I just want to say I dislike Shadow's new voice and I hate that they've thrown out all his development and personality...

I just want to say I dislike Shadow's new voice and I hate that they've thrown out all his development and personality and just made him meme Vegeta. I'm not saying he was super deep before but this is a step down in my book.

On the other end of the spectrum, I think Tails is great as he is and sounds now. With the exception of Forces.

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 1.2M)

Other urls found in this thread:

trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today 5-y&geo=US&q=/m/015dxd,/m/01x1wl
eurogamer.pt/articles/2019-05-30-team-sonic-racing-vendeu-menos-de-6-000-unidades-no-japao
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Shadow was kino in the takeover tho

>Le ultimate lifeform
At least Shadow has one note, I still don't know wtf they want for Silver. Sad, because I like him.

>Amy is best girl now

>I dislike Shadow's new voice
Kirk Thornton has been Shadow's VA for almost 10 years now.

Why are only Sonic fans this autistic?

>tails is great
New voice, sure. But he’s suffered even worse character destruction than shadow could ever hope to receive.

shadow's VA performance in these meme takeovers or in game? because he sounds way different

The difference is staggering, really.

I can only ascertain OP is a tendie who didn't get the other games with him in it because they were on other consoles.

The voice direction in Sonic games have been horrendous for a long time.

shadow sounds fine in game desu

As long as Pollock remains as based as he is for Eggman, I'm good

His character development is exactly what was holding him back from being an effective Sonic character. Making him "evil asshole Sonic" is the only role he can have that justifies his existence.

Sonic Free Riders is the only game with Kirk that wasn't on a Nintendo platform you dumb consolefag.

Tee Takeovers are all written on-the-fly by Aaron Webber, the memeguy that runs their PR accounts. I don't think he has anyone supervising him or approving of what he has the characters say while he's doing this.

It's very easy to overlook the amount of time that's gone by with the current cast given how they've dramatically slowed down the production of new Sonic games as well as how hard they've sidelined the supporting cast.

Shadow has not had an actor change since losing Griffith from Sonic X. Kirk Thornton has voiced both him and Orbot since 2011 or so.

Kirby fans are way more autistic especially Bandana Dee fanboys.

I agree with the sentiment but I feel they didn't need to take it to this level of goofy. Cocky rival would be enough.

Since when is it autism to not like a change in a character's voice or personality?

Mark my fucking words

The next Twitter takeover is going to have Zavok as a commentator with all the other characters enjoying his company as a self-aware jab at the fans who dislike him

"Cocky rival" is Knuckles. And the whole"Sonic's opposite" thing is Metal Sonic. Shadow needs to be a complete edgelord to not be completely redundant. He needs to own the fact that he's a dated early 2000's joke and use it to his advantage.

Because that character is a talking hedgehog that says shit like IT'S LIKE TAKING CANDY FROM A BABY WHICH IS FINE BY ME and WHERE'S THAT DAMN FOURTH CHAOS EMERALD?
It's hardly a character driven masterpiece.

I miss Deem Bristow or whatever he's called but Pollock does a good job too.
Wish I could say the same about all the other Sonic characters getting a new VA.

Okay, and? No one said it was a masterpiece.

forgot the image

>IT'S LIKE TAKING CANDY FROM A BABY WHICH IS FINE BY ME
"This is easy, which is fine by me."

It's very abundantly clear that, regardless of who came first, Metal Sonic has taken a back seat to Shadow. Shadow's the one that's more recognizable by this point.

Attached: TwitterTakeover.jpg (397x640, 69K)

Sonic's new voice is objectively better in his delivery and tone, but old Sonic sounded so ridiculously bad that it somehow fits the character infinitely better

Attached: 1552378052547.gif (278x214, 1.31M)

I think he should be a more down-to-earth counterpart to Sonic. Almost like a straight man, and have them play off each other like that.

>It's very abundantly clear that, regardless of who came first, Metal Sonic has taken a back seat to Shadow.
I know the classic cast is horribly utilized at this point, including Tails and Knuckles, but that's not the point.
>Shadow's the one that's more recognizable by this point.
Whether that's true or not (I doubt it, everyone loves Metal Sonic in every game he shows up in and they beg him to return) is irrelevant. The point is that without being an edgelord joke characted Shadow will continue fading into irrelevancy.

>"This is easy, which is fine by me."
lol yeah sure mate

Sonic is the straight man though. He's supposed to be cool and level-headed.

Kirk Thorton makes Shadow sound like a gruff cowboy
Thats a compliment by the way

WHO POSTED MY NUDES ON TWITTER DOT COM

It's true. When a dull character like Shadow says, "This is like taking candy from a baby, which is fine by me," he's basically just saying "I am alright with this being easy."
If it was a goofy villain cartoony character like Fang or Wario saying it, you could take it more like the more entertaining interpretation, "This is easy, and also I have no issue with literally taking candy from a baby."

He's supposed to be a wisecracker with an attitude, so putting a guy with no sense of humor next to him (Shadow) would make that guy the straight man.

How is he wrong though

It would also make him boring

Boy the Sonic fanbase sure is retarded

That's what he already is regardless, and that's pretty much the point of a straightman, to prop up the comedy/personalities of the other characters around him.

Knuckles and Metal Sonic both already do this, filling both the "gross overexggerated reaction" and "absolutely no reaction" niches respectively. Shadow actually talks back sometimes with some wisecracks of his own.

>I doubt it
Of course you do, you prefer Metal to Shadow and want to feel justified but he's right, Metal as a whole is completely irrelevant compared to Shadow, when they think of Sonic's Rival only classicfags who hate Shadow think of Metal if they're not gonna say Knuckles.

>Shadow
>dull
Shadow is literally the most interesting and developed character in the franchise.

>I doubt it, everyone loves Metal Sonic in every game he shows up in and they beg him to return
That's the core Sonic fanbase. I'm talking about the general public, they're much more likely to recognize a picture of Shadow than Metal Sonic given how prominent he was in promotional material and playable appearances back during his debut era, and if he's already pulling his weight in that sense when it comes to popularity, then no, he's not going to become irrelevant. Beyond Tails, Knuckles, Eggman, and Amy, Shadow's immediately next in line. Everyone BEHIND him needs to worry about their relevancy.

>Amy
Throw Amy behind Shadow, Outside of Boom everyone's gotten bored of her.

Yeah he's right. It's a case of bad localization.

Can't help but think about Thunderhead telling Chopper to shut the fuck up everytime Shadow speaks.

As long Pollock keeps voicing Eggman I don't care about the rest.

Until it's erased because that "development" basically just makes him even more boring and impossible to utilize in an entertaining way.

>Dated early 2000's joke

Go back to listening to Black Mumble Rappers talking about fucking your women ya white zoomer faggot

Sonic Battle had some of the best characterization for them, but I think a decent comparison for the angle they should go for is having Sonic reminiscent of Dante and Shadow of Vergil. Not exactly the same of course but hopefully you get the idea.

Why are Shadowcucks so triggered by Metalchad?

Only if you mainly talk to older male gamers

Shes likely responsible for millions of fangirls to get interested in the franchise

Not until you stop slitting your wrists and listening to Linkin Park, Shadowfag.

>buzzwords
Shadow is more popular than Metal Sonic. I'd say Shadow's at LEAST the fourth most popular character in the series after Sonic, Eggman, and Knuckles, if not more popular than some of those three.

The thread was made with Shadow as the topic, Metal Sonic fans are the ones that felt the need to bring him into this.

Sonic is responsible. Girls don't give a shit about Amy. Only autistic pinkfag manchildren and male "MUH GIRL POWER REPRESENTATION" retards like her.

That's why you pretend every after '06 didn't happen.

Unleashed onwards is when everyone's personalities started to suffer.

Shadow is second popular in official polls.

Someone mentioned a Sonic character in a Sonic thread and that threw Shadowfags in a defensive and delusional rant.

If I were to judge, the top 5 most popular characters are Sonic, Shadow, Eggman, (powergap) Amy, and Tails or Metal Sonic. Knuckles hasn't been very popular in a long while, which sucks.

It's Sonic, Shadow, Eggman, Tails and then the rest.
It's honestly impressive Tails still has his popularity considering it can be argued Sega is trying their hardest to kill it.

Knuckles is way more popular with kids than Shadow now.

Delusional as always Shadowfags.
trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today 5-y&geo=US&q=/m/015dxd,/m/01x1wl

Couldn’t place Shadow’s voice for a while but then it hit once he said certain phrases and realized that he’s Saïx.

>Literally all of Knuckles search terms are related around the Ugandan Knuckles meme
>Shadow's actually revolves around the games.
You sure showed me user

I watched a lot of Bobobo so I just think of him and Orbot as Don Patch doing various impressions.

>go through all 25 of Knuckles' related search terms
>DO YOU KNOW DE WAE XD
>go through all of Shadow's
>actually related to Shadow

>they've thrown out all his development and personality and just made him meme Vegeta.
They really haven't. The most significant development he's made is no longer caring about his past or letting it define him. Outside of memeing about muh ultimate lifeform he's still portrayed mostly as an anti hero and even as having more of a soft side (if it wasn't just them memeing) and a genuine belief in doing good (and supporting local business apparently)

Every Sonic character is a meme.

>kids love memes
>kids love Knuckles
>OMG WHY DOES KNUCKLES HAVE MEMES

Attached: 1520653559056.gif (409x427, 1.34M)

I'm not trying to say Knuckles is unpopular or bad. He's my favorite Sonic character. But I don't think he's more popular than Shadow at this point.

Metal sonic isnt a sonic friend though. Hes just straight evil

The Meme isn't popular because of Knuckles himself though.
You don't see people going "I went and played Sonic Mania because that meme was SOOO Funny and made me want to play as him", shit it brought people to VRChat more.

The data disagrees.

It is popular because of the character but not a specific game. Kinda like Big but on a bigger scale.

>enter Shadow thread
>m-muh popularity
Why are therr people like this

>It is popular because of the character
It's really not because next to none of it relates to Knuckles. What does a queen, spitting and Uganda actually have to do with Knuckles?

It's Knuckles.

shadow is only popular because of edgy fangirls

It’s fitting that Shadow shares the same fate as Vegeta now. All of Veggie’s development was flushed down the toilet in super and became useless angry mememan like Shadow.

I want Fang to come back.

Attached: 1558954726516.png (168x256, 31K)

This game only sold 6k in Japan. Why is Sonic so fucking dead in his homeland?

He was made with Westerners in mind, the SEGA Genesis itself wasn't even that big of a hit in Japan.

Sonic characters get new voices
> Autistic Sonic fans screech for days and go like REEEEEEEE BRING HIM! HE SOUNDS LIKE SHIT BACK DOWN WITH 4KIDS!
Mario characters get new voices
> Nobody bats an eye

Why are Sonicfags like this?

Attached: 1558919982008.jpg (709x472, 126K)

>Mario characters get new voices
>> Nobody bats an eye
I've seen many complaints about Donkey Kong's and Rosalina's new voices.

>Mario characters get new voices
They don't speak enough to warrant strong opinions one way or the other.

I think there would be a good bit of backlash if they ever got rid of Martinet without a really good reason.

That said, Sonic characters talk a lot more than Mario's cast so more fans care about how they speak.

Toad's horrible voice gets a lot of shit and his Mario Kart 64 voice is well-recieved

> tfw Waluigi is the only character who had the same VA since his debut

Attached: 648.png (412x351, 74K)

Tails as a character is the worst he's ever been. His voice is fine though.

Right, everyone's quick to blame Forces for Tails's characterization but he was pretty insufferable in Lost World as well, worsened by the fact that its ignored how many of their issues are caused by Tails and Sonic's actions (Tails's petty jealousy for no reason and Sonic's rash actions that only get them into more trouble).

I just hate how utterly worthless he is now. You could remove him from the modern games and there would zero changes to the overall story. If a character is going to be in the game solely for story purposes at least make them actually have a purpose. A guy carrying around a translation device and occasionally flying a plane is not an excuse, Sonic Team.

Knuckles being in Lost World felt like a really pathetic usage of the character as well

I completely forgot he was in Lost World and he was in like 3 cutscenes. All of which were in the same location if I'm remembering right in the middle of some green field with weird cube trees.

Attached: 1544491477044.gif (500x278, 1.9M)

Ever since Colors he's been total shit. At least Mania was a good return to form for him and Knuckles.

Source?

Just Google it

I recently played Team Sonic Racing and noticed how weird his voice sounds. Rouge sounds awful too. When did these two VAs get changed?

If I found it on Google I wouldn't be asking for source

Except people gave a lot of shit when Mercedes Rose stopped voicing Rosalina, moreso in MK8, when Daisy became voiced by Deanna Mustard, and when Toad's voice got replaced by the modern scratchy one.

Attached: A3D7ECA2-78B8-4D26-BC95-9EE076382FA5.jpg (1280x720, 199K)

The same time as Sonic and everyone else after Black Knight

Sonic Rivals

Brother I'm not googling it for you

So here's a link for the article I saw
eurogamer.pt/articles/2019-05-30-team-sonic-racing-vendeu-menos-de-6-000-unidades-no-japao

Feel free to at least use the Google translator