The English version and ONLY the English version made that stupid change. LITERALLY every other language says he refused to give up.

rent free and dilate, cuck

the korok forest is a good example because it's quite a big setpiece but when you actually go there, it's surprisingly pointless, like you can sleep there lmao

skyward sword had a lot of bullshit, but there wasn't a single thing in breath of the wild more entertaining or awe-inspiring than the underwater forest and ancient cistern

the thing about the other zelda games is that the reward is often a cooler, more unexpected journey

>play pretty standard forest area
>come back later
>the entire thing is underwater
>bring back stupid water for a stupid fish
>the dungeon after looks like a pretty standard water temple
>just kidding you have to fight your way out of hell

compared to botw
>empty nothings
>oh look, that looks interesting
>interact with it
>yahaha! or "sigh.... another shrine"

Around the time i had to climb mountains and it had a shitty stamina mechanic to it so it took ages.

Fuck off zoomer.

Well who should I blame for that fuck up then, NoA?

>play skyward
>get bombarbed by constant interruptions, exposition and disgusting handholding
Fuck off if you want to go to that garbage game design Aonuma cuck

In Skyrim in an enemy camp, szzthere’s a chance you might find a journal or something. Just a little flavor. In BotW fucking nothing like this, moblin camps are all just the same boring bullshit over and over

strawpoll.me/18087515

let the votes do the arguing

Different game design philophies you retarded faggot. Unlike Skyrim, BOTW focuses on puzzles

fuck you and your spam of reddit pols

Sky Keep and the Sandship were pretty good too, SS was great when it came to dungeons in general, the sole exception being having to retread the Skyview Temple because they had to pad the latter half of the game

Attached: Sky_Keep.png (1024x505, 1.21M)

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO

older than you 25 this month

Attached: a.png (592x1038, 700K)

You now realize the sequel to BotW will be the actual Game of the Millennia. Marrying the traditional Zelda with the new, open, one. Dungeons, real sailing, caves and underwater exploration, more narrative story, the reintroduction of many classic enemies, and the return of beloved key items like the hookshot.

Attached: Link Spank.gif (500x333, 180K)

shame botw design philosophy is that the puzzles should be easy for even iq 80 retards

Liberals and California, of course. I know you're thinking that makes no sense, but that doesn't matter. Must hate and demonize perceived enemies, no matter how idiotic it is!

Fujibayashi directed both BOTW and Skyward Sword, and also co-wrote the plot for it (in case you were wondering why BOTW has so many SS callbacks)

given his previous Zelda experience it's not surprising he'd make a game solely focusing on elemental puzzles and physics

BotW doesn't feel like an Aonuma game since it's actually good

more like it'll be pretty much identical except with some tiny additions and people will praise it even though a lot better could be achieved if people demanded more than pokemon franchise tier rehashes

If by “little secrets and puzzles” you mean mostly boring and samey korok puzzles, then yes. BotW feels very lacking in ACTUAL secrets to find compared to a game like RDR2

But the majority of people complaining are Sony and PC players, user.

Recommend 1 (ONE) OW game better than BoTW. BoTW is overrated as fuck but I still liked it despite its flaws. I tried a lot of other Open World games and got bored

>zoomer born in the 90s thinking he can compete
get the fuck out

Literally any of the environmental shrine quest puzzles are better than any of those mindless reddit tier easter eggs in RDR2.

Then why is it even a fucking open world in the first place. Make it a fucking puzzle game if you want dumb, unnatural puzzles everywhere. As it stands the world of BotW feels insanely unimerrsive because it’s filled with these dumb puzzles instead of interesting details

Be optimistic, friend. It'll be the greatest game to ever grace us, literally nobody will be able to disagree when it hits shelves.

Attached: Zelda Spank.gif (600x400, 407K)

Attached: 14c.jpg (600x733, 29K)

this is why you retarded faggots are cancer hyping yourselves up for disappointment. it's not gonna be like that since nintendo is retarded

Like 10 hours when I realized I'd seen almost everything there was too see and the game was actually really formulaic despite being enormous. Interesting landmarks are extremely rare, most things you stumble across are just another boring bokoblin encampment. Shrines felt more like dungeons than the actual dungeons and they all look exactly the same so it gets boring fast. At some point I just rushed all of the memories to get it over with. Hate that this is what mainline Zelda is going to be from now on.

They had to make them like that so retarded people like you could solve them, autist

Sorry but finding weird abandoned shacks and creepy things in the wood and meteors and stuff like that is just outrageously superior to yet another boring puzzle completely lacking in atmosphere or intrigue.

>get bombarbed by constant interruptions, exposition and disgusting handholding

He just said the game had a lot of bullshit. He was referring one to aspect of it he believed made it superior to BOTW, exploration and rearwards which was the topic of the discussion.

Yes.

what are you even talking about, red dead isnt about puzzles like botw pretends to be

read the fucking thread negro

>secret and puzzles
almost all repeating a few same puzzles, if you even want to call them puzzles because sure doesn't make me think when I see a ring of rocks a million times

BotW won't get its own MM-esque sequel
Watch Nintendo start over

all I see are two sides of the same fanbase arguing over a game in the series

sure did a poor job if I was the target audience all along, for real puzzle games are obviously shit if the puzzles don't make you think

I know understand why BotW fans always act so smug and superior, they think lining the landscape with dumb puzzles makes them look more intelligent than if there was actually interesting content or lore

BOTW has all of those. Of course you would know that if you actually played the game. Stay butthurt

He didn’t say they were unique, he said there’s usually something unique about most caves, which is true. You might find a journal or interesting details like skulls from necrmancers. That’s way more than can be said for BotW

Probably because you're a retarded faggot who hasn't read past the last few posts

Isn't it obvious? Sonyfags have been shitting up BotW ever since Horizon Zero Dawn failed.

It'll be BotW 2.0 with the exact same flaws and Nintendo bootlickers will eat it up. Enjoy collecting Koroks and completing shrines

80 hours in

i know understand why BotW haters always act so smug and superior, they are still butthurt about people liking a game

Can BotW ever be topped?